Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2016 :  11:59:11 AM  Show Profile
Hi Peg, we were typing at the same time. Glad you had fun at Christmas with your family. Thrilled to hear you could wear your sweater too(med)WOW! Good for you. We went to Dave's moms Friday and my nieces, Saturday to spend the day with them and patsy. Sunday I was alone because Dave worked. I was glad for a recovery day. I had been sick Friday night, dunno why, Dave said stress, but it hit at midnight and was gone by 2AM. Flu-like symptoms! Strange! Slept till noon Sunday and today. Felt good... so it could just be stress. I miss Mama when we spent Christmas quietly together.* sigh* I don't do loud crowds well.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The serious go through life blowing far too few raspberries!"
"Broken cookies don't have calories!"
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1016 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1016 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2016 :  2:18:39 PM  Show Profile
Hi PeggyAnn
Yesterday wasn't too bad I only got my bum muddy. One time however, I got more muddy than Vinny Gambino after sleeping in the Caddy all night with Lisa DeVito during the rain storm in the Alabama wilderness. It had just rained and ground was too soft and down I went and again and again. Took 3 or 4 tries to get up. Had to walk home like that. I was already with a kitty or puppy rescue story just in case A neighbor spied me. Hubby didn't even ask just laugh and said "Tumbleweed rides again".

TW

The fun begins where the pavement ends!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2016 :  4:26:19 PM  Show Profile
Oh Nancy... God love ya girl... You crack me up!!! Rofl(just picturing it all)hahahahahaha

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2016 :  4:27:55 PM  Show Profile
....and where did you find that cup cozy? I want one! *giggle*

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1016 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1016 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2016 :  5:27:49 PM  Show Profile
Hi Judy
Got the koozie at my local Winco market. When I saw it had to buy it.

TW

Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1016 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1016 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2016 :  07:43:35 AM  Show Profile
Good morning Ladies.
Tried to go to work this morning. Got dressed made my lunch. Drove to my SB for a gingerbread soy latte and a French biscuit. Got back in the car sorta. Got tangled up getting in and spilled a good part of the latte all over me. I just couldn't go to work looking like that for my clients. Decided I needed to stay home. It is 41 degrees outside and sunny. Will have to take my Shylo out. She has already figured out that I am not going to work and is bugging me for a walk. Oh and the toothbrush rug I bought from Prarie Gypsy Tammy was delivered last night. It is absolutely lovely. So excited to get it.

TW

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2016 :  09:54:36 AM  Show Profile
Nancy...Oh, you bought Prairie Tammy's Beautiful Rug! You Lucky Dog You!!! I love the Colors in that one! So Pretty! Where are you going to put it?
If it was me I would hang it on my wall for Decor and never walk on it...but I'm Crazy like that. A friend of mine made Larry and Me two really
adorable Crochetted Placemats for our Table and we have never once eaten off them...but I do use them to decorate with in the Fall Months.
She thinks I'm Crazy too. LOL I too love your cup koozie...too FUNNY girl!!! And I must admit...I love a girl who isn't afraid of a little MUD!!!

Judy...I got a beautiful Christmas Card from Patsy. So good to hear from her. ~ I am still not ready to take down my Tree or othe Christmas Decor.
I put it all up a Month before Christmas and it felt like it had only been up a week or two. So...I'm leaving it up until the first of the year
so I can enjoy it all the more. My husband will start complaining pretty soon however. He wasn't at all a Christmas Scrooge this year...which just
blessed my heart completely!!

Well everyone else must be still buried in Holiday Activities or else they are all laying low and breathing deeply and just trying to recooperate
from The Holiday Hecticness and FUN!

More later my Lovely Ladies...I haven't typed up the Tea Swap List Yet...I'm still being a bit Lazy and hurting from the weather! You will all get it
I promise. I am working on my Tea Stuff for January but will not mail out until closer to the end of the Month.

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2016 :  3:20:21 PM  Show Profile
Thought you'd like to see Kayleigh's look-alike.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2016 :  3:42:23 PM  Show Profile
Hello dear Porchies! Hoping everyone's Christmas was lovely!!! We have stayed home the last few days and then ventured out today. Roads were not too bad until we were on our way home... at that point the wind was whipping the snow across the roads! We made it about two car lengths up the driveway... and we got stuck. You should have seen all of us... Hubby carrying the 3 year old, me carrying the 1 year old, and the other five kids, fighting against the wind through the snow drifts around three to four feet deep, trying to get to the house. I can only imagine what a sight we must have been. Hubby went back out and ended up pulling our suburban with his truck. Once he got it up to the house, we went back out there and brought the groceries in. That wind sure did make it more difficult, but I wouldn't trade living here!!! We are trying to make some future plans for where we want to put the chickens, goats, etc. I want to start planning my garden as well.

Nancy - oh how I love your koozie!!! Too funny! I have a funny story for you.... Up until a couple years ago, I use to pass out daily due to a mass on my adrenal gland (it caused my potassium to drop which interrupted my heart rhythm). Anyways, the one day I had been working outside doing yard work, so I was wearing an old torn pair of shorts and a tank top that I would never have worn in public. I ended up with a migraine and headed upstairs to get some medicine and passed out, falling down the steps. I ended up being passed out for around 45 minutes and having a few seizures, to which my oldest called 911. All of that to say - trying to explain to them why my shorts were torn around the waist band and I looked the way I did was a source of embarrassment and later amusement! They were trying to figure out how in the world I managed to tear them falling down the steps, lol.

Peggy - you do such an awesome job organizing the tea swap every year. Thank you!!!

Nora - how old is Kayleigh? I love how well her doll looks like her - and even more so the HUGE delighted smile on her face!!!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2016 :  4:30:41 PM  Show Profile
Shannon, Kayleigh is 10 years old. It must be so exciting to be making all the plans for your farm. Good luck.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1016 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1016 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2016 :  5:02:29 PM  Show Profile
Hi PeggyAnn. I am not sure where I want to place the rug. It is too pretty to put in the kitchen or bathroom but Tammy told me it can be washed and dried in the macines. I will find a place for it. May put in the bedroom. Would be nice to see it first thing each morning.

Hi Nora
Was the doll special made or just special found. How cool the resemblance is.

Oh Shannon, I hope you are ok now. I think I know how you feel. I was in a head on car wreck in 1993. I got knocked out and woke up inside my car with 3 or 4 paramedics attending to me. They had to cut off my clothes to check for injuries. There I lay in my underclothes in front of these young and very good looking public servants. Boy was my face red.

TW

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2016 :  5:41:50 PM  Show Profile
Nancy - She's from Target. Her name was April.
PeggyAnn and Tammy - love the rug.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2016 :  6:57:03 PM  Show Profile
Hi all. Nancy, What a pretty rug. Pasty made me one from a bunch of clothes I had given them and a bunch of clothes that they had worn out... and I used it for my "Prayer-Rug." It was perfect and I never really got it dirty...AND, BONUS... it reminded me to Pray for them too!
Lenora, how fun to have a look-a-like doll! Wow!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2016 :  8:22:37 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Nancy, The rug is beautiful. Love the colors. I love your cup. I will need to find me one if possible. You sound like me. I love the name your husband gave you. So much better than the one that was given to me.

Lenora, Kayleigh and her doll looks so cute together. One lucky little girl to have a doll that looks like her.

Shannon, we will be having some interesting stories surrounding our new places and experiencing the winter for the first time. I have heard about the winters in Wyoming and that was one of the states Paul and I was looking to move to before we chose Maine. Thursday afternoon and into Friday afternoon, we are suppose to have a blizzard. I plan on staying inside and watching all the snow fly from the comforts of my home. Glad to hear that you are okay and made it home safe. Be careful of those snow storms they can get really bad and visibility can become impossible.

Peggy, thank you for hosting the tea swap. This is my first time being a part of it.

Well the boys have finally finished my craft room. The house is almost done. Later on I shall be working in my craft room and cleaning it up and moving in with my stuff. Then I can finally sew, crochet, or whatever I want. I can't wait. Shawn who worked on the room the most did such a fantastic job. I will post pictures after I get moved in. I will post the pictures under New Life found in this section of all the changes that have been done. The house really came out nice and I'll be glad when they are done. So many changes over the last couple of months and it has been long and noisy for the most part. I am sure I shall miss some of the boys working around here as they have been coming every week for two months. Right now I am enjoying the quiet. Hubby is in bed and I am sitting here in the living room, basking in the quiet and peaceful mood of my new house. This road to getting here was long and sometimes I still feel like it is a dream that we are here.

Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Farm Girl of the Month December 2016
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1016 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1016 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2016 :  8:51:53 PM  Show Profile
Hello everybody

Pray for me. Out of 10 workers 5 have their sceduled day off tomorrow. 2 are on vacation. 2 are sick. Wow, that leave me all by my lonesome. I will have to see all clients that come in not just mine. And some clients are Spanish speaking only. I know enough Spanish to get food, ask where the bathroom is and get a beer. I work in the legal field so it is going to be a wild ride tomorrow. Cough cough not feeling so good. I feel a sneeze coming on or is that my nose growing.

TW

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2016 :  2:52:03 PM  Show Profile
Just a quick hello ladies! It has been busy with mom here and trying to get settled in. Our house is great! Our stuff arrived from Germany yesterday so we are busy trying to unpack as much as possibly while mom is still here. Just one more day. It is getting harder and harder for me to do much, normal but frustrating when you have a house full of boxes.

Nancy welcome to the porch.

Sorry seems I missed a lot, I tried to catch up on the reading but can't remember enough to say to everyone. I'll come back later and post more for now I need to go unpack a few more boxes!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2016 :  3:47:17 PM  Show Profile
Nancy, at least the day will go fast. I'm sure will do an excellent job.
Sabrina, glad your stuff finally arrived.
I had to Dolly, the little girl kitten that got dropped at our house right before Christmas, to the vet today. She has been sneezing. She sounded so congested last night, I heated Vick in water on the stove and held her over it. The vet said she just had an upper respiratory infection and it wasn't in her lungs. She gave us medicine and she's been on my lap as much as possible today. She had been so standoffish since she came. Unlike her brother, Winston, who is very social and under feet all the time.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2016 :  5:33:54 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Belated Merry Christmas and early Happy New Year sisters.

Shannon, do the kids like the snow? They sure got a fast lesson. LOL! I love the snow. Everyone my age thinks I'm crazy! Happy memories of days when all us kids were outside all day until dark. Ice skating, sleigh riding, making forts and snow angels. Good memories!

Sabrina, I don't know how you have the energy to do anything let alone unpack everything. Do what you can and then rest. That's what we oldies do! LOL!

Nancy, how did work go?

Peggy, glad all went well for Christmas. Size medium, smarty pants! Good for you !

Judy, even though you miss Mama, you have beautiful memories with her. Not everyone is so lucky. I was missing my Mother today too! I can hear her laughing now. We are lucky to have good memories, aren't we?

Rebecca, I can't have a live tree either. Are you snowed in? Forecast is saying you will be. You might use that generator!

Lenora, cute dolls. Both of them! LOL! Poor kitty! Good kitty mom! Meow!

Tammy, how was Jasper's Christmas? Pretty rug you made!

Cookies and candy on the table for you all to enjoy. I need it out of my site! LOL!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1016 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1016 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2016 :  11:12:41 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone
Sabrina, glad your things arrived and thanks for the welcome.

Nora and Darlene
Work went well for me. We weren't too busy. But I can't say the same for my supervisor. She had to cover while I took lunch. Supervisors don't see clients that much and I think it was a bit overwhelming for her. Just glad it is the weekend and I have three days off. Whew!

TW

Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2016 :  03:59:35 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Darlene, I am glad that at this age that I am not the only one who loves snow. I live close to the road and they are quite good about keeping the road sanded, salted, and plowed. We have a friend who lives just a short distance from us and yesterday he plowed our driveway. So no we are not snowed it. But we did receive about 12" to 14" of snow Thursday/Friday. We have more snow scheduled for tonight till morning. No warning. I was told by the people who have lived here that when winter sets in we are in for the long haul. It is very pretty around here. I have about 10 windows downstairs and 4 windows upstairs that does not afford me a beautiful view.

Nancy I hope you survived your day. I have had a couple of them myself and they can be quite overwhelming. I am sure that you did great.

Sabrina don't overdo it. It can be a large task unpacking, but a little a day without wearing yourself out and before you know it, the job is done. I am finally able to unpack myself and move into my new home. I have lived here for the last 3 months, but they have been doing remodeling and fixing up around here that I was unable to unpack most of what we have. I was able to unpack the essentials and that is about it. Wednesday the boys finished with the first floor and I am able to organize it finally.

Well today is the last day of the month and my honor of being FGOTM. Don't forget to look at the Farmgirl chatter to see who is January's FGOTM.

Have a beautiful day.
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2016 :  07:18:19 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies. I don't work until 11 today so thought I'd catch up.

It's been a busy couple weeks. Jasper is with his mom this weekend. She was supposed to move her stuff out of the apartment yesterday at 12 noon. Texted they would be there at 3. Texted they were eating and would be there at 4. Texted they'd be there at 5. A total day wasted waiting for her and I've heard nothing but complaints from the man. Then the truck supposedly broke a tie rod that they had to fix. When they got the truck to the apartment the entire bed was filled with junk so her and her new boyfriend were in a yelling match about that. Makes us very concerned about Jasper's safety considering his abuse history. In 2 months the only thing she's taken were some of her clothes and her DVDs. I personally told her she either got it out or I'd throw it off the balcony into the snow drifts for her to get because it's become a HUGE safety issue with Jasper trying to climb on the boxes and other crap. There are garbage bags, totes and baskets with tons of stuff that he can get into. Totally unsafe. Jordon needs to get the apartment baby proofed before social services does a walk through. She hasn't lifted a thing to take out when she's gotten stuff before, she makes her friend pack and carry everything for her. She was going to do the same thing and let the guys move everything outside at which point I told her to move her a** and get moving her stuff out, it was her stuff not ours. She was not happy but did motivate.

So to say I'm majorly stressed out is probably an understatement. Please keep me in prayer.

On a positive note, the business is going great! I've gotten several new clients this month and have reservations out to May.

Sabrina - Glad your stuff arrived before the baby arrived. I pray you're able to get everything unpacked before it arrives. I remember how busy you were nesting with the last one at this stage so it's got to be stressful for you to be just starting now.

Nancy - So glad you like the rug. It's difficult selling a piece and hoping the buyer likes it as much as you do. I really did like that rug and the colors but just had nowhere to put it. I'm really glad it went to someone that appreciates it.

Lenora - Congratulations on being the new Farmgirl of the Month! Another Porchie too :O)

Darlene - Jasper's Christmas went well. He was with us. He loved opening his gifts as kids that age do. It's all about getting to rip the paper without getting in trouble lol. He got a large dump truck and front loader that he thinks are to ride on as well as play with. He's definitely a boy. I got him some trains that he really likes too. We didn't get him a ton of stuff, he doesn't need a bunch at this age.

Well, time for me to get motivated. Take care and have an awesome weekend.

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Farmgirl of the Month November 2016
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Prairie Critter Pet Sitter
"Pampered care for your pet"
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2016 :  3:12:47 PM  Show Profile
Wish Jasper could have a more stable childhood. A shame his mother isn't more grown up and could see how her actions will affect him as he grows. My daughter-in-law said over Christmas that she was so glad that Kayleigh and Bryceton had been able to be children longer than most of their friends. Praying that things go well with Jasper.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2016 :  4:54:53 PM  Show Profile
Happy New Year, gas. Have a cup of tea and a scone on me.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2017 :  06:22:55 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Good morning, I thought that I would let you know that I have posted updated pictures in "MY New Life". This is the finish room with the exception of painting the part of the walls and framework around the windows. I plan on doing the room in a dusty rose color later on in the spring when the weather is warmer. I may do them sooner if time allows. Classes start back up for me next Monday, so I will be a tad busy doing homework.
Becky

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2017 :  08:42:28 AM  Show Profile
Happy New Year ladies,
I pray it has began very blessed. Today is my last day of vacation and then teacher inservice tomorrow and kids back on Wednesday. This has to be the shortest Christmas break ever. I spent most of it with dear family and just relaxing after a very busy few weeks before break. I have come to like this relaxing schedule lol.

Hubby will be going back to school as well and sons have this week off before returning to college. I love having them home. My dogs are spoiled with us all home and tomorrow will wonder what in the world is going on why did they leave.

WEll just wanted to pop in real quick. Time to change laundry over.
love and hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page