Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2017 :  7:52:58 PM  Show Profile
Ok Peg, now I'm grossed out! Thanks sister! lol Wow! Creepy!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The serious go through life blowing far too few raspberries!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2017 :  11:48:12 AM  Show Profile
Ruthie Ann...so good to have YOU back on The Porch Sister!!! Come more often we miss you!!! But I think you need to leave your
spiders at home in the garrage...from everyone else's reaction to my story!! LOL I wouldn't like to find a Spider that was as BIG as
a Small Saucer. That would probably even Freak Me Out!!! And I'm not Afraid either! What did you have to use kill it with??? The Car??? LOL Once my Hubby was moving his Christian Counseling Books from the Mid-West to his Office in Spokane and as he started un-packing the boxes to put on His Office Bookshelves...out crawled a Tarantula. Now, Let Me just say...MY Hubby is afraid to death of spiders and snakes. I think they heard him yelling all over The City!! ROFLOL It was as big as a small Saucer too. He killed it with a sledge hammer and the legs were sticking out from the hammer wiggeling. I don't think he picked up the slege hammer for a couple of days...he wanted to make sure that sucker was really dead! ROFLOL

Nora...I loved your Costco Comment. Yes, I think they should atleast give me New Pillows right? On second thought...I won't ask! LOL I might have the same delmna on my hands! I haven't seen one spider since I trashed that pillow, Praise God!!

Teacher Tammy...Oh, my you start school tomorrow!!! Short Summer for you Girl! Our teachers are back in their class rooms setting them up and also taking some extra-teacher preperation classes. But Our kids have until after Labor Day before they go back.

Judy...sorry to gross you out Sister! LOL I remember one time I found a full size Snake Skin where the snake had molted out of it...and it was all in one piece...so I picked it up and carried it home because I wanted to show my boys when they got home from school...I thought it was so cool! *Tom-boy Mama* I wasn't sure where to put it until they got home and I didn't want Shane to get hold of it
so I set it up on top of the Refrigerator...and then completely forgot about it. Well, when my husband got home from work he went to the refrigerator to get something cold to drink and him being over 6 ft. tall the first thing he saw was the Snake up there! And let's just say all Hell broke loose and the whole neighborhood heard him chewing me out for about an hour I think!! ROFLOL I still laugh about it when it comes to mind 25 years later. And it wasn't even that big of a snake skin. My two Older boys thought it was gross too. LOL

OK...My Porchies. We are having a Blessed Week with temps finally down in the 80's. Perfect Summer Weather!!! I have friends ready for
Fall...but I'm still enjoying Summer. I Love Fall too but I want it to hold off until October.

Oh, almost forgot that yesterday hubby and I drove all over town trying to find anybody with Solar Eclipse Glasses Left. One store I went in some guy had come in that very day and bought 125 pairs of them (their last 125 pr. I might add). So, I finally did find a few left at one Fred Meyer Store and so I bought 6 pairs. 3 for Shane's Family (adults only) and 3 for Us. Now...I have to go check and make sure they are authentic and not pairs of the knock off brands that don't work. I can't imagine people selling those things knowing full well they don't work and allowing thousands of people to perhaps go blind because it will burn their eye-balls. Greedy Money Making People...who don't care who suffers as long as they make a few bucks off of them. Grrr!!!

Enjoy your day. And do something FUN.

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Love The People God gave you...
Because He will need them back one day!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2017 :  6:28:24 PM  Show Profile
ok Peg that whole pillow thing freaked me out...just saying

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1414 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1414 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2017 :  7:13:29 PM  Show Profile
Peggy I won't even know there was a spider. I am dead once I close my eyes till morning.

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2017 :  5:45:50 PM  Show Profile
Hey my sweet porchies,
Just thought I would fly into the porch with brownies and peach tea. It was a great first day of school with my butterflies. It absolutely poured here some schools were closed due to flooding. We went so long without rain and then it felt like we needed to build an ark. But the rain didn't keep the kiddos from making it to our school. I have 20 little butterflies and I am quite sure after today I will have many stories to tell here on the porch. Oh my they are hilarious!!! Looking forward to what God is going to teach us this year. Here are my first day pictures. One serious for the moms and of course no first day is complete without being silly. Enjoy ladies.

Love to you all,
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2017 :  08:14:51 AM  Show Profile
Yes, looks like you will have a group with lots of stories to tell.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2017 :  1:06:14 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Teacher Tammy...looks like you have a Good Group of Butterflies this year. Can't wait to hear some of their funny Stories.

Going up to see my youngest Son, he had a Endoscope Proceedure done today. Then Tomorrow my husband has His Esophogus Stretched. We have
to be at The Hospital at 7:00 am That means getting up way toooooooooooooooooo early! I will probably come home and sleep all afternoon. LOL

OK...enjoy Your Day!

Love and Hugs,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1414 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1414 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2017 :  2:31:43 PM  Show Profile
Teacher Tammy what a cool bunch.
Peg will pray you and your family.Enjoy your nap. I love naps.
Ruthie Ann

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2017 :  4:19:58 PM  Show Profile
Eww Peggy spiders in the pillow...come to think of it I think I've heard a scratching noise...ick!!! You will be happy to know I've decided to drop the transcription job. It's a great thing for someone but right now I have too much on my plate and don't like things hanging over my head (because there is almost always work that *could* be done) so I'm just letting it go so I do have a tiny bit of downtime and no guilt!!

I haven't actually taught an ESL class yet, just done a lot of training. I have some classes scheduled next week. I'm totally fine with this starting slow. The exchange student I'm overseeing made it in last weekend. My mom came to watch the kids so I could go to the airport to meet her with just Dylan. It was a lovely ride there but Dylan screamed most of the way home. It is just her this year so that job won't be time-consuming at all. I just have to check in with her, the host family, and the school monthly.

I keep getting headaches y'all. I suspect they are just stress related. I've had headaches before but it has been a while since they have been this bad or this frequent. I'm really chugging water today in case it was dehydration but I already feel one coming on. Makes doing anything on the computer difficult :(. Especially since they come in the evening and I try to work on stuff after I get the kids in bed. It is incredibly frustrating!!

Sydney started her school program this week, the others start in a couple weeks and all the fall activities are slowly kicking off. It is going to be a busy year but I've come to a place where I am more ok with taking stuff off my plate if I find I'm overwhelmed so some things may end up going if it is too much.

Tammy your butterflies look like fun!!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Go to Top of Page

Shi-anne
True Blue Farmgirl

596 Posts

Cheryl
Ada OK
USA
596 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2017 :  06:06:21 AM  Show Profile
Wow, I haven't been here in awhile and have to tell you, I wasn't expecting to hear stories of spiders & snakes! But love them! #9829;#65039; This year we have gained a tree frog in the bathroom and a little (very fast) brown lizard in the kitchen. I'm pretty good friends with the frog; however, Fast Freddie, the lizard, catches me off guard and startles me from time to time!

We have had rain like crazy this year. I think it is turning into a rain forest out! But hopefully that will make for a beautiful fall, with lots of gorgeous color.

Sabrina, being deficient in magnesium can cause headaches, too. And they say, most of us need magnesium.

Love the pictures of your students, Tammy. I am sure you will be in for an interesting year!

May your day be filled with unexpected blessings! Have an awesome weekend!

http://theprairiemaid.blogspot.com/

Farmgirls don't have hot flashes ~ They have power surges!
Go to Top of Page

Shi-anne
True Blue Farmgirl

596 Posts

Cheryl
Ada OK
USA
596 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2017 :  06:10:18 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Shi-anne

Wow, I haven't been here in awhile and have to tell you, I wasn't expecting to hear stories of spiders & snakes! But love them! This year we have gained a tree frog in the bathroom and a little (very fast) brown lizard in the kitchen. I'm pretty good friends with the frog; however, Fast Freddie, the lizard, catches me off guard and startles me from time to time!

We have had rain like crazy. (Probably why we have little creatures moving in with us.). Sometimes, I think it is turning into a rain forest out! But hopefully that will make for a beautiful fall, with lots of gorgeous color.

Sabrina, being deficient in magnesium can cause headaches, too. And they say, most of us need magnesium.

Love the pictures of your students, Tammy. I am sure you will be in for an interesting year!

May your day be filled with unexpected blessings! Have an awesome weekend!

http://theprairiemaid.blogspot.com/.

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2017 :  11:49:16 AM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies....

Cheryl...so glad to have you drop back in on The Porch. I wondered where you had gone off to. Come back more regularly and sit a spell. Yes, we do
get into quite a few interesting conversations about all kinds of things. LOL Spiders and Snakes just had to be the topic this past week. LOL

Which reminds me girls I had a dream last night about Snakes in my garage. LOL I don't have a garage so that made it even more ridiculous! LOL The weird
thing about this dream was it had my son's family in it with me and the all hate spiders and snakes. It was like these snakes weren't poisonous but they
would almost fly at you (and they came in all sizes babies to Adult) and they would attach themselves to the warmth of your body and wouldn't let you
go unless a whole group of people helped pull them off of you. Oh, the things we dream sometimes!!! I am not one to often remember my dreams but
this one was just too over the top...so I guess that is why I remember it so vividly this morning.

Sabrina...so glad that you are learning to pace yourself better and back out of things when you get too much on your plate. There is such Freedom in learning to say "NO"...that once you learn that Lesson it does become easier and easier. So, good for YOU, Girl! Proud of you!

Judy...where have you been hiding out and what have you been doing. It's always too quiet when you are not here more often.

Expecting a Quiet Day today. My son is watching his wife compete in a Obstacle-Coarse Race today. There is so much going on with this whole Eclipse
Weekend. Protests Downtown Portland too. I swear Seattle and Portland have almost weekly Protests for one cause or another. It gets really OLD fast!
This one did stay Peaceful...which was truly nice to see, for a change.

Well, not much going on today. Hubby and youngest Son both had good results from their medical procedures Thurs. and Fri. so I was happy about that.

I need to go spend some time with Papa God. More Later Girlies. Have a Fabulous Day!!!

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2017 :  1:24:17 PM  Show Profile
Hi all! Just jumping on here real quick to give hugs and then I need to keep running around like a chicken with my head cut off. Been working a lot on school planning. I'm using Prairie Primer (a unit study based on the Little house books) for my 6, 8, 10, and 11 yo the year for their reading/literature. i finished planning the first two books, which will take us up through the week of Thanksgiving. We will be taking off that week through all of December, for both the holidays, and for the delivery (and recovery) of Jenni. Did I tell you ladies I have to have a c-section? Pretty bummed, but am now working towards finding an OB that will work with me to have a "gentle cesarean." Yup - I'm 26 weeks and still do not have an OB!!! My weight gain has been great - I'm actually 20 pounds lighter than when I first got pregnant, I check my blood sugar every week or two and that has been great, and she moves around wonderfully, so I'm not too overly concerned, but I would like to get established soon with SOMEONE! Today we are headed to a picnic... it is with the homeschool group in the area. I'm hoping to join and become active in the group to help us get out more and get the kids around more children. Our church doesn't seem to have too many their ages! Well the older kids' ages anyways ;) Alright I'm headed back to working more on planning civics. We will spend the year looking at the American Government... I'm not overly enthused, but am trying to make it more interesting for their... and my... sakes!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2017 :  2:46:11 PM  Show Profile
Hi gals.My youngest Air Force nephew, from CA.,left this morning. He had been doing some work in FL and had some leave-time to use up so he took it and went to see Patsy for a few days and came to OH. to see all of us for a week, so it's been nice and busy. He and my niece's hubby put a small roof on out patio out back which helps with the sun problem. Now Dave won't have to crawl up there and mess with the temporary roof each spring and fall. It's so nice to use the patio again. It's been 3 years since we've used it. We would just sit on our front porch in our rockers like a couple of 'Senile Citizens' and made the best of it. But now we have our back patio set up and can sit out there at night and enjoy the summer nights. It's great! So we've had the nieces and nephews around and ate out there, played(our version)of badminton and just had fun with them. Our version of that game is any kind of racket you can find at Goodwill, be it tennis, badminton, Squash, Plastic mesh... whatever and NO keeping score. Just get out there in the yard and whale-e-ate the snot out of those poor birdies and just run, jump, pivot, backhand... whatever it takes to whack that thing and get some 'jiggle-off-my-wiggle!" Do ya get that? Hahaha We had a blast. Laughed so hard, tears ALMOST ran down my legs! Snorted a lot too! My kind of fun!
We've had a few 80 degree days but humidity was 89%. Awful stuff. Today though, the humidity left and it was 75. I'm thinking fall isn't far off. Almanac finally predicted our winter weather and said our area would have normal temps but more snow than usual. Suits me. Last year snow was scarce. Ohio w/o snow just ain't...well...Ohio! We love us some snow!
So that's what's been going on here.
Have a great evening Gals! Love yuns!
Good to see you again Cheryl! 'mon back, ya hear?

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Aug 21 2017 08:38:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2017 :  5:15:30 PM  Show Profile
Cheryl, Fast Freddie should keep you spider free.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2017 :  8:59:19 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
hello there dearies,

You will be glad to know that I did NOT forget I was tea queen this month and this week you should all receive yours.

Peggy: Loved that snake skin story. to funny. Glad that things turned out for your hubby and son.

Tammy: Your butterflies have quite the character from the pics you shared. Amazing what you can see in a picture.

Was glad my youngest son brought down his older sister and family to visit for 2 days. They came in on Wed.afternoon and left Sat. before noon. The BIGGEST surprise was that they brought Jared with them! So all 3 boys got to see each other and so did the 2 girls.. this was one happy mama.They all helped me do things that needed done. Love was flowing freely..was a wonderful time for a reunion. We had a fire 2 nights in a row, sat and talked each other's legs off. lol Had good bbq one afternoon. My oldest son, Jason brought his grill and did burgers, hot dogs and sausages (several kinds). I made potato salad and pasta salad and had baked beans from a can. If you left hungry it was your own fault.I baked him a german chocolate cake and we celebrated his 40th birthday. We drank gallons of tea, because according to the kids, "no one makes it like mama." Plus, we had some scorcher weather, being in the 90s during the day and almost 70 at night.

Made me feel good to have room for everybody in the house. We used air mattresses, the couch, a futon and the a/c never felt better.

My house sounds empty til I find what furniture I want. Yesterday, I got 2 7 foot high bookcases to go with my recliner couch and tv in the living room. My bedroom has my bed in it, that's it, because I have a huge walk in closet that holds all my clothes. 2 bedrooms are empty and the other is my craft room..definitely not empty..lol My dining room has table and chairs, that's it. My kitchen needs a kitchen island, which I would love to have marble or granite top on a wood base. Not finding anything I want online. Top needs to be 3x5 feet. Someone said I should check Ikea..

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2017 :  08:41:16 AM  Show Profile
WOW!!! Sissy came out to play! Yeaaaa!!!Hi Sissy! *waving madly*
I have an old farmers Almanac calendar and this is for today:
My theory on housework is, if the item doesn't multiply, smell, catch on fire or block the refrigerator door, let it be. No one cares. Why should I? Erma Bombeck

Love it Erma! R.I.P. funny lady!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Aug 21 2017 08:46:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2017 :  11:00:02 AM  Show Profile
Well My Lovely Porchies are comen home for a little check-in.

Patsy...the One and Only visiting-est Farmgirl I know! So glad to have you on The Porch Girl. Hope you brought Plenty of that requested
Mama's Iced Tea!!! We could all use a Thirst Quench! You didn't say for sure but I am Hoping it is Sweet Tea! ~ Will be looking for your
Tea Pkg dear friend. Glad your life is finally settling down a bit.

Just got back from looking at The Sun Eclipse. I am in the Path of Totality but it didn't go totally black. Close enough with the sliver I saw.
People have been crazy around here...buying up all the $1.99 Eclipse Glasses and selling them for $20.00 to $30.00 bucks a pop. Big ol' Scammers!!
Anyway, I could just walk outside my Apartment and see the Eclipse Perfectly. Which was nice...didn't have to go anywhere. People where bused in from all over the Country and then flew in from Japan, South America etc etc but still we didn't have the Night Mare Traffic the News kept telling us we would have. Only down in Madras Oregon...where the traffic was so backed up it too 6 hours to go 30 miles. LOL Now that would be a nightmare for sure.

Judy...I thought that is how everyone played Badminton. LOL No, just joshing...but it sounds like a riot of FUN. And glad you got your back Porch Roof put on. How nice is that huh? I love sitting outside at night on mine. So cool and comfortable that is for sure. Judy, I couldn't agree more with your
Almanac quote by Erma Bombeck. I'm adopting that attitude today and who cares what anyone says. If they don't like it...they can clean it, move it or whatever!! I need a lazy day. Yesterday was busy with my son and grandkids, the day before I was hauling Patrick everywhere to get help with his gout.
Nobody can seem to find anything that helps him. He gave up beer and red meat and fish and he is still having horrible gout flares.

Shannon...are you still having oodles of company or has that finally slowed down? Everyone is kicking into School Schedules and lots of projects. I am
just trying to kick into the Dog Days Of Summer...as my dog seems to have the right idea, sleep, eat, pee and repeat! LOL Today I plan to just relax and do the same thing myself.

Well, I'm off to start doing nothing but reading and playing Yahtzee on my phone. And maybe eating some junk food too!!! LOL

Do something FUN today...as there isn't much Summer left.

Love, Smiles and Shenanigans,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2017 :  12:40:06 PM  Show Profile
Patsy, got my tea package. Thanks a lot. Love the tuck, one of my favorites.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

Shi-anne
True Blue Farmgirl

596 Posts

Cheryl
Ada OK
USA
596 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2017 :  1:11:09 PM  Show Profile
Hey Lady in Red ~ Peggy Ann, have Patrick try Black Cherry Juice Concentrate. You will need to purchase this from a health food store or possibly Whole Foods. He will need to take about 1 1/2 tsp. once a day. His gout will be greatly improved with s few days. An 8 oz bottle is around $5.00. It can also be ordered from Swanson's.

https://www.swansonvitamins.com/dynamic-health-black-cherry-concentrate-16-fl-oz-liquid?otherSize=DYH002

Edited by - Shi-anne on Aug 21 2017 1:13:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shi-anne
True Blue Farmgirl

596 Posts

Cheryl
Ada OK
USA
596 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2017 :  1:40:45 PM  Show Profile
So how was the eclipse in your part of the country? It was kind of a bust here in Oklahoma, at least in our area.

I did make a fresh pot of coffee, in honor of the solar show. Help yourselves to a cup. I've been trying to make myself get up and prepare some type of dessert. I want a lemon pound cake. DH had rather have banana pudding. I'm sure he will win! :)

I used to love Erma Bombeck!!! Our local paper carried her column.

I need to get busy, but think I'll try to get rid of this slightly annoying headache first.

You gals have an awesome evening!

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2017 :  5:34:46 PM  Show Profile
Hey Yall,
How are you? My school viewed the eclipse today as we were in the totality and can I just say God is extraordinary in His handiwork? It was totally awesome and did get dark in our neck of the woods and the temps cooled down. It was so very cool.

Patsy got your lovely tea package today. Thank you

Peggy I am starting to wonder about you and these creepy crawly things lol...snakes freak me out worse than spiders lol

Oh yall I forgot to tell you last week one of my butterflies grandpa came to visit and share his knowledge of artichokes with us since it is his grandson's favorite food. I was brave and tried it...that is big for me since I am not a big veggie eater at ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I was surprised. It didn't taste too bad. His grandpa lives in California and he said next time I come I will share my knowledge of asparagus. I believe we have a star in the making.

well I suppose I should get ready for school tomrromow and have my quiet time with Jesus. Yall have a great night.
love and blessings,
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2017 :  6:24:16 PM  Show Profile
Our eclipse was weak since we weren't in the path. BUT I was amazed at the silence. All the animals were quiet. Almanac said they would be. The temperature dropped some too by about 5 or 6 degrees. It was eerily yellow/greenish. I thought it was going to storm until Patsy called and said, "eclipse time." I said, 'Oh yea that's today." Lol I was doing laundry so I was sidetracked.
Sissy, I got my tea package today too. Nice!! Thank you!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2017 :  1:02:44 PM  Show Profile
Patsy...I got my Tea Package Yesterday. Thank you so much!!! The tuck was one of my favorites!!!

Teacher Tammy...so glad that your entire class got to see the Eclipse. Great experience for all your Butterflies. Hubby & I
enjoyed it too. One thing I keep thinking about is how awful it would be if The Holy Spirit was taken from this World...it
would be like a Solar Eclipse...only the darkness would remain and evil would prevail over everything and everyone. WOW...
now that is a scary Thought indeed.

Judy...I LOL that you forgot about the Eclipse. That is ALL the World has been talking about for days, weeks and this year. LOL
We did Not go totally dark nor did we feel a drop in Temp. but those that did experience it thought it was really cool. We had just a
fingernail size sliver of light at the end. And it was close to full Totality but not quite there.

I am having a really rough day girls and could use your prayers. It is one of those times when I am just Overwhelmed and would be totally
fine if the Lord just called me home. I want to cry, scream and run away. I just feel like I need a break from my own LIFE. And i hate
feeling this way.

Have a Good Day...

Hugs,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2017 :  5:50:06 PM  Show Profile
Only have a minute - crazy around here like always!!
I got my tea package Patsy - thank you! Love the tuck :)

I have some pictures to share, but I have to get to supper so it'll have to wait.
Hugs to all!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page