Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2017 :  11:25:42 AM  Show Profile
Well, PRAISE THE LORD PEGGY!!! You lifted my spirits! Thank you!
Pasty said to tell you thank you for all the Love and Prayers sent her way!
I've been watching these hurricanes and wondering if God is angry and trying to get peoples attention. If so, it's sad that it has to come to this! You are ALL in my Prayers!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The serious go through life blowing far too few raspberries!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2017 :  12:35:43 AM  Show Profile
Judy girl...I was hoping by sharing that others would be lifted up and encouraged too! So, thanks for sharing that you benefited from hearing my Praises.

Well, I don't really think God allows things because He is Mad At People...but I do believe He allows things to get our Attention. And this Country needs to sit up
and take heed that is for sure! All the stories of the Everyday Hero's and Neighbors helping Neighbors etc...are just so Inspiring aren't they?? This Country Rallies
and Pulls Together in Times of Crisis!! Maybe that is the Lesson in all of these Hurricanes and Fires etc. It so much reminds me of 9-11 and How are Country saw a
rise in Patriotism and Neighbors reaching out to Neighbors and people started turning to God for answers and pouring into Churches like never before. God always
takes what is bad and turns it into GOOD for His Benefit and our Blessings.

Tell Patsy we are always Happy to Keep her in prayer!! That's what we do for our Porch Sisters. No need is too big nor too small! Because we Have a Big Big God!

Off for bed. I'm a bit pooped tonight because I got my Fall Decor all put out today!!! And I have a lot of it but I enjoy it so much!!! It was in the 70's today
which was so refreshing. I think I'm ready for Fall now...but we are still having 90 degree days this coming week.

Sweet Dreams,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Love The People God gave you...
Because He will need them back one day!
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2017 :  06:00:17 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Becky, thank you for the teas and tuck. Love the teas and am so thrilled with the tuck. It is a reminder to keep you in prayer every time I see it. How are
you doing?

Patsy, Judy and Peggy you are all in my prayers. Difficult times bring us to our knees for sure. That's why I haven't been around much! Some days it feels
like an effort to breath! God always lifts me up! Touching His hem is all I need!

My sister is in the path of Irma and they are staying in place. Please pray for her and her husband. Loretta and Ken. Wish they would shelter but they won't.

We serve a mighty God and He makes our path straight when we can't see beyond our circumstances. When there are one set of footprints,
He is carrying us! Thank you Lord.

I pray blessings, on all my porch friends, who are always available to each of us when we are in need. A hedge of protection around all of you as well as all who have been and will be effected by the hurricanes.

Cherry pound cake and coffee, did I say coffee?,on the table where the Bible is waiting for a group to gather in His name! Waiting for you!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2017 :  6:32:59 PM  Show Profile
Amen, Peggy.
Darlene, I'll try a little cake, don't like coffee, but would enjoy the gathering.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2017 :  8:10:02 PM  Show Profile
Darlene...YUMM!!! Love cherry cake, bread, cookies... you name it! Thank you! Gathering round your table and I'd be happy to read the first portion of the bible before we start! Then we can pass it around. Sounds like my kind of gathering!
America is an amazing country isn't it? You hit the nail right on the head Peg!
We made it thru the funeral ok. I was amazed how many people came. We wondered how many people his age were left around. A lot of folk who came were his present church. And since he was a minister at one time, many folk knew him that way. It was a really nice service. At the cemetery after the preacher was done and we were told we could go, his one daughter said, "I just feel like shouting 'WOOHOO' lucky Dad, he made it there! I'm jealous actually!" We all laughed and said, "AMEN sister" and I said, "I can hear Pops laughing." She said, "I can too and he's saying... crazy kids!" LOL. The love really flowed today!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2017 :  08:42:53 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies!

Peggy - glad you're feeling strength for your stressors. I keep you in prayer.

Well ladies the Lord has been blessing me. I know many of you have been praying for me so I wanted to share. I received a job offer from one of the local nursing homes Friday for a CNA position, it's afternoon shift (2:30-11pm) and it will be a $5/hr pay increase! So many burdens lifting to say the least. I haven't given notice yet since I have to complete training before I get the job officially but I have no concern over passing it. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to work up until I start training or use my PTO and quit 2 weeks prior at Walmart. My training will be 4-9pm so I'll stay at the law office until I'm done with training. I start training mid October and will test on November 18th so please keep me in prayer because I can't miss a single day. Jordon is already looking to change to a morning job so babysitting duties are coming to an end. Life is good!

I'm getting ready to start my mini vacation! Friday can't get here soon enough lol.

I bought a tapestry and wasn't expecting it to look anything like the pictures online but it's beautiful! I put it up in my bedroom after rearranging Sunday. I was going to move my hed so the headboard was in front of the tapestry but Jordon convinced me it would be better to leave my bed where it was and have the tapestry on the wall opposite so I could see it while laying in bed and I'm so glad he did. It's like waking up in a forest seeing it :O) I'll have to post the picture from my phone. I'm going to order one of wolves for Jordon for a Christmas present.

Okay, back to work :O) Hope everybody has an awesome day.

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Farmgirl of the Month November 2016
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Prairie Critter Pet Sitter
"Pampered care for your pet"
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2017 :  10:28:58 AM  Show Profile
Prairie Tammy, So good to hear happy things from you! Rejoicing right along with you! It's a tough call trying to decide when to quit other jobs. I'm sure you'll figure it out. You're a smart cookie! *giggle*
You're tapestry sounds beautiful. Can't wait to see a pic.
We are still having temps in low to mid 70's. Today/tonight it's suppose to rain. It's been dry except for a few sprinkles here and there. Grass is getting brown in spots. It looks like this rain is being brought here by "Irma".
We had another death Sunday night. A very close friend of the Shuman family(patsy's in-laws). She was even married to Patsy's BIL at one time, so we all know her. That's the 3rd death in the group of threes. Right now almost everybody in the house where patsy is staying, in-laws here in Ohio, is sick. That same miserable cold that I've had is going around and so many people are getting it. Nasty, soupy stuff. My nose is still running after about 2 weeks. There's a cough that won't let go too!
Ok Gals, make it a good day!
Love yuns!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2017 :  12:13:24 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...figured I better get on The Porch before I have to send the Posse out after myself! LOL

This is my transition week...back into turning my walking around in the mornings...I hope starting tomorrow. Also back to preparing
Bible Study Lessons. I'm teaching on Revelation this Fall through Spring. I will be having a new gal in my group starting tomorrow night.
I lost two gals in early Oct. last year...so there is room to add a few more into the Mix. But God has to bring them...I don't go soliciting. LOL

Went in to The Dentist today to have a tooth extracted but they were able to save it and just build it up a bit and put a new filling in. Funny
thing is that it cost more to fill it than to pull it. Oh, well...I would much rather save one!

Prairie Tammy...so happy to see you on The Porch today!! And great news about the Job Offer!!! We will continue to pray about your training and testing.
A raise is always a good thing too. Are you off Kayaking this weekend?

My Beach Retreat is coming up real soon! First weekend in Oct. I can't wait!! I need some Beach Time!

Hubby is hanging in here. The change in his Depression medication is helping a bit. I am happy to say that we have just about reached One Year since he was diagnosed with
congestive heart failure. So, I praise God that we just made it through another year together. Our Anniversary was Sept. 6th!

Darlene...it was good to See you on The Porch too. And I'm with Judy..."Cherry" anything is wonderful! So thanks for the Cake and Coffee.

Judy...sorry you had another death in the Family! As we age that is all too frequent of an occurrence. Sorry about the colds going around too! Drink your
Tea and get plenty of rest!!

We had a 75 degree day and it was so nice to walk in the cooler weather! I am just about ready for Fall. But still have some hotter days on the Horizon.
We are actually going to get our First rain Sunday Night and Monday...and hopefully that will help the Fires that are still raging in Oregon, WA, Idaho and
Montana. It wasn't bad enough that a 15 yr. old boy from Vancouver Started the Gorge Fire with fireworks but then some adult male from California just started
4 other fires. I think people are losing their minds! Or just too bored or something. Natural Disasters aren't bad enough...we have to create Drama and Disaster??????????? Lord have Mercy!

Guess what I get to do this Saturday? I am going with my kids to a Tiny Homes Event. There will be lots of tiny homes you can go into and check out. I'm so excited about this! I don't know if I could ever live in one ... but I will find out this weekend if I think they are too claustrophobic or not. Should be FUN!

OK...Question/Share Time. WHAT IS ONE FALL ACTIVITY YOU ARE LOOKING FORWARD TOO THIS YEAR? I have a couple: My Beach Trip and we may do Thanksgiving at The Beach this year. I would love that...haven't done it for years!!!

OK My Lovelies...Keep Calm and Carry On!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 14 2017 12:21:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2017 :  09:51:21 AM  Show Profile
Okay, my fall activity is hiking up to Hogg Pin lake about three miles from the house. Waiting for snakes to bed down though, lots of copperheads around there and with the puppy I have to be more careful.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2017 :  10:48:44 PM  Show Profile
Nora...I hope you are taking a shot-gun! Copperheads seems like a real threat to dogs and humans. What did you name your puppy? If you told us...I can't
remember! ~ I just got two days of walking back in and then the smoke came back tonight.

My Bible Study Group was good tonight. Nine of us there and 6 didn't make it. We had 3 women who had to take their spouses to The ER today. How strange is that?
2 were released to go home and rest and one was kept over night for observation. But how odd is that? Hopefully next week will be better as far as everyone making it.

I'm going out for dinner with my best bud tomorrow night. We both love Seafood but my husband and sons don't like it. So her and I will go enjoy until our hearts are
content and our bellies too!

Not much going on here today. Hope everyone is getting well and also transitioning into Fall.

Another Fall activity I enjoy is finding lots of leaves in a park or forest and going to jump in them. I love the crunch of crisp fall leaves and their beauty!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 14 2017 10:50:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2017 :  2:12:49 PM  Show Profile
The puppy's name is Duke. He and my male kitten, Winston, play together so cute.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2017 :  6:34:38 PM  Show Profile
Does anyone on the porch crocheting?

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2017 :  4:56:23 PM  Show Profile
hello everyone,
hope this finds you doing well. I have been busier than I like lately. My sweet mom and her hubby moved from their house to an apartment and had a big sale and moved so between school and helping her and taking her to drs. I have been busy. But she is settled in this week and they are putting house with realtor this week. They just can't take of it anymore and so they made the decision to move into an apartment.

School is keeping me busy. My days are full with mostly teaching 3rd and 4th, 5-8 literature and writing, and helping with music. I also mentor two teachers as well. But my class is a pretty good class. Thought I would share our crazy hair hehehehe

Is that not just a crack up? I have one little boy who has decided my name is Mrs. Buttercup except when he is in trouble. Which is almost daily lol But he is so cute.
I am starting up bible study with my gal pals on Tuesday. We are doing Beth Moore's new study.
Peggy my favorite fall activity is wearing my sweaters, having tea, and reading a good book. I also like to go to pumpkin patch.
well ladies I am off for now. Hubby and I are going to spend the evening catching up.
love to you all,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2017 :  5:31:58 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, those kids look like so much fun! I love their ambition and creativity. Looks like you got a good group this year.
My favorite fall activity is looking for perfect, colorful leaves on the ground and bringing them in to lay around the house to bring the fall ambiance indoors. I love the smell of leaves... and Fall smells in general. I love when folk start burning fireplaces and the wood smell is everywhere. I too love hot mugs of tea, and cider and getting into a good book. It's usually when I start my Christmas novels. I'm really going to miss my kitty-bud this year when it really gets cold. He would always come running when I'd holler, "Rascal, moms got her Blankie." He loved to snuggle. *crying*

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2017 :  9:59:20 PM  Show Profile
Judy...you look for leaves to bring in and I look for acorns (found a lot this year) and pine-cones. I incorporate them into my little vignettes of decorating. Sometimes
I have to hot glue the caps onto my acorns as they often fall off when they hit the ground...but that is fun too! I will post a few pictures here of my decorating.

I have more but I won't bore you with the rest! I do Love Fall and enjoy it clear up until Thanksgiving. Around Nov. 1st I take away a lot of the Pumpkins and add my
Pilgrims, Turkeys, and Sheep. I love to decorate...my hubby thinks I'm Nuts but Oh, well!!

Teacher Tammy... or should I call you Mrs. Buttercup? How cute! Your class looks like they love your Learning Projects!
The New Beth Moore "The Quest" I have already purchased for next Fall. It looks like a Great One. You will have to let me know
how you like it once you are in it for a month or two.

Judy...Hot Mugs of Tea and a good book (you're calling my name girlfriend)! I switch over to Christmas Reads soon too...as I can't read a Christmas
Novel any other time of year. It has to be in the Holiday Season! Sorry, you won't have your Rascal to snuggle up with. Sad for you, I'm sure!
I love the smells of Fall and the Cool Crisp Air too. And I like Hot Cocoa during the Fall and Winter also. And Pumpkin Scones, Pumpkin & Choc. Chip
Bread, Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Cheesecake, Pumpkin Latte's. I just Love Pumpkin and Cranberry Desserts during The Fall. OK...I'm making myself hungry!

Nora...I'm glad that Duke and Winston get along well together. They can be so entertaining! What is another Fall Activity or Food/Drink that you enjoy?

Ruthie...Sabrina is our crochet expert. And also Heather. And Becky. I knit!

OK Ladies...hubby just brought in some groceries for me to put away. Better get off here before something melts that needs to go in the
freezer!

Sleep Tight and Sweet Dreams,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2017 :  09:16:22 AM  Show Profile
Hi Porchies - long time no see!!! It's been crazy busy around here. We're trying to keep up with farm chores on top of helping my aunt get ready for the auction of my grandparents stuff. There was an online auction earlier this week for all grandpa's toy tractors - over 200 of them! It's sad to see it all go. Next month is the big auction.

Monday my best friends son tried to hang himself. He was not successful but the family is a mess. My best friends brother did hang himself - before I knew her - so that really made this even harder for her. We're going over to see them in a little bit. I've talked to her a couple times. I'm just praying for the right things to say and do to help them.

Judy - Sorry to hear of all the death going on in your family. And for the sickness you can't shake. My hubby was sick last week too. Try chopping up a clove of garlic small enough you can swallow the pieces. Take one clove before bed. It really helps us when we get sick.

Peggy - love your decorations! Especially the purple light up pumpkin. Purple is my favorite color. I haven't gotten my fall stuff out yet. I don't have much so it won't take long. It's on my list for this week. Hopefully I'll have time to get to it. One of my favorite fall things is drinking apple cider. LOVE IT!

Tammy - love the picture and your new nickname. Kids can be so much fun.

Ruthie - I crochet. It's become an addiction for me LOL I had so much trouble learning how to do it. My mom finally got me straightened out and now I can't stop!

Nora - you are a brave lady. I think if I saw a copperhead I wouldn't be back to look for anymore! Gives me goose bumps just thinking about it - and I've never even seen one for real.

Well, I need to get off here and start getting ready to go to my friends house. I hope everyone has a wonderful week.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2017 :  11:12:18 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Heather...I am so sorry about your friends son! How heart breaking. They really need to get him expert help! My husband was a Marriage and Family Counselor
for years and I counseled Women. Just telling you that so you know...that I am knowledgeable enough to know he needs serious help. A Psychiatrist NOT a
Counselor. Counselors are schooled but we don't go indepth enough to help some one that emotionally damaged...and Counselors can't prescribe medications. We could
make suggestions on what we thought they would need but a Dr. or Psychiatrist were the only ones who could prescribe. The best thing you can do for your friend is
just be there and listen. My best friends 28 year old son...went to Hawaii to see his father...must not have gone well, because he hung himself in the closet of
His Hotel Room. He was into drugs and wasn't always in his right mind...so, that is probably the place of desperation he was in. I went over to her house at
4:00 in the morning and just sat at her feet on the floor, held her hand, and just let her talk, and we cried together! TRUST me when I say...WORDS are not needed
or wanted at a time like that. In the months to come...I was so shocked at the ugly things Christian People said to her about her sons death! It was gut wrenching
and heart-breaking is all I can say. Non Christians were more understanding and compassionate towards her...and that is just pathetically sad. So, in the ensuing months
be the one who does not judge her or her family. Be the one who is her arms to cry into. And whatever you do...don't NOT talk to her about her son or brother or
whoever. People make the mistake of not bringing up the topic or loss because they don't know what to say and they don't want to bring up a painful memory. But
trust me when I say...they need to know they can talk and you will listen and comfort them.

Love you Girl...be the Strong One for Her,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2017 :  5:11:28 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Peggy. He is getting professional help. His first appointment was 2 hours after he left the hospital. She did cry today, but we played cards and laughed too. It's going to be a long road for them! I try really hard not to judge anyone. I've done some stupid things in my life that I really don't want to define me so I try to keep that in mind when I think of others. It's too bad that when some one is hurting - like your friend was - that people hurt them worse.
Thanks for the encouraging words Peggy. I've never had to deal with such a drastic situation before so I really didn't know what to do.

Well, I need to hop is the shower and get around for bed.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2017 :  4:55:34 PM  Show Profile
Heather, you are a super friend.

Peggy, your decorations are great. I guess my grandbabies birthdays are my favorite part of fall. Bryceton will be 16 on October 25th and Kayleigh will be 11 on November 2nd. Seems like just yesterday that Sammy brought Bryceton to my work for Trick-or-Treating at days old.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2017 :  5:47:07 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, love all your decorations! Is the spider web banner made of popsicle sticks? How cute, colorful and clever!
Heather, so sorry to hear about your friend's son. Praying for you so that you know what to say to the family... or as you just ...listen. Praying for that family too. I hear of so many young people trying to kill themselves, some succeeding. It's so sad!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2017 :  12:22:30 AM  Show Profile
Good Evening My Porchies...

Heather...I am so glad that your friends son is getting Professional Help! And that you were able to listen and talk and even though she cried...
that she was even able to laugh a bit. That is so Good! I hope someone has warned her that he most likely will try this again. Maybe in a different way
next time. But they should always be on the Alert. Sometimes it even comes after the person seems to be doing a little better and things are going
more smoothly. We will all keep her family in prayers and also you as you continue to be there for her. It is so hard! But it is happening so much
more frequently these days.

Nora...Your grandson's birthday is the very same day as mine. That is so cool! I have another Farm Sister friend whose adult daughter's birthday is
the 25th too. I love having an October Birthday! Fall is my 2nd favorite Season. And if we have to get Old we might as well enjoy it to the fullest! I like Month long Birthdays!! LOL

Judy...No the spider web is cut out of heavy felt that I just strung on black & white twine. Cute huh? Popsicle sticks would work if you colored them!
I love to decorate...I think being a Christian Book Store/Gift Shop Manager really made me learn to enjoy it even more. I decorated when my kids were
little but I actually do more now. I guess...I just don't want to grow up or grow old. LOL

Really rainy here today. Didn't like having to walk the dog in the down pour tonight...but Oh, well...it is our typical fall & winter weather. It has been snowing
on Mt. Hood the last two days. The skiers will love that!!!

Well, my day was long...had to work on updating two different "LISTS" for my Bible Study Group today. Birthday and Address Lists. Time consuming but necessary.

I don't know if I mentioned it but I started playing Yahtzee on my Cell Phone a few weeks back. I probably play over 100 different people...both female and male.
Well last night I had a 30 something guy hit on me. He sent me some chats asking how Old I was. I have my picture posted so he must be blind...ROFLOL I told him
I was OLD! He said...well how old...I don't mind older women. Anyway, long story short I beat him at the game (first time I had played a game with him) and
so he challenged me to a new game and I declined him. What a little weirdo. Geesh of all the people I game with he is the first and I hope the last...that even sent me
a chat. I told my husband about it tonight and he just shook his head.

OK...I need to go read for awhile. More tomorrow Sisters!

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 19 2017 12:29:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2017 :  4:39:04 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I had the same thing with Words With Friends. I told him it was inappropriate and he didn't play anymore. It made me very uncomfortable even though I am a flirt most of the time. I keep it clean.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2017 :  11:58:42 AM  Show Profile
Nora...I played Words with Friends for a couple of years but never had that happen...but I guess because I only played with FB Friends and didn't play
with just anybody. On Yahtzee it is almost impossible to just play with Friends Only...because you need to keep gaming to win prizes. Anyway, at least
you know what I mean by how creepy that was. I get men on FB wanting to Friend Me and I always decline them. I don't need nor want those kind of men in
my life. And I have told my husband many many times that if I out live him...I am NEVER getting re-married. I would love a few years of NOT waiting on
a man hand and foot. And I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooo serious!

More Later Gators,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2017 :  5:21:04 PM  Show Profile
I know what you mean. Alone time would be the greatest. But probably change my mind if it ever came to that. But I think a tiny house on about an acre in the mountains would be simply marvelous.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2017 :  08:26:07 AM  Show Profile
Hello everyone!

I'm praying for all of you. Things have been busy as usual here. I'm getting the hang of the English tutoring job. Things aren't going well with the exchange student I'm supervising. Kids are busy as usual. We decided to just put school off until hubby gets home for all but my oldest. It is just too hard right now to chase a toddler and baby and try to do things with the middles. Luckily they don't need much and I'm sure they will be just fine. We are doing our coop so it isn't like they aren't getting anything.

I need to do major organizing and cleaning of my house but that too will have to wait. I just bought some gates since the baby is into everything and the kids and dogs broke all the other baby gates I had. Hopefully the ones I bought work better and keep the insanity to a minimum.

I have several ideas in the pipeline for after hubby comes home. I'm pretty excited about those. My brother and I decided to write a book together so that is fun.

I planted gourd seeds way back in late May and they are barely growing at all. Not sure what the problem is, guess I'll plant them earlier next year. I hope to do a lot more gardening next year. I need to see what is going on with my fruit trees, my apple trees and peach trees had fruit but it all disappeared before it was ripe. I'm going to release some ladybugs and praying mantis in the spring to try to help with the webworms that are everywhere. The only thing we successfully grew this year was the acorn squash that accidentally grew in the compost pile!!

My chickens are laying better all of a sudden. I have no idea what the issue was there for a couple weeks but we are back up to 7-10 eggs a day. Yay! I still need to butcher all of those roosters but I'm thinking that may also wait a few weeks until hubby gets home. I'm hoping hubby can also make me some rabbit hutches this fall to get rabbits before the weather turns cool, we will see, might end up being spring before I get those.

My list of home and property improvements just gets longer and longer!

This weekend there is a praisfest here, Christian music and other activities all day in the park. We are going to that as my daughter's birthday celebration. Matthew West plays at night so they are really excited about that. I probably won't get to stay since the little boys may not make it that late, stinks because he is one of my favorites but we will see.

Heather, I'm praying for your friend and her son.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page