Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2016 :  11:40:41 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Judith, me too! Where should we go?

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2016 :  4:20:02 PM  Show Profile
Darlene...wish you would have posted your advice on Probiotics yesterday
as I just reordered my 14 billion probiotic late last night. Will remember your advice for the next bottle however. Do you take one capsule or two? I take two so I am actually getting 28 billion per day. I take them together.

Having a bad Fibro day as rain comes tonight and I am feeling it.
Very tired and no energy at all.

More Later girls!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 30 2016 5:21:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2016 :  4:32:06 PM  Show Profile
Darlene - we're not working at the GDS Fair this year, but will be there on Thursday. If you go on Sunday, be sure to look for our display of butter churns in the exhibit hall !!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2016 :  5:22:10 PM  Show Profile
I guess I will stay right here, Darlene. I'm sure I counted my blessings this morning. I just needed to sit down and count some more.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2016 :  01:05:18 AM  Show Profile
Peggy-sounds like you are doing your best. I love sweets so it is hard but sugar definitely has an impact. I am with you on a piece of chocolate or two a day though. Keeps me sane.

The realtor is going to see three houses for us today. She is hoping to factime me at the houses and give me a virtual showing. How crazy that that is even possible!!! But definitely helpful for us in our situation. She isn't able to go see my favorite until next week though. We started out with 13 possibilities but with them going under contract or ruling them out because of some issue we are down to 6 so I'm a little nervous. But who knows maybe something better than any of those is just about to come up! I'm trying to be patient and not get nervous and do anything rash!!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2016 :  11:23:57 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies...

The weatherman said last night that we would get rain this afternoon...so, I got up at 7:30 and was out
the door about 8:00 am...and just got into my walk about 20 minutes when it started raining. Then I argued
with myself whether or not to return Home or just keep walking. I decided since it was a light rain and not
a down-pour I would just keep walking. It takes me an hour and a half to get my 5 miles in. So, I'm back
and I look a little bit like a drown rat but I got my walk completed...Yay!! I did end-up canceling my "Grandma
Day" with Elijah because I'm hurting and exhausted but I saw him 3 times over the weekend and I'm sure I
will see him a couple of times this Holiday Weekend. ~ Kids went back to school here today. I do part of
my walk around trails that go around two different schools and it was pretty crazy and hectic around them
today after the quietness of the Summer. I remember when I was in School the first day was both exciting
and scary. I always worried that I would have a hard time finding all my classes. LOL It was never a
problem however finding them the problem was I went to Large Schools and so making the classes in the 5
minutes they allowed you between each period was the difficulty. You would most often have to go to your
locker too...grab your books for the next class and then run clear across the campus to get there before
the bell rang. And heaven forbid if you saw your boyfriend in the hallway because you had no time to visit
with him. LOL My first two years in HS I dated guys from other High Schools but my last two years I dated
guys from my School. Geesh...all this walking down memory lane just because I saw Schools Opening Today! Sorry girls! LOL

Sabrina...lucky you that you had 13 to start off with. That is amazing! Here in WA State and Oregon... at least
in the Large Cities there are few houses for sale and those that are... usually have bidding wars going. Most
houses go for cash and an elevated price. It is insane here. There is no affordable housing here even in
Apartment Living. The average Two Bedroom Apt rents here for 1,300 per month and there is a 7 month to 2 year
waiting list you have to go on first. When we got our Apt. 5 years ago we were on a 2 month list and had to take the Apt. sight unseen (just pictures off the computer what the general lay-out was). The first I got to see it
was the day before we moved in and I hated it! But I kept telling myself that The Lord gifted me with the ability to turn any place into a Home even if it was a Tent...and once we got in and I had my pretty things around me
then I liked it. Praise God! ~ Anyway I continue to pray that you find the "Perfect for You" Place with acreage.

Well, since I have been up for awhile I need a nap. So, more later girls.

Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 31 2016 11:32:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2016 :  1:22:11 PM  Show Profile
Hi gals! So fun reading about what everybody is doing, how school is starting all over the(world)at different times, about packing and moving...etc.,etc.,etc....*giggle*
Peg, Patsy just said I've 'gone down that hallway with you.*her way of saying I've gone round the bend* lol
She said your school days story woke up all kinds of memories. So... ya... don't apologize... we enjoyed it... and ya, on the 5 minutes to get to class story. And 'WHAT in the name of Mike' was the reasoning for putting your locker on the North side of the building when your bus was on the South side??? Do you know how many times I missed my bus? TOO Many!!! (we watched Polar Express the other night, hence the reference to 'The name of Mike')LOVE that movie. It was a Sissy Movie Night and what better movie to go back in time and be little girls again! Right?
We went to a United Methodist church last SonDay! After NOT having a piano at the Mennonite church, we liked having one again. But we're easy to please. As long as it's a church that has the 'Spirit of God' roaming around freely, we're happy!!!
Patsy is going home sometime this weekend. Where did that 2 months go? I'm already POUTING!!!
Dave is the same, just not coughing as much. He went to the V.A. on the 29th and has to wait for all his test results. You know the V.A., they aren't in any hurry for anything. Our wonderful military-system, like you younger gals are talking 'bout... doesn't get any better after they retire!
Darlene, so glad to see you on here!
Well, I hear my dryer calling. Toodles Porches!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"Give a weed an inch and it'll take a yard!"
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2016 :  4:26:01 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Peggy, I take 1, 30 billion pill. The reason I went with the one I take is because of the research I did.

Judy, glad you and your sister have such a good relationship. Love your church stories. Sorry Dave is having problems. Is he still coughing?

Hope PGT is ok. I know she is hurting. Oh the love we have for our furbabies!

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2016 :  7:13:44 PM  Show Profile
Yes Darlene, he's still coughing and being a nurse he has been reading his Merck's Manual a lot lately and thinks it's water in his lungs. That's why they did a bunch of tests and x-rays and such. Now we wait! *Ugh*

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Sep 01 2016 7:19:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2016 :  02:26:53 AM  Show Profile
Peggy-wow that housing situation sounds insane!! We have one more house to look at (virtually). The ONE from this week that ended up being an option Dustin doesn't love because of how far it is and it only has 3 acres. He says he will drive that far for more acres but he doesn't think that is enough. She is going to look at the last one on our list next week. It is our favorite, old farmhouse but with lots of updates on 14 acres. Lovely big red barn in great shape and some other smaller barns. Hopefully all the updates make it nice and livable and passable for a VA loan!

I can't remember if I said but Sydney and I were both sick last week. We had this random sore throat thing that is going around. Luckily we were both able to kick it in a couple days and are completely better now but with it staggered we pretty much didn't get anything done Tues-Thurs. Now I'm trying to catch up on cleaning and laundry. So far nobody else got it so hopefully they don't.

We went to get our plane tickets yesterday. We will be back in the US Nov 29th yay!! But we are running into trouble finding a flight to get us to Kansas or to Dallas (where family can help us with the rest of the trip) with me dog. None of the planes going from Baltimore to those places are big enough for his crate. So we are trying to figure out what we are going to do to get from Baltimore to Kansas. One way car rentals are super expensive and I don't think we would all fit with the dog and bags in even a mini van or large SUV. We may be renting an RV and having a road trip on the way. Luckily we have some time. The only reason we may be rushed would be if we don't have a house under contract or if we need to make it back by a certain day for closing. But I think we can work all that out. It is a bit stressful now though trying to figure all this out. I'll be glad when this move is over and we are all there and all our belongings and cars are there and we are just done!!!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2016 :  12:38:32 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

Yes, I am very sure that our dear friend Prairie Tammy is having a bad go of it...after having to put down
Kip and Oreo in just two weeks time. Heart breaking for sure. So keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

Sabrina...it will ALL come together in due time! And it must be so exciting looking for a Farm to buy...or
at least a house with acreage. With your growing family...that would be a huge benefit. Give them plenty of
places to roam and have fun...besides doing all the fun things that you can do with acreage...like large gardens,
animals, fruit trees, etc I will continue to pray for the Perfect Place for you. The one next week sounds
rather promising doesn't it?

Took yesterday off and did nothing but stay at home and rest-up and did laundry. The weather change just has
wiped me out. Slept good and long last night...got up and got my walk in. was a much cooler day...so I didn't
get my walk in very early but it was ok because it was over-cast and cool. I decided to not take thee dog this morning because those clouds looked threatening so I just grabbed my windbreaker and an umbrella and headed
out by myself. It only took me...1 hr 10 min...to walk 5 miles...20 min. less than when I have to push the
dog stroller. But now Snickers is mad at me because I didn't take him. LOL He is sulky and won't come to me.
Oh, they sure have their own personalities don't they? He is going to have to get use to it because once the
late fall and winter rains come I will be forced back into walking at the Fitness Center and he won't get to
go at all. I'm kind of attempting to ween him off the walks slowly...until then.

Not much else going on. Have a Beautiful day My Lovelies.

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2016 :  09:00:45 AM  Show Profile
Good morning on this cloudy and drizzly holiday morning. The weather has been matching my spirits unfortunately. Peggy thank you for requesting prayer for me. It has been hard to say the least.

My tea packets for this month will hopefully be out by the end of the month. I'm having problems focusing on completing the tucks with all the grieving but I'm trying to keep going. I'd hoped to get some done this weekend but the kids came and so nothing gets done when they're here unfortunately.

After Matt was adamant that I could not pet sit here at the house he made an exception for a guy he use to work with and I have a sh**zhu-Bishon mix 1.5 yr pup staying with us. WOW, talk about hyper! He also has no manners and just jumps on everybody and on me whenever I sit down. He's adorable and I'm sure that's why he's been allowed to behave so badly. We were assured he got along with cats and he keeps chasing our cats and harassing them (he's allowed to harass the chickens on the farm) to the point we had to close off our bedroom and keep the cats in there. I had to crate him at night because any time they'd try to move around in the house he'd chase them barking and wake us up. I don't think Matt will be allowing this again though. On a positive note, he was a good walking partner.

Well, I need to get some breakfast/brunch going so hopefully the kids will start motivating to go home. I'd like some down time before I have to go to work tonight. I hope everybody had a great holiday weekend.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Prairie Critter Pet Sitter
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2016 :  1:20:27 PM  Show Profile
Prairie Tammy...Great to see you on The Porch for a few minutes today. Please remember that you have the
entire month to get your Tea Packets out. We all understand what you are going through...and it is darn
hard! Maybe doing your teas pkgs will be a nice distraction and remember tucks are NOT required. If you
don't feel like doing them this year...then don't. ~ Having someone else's pet at your house is not easy
either...as everyone's life styles are different and what they allow isn't always what you would allow.
Even taking care of Snickers Brother Brindle sometimes is hard because Brindle is taller than Snickers and
he can jump up on the furniture and Snickers is shorter and can't jump up on our furniture which has
always been just fine with me...then I am not having to remove dog hair all the time. Brindle can also jump
up on our laps and he knows that makes Snicker's insanely jealous...so he does it all the more. LOL And on
and on the story goes. ~ Hope you got a bit of down time before you had to head off to work.

Yesterday Shane, Sadie, the kids, Patti and I went to Sauvie Island Farms. Both Bella Organic and The
Pumpkin Patch. It turned into a whole day affair but was a lot of FUN. We were all tired after going
through the Corn Maze, eating great food (better than fair food let me tell you) and shopping the two
Markets and the Gift Shop. We all bought produce and fun gifty items. Elijah had a melt-down he was so
tired and I would have too if I was 3 yrs old. To think he kept up with us all day long was Amazing!
We Also met a gal and her husband there...that my son works with. They hung out with us and were so nice
and let us run them ragged too. LOL This morning I slept in and enjoyed every minute of that. So, I will
have to do my main walk tonight. I did however take Snickers on his 3/4's of a mile walk...so I have
some of my 10,000 steps in already. It is suppose to rain tomorrow (our Anniversary) and then be nice
for the rest of the week with the Temps back into the mid-high 80's. Yay!!!

Judy...did I tell you that I finally got my new Dell Laptop...and it is Wonderful! And it is still working.
No black screen problem like I found with the two Asus Laptops. I would never buy that brand again on
a bet. My son had trouble with his too. One of the great features about this Dell is that the keyboard is
back lit. So, if you had to type at night and didn't want to wake some one up...you could still see your
keyboard. I love that feature!

OK girlies...I hope you have each had a Fabulous Holiday Weekend. Hop on and tell us what you did. Even if
it was stay home and relax...we want to hear about it.

Love and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2016 :  5:34:38 PM  Show Profile
Hi gals, Well Patsy left at 9:30 this morning. She just texted me that she's home. Sure is quiet round here.Even Rascal has been looking for her and meowing pitifully. Dave worked today and he just got home. Now we have 3 days off together before he goes back. It's spose to go up to 91 for 2 days then back down again. 70's by the w/e. I guess the colds are going round the schools already.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2994 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2994 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2016 :  09:27:32 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone. I watched a movie last night with hubby that I thought I'd recommend. It's called love finds you in Valentine. It's supposed to tke place in Valentine Nebraska, but hubby and I both said - that doesn't look like Nebraska. Sure enough - if you look at the lisance plates on the cars in town - it's OHIO!!! It's filmed in Millersburg - not too far from Judy!!! Besides that it was a great movie. Nice way to relax after a busy weekend.

Our jersey had a heifer calf :) I was super excited for that!! She was a week overdue and she's never had a heifer before so I was sure it would be a bull.

Mom was giving her a bath as I was feeding her. They're quite the pair. The baby sure is loud for as little as she is!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2016 :  10:04:07 AM  Show Profile
Oh Heather, that's too funny. Haha A Nebraska movie made in Ohio. Gotta wonder why they'd do that.
What a pretty baby. You should call her Justine cause she was born 'Just-tine'-time. Hahaha What's Mama's name? They look so purty laying there side by side.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Sep 06 2016 10:14:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2016 :  10:09:41 AM  Show Profile
Judy...Oh, sadness that sissy had to go home. I bet you both miss each other horribly..
but so glad you got your time together. I bet she is really lonely in her house all
alone. Since she has been gone so long I'm assuming she doesn't even have pets at her
place. I can't imagine having only yourself. Has she thought about down-sizing to an
Apartment or is she insistent on staying in her house? My Mother did that and I think
now she wishes she had downsized in her 60's when Dad died and gone to an Apartment.
Now in her 80's that is no longer even an option for her and her house feels like (to
her) that it is falling down around her ears. To me it just seems like a lot of work
that I will probably have to do. ~ Glad that you and hubby have 3 days together after
Patsy left. That will help you feel a little less lonely for her right off the bat.
I miss my little sister sooooooooooooo much. She was such a hoot and made me laugh every
time I talked to her or we were together. My Mother (my last remaining family member)
just makes me feel guilty when ever I talk to her. I call my mother once a week and
she says I only call her twice a month. I listen to her for 2 hrs straight and I swear
girl...I could put the phone down and go take a shower and come back and she would still
be talking to me and would never know I left the phone. LOL But every week she begs me
to please call more often.

Heather...Love your Jerseys. They are my favorite cow. These two are beauties. I love the
second picture! Now how come you have to bottle feed the baby? Doesn't the mama have milk?
Anyway, the pictures are Adorable! Jerseys have such Gorgeous Eyes!!!

My Hubby really over did our Anniversary today. He gave me $300.00 to pick out a piece of
Jewelry and two gift cards for $50.00 each. He keeps talking about being married for 3 decades
and what a long time we've been married and how Special that is. I'm thinking he doesn't
realize that we have been married for 32 years. You know his swiss cheese brain problem I was
telling you about. BUT I'm not going to remind him that he is wrong because I think I came
out ahead on this deal. LOL Especially because we both usually forget our Anniversary as it
comes on the heals of 4 family birthdays and Labor Day (and back to school when our kids were
still at home)...so by the time we took a breath from all that...we would remember that we forgot
our Anniversary in all the Excitement of the other things. ROFLOL

OK...it going to be Pajama Day until Later when we go out to Dinner as it is raining and my Fibro is
raging. More Later my Sweet Porchies!

Blessings and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2016 :  10:37:34 AM  Show Profile
Peg, We all have been telling Patsy about the perks of Apt.-living after a certain age and when there's no man around to do the maintenance. She's starting to see it too... since she walked into her house last night and the walls were covered with mold. Her SIL didn't go over and empty the dehumidifier every week like she said she would. In the mountains/forests of N.C. you have to keep the moisture out of a home in summer. It happened before, that's why she bought a dehumidifier after 18 years of living there. She said she should have bought it years ago. So now she has to wipe down all her walls. They are solid pine, even the ceilings, but still...lots of work. I told her to call the SIL and tell her she needs help doing it. Then tell her why it happened. Poor Sissy!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Sep 06 2016 10:38:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2016 :  4:32:04 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies,
I love that the porch has been busy. I have been a bit out of the loop lately. This past week I came down with a nasty cold that eventually sent me to the dr and meds and a lecture on rest. I am finally feeling better. Then over the weekend I did go one day to watch grandson show his pigs and my sons show for FFA and then spent the rest of the weekend doing nothing. Can I just say that felt good?

I have been trying to balance all that is expected of me at school...most days I sprint and advise and teach and have not much time to breathe and plan and balance at home. I really don't like bringing all my work from school home cause then I don't slow down and let go of the day. It is an issue I am wrestling with in prayer with God and not really at an answer but I know he is laying some things on my heart. I hate letting people down and I know at school my principal sees me a mentor/leader/do it all and while it is nice, it also has lots of responsibility and me learning to say this is what I can do. there is only one of me. I know some of it is working bugs out with new year but still there is much that is permanent too. Well I have rambled on about this long enough.

I am reading a bit every night and trying to get a bit of cross stitch in but right now it is my book that I want before sleep.

I am reading posts but please know I may not respond to all, but have you on prayer lists and in my thoughts
love and blessings,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2016 :  4:59:53 PM  Show Profile
I just read a saying on my 'Old Farmer's Almanac' that I'm sending to you over-achievers.
"Finish each day before you begin the next and interpose a solid wall of sleep between the two!"
-Ralph Waldo Emerson-

I like that. It says it all. We're here to enjoy life... not kill
Ourselves trying to do it all.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Sep 06 2016 5:02:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2016 :  6:10:51 PM  Show Profile
Teacher Tammy...you need to say "NO" when people want to overload you. Just because you
are a Leader/Hard worker/Mentor/and Great Teacher doesn't mean you want to fill every
job in the school. I learned a long time ago that people (even Christian people) know that
20 percent of their people will do all the work and they take full advantage of it. That
is why I wanted out of Ministry in the Church after 25 years of doing most of the work. My
whole family felt like we lived there more than at home. When we left The Church did every
thing to get us back...but you can only do it all for so long before you just burn out.
Pray about what God wants you to do and not do. He will guide you.

Judy...Oh, poor Patsy. I can't imagine going home and having to face that mess. Mercy me!!!
It is never fun to have to pack up and move but in the long run I think she would probably
be happier. It is nice to not have to do yard work or take care of emergency problems etc.

My Hubby had flowers delivered to me today too. They are just Gorgeous. He only slept for
an hour last night so he has been in bed all afternoon. So, I have been putting up my Fall
Decor today. I wanted to surprise my Grandson Tomorrow when he comes over. So, I'm tired.
I tried to nap this afternoon but my body wouldn't shut down. I will probably sleep great
tonight. I probably should go take my walk as I haven't done that yet today.

Good Night My Porchies!!!

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2016 :  6:59:35 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Happy Anniversary Peggy. Hubby sure out did himself. Lucky you!
What fun you have with your kids/grandkids. How do you keep up?

PGT still in my prayers.

Heather how cute your babies are.

Judy how's Dave? Any results? I bet you miss your sister like crazy. Mold is a nightmare! Poor Patsy!

TLT Hope you can find the balance you need to achieve peace.

Have a great night.

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2016 :  8:24:40 PM  Show Profile
Dave hasn't heard anything yet. Might be a week or so. V.A. doesn't know the meaning of 'hurry.'

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2016 :  05:25:09 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Judy, keeping you both lifted in prayer.

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2016 :  10:41:21 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies...

Darlene...you asked me how I keep up with the kids and grandkids?...I push myself and then
rest for a couple of days. I decided that at almost 65 I am doing everything my sons and DIL's
invite me to do. I don't want to miss one minute of fun. My husband rarely ever participates
but that is because he has his own health issues and deep depression on top of it. For awhile
I spent all my waking hours in Dr.'s Offices and Hospitals with him...but when the grands came
along I told him I was going to be an Active Grandma and he was always invited to join in the
fun but if he didn't it was his choice but not to expect me to sit in an Apartment and let life
pass me by. I want to build memories with my grandbabies. As I write I am sitting here waiting
Elijah to come for our Play Day (which I do every Wed. with him). It is just for 3 or 4 hours
but it is his opportunity to have Grandmama all by himself for that amount of time each week.
He often says to his Mom the minute they walk in the door..."Ok Mom, you can leave now." LOL
And I spend those 4 hours giving him my full undivided attention and I get down on the floor
and play with him...and we act silly and stupid and laugh our heads off. If I died tomorrow
I want him to remember that Grandmama was a fun and loving and hands on Grandma. Last week he
told his other Grandma that I was his Friend! Bingo! Just what I want to be. And what he does
for my Heart and Life is absolutely Priceless!!

Yes, My Hubby went so over the Top yesterday...it was Amazing! He still thinks it was our 30th
Anniversary. LOL But that's OK. He asked me what we were going to do for the next 30 years. In
away I think he has it in his head that this may be our last big Celebration and he wanted it to
be Special and indeed it was!!! But even though he has a lot going on badly in his health he
thinks he could die tomorrow. But longevity runs in his family...so, I'm thinking he will be
around for a long time yet.

OK girls...off for now. Hope you all have a Beautiful Wednesday!!!

Hugs and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page