Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2018 :  08:18:16 AM  Show Profile
Happy Saturday ladies,
It is a beautiful day here. Loving the sunshine and warmth. Makes my heart happy.

Peggy I meant to let you know I have been praying for you so sorry about your mom. Hubby and I are looking at vacation dates and places. I am so ready for time to relax and refresh.

So ready to plant flowers and get out and play in the dirt. My sweet dogs are happy they can play outside too. It is like we have freed our wings lol.
well going to spend the day helping my stepdaughter lay carpet in her basement. she has recently gone through a divorce and has a roommate moving in and so we are doing some work to make the basement look nice.

Yall have a beautiful day
love and blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2018 :  12:40:58 PM  Show Profile
Hi all, Well today we are having 41 that feels like 34(they say). We just mowed for the first time this week, so it's hard to grasp this cold snap after being so warm. I haven't been outside. I'm just reading, watching travel shows and garden shows and drinking hot tea. That's what I call 'Me Time'. Dave's on VC...but we have no plans. We'll just come and go as the wind blows us.
Everyone have a great weekend!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2018 :  4:38:44 PM  Show Profile
The goldfinch arrived today. The yard was covered with yellow dandelion and goldfinch. Love that sight as much as I love them on the sunflowers in the late summer. Their song is so pretty.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2018 :  3:30:11 PM  Show Profile
WOW!...lucky you Nora. I just love goldfinch(so pretty), but we will have to wait till June for those to arrive. I did see an odd, random one back in March. I told Dave that it had to just be passing thru because it was pretty cold and we always have food out.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2018 :  3:58:53 PM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...

Went to the Eye Surgeon today and they are going to lazer both eyes with the hopes that will bring down the pressure in my eyes. Probably next week sometime or
the week after. Want to get that all done before I head back to Spokane. My middle son Pat is still in Spokane and doing projects for me. I think he is enjoying
having my mom's house to himself for a few weeks. That is fine with me because he can be my Security Guy too. LOL I had him wash all my Mom's Glassware and he said
that he thinks she bought one glass a day for the last 50 years! LOL She had a lot that is for sure.

Before I went to Spokane I had taken down all my Easter Stuff but not gotten around to putting it away. So, I want to get that done today...but I need a nap first.
My youngest son Shane and I are still doing Financial Stuff for my Mom's Estate. I make the phone calls and he faxes the paper-work I need. I sign off on it and he
faxes it back. I don't know what I would do without these boys to help me. They each are a Great Help. My Oldest son is going to Spokane next Week I think. My Mom had
a Fabrege (and other) Egg Collection and he wants that. I took a couple Crystal ones I liked and he can have the rest.

Our weather today is very overcast but was suppose to rain all day long and hasn't...so I am good with that. All our Rhoddies are in Bloom here and they are just so
Gorgeous! I still need to do my last planter. Hopefully tomorrow. You would think that would be a fast and easy project...but it is at the bottom of a long list. LOL

OK...not much new here.

Nora...We don't get Goldfinch here...but we have our fair share of other Pretty Birds.

Judy...hope you and Dave have some fun things you will go do while he is on VayCay! LOL

More Later girlies,
Peggy

Judy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2018 :  5:51:29 PM  Show Profile
Hey ladies,
just thought I would fly in real quick. We have gone from winter to summer. 84 degrees and 50 mile per hour winds. We have had two major multi car accidents on our interstate due to dirt blowing from fields and farmers trying to get crops in. 15 people hurt yesterday. Today no major injuries. the dirt cause black out conditions. Hoping tomorrow is less windy.

sweet hubby is out of town this week with some of his students. They are participating in national ffa contest in Oklahoma. They are to have severe weather this week. I am praying it not come to be.

My one son is graduating from college next week and the other one is out today and has one more year. They will be 22 on Tuesday. Where did time go? They still have their own twin language even being apart

Butterflies and I have 8 and half days left. But who is counting lol.

well best get hubby packed up and ready for his trip. Yall have a great evening
love and blessings,
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2018 :  6:19:50 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, good luck with your laser surgery.

Got the fence up around my raised beds and could take the bird netting off. The chickens can't get to my veggies now. Winston was out there tonight trying to figure out how to get in and go to the bathroom. We are suppose to be in the 80's the rest of the week. Everything should shoot up now.

We finally got the mowing done today, I broomed the grass and after I used what I needed for my compost pile, I gave the rest to the cows. They loved it.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9242 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9242 Posts

Posted - May 01 2018 :  5:46:56 PM  Show Profile
Nora,
I love the goldfinch! They are our state bird here. So pretty!

We had 78 degrees here today so I took advantage and cleaned out my car. It was long overdue. I need to do the carpets in there with something to get them cleaned up but then it will be good as new. It's a 2004 and I have tried to keep it nice for whoever owns it next. I have been thinking on selling it and getting some other kind of Honda. We really like that model as it has been very reliable for us in the past.

I was outside before 8 this morning cleaning out one of our sheds that we use for storage. Felt good to get it cleaned up a bit and see what is out there. I didn't realize how early it was till I came back in for a second cup of coffee and saw that the clock on the stove read 8:55. I managed to get a lot done in the garage too. It is a perpetual thing trying to get the garage cleaned out. I start every Spring with good intentions but never manage to get far. I have to have help and my guys aren't always available to help. So I plug along doing what I can. Never seems to get totally finished though.

Hope everyone is enjoying nice weather. We are to have 88 degrees up here by Friday. I'm not ready for it to be quite that warm but it is to cool down to the 60's and give us some Spring temps again next week.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007
FGOTM~7/2013
"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 02 2018 :  10:40:58 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porch Babes...

Well...it is Sunny and bright today but still on the cool side. Suppose to warm up later in the day. My husband is back in his room with the Heat up to 80 degrees and
he is cold. I wish I had that problem. I would rather be cold than hot any day. Don't get me wrong...I love my hot summers as long as I come into the Air Conditioning.
But I will probably have to wrap him up in an Eskimo suit so he will be warm with the AC on. LOL I walk down the hall to do the laundry and the heat from his room
is coming out in waves.

Denise...I wish I had your energy!!! I have been getting up early too...but just have the strength to do the bare minimal around here. Doing my mom's house is using up
energy I don't have. I hope to be done there by the end of June but who knows. I did get all my Easter Decor put away...and my husband (who rarely notices anything
has changed) made a comment about how nice it was to have a clean dining room table. I had to agree!!! My Son Pat that I left in Spokane is getting all the rest of
mom's dishes and pans washed up. At least the ones on the main floor. The Basement is going to be the Nightmare! LOL I need to go out today and clean off the Porch and
get the rocking chair and my other chairs out and just make it ready for enjoying. The only thing holding me back is I will just get it all ready to relax and enjoy
and I will have to head back to Spokane. My husband never goes out there...just me and my son.

Teacher Tammy...I cannot believe one of your sons is Graduating College this year. Oh, my goodness that is just unbelieveable. Wasn't it just yesterday that they were
starting High School???? Praying for your hubby and the kids he is with as I heard on the news last night how bad those storms are suppose to be in the area he is
going to. All you can do is pray and trust God that He will bring them back safely. ~ I am glad that you and those little Butterflies of yours are about out for
Summer Break. And I hope you won't have to spend half of your summer in the classroom some of the previous years. Any FUN trips with hubby planned???

Nora...you should take some pictures of all the Goldfinch and yellow dandelions and such around your property and share on The Porch. You know that we all Love Pictures!
I'm not worried about the Lazer Surgery I just want it done so that I can make plans to get back to Spokane. My husband is having surgery tomorrow and then next week
my little Elijah is having surgery and so I need to be here for those...and would like to get mine over and done with next week too. The clinic had scheduled my husbands
surgery for the same day as Elijah's...so, I had them change it...and so they are punishing me for doing that and we have to check into the Hospitals by 7:00 tomorrow.
And it is 45 minutes away from our house over in Oregon. I didn't know there was a 7:00 am on the Clock. LOL At least not since I retired. Lord have mercy!

Darlene...thanks for the sympathy card sweet girl! I noticed it was Vintage! In someways they made better cards in those days...didn't they?

Judy...I hope you and the Hubs are out finding some mischief to get into this week. Vacation shouldn't just be spent working around the house. That is boring!!!
Go visit some Amish Shops or something! Then get back on here and tell us what you've done. ~ I got a new Iphone 8plus over the weekend because we switched from
Sprint to Verizon. While in Spokane, Sadie and I had really poor phone coverage but my Son who has Verizon through work...got Great Coverage! So, that is why we
switched. That and Sprint changes your billing every month (at least here in our area) and it drives my Son Nuts...because Sadie, her Mom and I are on a Family Plan
together and our bill is NEVER the same two months in a row. It is Crazy. So, once Sprint found out that we were changing...they decided to make us buy the phones
that we had been leasing through them. Another reason...not to be happy with them. Anyway I love my new phone. I got the Red One...that I really wanted...all this
just to tell you that last night I spent 6 hours deleting duplicate photos off my phone...and all of the grand kids photos they take with my phone or the videos
they make on my phone. I figure I am about half way through my 8,000 + photos. LOL You know me...The Queen of Floral Photography!!! LOL

OK...onto my other emails and then off to clean the Porch!!

Enjoy your day My Porchies...take time to smell the Flowers!

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 02 2018 :  5:37:00 PM  Show Profile
hi Yall,
hope you are having a great day/evening. Tomorrow my twins are turning 22 and that just blows this mama away. Then next week one of them graduates college. They seem to grow up so fast.

Peggy yes hubby and I are planning a trip just not sure exactly where lol I am not planning on being in the classroom much this summer. I am tutoring one butterfly and that is all. I plan on resting and relaxing and refueling. My grandchildren will be here and so I want to spend time with them and my hubby and I decided we need to do more together now that it is just us and the dogs...heheheh

well I am off for evening tea and a book. HOuse is quiet so I plan to enjoy that lol
love and blessings
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - May 03 2018 :  7:37:50 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies! Another beautiful day although I didn't get to enjoy it as I worked on cleaning most of the day. Hopefully soon I'll get a rhythm and schedule that works for me. I'm just getting really frustrated. Too many people dirtying the house that don't live here and no help cleaning from anybody.

On a positive note - Desiree had the baby last week! It was a long labor. She was going to cancel her appt last Monday because she didn't have money for gas. I was going to go over to get groceries so I told her I could take her and we'd go out for lunch after her appt and I'd get groceries. We never made it past her appt. She got sent over to the hospital for a non-stress test and sugar check as she was having signs of pre-eclampsia. There bp was high so they admitted her and started the process. She delivered Hadlee Wednesday morning at 12:20 am - 10 lbs 3 oz! It was a rough delivery. Hadlee got stuck coming out and came out blue - took them a while to resuscitate her. She took a breath coming out and got fluid in her lungs so they had to send her to Grand Forks (an hour away) to the NICU. She was able to come home Sunday. Desiree started hemorrhaging so it was quite stressful. Dustin was there and thankfully didn't realize Desiree was in trouble as well. She came home Friday night. Here's a pic of the lil butterball lol

PeggyAnn - sorry about your mom. I know you had a rough relationship with her so I'm sure it was hard.

Well hopefully I can find time to get on and catch up soon! ---Tammy

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Farmgirl of the Month November 2016
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Wolford, ND
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 03 2018 :  8:19:38 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals, Just a quick one...
P.Tammy,What an adorable "Dumpling" baby, so round and pink! *giggle* Poor Desiree, she really had it rough! Wow!
T.Tammy, I also remember when the boys were in H.S. and you were fretting about them going off to college. I can't believe that the time has flown that fast either. Weren't we just looking at Prom pictures? *giggle*
Wouldn't the goldfinch/dandelion scene make a great puzzle Gals! I'd buy one. Lol
Peg, I'm with you, I have no idea what 7A.M. looks like either. Wait...I think I got up to tinkle once at that hour, then went back to bed and snuggled in for more snoring. hahahahaha
I am NOT a morning person!!!
More later Gals! Have a great evening!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - May 04 2018 :  05:07:36 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, cute baby.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 04 2018 :  1:50:11 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

Prairie Tammy...What a little (oops Big) Cutie Pie she is! Poor Mama!!! Was this her first? She really did go through the ringer poor girl!!!
Oh, boy do I understand people not cleaning up after themselves. Everybody can contribute to the mess but nobody wants to do anything about it.
So, frustrating ... and I feel your pain girlfriend!! Even with just me and my hubby at home...I feel like just a glorified Cook and House Keeper.

Teacher Tammy...well, I'm glad to hear that you have Summer Plans and that you and hubby will have some quality time together! Most Parents get
wrrapped up in their children and their activities so much that when they find themselves just a couple again...they look at each other and think
"Who are you?" Because, lets face it...we all Keep growing and there is nothing worse than finding out that you grew apart instead of together. Not
that I am saying that has happened to you...I'M NOT!!! Having a Christian Foundation usually keeps that from occuring...but Now is the time
to finally really ENJOY EACH OTHER! And rekindle the Romance and Companionship. So...Enjoy Each other and your time together!!! Because as you know
by how quickly your boys grew up...Time Flies!!

Judy...yesterday I had to get up at 5:00 AM so hubby and I could be at OHSU for a proceedure on his throat. I saw the Sunrise!!! I laughed out loud and
said, "Oh, I have a vague remembers of seeing Sunrises years AGO!" It was beautiful but I must admit I catch more Sunsets than Sunrises. LOL I'm with
you...I don't do mornings since I had to Retire. And I'm good with that!!

Nora...I agree with Judy, your yellow on yellow on yellow would make for an interesting Puzzle. But I will let Judy put it together!!! I don't do puzzles
either. LOL I would rather do Diamond Painting any day!

Have a Gorgeous and Fun Weekend Girlies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 04 2018 :  7:25:23 PM  Show Profile
Peg, Just caught one of God's gorgeous Sunsets tonight. It looked like a pink&blue baby blanket. Really soft colors.
Remember Patsy tonight. This is the day Jim passed away 3 years ago. I should have gotten on here and said something earlier, but my nephew from Maryland was home to help Jim's sister move into her new little house. For those of you who remember me talking about Grace who moved to N.C to be close to Patsy&Jim after her husband passed away. She moved back here to be close to her girls after Patsy sold her house in N.C. and moved to Kentucky.(*whew*...what a mouthful) Anyhoo, we got to see my nephew and his family(Jared). He's Patsy's middle son who retires from the A.F. in 2 years and is looking at 157 acres around here. I hope he gets it. I know... what is to be will be, right? To have them close would be wonderful after all these years away in different places. His young-ins range in ages from 4 to 14.
OK...Have a good night Gals!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 05 2018 :  10:49:16 AM  Show Profile
Judy...remembering all your Family in my prayers. It has to be painful for Patsy to have the death anniversary of Jim to face. I know my Mom and MIL never quit missing their
beloved husbands even almost 20 yrs after their death. ~ I keep thinking that I should be calling my Mom and checking up on her...to make sure she is OK. It is weird when you
can't just pick up the phone anymore. My Mom never called me...I always had to call her...so it is a Habit that is hard to ignore now. I know you probably WANT to call your Precious
Mama and talk to her even now...so, you understand.

Have a Beautiful Saturday...But Sundays Coming!!!

Love and Hugs,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7506 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7506 Posts

Posted - May 05 2018 :  8:01:37 PM  Show Profile
Take care, I understand what you are saying. I had a friend, who called a lot and she recently passed away. You never know from one day to the next. .she called, and now the phone is quiet.
Take care please.
The Lord loves you.
Me too!
Blessings!

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9242 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9242 Posts

Posted - May 06 2018 :  04:42:18 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, what a little sweetheart! I hope all is well with mama and baby now.

Judy, prayers for your family

Wishing everyone a great day!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007
FGOTM~7/2013
"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

Edited by - levisgrammy on May 06 2018 04:43:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - May 06 2018 :  4:16:15 PM  Show Profile
Last year a wooden fence post broke off at the ground. The cows have been pushing farther and farther into the yard because of it. Jay has been talking about fixing it for a year. I dug the part of the pole that was still in the ground out and set a new one Friday. Duke supervised from under the T-bird in the shade. But it's finally fixed. I love how truckers do so much work while they're driving but never accomplish anything once they get home. And to top it off, no one can do anything correct but him. Oh well.

We had some much needed rain yesterday and this morning. Our fire service decided to start a control burn last week after banning open burning and it got away from them. Surprise!

I'm going to fix some tea and settle down on the porch in the rocker. Have a great week ladies.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - May 07 2018 :  10:21:32 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Hi gals, Just checking in.

Tammy: Hadlee is cute as a button. My Justin came out round like that because he was a C section. Jared got stuck and I almost bled to death.

He def should have been C section. The docs even said it out loud as they tried to pull him from me!

Prayer kept Jim from having to raise a bunch of kids on his own. God does answer prayer!

May is a very hard month for me because our anniversary (would have been 47 years} is today. His birthday is on the 10th ( would have been 70).

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 07 2018 :  3:11:53 PM  Show Profile
BIG HUGS Sissy!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 07 2018 :  5:29:13 PM  Show Profile
Hey ladies,
It is a beautiful day for our last week of school. Today was field day..kinda like a track meet. Was lots of fun. Tomorrow taking the butterflies on a picnic to the park and fun. We are anxiously awaiting grandbaby number 5. MY youngest stepson and girlfriend are having a little one. it was due on Saturday so far no baby. Baby coming has put their wedding plans on hold for bit but she is good for my stepson. I have seen God working on his heart and that makes me and my hubby so happy.

Tammy Hadlee is darling praying for all they continue to heal and have time to rest.

Judy keeping patsy in prayer.

Just wanted to hop on here and say hello. It is a beautiful evening outside so going to head out to the porch.
love and blessings
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - May 08 2018 :  07:35:28 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies! I was hoping for a rainy day but it doesn't appear that we'll get any rain after all, which we really need. Had some sprinkles yesterday but didn't get enough to help. We're supposed to be cooling off for a couple days with temps in the high 50's.

Yesterday afternoon and evening I went out with Benny to hang out with him while he spread dry fertilizer. He even let me drive the tractor! Wow, it's a lot more difficult then it looks with having to raise and lower equipment while turning and working the gps at the same time. I definitely need a LOT of practice LOL. I even spotted a flat tire on the equipment he hadn't seen so I was proud of myself. He didn't believe me when I told him what I'd seen but he stopped to check and sure enough the tire was coming off the rim. I'd planned on coming back before nightfall but he wanted me to help reload the fertilizer so it would be ready this morning and that took a lot longer then expected and it was nearly 11 pm before I got back. He was even later because he had to take the work truck back to the farm and his boss was waiting with a beer for him to go over what he'd gotten done and to talk about a couple of issues like the AC quitting yesterday after it was supposedly repaired with 80+ degree weather. Benny had warned me it had quit again and I think he expected me to back out of going out with him but I changed into my tankini top and light capri pants before heading out - there were points where I really wished I'd worn my swimsuit bottoms so I could have stripped down to those as it was HOT in that tractor. There was a beautiful sunset I watched as we were loading the fertilizer. On one of our passes on the back of a field we saw 5 deer. Didn't get anything done in the house but it was a great way to spend a majority of my day off. We haven't had any alone time in a long time so it was nice to just be together and chat about nothing.

Patsy - Hadlee really should have been a C-section. Desiree broke her pelvic bone and had to have a huge episiotomy with her first pregnancy and Bella was just over 8 pounds. Part of the problem was she wasn't being seen for the pregnancy because it took the state nearly 3 months to approve her for Medicaid. She'd seen a doctor in Minot shortly after moving here that never did an ultrasound or a physical exam on her but refused to see her again until her Medicaid came through. Thankfully when it did she was able to get a doctor in Devil's Lake to take her even at that late stage but he was unable to get her records from WA state before she delivered. Due to Hadlee's shoulder getting stuck they think there may be nerve damage to her left shoulder, which they plan to do physical therapy for. She's using it now which is an improvement. I think she'll be find, it's more precautionary.

Tammy - You must be excited school is nearly out. I was surprised how early it gets out here, they'll be done the 18th of this month.

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Farmgirl of the Month November 2016
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Wolford, ND
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9242 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9242 Posts

Posted - May 08 2018 :  07:55:05 AM  Show Profile
PG Tammy, It sounds to me like you had a great day off. Seeing the deer and sunset to top it off!

Getting odds and ends things done around here today. It's our anniversary a JT gave me a big bouquet of roses this morning.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007
FGOTM~7/2013

Edited by - levisgrammy on May 08 2018 08:05:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - May 08 2018 :  12:16:08 PM  Show Profile
Happy anniversary, Denise! Beautiful roses!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page