Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2016 :  10:03:56 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies...

Happy Sonday!!!

Shannon...thanks for explaining The Tea Swap to Debbie. I am so pooped from all this exercise I have
been doing and also trying to organize people to go visit Kim and keep her spirits up I don't know if I'm coming or going or both. LOL! Plus yesterday spending time with my boys (daddy & son). I think being a Grandparent is the BEST Blessing in Life and I will never turn down an opportunity to spend time with them. That is one reason I want to keep active and keep optimal health. I don't want to miss a day of their growing up.

Denise...sorry that I had you and Shannon freaked out about The Super Bowl. I was so happy myself to find out that I was a week off. LOL We are going to our youngest son's house for a small family Super Bowl
Party. Which will be so much fun!!! But this weekend would have been absolutely crazy...so, I'm glad that
it is next weekend. Whew!

Debbie...so you love to iron to "Dirty Dancing" huh? I love that movie! I don't iron any more though!
If it has to be ironed I don't own it! LOL I know some women find that very relaxing and enjoyable
but I'm not one of them. I think because when I was growing up...my mom hated ironing too and so she stuck me with it. And then several women friends of hers hated it too so they paid me to do their ironing. So, now because of all of them...I hate Ironing too!!!! LOL The vicious Cycle of Ironing!!! ~ Glad you finally got your snow...because My goodness Colorado with no snow...there is just something wrong with that picture! My oldest DIL is in Colorado for both business and pleasure this weekend. She had to fly to her Spokane Office and then to her Colorado Office but the nice thing for her is...her little brother just moved to Colorado with his girlfriend 2 months ago...so Faith Marie is spending a fun Weekend with them.
Hey, I got the closest to 10,000 Steps yesterday than I have ever been. 9,552 steps. But you won't believe what it took me to get there. I walked my dog for 20 minutes, then I went to Costco with my youngest son
and walked that entire place (that should have been 10,000 steps right there lol) and then later my husband and I went and walked on the Treadmills at the Fitness Center for 35 minutes...plus walking around
my Apartment doing this and that. I was so pooped!!! The day I finally hit the 10,000 steps and my Fitbit goes off on my arm, I'm sure I will faint from shear exhaustion...Not The Joy of reaching that milestone!!! LOL

Judith...have Fun in St. Claire with your Grand-daughter and Greatgran-daughter. My Grandkids are the JOY
of my life...so, I know you must feel the same. Also, want you to know how much my husband and I use those Microwave bowl holders! Those are the most marvelous invention of the Century!!! At least we think so!!

Has anyone every tried Coconut Coffee? I had heard for awhile that People were putting Coconut oil in
their coffee because it had great health benefits besides tasting good. And I was always going to try
it but never did. Anyway, Costco had this Instant Coffee with Coconut already mixed in with it and so
I bought a can yesterday $9.99, just to try. Oh, man it is amazing girls! I rarely ever drink instant
coffee as I don't usually like it as well as regular coffee in the pot...but this I will buy more of...it
is that good!!! Plus gives you energy believe it or not! You'll have to google the benefits of coconut in your coffee...for those of you who like both tea and coffee like me.

OK Girlie's I'm off to get ready for Church. Hope I don't fall asleep...as I'm soooo tired from all this walking I'm doing.

Have a Blessed Day
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 31 2016 10:09:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2016 :  2:55:25 PM  Show Profile
HI ladies,
hope your Sunday is going well. WE are enjoying the calm before the storm here in my neck of the woods. Tuesday we are expected to be hit with blizzard conditions and lots of snow. Needless to say today I stocked up on groceries, candles, etc and will see what they decide about school. I am sure tomorrow everyone will buzz out as soon as possible as it supposed to start tomorrow night.

Peggy I will pray for your friend. God is amazing at what He does and already he has shown her that. So glad her family will be there.

I have been in a bit of funk about things lately. I seem to not have much time for me to relax and school has kept me hopping. My butterflies have lots of issues right now and there is all the stuff teachers do outside of the classroom. I am a person who thrives on balance and down time and that lacking lately has put me a cranky mood. Prayers would be appreciated. The Lord and I have been in many conversation over this lately and I know something is going to have to give. Or I will be a wilted butterfly.

well I am off to finish getting my sons ready to head back to college. Oh we got a new puppy...a new golden retriever. Jax didn't like him at first. But now they are best friends. I am so happy he has a friend again. He missed Shadow. I will post pictures soon.
love and blessings,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2016 :  07:13:54 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies! I'm behind again but I have a good excuse. I've been in the states the last 10+days because my grandfather was ill. He passed away Tuesday but I got to spend some time with him before that so I'm very thankful. I am trying to fly back to Germany today but I'm flying on a military flight on standby basis so I won't know until right before if we can get on the flight (all the kids are with me). I would appreciate any prayers you can send that we get on that plane!!! I'll update more when we get home. Thanks!!!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Norwex www.sabrinascheerer.norwex.biz
Usborne Books and More! https://j4070.myubam.com

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6447 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6447 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2016 :  07:30:30 AM  Show Profile
Sabrina, so sorry for the loss of your beloved Grandfather! Keeping you in my heart, thoughts and prayers.

On a happier note Congratulations on being chosen for February Farmgirl of the Month, enjoy the month and have fun.

We are snowed in with more snow to come. No appointment today for hubby at the Denver VA, 2 1/2 -3 hours from our home! Sure hAted to cancel but just could not get there, rescheduled for Feb. 22nd.

Have a Beautiful and Blessed day ladies!

Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

"You must do the thing you think you can not do." Eleanor Roosevelt

Women are Angels,and when someone breaks our wings We simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We're flexible like that.

www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
www.Amazon.com/Blessed in Colorado
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2016 :  08:03:36 AM  Show Profile
TLTammy - so many many hugs! I am so sorry you have been in a funk! I get it completely! I'm hoping you get that blizzard so you can have your downtown! I am an introvert, and need my down time as well!!! That is why I need quiet time everyday in the afternoon or to send the kids to their room for awhile to breathe!!!

Sabrina - I am so sorry to hear about your grandfather :( Praying getting the hop works out! What a nightmare with that many people!

Debbie - I would so love to be snowed in! Sadly we are in the 70s today!

So it looks like our family has been struck by the flu! yuck yuck yuck! Determined to have a good day anyways!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2016 :  09:17:42 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
My tea package arrived, Peggy. Thanks! Can't wait to try those teas. And the stickers and calendar are perfect.

The February teas will go out this week I think. Hope everyone enjoys them.

So sorry on the loss of your grandfather, Sabrina. So nice you got to see him a bit before he passed. I hope you and the kids get on the flight! And congratulations on FGOTM for February.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."

Edited by - quiltee on Feb 01 2016 10:06:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2016 :  09:28:00 AM  Show Profile
Sabrina, congratulations on being Farmgirl of the month! Good for you!
BUT.... so, so sorry to hear about your Grandfather. I'm so glad you got to see him before he passed.
Will be Praying for you!
We had warm weather all w/e. Now it's 30's again. We still haven't had anything but about a skiff of snow the past month. Not normal at all. Maybe February will bring more.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1411 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1411 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2016 :  11:26:57 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies!! Yes...it's the mia GinghamGirl Joyce :) We've had some major events in our life...which seriously made me cut back on a lot of fun things...like the porch :) I tried my best to stay up with my Wildflower Chapter during the time. My biggest event: We moved across the country! We are on a beautiful 54 acre farm in Prince Edward Island...and it certainly is a dream!! I look forward to checking on here about once or twice a week and seeing how everyone is doing. I hope you all don't mind me being back on here...

I can't believe I missed the tea swap again!! Hopefully next time things won't be so hectic and crazy ;)

Sabrina - I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your grandfather. Much hugs and prayers are being sent your way.

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071

Edited by - GinghamGirl on Feb 01 2016 11:29:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2016 :  12:03:20 PM  Show Profile
Sabrina...Oh, I am soooooooo sorry about your Grandfather. That is heartbreaking!
I hope he was a believer that followed God. Again, Congrats on Becoming FGM...we are so
Happy for YOU!!!!

Joyce. WELCOME BACK!!! Sorry you missed the Tea Swap again but maybe next time you'll make it!
Well, 54 Acres on Prince Edward Island sounds like a real dream come true! Congrats on that move!!
Shall we start calling you Anne with an "e"! LOL Anne Shirley!!! And yes, you can Always come
back to The Porch!!! We shall love seeing your smiling face on here.

Linda...glad you got your Tea Pkg! Excited that we have yours to look forward too! That is the neat
thing about the Tea Swap...at least once a month you have something to look forward to besides bills.

Teacher Tammy...So sorry dear friend that you have been in a blue funk! Maybe with your new puppy...Jax and his antics will cheer you heart up. What is his name by the way? And yes we would love to see pictures
of him. Cheer up my friend...Life looks better when not so grim...I know! Prayed for you Now and will continue. God said he would re-dust your wings with "Glitter" and help you soar higher in His Strength!

OK..Ladies thanks for your prayers for my Friend Kim...she is still in surgery. Since her folks flew in
to town for the Surgery...I won't go back up until tonight after she has come out off the pain meds enough
to visit coherently.

More Later...

blessings and hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2016 :  9:49:33 PM  Show Profile
Thanks everyone for the hugs, prayers and congrats!! Getting FGOTM is definitely a bright spot! there is so much more to tell about this month but I'll have to do it later. We didn't get on the hop out, there were soooooo many people trying to get out. I have another chance tomorrow but If I don't make that one I am probably stuck here until at least Sunday. If all the people waiting there tonight show up tomorrow it doesn't look too good but who knows. Keep praying!!!

I will catch up more when I have a chance!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2016 :  10:01:06 PM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...
Quick update on my friend Kim. Her surgery was this morning. She had a full hysterectomy getting
one tumor in the uterus and one on an Ovary. But then they found a big grapefruit size mass in
her lower intestine. They Left it and will try to shrink it first with chemo and radiation.
Her cancer is Lymphoma and it is aggressive. Please keep her in your prayers. She is in her early 50's.
She said she is still at Peace and filled with Joy.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 02 2016 12:09:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

prichmond9
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Peggy
Pelham Tennessee
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2016 :  10:12:42 PM  Show Profile
What is the tea swap? I would love to be a part of sharing different tea bags, is that it? Is it too late to hook up with someone? I just bought this lovely little blue bird tea pot from a friend of mine. The name of my camper is The Bluebird so the teapot will fit in nicely for afternoon tea when I am out and about camping.

Farm girl #5880
Consider the possibilities
Wherever I am, that's where I will be.
Go to Top of Page

prichmond9
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Peggy
Pelham Tennessee
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2016 :  10:17:25 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by prichmond9

What is the tea swap? I would love to be a part of sharing different tea bags, is that it? Is it too late to hook up with someone? I just bought this lovely little blue bird tea pot from a friend of mine. The name of my camper is The Bluebird so the teapot will fit in nicely for afternoon tea when I am out and about camping.

Sabrina, I am so sorry about your grandfather, safe travels back to Germany, I know you and your children must be exhausted. Hoope you get home very soon.
Farm girl #5880

Farm girl #5880
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2016 :  11:48:19 PM  Show Profile
Peggy...at the End of Each Year I do a sign-up sheet for the Following years Tea Swap.
12 Months...so only twelve slots open and it is first come first serve...so to speak.
Once we have the Twelve Monthly Slots filled then I close it off. Usually I take January
so nobody feels the pressure of having to do the first month. We usually send out two
different kinds of tea to all 12 of the women signed up. And we all usually include some
fun tucks in with the Tea. This year I sent out a Tea Calendar and a set of cute Tea Stickers.
It is fun to do the Swap...and have something lovely to look forward to in your Mail Box
each month other than junk mail and bills. So, unfortunately it is too late to get in on this
years Tea Swap. But the End of November I will put the Tea Swap back up for next year...so please
keep your eyes peeled for it and jump in on the Fun! ~ By the way your New to You Tea Pot is
sooooooooo pretty! Enjoy it and have many fun pots of relaxation from delicious Tea.

Hugs and Smiles,
PeggyAnn

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6447 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6447 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2016 :  05:52:58 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Ladies~

Peggy: Thanks for the update on Kim, glad she madee it though her surgery. Continued prayers.

Well, 3 days later and it is still snowing, it is suppose to stop sometime today:-) I will miss my Rheumatologist appointment this afternoon as we can not dig ourselves out yet and their office in the big city is closed anyway due to the snow:-( Two major doctors appointments we had to cancel and one took months to get. VA has already rescheduled hubby's, it will be February 22nd now.

I have been trying to catch up on a few things this past few days, iroing, crafts just little things but they needed to be done.

Tomorrow my knitting group meets, I will be able to get out of the house after being in since Friday. It is at a friend's house just right down the road so I could walk if I had too. It will be fun to get out and be with women folk;-) I love my guys but......

Stay warm ladies, but next time.

The picture was taken from my Studio window yesterday morning, it is through the screen on the window. It is of a big buck and two females trying to get through the snow.

Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

Women are Angels,and when someone breaks our wings We simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We're flexible like that.

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Feb 02 2016 06:00:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2016 :  07:22:34 AM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday, God Blesses me...
Happy Birthday to meeeee! I am 61!...and proud of it! No whining from this chick!
God Blesses me real good! I'm alive... made it through another year... I'm one year closer to HIS
return, Praise His Dear Name...AND I have GREAT Porch-Buds like you gals!
I am truly Blessed!
Many good thoughts and warm Prayers going out to all my Porchies!
Have some cake, ice cream and tea with me. Virtually speaking... it can be any kind or flavor we want...
and... all calorie free, don't ya know!
Extra Hugs&Squeezles for all of you today... also completely calorie free! *giggle*
Love Yuns!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2016 :  07:24:01 AM  Show Profile
Wishing you the happiest birthday Judy!!!!!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6447 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6447 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2016 :  07:46:22 AM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Judy, may all your hopes, wishes and dreams come true.
Have a beautiful, fun and Blessed day.

Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2016 :  08:12:57 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Happy birthday, Judy! Enjoy your day!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1411 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1411 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2016 :  08:21:05 AM  Show Profile
:) Love the enthusiasm, Judy!! Happy Birthday!!!

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2016 :  08:56:47 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Buds! Hubby left before I got up this morning... V.A. appointment. But when I came down to the kitchen I saw this big wooden chest. He got it at Goodwill. It's a 4 ft. Lane Cedar Chest. WOW! Sure it's chipped, cracked, it's beat up, it's dull(bless his heart, he polished it)...BUT, it's a Lane Cedar Chest!!!
When I was graduating from H.S. a lot of the girls were talking about parents and boyfriends getting them a Lane Cedar Chest! A what? We were country folk, we didn't know about those expensive, frilly, froo-froo things.lol I was coveting my Gr-Grandmothers beat-up black, no name trunk(no,never got it.bought one from a friend later.I lived,I'm good)Anyhoo, now I have a Lane Cedar Chest! hah... me...WOW! roflroflheehee
Oh, and did I mention it has carved edges... and it's a 'Lane Cedar Chest! Woo-hoo! Yup, he loves me! Aw shucks!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6447 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6447 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2016 :  09:05:17 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful! What a true vintage treasure, your hubby did good! I would not do a thing to it, it has so much character!

Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2016 :  09:16:48 AM  Show Profile
Happy birthday Judy!!

Praying for your friend Peggy.

I didn't sleep well the few hours I was able to try....on top of everything the baby is teething. We are hanging out at the hotel, when the baby wakes up from his map we will go eat and hang out some more. When we get tired of the hotel (they are giving us a very late checkout) we will go to the airport, heard they have a nice playground somewhere.

Hoping to make it out tonight but we will see. No flights the next two days at least so may be stuck here a while. Just trying to make the best of it, I may get to spend some time with a good friend.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2016 :  12:21:25 PM  Show Profile

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUDY!!! I made this just for YOUR BIRTHDAY!!! Our Virtual Cake with no Calories.
Some of the other Porchies are bringing the Ice Cream, Tea, Coffee, Plates, Cups, etc. No, not
you...you just come and enjoy the FUN!!! You Know some people never make it to your age...so,
I'm glad you are good with it!!! ~ And look at what Dave did for you...your very OWN LANE CEDAR
CHEST!!! WOWSIE Girlfriend! That would make a perfect Coffee Table for the Living Room! I could
have given you one of those last July. I gave my Aunts away! I loved it but had no room for it.
Sadness!!! Anyway, Sweetest, Funniest Porch Bud...we want you to continue to enjoy your Day!!!

Oops...somebody bring the Candles I forgot them!!! But then again
maybe we don't want to start a Forest Fire!! ROFLOL

Much Love and Gratitude for your Great Sense of Humor that blesses everyone of us!!!
We LOVE YOU! Yes, WE DO!!

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy and All Your Porch Buds

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 02 2016 12:26:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2016 :  12:36:50 PM  Show Profile
Good Afternoon My Porchies...

Deb...loved that Screen Shot of the Buck and two Does. That actually turned out very cool
through the screen like that. Do you mind if I save a copy of that? Let me know.

Sabrina...praying you get out of there tonight!!! That must be hard just having to hang out
with the Children like that. I'm praying for you all that this is your day to get HOME!

Judy...tell Dave he "Done Good" on that Birthday Gift!!!! He gets kudos from your Porchies!!!
Hope your day is Delightful and full of Special Memory Makers!!!

Hi to Shannon, Joyce and Linda...thanks for hopping on and wishing our Birthday Girl A Happy One!
Come back to share in the Cake...but don't wait too long or we will have it all eaten before you
get here.

Have a Glorious Tuesday...it is Beautiful here today!!!

Hugs and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 02 2016 12:38:51 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page