Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2016 :  6:30:16 PM  Show Profile
Howdy ladies,
It is a chilly evening here and rainy. Fall seems to have made its entrance. Love the colors and of course my fall teas.

Peggy I am about a third into Beth's book. I am drawn in. Will let you know when I am done.
School is keeping me busy. This last weekend we had our big Oktoberfest it was really nice but lots of work. This weekend hubby and I are taking the weekend away as he will start wrestling season soon and that means not seeing him much between his school and mine and coaching takes a lot of time. We are seeing Keith Urban in concert and going to Junkstock which is very cool.

Other than that I have just been doing fall cleaning and trying to keep my butterfly wings in working order lol
love and blessings,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2016 :  8:14:26 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals! WOW! I miss a week and I miss a lot! Nice pics Gals! Heather, pretty scarf. I can't believe you had 80's the other day and we had mid 70's. Crazy!
Patsy is getting ready to go to her sons place in Kentucky for a couple of weeks. She's home one month and off and running again. Lol
Dave has a vacation coming up starting next w/e. We have a riverboat cruise scheduled for the 15th in Pittsburg to do some leaf peeping. His brother and SIL are going too so that will be a fun day. We meet at a family Dollar around here at 8:15 AM and take a charter bus to a dock in PA. The trip with meal included will take all day. They bring us back to the F.D. around 5:30. Really looking forward to this. Our leaves are already starting to change around here... just the slightest shading on the tips. Should be perfect timing. Becky, I can't believe how much color you already have. AMAZINGLY Beautiful!!
We went to Amish country yesterday(for Heather, who knows the area ...Sugarcreek/Walnutcreek) and I picked up a few Christmas and birthday gifts. Patsy's birthday is the 21st, nephews is the 7th, Nieces is 16th...way too many this month. *giggle* Such a pretty month to be born huh? (beats Feb.blaaah) *giggle* I know... we get what God deems best! Right? We also went to a cheese house and stocked up on some. YUM.... cheese...I think I'm part mouse!!! lol Pass on meats, but bring on the 'solid-bovine-excretions!' hahahaha Heard that from a comedian. Thought it was funny. Yes???
Good night Gals! Sleep well!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"Give a weed an inch and it'll take a yard!"

Edited by - herblady55 on Oct 06 2016 8:17:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2016 :  9:07:31 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
TLT, lucky you to be seeing Keith Urban. Have a great time.

Heather, cute babies as usual! Beautiful scarf too. How do you have time to do it all?

Judy, how nice that you get to do all the things you do. I always wanted to go on a riverboat cruise. Enjoy and tell us all about it.

Peggy, how was your Bible study?

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2016 :  09:40:26 AM  Show Profile
Good morning Porchies! God is so good!!!! Sooooo let me fill you guys in on our "adventures" over the last week. As you know, Sunday was Katie's baptism. It was a beautiful Sunday, perfect for a baptism at the lake! I of course cried, and am so proud she took the step of obedience! Brad's mom was able to make it and we had a lovely time! Then we went and picked up his dad from the hotel and headed back to the house. There was definitely some tension and an "elephant in the room," but everyone was pretty civil on Sunday. Monday was Brad's retirement ceremony - crazy crazy hectic trying to get ready! But the ceremony was wonderful!!! He ended up honoring both the children and I during the ceremony, causing lots of misty eyes and tears! Our church family really supported us and turned out for the ceremony!!! On Monday night my hubby told his father he forgave him, but that we are still hurt. I tried to explain to him why and his dad went off on me like I have never seen! My hubby got pretty frustrated as did his mom and it turned pretty ugly. I think by the end of it, things calmed down and we were all okay. Lord willing, the future will be a time of happiness and togetherness for our families again :)

Then on Tuesday, the packers started packing our house... it was two gentlemen from Georgia. Then on Wednesday, they continued packing. Then we get the news that the base was closing and everyone had to evacuate... EXCEPT the plane maintenance squadron, which Brad still belongs to. So the packers came back yesterday and finished packing and loading. Then, since the last plane left at 3 yesterday, we were told we had to evacuate. The guys finished loading the truck around 8:30 last night, then at 9 we hit the road. We drove up to North Carolina, stopping a couple times on the way to get a little sleep... and clean up Emi, who threw up everywhere :/ We got to a hotel at 630 this morning. I have NEVER seen such a disgusting room! There were dead bugs in the bathroom, live ones in the sinks, bugs in the beds, and roaches crawling the walls! We were there less than 30 minutes and they charged us $140 for the room that they have yet to agree to return!!! So we left there, and went to Walmart and slept there in the car. Then we found another hotel with a single room available, which is where we are staying... probably too many in a room, but at least we are safe!

Becky - your plans for your property sound amazing!!! We have started thinking about what we want to do when, but I would honestly like to SEE the property before we set any plans in stone. Tentatively we are hoping to get chickens and goats in the spring as well as starting an orchard and garden. Then the next year or two add some bees and expand our growing area. Then a few years later add sheep. We are still debating more animals, such as pigs, rabbits, and horses. I think we get the goats we will get a pair of LGD (debating great pyrenees) and with the sheep, some alpacas. We are leaving South Carolina, as long as the hurricane doesn't throw a monkey wrench into everything, on Tuesday. Closing on the house is the 28th. We are getting the house I posted the link to, as long as things go well with the appraisal.

Darlene - congratulations dear friend on being FGOTM!!! I am so so thrilled for you!!!!

Heather - I always so enjoy your pictures!!! Your calf is a beauty! Oh how I wish I was not allergic to cow milk!!! And your scarf is LOVELY!

Okay my kids are getting antsy. Need to find something to do with them!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2016 :  12:54:00 PM  Show Profile
Oh, My Shannon...talk about drama in your lives...Baptism, In-Law Drama, Retirement, packing, evacuation. horrible Motel Room.
So much going on at once. I thought the news said that Hurricane Matthew was suppose to hit The Carolinas too. You maybe on
the move as I type. Your life is like The Perfect Storm right now. LOL Mercy girl! Praying for ALL of you and hoping once you
get into your new home...life will get back to an even keel for you. So, Lovely that your Church Family and Friends were so
active and supportive for your Hubbies Retirement Party. That is really neat. And how beautiful that he honored you and the
kids. Sounds like that all was pretty Special for your family. Keep us posted as you travel. Fun to hear what is going on with
you and yours.

Darlene...My Bible Study was great...thanks for asking. I'm sad to say that one of my younger ladies quit this week. She has been
a part of the group for 16 years. It is a long story that I won't bore you with but she feels she needs to go find herself...so,
all we could do was encourage her to come back if she ever feels the desire too. She will be welcomed back with love and open arms.
She is a very neat young woman and I will miss her.

Judy...Sounds like you and Dave have some fun plans in store for your Vacation time. Riverboat Cruises are so much fun. Is this one where you get a meal and everything? The last Riverboat Cruise I went on there was a small Wedding on board and we all got to be
part of there audience and well wishers. It was fun! Like being an invited Wedding Crasher! LOL I have probably been on 6-8 different
River Cruises over the years. My hubby and I both enjoy them.

Speaking off my husband...he went to His Cardiologist the other day and he has two heart valves that are leaking, a new arrhythmia, and his heart is pumping so slowly that he is throwing off tiny (pin size) blood clots and that is what is causing his mini-strokes. He wore a heart monitor for 24 hours, and next week he will have the Radio Active Isotope Heart test, and a stress test. The poor man is
falling apart one body part after another. Please pray for him (Larry) if the Holy Spirit brings him to mind.

Teacher Tammy...please rest those beautiful Madam Butterfly Wings as often as you can. And let me know about the Beth Moore book when you finish it. Her Study on II Timothy is going to be a difficult one. This study is not a "Seeker Friendly" Study like all her others
have been. This one is a "Wake-Up Christian Sisters" God has work for you to do...Study. The very first lesson was so hard that my
gals who have been Christians for years were scratching their heads saying "I didn't understand what she wanted us to say..on that
Question." I think it is going to be an interesting but very deeply in-depth study. The first Video was very good though.

Ok Ladies...I got half of my walk done outdoors before it started pouring buckets and I had to high tailed it home. I will have to
get the other half done later this evening in doors.

Have A Wonderful Day and Find Something Enjoyable to do.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2016 :  7:02:52 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Shannon, congratulations on your daughters baptism. So glad she could do it with your church family there. Sorry your FIL was mean disrespectful to you. Forgive him and let God handle him. Remember, vengeance is mine says the Lord. How nice that your husband honored his family. Congratulations to him. I pray you get to your house safely and soon. Too much drama. You need some peace. Keeping all of you in prayer. Thank you for the FGOTM congratulations. I truly was humbled and shocked.

Peggy, sometimes people just need a break and sometimes God just moves them. Sounds like Beth is putting you all to the test. Way to get dry bones moving. LOL! Sounds like Larry needs valve replacement. Sam and my sister both had it done in 2015 and did very well. Will keep him in prayer. You too.

Have my 14 and 13 year old grandsons here until Sunday. They're going fishing with Pop. They are such nice young boys. Such a pleasure to be with them. They grow so fast. They still like to hug and kiss Nanny and I'll take it. They love what I cook for them and requested a pumpkin pie for dessert tomorrow. Makes my heart sing!

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2016 :  12:13:38 PM  Show Profile
Darlene...aren't grand kids the Best. I love that they enjoy your cooking and request special foods when you have them.
My kids Grandma (my first MIL) was like that. She always had their favorites too and if she didn't have them on hand she
whipped them up like it was no trouble at all...just pure pleasure for her to do so. You sound just like her with your
grandsons. In fact I was wearing her Locket yesterday and she had all three of my boys pictures in it. And only one of
them was actually her biological grandson. But she treated them all like she their grandma. She was a Gem! I miss her
to this day! Well, have fun making that pumpkin pie for them!!! And let your heart Sing!

Love and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2016 :  8:07:58 PM  Show Profile
Peg, yes, there's a meal onboard.(missed answering that question earlier)

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2016 :  12:16:39 AM  Show Profile
Judy...thanks for the answer! I went back and re-read your first post about it and you had said
that there was a meal. I guess I missed it with my speed reading. *giggle*

Teacher Tammy...Ok, dying to know how the Keith Urban Concert was! You and hubby looked so perty all
decked out in your sunday duds. I'm laughing to myself because I just know Judy and others are going
to wonder how they missed that post and picture! *giggle* (that's my secret...at least for now)

Ok...I will quit being a pill on The Porch and say "Good Night Ladies"...and Have a Blessed Lords Day
tomorrow (ok...later today). It is after Midnight!

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 09 2016 12:18:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2016 :  10:25:58 AM  Show Profile
Happy Blessed SonDay Ladies!
Ok Peg... spill Miss Pill! lol How do you know what they wore? hmmmmm?
I went to a New Life Ministries church today. I went to a UMChurch but it was just ending. The paper said 10:30.The lady said 9:30. My paper says that's the summer schedule. Great! So I went to the New Life. Didn't care for it. Caught it in the middle of sermon. THAT church isn't even on my list so don't have a clue when it starts.They had so much singing after the sermon. The music never stopped. So After an hour I just got up and quietly slipped out. Good thing I did leave. Dave was trying to call me. His mom was in a car accident. She pulled out in front of someone and was slammed on the passenger side. She went to hospital and is awaiting a cat scan. Her whole left side hurts, no doubt, from slamming up against the door. Poor lady. Please Pray for Bev as God impresses it upon you.Thanks 'Prayer-Porches!'I had forgotten my cell phone, at home on charger so I didn't know till I got home.What a full morning we've had!
More later Porches!
Make it a good day!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2016 :  11:18:02 AM  Show Profile
Judy...It is amazing what you can find out on FB about Friends! LOL
I just prayed for Bev and you and Dave and hope that she only has minor
aches and pains. How is the car??? I have to share a Story that my son's FIL
told me. He said that his MIL came into their home one day and said, "I lost My
Car and I don't know where it is. They said, "Well, Mom how did you get here?"
I drove somebody else's car. I don't know who it belongs to but I had their keys
so I drove theirs when I couldn't find mine." They said, " Mom what do you mean you
have somebody else's car but you don't know who's?" She said, "I just want to find
my car it must be lost...I need to remember where I left it or if it was stolen.
And did I steal someone else's car? because I don't know who's car I'm driving."
After my son's in-laws quit freaking out they remembered that the MIL's Mother had
taken her car in to be worked on and they had given her a loaner as it was going
to take a week to get a car part. ROFLOL I laughed so hard at their story but obviously
the woman is up in years and is probably getting Dementia. Poor dear! My own MIL before
she died use to drive up on the curbs all the time. I think she drove on the side walk
more than she drove on the streets. LOL Praise God she never hurt anyone. Two years before
she passed she had to go into a nursing home and that ended her driving. God was merciful!
And the sidewalks became a safer place.

Sounds like Church was not meant to be today Judy. New Life Churches tend to be Mega Churches.
I can't really see you liking that kind of service. I was going to go to Kessid Church today
but it is pouring rain and I'm in pain. Hubby stayed up all night (as he has been doing) and
so he will sleep all day. I would have either gone with my kids or by myself but the rain is
keeping me home in my PJ's. I am Watching a Hillsong Worship Service out of Australia. It is
really good! But like you said about the music going on and on...that is what Hillsong does too.
I am listening to the music as I type. I Love their Worship Music. I use to play their CD's in
my Store all the time...they are so uplifting!

Will continue to pray for your MIL Keep us posted on how she is doing.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2016 :  12:00:08 PM  Show Profile
Oh Peggy, WHAT a FUNNY story! I burst out laughing a couple of times before I was thru it. roflrofl
Patsy just texted me and said that the church she went to today with her DIL spoke in tongues. Hahaha
Poor Sissy, she was just lost and uncomfortable. I'm giggling at us now but when you are confined in some of these churches.... all you can do is grin and bear it ...or sneak out like I did. Some things we just can't get use to. I like all kinds of music so I'm ok with that, but ..... oh well.....

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2016 :  12:27:03 PM  Show Profile
Dave just texted me and said his mom is going home with a neck brace and going to a neuron surgeon this week to see if anything else needs done. Praise the Lord it wasn't worse.She's 84.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2016 :  06:07:18 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies! I finally finished the September tea packets yesterday so they'll be going out this afternoon to the post office to mail. Thanks for your patience. I dislocated my top 2 ribs last weekend (still don't know how). When I went in for my scheduled chiro appt. he found the dislocations and reset them. Then I re-dislocated the top rib again Tuesday night and had to have it put back in Wednesday so it's been difficult to get anything done. I'm still not supposed to be bending, twisting, or lifting. They extended my work restrictions through this week. Jordon's girlfriend surprisingly offered to help me put the packets together so that was a help.

I'm super excited that my Kindle Fire 10" should be arriving today. My tablet froze up during a software update before we went on vacation and they want $300 to even look at it. It was cheaper to replace it. I'd looked at getting another Samsung and a couple other models but decided to go with the Kindle. I hope I like it.

The kids came over to help Matt move some stuff around the shed and have supper with us last night. The grandbaby is just too cute! He's walking more. I took him out to the garden and he loves walking and crawling around it and playing with my fairy house. Matt decided he wanted to try him on pop rock candy and video his response LOL. It was cute. Jasper wasn't sure what to think about it but he liked it.

The Lord has been abundant in providing jobs for me to apply for. I applied for a TSA position here in Jamestown. I got up to the testing that I had to go to Bismarck for and it stalled and hadn't moved forward so when I saw a city job opening for a scale clerk at the dump open up I applied. I think i did really well with the interview and he said he should be calling and contacting people today or sometime this week on who got the position. It's a smelly job, especially in the summer, but pays enough I could stop working 2 jobs. Then after 6 weeks of the TSA position not going forward I all of a sudden got a call last week to have the job interview and that went well too and he advanced me to the next phase for the medical review level. If I get the TSA position it would be only 25 hours a week but it's over $19/hr so I could work it and basically keep my current schedule at Walmart to get 40 hours and work less although I'd have to work 2 jobs. I'm confused on what to do about it. I just pray that whichever job I shouldn't go with is blocked. If I get a call today or tomorrow for the city job I don't know what I'll do yet. I'd hate to take it and make it through the rest of the TSA and get offered the job there but I'd hate to turn it down and then get disqualified for something for the TSA position. Please keep me in prayer.

Okay, need to rush to work. Look for your packages starting to arrive in the next couple days!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Prairie Critter Pet Sitter
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2016 :  5:10:08 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Judy, hope your MIL is ok. It takes some getting used to the new music in some churches. You'll find the perfect church for you.

Peggy, I like Hillsong also. My church has similar worship music and I really enjoy it. It seems like there are more drivers on the sidewalks, wrong side and almost in the trunk of my car. It's not fun to drive anymore. LOL!

PGT, I hope you get the best job for your situation. Take whatever job fits in your lifestyle and if something else better comes along go for it. I wish you luck.

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2016 :  5:14:47 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by HealingTouch

Judy, hope your MIL is ok. It takes some getting used to the new music in some churches. You'll find the perfect church for you.

Peggy, I like Hillsong also. My church has similar worship music and I really enjoy it. It seems like there are more drivers on the sidewalks, wrong side and almost in the trunk of my car. It's not fun to drive anymore. LOL!

PGT, I hope you get the best job for your situation. Take whatever job fits in your lifestyle and if something else better comes along go for it. I wish you luck.

Darlene
Sister 1922
Farmgirl of the month: October 2016

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2016 :  8:43:00 PM  Show Profile
Hi gals, my MIL is doing great for an 84 y.o. Dave told her she should quit driving. Ya, that just rolled off her back.haha A heavy duty 1 ton pick-up is nothing to pull out in front of. She's fortunate she had a guardian angel with her. She could have gotten more that just a couple of bruises and bumps. This is her 2nd, at fault wreck in 3 years. Her insurance is going to love her.
Good-nite ladies!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2016 :  09:48:35 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
It sure has been busy on the porch lately. I have missed so much.
Judy glad to hear your MIL is doing better. Maybe the insurance will step in and then Dave won't be in the dog house for suggesting she quit driving. Age creeps in and some people are not ready to throw the towel in and admit that change is for the better. Give her time and who knows, she may surprise you.

We haven't had a chance to look for a church yet around here. A neighbor has suggested his church and this weekend we will try to make it. Like you, I like a little music that is not to loud, and truth be told, I still love the old time hymns of yesterday compared to the new music of today. I do like some of them, but not that many. What I am looking for is a old time country church. The small time area I am hoping to find one.

Tammy good luck with finding the job of your dreams. It can be hard when you have many choices in deciding which to choose. Let your heart lead you in making the choice that best fits your needs.

Well it has been a roller coaster ride around here this last couple of weeks. We are having the electric worked on because of flicker lights in to many places. The Maine electric came out today and put in new wiring from the box to our house. Our electrician is rewiring our house because the last owners did a faulty job and not up to code. Then we decided to have the septic system pumped because it had been almost five years since it was installed and with the house being new for us, we wanted a clean bill of health so to speak LOL. Found out there were a few problems so now we are fixing that. Chimney has problems. It seems that whenever I have a service man come out to clean something, it is something more and anyone who ever saw the movie "Money Pit" will understand what I am talking about. But come winter, this old farmhouse will be in tip top shape. I have pictures of walls we knocked out for repairs, and when the work is done, I shall post the before and after pictures. You have to laugh, for it is the only way to tackle the jobs. This week has been full of men coming and going doing some sort of repair work. Maybe one day, I will feel like I am moved in and the dust has settled and I can finally relax and enjoy my new home without worrying about something breaking down in the middle of winter. Don't get me wrong, I love my old farmhouse and would not trade it for anything. These repairs are part of the glory of having the privilege of owning a old home that is over 151 years old. When we finally get her restored to her original [or as close as I can get] beauty, she will be beautiful.

I hope everyone is having a beautiful day and loving life, because it is the only one we have and that is the joy of living.

Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2016 :  1:17:24 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon My Porchies...

Becky...sorry to hear that you are having so many issues winterizing your Farm House...but it does seem
to go with the Territory of Owning an Old House. It is going to be money well spent just for the Security
of knowing things were done right in the Restoration of an Old Beauty! I can't wait to see all your before
and after pictures. I love the Outside of the Farm House...so, Yes...I'm dying to see the inside too.

Judy...glad to hear that your MIL is doing better. I can well imagine that the discussion of not driving any
more was met with stone cold silence. My mom is 83 and she is always asking me how her driving is. Actually
my mom is doing really well for her age in lots of arias. My husband fears the day we say he can't drive any
more. I have noticed that he asks me to drive more and more and of course he complains about my driving more
and more too. At first he was so complementary about what a good driver I am (and I am)...but now he side
seat drives and I want to tape his mouth shut. LOL

Prairie Tammy...praying for your job situation. Those kind of waiting games tend to work themselves out. A bit
stressful I know. Hope you know something soon. Maybe you can just work two jobs during the Holiday Season and then go back to just one job. I know for myself I always liked the extra money during the Holidays.

Darlene...Hey, girl I got your sweet pkg yesterday. I am going to post pictures on the Birthday Thread later.
I loved what you sent. Thank You So Much!!! Already put them to My Fall Decor use. I took some pictures of some cool mushrooms the other day...I am going to post them here so you girls can see. I heard from friends in Seattle that these mushrooms are extremely Poisonous...like even to touch them. I don't know a toadstool from a Mushroom
so I never pick them but they sure made pretty pictures. Oops I haven't uploaded them from my phone yet. I will post them later.

Cold walks the last few days...tonight we are suppose to start getting rain storms. They are saying 4 to 5 inches of rain in the next 5 days. Oh, JOY! My body is already protesting. It was all I could do to walk today...it wasn't fun...it was just putting one foot in front of the other and forcing myself to do it. My body protested
a great deal.

Please keep my husband in your prayers. Cardiologist Apptmnts and Testing ... 2 tomorrow and 1 on Friday.

Have a Beautiful FALL Week and enjoy the changing colors!!!

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2016 :  6:24:52 PM  Show Profile
Evening gals! I misspoke about sending the tea packets out Monday as I forgot it was a holiday so they were mailed yesterday. Sorry about that!

I took my break this morning and fixed a cup of caramel creme brulee tea (I think it was party of BF Tammy's tea packet). When I got back to my desk and looked out the window it was snowing! This is our second snowfall, we had snow Saturday morning too. It's too warm thankfully for it to stick. It's pretty but makes me worry if we're getting flakes this early what our winter will be like. The last 2 years have been pretty mild so we're about due.

Well I got a letter today saying they filled the city job with another applicant. I've been praying that the path I shouldn't take would close on me so I wouldn't make the wrong decision. I know Matt really hoped I'd get that position but I wasn't feeling comfortable with it. We'll see if the TSA position works out or if I need to wait and be patient. I went for the physical portion yesterday and they discovered my heart is missing beats so they did an EKG on me and I'm having PVCs (premature ventricular contractions) so they're doing a 24-hour holter monitor next week and I'll probably be referred to a cardiologist. They also did a chest xray which she looked at yesterday and said it looked okay. She called today to tell me the radiologist finally read it and there's a nodule in my left lung and I'm being referred for a CT scan and to see a pulmonologist. I'm too young for this!!!!! I told Matt I'm going to look at this as a blessing whether I get the job or not because it wouldn't have been caught for some time if I hadn't gone in for the pre-employment physical. It may seriously affect the jobs I can apply for though. You gals are the only ones I'm sharing this with as I don't want the kids to know until I find out exactly what's going on. Please keep me in your prayers.

Judy - I can feel for you. I know how much trouble it was when Matt's family told his mother no more driving. She kept threatening to buy another vehicle after they sold the car. She was scraping the sides of the car up constantly because she couldn't see well enough to drive. Matt was constantly fixing things on it. When he'd mention it to other siblings they'd ignore him. It wasn't until 'they" had to deal with it when we moved out here that all of a sudden it became an issue.

Rebecca - I hope you find a church you like. I agree, I'm not big on all the new songs they have now. I feel the way they work people up with the song teams and such now it's almost a false high. There's no quiet to hear in your heart any more.

Well it's 8:30 and I still haven't eaten so I best find something to eat. Have an awesome evening ladies and a beautiful day tomorrow!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2016 :  1:06:33 PM  Show Profile
Prairie Tammy...I will keep both your health issues and the Job issue in my prayers.
I figured we already got one answer on the job that hired someone else. And you are so
right about the health screening on the other job...what a blessing that a few things
were detected so they can be addressed. Throwing PVC's is not good and the irregular heart
beats need to be determined if they are in the upper or lower chambers of the heart. One is
more serious than the other.

Just got home from the Hospital with my husband. They took two sets of scans and also did
the radioactive isotope stress test. Tomorrow we go back in the afternoon for one more
test and then a consult with the Cardiologist. We had to get up way too early this morning...so
I am headed for a late nap here in awhile. Six AM is not a number on The Clock that I see very
often. LOL

Our first rain storm has come in and it is nasty out there. We have 2 more coming in this weekend.
I canceled Bible Study tonight because of the weather. Most of us Older Ladies don't like driving
in high winds (that bring down trees) and rain that comes down side-ways in sheets. Plus with only
getting 4 hours asleep last night and tossing and turning all night long I'm exhausted. I probably
wouldn't be all that coherent tonight.

Have a Lovely rest of the week Ladiees.

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 13 2016 1:07:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2016 :  1:34:08 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals, just jumping on to read e-mails before we go to my SIL Birthday dinner at Texas Steak House.
Prayers going up for all of you and I asked God to wrap His Loving Arms around all of you so that you will feel His BIG Squishy ((((HUG))))!!!
Love you Porch-Buds!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2016 :  6:36:03 PM  Show Profile
howdy ladies,
Ok may I say the Keith Urban concert was just awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I absolutely had the most fun I have had in a very long time. Hubby and I did some shopping and had dinner with his daughter. It was a great weekend. But oh Keith was awesome.

Peggy, We will be doing Beth Moore's new study after Christmas. We decided to postpone it until the holidays are over so we are doing various little studies right now.
My fitbit bit the dust lol. But I must say fitbit has great customer service. They are replacing mine and actually they gave me an upgrade. Said they they no longer make the one I have. I am please and they are sending it in my favorite color. I am nearly half way through Beth Moore;s book. It is good.

This week has been busy. I am looking forward to the weekend. Hubby and I are thinking of going to the pumpkin patch. We will see.
Oh and I went to a tea shop this weekend and brought home the most heavenly tea call caramel chocolate truffle. The smell alone makes you think you are having dessert.
Ladies you are always close to heart and in my prayers.
love and blessings,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2016 :  2:59:17 PM  Show Profile
WOW! Quiet w/e.
Tammy I got the teas. Thank you! They smell yummy. Can't wait to try them. CA-Ute puppy-dog card too.
Our trip was loooong and hot. It got really hot yesterday, almost 80 I think. We forgot hats and sunscreen. (Getting up at 6AM is not my thing either Peg) I'm not even human till 10 and not friendly till 'coffee-o'thirty!!' hahahaha The food was *meh* and although it had 3 floors... we thought it was crowded.
So... that all said and done we probably won't do that again. I hate sitting that long. I'm a mover.
So we sat top-deck and I'm pretty sure my hams were sizzling in that sun. All I needed was a side of eggs and some toast. Hahaha We both are really pink today. I have white salve on my nose and cheeks. I look like something out of a scary freak show. How Halloween appropriate. Oh, and did I mention that my shingles flared up Friday morning(Thursday night really) so, ya, I wasn't somebody to be messed with yesterday. Oh ya... and I forgot my pills. Left them on the kitchen counter... after I made sure they were in my 'take-along' pill box. UGGGH!!!! Ya, I was set to sail alright. Had a headache from the sun. Went to bed before 9 and got up at 11 this morning. Don't you dare ask me what church I attended today. It was the church of 'snore' if you must know! And, YES, I really enjoyed it!!lol

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2016 :  3:31:47 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Judy for posting. I was getting worried!

Judy - Sorry your trip didn't go so well. I've gotten to the point I prepack everything the night before a trip so I don't forget anything. I got up at 7 to take care of my dog clients, got home about 9, went back to bed thinking I'd sleep maybe an hour and Matt woke me up at noon!!! I couldn't believe I'd slept that late.

Well the grandbaby just arrived so I need to get supper going. Hope everybody else has received their teas.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page