Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2018 :  7:02:59 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Hi gals,

Yes, Peggy. Sounds like your hubby should have driven the van. Did it have a gas leak?

No snow here. Had some ice in the birdbath, but took that out. Like to keep my feathered friends happy with 2 bird feeders, suet blocks and water.

Going to rain all weekend here. My grand daughter is here for the weekend. She's a freshman in high school this year and finding it hard. We all have told her it gets easier in the next few years. So who knows what we will get into? Maybe make some brownies or something.

So, snuggle, stay warm and we will yak more later.

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2018 :  09:09:29 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies. Have a full day ahead of me after not sleeping well - brain is in overdrive with the move. Thankfully no snow in the forecast (at the moment lol). Listed the camper for sale and have lots of interest so hopefully someone comes and takes the girl although all the questions are driving me nuts. Benny offered to finish her for me but she wouldn't be a good fit for him and I - we'll need a toy hauler or motor home so we can pull a trailer with his toys lol so she needs to find a good home.

Had a job interview Monday. Vibe was off so I don't think I'll hear back from them. The admin. assistant was in on the interview and she'd lived in Wolford at one time so I asked if she knew Benny and after that she wouldn't make eye contact with me. I asked Benny about it but he didn't know her name but said he might know her if he saw her but had no idea why she would have acted that way. She changed her voice when I asked if she'd known his wife so I'm wondering if she's one of those people that thinks he should have done more when she was sick - you know how judgmental people can be. Had a call from another place but I'd have to work flex, part days and part nights and 12 hour shifts, plus it's only $11/hr so I'd be taking a $9/hr pay cut which is huge. I have an interview with them the 20th so I have time to consider. I was really hoping I'd hear something from one of the admin positions I applied for but nothing so far.

I was busy packing yesterday when I got a frantic call from my son that CPS was coming over in an hour to do a house check. I've tried to repeatedly warn him he needs to keep that place clean. She called him Monday night and wanted him to wake Jasper up at 10 pm to take pictures of him and let her talk to him and when he wouldn't do it she called the police and the police were at his door about 10:30. His place was a mess so he didn't let the cop in which resulted in the CPS visit. Maybe this will wake him up to keeping it clean. I was furious when I walked in and saw how bad it was. Unfortunately I don't have time to go over and force him to clean it up before I move. It's not acceptable to let a living space get that bad. His problem is he's lazy and wants to play video games instead of cleaning. More stress I don't need right now.

PeggyAnn - how awesome you got to spend time with your grandson!

Okay, I need to get moving. My day is going way to fast and I have to leave for work at 2.

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Farmgirl of the Month November 2016
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2018 :  09:21:08 AM  Show Profile
It's been quiet around here!

Peggy-glad you had some fun things happening.

Oh Tammy-I'm sorry your son is being pig-headed about the cleaning and sorry he is having to deal with CPS. I can't believe they were demanding he wake Jasper up for pics unless they thought there was some kind of immediate danger to him....that is just crazy, what child related professional wouldn't know you don't wake up a kid if you can help it??? I swear sometimes people just have no common sense. This isn't what Jasper needs with his mom already being nuts.

Well had a busy week but canceled some things so we didn't have to do much Wed-Fri. There was a Family Readiness Group meeting Friday night (that is the army's version of family support but it rarely works well) but I wasn't feeling great. I'm not "sick" but not 100% either, I think my body is fighting some bug. Anyway, I wasn't really planning to go anyway because it is a 30 minute drive to post each way and the meeting started at 5, they had a speaker from the tax office but I do my own taxes and wasn't really interested in that. Going would mean we wouldn't be home until probably 7, which means my kids' dinner would be super late and they would get in bed late so that just doesn't work for me. Plus I know how FRG things go and I don't have the energy to deal with the nonsense these days. Anyway, hubby's boss is not really happy with him that we weren't there so he is probably going to get scolded monday and has already been told he has to stay late so they can "discuss it" at 6pm....grrr isn't the whole idea of FRG to HELP families not to make their lives harder??? The army is really stupid sometimes (most of the time) I really want to go give his 1st SGT and Commander a piece of my mind...of course I won't.

I have a busy couple of days then the rest of the week should be pretty relaxed. I stayed home from church because I'm still not feeling great. Hubby took my youngest and my oldest because Sydney was scheduled to help in the nursery. So I'm laying in bed writing to y'all and am going to go start reading this Chocolate book for the Chocolate badge in a bit and generally just rest today if I can. Hopefully that's all I need. I have two OCC interviews tomorrow then we have tae kwan do and 4H so we will basically be out of the house all day. Then Tuesday afternoons are always busy for us.

I'm praying spring hurries up. It is so cold and our utility bills are insane. Hubby finally bought the plastic wrap stuff to put on the windows but still needs to put it on. Hopefully that helps for the next month or so. He also got a water heater blanket. We are just slowly doing what we can to improve the energy efficiency here. His dad and brother are coming in March or April and they are planning to replace several of the windows, replace the sliding doors in our bedroom, and put in floor and attic insulation. They may do other things too it depends on how long they are here and how much time they have. So hopefully all of those things help. There is so much work to be done on this house.

Hope you are all having a good weekend!!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com
*Journal Through The Bible*The Life Giving Home Study*Homemaker's Bookclub*

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2018 :  2:17:01 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

Judy & Patsy...I had NO CLUE it was out of gas when we picked it up from the Body Shop. The Gas Meter doesn't work in it. In fact the back of the drivers seat was
even broken and so I had to sit straight up keeping myself upright by holding onto the Steering Wheel as I drove. His van looks very nice from the Outside but is
a Disaster waiting to happen (actually has happened) on the inside. LOL Last time I drove it the seat was fine. As I left the Body Shop a friend of ours who worked on it was
giving my husband a laundry list of things that needed done on the Van. NOT My Monkey NOT My Problem...except I won't drive it ever again. LOL

Judy... First OFF HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! So sorry I totally forgot this year! You need to remind us OLD PEOPLE. LOL Hope it was a good one Sweet Girl!!!
I don't want your critters at my house. No bed bugs or dust mites please!!! I finally got rid of my Fruit Flies for good. I didn't know they were laying eggs in one of
my plants...until I got rid of it and WaLa...no more fruit flies. So, now I won't have any plants in the house...that cured me. LOL

Patsy...glad you got to spend time with your Grand-daughter. I love those times with my grand kids...no matter how OLD they get. Just sent out Family Valentine Cards yesterday.
Didn't get extra ones to send to my MJF Buds because I was too broke. That Trip to see my Mother did me in but good financially for this Month. Those extra things when you are on a fixed income are hard to add into your other payments etc. But the Good Lord will work it all out in the end...He never fails!

Prairie Tammy...The only person you need to worry about Who Likes Benny is YOU!!! Don't let other people's reactions bother you. If he is from a small Town where everyone knows everyone else and all their business...they usually thrive on the negative gossip. I've lived in several small towns and know how the locals Love Their Gossip. They are like
living in a Little Payton Place believe me. When I was in My late 20's My husband and I moved to a small town to open up a Barber/Stylist Shop. We lived in an Old Drafty House
because it was the only available place in town. We were on a Septic Tank too and I'm a City Girl...I don't know about those things...right? Anyway, I would flush my tampons
down the toilet and thought nothing of it until we had a Septic Tank problem and they local guy had to come dig it up and find out what was wrong. By the very first day it was all
over town The Barbers Wife was stupid because she didn't know better than to flush her tampons down the toilet. I was so stinking embarrassed I think I stayed in the house for
a month. And that was just a little example of the gossip. My 3 yr. old son at the time also took a piece of gum off the shelf at the Drug Store and I didn't see it in his hand until we walked out the door. I turned around and Marched him right back in there and made him return it and apologize to the Owner. The Owner yelled at my son so loudly and told him that IF he ever stole another thing from his store he would turn him in to the Town Cop and have him arrested! Woszie...a bit over-kill if you asked me!! I was more embarrassed by the Owners reaction than the penny candy my kid took. BUT I must say my kid never stole another thing from a store again. So, the whole town heard about my 3 yr old thief too.
Oh, the Life of Small Town Living!!! It can be a real eye-opener!!! We only lived there a year before we moved back to the City. And it was one long year at that!!! LOL

Praying for little Jasper...sure don't want him going back to his Mama.

Sabrina...Oh, I hope your hubby doesn't get in much trouble because ya'all didn't go to a meeting. I have never had experience with Military Rules and Regulations but some of the things I have heard from others...has had me scratching my head a few times...by their backward thinking. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

OK...girls I'm off as my Fibro is really flaring today. Had a rough night last night too. So, I'm out of here. May go snuggle back in bed and watch the Olympics or read.

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2018 :  3:28:37 PM  Show Profile
Sabrina, we use the window kits on our windows and it helps a little. This year Jay kept saying he would do them and they didn't get done. I put them up but didn't use the hair dryer so they didn't seal up like in past years but they are better than nothing.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2018 :  9:52:23 PM  Show Profile
Good news ladies - sold the camper this morning! So relieved I don't have to worry about having him tow it up as I was really not sure how road worthy she was.

Bad news is I may have the flu. Struck me about noon - felt really light headed like I might pass out and started feeling feverish. I keep sleeping in my chair but don't feel like I've rested. Not the week I need to get sick.

PeggyAnn - I know about small towns so I'm not concerned. I read people pretty well and my gut has been telling me Benny is a great guy with an awesome heart from the beginning and I'll listen to my gut. A town that gossips about someone putting tampons in the septic must be desperate for gossip LOL

Sabrina & Nora - I've used the window kits for years and really think they help. I noticed a huge difference after I put them up this year as the wind has been so bad it seemed to be coming in everywhere.

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2018 :  04:57:44 AM  Show Profile
Going to look at a two bedroom house on an acre today. I know Jay isn't going to go for it. It will be too small. We live in a five bedroom house now and we use the upstairs maybe twice a year. This would be a purchase not a rental like now. It's three doors down from his dad's, who will be 78 in March. I hope that will help with a decision. His dad was talking up buying a place last night at supper.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2018 :  12:22:32 PM  Show Profile
Nora...that sounds exciting!!! Maybe since it is close to his Dads Jay will get on board IF you like it. You just never know!!! I could move in a heart beat to a newer place
but as long as my hubby is alive that is NOT going to happen Unless someone was offering FREE RENT!! LOL

Prairie Tammy...I'm glad you have small town experience...under your belt or it could be a real shocker. BUT being out on a Farm makes it much easier than living right
in the town itself. I am SO SORRY YOU ARE SICK!!! NOT Good Timing for sure!!! Also, CONGRATS ON SELLING THE TRAILER!!!! That has got to be a relief!

Beautiful Sunny day her today but very cold! Have you guys been enjoying the Olympics at all??? I love watching it! My husband is sick off the Ice Skating already but
it is one of my Favorites. Snowboarding is my second favorite. I think I like to watch the men snowboarders best and that is tonight! The women are fine but the men get
more air it seems like...so more fun to watch.

Off to work on my Diamond Painting!!

Love, Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2018 :  12:58:42 PM  Show Profile
I really liked the house, but Jay isn't on board. I have to push him to talk to our landlord to see what their plans are for this place if something happens to them. It needs so much work and I can't see putting money out on somebody else property. If you find free rent, let me know.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2018 :  11:33:54 AM  Show Profile
Hi Gals! We have had 2 gorgeous sunny days... but it's been really cold here too... never goes past 30...BUT...that beats the (teens) any day, so no complaints. My sis is having lots of rain down there....and she's 'Solar' she says. I told her to come home. Our weather is better than theirs because we have snow, which she misses, a LOT less humidity, and MEMEME!!! I won't give up! I need my Sissy close... NOT hundreds of miles away!!!
OK...I'm done whining... for now! *giggle*
OMGOSH...Alexa just played" SISTERS" song from White Christmas! We sing that song all the time when we're together. (a sign? I think so) *giggle*

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."

Edited by - herblady55 on Feb 13 2018 11:37:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2018 :  1:24:59 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Happy Valentine's Day gals...

I'm gonna build an ark!

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2018 :  2:14:55 PM  Show Profile
hahahaha....Sissy, you are funny! If you aren't 'nesting' cause it's cold you are 'building arks' cause of rain. Hahaha Too much!
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY GAL-PALS!!!
We have rain too. It started this afternoon around 4.
Dave called me to tell me Happy Valentines Day and told me he had bad news. I didn't know what to think. Luckily he didn't make me wait long. He hit a Big deer at 55mph on his way to work this morning. He didn't even have time to brake for it. Said he didn't even see it until it was on his grill. Messed up grill and radiator, won't know what else till they look at it. Man, I was just sick to my stomach all day knowing he could have rolled that jeep. He got taken to work and said he feels fine. I think he may have a different story tomorrow when he wakes up. Pray he's ok. I Pray every morning when I hear him leave for work for the Lord to watch over him and give him traveling mercies. I usually ask for God to protect him from critters, big & small. I forgot that part today. *ooops* Who knows how bad it could have been though if I forgot to Pray completely! AMEN??
Hope your Valentine stories aren't as dramatic as mine!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2018 :  3:36:08 PM  Show Profile
Had a beautiful day here today. Went to a retirement/disability lunch for a woman I worked with (she had lung cancer and her feet are so bad that she can't stand on them long). Came back to the house and sat outside and read as Duke ran around. Can't wait for spring. Hope your Valentine Day was grand.

My granddaughter called last night to thank me for her card and money. She's in 5th grade. They were having a dance today and a little boy asked her. Soo cute. I asked if they were having a party for Valentine Day, she asked me how I knew about that. I told her they even had Valentine Day parties when I went to school. She was blown away.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2018 :  01:48:15 AM  Show Profile
Judy...I am so glad Dave is alright! And even gladder that you pray for him every morning. Hope his Jeep isn't too damaged. Wowsie!! This was a Valentine's Day for
the record Books! That school shooting in Florida was so Horrific. I have been praying for all the Parents of the 17 Dead Kids and all their siblings and Grandparents
and the 14 injured and all their families. I have just been praying all afternoon and evening. Heart and gut wrenching.

Patsy...I could have used your ark today...really rained hard here. And there was snow all around us...but we didn't get any here. They are saying possible
snow here Sunday and Monday. Our Spring Flowers and Shrubs are blooming here...they are going to get so confused!!! Crazy Weather!!!

Nora...Well, maybe Jay will still get on board. Reality may force him to so don't lose hope!!!

My Valentines Day was spent in the Gastro Dr.'s Office having a Consult for a Colonoscopy next month! Not very Romantic let me just say!! And I'm having it on
my youngest sons birthday. Memorable for sure. I hate having this procedure done and when I went in today my blood pressure was 130 over 80 and it is usually
120 over 70. They made a comment about it being high for me...and I said, "yes, probably because I hate this Procedure" and they just laughed. Not Funny...thank you
very much!!

Hope the rest of you Ladies who are MIA had a Nicer Valentine's Day! I think my Son Pat is coming down with the Flu again! He went to bed...but turned up the Heat and
said he was freezing. It wasn't cold in here...so, that was my first clue. LOL

Having a Great Thursday. Do Something FUN!!!

Love and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2018 :  1:15:33 PM  Show Profile
Hi again! Well.... the mechanic called today and said the damage to the jeep was minimal. The grill, radiator, fan(because radiator was shoved thru it) and a few small things. If he can get the parts and get it together with no other problems, Dave can pick it up Saturday. WOW! And YAAAAA! He won't have to drive my car to work Monday. Big Dave/little beetle... it ain't pretty! Help me Pray that it goes that way.
We are having rain and 60's. My neighbor and I got a loooong walk in before it started. Felt like spring. We saw a wooly-worm that was lots of black in the front, lots of orange in the middle and a skinny band of black on it's butt. She said, "Hey, that means winter is almost over, the last part won't be as cold and snowy as the first." Ok.... I sure hope she's right!
Spring... it's out there girlies! *giggle*

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2018 :  12:04:49 PM  Show Profile
Judy...so glad to hear that the Jeep had minimal damage! And yes, I know Dave can get his big man body in your VW Bug...but if you are like me...I don't like
the mess men in leave in their cars/our cars. My husband bought himself a new car last Summer then still continues to drive mine. HUH??? Every time I get in my
car I have to clean out his left over drink cups, kleenex and what have you before I will even drive my car. I noticed last night before I went to Bible Study
that he has spilled chocolate milk down my console...so I need to go wash that all off. Men can be so Neanderthal!!! Most Men anyway! I know there are some
OCD Neat Freaks out there too...I have just never had one in my life! LOL Except for my Daddy...he was just very neat and tidy but NOT OCD about it. LOL

OK...it is raining here and my Fibro is flaring. No walk for me today. But I am going over to play with my Grandkids tonight so they will give me lots of exercise.
When I just now typed exercise Google must have thought I needed some because a picture of a gray haired lady just popped up on my screen. LOL That was just to funny!
My DIL Sadie is turning 31 tomorrow and so she is having a Friends Birthday Party tonight (that is why I get to go play with the kids) and then tomorrow is Our Family
Party for her at The Old Spaghetti Factory. It will be a full weekend but FUN!

Have a good one girls!

Patsy...do you have that ARK done yet? There is a line of people who want to borrow it or at least join you in it! Bahahaha

Big Squishies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2018 :  6:12:27 PM  Show Profile
hello ladies,
I am finally walking in the living again...slowly but walking. I have been out all week with influenza B. I missed the whole week of school and the nasty cough still is hanging around. I am so tired of it. Went to my classroom and cried. I have never seen such a mess. I will be talking to my prinicipal about. So spent the day getting it in order and trying to figure out what was done and oh did I have naughty butterflies. I may not be full strength but come Monday they are going to know who is in charge and it is not them.

Beautiful weather here for a day or two and then yucky weather again. I am so ready for spring.
I watched touched by an angel this week and decided I must buy all of Monica's hats. They were so darn cute. That is what happens when you spend a week on the couch. lol!!!

well just wanted to check in and see how yall were. Happy belated Valentine's Day
love and blessings,
TAmmy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2018 :  7:16:08 PM  Show Profile
Ok...Dave didn't get his jeep back today but tomorrow looks good. PLUS, his sister told him she'd take him to go get it in her pick-up truck... a MUCH better fit for Dave to ride in comfort. Peg, you are so right about messy men. I even put a litter bag in his and it catches very little trash. Most of it is on the floor on his side. I guess we just unwrap whatever we eat and drop the wrapper. You could feed a family of mice for a year from all the crumbs, console grunge, and even back floor goodies. I cringe and grit my teeth every time I get in his jeep. I told him that it is the family car... he needs to look after it better. He only cleans it when he knows Patsy is coming for a visit. After all, he will have 2 Princesses to haul around while she's here. Ya... she NEVER sees the mess that I put up with!
The Old Spaghetti Factory??? *ewwww* Who wants old spaghetti? I want mine fresh thank you... and Al-dente!!
TLTammy, I'm picturing it now... you chasing butterflies all around the room Monday, Raid in one hand, fly swatter in the other!!!
(stopping occasionally to catch your breath and puff on your inhaler)... of course! Hahaha
So sorry to hear that you were suffering with influenza...~yikes~...When you get sick, you really get sick, don't you? Poor thing!
Monica did wear some amazing hats in that show, didn't she. I'd forgotten. Thanks for the reminder. I may have to go look up that show again. I wonder if it's on Netflix or Amazon Prime? Hmmm...
We are having more snow. It started around 4 PM with the fine stuff and is now snowing big fluffy feathers at 10. Not suppose to accumulate much though. It sure is pretty to watch.
Well girlies, gonna go watch some TV.
Have a great evening!
Ta-Ta!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Feb 17 2018 7:20:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2018 :  07:12:42 AM  Show Profile
Survived the move! LOL It took over 5 hours to load everything. Now to figure out where to put it. Good thing we did the move yesterday because it's snowing and hazy today. Glad to be able to be home and be able to stay inside for the day. I need to go back and clean it and pack up the fridge to bring back and get the stuff out of the shed that we forgot (oops lol)

Judy - Glad your husband is safe. Taking out a deer is always a concern around here.

Lenora - sorry Jay isn't on board for the house.

BTammy - sorry you had such a rough batch of the flu. I had it but fortunately it only lasted 3 days. Still fighting fatigue.

For my cozy mystery lovers - I finished a book you might like called Missing Milt by Hope Callaghan. It's a free read with Kindle Unlimited. It's part of her Garden Girls Cozy Mystery series. It's also a Christian series.

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2018 :  12:26:59 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

It has been a busy weekend and My Fibro is Flaring and I had a rough night. My Bed looked like it too when I woke up. It looked like there had been a war fought
and lost in my room. LOL

Prairie Tammy...I'm so glad for you that you are almost moved (shed and fridge still to go). By the time you read this you have probably already been back for
that last little bit. Thanks for the tip on the Cozy Read! I will check it out later.

Teacher Tammy...Thanks to Judy I have a very vivid and funny picture in my mind of how your Monday will go. I would cry to if my room was trashed by students while
I was gone. The Sub should have cleaned it up however. Just think about Judy's funny comment and you won't be able to stay upset. LOL

Judy...The OLD Spaghetti Factory was delish...No OLD Pasta there! LOL I haven't had Lasagna forever so I had some there. It was Heaven! I brought some of it home to
enjoy today. I only eat half of any meal I eat out...as the servings are always so big. Plus I feel like I get two good meals for the price of one. Haha!

Sadie had a nice birthday. She went out with Hubby and Friends on Friday Night and then the Family Dinner yesterday. At her Friends Party they all went out to dinner
and then they all went to an Escape House. Where you have one hour to figure out how to escape a room that you are locked into. If you don't figure it out with their
clues...then they open the room and show you where you went wrong. They had fun doing it!! Big Cities have all kinds of ways to "Entertain YOU" LOL

Well, I am looking out at Big Snow Flurry right now. They said we may get 3 inches today and some more tomorrow...but it won't last so I can enjoy it...because our worst snow
storms only last a week or two at the very most. That is why I love living in this area of the Country.

Off to do my Bible Study Lesson.

Love and Big Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2018 :  12:29:44 PM  Show Profile
Judy you are hilarious....that will be me tomorrow getting the little butterflies back into order one swat at a time lol...oh what a hilarious picture just what I needed. We are to get nasty weather this evening...freezing rain..wind...snow....I am so ready for spring.

I sure hope yall are having a nice sunday. I am off to read a book and rest. I am going to need my big wings on tomorrow lol

love and blessings
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2018 :  2:13:35 PM  Show Profile
Tammy-good luck getting your butterflies and room back in order. I know when things throw my kids off (visitors, crazy weeks etc) it takes FOREVER to get them back on track so I can only imagine a room full of butterflies (actually I have been there but with preschool age kids).

This week was SOOOO busy!! I'm learning that evening activities are just really hard for my family right now. My husband and I are debating taking a break from several of the kids activities for a month or so to focus on routines at home, chores, and behavior. It just seems like a busy day or two throws everything into chaos right now because they don't have the best habits to start with.

I had two interviews for OCC and am happy to say both of those ladies are joining the team. It will be awesome to have them and will help ease my load a bit. I also talked to another lady about hosting an exchange student and that looks like it will go through so it was busy but productive.

Yesterday the girls had a twirling competition, they both did well in their events. Sofia (the 8yo) beat Sydney (the 12 yo) in one event and Sydney was less than thrilled about that. They rarely compete against each other but sometimes there just aren't enough girls entered in something to justify two separate groups (or it means someone will not have anyone else in the category). Next competition is march 10.

I was just checking into MJF to update some swaps I received and wanted to pop in here and say HI! I think this coming week is slightly less busy but may also be a lot of recovery and getting the kids back on track so we will see. Hubby is off tomorrow and I'm hoping to get some things knocked off my to-do list before he goes back to work so I can focus more on the kids the rest of the week.

Oh he didn't get in too much trouble at work, nobody went to the meeting and the feedback from the leadership who didn't attend was the same (bad timing, not a good topic, not enough communication about it etc).

Hope you all have a good week, with any luck I'll check back in sooner than a week LOL.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com
*Journal Through The Bible*The Life Giving Home Study*Homemaker's Bookclub*

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2018 :  5:25:32 PM  Show Profile
Yall I am going to need a much bigger fly swatter...good gracious me...my little butterflies think they run the show. They found out today the queen butterfly means what she says..her way not theirs....lol ONe little boy said you know you probably won't want to leave us again...look what happened I was like well I am hoping to not be gone for a week for a very long time...so glad to know I was missed ....well he says I guess the fun stops I said no but within reason we do have some serious learning to do...oh my gosh...they are stinkers...we need spring so their little wings can get outside and fly off some energy.

Ok I also read the first harry potter book as one of my students wanted me to...yall I was not impressed...not my cup of tea therefore not reading the rest of the series...my little girl said well we can agree to have a difference of opinion and I am ok with that...me too lol did I say today was hilarious

ok I must go grade some papers and watch some Olympics ...not sure how much grading will get done I get so drawn in...I imagine myself doing some of those fine sports and then giggle there is a reason why I only watch...lol

ok truly off now
love to you all
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17024 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17024 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2018 :  08:16:16 AM  Show Profile
No porch sitting today for this farmgirl or my pup...

we are at -6 right now... I see some more sewing in my future,,, and continue to peruse through gardening mags... lol!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2018 :  10:29:45 AM  Show Profile
Poor puppy. Did you have to force her to go out or does she like it? Duke would love it for a minute at a time.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page