Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2017 :  5:27:58 PM  Show Profile
Well Peggy, be extra proud of me today....I went ahead and canceled the last few classes that were scheduled. After seeing how much better things already were in my house with me not working in the morning I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I struggled with this decision until those cancellations were in place but now I feel GREAT about it! I'm hoping now I can pop into the porch more and maybe even get involved in some swaps and such again once hubby is home. I feel like things are already coming back into balance. :)

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2017 :  6:17:38 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies,
Madame Butterfly checking to make sure yall are behaving...hehehehe It has been a beautiful week here of fall weather and I just love it. I never can put in words how the colors just take my breath away

School is keeping me busy but I am loving my butterflies. I clipped some wings today apparently wrestling on the floor seemed like a good thing to do until teacher got in the middle. Then they were wishing they hadn't done that lol Let us just say they were glad only a phone call went to their moms.

Looking forward to the weekend. HUbby and I are going to Junkstock which is a big flea antique outdoor market. Loved to shop eat and enjoy the day.

well just wanted to fly in for a minute. So glad I didn't have to use my teacher voice with yall.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2017 :  10:00:09 AM  Show Profile
Shannon - don't feel bad, I've been MIA for months too. It's awesome to be back. Congrats on passing your gestational diabetes test. I hated those, that drink made me absolutely nauseous to the point I wasn't sure I wouldn't throw it up (shuddering at the memory).

Nora - Did you get a new puppy? What type? How old? You know I'm a huge dog and puppy lover LOL

PeggyAnn - I met him online. During harvest season farmers don't have a social life LOL We finally met the weekend I went up to Lake Metigoshe for the women's weekend retreat since it was close to him (an hour away) and it rained them out of the fields. We'd scheduled a date for Sunday afternoon but he surprised me and came up Friday night and again Saturday evening as well as for our scheduled date on Sunday. The following weekend it rained again so he came down here. Then last weekend my trip up there so we're making it work and it appears things are lining up for us to be able to be together.

If you date a farmer you either go out in the tractor or pray for rain LOL. Spending that many hours with someone you barely know could have been nightmarish to say the least so I'm taking it as a good sign it did go so well. If I hadn't taken on a petsitting job for the next two weekends I'd be back up there again with him in the tractor. I should be able to go back up in 2 weeks. I thought I did a good job proving I was a True Blue Farmgirl at heart :O) Apparently I've impressed him enough that last night he asked if I wanted to go on their annual snowmobile trip to Montana in January with them.

He's a widower, wife died in 2014 from cancer, and he has a 25 yo son (same age as Jordon). LOVES kids. Jasper adores him and Lacey loves the farm so he's been approved by the important ones LOL Even Jordon after seeing him with Jasper made a comment about what a change it was.

Sabrina - Bummer about the harvest. Kudos for deciding to lighten the workload for yourself though.

Judy - we're having light frosts here. No hard frost yet but we've had snow already in the northwestern part of the state. Looks to be an early winter and possibly a snowy one. The farmers are commenting on what a weird fall it has been already. I spoke with my vet the other day and she said it's been a weird fall, said lots of animals passing like they know it's going to be a harsh winter and they won't make it.

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Farmgirl of the Month November 2016
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Prairie Critter Pet Sitter
"Pampered care for your pet"
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2017 :  10:10:19 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, Duke is 4 months old now. His mom was a mini pincher and his dad was a Jack Russell, so I don't know if he considered a dog or just a nerve end, lol.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2017 :  09:41:04 AM  Show Profile
Nora - the puppy is too cute! I had a jack russell - poodle mix (my beloved Oreo). Awesome dog.

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

Brosia
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

Ambrosia
Massillon Ohio
USA
30 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2017 :  9:15:52 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies! I hope you don't mind me dropping in. I'm new here, and don't really know anyone yet. This seems like the place to be if you're looking to to talk, and boy am I ever. I'm fortunate enough to be a stay-at-home mom, and I truly love it. The only downside is that neither my toddler nor my chickens are great conversationalists, and some days I feel like I'm forgetting how to speak with other adults. You all seem like a lively bunch, and I'd love to get to know you.
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2017 :  12:34:11 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ambrosia! Welcome to the porch!! I was just popping in to say hi!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2017 :  5:14:15 PM  Show Profile
Ambrosia, come on and pull up a chair. We love new people.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2017 :  2:23:13 PM  Show Profile
Hey all :) Been a busy weekend here, trying to get ready for the freezing temps we expect almost every night from now on! We finished harvesting the produce out of the garden, except my herbs... hoping to get to those tomorrow! I received my garlic, but it probably won't get planted until Wednesday. tomorrow I have another OB appointment. Kinda worried about it, in that I know the OB and I are going to butt heads about my iron. I tried increasing my iron intake, which resulted in more intestinal bleeding. Need to figure something else out! I'm drinking more nettle infusions, but I need to find a balance!

Peggy - I agree about violent spouses and praising God for wonderful spouses and fathers! I've been very blessed in that i have married an amazing man <3 We celebrated our 15.5 year anniversary the other day. We got married twice... once on April 5th 2002, and again 6 months later on October 5th 2002. Basically, we did not have the "Catholic blessing" for the first wedding, so hubby's family refused to acknowledge it! So we celebrate every six months ;) Anyways, mu hubby is a true gem! I love him to pieces! When he gets to work, he sends me a voice text each morning, calling me beautiful and telling me he loves me <3 I am extremely blessed!!!

TLTammy - I'm trying to imagine the children's faces and cannot help but giggle! So glad you are enjoying your butterflies... and hopefully there parents as well!

PGTammy - YES!!!!! I am so stinking nauseous after those GD drinks!!! I was worried this time, as I get told with every pregnancy that I'm "old" and that your chances go up with each pregnancy. So far, though, I haven't had it. So glad you had fun at the farm :)

Nora - what a sweet puppy! I'm such a sucker for animals :)

Ambrosia - welcome to the porch! We are so glad you are coming to visit! We get a little chat, but it seems to come in spurts! I too am fortunate enough to be a SAHM, but my kids vary in ages... 14, 11, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, and one scheduled to be delivered via section on November 17th.

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2017 :  6:41:57 PM  Show Profile
Ambrosia...WELCOME TO THE PORCH...and YES this is the place to come if you need some adult conversation!!! Though sometimes we act like young girls with fits of
giggles and laughter...it's ALL GOOD and FUN! You can even vent, whine, cry, and even ask for prayers when you need them. Come often and stay as long as you can.

Nora...What a Sweet Puppy! I absolutely could run off with DUKE, he is so ADORABLE!!! He would probably by way more Energy than I could handle but his cuteness
would make up for that! And Thank You Sweet Sister for the Wonderful little surprise pkg that I came home to today. That was so Delightful and I just loved it so
much!! I can't wait to wear the Pretty yarn and ribbon necklace. And the Hankie was so pretty too and I do collect them! I also loved the sweet little white heart
buttons. And the Birthday Card was so Farmgirlie...but do I really have to Bee-hive Myself??? That is a pretty tall order!!! LOL Thanks for your Thoughtfulness!!! <3

Sabrina...I am so PROUD of you Girl!!! Once you start cutting back when you find yourself on "Overload" it feels like you can Breathe once again doesn't it! Hubby
will be proud of you too!!

Shannon...Oh, thanks for sharing about you and hubby and your "Marriage to make everyone Happy" and I think it is so Sweet that you Celebrate your Anniversary every
6 months!! He sounds like a very Special Man...and he has a Good Woman too!! The key to a Happy Marriage is two people that love and respect each other!

Teacher Tammy...I'm glad that your Butterflies are learning early that it isn't FUN to get your wings clipped...so behave for Madam Butterfly or else!!! LOL

Prairie Tammy...Well, this man sounds more and more interesting as you share about him. Glad that he seems to like Jasper and Jordan too. That is a Plus Plus for Him!
Just let God lead and you never know where He will lead you. I'm happy that so-far, so-good!! I will keep praying about that and your job training. Did you ever finish
that one book that you were going to Lend me?

Well Girls...the Beach Retreat was Perfect! Great weather, beautiful and sunny, with highs in the mid 70's. I felt like I was coming down with a cold and the girls prayed
for me and the next day I was better. I was very thankful too! We had lots of laughing, shopping, eating and fellowship. It was ALL GOOD! It is great to be Home but I
had such a good time!!!

OK...off to make something to eat. More Later!

Love and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Love The People God gave you...
Because He will need them back one day!
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2017 :  7:15:06 PM  Show Profile
PeggyAnn, my motto is you can't have any fun if you Bee Hive yourself. I'm all for having fun. And you are so welcome for your package.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2017 :  08:18:29 AM  Show Profile
Ambrosia - Welcome to the group! These ladies are awesome!

Well weather here is starting to dip. Today's high is supposed to be 49 and the rest of the week is in the 60's. Low tomorrow night is expected to be 27. Fall is definitely here and winter is on her way. We were under a wind advisory this weekend but we never got the predicted 40+ mph winds thankfully.

Peggy - I started it and then got drawn into a different book (Amish Romance) lol. I'm reading it now and I promise to stay focused on it.

I picked up a new client last week who has booked me for 3 weekends this month and has now added lunch time walks Monday through Thursday. The afternoon walks will be great when I start my new job but for now I'll walk her on my lunch break. My new dog is a lab mix and very sweet.

You know what they say about making plans LOL Well mine were to work on getting things better organized in the house this weekend which didn't end up happening. I worked Saturday so knew Sunday would be my work day. Well imagine my surprise when I got a text from Benny about 10:30 pm Saturday night saying they were just finishing up with the bean harvest and his boss had given him Sunday and Monday off! LOL Have I mentioned how events seem to work for us to spend time together LOL. We've been watching a series on Netflix called "The 100" and watched 3 more episodes last night. The first weekend he was down we got so into it we watched the first 15 episodes. A lot of twists and turns to it. Has anybody else watched it?

Okay, to work for me. Have an awesome day everybody!

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2017 :  1:15:04 PM  Show Profile
Prairie Tammy - Well, I think God is working in your relationship. Seems that perfect timing for visits is not just happenstance. How Nice for you two.
I'm liking the fact that Benny seems to want to spend all his free time with you!! ~ I do the same thing with books Tammy. I might read one that is a good
read but if something comes along that sounds even better...I set the first one on the back burner. So, No Worry! ~ I also, have not seen 100 I don't think
I will check it out on Netflix however. Hubby and I are always looking for something good to watch on there. So, thanks for the Heads up on that too.
Prayers continuing for your new relationship with Benny. Just remember girlfriend...NO MAN IS PERFECT...but it sure helps if they are pretty darn close! LOL

Judy...have you gone into winter hibernation or what???? Get on here and delight us with some of your Comic Relief!!!

Love and Hugs to ALL MY PORCHIES!!

Peggy

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2017 :  03:45:04 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies,

I had a kid with a bad dream wake me up a bit early. But I was already awake laying in bed so I figured I'd get up. Luckily I seem to be recovering from all the sinus crud. Still a little congested but not feeling sick like I was this weekend. I've been getting up early more and more and really love the quiet time to read my Bible and do some writing. I just finished my reading for today and thought I'd pop on here real quick to say hi!

I got the email yesterday with the projected arrival time for hubby. I can't say here of course but soon! I have tickets for my brother and I to go to the Mother Earth News fair in Topeka in a couple weeks, I'm excited about that! AND I am on the waiting list for angora rabbit kits due next month!! Yay so I may have a rabbit or two by the end of the year and that will mean I accomplished all the farm things I wanted to do this year!!

I'm happy to have reduced my load again. I know it was the right choice, I've been less stressed and the kids' behavior is already noticeably improving. I'm just going to focus on my writing. I have several projects to work on over the next year and those make me excited and happy but not overly stressed since I have goals and a timeline but I can work on them whenever I have some quiet time and can take breaks when I need to!

I was asked if I would be interested in a paid blogging job, Peggy you will be proud of me. I told my friend who asked that I would be interested in discussing it more but not until December or January at the earliest since there are many things coming up in the next month. Even then I would only do it if they only want 2 or so a month at the most.

It is getting close to November which means my Operation Christmas Child role is entering the busy season. Collection week is in November then I'll be going to Denver to the processing center over Thanksgiving weekend so I really try not to plan much of anything else in November. Luckily hubby is able to take off the last two weeks of November to be on kid duty while I run around and make sure everyone has what they need during collection week!

Well off I go to do some writing. I am trying to make a point to be around the porch and MJF forums more often. I'm NOT NOT NOT taking on any new projects outside of writing! The baby is starting to be a little more independent so I'm hoping to start crafting again this winter and maybe I will do a swap or two!

Have a good day ladies!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2017 :  11:27:02 AM  Show Profile
Sabrina...I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!! You will find when you slow down a bit everyone in the family will relax more and feel less stressed too.
IF MOMMY IS HAPPY...EVERYBODY IS HAPPY!!! We set the tone for how our Family behaves. If we are light and cheery...they will feed off of that.
If we are stressed and harried they will feed off of that too. HAPPY and SLOW IS THE WAY TO GO!! You ROCK Mama!!!

Big Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Brosia
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

Ambrosia
Massillon Ohio
USA
30 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2017 :  6:35:29 PM  Show Profile
Good evening, ladies.

After writing my introductory post, I managed to come down with a nasty cold that's been going around. I'm starting to feel like a real live human being again, so things are finally starting to get done. My big project this week is getting the new extended chicken run built. They do fine free-ranging, but the truth is I'm just trying to find ways to keep myself busy. My wife just got promoted at work and, while this is a great thing for her and our family, I'm going a little stir-crazy with just a toddler and the animals for company. I couldn't have picked a better time to join the Farmgirl Sisterhood, because it gives me plenty of projects to occupy myself with. Who knows, maybe I'll finally get around to some of the big home improvement projects I've been meaning to do.

Brosia
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2017 :  6:56:12 PM  Show Profile
Peggy- I just sent an email resigning my volunteer position in AWANA so you will be even more proud of me!! I like doing it but my two little guys are just refusing to go to nursery and it is really hard and distracting to try to listen to kids say their verses while chasing a baby and toddler! I found myself getting so frustrated with the little guys and just generally getting tired and grumpy so I had to change something. I told her that later this year when hubby is home and if he can get the baby to sleep without me being there I could consider volunteering again but for now I need to not put myself in the frustrating situation. Hopefully she understands!

Brosia- we need to expand our chicken pen too. That is going to happen soon. Ours don't free range, I would prefer they did but we live close to a somewhat busy road and I'm afraid they will wander into it and get hit. I have all the supplies to expand it a good bit but I can't do that and keep up with the little guys. How old is your toddler? Obviously, you have chickens do you have any other animals? I have chickens, cats, dogs, and bees and I just got on the waiting list for angora rabbits that are due to be born next month!

Well, I was just checking in, it is quiet around here! I need to get the tea swap packages out, I'll do that next week I have to go by staples and get some mailers first!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2017 :  10:40:14 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies...

Well, it's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood! We have had a week of rain but today it is just Gorgeous Out. Makes my heart feel light and cheerful.
I love Fall Days like this. Just crisp and beautiful and glorious! Maybe I will even get a walk in today...two walks in one week just isn't enough! I really
wish that I had a small treadmill I could put out on my Porch (as it is covered) and I could just step out there and walk even when it is raining and I
wouldn't get Hot out there. We have an Exercise Room here at the Complex but they keep it so hot in there I can't stand it. I am a speed-walker so I burn
calories faster and heat up faster...so that just doesn't work for me. I need to figure something out that will work for me for the winter months.

Ambrosia...it sounds like you too like to keep busy. I'm comparing you to Sabrina NOT myself. I have plenty to do but lack the energy and get up and go to do it.
I find I would rather sit down and read or color or knit or just about anything rather than do house work and such. I am getting lazier in my old age and
don't want to do anything until I just can't stand it any more...and I have to do it. Like right now I should be vacuuming, dusting, and cleaning my bathroom.
But what am I doing? Just talking about it. With my Fibro/and Chronic Fatigue...I can easily talk myself out of housework. I need to find somebody to come in
a couple times a month but I don't want to pay the rates most places charge. I had a friend who came in helped me twice a month and she didn't want any money
but I paid her $50.00 a month...but she went through a mid-life crisis and told her mom and me that she was quitting cleaning. I couldn't blame her at all as
I would hate to clean other people's homes. So, now my house falls down around my ears and I just don't have the energy to care. Which is hard for a
person who is a type A personality and use to be an Absolute Perfectionist.

Sabrina...I am doubly proud of you girl!!! And I think you absolutely did the right thing. Why do anything that adds too much frustration to your life and those
of your childrens too? It is too much! Your children must be your #1 priority and yourself too. Over worked and over booked usually means overly Stressed! You
are learning girl. A Mother's Job is never done...but she can be happy and content in her own little Home. I didn't go back to work until my youngest was in
6th grade and my husband had to take a Medical Disability. I went back to work to help us out financially but my husband was home when Shane got home from school
and he had dinner ready when I got home. It worked out well for us though I had wanted to wait a year until Shane was in Middle School, just knowing my husband
was there made me feel a lot better.

Well, I can tell that Judy is ignoring my plea for some comic relief here. LOL Just come and chat girlfriend! I won't put you center stage with a mike, I promise.

Have a Wonderful Day...and make it a Joyous one too.

Love and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2017 :  2:10:45 PM  Show Profile
Hi gals! My sister finally made it to my house after all her time at her in-laws place helping with funeral, cleaning out closets and general clean-up and ridding out of father-in-laws stuff. She has a cold still and is wore out, but is making a come-back. That's why you haven't heard from me much. We are taking her home Monday I think, so I will write to yuns when I get back. Probably be gone most of the week. We finally get to see the new place she bought. Their weather has been cool like ours so that will be nice.
Welcome to the porch, Ambrosia! Nice to meet you!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The serious go through life blowing far too few raspberries!"
Go to Top of Page

Brosia
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

Ambrosia
Massillon Ohio
USA
30 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2017 :  4:58:02 PM  Show Profile
Hey ladies! Just checking in for the evening. I took a personal holiday today and endeavored to get absolutely nothing productive done. I made myself a nice breakfast, let Grandma take care of the Kiddo, and spent most of the day hanging around the homestead just listening to music and painting. I can't remember the last time I did this, but I can sure tell you I'll be doing it more often. Now I'm gathered around a campfire with the family getting ready to roast some hot dogs for dinner. I hope you all are having as good of a night.

Peggy: I'm actually quite the opposite. I'm lazy by nature, but I'm prone to depression if I spend too much time being idle. So generally I'm just running around like a chicken with it's head cut off trying to keep myself busy and out of trouble.

Sabrina: My little girl is two going on thirteen. That stubborn streak she has will serve her well as a young woman, but it sure makes parenting her a challenge some days. We have our own little menagerie here with chickens, cats, dogs, a parrot, a rabbit, and a fish. We're planning on adding goats, a cow, and bees into the mix in the future.

Brosia
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2017 :  12:08:34 AM  Show Profile
Good Late Evening My Porchies...

Judy Girl...glad to know you were with your Sissy and that you get to take her home and check out her new place. How fun! Give her our Love and Tell her to hop on The Porch
herself when she feels like she has her feet back underneath her. And we will look forward to you sharing about your trip when you get back!

Brosia...My husband fights deep depression too and it has been very difficult for him (and me) since he was diagnosed with 5 blockages in his heart and they cannot be by-passed. He has made it a full year since his diagnosis and we are very happy about that. But it is kind of like we are sitting around waiting for him to die. Which is
just horrible to say but the truth is he will not get better and either he will have a heart attack or a stroke and The Good Lord will take him home. We have a very
strong Faith and so we do not fear death as some do. ~ It sounds like you had a wonderful day doing nothing but the things you enjoy! We all need more days like that in
our lives! ~ Your little girl sounds adorable. I find most children these days are smarter than they should be and very full of busyness and Fun. I have a 2 yr. old
grand-daughter and she is just so fun at that age! Her big brother is 4 and he is smart as a whip too and they just bring such delight, love and fun into my LIFE! They are my reason for wanting to live as long as I possibly can!

Well, I'm headed to bed with a good book and a little "Me" Time. I love ending my day reading and I usually fall asleep doing so...but I do love the relaxation I get from a good read! I love to live vicariously through someone else's Life.

My Sweet Step-daughter Jennifer got married today. She lives in Nashville Tenn. And the man she married is a Country Gospel Singer.
Would love to have gone but neither hubby or I should travel that far.

I did get a good 5 mile walk in this evening. It was a Gorgeous Fall Day here today. Warm enough that I am still walking in just a T-shirt, Capris, and sneakers. Love It!!!

Sweet Dreams Girls!!!

Love and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 16 2017 12:19:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2017 :  3:12:26 PM  Show Profile
Good evening, ladies.
Weather here has turned more seasonable. I've lost two chickens to an eagle the last couple of days, so I had to fall clean their pen with them in the chicken yard. Got it done in 45 minutes, record time since this spring it took almost all day to get it done.
My great niece got married on Saturday night. It was a lovely affair. They had it outside and we sat on straw bales. The reception was in a barn. Very nice.
Another niece passed away yesterday and the funeral is tomorrow.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2017 :  11:40:05 PM  Show Profile
Nora...so sorry to hear about one of your nieces passing away. My Prayers are with you and all the Family!!! Big Hugs My Porchie Sister!!
Your other Nieces Country Wedding sounded like a fun time. My Middle Step daughter got married on the Same Day. Plus several friends had their
birthdays that day too. I think it must be a Good Celebration Day for Many!! ~ Sorry also about your chickens and the Eagle. That does happen more times
than most people care to count. Around here the Hawks are as bad as the Eagles.

Our weather was 70 today and I got another 5 mile walk in before the rains return tomorrow. Then we pretty much have 7 straight days of rain.
Not FUN...but it our typical fall around here.

Still Quiet on The Porch!! I may have to round up the Posse and round some of you up! Don't make me put my hands on my hips! LOL

Beautiful Dreams Ladies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2017 :  2:39:51 PM  Show Profile
Hey ladies! Well, we missed our homeschool co-op today because the little boys have been dealing with some sort of stomach bug. It is relatively minor but didn't want to chance them sharing any germs or picking up anything else their bodies would have to fight off so we stayed home. It was kind of a relief to have a whole day suddenly empty of commitments to just be home. I spent most of it cleaning and will probably do a bit more cleaning then some writing this evening when the kids are in bed. Tomorrow I don't have to do anything until the evening when the kids go to awana and I may run to the store, or maybe I'll take the little boys to the store while the kids are at awana since I'm not volunteering, I guess that makes the most sense.

Nora-that is awful about losing chickens to eagles. I'm surprised we haven't lost any to the big birds of prey around here. Syd cleaned out our chicken house this week too, now we are ready for winter.

Did I tell y'all I'm on the waiting list for Angroa bunnies? They should be born next month. I'm thinking I'll ask her for two does and then try to find my buck from another breeder. There aren't a ton of breeders so it has been a bit challenging to find them. I need to start reading up on them, I've done tons of research but it has been a while.

Brosia-I KNOW what challenging children are like for sure!! I would say all of mine are strong willed (I don't actually believe there are any other kind) but some are still more challenging than others. They will definitely be world changers if I can guide them well. I have 5...did I say that before? lol I'm very tired.

Ok ladies back to cleaning and celebrating my son's birthday today. I've warned hubby the house won't be spotless when he gets home but I'm trying to get it at least neat.

OHH Also, I got tickets to the Mother Earth News fair this weekend. I am SO EXCITED!!! I am looking at the class schedule and have no idea how I will choose classes to attend, there are too many great options. Of course, I doubt my kids will really sit through them so I'll probably just have to stand near the back as long as I can then slip out when they get restless but it should be fun!!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2017 :  3:35:36 PM  Show Profile
I'd love to go to one of their fairs sometime. The closest to me would be the one in PA. Maybe next year.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page