Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 26 2016 :  1:20:16 PM  Show Profile
Teacher Tammy...I got your Friend Request!! Thank You! We must be the Royal Queen Twins of Purple! LOL

Prairie Tammy please friend request me too. As you did not come up on FB when I tried to find you.
PeggyAnn Pierce Smith Vancouver, WA 98665

hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - May 26 2016 :  7:21:30 PM  Show Profile
Peggy - I sent you a friend request.

Shannon - So sorry about the news regarding your nephew. How horrible. I can only pray it will be peaceful and the poor thing won't be in any pain or discomfort. So tragic to lose one so young.

Well my quiet, relaxing weekend may not occur. The kids might be coming with their new dog (sigh). Hope everybody has a great holiday weekend.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/

Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 26 2016 :  9:10:31 PM  Show Profile
Well, what a wonderful time we all had. Children running, playing, giggling, adults laughing, loving and all of us sharing many, many Hugs&Squeezles... and squishes! lol Telling stories and tales on each other. We had hamburgers, hot dogs, Italian sausages, tater salad, mac salad, coleslaw, chips of all kinds and beverages including Choc milk, which is something I started with Patsy's young-ins back in the 80's.One little 4 y.o. girl asked me what she was drinking. I said choc milk. She said how do you make it. I said I bought it. She said I like it, it's good. But how do you make it? I said, just put some powdered choc in a glass of milk. I'm glad you like it, I'll bring it again when you're here. *SHOCK*
Can you imagine NOT knowing what choc milk is? Dear-oh dear! Her mom is strict about what they eat. I understand limiting sweets, but, Dear-Oh-Dear, not knowing what choc milk is?!
So, it was a GREAT time had by all. Even Dave had a good time. But when we got home, he was in bed in 20 minutes. Has to get up at 4:30. *sigh* These fun times with family never happen on a day that he can sleep in the next day! Poor feller! hahaha
G'nite Gals! I'm tired too!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"Give a weed an inch and it'll take a yard!"
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - May 27 2016 :  03:42:24 AM  Show Profile
Shannon-I'm praying for your nephew and family. So sorry y'all are going through that.

Peggy-yeah it is frustrating, he needs to call and arrange to have it towed back here then we figure out how to fix it. We definitely can't buy another car right now so hopefully he can make it work, even if he only drives it when I need the van.

Judy-I don't know if my kids know what chocolate milk is....they have had hot chocolate a few times. I have to be careful because those powders often have things they can't have in them due to food sensitivities. I also really try to avoid any sort of flavored milks until they are older because I know too many kids who will ONLY drink flavored milks or juice or kool-aid. I make sure my kids are used to drinking water and plain milk before I let them have sweet drinks. And we really don't drink that much milk as a drink, mostly water. I could totally see one of mine at 4 asking what chocolate milk is.

Our paperwork that we are waiting for has supposedly been marked as a priority for first thing tuesday morning (everyone is off until then for Memorial Day). Hopefully we hear back sometime Tuesday. Dustin says he isn't sure if the guy who makes the assignments will accept the emailed copy or if we will have to wait for it to reflect in his online personnel record (which will take another 7-10 business days). So with any luck maybe we will hear something next week but it may still be a few weeks. He is looking into trying to get a slot that is open at the end of December but we don't know what would be required to move that early.

Otherwise all is about the same. I am cleaning floors today. Of course as soon as I mop my kids walk on the wet floor....guess that is how it goes. And then the dog goes and lays on the floor and leaves hair everywhere!

Oh here is my facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sobyn

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 27 2016 :  10:48:24 AM  Show Profile
Sabrina, thanks for informing me of food allergies. When we were growing up there wasn't such a thing that we knew of. We grew up out in the country and ate mostly what we grew, with the occasional meal out(mostly Chicken Manor or Tasty Freeze or Isaly's just for a cooling cone, don't ya know). We didn't get a whole lot of junk food either or pop. Patsy and I split a can of pop maybe on w/e when we had popcorn or the occasional dish of chips. I think we grew up in a time when foods were purer and there weren't so many problems with additives. Milk was served at every meal because of the calcium and Kool-aid was served in summer to keep us hydrated, Mama said. It was the kind you sweetened yourself and she used about half the sugar it called for. We loved our water so we drank plenty of it. Yup, I have to say that the foods were 'Purer!' I truly believe that!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 27 2016 :  11:32:27 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

Judy...I so agree with you on the food thing. We did have purer foods when we were growing up and
we rarely ever had soda. Maybe 4 times a year if that much. We always drank milk and water. But I
hated water and still do. I force myself to drink it now even. We always had a vegetable garden
growing up and we had Farm Fresh Milk and Cheese delivered to our door. We also had a lot of desserts
with our Dinners but rarely had Candy. Once a month mom would buy a small bag of candy and put it
in the living room candy dish...and you had to ask for a piece of it. Usually mom said no but about
the 5th time you asked she would say, "Yes, and only 1". We also walked everywhere...we only had
one car and dad was a traveling Sales Rep in the Automotive Industry. So 5 days out of the week we
walked everywhere we needed to go. If our parents thought we could walk during the weekend...they
wouldn't drive us either. So, yeah it was a way healthier life style in lots of respects.
Glad your cook-out and family time was ENJOYABLE Judy. To me those are the most fun times in life!

Sabrina
...don't you just love having to hurry up and wait??? By the way they do make Chocolate Almond
Milk that is quit tasty. I like it once in awhile myself. When we were kids we loved Ovaltine and
Hershey's Chocolate Milk. But again we had to ask for it and therefore rarely got to have it. My
mom ruled her Kitchen, House, and Kids like a Gestapo. She was beyond strict! We all thought she was
Mean and she still is! LOL

Both Tammy's...thanks for the Friend Requests. If anyone is doing Fitbit...friend me on there too.
I just won my 500 mile Walking Badge on Fitbit today. Feels more like 5,000 in 4 months. LOL

Last Nights Bible Study was the last Study until Fall. It was a strange night however. I felt totally
rushed in my teaching, my grand-kids were there and they were a distraction because everyone loves to
mother and grandmother them. Our discussions took us down The Rabbit Whole and I had to keep bringing
the gals back to the original point of topic. We also didn't finish the book. Which rarely but sometimes
happens. So, I will finish the last week of sessions this fall before we move onto a new Study. The
whole night just seemed OFF Kilter. Maybe it was just me...I'm not sure.

This time next week I will be in Seattle with my Grand-daughters for 6 days. I haven't even left yet and Larry is already going into a deeper depression. That weighs heavily on me while I'm gone. Him and our
youngest son are having communication issues (my husbands fault) and I always rely on Shane to check up on Larry while I am gone. Plus I call Larry once or twice a day to see how he is fairing. But Shane is upset
with his dad...so I don't know if I can depend on him to do what he usually is so willing to do. I would feel better if I could have someone stay with Larry but he would never go for that. LOL
He doesn't think he needs a babysitter...LOL...but he does. He always hurts himself when I am gone. That is when I could use Judy with her hands on her hips...to make him toe the line. LOL

Well, got my 10,000 steps in for the day already...and it's a good thing because now it is raining.
Hope everyone has a Great Memorial Day Weekend!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 28 2016 10:57:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 27 2016 :  11:38:39 AM  Show Profile
Hi all,
just in for a quick bit. It is cool here and storms are on the horizon again.

Peggy Ann I sent you a fitbit request. I am no where my 10000 steps today. I am lagging ...my butterfly wings are tired I guess I will say a prayer for Larry and son both and hope that all is well while you are gone.
I don't know much today lol so I am heading to afternoon tea
love and blessings
Tammy
S

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 27 2016 :  5:57:19 PM  Show Profile
GESTAPO.... that was my Mama too! hahaha We had the same life growing up Peg. YES, we asked for everything when we wanted something. None of this 'getting it yourself' went on in those days and 'ONLY ONE' piece no matter what it was. Eating was NOT a hobby or form of entertainment like it is now! You ate to live NOT lived to eat! We ate well. Oat candy as it was called then in Mama's big cookbook,(they call it no-bake cookies now) was the main candy in our house all year until Christmas when Mom & Dad made other candies and bought Christmas candies. I took a container of my Mom's oat candy to the cookout, only, I doctored it up so that my family could see what you could do with that recipe. I added coffee crystals, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries, raisins, crushed pecans and flax seeds to it. I told them it was my 'energy bombs', perfect for camping, hiking, biking, whatever task you need energy for.They went nuts over it! They know that Auntie loves to dig thru the cabinets and create! hahaha My Mom always told me that I ruined it. She always just stuck to the recipe! Not me... ever! Sorry Mama, I did it again!hahaha

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on May 27 2016 5:59:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 28 2016 :  11:09:38 AM  Show Profile
Judy...even to this day I NEVER open my moms refrigerator without asking? LOL And even though I am
the last living family member and I will handle her Estate...she does not see the need to give
me a key to her house. I said, "So, you just want me to break the window and crawl in?" She said,
"No, I will give your sister in law the key as should would probably get here faster than you could."
I have laughed my head off over that! It won't really matter as I'm sure my mom will out live me
too! She is too ornery to die. LOL

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 28 2016 :  11:42:04 AM  Show Profile
ROFLROFL...I hear THAT Peg!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - May 28 2016 :  3:12:25 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies! Well my planned weekend got blown apart before it started LOL Walked in after picking up some gardening supplies to be informed by Matt that he'd invited Jordon and crew for the weekend. We had planned to go to the flea market and we did do that this morning. Found some awesome items too.

I fell in love with this picture (below). The barn, the barn quilt and the little cardinal in the trr all drew me and I knew I had to have it. Not bad for $25. I'm not sure if I want to move it down so it's more of a background for the figurines in front or not. I need to decide if I want to get a frame for it too. The red in the quilt picks up the red in the curtains I put up a while back. It will help when we get rid of that paneling and get real drywall up so I can paint the walls. The cute sheep on the shelves were all Matt's mom's that he picked up when he was back last weekend. I just love the bobble knit ones on the right. I use to have my tea sets on those shelves but I'm liking this more country look for that area.

I don't have pics of it yet but we got the iron side pieces for a bench that you use wood planks for the seat. The cool thing about this iron bench is the handles on it have lion heads on them! We're going to use the same paint I used on the bookcase base. They're pretty rusty so I'll have to take a wire brush to them this week and clean them up before painting them.

I also picked up some Wildtree spices and marinades. The woman had made an Asian stir-fry with one of their marinade sauces that was delicious so I had to get that. I know Linda's Pantry sells Wildtree and recommends their projects. We tried their biscotti mix out around Christmas and dipped them in chocolate and both Matt and I enjoyed them. Has anybody else used their products? and if so which ones did you really like or dislike?

Judy - That is so neat. My family was so small I only remember one family reunion while I was a child. I think it's one reason I admired the Amish so much is that they have such huge families and extended families.

Okay, I need to start working on supper. Hope everybody is having an awesome weekend!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363

Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 28 2016 :  8:20:14 PM  Show Profile
Prairie Tammy...Oh, I LOVE the Picture and your Adorable Sheep. I think I agree with you idea
to move the picture down and let the sheep and woman be a part of the picture. Keep it centered
like you have it but just move it down. Great Idea!!! And what a find on the Picture!!! Awesome
Thrift Shopping Day for you!!! I went Thrift Shopping today too...but had only one thing I was
looking for and that was a new dresser. My old one was cheap and all of a sudden it went katiwampas
and the drawers would neither pull out easily or go back in easily. I tried to tighten it up but
to no avail. I decided maybe an old one would be made more sturdily but all the good old ones
were selling for close to $300.00. But I found a really good Red IKEA dresser (used) for $85.00
in a Thrift Shop in Portland. Brought it home and it is just Perfect! It also holds my Bedroom
TV Perfectly too...so, I am Happy!! I can post a picture later. It is pretty basic but I really like
it. Excuse the camera flash right in your eye ball!! LOL

OK...off to check my other Places of Interest. But The Porch is where I always come first!!

Love and Hugs,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 29 2016 05:01:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 28 2016 :  9:11:04 PM  Show Profile
This is a old buffet that Dave found for us this past winter at a Thrift store for only $40.00.We got our first flat screen TV and put it on the wall then decided we needed an old dresser or something to put DVD's, CD's and cords 'n such in. I chased out the spiders and red oiled it and it came out great. It's heavy n solid wood! Rascal was picking out an animal movie for us to watch that night(and he made sure his mom got rid of ALL those spiders).* giggle* I think the last owner had stored it in a shed, by the looks of things.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 29 2016 :  05:10:21 AM  Show Profile
Judy...OK girlie, I am so coming Thrift Shopping with you guys!!! That would sell for at least
$250.00 to $350.00 here in a Thrift Shop. And if It was in an Antique Shop even higher.
You got better than a steal on that deal. I'm so very Jealous and you know what God says
about coveting your Neighbors stuff! ROFLOL That is a beautiful piece of Furniture! How come you
didn't share that Great Find before? You were afraid I'd just come right over when you were asleep
and pack it off to my house weren't you? *giggle*

Hugs and Squishies,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 29 2016 05:13:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 29 2016 :  8:39:54 PM  Show Profile
Peg, I was wondering if I showed you Gals this before. I'd say by your response...I didn't. *giggle* I must have showed it around to my family a few times and forgot to show it or assumed I'd shown it to you. Ooops!
hahahaha I can't believe Dave found it for such a price either. Come to think of it he found my Lane Cedar Chest there too. It's a Missionary Thrift Store where all of the employees volunteer, only the manager is paid and all of the proceeds goes to places like Africa. You'd think they would have higher prices since it's for a good cause. But.... No! All reasonable.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on May 29 2016 8:43:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2016 :  6:07:36 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies,
hope you have had a wonderful day. My day was a full day. Started at the dentist for my annual cleaning and came out good. Then had some errands at Staples and then groceries. Now yall you would think my teacher side would be on summer vacation, but here is what happens when Staples is having a sale on office supplies, notebooks, sticky notes....it is like a kid being in a candy store. 80.00 later I came out prepared for my desk to be organized this next year...cute sticky notes, purple pens, and notebooks for a variety of things...Did I say I love papers and stationary. I giggled cause I really went to staples for something else and came home without it. ...lol but my desk will sure be pretty...hahahahah Then to get groceries.

I worked outside a bit and exercised and then smelled all my new delightful teas that came from Harney this morning....Talk about being in love...oh my

well as you can see I have been busy so I believe it is time for a good book.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2016 :  7:39:05 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

I have had a busy day too. Got my 10,000 Steps in by 10:30. Then came home and started packing for my
trip to Seattle tomorrow. Can't wait to play with my Grand-daughters. Then discovered I needed to do
one load of Laundry for a couple things I wanted to wear while there. Then I went to Barnes and Noble
to meet with to young Christian Girls (early 20's). Olivia had to read the Book TUESDAY WITH MORRIE...
And then interview someone whom she thought was wise and mature. I told her I was mature but the wise
was up for debate. LOL Then she had to take a picture with me. I am so encourage by young women like
this who are so on fire for the Lord. We had such a good time together and I found them both so refreshing. I have known Ashley since she was a baby but had never met her friend Olivia before. I asked
them if I could pray for them before they left and they allowed me the privilege. Sweet Sweet Girls!

Now I am home tackling that one load of laundry and packing. It is so hard to know what to pack. Seattle
is about 10 degrees cooler than Vancouver/Portland area. Which is good because this weekend is going
to be in the 100's here. And I bet my husband will still have the heat on. The man's thermostat is way
off kilter. My husband and youngest son finally worked through their disagreement...so now I know Shane
will check on his dad while I am gone. Which gives me a bit more peace about leaving.

I take the Train at 12:15 tomorrow and then get in Seattle around 3:30. I will have a little wait for my
daughter in law to get off work but that is ok. The Seattle Train Station is really pretty!

Well Tammy you are a True Teacher...getting those School Supplies early!!! I noticed the Purple Items you
mentioned! My Purple Sista!!! Tammy have you ever read the book WHERE THE LILACS STILL BLOOM by Jane Kirkpatrick? This is the Story of the Lilac Lady who I talk about going to her Home around Mother's Day each year. I just downloaded it and am liking it. In the past I have NOT been a fan of this Author but others told me it was good read. I think Judy and Prairie Tammy would like it too.

Judy...I still want to go Thrift Shopping with you sister!!! Yes, please remember to share your great
finds with us. I love to see people's wonderful finds.

OK...need to go move the wash to the dryer. Will try to hop on a couple times when I'm in Seattle.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2016 :  08:04:18 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! We are continuing to prepare for our move later this month. It looks like the military will give us an exception for housing and let us move on base for a couple months. It is going to cost us an arm and a leg, but it will be worth us being able to stay together! I am super relieved to know we have a place!!!! Now to finish packing and get ready to move :) God is so faithful!!!!

Blake is home now, though sill having 4-6 seizures each day :( Hopefully his meds will kick in soon! My cousin started a fundraiser to help with the costs of Blake's medical expenses. I wanted to see if any of you are interested. You can order the t-shirt and give extra donations, if desired. https://www.bonfirefunds.com/blake-strong

Today I am trying to catch up on some things I am behind in, as well as make a grocery list. I ned to go get some goat milk for Emi to make some formula. She is not only failure to thrive, but also malnourished. We are wondering if it might be due to my dairy allergy, which I just found out I have! We are going to supplement her with homemade formula to try to get more fat on her! She is down to 11.5 pounds, at 9 months!!! I have to admit, being dairy free is HARD!!!

Peggy - I am so proud of you for hitting your steps everyday! I am HORRIBLE at it!!!

Sabrina - how are things going with the military?????

Judy - love the sound of that thrift store!!!! What a great cause!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2016 :  7:51:51 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies. I'm so wanting to sit around a firepit and just have a good ole chat with ya all while we roast marshmallows that I think we'll move from the porch so we don't set it on fire lol. Matt made some homemade Canadian bacon Tuesday so I'll pass some of that around as it's absolutely delicious. It's the first time we've made it and it will be a frequent item in the smoker from now on for sure. He's going to try pastrami next (yum).

It's been raining off and on today and raining throughout the week. I took the pups for a walk but we're all still feeling antsy and I'm not sure why. Must be the energy in the air from all the storms. I had to bring the pups into the bedroom and lounge in here because the man was getting irritated at all our figgetiness. Unfortunately I don't have a TV in here but that's fine as I was reading anyway.

Tammy - I also love stationary. I could buy tons of it and still want to buy more.

Peggy - I was I was walking that much. I've been totally forgetting to even wear or recharge my Fitbit. I need to get on that and start walking but I've just been so tired that I don't get up early enough to walk before work.

I'm really excited I found a women's group on FB called Wild Women which is based out of Bismarck (100 miles west of me) that does all sorts of outdoor things. I'm hoping to get a kayak this summer and possible go on a trip with them on the weekends. They're looking at setting up a handgun safety class this fall in Minot, which is I think about 200 miles away, but would be worth it as I've seen nothing locally like it. They run a woman's only hunter's safety course too but unfortunately I missed it for this year. They snowshoe and cross country ski in the winter as well as hunting and a host of other activities. I wish I was closer to participate in more of them.

I finally got Slow Love - How I Lost My Job, Put on my Pajamas & Found Happiness by Dominique Browning in the mail today. The BrocanteHome Living Room group is doing a group read on it. I ordered a used copy and they waited over a week before mailing so I'm getting a late start. Good thing I read fast lol I'm also listening to Wild - From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed. I wasn't sure I was going to continue with it at first but now she's on the trail it's become more interesting. I finished The Cozy Life - Rediscover the Joy of the Simple Things Through the Danish Concept of Hygge. It's a short book but some good ideas on simplifying life to enjoy it more. I noticed a couple other books on the Danish hygge on Amazon when I ordered it that I might look at purchasing. I first heard the word when I listed to Living a Year Danishly a while back. I also finished Dragon Rose - Tales of the Latter Kingdoms by Christine Pop, which was a free kindle book, but pretty good actually.

I have to work 1:30-10 tomorrow. Weird shift. It really ruins the entire day. I can't really start anything and it will be bedtime by the time I get home. I don't know if I mentioned Matt put the new windows in on Monday or not but he's going to be finishing the trim on those this weekend. Sunday I'm not sure if I'll totally collapse or actually get some work done (sigh).

Well, I'm going to make a cup of hibiscus tea with some honey and blueberries in it. Someone post about making a cup of it this morning and it just sounded so good. I'll sip on it as I read before crashing for the night. Have a wonderful weekend everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363

Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2016 :  06:27:56 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies,

it seems to be pretty quiet around here lately. I love seeing your thrift store finds though!

Well our EFMP stuff finally got processed (20 days after the appointment, so much for 3-5 days!). So now we can move on to getting an assignment. Who knows how long that will take.

Our last Sunday of children's church was yesterday. I am not going to run it in the fall and nobody has stepped forward to take over. I kind of feel like the whole thing was sort of a failure. It was hard because even though we said the age was 6-9 people sent their 4 and 5 year olds (and sometimes 3-year-olds!) and the curriculum was really aimed at elementary kids so those little ones really couldn't follow along very well. (We have nursery for kids up to 5 but people wanted them to go to "class"). Plus we never really got a good group of volunteers so it all fell on hubby and me. Oh well. I tried.

So now I'm just working on VBS-not sure why I agreed to that. You would think I would have learned. Thing is it isn't the kids I have issues with I love working with them. But the lack of communication and support from leadership and the unwillingness of people to volunteer is downright discouraging. And I'm working on getting CC stuff organized for next year.

I haven't written on my blog in months. I just either haven't been able to find the time or haven't been able to think of anything good to write about. I'm having a lot of doubts about blogging at all.

I'm really struggling with tiredness lately. I have no energy and can't seem to get motivated to do anything. My to-do list is so long but even looking at it just makes me feel stressed and discouraged. I think I need a vacation, on the other hand that would just end up being more work for me!!

Hope you are all doing well!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2016 :  08:00:41 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies! Things here are rocky and I could so use a break, sitting on the porch, listening to the beautiful sounds of nature! Took Emi into the hospital last week... she is so not doing well!!! She is now under 11.5 pounds!!! We figured out I am allergic to dairy, so we are hoping she will start picking up weight now that I am off it! I will be supplementing her with formula as well! I'll be making it, as I want to be sure it is both nutritional and not made from cow milk or soy milk!

Did I tell you we got a hardship exception to live on base??? We move in the end of June! So thankful we have somewhere to go as a family!!! We put an offer in on a house out in Wyoming. Super excited and nervous all at the same time!

Sabrina - You sound super discouraged and defeated! I am so sorry! It sounds like you need a break!!! Is there anyway to back out of VBS??? I'm not usually one to back out of things, but it sounds like you really need a breather!

PGTammy - homemade canadian bacon!?!? super yummy!!! How in the world do you do that??? I must learn ;) We too have been raining. Last week the tropical storm hit and it looks like we are getting rain from the current one as well. Seems early in the season to be getting hit so often! Your group sounds great!!! I had really wanted to go through a shooting class... I would love to get my concealed carry permit. Going to the shooting range and fishing were two of my hubby and my favorite dates before kids :)

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2016 :  4:44:04 PM  Show Profile
Hi Porch-Buds! Just wanted to hop on here and let you know that your TEA PACKAGES are on their way!!!
Got 'em done sooner than I thought I would! Patsy is coming home sometime this month so I wanted to be
Totally free!!! Yipppeeeee!!!!
We have been having gorgeous weather in the low to mid 70's and low 80's but today was super muggy for some reason....BUT...guess what? We Will be having a high of 68 tomorrow and the next day and 49 and 47 at night for 2 nights. Isn't that a hoot?/! Then it's slowly going back up to high 80's by the w/e. The cool break will be soooo welcomed!
Ok Porches... make it a Great evening. Love Guns! Praying for you!!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2016 :  07:25:03 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies. It's a sunny 56' this morning although it's supposed to get up in the 80's so I'll appreciate the coolness of the morning. I logged on to work to find there's no work, which since I woke up at 3 am with a sinus migraine that I can't shake is a blessing. I don't know how many of you use essential oils but thought I would mention that I've been buying Jade Bloom EOs and really liking them and they're significantly cheaper than Doterra or Young Living EOs but of the same quality. I used Jade Bloom's Alleviate this morning when I took my migraine med and it really helped and I was able to get back to sleep. The headache isn't totally gone but down to bearable levels now. The Alleviate is similar to YL's Stress Away.

Peggy - I FINALLY got my 10,000 steps yesterday! I was so excited. I checked my band and it was flashing 4 lights so I knew I was close and I decided to go for a walk by myself up to the Frontier Village and on my way back it started vibrating that I'd hit 10,000 steps!!! I was definitely feeling it towards the end of the walk. I started listening to The Secret Garden again while I was walking. I saw a doe grazing but was afraid to move to pull my phone out to take a picture for fear I'd spook her. Of course, on my way back with my phone out and prepared she was gone.

Shannon - glad to hear the military are going to be reasonable for a change and help you out with housing. As for the Canadian bacon we got the recipe on http://www.nwedible.com/how-to-make-canadian-bacon-at-home/ The pink salt is Prague salt, not himiliayan salt, which is also pink. It was our first time and it was delicious! He made me homemade egg mcmuffin sandwiches that were to die for and then we used some Monday for a Hawaiian pizza. Guns are fun. I enjoy skeet shooting although I'd like to shoot with some females to learn better how to do it. I have my concealed permit but would really like to take a gun safety course. With the new business I think I'm going to move up on getting my own handgun to carry especially at night when I'm letting dogs out at client's homes.

Judy - I can't wait for the tea package to arrive! I need to start thinking about a tuck for mine as I had to take an earlier month this year. I hope you have an awesome time with Patsy when she gets there. Any plans yet for her visit or are you going to wing it?

Well, I think I'll go make myself some tea and wait for some work to hopefully drop so I can be productive today. Have an awesome day everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363

Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2016 :  5:01:44 PM  Show Profile
Hi Tammy! I know Patsy and I are going to glamp in the back yard in my brand new tent, play lots of badminton(weather permitting) and go pontooning one day. The rest... we will happily wing... but in 'happy-sissy fashion,' as only we can do!!!* giggle* I'm so EXCITED!!!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2016 :  12:20:02 PM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...I am back home and having Fibro Flares for some reason. This time it is the
Pelvic floor pain, my knees and ankles. But I still managed to get my walks in yesterday and
today! ~ I had a great time in Seattle with my grand-daughters and my son and daughter in law.
They lead crazy hectic lives but I was able to have "Me" Time while they were at work and
the girls were at school. Kept me able to keep up with them in the evenings. The Train ride both
ways was so relaxing and nice. I was also blessed by not having to share the second seat with
anyone up and back. Even though I am an Extravert...when I travel, I want peace and quiet. I
don't want a chatty-cathy sitting next to me. So, it was all so nice...the whole six days. When
I got home...hubbies depression was worse and once again I feel like I am walking on egg shells.
You don't realize just how stressful that is until you have had a few days away and then come
back to it.

For some reason while I was gone my computer was throwing all my MJF posts into spam. I thought
gee-whiz nobody is even talking on The Porch...then today I discovered you all were...it's just
I wasn't getting anything. LOL I corrected it this morning.

Prairie Tammy...so Happy your finally made your 10,000 Steps. It is a great feeling when you do isn't
it? You feel like you really accomplished something good!! I just got my Badge for 1,000 flights of
stairs over this 4 1/2 month period. Let me tell you...I walk hills every day but nobody has Hills like
Seattle has. I swear they are all at 75 degree angles. I walked from my sons house to green lake one day and did one trip around the lake and back home and that was almost 6 miles. The two steep hills going
there nearly killed me but doing them coming back...I had to stop about 4 times to catch my breath. It
didn't help that I was having asthma like symptoms from their cat. But later in the day when I did the
syncing on my Fitbit...it showed that those two huge hills were the equivalent of 37 flights of stairs.
No wonder I was dying! LOL Talk about Cardio...WOW!!! And it is just as hard going down the hills because
you have to hold yourself back to maneuver down...without falling and rolling all the way to the bottom.
I finished the book by Jane Kirkpatrick WHERE LILACS STILL BLOOM on my way home on the train. It was so
good...I highly recommend it!!!

Judy...I am so glad that your sissy is coming for a visit!!! I wish my sissy could come visit me!!! Wouldn't it be nice if God gave us Visiting Days with our loved ones who have gone on before us? Even
if it was just once a year. That would be so cool! I miss her like crazy!!! My youngest Seattle Grand-daughter Naomi reminds me of my sister Debby. She has the same spunk and sass that my sister had. So,
in away being with the girls this past week was like a small visit with my sister too. My son, told
Naomi to pick up her mess on the dining room table and she said, "No, you don't pay me enough!" It was
so hard not to laugh in front of her. Then on her birthday she told her Uncle Will that she was five
now so she could do what ever she wanted to do. LOL On the other hand she can also be as sweet as
honey...like the night before I left...I was reading them a good night story (or two) and Naomi said,
"Grandmama...I am going to be so sad when you leave tomorrow." Awe...warmed my heart! ~ Looking forward to your Tea Pkg. Love getting good mail once a month...makes the bills less painful! LOL

Teacher Tammy...I am sure you never read "PRIDE AND PREJUDICE AND THE ZOMBIES" because you are a Jane
Austen purest...but I saw the movie while I was in Seattle. It was just as good as the book. Maybe
even a little more creepy. Well, Bible Study is over and Craft and Gab Group starts tonight. I think
I am going to color for my craft. I got tired of knitting for so many years that I have taken a break
from it. I got to color with the girls while I was in Seattle and that was fun!

Shannon...I missed something somewhere along the way...what is Blake having seizures from? I knew Emma was
not thriving according to the Dr.'s but this was the first I knew of Blake having seizures. You really
don't need all that kind of stress in the middle of packing to move. I will continue to pray for you.
My middle son was tiny and as a grown man is only 5ft 7 inches...but when he was 2 years old he only weighed 14 lbs. The had me take him in for Growth Platelet scans and stuff but he just didn't eat all
that much. I only nursed my kids until age one then put them on solid foods and cows milk. He always ate
like a little bird however. And he never liked sweets of any kind. He is still pretty much that way...not a dessert person at all. The dr.s back then just told me to let him eat whenever and whatever he wanted.
And that is what worked best for us. But he never really put much weight or height on until the summer
before Jr. High and he grew 6 inches in one summer and put on more weight too. So, don't get too freaked
out over her being tiny. There just small kids in the world. Though I know why most dr.s freak out...it
is because with our meat sources being given growth hormones and stuff...our children these days tend
to be just the opposite...they tend to be bigger babies and much taller as they grow. My five year old
grand-daughter is only a head shorter than her 8 year old sister. They wear the same size clothes and
shoes. I'm just saying that is more the norm these days so to see a tiny child probably freaks the Dr.s
out. It is just not normal any more. In my generation...it was nothing for babies to weight 5-7 lbs at birth. Now babies tend to weigh 9-14 lbs at birth. Or bigger. That is a pretty drastic change.

Sabrina...so glad to hear the paper work got all processed for your relocation. Praying it doesn't take
too long for you to get your orders. I kind of agree with Shannon that you seem a bit down and discouraged and maybe you need a little break from all your obligations and responsibilities. I know that you have
been cutting back but a TOTAL break before the big move would probably be a good thing for you. Think about it! Pray About it! And be kind to yourself..."ME-Time" is always a way to refresh and rejuvenate a
weary mind, body and spirit.

I need a nap girls...so, I'm off until tomorrow.

Hugs and Squishes,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page