Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2016 :  11:43:09 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
My 8th grand baby was born this morning! My baby(Justin) had his first baby.

Juliette Leeana Shuman was born at 9:30am this morning and weighed 7lb.1oz.

Mama had to do C section, but she and baby are doing fine. Isn't she cute?

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2016 :  11:54:31 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations, Patsy!!! Juliette is indeed beautiful and so is Mother! I'll bet your son is so excited and relieved!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

prichmond9
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Peggy
Pelham Tennessee
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2016 :  12:02:59 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by craftbug

My 8th grand baby was born this morning! My baby(Justin) had his first baby.

Juliette Leeana Shuman was born at 9:30am this morning and weighed 7lb.1oz.

Mama had to do C section, but she and baby are doing fine. Isn't she cute?

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)

Farm girl #5880
Consider the possibilities
Wherever I am, that's where I will be.
Go to Top of Page

prichmond9
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Peggy
Pelham Tennessee
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2016 :  12:06:18 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations on your new grand baby, lovely poignant photo of mother and child.

Farm girl #5880
Consider the possibilities
Wherever I am, that's where I will be.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2016 :  12:44:59 PM  Show Profile
My Gr-Niece is here, My Gr-Niece is here!!! Naw, I'm not excited at all!*gigglegigglegiggle*
Ok, I think I need a nap. It's only 3:30 and I feel like it's 8PM and time for Dave to come home. *sigh*
Between the storm waking me up... the baby coming , then another storm... I'm all in!!!* whew*
Ya, we just had another one of those weird storms. Same constant thunder that sounds like a train or 2 rumbling on our tracks down over the hill... and lightening. This time we had a loooong downpour and wind that didn't know which way to blow. It was scary... again... and again I said, "Even so, Come Lord Jesus!"
*whew*... what a day!
Judith, so sorry about all your water problems and driveway problems. Why does things like that happen all at once... like a double disaster?
Peg, I think my critter, which I truly believe was a groundhog, either ate enough (candy bar) and went off and died or just left. Either way, he's not trying to dig that spot up anymore. yaaa!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"Give a weed an inch and it'll take a yard!"

Edited by - herblady55 on Jun 16 2016 12:48:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2016 :  2:58:24 PM  Show Profile
Oh, such excitement Today:

Congratulation Patsy, Judy and the rest of the Family on the arrival of the new Grand-daughter/Niece.
That is so exciting!!! Can't get enough Grandbabies...they are each so precious aren't they? Glad
Mom and Juliette are doing fine. What a Sweet Picture...thanks for sharing Patsy!!! I'm sure son will
still be calling and FB-ing with lots of baby questions once they get her home. Very Pretty Name too!!

Judy...I have never experienced a Storm like that before...sounds so awe-inspiring the way you described
it. Glad you got to share it with your Sissy! (and Us) as we all got the goose-bumpies too. I'm rather
glad the Lord didn't come back today as I might have slept right through it. LOL My Tylenol 3 allowed
me to get the much needed sleep I lacked from last night. Now I have a migraine from it. Why do
pain relievers always give me a Migraine? I trade one pain for another. Geesh! ~ Glad your Critter moved
out or ran off and died. Well, if your house starts stinking you will know he didn't run off to die.
That would not be good. ~ Will you get to see and hold this new niece? Does your Nephew and Family live
close to you?

Judith...I wouldn't enjoy dealing with a flood every 8 years. Mercy me, what a pain...but at least it
was fresh clean water and not dirty river water. Your Drive Way Guys won't soon forget this particular
job will they? LOL Poor Fellows! Hope everything dries out for you soon. Prayers are with you!

OK...I need to get ready to to go to BnN and say goodbye to my Friend there. Larry and I are really
going to miss her. She is like a daughter to us.

More Later Lovely Porchies...
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2016 :  3:51:29 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Justin says: Lily may not get to see baby today. She can't go see baby cause still recovering from surgery and baby is hooked to IV and all that stuff being monitored. Baby sucked in some amniotic fluid with first breath and there some still in her lungs. As of now vitals are stable but first sign of distress there shipping baby to another hospital. Just what lily needs to hear after all that birth and don't even get to see her.

Coveting your prayers...

forgot to say that Justin took lots of pics on his phone to show Lily.Sad to only be able to see her that way for now. She just gave her that one kiss...

Edited by - craftbug on Jun 16 2016 3:56:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2016 :  8:18:39 PM  Show Profile
No Peg, Justin, Lilybette n Juliette live in California. Don't you just love the girls names. So unusual and pretty! Juliette's birthday is 6/16/16. Mine is 2/2/55. Cool numbers! She was 21 inches long. I was 21 1/2.She has long legs and long, skinny feet with high arches. Me too! Yup... she's gonna be a beauty... just like her Gr-Auntie! hahahahahahahahahahaha. (just being modest)

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2016 :  12:11:08 AM  Show Profile
Judy...you are way to Modest Great Auntie!!! LOL I love her birth-date 6/16/16...that is going to
be easy for everyone to remember. She has a lot of hair too. Praying that she will be just fine and
not have to be flighted off to another Hospital. Hopefully Mommy will get to hold her tomorrow and
love on her. One kiss just isn't going to be enough...though they both probably need a good nights
rest. Daddy too!

Patsy...does she look more like mommy or daddy or a little of both? We already know she is a mini-me
of her Great Aunt. LOL My two youngest Grand kids look more like Mommy and her side of the family...
more than my son and our side. Savannah Grace has my eyebrows and that is it. LOL All the cute parts
are her beautiful mommy through and through.

Hope to see lots of pictures as she grows Grandma! And again Congratulations!

Blessings and Prayers,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 17 2016 12:13:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2016 :  7:39:23 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Thanks everyone for the congrats..

Lily was able to breast feed the baby and all went without a hitch..so all are happy. Good to hear some good news for a change.
They got to have a special dinner to celebrate the baby's birth today at the hospital.Hope they get to go home soon..

She looks like both parents.

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2016 :  4:26:21 PM  Show Profile
This is great news, Patsy!!!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2016 :  4:53:24 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon ladies,

Congrats Patsy and Judy...she is just beautiful.
Peggy I will have to check out the other series you mentioned. But first must finish the three Aurora Teagarden ones I have checked out.

We are nearly done cleaning out my sweet mother in law's house. Oh my the history we have found. And of course junk and then things all of us wanted. We have the kitchen left. But we have decided to be done for a bit.

The heat here is awful. We are at 100 today. I am staying inside. Would appreciate some prayers. A dear friend I teach with son was in a very bad accident today along with another family from our school. My dear friends son is in critical condition and it will be several days before they will really know the extent of his injuries. The other family's son hit my dear friends son. He has a broken hand, hurt leg, and much glass embedded and bruises. Both boys were wearing seatbelts but their cars tboned and went airborne. It is truly a miracle either survived. If my friend's son doesn't make it, the other boy will be devasted. I have taught both boys. I saw the life flight after we met ambulance this morning and it was so odd God put on my heart to pray and I had a pit in my stomach. I was relieved it wasn't my own but sad for both families. One a dear friend to me and the other the sweetest family. Please pray. My friend has asked me to get as many to pray as possible. It is her youngest, her baby. As a mama I know how things like this cut to the core. Thank you.

well I am off for supper and movie on the couch. Praying the heat stops soon.
yall have a lovely evening,
Love and blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2016 :  5:53:47 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, how awful and how many times do you know BOTH parties, the way you do, in an accident. I'm so sorry. I will be Praying AND for your heat situation. *ugh* That's hot. We have been near 90's and I think THAT'S too much, so I can't imagine 100!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2016 :  07:48:10 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies,
I thought I would pop in before I get busy with my day. Today the temps have dropped to mid 80's thank the Lord for that. It is bearable. I am going to actually go outside and check flowers and things and maybe my wings will not melt. lol

I have finished up the Aurora teagarden book and so I m going to start the next one. I love the first one. I am also reading Kisses from Kate for school and then I stumbled upon a very cool magazine called Bella Grace from Barnes and Noble. It is expensive but comes out quarterly and it is worth the money. I am in love with it.

My two dogs are driving me crazy today. They are acting like two year olds. Tucker does not understand he is much bigger than Jax and that maybe he should let him be. Jax will scratch his nose. I feel like I am a referee lol

well not much else today. I suppose I best get on with my day.
love and blessings,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2016 :  1:13:26 PM  Show Profile
Just posted a really long POST with pictures and everything and *Poof* gone.

Maybe I will try again later after I go kick something first. LOL

Hugs,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2016 :  5:56:40 PM  Show Profile
Awwww Peg... so sorry to hear that. Those disgusting 'putter fairies' are at it again huh?
Today is our 10th anniversary. Dave gave me a card with train tickets in it to ride from Akron to Cleveland, shop and come back. We go Weds.That's one thing off my 'Bucket-List!' Yeaaaa!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2016 :  6:44:39 PM  Show Profile
TLTammy, I will pray for the boys in the accident and the families and of course you too! I hope both boys make it.

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2016 :  12:15:13 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Patsy and Judy!

Tammy so sorry about your friend's son, I will be praying.

Not much new here waiting to hear if we can officially move early and get the final confirmation on going to Kansas. Who knows how long that will take. D is on leave this week and most of next so trying to get ahead on a few things and planning a couple fun family days.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2016 :  12:43:04 PM  Show Profile
Hello Chicklettes! On the porch for a moment then flutter away again for who knows how long. Waiting for a call about my work manifest for tomarrow, as I need some help on stuff. So congrats on the the baby! glad mom and babe are doing well! prayers sent for all who are in need of it. Gardens are in and with some compost amending, are doing well. My little man made it into 3rd grade, but it felt like I was pushing him up hill all the way. He's going to be taking some classes that his school is offering to boost him up for September. went on a much needed vaca with my hubby, little man and mil. was great! went to the Swedish sommerfest in New Sweden up in the county (Aroostook). Saw the Acadian Village in Van Buren and a small old time railroad museum. Tractor show this coming weekend then the real summer work of haying and berries begins. Darn deer ate my tulips so I made a "scare deer" for the gardens. LOL. Used pvc pipe to make him. Came out good. can take him out to cultivate with the tractor and replace him.

ttfn

Lorie

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2016 :  3:55:36 PM  Show Profile
Good evening ladies. It's an overcast evening with possibility of rain here. I'm almost hoping it does rain again as it will give me a reason to stay in and not work outside lol I have an intake interview tonight for a new pet sitting client, my first referral! The couple I pet sit for over the weekend recommended me to a friend and I'll pet sit Thur through Sat for them. Slow and stead :O)

Judy and Patsy - Congratulations on the grand niece! Super cute.

Tammy - sorry about the boys. How awful for whichever one caused the accident. I pray both the boys are okay and heal. I will keep them in prayer.

Well I need to get ready for my appointment. Take care everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/

Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2016 :  12:28:42 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

Still have ruffled feathers over my last post. Still kicking cans, rocks, sticks trying to get
un-frustrated.

Headed to the Beach with Grandkids, Youngest Son, Wife and MIL in the morning. We rented a big
house right on the Ocean. Can't wait!!! 2 days of rain and 2 days of sunshine. We will eat out and
shop on the rainy days and then play on the Beach on the two sunny days. Hubby just got back from
4 days in Spokane visiting his kids & grands so he wants to stay home with the dog. They could both
come too but he is too tired.

I plan to go off the grid as much as possible and just enjoy my family.
Be back soon!!

Praying for the boys in the car accident. So terrible!!!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2016 :  11:10:42 AM  Show Profile
Hi Gals, We had a great time yesterday on the Cuyahoga Scenic Railroad trip. Mind you, I really, really like trains. The fact that I got to ride on one just over whelmed me. I saw it coming round the corner blasting it's horn, belching black smoke and I burst into tears. Goofy? Probably! Dave just hugged me. He knew that this 'Bucket List' thing... well... it's just a (Me) thing!. lol It was a 4 hour round trip that stopped 8 times and picked up bikers, hikers and tourists(probably like Pegs trains, only slower, I don't know) but it was fun to me. Relaxing, slow-paced, lots of knowledgeable staff to tell stories of how the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic RR came to be in 1930. Just wonderful, but then... as I said....I really, really like trains!!!
We wanted to see if we would like a train ride so that when Patsy comes up we will take her with us and stop off at Hale Farm & Village and spend the day. I've been wanting to go there. It's a wonderful place to tour & learn about how people lived and made their living in the 1800's. I've heard that the food is great, the displays are amazing and the shopping is fabulous. What's not to like? Right?.... and then you get to take the train back to your car. I mean, how GREAT is that? ... Did I mention..."I really, really like trains!!"

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2016 :  2:20:11 PM  Show Profile
Just jumping on to ask for prayer. Took Tip, my male border collie, to the vet for what I thought was anxiety issues again to find out he's got an enlarged heart with fluid around it and in his lungs (ie. congestive heart failure). He's on more meds to help the heart beat stronger and a diuretic to help with the fluid. After researching it online after I got home, DogMD states that most dogs once diagnosed with it only last 6 to 18 months. Yes, he's old. He'll be 15 years in September so he's had a good life but it doesn't make it less heart breaking to know his clock is rapidly winding down.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/

Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2016 :  3:08:38 PM  Show Profile
I'm sorry to hear Tammy. Loved my border collie mix. She lived until she was 14. He'll tell you when he's ready to go over the rainbow bridge. I think the thing that makes these choices sadder is when the pet owners aren't ready to let go and don't listen to their pets. The right thing to do is always the hardest. Prayers to you.

Lorie

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2016 :  12:19:28 AM  Show Profile
Judy...I think you must LOVE Trains...if you cried!!! I love trains too and so enjoy riding them.
I think it is awesome that you, Dave and Patsy will get to go to The Hale Farm and Village via train.
How awesome will that be? My Train ride to Seattle is four hours one way...but it makes lots of short
and fast pit stops a long the way too. Most are just a 5 minute unload and load! One pit stop is literally
in the middle of some farmers wheat field. I kid you not! And the Seattle Train Station is Historic
and Beautiful! Our Vancouver Station reminds me of one you would read about in a Mary Engels book.
Small...probably hold 50 people max inside. But is adorable in it's plain...utilitarian way.

Prairie Tammy...I am so sorry about Tip. I think it would be even harder to have the loss of a dog that
you have had for 15 + years. I will be praying that he goes gently and peacefully and that God will
wrap you in arms of comfort when the time comes. In a way...I think it would be best to know that...
he has just a short time left with you because you can love on him all the more. And make him aware
how much his loyalty, love, and companionship has meant to you...by giving him lots of extra added
love and attention. I do believe that animals will be in Heaven and we will see them again. Take comfort
in that!

The Beach was so Wonderful Girls!!! 4 Glorious Days and 3 nights. The Grand kids kept me in stitches the
whole time...especially my sweet Elijah. My son and dil called her mom and me "Thelma and Louise"...and
we enjoyed their ribbing. Patti and I are great friends!! She took her car and so we rode down and back
together. ~ My Aunt Gladys that died last July...(my mom's sister)...was finally released out in the
Ocean waves at her favorite Beach. My Son and I scattered her ashes...and I know she would be so happy
about that! Sadie took pictures of us doing this...so I can email them to my mom. Gladys was mom's last
sibling to go home to The Lord.

I'm very tired...but it was so Splendid of a time...I hate to come back home. I would have loved to
stay another week. I did trip over a small lip of concrete and fell flat on my face and broke my glasses.
Only got a Scratch down from my right eye to my temple and a red mark under my nose. So, it could have
been so much worse. I was able to roll with the fall and that helped save me from further injury.

Will share some pictures later this week!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page