Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2015 :  4:26:06 PM  Show Profile
Sorry Wanda, We didn't burn them due to environmental pollution, but they were place about 10 feet away from the house and was there for a few hours before we bagged them up for disposal. It's just been stressful trying to get this done between working, trying to help hubby with blueberry crop, gardens that are going to the weeds and what is there needing to be harvested, but can't because the house is torn apart. Ready to beat head against a wall again.

Lorie

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

RabbitGirl
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Laura
St Augustine FL
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2015 :  8:54:12 PM  Show Profile
Hello farmgirl friends - it has been ages since i stopped by on the porch to chat but it has been a crazy week! I just got home and i had a great surprise waiting for me - MaryJane's idea book which I ordered from Amazon ages ago it seems. What a beautiful book! The pictures alone are worth it. I can't wait to start reading it. Anyway, the book reminded me of all of you so I had to stop by. Hope you are all having a great week!

So I got the bright idea of returning to college part time along with my full time job and my 38 mile commute! I think I like to torture myself but I get bored easily so I have to stir things up once in a while. I am taking a computer class and an astronomy class. So far, I really love the astronomy class. What a fascinating subject! Yesterday I learned all about Sir Isaac Newton, Galileo, and Copernicus. boy, those were some really smart guys! Especially Newton although he was kind of a diva and no one liked him much. I guess that's what happens when you invent calculus before the age of 23! I am totally lost in the computer class however. Boy, things surely are different in college since the last time I went in the 1980s. LOL! oh well, we will see how it goes.

Anyway, I guess I better get to bed since it is almost midnight. I hope you all have a fabulous Thursday! Talk to you soon!

Laura
St Augustine, FL
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2015 :  04:01:09 AM  Show Profile
Hey everyone! I had my first day of classical conversations yesterday and it went great so I feel like I'm over he hump finally and maybe life will return to a bit of normalcy. If the baby ever grows out of this clingy phase I will be able to resume a bit of crafts. We will see. Hope you are all doing well.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Norwex www.sabrinascheerer.norwex.biz
Usborne Books and More! https://j4070.myubam.com

~~~Blog coming soon!!!~~~
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2015 :  08:50:36 AM  Show Profile
Hi Sabrina...I'm not sure what Classical Conversations are but I'm glad that they went well for you. That would be
nice if you could get back into your crafts a bit.

Laura...glad you could hop back on The Porch. You are ambitious taking on College and working full time but you
sound like a gal who likes to stay busy...so, YOU GO GIRL!!! My husband took a computer class about 10 years ago
and he wanted to build web-pages and be able to help others do the same. Well, let's just say that he spent a
lot of money for something he could only retain while taking the class. Age really does seem to matter when it
comes to Tech. stuff. LOL He has forgotten it all...according to him. Astronomy would be a fun class to take...for
it really would be like Day Dreaming for Credits. LOL Just joking...there is so much to learn in that field
but it would really be interesting. Have fun!!!

Yesterday, was just a busy day of running errands and paying bills girls. Nothing too exciting.
I did start taking down all my Patriotic Decor that I left up all Summer. I don't want to put out
my Fall & Thanksgiving Decor until Oct. So, I just decorated our Foyer with Suitcases, Magazines,
Cats and Fall Flowers. It will have to do until I feel like dragging all my Autumn stuff out.

I have my first Bible Study class tonight. I am so excited to be teaching a Beth Moore Study again.
I don't teach Beth Moore like most Church Groups do. We take it just two days per week and then get
some very stimulating conversations going. I do show the Video's because they are always packed full
of good information. My Bible Study Group has gotten bigger this year too. God brought two more
women into the Group. I always love when he starts calling women to want to join in the fellowship
and fun.

OK...off to get something done. I woke up this morning to liquid dog poop all over the carpeting..so
had to clean all that up even before my morning coffee. Ugh! Hubby is on my poop list now...because he
has been feeding the dog...meat. Obviously too much!! His smaller body can't handle all that protein.
Next time I wake hubby up to deal with the mess. LOL

Hugs and More Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2015 :  08:56:09 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
ooooh, PeggyAnn - I hate that. Or waking up in the middle of the night hearing the cat retching up a long furball.

Laura - I don't think I could go back to college now. LOL! Good luck to you.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2015 :  8:04:18 PM  Show Profile
Hi gals. Patsy has been here since Sunday.We've been enjoying each others company! Today we went to Bob Evans to meet with her old neighbor who lost her husband 2 months before Patsy did, and her sister. We are all in our 60's and sat there for 4 hours eating, laughing, crying and just having girl-time. Then Patsy and I walked thru Goodwill and got some Christmas novels to read.It's almost that time isn't it? They had so many Christmas decorations for sale.
Patsy will be here until the 17th when her SIL picks her up and they go to PA. for the Mother Earth News Festival for 3 days. Then she's suppose to go home. I told her she should come back so she can go to some County Fairs with us later on. I guess she figures it's time to go home.
We've been having some rains finally. We've needed it. We haven't mowed grass for a month because it's been so dry it hasn't grown. Temps have been all over the place. One day it's 91 the next it's 81 and the next it's 71. Then it goes round again.... and the humidity...ack...don't wanna talk about that...*giggle*
G'nite Porchies! Sleep well!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2015 :  11:41:55 PM  Show Profile
Judy...so glad to hear that your sissy has been back for another round of Sister Love.
I can well imagine that she is feeling like she better get home before the weather
starts getting Fall Frosty and all that. It will be hard when she walks into that empty
house but it is a bridge she will have to cross again. Life is Hard! But God will smooth
the path. Glad you also got some girlfriend time in with lunch, laughter, tears and sharing.
Nothing like a few hours like that to soothe and salve the soul.

Linda...I only have had two cats in my life time...before I developed allergies to them...
so I have to say I have never dealt with cats hacking up hair balls. Neither one of my
cats did that. But they did bring me mice and dead birds. Nothing like stepping on those
kind of gifts in the middle of the night barefooted. LOL Yikes!

Well, just got back from my son's home. They had me over for dinner and then I played with my
Grandson for a couple of hours while mommy and daddy had a little date night. My grandson is so
stinken precious. He just makes me laugh and gives me so much JOY!!!

My husband and I went to see the Christian Movie "War Room" this afternoon. It was really good and
I highly recommend it!!!

More Later Girlies,
PeggyAnn

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2015 :  07:07:25 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
PeggyAnn - Oh, Yes, the mice and birds at my front door are always a not-so-nice surprise.

Judy - It is always nice when siblings, especially sisters, get together. Glad you had a great time.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2015 :  1:24:04 PM  Show Profile
Daughter & I went to a really great auction. Mostly year end stuff from major stores & returns. Some things are used and some are broken, but mostly it's just like floor samples, that kind of stuff. We got a couple of huge patio umbrellas-with $75 price tags on them-for $15 each. One only had one center pole and the other one had a broken spoke. Both easily fixed and installed in the barn yard. It gives the ducks & chickens more shade and makes them very happy. Happy flock, great eggs!
Well today, we scored a really great screened-in canopy. We haven't tried to put it up yet, but we only paid $35 and it appears to all be there. Also got some really pretty solar lights for my garden.

This afternoon, it looks like we may get a little rain here in middle Tennessee. I hear thunder off in the distance and my knee is throbbing. Always a 'good' sign.

I finished my oldest daughter's Christmas quilt this week. Which makes me happy to get that out of the way. I've been working on it since last Christmas. Now I only have to make a couple of pillows to match.

Well, everybody take a breath..hold it..then blow it out slowly. In through your nose, out through your mouth. There. Now don't we all feel better!?!?

Later ladies.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2015 :  1:40:19 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! Been awhile since I have been on here. Emi and I are dealing with a bad case of thrush :( Causes a lot of pain and tears! We are slowly adjusting to having a newborn in the house again... I am trying to get use to really scheduling my time better! Not sure how we are going to get all of our schooling done, but we will get there.

Laura - LOVE the idea book! Actually, if I am honest, I love all the books so far that I have purchased, lol. I think it is great you have gone back to college. Once the kids are a little older, I would love to get a certificate in herbalism. We will see if that ever happens, I guess.

Sabrina - So glad the CC classes went so well! I keep trying to tell myself that normalcy will happen... or at least a new normalcy, whatever that means and looks like.

Judy - So glad to hear you and Patsy are having more sister time together! Wat a blessing! I had the chance to talk with my younger sister the other day - oh what a lovely conversation we had! No matter what tiffs we have with our sisters, they are still incredibly special people in our lives!

PeggyAnn - glad to hear you had special time with your grandson!!! My in-laws will be here in about a week, and we are looking forward to them having time with the children and meeting their youngest grand daughter. I haven't heard of "war Room" - I'll have to look that one up...

Kathy - Sounds like you guys enjoyed your trip to the auction :) How happy you must be to have a Christmas quilt finished. I need to work on Christmas gifts, but boy oh boy is time squeezed tight right now!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2015 :  2:50:59 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I have all 5 of Mary Jane's books. I like them all - especially the Idea Book.

Glad you and Emi are settling in. I've never heard of Thrush. I'll have to look it up.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2015 :  3:11:48 PM  Show Profile
Kathy...you really scored on the Auction Stuff! I love a good bargain. I never pay full price for anything or
else I just don't buy it. That is except Christmas gifts. ~ You should post a picture on here of your daughters
Christmas Quilt so we can all Ooh and awe over it. I love quilts! Have done a few hand quilts myself for special
gifts like baby showers etc. My favorite one my ex MIL made for me...and then I have bought several at Antique
Malls over the last few years. I got fabulous prices on them. One lap quilt for 10.00 and one twin guilt for
$20.00 that I use to curl up with on cold winter evenings. ~ I'm sad to think about taking all my Summer Porch
things and putting them away. It has been such a nice, hot, delicious Summer and I'm not wanting it to go away. We
often have warm Indian Summers here...so, it won't be until the end of September before I make any changes.

Shannon...Thrush is not a fun thing to deal with but PTL it doesn't last too long. I have had it several times
and one of my babies had it too. I hope it won't take you long to settle down into a good routine for your family.
Crafting might take you a bit longer to get back too. Reading was always a hard one for me to do with babies too.
I would read in the bathroom for 5 minutes and for a half hour at bed time. I am an avid reader so I found ways
to get it done. lol ~ Do check out "War Room" it is really a great Christian Movie...probably the best I have ever
seen.

Well, we got unexpected rain today...so I slept a lot. Wanted to go do something fun...but I will wait for another
day. I may do some coloring later right here at home. I got the Colorama Book they advertise on TV but I got it at
Barnes and Noble for cheaper than what you get it for on TV. It comes with double ended colored pencils too. I sent
my Grand-daughter a set for her Birthday too.

More later girls,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 05 2015 3:14:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2015 :  12:10:49 PM  Show Profile
Sabrina - I received my tea package today - thank you so much! Smell yummy!

It's been our really busy time of year, so not much time to write, but I do "lurk and read" as often as I can! Finishing putting up the last of the tomatoes, peppers and herbs, then should be done for the season. Then maybe things will slow down a little. Will be working at our local farm show for a couple of days at the end of the month.

Just came home from 6 days of camping and fishing. I really needed the R&R !!!

Hugs everyone!
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2015 :  12:33:29 PM  Show Profile
Hi, ladies! I'm just on for a moment...again...! wanted to let you know that I mailed all the Sept. tea pkgs. out today. Yay! I'm cutting back a bit on internet time since we are downsizing and renovating to ready house for sale. It will take awhile as we are talking flooring, all windows, fireplace and more. We finally made out a will. First for us. But we are traveling together more...
My mind is usually spinning..so I am reading the Connection more that posting now. Hope that changes soon.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2015 :  5:42:46 PM  Show Profile
Wow...it sounds like we are going to get back to back teas...which is just great girls.
Keep those yummy teas coming!!!

Luanne...glad that you have got to get out and go camping and fishing after all your hard work
bringing in the harvest and canning it all up for winter.

Judith...you sound really busy too. Are you guys going to move into an Apartment or Condo after you
sell the house? Down sizing is always hard and fun both. I am so glad to have done that 10 years ago.
And then every 3 or 4 years doing it again. Keep us posted on how all the fixing up the house comes
along. Also, I am so very glad that you and hubby are able to travel together. Nothing more special
than that.

I still am fighting a Migraine and upset stomach...from my Fibro. Finally got out of the house for awhile
today. Just to BnN to work on my Bible Study Class but it was a nice after being stuck in the house in my
jammies for the whole Labor Day Weekend...because of rain. Then I came home and took a nap on my Porch...in
my Lounge chair. There was a lovely breeze and the Porch was in the shade even though it was 80 degrees.
We are going back up into the 90's Thurs - Sunday. I love nice long Summers like this. I hope it just keeps
going through October. That would be lovely.

Well, girls I guess I better think about dinner. It will be quick and easy as I still don't feel great.
Have a great evening and enjoy your families.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2015 :  6:27:08 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies,
I first wanted to say I got two tea packages, so thank so much Sabrina and Judith. It was welcome sight in the mail after my week.
Peggy I am anxious to see War Room. it will be here in few weeks. I have been reading the battle plan for prayer by Priscill Schrier that is about prayer and is resource for the movie. So far it is pretty good book.

It was a tough week at school. They decided to put in a new projector in my room while I was teaching. Can I just say 17 pairs of eyes watching him did not make for much learning and then they may have to send back as it does't focus. Yikes ! But the hardest part of the week was when one of my little butterflies broke her arm when she fell from the monkey bars. Oh my! She was in our after school program when it happened and they came to get me and let me tell you I ran so fast. She was so brave. She held my hand and said say a prayer Mrs. Schroeder. Say A prayer and so we did. She came to school today for part of the day. She got her cast signed and told everyone that Mrs. Schroeder broke the rules when she ran in the hall. I had to smile. Little brave butterfly!
So tonight I am chilling out and looking forward to a weekend home and hoping next week we have less excitement.

Well on that note, off to tea I go.
love and hugs,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2015 :  6:45:29 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Judith -

Thank you for the tea package you sent to celebrate my August FGOTM. Thank you so much, Judith. Can't wait to try the teas.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2015 :  10:15:21 PM  Show Profile
Judith, thank you for my tea package. I got it yesterday but didn't have time to tell you since we went pontooning. It was perfect weather. High 70's, partly sunny and breezy. Hubby, Sissy and I had a wonderful afternoon. We ate at a restaurant on their deck overlooking the lake. We knew we had to do it yesterday since we are expecting rain and temps in the 60's for the next few days. brrrr...after those 90's a couple of days ago... I'm gonna need my flannel bloomers or I'll freeze! *giggle*

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2015 :  12:14:35 AM  Show Profile
Sabrina...I got my tea pkg today!!! Man O' Man that one tea smells divine!!! Can't wait to try it...but we were
up close to 100 degrees today...so I will wait until next week when it is suppose to rain and be in the High 60's
to mid 70's. And the tucks were great!!! Nice Job!!! I have my one Special tuck hanging up already just because
it is so pretty I want to enjoy it NOW!

Judy...sounds like we are having the same kind of weather! A bit hormonal don't you think? LOL Well, good for you
for doing something fun and exciting. Pontooning sounds like a lot of fun!!! And eating out always sounds good!!!

Judith...I'm sure I will get your tea tomorrow or next week.

Teacher Tammy...Oh, me oh my oh...what a week you had. I hate to see little kids get broken bones. That is so great
that you can pray for your students. And it was amusing that she told on you for running in the halls. Shame Shame!!
Kids are precious. ~ You will love "War Room"! Some of my friends have seen it twice and enjoyed it the second time
just as much as the first. I heard that there was some sort of study based on the movie. Are you doing that on your own or in your Bible Study Group? They have the Novel at Barnes and Noble. Can probably get it for E-Readers also. But
see the Movie first.

Relaxing day today...which I needed!! I fixed a good dinner tonight and my husband keeps going in sneaking more. I
told him to leave enough for tomorrow night. I made Zitti and then fixed Cottage Cheese with fresh pears on it
sprinkled with Vietnamese Cinnamon on top. It was so hot here today...I wanted to keep the dinner easy and lite
and it turned out to be just perfect. ~ It was too hot to walk the dog very far tonight or me. Lol But another dog
off leash (on our Apart. complex property) came and bit my dog again tonight. I am happy to say it was just a small little wiener dog but he was out for blood let me tell you. Snickers fur is fully grown out...so the bite didn't go skin deep. But it makes me so mad when people don't obey the leash code and my dog is on a leash but gets attacked. Snickers came in and hid for about 2 hours. He gets really nervous ever since that Japanese Akita bit him and threw him around like a rage doll. So, Monday I will go back in and file another complaint at the office. I think I am going to just have to start carrying a big stick with me.

OK...girls hope you all had a good day. I'm glad nothing new happened of a serious nature on 9-11 today.

Stay cool...if you can!!!

Hugs,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 12 2015 12:15:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2015 :  1:12:19 PM  Show Profile
Sabrina,got my teas today. Wow,it IS exciting to get back to back teas and tucks! *giggle*
Peg, Dave always tells people to carry pepper spray. Some people don't like to for
fear of hurting an animal, but if it's me and my dog versus another dog, it's gonna
be the other dog getting punished, I can promise you that! Don't know your laws there either.
You could also try a STRONG solution of water-peppermint essential oil mix in a spray bottle.
Just be sure the bottle has a 'stream' option on it. Misting won't do at all. Good luck!
We have 60/rain today. A much appreciated reprieve from 90's and humid, I can tell you that!!
Enjoy your weekend Gals, what ever you do! Patsy and I made a batch of 'tomato-zucchini salsa'
and that was our work for today. Now we are just chilling and playing on putters and reading.
'Oh How I Love My Sissy And Our Sissy-Time!!!' Just being in the same room with her and not
saying much is bonding time for us! We Love Us!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2015 :  1:37:47 PM  Show Profile
Sabrina, your tea arrived yesterday! Such a treat! Loved the little crocheted pretty! I know just where it will go. Loved the tucks very much. Winterkirsche looks and smells just as interesting as it sounds. Thank you so much!

I slept in this morning. DH was chilled in the night and turned on the heat. I must have been hibernating until 9:30 am. We went to the 22nd annual Civil War Re-enactment in a close-by town. Listened to Mary Todd Lincoln's account of her childhood through the President's assassination. This year we did not stay for theBattle of Columbia, South Carolina, followed by surgical demonstrations. One good thing: I believe I've found a way to barter or sell my Civil War dresses and accessories. Yay!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2015 :  3:26:42 PM  Show Profile
Judith - I received my tea package also and the awesome tucks - thank you so much!

Ladies - I could really use your prayers and good thoughts right now. After 26 years, my job at my company was eliminated yesterday along with 8 others. It's a scary time for me right now being unemployed and almost 61 years old. I need to find a job quickly and the job market in my area is pretty grim.

Hugs to you all,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2015 :  6:10:46 PM  Show Profile
Ah, Luanne, you have my empathy, prayers and hugs! I lost a long time job at about the same age. Have faith. I ended up working the the school system, County Extension Office and Ameri-Corp. All were wonderful experiences. Its scary; and, hope-filled at the same time.

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

prichmond9
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Peggy
Pelham Tennessee
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2015 :  10:20:39 PM  Show Profile
Just stopping by before heading off to bed. Today was such a nice day on the porch, the sun was warm, the breeze was cool. We picked some Okra to pickle, just a few pints. Started a little dress for my great grand daughter, Katie Ann, to wear when we go to Orlando next month. Busy days ahead, two weeks from today is our Family Fall Fest we hold at our house every year, this year we are having corn hole tournaments with dinner on the ground just like we used to at church homecomings. Looking forward to some visiting, taking lots of pictures and just having a relaxing day with family. In October, we are taking our grand children, 2 boys 8 and 7 and one girl 5 to Lego Land in Florida. We will be gone for one week, ya'll pray for me. LOL, I am hosting the country living fair camp out at Stone Mountain, GA with Sisters On The Fly and will be there for 6 days. We will be showing some of our vintage trailers, hosting some mini-talks about cast Iron cooking, towing and safety for trailers and a Q and A on the main stage, Saturday. We will have a book club discussion with potluck supper Thursday night, Friday night is the Cowgirl prom and Saturday is just an evening to spend around the campfire chatting with the girlfriends. November will find Jeff and I in Virginia for the Oyster Festival held in Urbanna, VA, November 7-9 with our long time friends, Ginger and Miller Smithers. So looking forward to a fun filled fall. Hope all of you have something to look forward to and can enjoy life wherever you are planted.

Farm girl #5880
Consider the possibilities
Wherever I am, that's where I will be.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2015 :  07:36:44 AM  Show Profile
Judith...I did indeed get my Tea Package yesterday. Oh, what fun! Back to back Tea Pkgs!!!
The tucks were extra special and the teas look wonderful too. This coming week is going to be
rainy and colder...so, I should get to enjoy a lot of yummy hot tea. I am not one that can
drink tea in hot weather...unless it is sun-tea and even my coffee I want iced when it it hot.
Thank you also for the personal note. I think of you frequently and have been blessed by your
friendship!

Peggy...Wow girlfriend, you have a crazy busy Fall planned! I guess if I really thought about it
I do too but in shorter durations than yours. All your plans sound like fun however. Your grandkids
will probably love Lego-Land. What a fun trip that will be. Are you flying or traveling by car?
Well, hop on once in awhile and keep us posted on your adventures.

Luanne...my arms and prayers are wrapped around you dear girl! I always trust God to know that when he
shakes up my life (like for you right now) that it is usually for my benefit and His glory. We often
get too comfortable in the status-qua and to get us "Un-stuck" He just pulls the rug out from under us
and gives it a good shaking out. For me...I always find it exciting to see what He is up to and where
He is leading me. I pray his grace and peace over you and a sense of enthusiasm and anticipation to replace
those feelings of fear and desperation. He's got this! Just stand firm and watch what He is about to do
on your behalf.

Judy...Pepper Spray and I don't have a good history together. *giggle* I once used it on a dog...on a very
windy day (we have lots of those windy days here) and the pepper spray came back on me. The dog was
totally un-affected by my efforts. lol So, my hubby suggested a golf club (what a man suggestion!) and
I'm thinking a big stick!! Cave-woman style!!! *giggle* My luck...I will get sued by somebody for hurting
their dog but I'm with you girlfriend...better their dog than mine. Right?

Hey, give your Sissy a big Hug from me! Then have her give you a big hug from me!! I'm so happy that you two
are getting much needed Sissy Time! Nothing better than that! Your Salsa sounds good too! YUM...

Well, I am going with my kiddos today, to take the little man to the Pumpkin Patch! We like to go earlier in
the season when there is less people...since he is so little yet. Should be a fun day!

Make Some Fun in your Weekend Girls,
PeggyAnn

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page