Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1411 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1411 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2016 :  5:02:54 PM  Show Profile
Sabrina - sooo cute!!!

Shannon - I'm praying!! I know what you are going through...our son Levi had a second degree burn when he was 2.

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2016 :  5:25:47 PM  Show Profile
Thank you ladies!!! Peggy - your story helped me to finally cry. Thank you!!!! God is so good!!! I'm so glad your Shane, and Joyce - your Levi are doing well! Here is my baby...

On a different note - Sabrina - love your dinosaur!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2016 :  9:27:46 PM  Show Profile
Oh my, No, Shannon! Amen to Peggy's Prayer! Praying here too! How awful!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2016 :  12:15:29 AM  Show Profile
Shannon...I just showed this picture to my husband and he said, "Wow, that sure does bring back
memories doesn't it?" I had told him earlier what happened and asked him to pray for all you guys
too. I am glad you cried...I am sure the emotional release was helpful for you. Every time one of
my kids got hurt when they were growing up I so wished I could trade places with them and take their
pain from them. Just seeing the picture of your daughter made me wish the same thing...I hate to
see little ones hurting and yet they are so much more resilient than we adults are. They just bounce
right back into life...like, "What are you all making such a big deal about?" I did laugh when I
re-read my post a minute ago...thinking about those poor Peremedics having to listen to me sing for
20 miles. Let's just say that is NOT one of my Spiritual 'Gifts'!

Judy and Debbie..God really is so good! He always turns what was meant for bad/or just difficult circumstances into reasons for Joy...if we just in trust him with it.

Joyce...I am sorry your Levi had to experience that pain too.

Well, I got my 10,000 Fitbit steps in a few minutes ago...and now I going to go Log My Food and
call it a day. I am glad it's The Lords Day...and a day of rest tomorrow. I need it!

Hugs and Prayers,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2016 :  12:47:54 AM  Show Profile
Oh Shannon I'm so sorry, praying for her and all of you!!!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Norwex www.sabrinascheerer.norwex.biz
Usborne Books and More! https://j4070.myubam.com

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2016 :  04:40:15 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, Porchies. Wow, so much going on in everyone's lives. I've read the last couple of pages to catch up and am rejoicing with those of you with good happenings and praying with those of you with challenges. What a life this is. We definitely get through it with God and each other.

Tons of stuff going on here that have absorbed my time and kept me from visiting the forum...daughter moving, losing animals to coyotes and bobcats, building me a 20x30 'she-shed', one of my renters trashing the house and I've spent weeks and thousands of dollars fixing it...

But, this weekend, I'm having a blast at the Mother Earth News Fair in Texas. This is their first time to come here. If I were to estimate the numbers of people, I think there were a good 25,000+ here yesterday. The workshops are incredible and I want to be at 3 different classes at once.

Blessings to all y'all and I'll check in soon.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2016 :  08:28:25 AM  Show Profile
Wow, I'm gone about a week and the porch explodes in chatter LOL You can tell spring is on it's way. Yesterday it may have reached 50', if not it was close, and this morning when I got up at 5:30 to take the dogs out it was snowing again LOL One has to love February :O)

It's been really busy here. Training is beginning to wear on my last nerve. They had her start another girl last Monday in addition to our group and the group they started 3 weeks after ours. To make it worse the girl only works part time so she's only there from 8 to 10:30 so she has to do her training during that time. Fortunately we're pretty much working claims by ourselves now and just keeping ones we have questions on until afternoons when she's "supposed" to work with us. Technical issues as usual have been plaguing us.

Jordon, gf and grandbaby are here for the weekend. He wants to move back here but gf has now taken a stand she wants to move to Fargo. She has a reputation here so she doesn't want to move back. The grandbaby is trying to crawl, which has been amusing. He went after Lacey's tail the other night. She does have a big fluffy tail so we could see why it attracted him. He got himself from one side of the room to the other to get to her. She was really good about it when he grabbed a handful of her tail fur. After that the dogs pretty much stayed clear of him although Tip did give him small face lick, which is rare for him. We played the domino game Train last night. I haven't played games in years. It was fun and a nice break from the tv.

Matt & Jordon went and picked up the camper yesterday so she's officially mine! I got the title last week so we could get plates and be legal about pulling it. The guy said we didn't need plates but when Matt researched it found we did. He discovered the guy had done a hatch job with the electrical and it needs rewiring for the harness plug. Oh well, one more thing to the list. We're excited to get started though on remodeling her.

Oh, I wanted to ask you smart, creative ladies to help me. I'm starting a pet sitting business where I'll go to people's houses a couple times a day and let their dogs out and feed them. There's nothing like it now around here and the closest kennel is 30 minutes away. I need a business name. I wanted to use my Prairie Gypsy in it but worry it might give the impression that I'm not reliable (gypsy). I considered something with 3 Dogs but with them being so geriatric I don't know if I want to use that and have to explain they've passed or not. Also there's the 3 Dog Bakery that it would sound too much like so don't want to infringe on their copyright. The book I'm reading says not to use a cutesy name that everybody uses. Jamestown is referred to as Buffalo City so a play on that might work. I've also got to figure out how to fill the LLC business license form out to get that.

I did manage to get started on the rug in my loom. Hope to get some more done today once the kids head home. As horrible as it is to say, I will curl up in my chair with a cup of tea after they leave and enjoy the quiet.

I didn't get through all the pages I'm behind on but will try to catch up this week.

I think someone mentioned something about books? Was it an exchange or give away? Swap?

Judy - We don't know what breed Looney is. Matt thinks she might be Chantille but I think I'm leaning more towards Maine Coon now.

Marilyn - Welcome to the Porch! Great group of ladies here to be sure. Another knitter! Awesome. I have socks on my needles right now.

Sabrina - I've had that issue with ordering things even state side. It's ridiculous how much they want to charge for S&H.

Joyce - Gorgeous pictures!

Okay, everybody is finally moving so I need to get motivated and figure out what we're having to eat this morning.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Etsy: PrairieGypsyCrafts
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2016 :  12:27:44 PM  Show Profile
Happy, Blessed SonDay Gals! We have sunny skies/40/chilly. Yesterday we had 66/sunny/but the wind would knock a feller over! hahaha
PGTammy, I like that loom. I'm envious. I think I would like that craft. I'm not a sitter and I think I could stand and loom.hahaha Silly me, I know. I ain't normal.
I had a book drawing that(unfortunately)ended yesterday and hubby did the drawing this morning. He gets a kick out of me having him participate.
So... without further delay.... the winner is............ Luanne! Yaaaaaaaaaaaa...and the crowd goes wild!
I have your address already thanks to the Tea Swap so we're ok there.
So, congratulations to Luanne!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Bushel n Peck
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Tracy
Truly MT
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2016 :  3:09:02 PM  Show Profile
Hello Sister Farmgirl Porchies!
Again, I have stayed away for too long.
You are all in my prayers, and I hope that your trials will be resolved favorably and quickly.

Tammy: I am thinking about a business name for you. "no place like home" could be a tag line. "Best Friend's home pet care" "Buffalo City Paw Pals" these are just some thoughts to tickle your creativity.

I am so excited to announce that I have stared my own EFT practice, and I have launched a website!
I am hoping that my business will be successful and will allow me to have a healthy work/life balance.
I have seen wonderful healing progress in the few people I have had a the honor to work with.

Can I ask you farm girls for a favor? Please check out my web site, and give me some feedback on how I can make it better. It is a work in progress, and not complete enough for me to leave it alone yet. One of my personal challenges is to overcome perfectionism that keeps me from putting myself out in the world. So I developed this site to make it functional (not perfect) and published it.

Also, if you are interested in my service, please contact me through the website, I would be so thrilled! The link to my web page is below:

http://tap4creaturecomfort.wix.com/home

Thank you so much! I appreciate your help!

I sing because I'm happy; I sing because I'm free!
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches over me.

Edited by - Bushel n Peck on Feb 21 2016 3:19:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2016 :  12:30:43 AM  Show Profile
Tracy...your web-site looks very Professional! I read all through it. It is pretty much like being
A Life Coach right? My little sister taught me "Tapping" years ago. She actually used it as a technique
to breathe with her COPD. But it really does have a relaxing quality to it too. I will pray that you
have real Success with your business. And great to have you back on the Porch!

Hi Judy...tell Dave he did a good job picking Luanne!! And Congrats Luanne!!! Enjoy what ever Judy sends
you...you will love it!!! I got one of those boxes one year and I loved it!!!

Catherine...you are so lucky to have been able to go to The Mother Earth News Fair!!! That would have been
so informative and fun. Was it just for the weekend or does it go on longer than that?

Prairie Tammy...Love that New Rug for your room!!! So, you are starting a Pet Business huh? Like you
don't have enough to do??? LOL OK, the book you're reading said not to go with cutesie names but when I think of Happy Dogs...I think of Wagging Tails! So, I would name it "Happy Pets...Happy Parents"

I haven't felt good all day...upset stomach but not sure from what. I had to go to a Church Meeting tonight
though with my hubby...so we could ask questions of our New Board and then just listen to their plans for
moving the Church Forward. As I looked around...there was pretty much a full house but it was all Older
Members. It looks like we lost everyone from 40 years old and down to The Church that Split off after our
Pastors fall. We virtually went from a Church of 4,000 to a Church of about 1,500. The meeting was really good and the spirit of those remaining is great but we are going to need to get some younger key people
in The Leadership to keep this body of Christ Progressive and reaching out into The Community to save the Lost and wandering. We had a huge Street Ministry Going to help reach the Homeless and Care for them. We are the only Church in our area doing that and we need to continue to do so. Even the Police in our Area and over in Portland...know that in really cold weather they can bring people in to our Live/Love
Warming Center for the Night and they will get clean clothes, bedding and a few hot meals and shelter. Anyway, we
may have to sell our current building (an Old K-Mart Building) and go into a smaller Church Bldg for awhile. Which is OK...but then it would limit our Home Less Ministries abilities to serve them at the same level as now. Keep us in Prayers ladies. Please!

Off to bed...Hope Your Sonday was a Great One!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 22 2016 12:36:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2016 :  01:09:00 AM  Show Profile
Tracy, I'll try to check out your business page soon.

Peggy-sorry to hear the split was so big, I remember you telling us about the issues before that is so hard, the devil loves to attack those in leadership positions and bring down as many as possible.

Shannon-how is your dd doing?

Well I should be doing something productive but I'm so tired. Waking up every hour with the baby is exhausting and I have no energy. He has started sleeping longer most of the time, "longer" meaning 2-2.5 hours with one or two 3 hour stretches a night. But the last couple nights he has gone back to waking up hourly. Last night he woke up every hour till 2:15 but then slept till 5:15....so one decent stretch but the every hour to start with still has me exhausted.

We still don't have a firm location to move CC to. We don't meet this week but not sure what we will do next week. At this point I'd like to just give up but all the families paid for the program. Dustin says we can just refund everyone for the last six weeks but that would run almost $500 and the money has already been spent on supplies (I bought all the supplies at the beginning of the year) so not really looking to do that :(. We were told we could use the youth center on post however we have to be out by 2:30, which means classes would need to be over by 2 which is an hour earlier than what we currently have scheduled. It would pretty much mean canceling our afternoon class. They also had a bunch of stipulations and I'm afraid we would eventually end up in the same boat as what happened at the chapel. We are looking into using the boyscout hut but they aren't sure if they will be allowed to let us use it. They have to check with the "private organization office" and I have a feeling they will say no because we are NOT an official "organization" and I have ZERO desire to jump through the hoops to become one....actually not only do I not have the desire, I refuse to do it. If someone else wants to that is fine but it won't be me. So that is my biggest headache right now.

Also, I'm frustrated with children's church. The program itself is going great and we have grown from having about 8 kids per week to nearly 20 a week. The problem is we have hardly any volunteers. Dustin and I run it every week. I really thought by now we would have enough volunteers to have a rotation but we still only have about 8. That said, the weeks we have had other people scheduled someone doesn't show up, every time. They forget or just don't show up. To get new people they have to go through a background check process that takes 2+ months so even if new people came forward now it would be a while before they will be cleared. Add to that the program is supposed to be for ages 6-9, we have a nursery for babies-5yos. But we keep getting younger and younger kids. Last week a 3-year-old showed up!! There are two problems with that, 1. the curriculum is for elementary kids and not age appropriate for a 3yo they don't follow, it isn't interactive enough and they are disruptive to everyone else, 2. it lowers our required adult-child ratios. But parents want their kids to come to us because the nursery doesn't have a lesson.....I get it but it isn't the right class. All of these things (added to the fact that I'm irritated with the chapel for what happened with CC and for the fact that when I told the chaplain that we were going home on leave because my grandfather was on hospice his reply was "have a great trip" no offers of prayers then or when we got back or anything) I'm really ready to give this up too. Dustin says we can't and that we need to see it through till summer at least. But I'm just so frustrated, stressed and fed up. PLUS in any 5 week period he works 2 Saturdays and 1 Sunday (3 different weekends) on the weekends he works saturdays we do not get any family time, couple time or rest time because we are at church all day between church/children's church and awana!

So I guess the lesson is Peggy is right, I over-extended myself and am reaping the consequences. I was ok until I decided I wanted to get serious about writing and found I have no time for it and also until I went on the trip. Now I have to figure out how to restore some balance.

Ok I better stop venting and go do something productive for the day while the baby is still napping.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2016 :  05:58:35 AM  Show Profile
Prairie Tammy....my step-sister has a very successful pet sitting business. Hers is named 'Cajun Critter Sitter'. You mentioned that some people said don't use a cute name. But, I think cute names can be catchy and memorable. Critter Sitter has a cute rhyme and play on words. Perhaps the Gypsy Critter Sitter? Before you fill out your LLC forms, you should look into the DBA first and secure the name. I formed my husband's LLC and my LLC with Legal Zoom for an affordable price. We have a 'regular' lawyer and even he suggested it would be more affordable to do it through them than to use him.

Peggy....the Mother Earth News Fair was just for the weekend. There were 12 classes every hour totaling 132 classes in 2 days. I wanted to be at all of them!

Sabrina...you go take a nap, too, while the baby is napping.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2016 :  07:48:45 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, We have a pet kennel (I call it puppy camp) in the closest town next to us. Its called "Bark Break Hotel". (Think Elvis) I loved that name so much. Thought it was so creative! My suggestion would be "Bark Break Walkers" or Paw Break Walkers. (and I don't even have a dog at this time.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2016 :  08:20:23 AM  Show Profile
Hi Gals! I like 'Gypsy Critter Sitter!' Gypsy is part of your other name anyhow(user ID)and you will be 'traveling' to their houses. I don't think they will feel as if you aren't a stable person, who will run off with their beloved pet or skip town and leave their babies without a 'nanny!' *giggle*
Ok do we have to lasso Luanne to get her to see her surprise, Peg?hmmmm....
Wow, that is a big 'ouch', losing half the congregation to your church. That's just sad!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2016 :  09:08:28 AM  Show Profile
Judy...go back to her last post on here and click on her email at the top and send her a message
that way. She will see that in her emails which I'm sure she at least checks those daily.
I know it is so Sad that we had such a large split but I think I mentioned...the New Church is
called Crown and Anchor and they are meeting in a High School Drama Theater at they are
packed out every week. But they actually emailed members Of Living Hope to stop attending and go
to The New Church. They were calling it a New Church Plant...which it was NOT...it was a Split.
All so very very very sad. Because we were the Largest Church in the Vancouver area and we were
the Only one with a Huge Out Reach Ministry...it was like Satan painted a big target on our backs
and said, "Search and Destroy"! But I keep reminding myself that this did not take God by surprise.
That sometimes he allows the Church Body to be shaken out like a rug...to see who shakes loose and
who hangs on for dear life. So, like all of Life (especially the Church) we just need to take one day
at a time and rebuild. God is still on His Throne and His Universal Body of Believers still prevails. Plus if you look at the positive aspect of the Church Split...those members did not leave the Body and fall away...they went off to serve and worship elsewhere. Which is a good thing! No matter how you look at it.

Sabrina...so sorry baby is waking up so frequently. But seriously darlen you need to sleep when he does
as much as you can. Or you will remain exhausted and he will pick up on the negative energy from mom.
It is like a vicious cycle then...as I'm sure you know. ~ Did you ever get your mom's yarn that she sent
you? What a good mommy and grandma!

Prairie Tammy...I Love "Critter Sitters" that is an Adorable Name. I still think if you used Gypsy in
the name...they will in-vision you loading up all their pets into your Gypsy Wagon and running off with them. Because that is what I thought about it when I first heard someone mention it. LOL!!! You know Cher's Song...Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves...just keeps playing through my head!!! LOL

OK...girls I have Officially walked off 10 lbs since Jan. 12th. So, it is coming off slowly but it is
coming off. I am trying not to concentrate on the weight as much as the walking and eating less sugar.
So...marching right along. I have to walk approx. 2 hours a day to get in 10,000 steps...because I am a speed walker I burn more energy but walk less steps than the average person. I've tried to slow down my stride and pace but I just can't do it. I think today I am going to try a little jogging mixed with
the walking. We shall see. Maybe I should wait until I get up to 1 hr. on the Treadmill. Right now I am
at 50 minutes on the Treadmill with a 1.5 incline.

Anyway girls...I am going to Post my first Framed Piece of Coloring onto here...later today so you can see it. But first I have to move it off my phone and onto my computer. It was fun to do. Today I am going to
buy the Owl Picture that is framed also and Color that. Then I will hang them out in my Foyer.

Off to walk my day away...LOL

Great Big Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Bushel n Peck
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Tracy
Truly MT
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2016 :  2:35:16 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for all of your encouragement for my new business! I have found tapping to be very relaxing and healing for myself and others! I have healed my own debilitating fears and busted my cravings for sugar and coca cola! It is so easy and effective! I appreciate everyone taking a look at my site, and spreading the word.

Tammy, your business name ultimately has to be one that pleases you. I have received a lot of biz advice from books and mentors which really did not feel good to me. Everything I do must be truthful and beautiful, that is really important to me as I design posters and flyers and as I interact with potential clients.

Peggy Ann, 10#s off! woo hoo! That is something to be proud of!

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2016 :  12:59:26 AM  Show Profile
The yarn came yesterday! So I'm going to get to work on this blanket and hopefully finish it soon!

Peggy, I can't really take a nap when he naps because of the other kids but I do go to bed pretty early and sleep until he gets up in the morning. As much as I'd like to get up early and/or stay up late to get stuff done I know I just can't right now. That said he slept over five straight hours last night! That's the longest he has ever slept. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure it is because he is sick :(

Sofia had a fever yesterday then Dan started one at bedtime last night. Sofia seems fine today but Dan still has a fever. They dont have any other symptoms. Syd is complaining her head hurts and Dave is acting pitiful but that is pretty normal for both of them. The baby keeps trying to sleep but can't seem to get comfortable.

Dustin bought me a book for a surprise that came in yesterday, The Backyard Homestead Guide To Raising Farm Animals. I already have The Backyard Homestead. It is very comprehensive and will be super helpful when I can start buying animals!

Well off to keep trying to get this baby go sleep and maybe work in his blanket.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2016 :  08:29:41 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everybody. I need an IV of Mt. Dew or something this morning. Overly tired and headache-y because of it. Tip woke me up about 1 am seizing. It took him until about 2:30 before I got him calm enough to lay down for any length of time. He was so worked up I had to take him for a walk about 2. We made a sight I'm sure. I was in my pj's with my long winter parka on and my uggs walking a weaving dog down the street in the falling snow in the wee hours of the morning but what's a furmom supposed to do? He probably needed a longer walk to help more but I was just too tired. I think I may take a couple hours off this afternoon and sleep a bit and hope I feel better. Right now my body says it's time to be up but my brain isn't agreeing (sigh).

Peggy - the plan is that if I can get this off the ground and going well enough I'll quit W*lmart. There are some I've talked to that think I'll have way more business then I can handle and could make it full time easily and will need to hire, which I really don't want to deal with. One step at a time. Sorry to hear your not feeling well. Hopefully it's short term. I know the stomach flu has been going around work. It's funny you mentioned Cher's song because that went through my head too and I love that song. Congrats on the weight loss. Hoping that once I get the new business going I'll be able to start losing again since I'll be more active.

Judy - that's the great thing about this easel is that I can sit or stand. Over the weekend I was in the mood to sit so I had it dropped lower but then yesterday when I was working on it my back was bothering me and I was more comfortable standing so I just raised it up. That easel is awesome. It's much more stable and I don't have the movement I did with the cheaper metal one I tried.

Catherine - does your sister belong to any of the pet sitting organizations? If so, do you know which one/s? I think it would look good to have that I'm a member of an organized group. I'll look into LegalZoom. I've been trying to figure out the form for a business license and it's a bit confusing. I'd love to attend one of those Mother Earth News Fairs sometime but they never have them around here.

Tracy - Good luck with your new business. I've heard good things about tapping and would like to learn it especially if it could break me of my Mt. Dew addiction lol. I'm not bad but I do need my daily glass of Dew like some need coffee. The fonts were a bit hard to read on the blog portion, at least for me. Otherwise, the site looks great!

Names I've been playing with:
Furkids Pet Sitting
Fur Paws Pet Sitting
Paws Pet Sitting Services
Prairie Critters Pet Sitting - I'm really liking this one. Not sure if I should add Services to the name or not

Okay, I need to try and focus.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Etsy: PrairieGypsyCrafts
Jamestown, ND

Edited by - Prairie Gypsy on Feb 23 2016 08:34:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2016 :  08:55:54 AM  Show Profile
Thank you all so much for the prayers for Aly! Things here are hard... really hard. But we know God will see us through them! Sunday night Aly got ketchup on her burnt hand while eating a hot dog. We are guessing either the vinegar in it or the acidity of the tomatoes caused issues, but either way, the screams were intense!!! It took us awhile to get her cleaned up completely but carefully. Then yesterday, we took her to the burn center. While in the ER on Saturday, they had scrubbed off the skin on her arms and side. Yesterday they scrubbed it off the top of her hand. It was intense!!!! I am thankful I am a nurse, though inactive, in that I at least know somewhat of what to expect and can disassociate a little while the "procedures" happen... then go back to being mommy. I have to change her dressings tomorrow, as well as take pictures to send to the burn center. If there is no sign of infection and they look a little better, we will continue doing dressing changes at home, every other day, and send in pictures. If not, we will be heading back to the burn center.

I've been emailed and asked how I am doing... and I honestly am not sure how to respond. The screams haunt my sleep. Not that we are getting much, as she cannot get comfortable. The guilt comes and goes... usually more intense when I am really tired (Satan of course kicks me while I am down!) We are truly clinging to Christ right now, as that is the only way we can get through!

Peggy - praying for your church!!!!

Sabrina - praying everyone feels better! When we had the flu, the only symptoms we had were high fevers and a headache behind our eyes...

PGTammy - love the latter name... the Prairie Critters Pet Sitting... or you could make it rhyme and say Prairie Critters Pet Sitters

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2016 :  10:13:10 AM  Show Profile
I'm SO EXCITED - I've been away for a few days, and I return to find I won the drawing!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much - can't wait to receive it!!!!!!!!!!

It's just what I needed right now - things have been really tough with no job, no insurance, struggling with taking care of Mom, etc. etc. - so this was such a bright spot in my day!

Thinking of you all and praying for you too - it's snowing again here in Northeast PA after 56 degrees a couple of days ago. typical for February, but can't wait until Spring gets here!

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Bushel n Peck
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Tracy
Truly MT
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2016 :  2:03:51 PM  Show Profile
Sabrina, I am keeping you and your family in my prayers today! I hope that sickness leaves your home soon!

Tammy, I can help you bust the mountain dew cravings if you are wanting to reduce how much you are drinking. I was a coca cola freak! now I can take it or leave it, if I want to enjoy one and really savor it as a treat, I can do that, or a I can choose something healthy and be satisfied. I don't have the urgent need to have coca cola anymore! Thank you for the feed back on my website. I agree that the blog section was harder to read. I adjusted some of the text and chose a slightly different background treatment, so it should be easier on the eyes.

Shannon, I am praying for you and your family too. What a trial! Be assured that Jesus understands your suffering and is very close to you and your girl now. Can you bring in some soothing music, maybe harps to help your little girl find comfort?

Luanne, how cool that you had this good thin happen for you! I can sure relate to your financial situation, and I know what a blessing it is to get an unexpected prize!

I am plugging away at trying to get clients and talking to anyone who will stand still long enough! I really love what I am doing and so far my hubby and I have been sustained in this very low income period. Last night I really enjoyed the full moon shining in my bedroom window, so lovely! It is so important to stop and connect with nature.

Hoping you all have beautiful dreams tonight, and a blessed tomorrow!

Creature Comfort website: http://tap4creaturecomfort.wix.com/home

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2016 :  5:30:52 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Hi everyone. Jumping back on after a long hiatus. Too much to get into right now. Just missed all of you and am glad to reemerge again. Too much to read so Ill just start here. Prayers for all who post here.

Shannon, my heart bleeds for Aly and you. From one nurse to the other: pain control,infection and fluid loss most important. Keeping her comfortable is such a major deal. Forget anything but what you have to do until you get in a better place. God is with you always and will sustain you when you don't have the strength yourself. When you can't find the words just say Jesus help me. It will be ok. Every trial becomes a Testimony! We serve a Mighty God. Prayers for all of you!

Peggy, congrats on your new granddaughter. She's beautiful. Shane's conditions seem terribly extreme. That would never be allowed here. Human rights violations are a big deal. Can't you find any help or is he afraid of retaliation? So sad.Its hard on everyone. Been praying for you even when I was off line.

Judy, you really have a nice husband. How lucky you are. How you doing? Prayers friend.

Will pop on and gab with all of you because there's nothing better then a girlfriend to talk to, pray with, cry with, celebrate with, laugh with, complain with but most of all - Love with!

Wishing you all peace and friendship's that warm your hearts!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9242 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9242 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2016 :  5:40:24 PM  Show Profile
Praying for you Shannon and Sabrina.
Taking it easy tonight. Had to have some dental issues taken care of today and still having some pain. Can't eat yet, but that is probably a good thing.
Hoping everyone is having a good evening.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2016 :  8:32:38 PM  Show Profile
Sabrina... Oh, I hope the rest of you don't come down with the flu. I am tired tonight but have had
a good couple of days. The Stomach thing lasted two days and then left as quickly as it came. PTL!
Glad your yarn got there. Now you can finish that blanket perfectly.

Shannon...I am praying for you guys! That has to be hard with her intense screaming. Like I said I only
had that from the moment he got burned through part of the ambulance ride. And then the next day he was
acting just fine...really like nothing happened! Even when I had to clean the burnt skin off and apply the
ointment he was fine. I know he was on pain medication but I can't remember what...too many years ago.
Praying things will level out real soon!!! When Satan starts that guilt thing going in your ear...just
tell him to go back to Hell and stay there...in the Name of Jesus! I do that when ever he rears his ugly
head.

Tracy...I hope your business goes well for you girl! I wish I could find something I could do from home
to make a little money...but I'm really so focused on my Health this year...that I don't think I better
add one more thing into the mix at the moment.

Luanne...I am so Happy You Won!!! That is just going to be fun to have something to anticipate in your
mail box. You will have to post pictures so we can see too.

Denise...dental work is no fun. Hope you aren't in too much pain! Try Popsicles... They both numb and refresh. A friend dropped a huge bag of Banana Popsicle's off to my husband when he had his teeth pulled a week or two ago...and they were a godsend for him. Plus he even shared a couple with me. (+:

Darlene...Oh, My Goodness girlfriend...I was just thinking of you last week! No, kidding! You must have
heard my brain working. LOL I am so happy you are back! I hope you will stay longer this time!!! You
just don't know how much I've missed YOU! Are you still doing Hospice Work? How is that going and how
are things with your hubby? My Grand-daughter is just a little doll baby! Little miss Snuggles! She is
at that stage (2 months old where all she wants is to be held and snuggled) Well...all we do is fight
over who gets to have baby time. Daddy is a baby hog sometimes...but Oh, I just can't get enough of her.
Well, glad you are back!!! xoxo

Today I went to my Favorite Antique Mall again (just went a week ago) but hubby had to pick up some
meds from the Compounding Pharmacy over there so he dropped me off to have some more "Me" time in my favorite place...as
I don't get much of that. I ended up buying that Green Opal Necklace I probably mentioned from last week. I had a $75.00 Gift Card from my Kids from last Oct. (My Birthday). The Necklace was $60.00 very reasonable for an Antique Opal Necklace. Then I bought some little odds and ends crafting things.
Then I treated my self to lunch in their Cafe. I had Meat/Quiche and a cup of Red Pepper Soup and a roll. It was all Divine! Then I could not pass up two Slices of Strawberry Cake to bring home for
Hubby and I for tonight. That was my entire food allotment for the Day but I enjoyed every bit.
And am just getting ready to dive into the cake now...as we watch some TV together.

More Later My Lovelies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 23 2016 11:48:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kangaroo Kate
True Blue Farmgirl

253 Posts

Teresa
Red Oak Texas
USA
253 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2016 :  9:34:34 PM  Show Profile
I had my life. Turn upside down i had a mild stroke sat after dialysis. Am in hospital now cant use left leg, arm or hand. Is scaary! Will
Have to do lot of physical therapy drs feel i can make full recovery. I need prayers too get through this ordeal
Having all of you to check in with is a blessing right now

Teresa. Sister. #1506+

Dance Like No One Is
Watching.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page