Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2016 :  12:11:33 AM  Show Profile
Peggy-Sorry if I sounded defensive :). I know it is because you care and I appreciate that!! And yes, to some extent I DO have to be careful and not over-do it because my mind moves so fast and there are so many things I want to try!!! I get told a lot that I'm "doing too much," or "take on too much" or "can't say no." It isn't actually that I can't say no, I'll totally say no to something that doesn't sound fun or interesting it is just that so many things DO!!! I've also realized (with the help of the book I recently read and mentioned here) that.....this sounds arrogant and it really isn't meant too, sometimes it isn't a good thing.....am able to handle a more full schedule than most people. Actually I thrive on it. That all said I did start to get a bit burned out the last few months but taking some time to reflect I figured out it is that I was a. giving too much too others and not doing things that fill me up and b. out of the house too much. Now I've cut back on out of the house and am still doing a lot but it is more what I want to do because it is fulfilling to me and it is at home and flexible. I don't really like being on someone else's schedule. I'm also working to "work myself out of a job" in my various volunteer areas. I'm working to recruit someone to take over Classical Conversations, this will be my last semester teaching at the other coop and I will be working on finding someone to take over the Children's church stuff for me. The aim is to back out of all these at least down to a support role by August. I'm doing that because we will be moving in a year, if not sooner, and we want to finally do some traveling plus I want to be able to focus on planning our move. So I DO kind of keep it under control :). Go ahead and keep caring!! :)

Shannon-right I realized after I posted the last response that it was probably the whole if you are in 20 years you get BOTH VA and retirement thing. Ugh I hope they let him, it is super frustrating and ridiculous that they would kick someone out a handful of months before retirement and cause so many issue.

Well my kids are sick, at least two of them and the baby didn't sleep well. There are probably 5 or so inches of snow on the ground and it is still snowing. Luckily we don't have anywhere to go today!! I'm hoping to finally start exercising this week. I have been doing situps but no cardio. I have to do Dustin's FAFSA, which I had thought about that in December but he can't get Pell grant for grad school and we aren't taking a loan. I forgot that he would need it to qualify for scholarships so I need to do it today if possible. The army will be covering most of his cost but we will still have some and scholarships sure would be helpful!!

One of my 2016 goals is to write one article a week. Here we are more than half way through January and I can't come up with a topic for the life of me. I was hoping to submit it to keeping in touch for MJF mag but I am stumped lol.

Well I've gotta get off to do circle time with the kids. I'll try to check back soon!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Norwex www.sabrinascheerer.norwex.biz
Usborne Books and More! https://j4070.myubam.com

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2016 :  04:44:13 AM  Show Profile
I only have a couple minutes to be on here this morning, as we are getting done so we can head to the zoo. It was a restless night for Emi, and therefore me. I literally saw every hour with her last night! I am guessing I will take a nap on the way back home tonight!

Debbie - welcome back to the porch :)

PGTammy - so sorry to hear about work! How frustrating! It amazes me how people in authority make such life altering decisions for people, just because they are the "powers that be." It is awesome, though, that walmart would be willing to up you to full time if you decide that is the route you want to take.

Peggy - peppermint oil was news to me as well, though it was kinda funny - I learned it in the class I am taking via Vintage Remedies, and my order from The Bulk Herb Store came, which included an herbal book. I happened to look up peppermint, and sure enough, there it was! They too said not to use peppermint oil on babies for the same reason!

Sabrina - I had not even thought about scholarships for grad school! Ugh aren't we silly! The book cost is craziness! But I think the most expensive part for us right now is the intensives... he has to drive to Virginia, and book a hotel and get meals for a week, then drive back! Costly!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2016 :  11:03:27 AM  Show Profile
Oh man Shannon I'm glad D doesn't have to do that!! I just happened to see something about scholarships. There aren't many but there are a few. Worth a shot anyway. I can relate to your lack of sleep, between teeth and a leap and congestion and who knows what else Dan has not been sleeping well. Plus we moved him out of our room right after Christmas and he is not impressed. I haven't had much sleep in 3 weeks and last night was really awful :(. Lack of sleep is seriously impacting my productivity!

Well I didn't get much done today. I mopped all the downstairs (living areas) floors because the snow/mud had made them gross. I didn't get much writing done though on one of my few precious "at home" days. Monday isn't always an at home day but since it was a holiday we didn't have anywhere to go today. I am congested myself and tired from the baby not sleeping so I went kind of easy on myself and I only feel a little bit bad about it :)

Hopefully tomorrow is a little better since I don't want to get behind.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Norwex www.sabrinascheerer.norwex.biz
Usborne Books and More! https://j4070.myubam.com

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9203 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9203 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2016 :  9:35:08 PM  Show Profile
Shannon~ The wedding was beautiful and the weather cooperated!

Sabrina~ Sorry your kiddos are sick. Hope it passes quickly for you and them.

Debbie~ Nice to see you back again! Hope all is well with you.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6391 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6391 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2016 :  06:10:03 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Everyone:

Having my first cup of coffee while I wait for the sun to come up.

Thanks for the wArm welcome everyone it is good to be back.

Sabina: I hope your babies feel better soon, it is no fun having sick children.

Denise: Glad you had fun at the wedding and visiting with family and friends.

Peggy: Hope Bible study went well and the coffee was good.

Here comes the Sun gotta go!

Have a Beautiful day everyone, till next time.

Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

"Dream as if you will live forever...live as if you will die today." James Dean

"The truth is everyone is going hurt you. You got to find the ones worth suffering for." Bob Marley

"Friendship is when people know all about you but love you anyway."

www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
www.Amazon.com/Blessed in Colorado
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2016 :  07:35:09 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone! Enjoying a day at home with no major stresses. Hoping to start underrating from Christmas tonight. I need to get the children back on track with school and get some packages ready to put in the mail. I'm also hoping to do some crafting for Valentine's Day today, as well as crochet my January dishcloth. One of my goals for this year is to learn to crochet and make a dishcloth each month.

Sabrina - I so understand the lack of sleep! Somehow Emi has mixed up her days and nights... Sort of. She sleeps at night, but eats every hour and a half. She is awake during the day, but hardly eats. Most days I feel like a walking zombie and I am finding my temper is getting short! Would appreciate prayers regarding that!

Denise - so glad the wedding turned out so well! are you safely home now?

Peggy - I bought my hubby War Room for Christmas... we finally had the opportunity to watch it last night. Wonderful movie!!!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2016 :  11:26:14 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning MY Porchies...I finally had a relatively good nights sleep. Good for me anyway.
Got my muscle relaxer yesterday and that really helped. It is 10:30 AM and I just got up.
When you go to bed at 3:00 one hates to wake up at 7:00 am.

Shannon...I am so glad you liked War Room too...it really was a Fabulous Movie! What a Message!
Sorry, that your little one has her schedule messed up. It is Natural for mom's to get cranky
when they aren't getting enough sleep because baby is off...but I will pray for you. Last night
I went to my youngest son's house to drop off a baby gift from a friend of mine. She made them
a Gorgeous Blanket. I will post a picture tomorrow of it. Anyway, my son is holding a very
fussy baby girl and Mommy looks like she has had a very harried day, and Elijah is trying to
use the Grandmama distraction to sneak a hot homemade cookie off the cooling rack and daddy catches
him (and he already had one)and they haven't had dinner yet. Then Elijah starts pitching a fit.
It was craziness!!! And Grandmama was just happy she was headed off to Planet Fitness to exercise. lol

Sabrina...thank you for your kind words back to me about my care and concern. I don't ever want to
offend... so just tell me to "Back Off Lady" if you need to. I don't know if I told you girls or not
but a friend of mine in her 40's just had twin baby boys about 2 weeks after Savannah was born and
she wasn't due until February 17th...but her uterus ruptured...and she had to have an emergency
c-section. The boys looked big for preemies and her belly had been so huge! But everyone was doing fine
and the boys got to go home from the Hospital yesterday. It was such a miracle in every way!

Debbie...I found out that my new Fitbit Charger HR doesn't count as many steps as the earlier trackers
do. You have to actually be walking at a brisk pace or it doesn't track your steps. So, It doesn't track
my in house walking at all...only when I go outside to walk the dog or run trash or recycling out.
I am a fast walker because I have walked all my adult life and for many of those years I was a speed-walker. So, I would have to be walking a fast pace for 1 full hour to have any hopes of reaching 10,000.
steps a day. Yesterday was my closest 9010 steps but I walked our Neighborhood for 20 minutes (very briskly) with my dog and then
30 minutes at the Fitness Center later that evening. I also noticed that
when I went shopping the other day (again I don't walk leisurely ever) it didn't count the steps I walked
in the Store. A little frustrating...but it does make me exercise longer and harder. Which Tracker do you
have...The Flex maybe?

Denise...I am glad that the Wedding was so beautiful and that the weather wasn't bad either. Do you get a lot of snow where you are at? I have never been in your neck of the U.S. so, I'm not sure what kind of
climate you are in. Here we seem to have extremely wet winters and extremely Hot Summers. That is why I
had to join a Fitness Center because I hate to walk in cold rain in the winter months. Spring and summer
I love walking outdoors. Would rather enjoy God's Scenery than be stuck inside on a Treadmill with TV's.
But I will just learn to do both.

Judy, Patsy, and Teacher Tammy
...I'm about ready to send out the Posse and round you girls up! LOl Don't make me put my hands on my hips!!!
What are you all finding so exciting to do in this Wintry Weather...please come tell us about it
so we can find something exciting to do also. LOL

OK...I'm off to get somethings done. Need to run 3 boxes to The Salvation Army...and who knows from
there. Have a great Day and find someone to Bless and make their day Happier.

Oh, and YES I'm working on the Tea Packages Girls. Just so you know I haven't forgotten!

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 19 2016 11:34:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9203 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9203 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2016 :  6:16:55 PM  Show Profile
Shannon, We are back home and getting back to routine again.
Peggy, Our weather here is not quite as snowy as NY but it gets quite cold and we do get snow. Many times though when PA and NY get snow we will get rain.
We live out in the countryside but I do not go out to walk as our road can get quite busy. But in the summer I like to get out and do the gardening and yard work to get my exercise in.
Debbie, I love getting up before the sun and everyone else just to have some quietness before the day starts.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2016 :  06:18:21 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies. Thought I'd jump on quick before training starts. It's been riddled with technical issues like we feared which is stressing me out a bit. To counter the stress I grabbed my knitting basket and I'll knit to help relieve the stress and to fill the time while the issues are being dealt with. I'm hoping they shorten the length up considerably. My hopes of exercising in the morning haven't worked either. Monday morning Oreo had a bad case of diarrhea all over the bedroom carpet. Matt was livid to say the least. I woke up at 3 to go to the bathroom, took the dogs out and went back to bed. I couldn't get back to sleep but might have snoozed until about 5 when the accidents occurred and after that I never got back to sleep so I had about 3.5 hours sleep. Yesterday morning I did manage to sleep until 7 although I was up about 5 to take the dogs out. I've had to buy a crate to put Oreo in at night to hopefully prevent another occurrence. It has helped with her waking me at ridiculously early hours to go outside (ie the 3 am or 4:30 am bathroom breaks). I was able to sleep until almost 6 this morning :O)

Peggy - I have the Flex Fitbit. You can get replacement bands on Amazon, which is were I ordered mine. I did notice the other day that W*lmart had some, although, not near the variety on Amazon. I think mine are supposed to be here tomorrow. There are tons of neat prints. I charged mine last night and put it on this morning.

Shannon - yes it is nice that W*lmart is so accommodating. They're really willing to work with good employees. My assistant manager was disappointed when I told him Matt wants me to stick it out with my other job. I did tell him I'd be willing to take it part time if he needed me to though. Even with the pay increase it would provide, Matt doesn't think its enough to cover losing my insurance which is a lot better than what W*lmart offers; although, they are getting better.

Well time for more training. Have a great everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Etsy: PrairieGypsyCrafts
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2016 :  10:05:08 AM  Show Profile
Hi Prairie Tammy...I will check out Amazon and see if they have any for the newer Charge HR. I do
However love The Deep Purple Band on this one. But variety is the Spice of Life!! Oh, poor Oreo...
what did he eat that caused the trots? The Kennel is a good idea so everyone can get some sleep.
Even Oreo...it sounds like he is just in the habit of getting you up twice a night and that is a
good habit to break. Dogs are so funny! My husband and I both laugh at our Scotty because he is so
SJ (Myers Briggs Personality Indicator) in his behavior. He wants to do everything exactly the same
with no variances. Which can't possible always happen in life. Like, Larry and I will both be working
on our computers in different rooms and the dog will decide it is time for us to come out to the
Living Room to watch TV together...so, he will go into both of us (one right after the other) and
start whining at us to stop and come to the living room. LOL My husbands dog Sterling that we had to
have put down about 5 years ago...he would actually step on the switch on the power suppressor and
turn off my husbands computer if he wanted Larry to do something with him. That dog was soooooo smart,
it was scary! ~ Hope you don't have to do 8 hours of Training today. Maybe they will keep having
problems. LOL

Denise...I wasn't sure if you got really snowy weather there in the winter months or not. It looks like
we might have a partially dry day here today. Which will be great. I might actually get a little bit
of extra walking in. Take my dog for our 20 minute walk and then walk at the Fitness Club later.

Well, nothing on my agenda for today...other than getting the thrift store stuff dropped off that I
didn't get to the other day. I need room to fill more boxes up. LOL

Ok...sweet girls!!! Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 20 2016 10:08:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6391 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6391 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2016 :  11:51:20 AM  Show Profile
Good Afternoon gals,
Peggy: I have a FitBit HR, it does track all my steps in the house, the key is to swing your arms as you walk then your steps will track. This is what I do! Today I actually walked my 3 Doxies outside for a mile to get some fresh air as I had not been out in a few days. I have been working on my Ebay and Etsy Shops and it takes so much of my time. My girls were very happy to get out too and stretch their legs. I try for 10,000 steps a day but it does not happen all the time.

Denise: Yes, I love my mornings, I am usually up by 5:30am, my Doxies are early risers, so it is just the 3 of them and myself for a few hours, I love it!

Well, today is craft day, I have already made 13 Vintage Wool Hearts by hand from an old red sweater I had, they are for Valentine gifts. Now I need to make ATCs to go with them.

Till tomorrow, have a beautiful day everyone!

Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

"Dream as if you will live forever...live as if you will die today." James Dean

"The truth is everyone is going hurt you. You got to find the ones worth suffering for." Bob Marley

"Friendship is when people know all about you but love you anyway."

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Jan 20 2016 11:52:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9203 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9203 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2016 :  4:05:36 PM  Show Profile
I haven't gotten much done today. I did some knitting. Finished one of my projects and started another. It is so cold I just can't seem to stay going after the morning hours.

Peggy~ They are actually calling for a very snowy weekend for us. 8-12 inches is expected for our area and that is a lot for this area. I used to do really well with the walking when I was working because we were on our feet all day but since I have stopped and our road isn't the best for that I use the treadmill. Right now it is put away to make space for other necessities.

Hope everyone had a great day!

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2016 :  5:23:07 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies.

Peggy I realized I'd forgotten to mention mine does track my steps at home. I think yours has the heart monitor, which I didn't feel I needed. I bought a 3 pack of bands; a leopard print, a white one with black dog paw prints, and a black and white check one. There are several more I'd like, especially some of the pretty floral ones for summer. Oh, and yes I did have training for 8 hours which ended up actually 9 hours because I stayed online an extra hour to complete an online training course that I had to take which was an hour long (uggg) but it's done and now I can finish up an hour early Friday :O)

I'm off tonight and so want to curl up in a chair and stay there BUT there are things I need to get done; dishes and vacuuming. I just finished walking the dogs. We had some freezing fog this morning and a light dusting of snow so it was sort of pretty tonight walking. Wish we had a wooded area to walk in that was prettier. It's a balmy 21' tonight so wanted to take advantage of it. Might try for a hot bath as a reward to myself if I get everything done.

Night everybody.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Etsy: PrairieGypsyCrafts
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9203 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9203 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2016 :  05:33:08 AM  Show Profile
Prairie Tammy, Hope you managed to get that hot bath in to relax!

I woke up to about 2 inches of snow on the ground. Always looks so pretty. They say we are expected to get near a foot of it over the weekend. Glad I am not traveling anywhere.
I have been up since 5 this morning and have gotten much accomplished in that time. Always have enjoyed getting my chores and work done first thing.
Sitting here debating what to make for Supper tonight. Thinking the crockpot is going to be my friend today.
Then I can get some more knitting and some of my crafting finished up. I also need to do some tidying up in the bedrooms.

Hope everyone has a great day!

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2016 :  10:41:32 AM  Show Profile
Morning My Porchies...

Ok, Debbie I will have to try that moving arms thing...and see if that works. I really am working hard
for all this. LOL I added another 5 minutes to my walk today which I walked twice. 20 min. with the Dog then 35 min. on the Treadmill with an incline of 1.5. I lost 4 lbs in a week...which I only planned for 1 a week
when I set up my goals. So...if I plug along...I should start seeing some noticeable results sooner
than later. Thanks for the encouragement Debbie. I think another thing that kind of works against me is
even though I am short...I have a long stride from walking so many years...the average person can't keep
up with me in normal walking let along brisk walking or speed walking. Thus I take less steps than the
average person would to get the same distance...but that is ok...because it speeds up my cardio. I
even have to slow down for my dog so I don't wear him out. LOL ~ I am not getting much crafting done
since I have been coloring up a storm...and my Apartment isn't getting very cleaned since I'm concentrating
on "ME" lately. But I don't have much company anyway so, it is what it is! I only have so much energy
to expend each day and now at night when I go to bed...I keep falling asleep reading...which bugs me because that is my time to read and relax. I guess you could say I'm now REALLY RELAXING!!! LOL

Denise...Snow is always so pretty. I love it when we get just a couple inches here but more than that I
don't like. Living here you are pretty much guaranteed that any snow you get will only last a day or two.
Unless we really get a Snow Storm then it is a week to 10 days. So, I can handle that. But everything shuts down here even with a skiff of snow. Schools close, Churches close etc etc. It is really funny
because I came from Montana and Spokane, WA and Schools and Churches Never closed down...ever!!! And
we got lots of snow and sometimes it lasted 5 months on the ground. You could really get cabin fever
in the Winter Months when it lasted that long. So, enjoy your snow!!! I don't envy you the 10-12 inches
though! (+:

Prairie Tammy...yes, mine does the Heart Monitor and also does your sleep but I don't really care that
much about those features either except I check the overall Summary a couple times a week just because
the Information is all there. But the Treadmills at the Fitness Center monitors all that too so I do
have a daily visual of all of that info whether I want to see it or not. LOL I still haven't looked
on Amazon to see if they have various bands for The Charger HR. Well, the computer just ate about 5 lines of my typing to you...so, I will just move on before this whole post is gone.

Have a Fabulous Day Girls!!! Do something FUN or something Healthy. No...I don't equate the two
together!!! LOL

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9203 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9203 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2016 :  09:34:09 AM  Show Profile
Went and got everything we need to keep our hens warm and fed. Their coop is a pretty nice one but still I don't want to lose any due to the cold.

Still working on some knitting projects and watching Dr. Who

Hope everyone is having a great day!

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jan 22 2016 09:35:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2016 :  09:39:12 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I have not been keeping up with all these threads lately because I've been up in Michigan with my boyfriend, Ed, since the 14th. It is COLD up here. We drove up from Texas because his sister was diagnosed with advanced breast cancer last Tuesday the 12th, and she left us to be with the Lord yesterday evening. She had no pain and was at peace when she passed. I will be here another week because the funeral will probably be next Friday.

Keep warm, everyone! Are any of you up in the Grand Rapids area by any chance?

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2016 :  11:32:49 AM  Show Profile
Linda...so sorry to hear about Ed's sisters passing. Wow...that must have been extremely
advanced breast cancer...as I have never heard of someone dying that fast from it. All
my prayers and good thoughts coming your way for Ed's entire Family and his sisters family
if she was married with kids. How quickly life goes...you just never know.
{{{{{{{{{BigHugs}}}}}}}}}}}} My kids use to live in Grand Rapids...and I would visit them
once or twice a year. I got my one and only Tattoo while I was there. LOL They now live in
Seattle! Much Closer!

Denise...sounds like you are doing the smart thing for the cold and snow...sitting with your
knitting, Dr. Who, and staying in doors for the most part. Sounds Lovely Actually.

Debbie...I didn't accept your Weekend Warrior Challenge as I'm tired and I always take either
Saturday or Sunday off completely from exercise. My body needs that one day of rest because
of my Fibro.

Well, I am off...to do what?... I'm not really sure! More Later dear hearts!

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2016 :  6:49:29 PM  Show Profile
Flying in quickly heard Peggy had the posse out...sheesh...that is one way to get us to the porch...hahahahha

Peggy I have a fitbit charge. I love it. The company is also very good if you have problems. They sent me a replacement when mine bit the dust and wouldn't track. I got my Beth Moore tickets this week. Going to see her speak in April. My bible study gals are very excited.

I have been very busy with school and my grandsons were here this past week, granddaughter had her tonsils out this week and our school had its luncheon fundraiser so I have been baking, cooking , etc this week. Needless to say my butterfly wings are tired.

Welcome to all the new ladies. So glad you found us.

well I am off to put my feet up and read a bit.
Keep warm,
hugs and blessings,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9203 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9203 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2016 :  06:58:59 AM  Show Profile
Sounds like you have been quite busy Tammy. Hope you get to put your feet up a little this weekend!

We are pretty well in for the weekend. We have around 6 inches of snow on the ground with more coming down. The wind is the worst. It would be quite nice to go out into if it weren't for that wind.

Have a great Saturday!

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jan 23 2016 07:00:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6391 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6391 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2016 :  07:23:58 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Everyone~
Short post this morning as I have so much to do today, need to get it all finished today so I can enjoy the BRONCOS game tomorrow.
Denise: Enjoy your snow, tAke time to build a snowman and breath in the fresh clean air. Have fun!
It is great being back on the Virual Porch and getting to know everyone, but I do sometimes find it hArd to keep up! Must be my age!
Take time for yourselves ladies as we all need that!

Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

"You must do the thing you think you can not do." Eleanor Roosevelt

Women are Angels,and when someone breaks our wings We simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We're flexible like that.

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9203 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9203 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2016 :  08:46:01 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Debbie! Maybe when they wind dies down I will go and get the grandkids to come over and help with that snowman.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2016 :  09:24:26 AM  Show Profile
Morning My Porchies...

Teacher Tammy...Well, it does sound like you have been extremely busy, but you got back on
The Porch just in the nick of time!!! ~ So, glad to hear that your Bible Study Gals are
going to See Beth Moore in April. You will LOVE it! I have seen her once in person in Portland.
She was just a true combination of utter humility and riotous humor...and a lot of great teaching
in the middle!! So, thrilled for you all!~Glad you got some grand kids time. That is always so
much fun. I'm praying I get some of that this weekend too.~ Well, don't stay gone so long this
time...because we worry that your Butterflies glued your wings to the ceiling of your classroom
or something more worse. We know you have had some rowdy classes in past years! Hahahaha!!!

Denise...enjoy that down time. I would be either coloring, reading or cleaning if I was stuck at
home. The first two would be my preference however. Weekends are made for FUN...so indulge yourself.

Debbie...we are glad to have you back on The Porch too!!! And yes, if you don't come on here every
day or two at the most it can get a little hard to keep caught up! Hope you have some fun planned today.
I haven't heard from my son yet...but I hope we are all going to do something. If not all be at the
Fitness Center and Barnes and Noble with hubby.

OK...hope everyone takes time to enjoy some Weekend Fun!!!

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2016 :  09:49:09 AM  Show Profile
Hello to everyone!
Linda, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your SIL! That WAS fast! I agree with Peggy, she must have suffered silently with it for a long time. Prayers going up! Having lost two family members to cancer myself recently, I feel your loss and pain! I'm still numb!
We were missed by that snowstorm that came thru last night. My nieces who life about an hour south of me got snow and north us us got snow... but we didn't. The magic of "Weatherman God!" *giggle* We have had single digit wind chills though. I went out to the store yesterday and got windburn on my face even though I dressed warm otherwise. Couldn't get warm after those bone chilling temps. Put 4 layers on in the house for the rest of the evening. I'm so grateful for electric mattress pads. Hahaha Slept well and am ok today. Suns out too. Yeaaa! Since my birthday is Feb 2nd, hubby bought me, and I'm using, a new keyboard for my Surface tablet. My other one wasn't letting me type. Weird! They just don't make tech-toys to last do they?
Have a great Saturday Porch-Buds!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2016 :  10:00:15 AM  Show Profile
I forgot to put my Manger on here that Dave made me for Christmas. Talk about simple. Makes you realize... baby Jesus may have been born in one just as plain... right?
Oh, and that angel sitting on the ledge is around 60 years old. Mama and Daddy bought her when they were first married. She's only plastic but means a lot to me!*smile*

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"

Edited by - herblady55 on Jan 23 2016 10:05:10 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page