Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2017 :  6:17:00 PM  Show Profile
Heather I got the tea package!

Well I got into a local doctor who I liked ok....they called with my lab results and my thyroid results are wonky...there isn't a better way to explain it they are just all over the place. These thyroid results indicate adrenal fatigue which wouldn't surprise me really but I don't know what to do about it. I'm already trying to take things off my plate but I have five kids and a deployed husband so sleeping/resting more and reducing stress isn't really possible. I'm sure I'll figure something out but it is frustrating.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2017 :  7:32:27 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Judy and Peggy <3

Judy - so glad Dave's mom is doing better! Hoping the acupuncturist helps!!!

Sabrina - I get it!!!! my one adrenal gland that I have left isn't working... my thyroid isn't working... my liver isn't working... nothing seems to be working!!! I've started taking some supplements that help... but really hope this herbalist can help me more! I don't want to treat the issues, but rather heal my body so my body can treat the issues itself. Big task, and not a quick fix... but a lasting one! Thankfully Brad does not deploy any more... but is gone 12 hours a day, five days a week, with no pay! It sucks! Between homeschool, homesteading, gardening, planning school, and this pregnancy, not to mention stressing over money, I'm probably doing more damage than good... but where do I cut back? I've quit everything I can... I've even cut way back on my blog... I do swaps to keep myself sane and do something for me! Hang in there! I'm praying for you! You know how to reach me <3

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2017 :  12:59:24 AM  Show Profile
Judy...see...even you are a Poet!! LOL And you told me you had no talent! LOL Your humor is your best talent. You
keep us all in stitches! And we need lots of laughter...it's Good Medicine. So, see you are just oozing talent My Friend!
I really have called Snickers "WolfMan Jack" for the last 6 years. That is what he reminds minds me of. The Chunky Monkey
just started this year. I just painted a Scotty Terrier on a Rock tonight. Yes, I'm trying my hand at Rock Painting. Our
Vancouver Community has a rock painting club. You paint rocks and then hide them around the City for people to find just
to brighten up their day. I just started a month ago. I am NOT artistic so mine are pretty amateurish. There are some
really talented Artists in the Group. I would rather color in color books myself. But My Bestie Patti talked me into trying
it with her. We had fun one night with it. Then Patrick started painting them and he and I would do them at night. I did do
a really cool Veggie Tale Bob and Larry for my Grandson. I will have to post some and show you guys. No laughing though!
Wow Dave's Mom just is having a tough go of it. Still keeping her in my prayers.

Sabrina...so sorry that you are having health issues too. If both you and Shannon have Fibro...your Adrenals are shot! Plus
having so many babies takes it's own tole on the body. By my third one I could not carry my forth to term and miscarried and
had to have a hysterectomy. The Dr. said that my uterus had been like a water logged sponge and it was a good thing he removed
it. I had wanted one more but my body was just done...and I had my 3 boys 4 to 5 years apart. I wasn't having them so close
together like you and Shannon have. Listen to your bodies girls and try to get them healthy!

Heather...I got my Tea Pkg today...thank You! It was the only FUN thing in my Mail Box! Loved Everything Girl!!! Thank YOU so Much
for doing such a good job!!!

I got my 10,000 steps in today. No rain...Yahoo! It was great to get out there and enjoy a nice evening. My expensive walking
shoes are wonderful except for one teeny tiny thing...they make my feet hot on the bottoms. I might have to put a gel innersole
in them. But no leg or foot pain...which is a blessing!

Have a Wonderful Weekend Girls and do something FUN!!!

Love, Hugs, and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Love The People God gave you...
Because He will need them back one day!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 29 2017 01:03:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2017 :  4:50:09 PM  Show Profile
Yes definitely adrenal issues. I had made so much progress a few years ago but the stress I dealt with living in Germany and the lack of ability to monitor my health there plus the pregnancy and move all together has done its damage. I'm trying to reduce my outside commitments as much as possible as quickly as possible. But like you said Shannon, kids, homeschooling, farm, etc there is only so much to cut...I am cutting back on my blog as well but still doing some. not doing swaps at the moment because I don't have time to make stuff!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2017 :  07:55:25 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies! Peggy was starting to send out the posse so I'm jumping on quickly to let ya know I'm alive and well - just super busy. Jasper slept all night last night! Totally amazing. I woke up about 4 though and couldn't get back to sleep so I'm dragging horribly - not good when I need to keep up with lil man and he is in trouble mode (of course lol) plus I have a full day of things I need to get done. He's already taken the nipple off his bottle and dumped grape juice on my recliner to start the day.

Heather - the pictures of the calves were super cute! I got your tea package - can't wait to try the teas.

Sabrina - what did you do for your adrenal issues? I tried supplements but didn't have much luck and can't get them here, I'd have to mail order. I know mine are severely fatigued. I'm working on de-stressing.

With Jasper in trouble mode I didn't get much read so I'll try to get back on later and read and respond.

Brief update - I'm hoping to get a CSM position at Walmart, full time, and if I do I plan on quitting the law firm. Eccentric is one thing, but this guy is a total jerk. His assistant over me is too, she's angry all the time and I get the brunt of it. What I thought was a divine job is proving to be anything but unfortunately. She decided to go on vacation the same time he'll be gone for 2 weeks for a trip to Alaska so now they're trying to decide if they'll be shutting down (2 weeks of no pay for me) or if they'll have me come in and just answer the phones. The shutting the office down and my not getting paid for it has been an issue since I started but never this many days. Pet sitting is starting to pick back up, which is good. I had a client this weekend.

Okay got to go, he's into the kleenex box lol

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Farmgirl of the Month November 2016
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Prairie Critter Pet Sitter
"Pampered care for your pet"
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2017 :  3:16:00 PM  Show Profile
Happy rainy Sunday ladies,
WE have had downpours for the last few days. Had water in my basement. It has been a long week. Granddaughter was in hospital for asthma attack and went home finally on Wednesday. My sweet mama is having her own health issues and doesn't listen to me well, so I breathe and say many prayers. She is going back to the dr. tomorrow. She had severe reaction to some meds they put her on. I was gone from school for two days for professional development and yikes I have been playing catch up all week. Hopefully this week will be calmer

Heather got your tea package thank you

Peggy keeping your hubby in prayer and you and your sons. Know it is hard but God is walking with you.

Shannon happy belated birthday

Becky so glad to hear from you

Judy I can hear your giggles and love that so glad you got some sissy time.

well time for tea and rest before the week begins.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2017 :  3:58:41 PM  Show Profile
Sorry I missed a couple of birthdays too - hope they were good ones.

Darlene - Mom is doing OK, and I will be taking her back to Vermont in 2 weeks. She is determined to try staying alone up there for the summer months, so I don't think I have any choice but to let her try. I'll be going back up in mid-June for my high school reunion, so will be able to check on her again then and see if she is really doing OK. Maybe we could meet up sometime after I get back from Vermont in early June - it sure would be nice to meet another farm girl friend!

Hope everyone had a great Sunday. We just went for a ride and relaxed. Nothing else much new here in Northeast PA.

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2017 :  5:03:17 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, good luck with getting a less stressful job. I hope you get paid if you are answering the phone. If not, its time to talk to the labor board. Jasper is a hand full.

April is going out like a lion this year, it came in like one too. I think it was a lion all month.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2017 :  7:16:15 PM  Show Profile
Happy SonDay evening Gals!
We went to my nieces to see Patsy and her and Blaize. It rained off n on all day, then the sun came out. It got muggy. Too early for that. We took a couple of walks in between showers. It was nice to see them again.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The serious go through life blowing far too few raspberries!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2017 :  7:21:23 PM  Show Profile
Hi My Lovely Ladies...had a nice day here. Not hot by any means but sunny and not rainy.
Spent time with Papa God this morning, spent time with my husband after Church, then my kids called
and Elijah wanted Grandma to come shopping with them...so I went to a couple of stores with them and
then came home and went on my 10,000 step walk. Have to get those in while the weather is nice. I gained
ll lbs back not walking for 5 months and a lot of inches back too. Last year I was focused on getting my
health back and this year I am more focused on My Spiritual Health. So, I am not beating myself up if I
can't get 5 miles in a day. I just try to make sure I walk some everyday. The best I can do with living
in The Rain Forest over here. LOL Just so Crazy!!! We are suppose to have a pretty decent week this week
so I am hoping Elijah and I finally can get back to our Grandma Days over here once a week. We are suppose
to be close to 80 on Wed. so we are shooting for that day! And we are both excited!

Teacher Tammy...it is hard when your parents start having health issues. I don't know what I will do with my mom
once her health totally goes. She just turned 84 last week and so far she is able to still live alone. Is your
dad still alive? ~ Sounds like you had a hectic week. Sorry, you have had the heavy rain too. Nothing better than
curling up with a good book and tea when that happens. When do you get out of school for the Summer? My Bible Study
ends next Thursday until Sept. We finished our Beth Moore study early and everyone is so busy in May around here
that I just decided not to do a fill in through May like I usually do.

Prairie Tammy...so good to have you on The Porch. You sound really busy though. Sorry, your dream job hasn't turned out
quite so dreamy! It sounds like the WalMart Job will be a good step up with probably a lot less stress and then your pet sitting job...
probably gets much busier during the Summer Months right? Well, Jasper sounds like he is ALL boy! Keeping you hopping. So glad
that he is finally sleeping through the night! That has to be a major relief! ~ Well, come back more...we miss you!

Luanne...Hi! You have to be a little nervous about your mom going home for the summer. Hopefully, she will do fine. She probably
has neighbors that will watch after her. Everything gets complicated when we have to start caring for our parents. Praying for you!
Enjoy your summer! and your Class ReUnion!

Well, I'm tired and I think I am going to go relax. Hubby is resting, the dog is asleep and my son is off enjoying the sunshine too.
It's nice and quiet at the moment. I have to take advantage of it!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - May 03 2017 :  07:01:00 AM  Show Profile
Tammy- Last time I had adrenal issues I didn't really do anything in particular for those. I changed to a better quality multi vitamin, changed my thyroid medicine, took iron and an adrenal suppliment (but I found out later that suppliment isn't good becuase it replaces adrenal hormones so your adrenals won't try to recover). But I did that for my thyroid and when my thyroid situation improved my adrenals improved. I also changed my diet around that time to a more whole foods diet.

Now my adrenals are going but my thyroid is decently managed. It is from too high levels of stress for too long. I am taking adrenal cocktail (4oz Orange juice, 1/4 tsp cream of tartar and pinch of salt), and just ordered supplies to make nettle infusion and sole. I'm looking into iodine. I am also taking Hylands bioplasma and taking iron again (my iron is regularly low I wouldn't do this without knowing my iron is low though). I am trying to reduce stress as much as possible, slowly cutting back on sugar and caffeine, resting when I can and doing very gentle exercises. That is my game plan. I will let you know if it helps!!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 03 2017 :  08:48:16 AM  Show Profile
Sabrina, I'm Praying for you and rooting for you. I'm soooo into natural healing and I would like to see everybody go that route. We are so able to do the right thing, eat right, leave the junk food alone, eat the good stuff God has provided for us, take a walk(go Peggy go) when stressed..... on and on and on.... and I'm just as guilty... yell at myself all the time....BUT...we also are human and we do dumb things to ourselves... we know better... but we do them anyhow. In the springtime, I say...ooooo fresh veggies, fruit, good stuff... then I eat a handful of chips... after a piece of fruit though, mind you, I at least have good intensions. *giggle* But we need to encourage each other more. I'm feeling a heavy weight on my chest just hearing about my sweet sisters and your troubles with health issues. I know we are all getting older(nobody gets younger), we slow down or we have so many people to look after in our homes and lives. Maybe I'm just Preaching to myself here... God knows He's always poking me and saying, "PUT THAT DOWN! DON'T EAT THAT!WHATS WRONG WITH YOU? DIDN'T I JUST TELL YOU THIS LAST WEEK?" Ya know?... God is so patient with me. I just want to take a moment to say, "Thank You God for NOT turning your back on me(a hard head)," I'm so bull-headed, He knows it, He knows me! HE KNOWS ME!! Isn't that a great feeling? HE KNOWS US!! All of us! He wants to really take care of all of us! And wants us to encourage each other!

WOW!!! Why did I just feel Spirit-led to write all that? I'm tingling all over! Hmmm....
I feel like I've been to a different style of church! A health-club church! Hmmm.....
Maybe somebody has something to add to my ramblings....
*Praying for my Sistas*

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - May 03 2017 :  10:17:52 AM  Show Profile
I some times wonder if the foods I ate in the past, and how I was raised plays a part in my health now. I was raised the best my parents knew... on canned, boxed, and frozen prepared foods. My bed room was in the basement... that flooded and molded constantly. After getting married, I prepared boxed foods as well... It wasn't until our second child was borderline autistic and aspergers that we started looking into foods... and then we discovered taking him off gluten helped tremendously! Thankfully, I have always loved to cook, so we embraced cooking from scratch. After my 4th child was born and she reacted extremely negatively to vaccinations as a baby, then at 20 months had meningitis and encephalitis, we started eating even more healthy... we threw out SO MUCH food and replaced it with organic foods, grass-fed beef, and healthy fats. I also started looking into herbs and essential oils. We eat pretty healthy now... but the damage has been done!!!

For my overall health, I take cod liver oil, desiccated liver pills (great way to increase iron as I am EXTREMELY anemic!), and I use iodine (most people who have switched to celtic sea salt are iodine deficient, as we are not using iodized salts!) For my adrenal I take rhodalia, cordyceps, and astragalus. I'm interested in seeing what she adds!!!

Judy - I have recently been reading Joel Salatin's book "The Pixiness of Pigs." He talks about how we as Christians should be the ones fighting for healthier foods, as it is not only good stewardship of our bodies, but also of what He has created! Great read!!! I would LOVE to go to a sermon that preaches this!!! You are right - God is so patient with us... yet there are times I have to picture Him shaking His head, wondering if we will ever learn. Why in the world do we try to create foods that He didn't make... and think they are better than what He did!?!?

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 03 2017 :  2:47:25 PM  Show Profile
AMEN Sister! Tell it like it is! *giggle*

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 03 2017 :  7:13:29 PM  Show Profile
HI My Porchies...Preach the Good Health News Girls!! We do need to encourage each other. These bodies are suppose to be our Temples that house God.
I must say He often lives in the most run down Temple on The Block as we don't take care of ourselves the way we should. I am as guilty as the Rest
with my Chocolate and Sweets Addiction. I give it up for awhile and do well and then boom some stresses come along and I'm diving back into it head
first and mouth wide open. So, frustrating!!!

Well, believe it or not we skip the 70's completely this Spring and jumped 20 degrees today. Yesterday was rainy all day and 61 degrees and today it is sunny and
81. No complaints from this girl...I Love It!!

Had Grandma Day Finally with my Sweet Mr. Elijah. It was so nice...we took Snickers for a walk and Elijah rode his scooter, then checked the mail, then came back
and played in the Playground area! Then we Came in and went out on The Porch and sat and talked and ate an Ice-Cream Bar each and 2 cookies. Then we came in and
hit all Grandma's Easter Eggs (I kept them out for him in his toy box). We must have hid and found them 6 times each. It was so fun. Then mommy and sissy came
back to get Elijah and they stayed for an hour. Sissy decided she is afraid of Snickers which is funny since they own his Brother Brindle and Brindle is the
ornery one of the two and mine is the gentle Old Man. LOL By the time they were ready to leave she was at least walking around and not freaking out. She is so
adorable and every bit as a go getter as Elijah. Two Peas in a Pod...those two are.

Then they left and Grandma took a Nap! LOL I had been up since 7:00 as I wanted to clean the Bathroom, and vacuum the floors before he got here. I also got my
Daily Devotional Done and my 21 Day Spiritual Challenge done. So, I have had a full day!!

My hubby had a Cardiologist Appointment today while Elijah was here...so I couldn't go with him. We found out that he had had a 25 hour Life threatening-deFib episode that night that they detected something on his Defibrillator. So they have added a blood thinner to his regiment of pills. They said he could have started throwing blood clots and
it could have caused a Major Stroke. So...who knows...God must have been watching over him very well that night because Larry felt nothing.

Believe it or not he went and Got hearing aids two days ago and he can hear so much better. He turned the TV on last night and only had the sound on 32 and he use to put it up to 90 something. Now he has my hearing shot from listening to it so loudly for so long...I told him to turn the sound up a bit for me. I had to go to 37. And so far they only
have his hearing aids at 50% capacity. Amazing!

Well, I better go check FB and my emails girls. More Later Gaters!

Love, Hugs, and Blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 03 2017 7:14:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - May 04 2017 :  1:11:40 PM  Show Profile
My iris are blooming nicely now. Thought you'd enjoy them as much as I do. Our weather is going crazy too. We have a chance of frost and freezing over the week-end. I'll have to cover plants and bring in pots I guess.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - May 06 2017 :  5:56:56 PM  Show Profile
Had a bit of rain Thursday, Friday and this morning. The rivers swelled but not too badly. They are receding nicely. The rain is needed here as well as many other places. It's suppose to turn cold again with frost and freeze warnings. Guess I'll be bring in plants and covering things in the garden. Glad I held out on tomatoes etc.
Hope you ladies have a super weekend.
Hugs and prayers

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

NAGarcia
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

Natalie
Gresham OR
USA
102 Posts

Posted - May 06 2017 :  7:17:42 PM  Show Profile
Can anybody jump on in here? I've got a nice rocking chair and a pitcher of mimosas....

Natalie

Farmgirl Sister #7004 May 2016
^*^ We are the weirdos, mister. ^*^
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - May 06 2017 :  7:40:56 PM  Show Profile
Everyone can jump on here especially with mimosas.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 06 2017 :  8:33:11 PM  Show Profile
Hi Natalie, oooo mimosas, thank you! Please, tell us a little about yourself Natalie.
Ya, we are having day after day of soft rain or misting and it's 40's and 50's...in the daytime.
I feel like I'm in England.
Time to get my wellies and my big, yellow rain slicker out. Hahaha
Starting tomorrow we are suppose to warm up a little and the sun is going to finally
Shine... or so 'they' say! *giggle*

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

NAGarcia
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

Natalie
Gresham OR
USA
102 Posts

Posted - May 06 2017 :  10:04:36 PM  Show Profile
Uh, me....Well, I joined the Sisterhood a year ago and then kinda fell off the map with the job I had. I don't think I've done hardly anything in the realm of "me time" since August. But I quit, cuz it sucked, so I'm back.

I am a random mix of things that make people look at me weird - goth look, farmgirl attitude, bibliophile, history nerd, mom, wife, singer, witch. I listen to Marilyn Manson while I cross stitch. My hair has been just about every color imaginable. I swear like a sailor but cry at movies. And I pour a mean mimosa - OJ and peach champagne.

Natalie

Farmgirl Sister #7004 May 2016
^*^ We are the weirdos, mister. ^*^
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - May 07 2017 :  08:29:21 AM  Show Profile
Good morning dear Porches <3 It is a BEAUTIFUL morning here in Wyoming! I think everyone is starting to feel better (we had a stomach bug and had to cancel all our Jubilee celebrations this weekend, so we celebrated by ourselves!). We were able to have our windows open last night and woke up this morning to the birds singing. As we are not going to make it to church (didn't want to put littles in nursery in case they are still contagious!), we have been singing along with youtube to some of our favorite songs, and having Praise and Worship time at home :)

Sorry I got a little "preachy" about the foods we chose to eat! I get pretty passionate about that! It is so frustrating for me though, because we eat really healthy, and yet I am terribly unhealthy!!! I'm probably reaping the effects of years ago though... Grrr.

Peggy - I am so sorry your hubby is having so many issues!!! Glad to hear the hearing aids are working so well though!

Nora - your irises are beautiful!!!!! We have some plants coming up that I have no idea what they are!!! If they are some type of flower, and bloom, I'll try to post pictures... or I'll email them to someone. For some reason, they don't seem to work for me posting!

Natalie - welcome back to the "Farm" and to the Porch!!! I must admit I've never had a mimosa! My sister in law says I need to try one!

Judy - I miss my 40s and 50s day temps! We've been upper 70s and 80s, and I never thought I would think that is hot, but I do! Such silliness! We looked up South Carolina yesterday, and next week they are suppose to be in the 90s and who knows what humidity! And here I am saying upper 70s and low 80s is hot, hahahaha!!!

Well my dear porches, for breakfast we are having Allergy friendly cinnamon rolls, sausage links, and fruit salad (nectarines, blueberries, and strawberries). So I'm leaving all of you some to go with the mimosas <3

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 07 2017 :  10:19:06 AM  Show Profile
Shannon, I like hearing about your love of pure and natural... and you do it all now for your babies. They need good food. Back when I was a kid, that just meant home grown/home cooked. Our air was good, our water was good... It's a shame what's happened to our ground and water since then.*sigh*
I have to admit, I still like cooler climates with less sun. Since I have to cover up to keep from burning or getting sunstroke, I get so hot, so I prefer more cloudy days.* sigh*
Natalie, thanks for sharing all that. WOW! Your plate is full girl! You must be young. Half of us here are 60 and up ... so we don't have that kind of energy anymore. Oh, we still have our energy(spurts)but nothing crazy...well... Peggy does have a purple streak in her hair... so, she's the bold one in our crowd. Hahaha
You sound adventurous... I admire that. I'm too settled and logical. ALWAYS been the logical one!
That's what I love about this site... so many different kinds of women... yet a lot alike. Gotta love that!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - May 07 2017 :  4:04:15 PM  Show Profile
Natalie, I love cross stitching also. I mostly do it in front of the tv or on the front porch in warm weather.
I've put all my hanging baskets up next to the house on the front porch, hoping that the cold snap doesn't get them. I walked down by the cherry trees and they are loaded. I am hoping that we don't get frost and it ruins them. The raspberries are blooming on the creek bank. I hope all the fruit doesn't get ruined.
Shannon, can't wait to see your flowers.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - May 07 2017 :  8:46:14 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies. It's been beautiful here this weekend! Temps in the 70's and sunny, absolutely wonderful. Of course I missed it yesterday as I had to work all day :O( I made up for it today with a lot of outdoor time though. I'm surprised I got as much done as I did after I pulled a muscle in my back this morning first thing.

Today's Projects:
* Went to Menards and got a window box planter for me and a couple plants for Matt's deck planters.
* Went to Walmart and got rest of plants we needed.
* Planted Matt's deck boxes (7 of them)
* Matt mounted my window box and I planted it
* Laundry (5 loads)
* Put up curtain rod and lace panels on window in living room
* Cleaned house

I have a full week with 2 clients I'll be dog sitting. One starts Monday for five days and the other Thursday for five days.

Had a scare this week. Came home from work and had just put Jasper to bed when I heard this horrible grinding noise that kept getting louder - realized it was the sump pump so went down to check on it and the thing was smoking! Unplugged it since I had no clue what else to do. Unfortunately ended up with some water in basement because of it but not much. It's been damp since the snow melted so I may need to buy a fan and put down there to help dry it. Rental company sent a plumber out the next day and he tried to claim I'd "bumped it" while down there and it couldn't drop which was why it was grinding. I tried to tell him I had not been down there at all that night and furthermore I hadn't been down there at all that day but he didn't listen so I know have to keep an eye on it and listen for problems.

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Farmgirl of the Month November 2016
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Prairie Critter Pet Sitter
"Pampered care for your pet"
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page