Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2016 :  11:43:02 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Good afternoon,

Peggyann, I hope things go well with the doctors appointments. It is hard sometimes just to leave everything up to God, but he knows best. I will continue to pray for you and your family.

Tammy, first let me say congratulations on being named FGOTM. It is well deserved. Second, I hope the interview went well and they will consider you even with the TA training. Keep us informed on the outcome.

Lenora what a nice thing to have a new calf. I bet it is adorable. Would love to see pictures. Warm weather is nice, but we left Florida and most of the warm weather behind. It has been in the 40's during the day and the low 30's to high 20's in the evening. Even though we are not really adapted to this cold weather, we do like it.

It is a flutter of busyness around here this week and will be this way for about 2 weeks total. The chimney group is here putting in our new chimney and making our place up to code. At the same time I am having them put in two wood stoves in our house with the second chimney, one in my craft room and the other in our bedroom. I took before pictures today before the work started and when they are done, will post the before and after pictures. It will only show the work they have done thus far, but I still have painting, making braided rugs, decorating, etc. before the whole project will be done. That part of the job will have to wait until next spring when the weather gets warmer. We are expecting snow on Saturday. I was hoping it would hold off until all the workers were done and I could relax and enjoy the upcoming winter snowfalls.

Have a great rest of the week and I'll post pictures soon.
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2016 :  3:44:06 PM  Show Profile
Becky...that would have been nice if the Chimneys and stoves had all been in before the first snow...but it's pretty darn close huh?
Can't wait to see the before and after pictures!!

Prairie Tammy...I was so happy when I saw Darlene had chosen you for Farmgirl of The Month. That is just so Fabulous! You have kind of
had a rough patch there and so prayers are being answered with exciting things happening for you. PTL!!!

Well...our news from the Surgeon was what I feared and what I hoped was NOT going to be the conclusion of that visit. We were told that he
is not a candidate for ByPass Surgery as all his veins and arteries have calcified. BUT they are having a Clinic Meeting on Friday and if
they think the Defibrillator will help him get his energy back by installing it on the heart they may do that...to make him more comfortable. But it has to be a general consensus
of all the surgeons. We should hear late Friday or on Monday. But pretty much Larry is in God's hands...which is right where he has always been and will continue to be.
I cried several times yesterday (the first time I have allowed myself to...as I always have to be the STRONG ONE) and today I Got emotional
several times. But all in all...it is what it is and I will just love on him all the more knowing we may not have all that much time left together.
Today at Barnes & Noble when I prayed over our drinks and soup...I got up from the table and walked around and put my arms around his shoulders and
then prayed. I kissed him on the head and he raised my hand and kissed it at the same time. I looked up as I walked back to my seat and a
younger woman had been watching us and she had one of those "Oh, I just witnessed a precious moment!" looks on her face. I couldn't even smile
back at her because my heart is hurting. So, girls love on your man a little extra because you just never know how much or little time you
will have with them. Even if the drive you a little crazy at times...they need to know how much you love them and care.

Count Your Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 02 2016 3:51:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2016 :  5:31:44 PM  Show Profile
Sorry you didn't get better news, but don't give up. God works miracles and we will all be behind you.
My granddaughter, Kayleigh, turned 10 today. Hard to believe she's turning into a young lady.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2016 :  6:41:24 PM  Show Profile
Oh Peggy, you've been on my mind all day and I jumped on tonight to see if you'd posted anything. I'm so sorry. My prayers will be with you and him. I've been receiving so many blessings and I want everybody to be receiving them too and it breaks my heart that you're going through this.

Well ladies I was offered the job at the law office and I accepted it. It will mean less money per month but the Lord has been handing me blessings and I'm sure he'll figure out the money part too. I'm really hoping the TSA position comes through. I'm okay if it's not immediately so I can get trained. I talked to my manager at Walmart and she will give me as many hours as I want. There were points today I've wondered if I'm crazy switching jobs right now but the timing of this can't be a coincidence. One big thing I hadn't thought about was insurance. I assumed I could pick insurance up at Walmart but when I went to the website to add it I discovered that they don't offer it unless you work a minimum of 30 hours. I can't see working 30 hours there and 25 at the law office unless I absolutely have to so I'll have to look at options quickly.

Well I need to knock some dishes out so I will say goodnight. Sweet dreams everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Farmgirl of the Month November 2016
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Prairie Critter Pet Sitter
"Pampered care for your pet"
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2016 :  7:04:03 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Peggy, I cry with you. I'm sorry you got that news. It's a good thing the docs are evaluating Larry's condition. Maybe one of them will have a better idea. When they meet they take everything in to account. I'm dumbfounded! I have never heard that they couldn't do something. Pray for discernment. Ultimately we are all in God's hands. How lucky we are that we have the Lord! I will certainly keep you all in prayer! My heart is with you!

Rebecca, hope they get done before you get a big snow. Can't wait to see the pics. What kind of stoves did you get? Do you have all your winter attire yet?

Lenora, your GD is cute. Happy birthday to her! They sure grow up fast!

Judy, I was at Cracker Barrel today. I love it there. Especially all the sales. I didn't find anything today which is rare!

Tammy, I hope you're enjoying your month!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2016 :  7:09:38 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Tammy, your post wasn't on when I posted. Congrats on the job. Can you keep the insurance you have now? I hope you can figure it out so your tests are covered. Good luck.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2016 :  7:52:28 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
PeggyAnn, I am so sorry to hear that you received bad news. We have you in our prayers and know that Jesus will put his loving arms around you and help you through this sadness. I so agree with you that we never know just how long any of us will be here. I will make sure that I give my hubby extra love daily. Hopefully you will have him for a long time anyways. Have faith my friend.

On a lighter note, the chimney might be in by Friday and then they will have a little extra work to do around here. The man we hired is quite handy with many things. We need to fix our foundation and he will be doing that after the chimney goes in. Then he will be doing some remodeling work in the living room and dining room. The final thing he will complete is putting up our mantle that I purchased. Saturday is the only day that we are expecting light flurries so hopefully not to bad. At least by Thanksgiving all will be done and I will be able to enjoy the holidays for the first time since Paul and I have been married. We will be celebrating 8 years coming this December. Somehow it feels like a brand new start and we just got married and other times it feels like we have been married for a long time. We love it here and thank God every day for bringing us here to this place. It really has been a blessing.

Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2016 :  8:02:25 PM  Show Profile
Oh Peggy, you made me cry, for you and for Larry. It's like Patsy and Jim all over again. This type of news just blind-sides us and throws us for a loop. But... yes... Praise the Lord that we do have Him to talk to, cry on His shoulder and ask for strength!!! What WOULD we do without H-I-M?!!!
Prairie Tammy, so good to hear that you got the new job. So happy for you. You'll figure the insurance thing out, I'm sure!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"Give a weed an inch and it'll take a yard!"
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2016 :  8:03:38 PM  Show Profile
....Oh, and Happy 10th Birthday Kayleigh!!!!!!!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2016 :  10:17:54 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
So sorry to hear your news, Peggy. Take care of him and yourself.
Congratulations on the job, Tammy.
Thank you, Judith, for the great tea and tucks.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2016 :  11:47:03 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies....

Thank You for all your loving comments and prayers for my husband and myself. This is a difficult time but God will get us through this and we will come
Out on the Other side exactly how and where we are suppose to be. As I have contemplated God's hand in all of this...I have seen him preparing us for
This for the past year and a half. I just didn't recognize it for what it was. He promises to go before us and smooth the path and He has certainly been
Doing that. And I am Amazed at just how wonderfully He has been doing this. So, trust Me when I say I know that we are in The Palm of His Hands and we
Are right where we need to be. Let's face it girls Non of us are getting out of here alive! But as Christians we are more prepared than most people are
For we know where we are going and it is going to be a Much Better Place. Amen? Amen!

It is a bright Sunshiny day today....just in the high 50's but I did my short walk with the dog in just capris and a short-sleeved T-Shirt. It was Brisk and Beautiful and it made me feel so alive and Thankful for God's Beauty all around me.

Prairie Tammy...Congrats on the New Job. God will help you work out the Insurance details and scheduling etc. It will all be good in the end.

Judy...don't be sad girlfriend! Don't we walk through this Life with our final destination in clear view? My husband has so many things wrong with
Him that he will be totally healed and free of Dr.s and medications and tiredness and grumpiness and he will be completely healed and well and happy.
No amount of wealth could buy those things. My gut feeling is that he will still be around for a few more years but I leave him in God's most capable
Hands.

Becky ...it sounds like you found a good man to help you with all those things on the house that need done. That is always a comforting feeling to know
That you don't have to work those things out on your own....right?

Darlene...thanks for your tears (Judy too) but today I feel very strong in the Lord and I know it is all your prayers and the prayers of my Bible Study Group and all the Family who are Christians.. I know I will vacillate between good and bad days....but I need to be the Encourager and Optimist for my hubby.

Well, I need to go walk around and look at all the Christmas Stuff here at Barnes and Noble. I have already got a decent start on my shopping. Yeah!
When you have 6 kids, 9 grandchildren and 2 great grandchildren...it takes a lot of early shopping to be able to afford gifts for everyone. Gift Cards
For all those I would normally mail to....because I can buy more gift cards with what I save on postage.

Have a Lovely Day Ladies...And remember to tell those you Love how important they are to you and just how very much you Love them.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 04 2016 12:47:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2016 :  2:25:45 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I am so sorry to hear your (and Larry's) news. Tears here too. I'm praying they (doctors) will find another way. You're right! We do need to love on them even more! I think it must help a little to know the reasons for the changes in behavior. Hugs!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2016 :  6:34:32 PM  Show Profile
Judith, I got my tea package. Thank you so much. Loved your tucks too! Thanks Girlfriend!
We had a very gray day today. We had some shopping to do so we went out and the sun came out a little. The trees are at their peak and some are half bare but all were still pretty. It was a good day!
Well Dave has lost 40 # so far. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! This is good for a man his size. He said it was depressing. I said, "NO WAY, it didn't go on in a year and it ain't coming off in a year! I'm proud of you!!!" It's only been about 2 months.
Have a great evening Gals!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2016 :  7:18:50 PM  Show Profile
Great job Dave. Keep it up.
We had a nice shower this evening Knocked the tv reception out for about 15 minutes.
Jay's doctor called. They didn't like something they saw on his stress test but couldn't tell him what. Don't know why they even called.
Here's a picture of the new calf.
I'll get better one's when mom brings her closer to the house.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2016 :  08:08:43 AM  Show Profile
I'm glad you liked the tea and tucks, Judy! It was fun putting it together.

Dave is doing a great job losing weight!

Nora, a new calf. Aren't they just so sweet? Can't wait to see a close up!

Linda, glad you got the tea and tucks. I was starting to wonder about the mail.

Congratulations on your new job, Tammy!!!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2016 :  1:02:53 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Lenore I can't wait to see a close up of your new calf. Exciting news.

I decided to post pictures of the progress in the thread I started called New Life. Lots of work done this week. Matt tells me it will take about another two weeks before they will be completely done. I still have new windows coming, and some remodeling work to be completed in addition to the new chimney and stoves.

Becky

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2016 :  5:44:15 PM  Show Profile
Happy Friday, sweet ladies,
I hope you have had a lovely day. It has been so beautiful for November here and God has just put the most beautiful sunrises in the sky. They have been breathtaking. Words can't capture the beauty.

Peggy so sorry about Larry. I have been praying. I will continue to pray. I have no butterfly stories and at the moment I prefer to just not think about them...lol I have one who just nearly takes everything I have in patience. He has a bit of aspergers but most of the time he knows what he is doing and especially when it is not being nice. When he is absent my whole class is different. Needless to say he has been a pill this week as have his parents because I clipped his wings short :)

tonight hubby and I went to dinner. His birthday is next week so am going to take him out this week and swing by Barnes and NOble. I have a coupon lol I have to use it lol...Peggy I know you understand my pain here lol

I think that is about all with me.
love to you all,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2016 :  5:59:40 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, you are so funny. Is that like having a coin burning a hole in your pocket?hahahahaha

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2016 :  6:01:56 PM  Show Profile
Hey, I just noticed... I'm almost at 3000 posts!!! Yaaaaa! Peg, I remember when you were there!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2016 :  6:18:42 PM  Show Profile
Happy week-end, ladies. Suppose to be nice here so I can put the laundry on the line once again. Love my towels dried on the line. We are suppose to have frost.
Jay got an okay on his stress test so he'll still be delivering cold, dead chickens for Georges another year.
I noticed coming home this evening that the leaves have no color, just brown. Too dry this August.
Have a great week=end.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2016 :  08:28:29 AM  Show Profile
Nora, I keep going back to the pic of your grand daughter...cracks me up! Such a cutie! I just love that age. I'll just come back to Kaleigh's picture if I need a smile. I have red-haired grand babies too!

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2016 :  10:47:22 AM  Show Profile
Nora...I agree with Judith your grand-daughter is so cute and looks like she is in that really fun stage of life. Love her red hair.
I was a redhead until I went Gray...but non of my boys were red headed...except my middle son has almost black hair but a red beard.
That is a unique color combination you have to admit. LOL

Judy...Wow girlfriend, you are at almost 3000 posts. Woot! Woot!! Are you going to do some kind of give-away like I did? Or are you
going to just silently let it pass? Ha-Ha-Ha...I'm laughing because you do nothing "silently"! Neither do I...we just don't know how do we?

Teacher Tammy...Oh, I so feel your pain girlfriend! We do not, can not and rarely if ever let a coupon expire from Barnes & Noble.
That just can't be allowed to happen! *Judy Giggle* Hope you find something deliciously fun! I used my coupon on a couple new
coloring books (as if I needed any more) but Johanna Basford has her new Christmas Coloring Book out and so does Mary Englebreit.
Both are FUN coloring books!!! I have done one picture in each one already! Also, I don't know if you take advantage of Barnes
and Nobles gift card special this time of year but I do because I send out a lot of gift Cards. They do a buy $75.00 worth of gift
cards and get yourself a free $10.00 gift card. Free is always good in my Book! You can't use the $10.00 gift card until after
Christmas is their only catch...but no biggy to me...since I am always in there.

Becky...where is your New Life Thread? Is it in Over the Fence or where? I want to check out your pictures.

Well, for me yesterday was a very weepy day. Thursday I felt very strong and God was showing me a lot about Life's Journey
and reassuring me that all is right where He designed it to be in our lives right now. But yesterday was a very different
story and I think I need to get use to this roller coaster of emotions...because I don't see it going away for a very
long time. So please keep those prayers coming and bear with me as I try to hold it together and then can't!

Hope you all have a very Lovely Weekend! I am going to hang out with my kids for part of it. They can always bring a smile
to my heart. Especially my grand children!!!

Love and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2016 :  11:12:13 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
PeggyAnn, the post is in this topic "A Farm of My Own. It is right below. It is called New Life.
Becky

Edited by - Ladybek9756 on Nov 05 2016 11:13:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2016 :  11:28:36 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Becky!!!

hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2016 :  12:51:53 PM  Show Profile
Peggy-I'm so sorry to hear about your news, I'll continue praying for you both!

PTammy-congrats on FGOTM!!!!

I've just been working on a couple things around here that I never got around to and have a little time for now that all our stuff is gone and there aren't any distractions!! I'm debating if I'm going to do school with the kids this coming week or just go ahead and call it good until after the move. Originally I planned to continue this coming week then be done until we are on the other side because our "unaccompanied baggage" gets picked up early next week and I have to send most of the school books with that, but last week was so crazy and it was hard to get the kids to stay on task and almost impossible to keep the baby out of their stuff. I think they are just all a mess with all of the changes going on so I may just say forget it this week. Or we may just do a couple fun projects but not normal school (we have to do something after all). We also have some visiting to do this week-starting the "goodbyes." Tomorrow will be my last day as an AWANA volunteer here. The kids have one more day left after tomorrow but our van ships this week and we don't all fit in hubby's car so I'll stay home with the baby for their last day and let Dustin take them. Our last day of CC (our homeschool coop) is this week as well-same reason, the car will be gone and we won't all fit in the other one. Oh and the last archery class for the girls is thursday but we aren't sure we will even make that. The following week the girls have their last ballet class and then the next week we go to the cabins for our last week here. It is getting close but at the same time feels like still a ways away!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page