Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2016 :  6:16:49 PM  Show Profile
Good evening girls, just jumping on here to see what ya'll have been up to. Waiting semi patiently for some warm days. We had snow Monday and it turned colder today. Even though the sun was out it was still quite cold. Hoping for a warm up for Easter. Heading to Ohio after Easter to see my little girls. Miss them so much some times. Going to be a Mimi again in September to their baby ? Won't know for a little while yet. They are hoping for a brother.
Peggy, I think purple is a happy color at least it always makes me happy!

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2016 :  11:45:16 AM  Show Profile
I can't believe I haven't been on here since Feb 9! No wonder I miss my porchie sisters so much. Unfortunately I I don't have time to read back through the 8 pages I've missed. It's been very busy here since calving season has started. 13 so far. 9 heifers and 4 bulls. We're already full :) Not sure where we're going to put all the rest of them. I only have a few minutes so I'll upload a couple pictures and try to get back on here real soon to catch up with everyone.

Our first calf born. Her name is Harmony.

Our pouty lip jersey girl. Still working on her name.

Inga is our adoptive mama. She tries to claim every calf. She also likes to try and eat my camera :)

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2016 :  4:37:01 PM  Show Profile
So stinkin' cute! Harmony is, too. (hee hee)

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2016 :  4:44:18 PM  Show Profile
Hi Heather! I love love love the eyes of your pouty lip jersey. beautiful!!!!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2016 :  5:01:34 PM  Show Profile
Heather, thanks for sharing those! Adorable!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2016 :  5:33:05 PM  Show Profile
Hi Heather! Love these photos. Beautiful new babies you've got there.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

Edited by - levisgrammy on Mar 24 2016 06:54:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2016 :  7:53:41 PM  Show Profile
Heather...Harmony is so sweet!!! I always LOVE your farm pictures. Pouty Lips should have some Diva
name. LOL And your cute mama cow...must love ALL the Babies if she wants to adopt them all. I was
always that way as a Mother too (still am)...I adopt lots of kids spiritually speaking. When my kids
were growing up...our house is where all the kids hung out. I loved that!

Well, hop back on in between the birthing processes. So great to see your Pretty Face too!!!

Hugs and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2016 :  8:09:13 PM  Show Profile
Awe Heather you post the best pictures! So cute! Should name pouty mouth Bubba after the dude in Forest Gump LOL

Evening ladies. Jumping on quickly as I had the night off, not that it was really off since I had to get the house cleaned after the kids were here this past weekend. I was on here so fast the other day I forgot to mention we went thrifting and to a flea market with the kids. I got some awesome finds. I've been looking at a set of curtains online that were going to cost me about $30 or more to get for the dining area. Found an identical pair for $2.50 at a thrift store!!! It changes the look of that corner so much too. I ironed them and hung them tonight. Whatcha think? Does it give that corner a nice country look? I'm going to get rid of the blind and get some folding shutters to close at night for privacy. I think it will start to pull together the feel I want.

I also found a long valance panel with pine cones on it that will be perfect for the camper for the same price. At the flea market I picked up a toddler barn with animals, tractors and such for the lil guy to play with when he's here. I don't think the poor kid has anything but stuffed toys to play with. I also picked up a high chair at the thrift store to have on hand. He loved sitting in it. They don't have a table so they keep him in his car seat to feed and sit in when he's not in his play-and-go. He loved sitting at the table when we were having supper and then while we played a game later on. Every time they tried to put him in his play-and-go he'd start crying to be put back in the chair even though he was practically falling alseep in it. Below is the lil guy after he crawled over and tried to use Tip to level himself to standing. As soon as I took the picture I made Tip move so he wouldn't be climbed on. The poor old pup shouldn't have to put up with that but it was a cute picture.

Our neighbor is selling almost all her stuff as her husband recently passed a couple weeks ago and she doesn't want the memories so she's selling almost everything and buying new. We're getting a small dresser, glass door bookcase and a wooden rolling office chair from her. The bookcase doesn't have a base and Matt mentioned an old treadle base would be great for it. Guess what we found at the flea market! A treadle stand with no top on it for $25! It was definitely our weekend :O) There's another flea market next month and we're definitely planning on going again.

Matt picked up the two huge windows today that we ordered to replace two windows that the previous owner hadn't replaced and were rotting. That will leave only one small bathroom window that is original that we'll need to replace eventually. So many things to work on. We need some spring weather to get them done!

Well I need to get to bed. Haven't been sleeping well. It always happens with the time changes. Everybody seems to be complaining about being in pain too. It's weird. My sciatic in my right side has been flaring badly. Thankfully it hasn't been cold and wet on top of it. I could barely left my right leg last night to get into my Jeep it hurt so bad to lift it. I did 30 minutes of yoga after work so hopefully that will help. It was a twisting workout and I was hearing a lot of cracking so hopefully everything realigned itself. Okay, I'm off. Have a great night and awesome rest of week. Matt got a promotion last night so we'll be going out Friday to celebrate! We have been very blessed lately.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/

Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2016 :  8:40:38 PM  Show Profile
Prairie Tammy...Oh, your grandson is adorable! He is just sweet. I bet he loved sitting up with all
the grown ups. ~ How is your fitbit working before I forget to ask again? I am walking over 10,000 every
day except Sundays (my declared day of rest). I just won my 250 Mile London Underground Badge. Those things keep me motivated and moving. I feel like I walked 250 miles three times over though. LOL But not bad for just a couple of months under my belt. ~ I love your Country Curtain! That would look even more country with Shutters. Well, you guys got the good buys over the weekend didn't you??? That is awesome. I love good finds!

Well, take care and sorry your sciatica is acting up. I have had that before myself and it's painful for
a long time.

More Later My Porchies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2016 :  12:39:10 AM  Show Profile
Sorry I've been gone yall. We still haven't got rid of this illness. As soon as I think they are better someone gets a fever again. Dustin says we are going to burn all the sheets. I really am tired of it and feel so bad for them. At this point we are wondering if it.could be mono the way it is lingering.

On top of that I am wrapping all my activities up as we approach the end of the year. Looking forward to a somewhat less busy summer.

It looks like everyone here is doing ok so glad to see that!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2016 :  06:05:18 AM  Show Profile
Peggy - Yes he is a sweetie. He has the most adorable smile. Very good natured too. I cleaned my Fitbit like you suggested. Wore it several days and it seemed to be working. Took it off one night because the band was bothering me and I keep forgetting to put it back on.

Sabrina - sorry you're crew is sick again. I remember seasons like that and don't miss them. I had to get inventive with homeschooling during those times too and find educational movies/videos to watch that I could count so the kids could lay on the couch (or wherever) and watch.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363

Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2016 :  07:02:10 AM  Show Profile
Prairie Tammy, your valance looks great! I just took 5 sets of shutters to the thrift store about a week ago. I had them in our family room but now I want to change to just curtaind. The shutters took a lot of time to clean. Dust collectors big time. We have a door on one of our closets that have those little shutter type things so air can circulate and I hate cleaning it. The heater is in there are it causes grease build up (gas heat)and the grease is a magnet for dust. We changed over to a wood furnace so not so much grease anymore unless we switch it over, but it still needs cleaning often.
Your grandson is so cute!

Can someone explain the Fitbit? Is it like a pedometer?

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2016 :  12:34:39 PM  Show Profile
Catherine...I got my Tea Pkg today! Love Love Love the Tuck!!!! It is in use right now (trying NOT
to blow the Surprise here so I hope you understand). The tea will be great...can never go wrong
with that one. Loved your note also. Thank YOU so very much for doing a Dandy Job on your Tea Month!
The other girls will love what you sent too.

Sabrina...I think I'm with your hubby...burn the Sheets, burn the beds, burn the house down...whatever
it takes to break that Cycle of Illness. LOL!!! You must be weary of everyone being sick!!

Prairie Tammy...I'm glad the extended family is moving back...I would hate to miss out on the grandsons
growing up. They do so many fun things and life is so exciting to them. I wear my fitbit 24/7 never take it off. They say to wear it loose....so by doing that it never irritates me even though my 4 rings I always wear and earrings and necklace...always come off before I go to bed. The Fitbit...not an issue. Plus it tells me that I sleep as badly as I thought I did. LOL It is usually looks like this..."Woke up 4 times, Restless 18 times" and that is just one night. My Fibro...makes me toss and turn and wake up and get up and toss and turn and on and on and on. I just got my London Underground Badge...for walking 250 miles. I feel pretty darn good about that as I have only been doing this for 2 1/2 months. I consistently walk 10,000 + per day. So, I'm feeling pretty stoked about that.

Went this morning and got more Purple put in my hair and a Hair Cut. Had a gift card and a $5.00 off any services coupon...so that made the total a little less painful. The color only lasts two months before it
fades out. But the Stylist gave me some tips on how to keep it from fading so fast. I will post a picture tonight or tomorrow.

Bible Study and Birthday Party Tonight. And I need to go get another walk in. More Later My Porchies!

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2016 :  6:03:12 PM  Show Profile
Heather, beautiful pictures of your critters and you too, girl!

PTammy, I love your valances! What a great savings. Looks like you were meant to have those! Gbaby is a cutie! He'll be a joy to have close by! Looks like a big bear he is laying on. lol.

Yup, Sabrina! Burn the sheets! Sling open those windows and may only fresh air come in!

Catherine, I received your tea pkg today too! Love, love, love it and tuck! I am using my tuck right now too! Had to laugh at DH. Only he would see this. We have a dgd who is "death" on food expiration dates. We pay attention but kid her about it too. He saw Salada -Since 1892- and said we'd better not drink this. I just had to shake my head. Thank you for the lovely note too. Those are the best tucks of all.

Happy Easter, Farmgirls!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2016 :  06:01:23 AM  Show Profile
Yes I'm definitely weary. We were able to open the windows a bit yesterday but it is cold again now. This thing finally got me-I had avoided it so far but now I'm down too and feel awful. The baby is sick too and super clingy. We will make it.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2016 :  09:50:31 AM  Show Profile
Hi gals, Catherine I got my tea pkg,too AND love the tuck AND was using it right away too! We all need a little "Inspiration" around us as a reminder, don't we? I liked your reasoning for picking THAT particular tea too. Thank you for the great choices!
PTammy, enjoyed the pic of your(2)cuddlers. What kind of dog is that? All I see is a heap of curls and waves.* giggle*
Well we are back to cold weather too.39 right now. Easter is suppose to be 70, then back to 40's again.
But that's OH weather for ya. Sounds like a few of us are having that up & down stuff. No wonder all the sickness, right?
Peg, will be waiting to see your Easter hair.Ya know... most women just buy an Easter Bonnet! Not Peg!lol
Happy Easter to all my Porch-Buds!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2016 :  12:52:57 PM  Show Profile
Catherine - like everyone else I LOVE the tuck and put it to use immediately! Great idea an so beautiful.

Glad everyone liked the calf pictures. We should have a couple more any day now. One is a week overdue! They bring me so much joy :)

Peggy - I can't wait to see your hair. Purple is my favorite color and I keep teasing my husband that I'm going to color mine purple. He doesn't like the idea at all.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter.
Hugs to all!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2016 :  1:11:48 PM  Show Profile
Happy Easter (a day early) dear porches :) Hoping everyone is doing well! We are doing alright here. EMI still isn't feeling too well. My fiber and allergies are setting me in a fit! But overall, life is wonderful and I am blessed <3

PGTammy - your grand baby is adorable!!! Our german shepherd will not lie still for Emi to pull on, lol. We had a dutch shepherd mix that was wonderful with the kids... they could do anything they wanted to her! I still miss her quite a bit!

Sabrina - so sorry to hear everyone is still sick!!! Emi has been fighting something for around a month now! She is actually sleeping more, which is nice, but worrisome as well!

Denise - I have been wondering about the Fitbit as well. I am all about competing against myself, and it sounds like it has some type of system do exactly that.

PeggyAnn - my husband would have my head if I colored part of my hair! I've even mentioned just dying the ends, and he won't have it :) I really do need to get a haircut though!

Catherine - I too received my tea package and put the tuck right to use. The kiddos keeping "oohing" and "aahing" over it :)

Judy - I love love love your sense of humor :) you can always bring a smile to my face :)

Heather - does your pouty lip calf have a name yet? Is it normal for cows to go "overdue"? Your hubby sounds a lot like mine as far as the hair idea ;)

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2016 :  1:12:40 PM  Show Profile

OK...Miss Judy...here is My Easter Hair *giggle* An Easter Bonnet would be so boring compared
to Easter Hair! LOL It Looks Blue in this picture but Trust me it is a Vibrant Purple.
I have my head tipped down because the Stylist wanted a better picture of my hair than me.
She was loving the job she did...Me too! My husband just shook his head when he
saw it. But honestly after 31 yrs he should know to expect Crazy once in awhile. If I can't put
eye-lashes on my Volkswagen any more to make people smile then I have to do something FUN to make
me smile!!!

It is beautiful here right now...warm and sunny. Just got one of my two walks in. It is suppose
to rain tonight and tomorrow. Bad for Easter Egg Hunting...when they are swimming in the grass
instead of hidden in the grass. I think we are going to Church tonight and to our sons tomorrow
for a late Lunch. My husband is still depressed and a grump so I don't know what he will or won't do.
Like I said that is one reason I went and did my hair...I needed some "Happy" even if this happy will
eventually wash out. LOL

Well, my Lovelies...have a Happy Easter Weekend! Praise God that He Loved us enough to send His
son to Redeem us. Some days I seriously doubt we were worth it but mostly I am just Thankful that
He Loved Us That Much!!!

Worthy Is the Lamb,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 26 2016 1:24:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2016 :  1:36:38 PM  Show Profile
Crazy-Peg- YOU, my Dear Bud-are a NUT! I could never do that. I prefer to be invisible. Hahaha Not you!
Glad though that it makes you Happy! Lol Love ya Girl!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2016 :  2:05:34 PM  Show Profile
Judy...Never a dull moment for this girl!. And IF it gets too dull watch out...because I will
think of something to Spice it up. I hate looking at Life from a RUT and I am never afraid to
kick the ends out! If it's one thing I'm Not... It Is SHY!

Shannon...my husband would NEVER tell me that I can't do something...because he knows that just
would not fly with me. When we got married we laid out the Ground Rules and bossing me was not
one of them. Even in our Wedding Vows he stated that I could win every fight...I think he may
have regretted those words over the years...you would have to ask him. LOL But he knew I came out
of a Verbally Abusive Marriage and so He has protected my heart and soul and we are total equals in
our Marriage. And that has worked for us.

OK...girls off to read, work or something.

Hugs,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 26 2016 8:19:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2016 :  4:19:51 PM  Show Profile
I'm glad everyone is enjoying their tea and tuck-in.

Peggy, your hair is fantastic!

Blessings and Happy Resurrection Day to y'all!

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2016 :  4:26:47 PM  Show Profile
Catherine - I received your tea, note and tuck also - love them all. Thank you so much!

Happy Easter everyone!

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2016 :  4:40:15 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies. Wanted to share what we've been working on today. I mentioned we were getting several items from a neighbor so we moved them to our place today. I'm excited and can't wait to buy some more books to put into it LOL. Ignore the cable underneath it, Matt's got to cut that out and get rid of it. Between the base, the bookcase, wood to mount it on the base and some screws we spent roughly about $50 on this project. Matt fought me when I picked a forged hammered spray paint for the base. He kept telling me he thought a satin or glossy finish would be better but he admitted I was dead on with the paint after I got it painted this afternoon. I thought I had some wood cleaner and conditioner but haven't found it yet to clean the bookcase up. The glass is old and has those cool ripples and dimples in it. Definitely a good score.

Denise -Shutters are I'm sure dust collectors but as I've had blinds in all our windows since we moved in I can't imagine they're any worse and much better to look at. Longer curtains don't work well as the cats like to get up in the window. It's more of a decorative factor I'm going for with the shutters.

Catherine - I received my teas. Thank you!

Peggy - With the Fitbit it doesn't seem to matter how lose I wear it, it works it's way up my arm until it can't move anymore while I'm sleeping and it irritates me and causes me to wake up. It happens with both styles of bands I have too. Wow, that's some purple hair! I wouldn't be that brave LOL Matt would probably kill me.

Judith - Thank you. I agree, it was meant to be for me to get those valances.

Judy - The dog in the picture is Tip, my male border collie. Both my BC's are good with him so far but I don't want to stretch their patience as old as they are. I worry more about him hurting Oreo, my little 16 yo though now he's mobile especially since she' blind in one eye and wouldn't see him coming at her to move out of the way.

Okay and for cuteness factor, here's a picture of Matt's cat, Looney, playing Spinx on the dog bed.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363

Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2016 :  5:04:02 PM  Show Profile
Thanx Catherine for the tea and tucks! Lovely!

My best to all,
Mel
Farmgirl #1463
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Goddesses of the Iris
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page