Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2010 :  5:12:23 PM  Show Profile
PeggyAnn, we've had so much rain too and more on the way! Eeewww, can't stand the slugs and I'm not squeemish generally speaking! Okay, the fresh fruit pizza is ready and I made a pitcher of iced herbal tea, so I'm heading to the porch soon!! Hope you can all join us.........I made plenty of pizza!! Hugs and Smiles, Lin

"Our beautiful earth is worth saving"!!
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2010 :  6:50:10 PM  Show Profile
evening ladies
its been awhile getting my MIL situated at my SILs home
so now i have plenty of time to spend with my
favorite farmgirls..i love pizza lin
blessing deborah

http://jerseyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2010 :  8:14:42 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Hi everyone. Please pray for my DD she is having her 4th C-Section @ 730 tomorrow morning and she is really fearful this time. 3rd son, Tristen. Her poor legs and feet are so swollen but her blood pressure is fine. I,m an old Operating Room nurse and of course I know more than I want to think about @ this time. I have my 18 month old GD so pray my old back holds up! LOL! Thanks in advance for all your prayers. I,m sneaking away to the porch for awhile to chill out and feel your love. Darlene
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2010 :  8:20:31 PM  Show Profile
Well. I finally found my way back. I went out on tuesday to pick peas and a storm rolled in. My DH and I picked in the rain. Then pulled beets. Then radishes. Then lettuce. And when we got back to the house there was no power. We cleaned all the veges in the rain, bagged them for the farmers market in the dark, and talked till 2 am waiting for the power to come back on. Then we put the granola in the oven on it's lowest setting and took a 3 hour nap. Then it was back up to clean the coolers and pack everything to take to the market. We had a pretty good day there and then ate a cheaters dinner (marie calanders) while watching tv and totaling vegeing out. Now my DH is out for a ride on his motorcycle and I'm waiting for my baby to fall asleep deep enough I can go in and get the bed ready for sleeping in. With the power out three times in the last week, the house is a disaster, so I guess it's cleaning and berry pickin tomorrow. Maybe a little weeding if there's time for it. Oh yeah, the storm had us hidin under the trees by the garden for the fifteen minutes it was really bad, and we realized that we were hiding under plum trees! I didn't know it, but we have 4 plum trees! Yea!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2010 :  10:20:07 PM  Show Profile
So happy you're joining us, Deborah!! I made extra fruit pizzas so dig in! Darlene, sending many prayers for your daughter! It's always scary, but know she'll be just fine! And a new baby to hug and snuggle and love!! How fun! Glad you're joining us too....sounds like you can use a break!! Angela, you've been so busy! Maybe you'll be done with the storms with awhile. Happy Farmers Market was good and how funny about the discovery of plum trees!!! Wow....love plums! We're expecting more storms tonight and tomorrow. We need sunshine, not rain!! It's so wet here, things aren't growing. Well, a nice sit on the porch and seeing all you will help!! Hugs, Lin

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2010 :  10:43:40 PM  Show Profile
Hi farmgirl friends! I was babysitting all day today, and didn't get a chance to post. Lin, I would love some of your fruit pizza! Sounds so yummy! It finally stopped raining today, but it was nice and hot. Lin, I hope some our Wisconsin sunshine comes down to you in Iowa!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2010 :  11:07:43 PM  Show Profile
There's plenty of fruit pizza....so happy you're joining the "pizza party", Megan!! I hope we get some of your sunshine too!! We could sure use it!! I'll let you know.....Hugs and Smiles, Lin

Go to Top of Page

Lida
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2010 :  04:41:04 AM  Show Profile
Yumm... fruit pizza! Even as a leftover for breakfast it is tasty!

Darlene- prayers for your daughter and newest grandson! Details on him yet?

Channah- how was the fishing trip? My DS loves to fish. He is joining the navy and I tease him that he is only joining so he can fish off of the deck of a destroyer.

I made it to Toronto to the airport with no problems Tuesday evening. We left the airport at 11:30 p.m. and headed back to the states. However, I missed a turn and we went an hour in the wrong direction before I realized it. We were a lot closer to Detroit than to Rocheter by the time I turned around. We finally got home at 5:30 Wednesday morning. I slept for 2 hours and then went to an all day ministry conference. When I got home last night I skipped the porch entriely and went righ to bed. I was asleep before 6 p.m.

Off to work for the day, then hope to go to a pick-your-own-strawberry-farm to get more berries to make more jam.

Carpe diem!

Lida
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2010 :  09:05:26 AM  Show Profile
Well yall, we have had so much rain and now we are experiencing flooding from all the local rivers. The highest they have been for several years. All the roads are pretty much closed so I guess my errands will have to wait. So I am joing yall here. Hope you are all having a great day.

hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2010 :  09:28:32 AM  Show Profile
Hoping the rains stop soon, Tammy! We in Iowa are terribly wet too with more on the way for the next 5 days! Sounds like we're going to have to swim to the porch!!!! I'll bring warm apple muffins and some Berry juices!

Oh Lida, that trip home sounded awful....so glad that's behind you and you're getting rested!! Jam sounds delicious!!! Hugs and Smiles, Lin

Go to Top of Page

Mama Jewel
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Jewel
Sweet Peas Farmette, Bend, OR
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2010 :  09:50:34 AM  Show Profile
Hi Darlene --how's your daughter doing? Praying all went well.

Happy belated b-day, Pam!

How was your fishing trip, Han? :-)

We've got sunshine today. Going to go check on the tomato plants that I finally put in the ground, but we had a cold snap & rain, so I don't know how they're looking. Got some housework & sewing to do today. Then I need to figure out some dessert to make for my SIL when she comes over tonight. We just had rhubarb pie, so need to figure something out. Passing some glasses of lemonade w/mint your way :-)

Love...always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 1 Cor 13:7
Farm Girl Sister #1683 Living Simply & Naturally
http://www.piecemama.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2010 :  09:55:38 AM  Show Profile
Hi Porchies...

Tami...try doing Google Search on various Deer Island Info. If you don't find much...
I would be happy to run copies of my info and send it to your home address. For me it
all started with a Fiction Book and it had just enough true stuff in it to be scary and
peek my curiosity. And my husband was doing the Lyme Disease research at the same time
and we began crossing paths in our research where Deer Island was concerned. Kind of creepy
what our Government doesn't want us to know.

Lida...what a miserables trip girl! And then to have to go to an all day conference...well,
you just snuggle up on the porch swing and I will get you a pillow and a quilt and you just
take it easy girl. You deserve it.

Lin...hold those apple muffins up high so they don't get wet! I've seen pictures on the news
about all the horrible flooding in your part of the Country. Praying for you all!

Darlene...I am also praying for your daughter...but oh, a new grand-baby to smell and snuggle with
sounds like heaven. I want my oldest son & his wife to make me another one of those little darlens.

Channah...are you back from your fishing trip yet????

Ok, girls I am bringing hot and iced Strawberry Mango Tea to the porch this morning.

Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2010 :  10:16:06 AM  Show Profile
For sure Peggy, I was thinking a glass container with a lid to transport the muffins! Water-logged muffins really wouldn't be very good!! Strawberry Mango tea sounds soooo refreshing!! Thanks for prayers!! It's definitely creepy about the Deer Island/Lyme Disease stuff. I don't get it.........but that's silly to say, because there's a whole lot of things the gov't doesn't want us to know!!! Such craziness!! Looking forward to some time on the porch with all of you!! Hugs and Smiles, Lin

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2010 :  11:12:33 AM  Show Profile
Lida, that sounds terrible! My Mom did that once, too. We were driving to Detroit, and all the construction in Chicago got us very confused. Well, she ended up turning onto the wrong part of the highway, and after driving for about an hour, we realized that we were not on our way to Detroit! We were in Beecher, Illinois, where accents are thick and people are few! Lin, the sunshine is shining high, and I hope it comes your way soon!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2010 :  04:38:04 AM  Show Profile
I thought I'd bring some towels for you girls that are fighting the flooding rains and had to swim to the porch!!! I just cleaned out my linen closet, it was one of my things on my to do list!
I brought some sunshine with me also! Goodness, we've had some hot weather! I couldn't even drive my car yesterday, I had to wrap a t-shirt around the steering wheel...it was so hot! I guess we have a couple more days and then it's supposed to cool down a hare!or is that hair?
We've had the heat index over 100' up to 112' all week!

Living for today! aka: Paper Rose
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2010 :  09:37:00 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Hello Everyone! I am back and this is how the trip went.

Well I'm back. Very green, tired, and just plain sick.
We left at 2:15 a.m. Drove all the way to Westport ( 2 and a half hour drive). Got to Westport and meet up with my uncle and 3 of his friends. Ate a very small breakfast at 4:30 and had to quickly jump on the boat at 5:30.
Everything started out great. We went over the bar ( thats the ruffist part of the ocean) and I was doing fine. I was out side on the charter boat and was having so much fun. After 5 minutes being on that boat my sister and brother were already sea sick right by me. I felt so sorry for them.
Anyway, we went out a ways and the captain stoped the boat and we began to fish. I got out their and put my pool in the water and all the sudden I really had to go to the bathroom. I told dad to take my pool and I quickly went to the bathroom. I went in their and after getting hit in the head a few times ( there is nothing to hold on to in the bathroom and the ship is constantly going back and forth, up and down) I threw up all over the floor. So I cleaned that up and then it was down hill from their. From 6:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. I was throwing up none stop and after I had nothing else in my stomach I had dry heaves. My 2 brothers, dad, and sister were all throwing up with me while everyone else on the boat was fishing and having a great time. One of my brothers did not move from the side of the bar for 6 hours and then we finally told him when we were coming in that he needed to stand up or his back would be killing him. My sister and other brother tried to sleep and after sleeping for a few minutes would wake up and you know what. We were all a shade of lime green. We were all feeling much better when the boat would move to anyother point but, man when that boat stoped and started rocking from side to side thats when it would hit us.
We didn't catch any fish that we could keep but when were we getting of the boat our uncle gave us one of his 3 that he caught.

When we finally got home at 7:15 p.m. were we are feeling bad and went to bed. I couldn't even do my goats because it looked like the goat shed, inside of the house, was moving from side to side like the boat. Mom said I was still really green then.
We all found out real fast that none of us have sea legs. lol It was really ruff water and everyone on deck was getting slamed from one side to the other. It was a pretty intresting trip.

This morning I am feeling a little bit better but still feel sea sick.
I have a feeling that none of us are going fishing any time soon.
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

MarionCountryGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Marla
Hemet Ca
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2010 :  2:36:07 PM  Show Profile
Oh Channah I am so sorry that the trip went so bad. If you ever have to to go on a boat again try some ginger tablets first. Right now that is most likely the last thing on your mind. I will fix you a nice cup of tea for your tummy. Maybe some nice chicken soap? Just curl up in a chair here and look and the trees and the flowers. Oh and maybe bypass the rockers for now. You will feel better in no time.

Every Day is a gift from God, Rejoice and be glad in it.
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2010 :  3:20:58 PM  Show Profile
Channah, I've done that before too, but didn't throw up. I was just nauseous the whole trip and the bar was flat and smooth, just the rocking back and forth. I found the best way to keep things quiet was to sit in the sun and close my eyes. I did that after catching my limit--woohoo!

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2010 :  3:36:34 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you so much Marla and Betty!!
When we went over the bar it was really rough but I didn't get sick then. It was just everytime we stopped that I would hurl non stop. My stomach muscles should be in great shape now. lol It doesn't help when people are eating in front of you and you smell fresh dead fish all around you. Oh, well. I did have fun going out and coming back in. lol
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2010 :  7:07:50 PM  Show Profile
Boy, you really do miss alot when you're gone for a short spell! Darlene, I hope your family is well. LEt us know when you can how the c-section went.
Channah, I can relate to the seasickness, I get really green in rough water too! I'm sorry it didn't go very well
Can't wait for another porch sleep-over. Maybe next time I won't fall asleep 10 minutes into it
Dana

farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert

Edited by - Rxgirl on Jun 18 2010 7:08:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2010 :  7:51:54 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Hi and a very heartfelt thank you for all the prayers. The C-Section was very difficult this time. The Doctors had a hard time getting him out the way he was positioned. They had to use a suction device to help extract him and 2 Doctor's were pushing on Kellie's stomach and he finally arrived! Trystan weighed 9lbs 8ozs and is 21in long. Mommy is doing fine and he is breastfeeding without any problems. God is good all of the time not just some time! I went to see them today and helped Kellie shower and brought her some new Coconut shower gel, lotion and perfume from the Bath and Body store. She loves it because it smells like your at the beach! Everyone that came in her room kept saying how great it smelled in there. I'm sorry I didn't get me some! Left hubby with GD because I'm fanatical when it comes to hospitals and little ones. Knowing too much makes you that way!
Channah-ginger will help settle your stomach if you're still sick. I feel for you that is the worst. It happened to my hubby too and needless to say it was his first and last trip!
I'm popping over to the porch to drop off some bread puddng I made this morning along with a frittata. I'm going to tell you the recipe for the pudding because it is so good.
Crock Pot Bread Pudding
8 slices of bread-buttered and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar
6 eggs
1/2c sugar
3c milk
2tsp vanilla
Butter crockpot. Cut bread in large cubes and place in crockpot. Mix eggs and sugar. Add milk and vanilla and mix. Pour over bread. Push bread down to cover. Sprinkle top with more cinnamon sugar. You can add raisins if you like.
Turn on low and cook about 2 hours or until set. Enjoy! Darlene
Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2010 :  9:09:26 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the towels, Monica!!! You're so funny!! We have another week of rain and thunderstorms coming, but we did get to see the sun you brought today and a little more in the morning!!! Yeh!! Thank you for sending it!! I don't envy you the scorching heat....zaps a person's energy!! We had 90s today and high humidty and thought we were going to die!! The porch sounds wonderful this evening!!

Channah, I chatted with you a bit today, and I so hope you're beginning to feel better. The ginger is such a good suggestion from the other gals....I hadn't even thought of that! I hope you get your appetite back soon because it sounds like there will be great food at the porch! I bought some fresh Kiwi today, so am going to slice those, along with peaches and also include some cinnamon bread.

Dana, I think we need to have another porch sleep over too!! How about tomorrow night, girls!! I hope there will be lots of stars and maybe the bats will be flying to keep the mosquitoe population down!!!

Darlene, congratulations on your new grandson!!! So happy he's here and that mom is doing well too! Thanks you so much for your bread pudding recipe!!! I'm making it this weekend....I love bread pudding and your frittata will taste delicious!!!

Everybody up for another sleepover???? Hugs and Smiles, Lin

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2010 :  9:35:11 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you all so much! Maybe tomorrow I will feel better. Lin, that kiwi and peaches sound really good!

Darlene, thank you so much! Congratulations on the new greandson! What a blessing!

Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2010 :  10:40:40 PM  Show Profile
102 pages! Boy I have been away longer than I thought!! I have been so swamped lately. Starting a new business, and my daughter's wedding got moved up 2 months, from sept. 18 to july 24th! We have been busy. Her fiance' goes to a new duty station next month. In getting all the paperwork ready to go...long story short...his sponsor told him it would be a lot easier with paperwork and such if he showed up to the new base, already married. So...the wedding is coming up soon. Showers, appointments...Oi! For my new business, I have lots of computer stuff, getting things set up, lots of trips to Staples...anyway, I hope to get back into the swing of things here on the forum. I have missed the front porch!

I wear my cap around my waist.

http://www.iglitteredthecat.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2010 :  12:44:57 AM  Show Profile
Channah...you poor darling and here I teased you about not foisting "Fish Tales" on us
when you got back from your trip. "Hurling Tales" are far worse. Throwing up for hours
does not sound like fun or an experience I would want to repeat. Your entire Family sounds
like...next time they want fish (which I am sure will be years from now) they should buy
it at the Grocery Store or Fish Market. How nice of your Uncle to give you one of his 3
fish. I can pretty safely guess that you didn't come home and have Mom fix that for dinner.
I have never gone Deep-Sea Fishing and you have now convinced me that I will not be putting
it on MY BUCKET LIST. LOL

Darlene...congratulations Grandma! Wow...what a big baby! No wonder the girl had trouble
delivering that little (big one). Mercy me Tryston is already the size of a 3 month old!
I see Football Player in his future???? Thank you also for the Fabulous Crock-Pot Bread
Pudding Recipe. There goes my 50 lbs lost. ;+) I do have to try that recipe, I don't care
if I have to starve for the whole day that I make it.

We had a half of day of Sunshine today (thank you Monica for sharing)...and then back came
the rain. And the slugs tonight. BUT I am trying the crushed egg shells to see if they will
indeed keep those varmints from eating all my flowers.

Another Slumber Party on the Porch sounds like fun! I love Stary Stary Nights and good
friends!

Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page