Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - May 24 2015 :  11:55:28 AM  Show Profile
Hey gals!

I've read through this page of posts and am praying for each of you.

I hope all y'all have an awesome Memorial Day.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - May 25 2015 :  4:42:54 PM  Show Profile
Shannon - So sorry about the neighbor issue. I've had some neighbors from hell like that before. I would think the police would have been more on your side. So basically to protect your children they have to be poisoned first. Something is wrong with that! As for our snow, they'd predicted up to a foot for us so we were really glad we only got a couple inches and it melted away quickly. Nothing like shoveling snow off your porch in May to have a BBQ LOL. Matt had one collapsed & herniated disk along with 2 partially collapsed ones so his surgery was the same as your husband will be having depending on where the disks are. Matt's were in his neck. He felt relief the day after surgery in the tingling in his hand and fingers so it was definitely worth the surgery. He's gotten some strength back and starts PT next week for that. He was cleared for work and worked Thursday night.

Peggy - Sounds like your trip was good and bad. Wish it had been more positive all around for you. Keeping you and your family in prayer.

I've been busy cleaning and doing laundry today. I even made a double recipe of laundry detergent. I was so tired yesterday I just rested. These 60 hour weeks are killing me. I finally went in Thursday and changed my availability and the number of hours I'll work. My BP is still way up so they want me to take yoga and that's only offered Monday & Wednesday so I told Walmart I'd only work Tuesdays and Thursday and every other Saturday - no more than 16 hours max per week. My manager gave me flack for wearing sunglasses a couple weeks ago so I also took in a medical note stating I'm under doctor's care and having sun sensitivity issues and need to be accommodated. Manager gave me flack about how he wasn't sure they could accommodate my schedule changes and medical issues. I calmly informed him I understood and if that was the case I had job offers elsewhere that I could take. Boy did he backtrack after that LOL

Tip my male border collie had a massive seizure a week ago. Scared me to death. I honestly didn't know if he would survive it. All I could do was sit next to him and stroke him so he'd know I was there. I was up until after 5 am dealing with the after effects and calming him down. I pray he doesn't have any more. He started having mild seizures when he was 4 or 5 but nothing like this and once we retired him from competing and changed his food they seemed to disappear.

My neighbor and her husband just found out he has stage 4 lung cancer in both lungs and it has spread to his lymph nodes. They're an older couple and just got married not even 2 years ago. She's devastated as you can imagine. When I heard all I could think of was Patsy and Jim x2. It's so sad. He initially wasn't going to do any treatment but has decided to do them now so he has more time with her. There's no hope of remission, just time. I doubt he'll make it 6 months. He's to start 5 weeks of chemo and they have to drive 100 miles each way to Fargo and back every day for it. I can't believe with a hospital in town they can't do the treatments here. I'm thinking about doing some meals and taking them over so she won't have to worry about food. Any ideas on food that might be tasty to a chemo patient? I wish I had the time to do a quilt as I understand the rooms they give treatments in and the medications can make the patients feel really cold.

Well, need to go get supper going. Hope all this negativity gets banished soon. We're farmgirl strong so we'll get through all this stuff!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Etsy: PrairieGypsyCrafts
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 26 2015 :  12:04:39 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

DH headed back to Spokane this morning and I headed to youngest sons for another day of helping them move.
They are so funny...they thought they could pack up their entire house and move it all in 3 days. I could
have told them it wasn't going to happen but I figured they would find that out for themselves. Plus they
had to move Sadie's mom from Beaverton Oregon (30 min. away) to Vancouver...as she is moving in with them
for a year or so until she finds a job here and then saves for an apartment. She has become a good friend
of mine...so it will be fun to have her over here.

I will say that they got most of the stuff moved except their garage (which is loaded with stuff) and the
mom's small apt. storage shed. I think my son is ready to pay some one to move the rest of it for him. And
he has a gal coming to clean the house really well...before they put it on the Market to sell.

I packed for half the day today and then brought my grandson over here for the evening to give them all a break.
He would unpack the boxes as fast as we packed them. He has definitely hit the terrible two's. So adorable one
minute and then "Monster Baby" the next minute. LOL

OK...I'm tired...praying for those who need it. Lots of Hugs and Comfort sent your way!!!

So, happy have a quiet house tonight!!!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - May 27 2015 :  03:09:03 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone! Up early as I couldn't sleep, and I have an ultrasound and OB appointment this morning anyways. Hopefully wee one is growing... She definitely moves around a lot :) We spent yesterday driving around looking at different houses for rent... The outsides, not the insides. This morning while I am in my ultrasound and appointment, hubby is going to call and see if we can set up some showings. The house we are really interested in is not available until early July. It makes me kinda nervous to wait that long, but we will be okay. I think I am going to try to blog about it here soon, without addi the details, but am not quite ready to do that yet. I do not have a huge following on my blog, so that is not an issue, but it would be nice to really get somethings out there.

PGTammy - you mentioned you thought the police would have been more on my side.... My BIL is an officer in a different state... Apparently due to laws, the cops' hands really are tied! It has caused a mistrust within me for our system and a feeling of unsafety! It doesn't help that we speculate some unfairness, as we know the neighbor was "extremely friendly" for awhile with the chief. IF it was genuinely just a friendship, he was there an awful LOT.... But we know that our God is sovereign.... He will work all of this out for His glory... And right now, we thinks He just wants us to sell. I miss my garden and hanging the clothes on the line though! Tomorrow hubby is getting more back injections, so he will have off the rest of tomorrow andFriday. I MAY try to brave my way out there while he is home. I made it out to sit on the front porch wile he was sitting in the grass of the front yard yesterday. So that was a start. So sorry to hear of the difficulties you are going through right now! Seeing your beloved pet having seizures is so difficult! And oh the aftermath! But oh how we love our sweet fur babies! And your poor neighbors! I will definitely be praying for you, your neighbors, and your sweet dog!

Peggy - I had to laugh at your "monster baby" comment. My youngest, Aly, has hit that ornery point... Whe she wants to push every limit and throw a fit if she doesn't get what she wants... She will be two next month. It is hard to not give her what she wants as she drags her fasted leg around! But she has really gotten good at it ;) I so hope the rest of the trial goes well! How is your dh holding up? What a hardship for all of you! It is times like these that our faith in a sovereign loving God is stretched and refined! Praying for your family!

Sabrina - haven't heard from you in awhile - guessing you are still readi, but haven't had time to breathe, let alone post ;) Just wanted to say hi and that we received the adorable diaper covers and hat! I meant to email you before now, but life is nuts! Anyways, thank you, and praying life is getting into a routine for you!

Well guys I need to get done to go to this appointment. Brought some blueberry muffins for all to enjoy :) and of course some tea... I need the caffeine this morning, so thought you guys might like some as well :)

Love to each of you and many many prayers - of thanksgiving for the blessing each of you are to my life, and for the numerous trials we are each going through!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 27 2015 :  06:46:25 AM  Show Profile
Shannon...praying that you find a good house with good neighbors and lots of space for kiddo's to run and play.
You talking about how the system works with the Police having their hands tied until something terrible happens is
just NOT exceptable! ~ With this Trial I have lost ALL Faith in our Judicial/Justice System. The Jury is out right
now. They went 5 hours yesterday...I don't know how long they will be out today but I am expecting we will know their
verdict sometime today. ~ My husband left the Court yesterday because he was so disgusted with the blatant lying of
the Prosecution and the Judge's obvious bias. He just got in the car and drove back home. He said that he felt like
he was going to have a heart attach IF he stayed any longer. My husband's gut feeling is that our son will be found
guilty and he will have to win on an appeal once he is sentenced. I am still waiting for a Miracle!! Though the other
day in my devotional I read this (and this is NOT Scripture...just the writers own words): "The answer you have been
seeking in prayer might not appear right away, but of this I can be sure: "you will see God's goodness in the end."
And The Scripture Text was Nehum !:7 "The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who Trust in
Him." ~ In fact this entire week...my Devotional has been word perfect for our circumstances...and it is as IF the
Authors were camped out in our Living Room observing our lives.
That just shows how personal our God is. ~ But my heart
is breaking for our son and I found out they want to indite my husband as a Co-Conspirator with our Son. I heard them
say it while I was in Court. They said, to the Judge, "Your Honor we want it noted for the record that Mr. Larry
Smith is in the Court room and he is a person who might be under indictment." Oh, my gosh...my husband didn't even work
for our sons company...and he is a 72 yr. old retired minister. Only time will tell if they were using this as a scare
tactic against Daniel or if they will go after my husband at a future time. I put nothing past them after what I have observed and
witnessed this past week. ~ I knew this whole trial was going to be a Game Changer for our Family but never did I see
this coming out of left field. Please Continue to Pray! We are clinging to God's Righteous Right Hand!

Love, Hugs, and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 27 2015 06:50:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1407 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1407 Posts

Posted - May 27 2015 :  07:11:15 AM  Show Profile
Shannon - thank you so much for you update. I'm keeping you in prayer....and please continue to keep us updated :) The blueberry muffins were delicious - and so was the tea - just perfect :) Thank you!!

Peggy - My heart is so breaking for you and your family right now too....how terrible to even suggest putting your husband under an indictment! How silly really - 72 years old, retired minister, never even worked for the company?!? I'm not seeing the connection there. I'm praying for a miracle to - God is faithful and will hold each and everyone of you through this.

Sabrina - curious to know how you are doing as well :)

I'm off to a busy day - I was busy making over 12 dozen cookies yesterday, as a friend of mine has cancer, and has 10 children. She's in the hospital, so I'm going to bring them some cookies this morning. I made three different kinds - PB, Oatmeal Raisin and Chocolate Chip. I got some in the freezer, some on the counter, and then the plate to share. It sure is nice making things in bulk!

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - May 27 2015 :  08:49:14 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
PG Tammy: Tell your neighbors they only have weeks and need to ENJOY each other NOW! It's time to get all affairs in order. That's to long of a daily trip and he will run down so fast that it won't be worth it. They need to spend their time wisely... time is NOT on their side.
sorry for being so grim, but I've been there and that's what I would say to them and Jim was stage 3, but I really think it was farther.

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - May 27 2015 :  09:07:08 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I've been reading all these posts and send prayers to everyone - Shannon, Patsy, PeggyAnn and all. I've been out of pocket a lot and sorry I haven't posted regularly.
Shannon - I hope you find another house very quickly and have great neighbors.
PeggyAnn - Hopefully everything will turn out well for your husband and son.
Hugs and prayers for all!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX
Farmgirl #1919

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 27 2015 :  3:10:53 PM  Show Profile

Well, My Lovely Prayer Warriors...I have bad news. Daniel was indicted on all counts but one and was immediately hand-cuffed and taken to jail. I do not know when the sentencing is scheduled for but I am not holding out hope that it will be good or fair or just. (Sentencing can take up to 6 months) I have lost all respect for our judicial system.
And The Prosecution has threatened to Indite Larry as a co-conspirator with his son. I would not put it past them at all...at this point and time. I know God is in Control and my faith has not wavered but I am heart-broken for our
son. And I am sick at heart over the blatant lies I heard in court in order to get a conviction. I Praise God for those who took Plea Deals and will not be falsely imprisoned for their part in all of this. I am Rejoicing over that!!!

Right now...I can't share anymore...need to go get ready to celebrate Elijah's second birthday tonight. God is good
for providing Celebration Time during this Sad time. I praise him for that!

Love, hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1407 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1407 Posts

Posted - May 27 2015 :  4:07:59 PM  Show Profile
Peggy - I'm so sorry :( Prayer and hugs.

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - May 27 2015 :  4:24:49 PM  Show Profile
:'( God is sovereign.... He will work this all for his glory! Stay strong in Him! I will definitely be praying for all your family!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - May 27 2015 :  4:58:36 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
So sorry to hear, Peggy. Stay strong.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX
Farmgirl #1919

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

TexasWildflower
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Wanda
Hallettsville Texas
USA
206 Posts

Posted - May 27 2015 :  5:16:36 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Peggy, I am so sorry. But I agree 100% with Shannon. To God be the glory, and may He strengthen you all and fill you with the peace that only He can provide.

Wanda
Farmgirl sister #3399
www.wandasturrock.com
(Includes 'The Simply Lived Life' blog)
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 27 2015 :  5:34:09 PM  Show Profile
Peggy I am so sorry to hear of all that is happening to you right now. I will keep praying.
Shannon Praying for you as well.

Been planting flowers and pulling weeds. And enjoying the sunshine.
Just been doing some much needed things that I had put off until school and graduation were past. It is nice to do things at my pace.
Well I am off to have a cup of tea and enjoy the quiet evening.
love to you all,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - May 28 2015 :  08:42:37 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Peggy: So sorry to hear about your son.. just remember: But God.... He's not done yet!
prayers and tons of hugs!

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - May 28 2015 :  10:12:50 AM  Show Profile
I AM TIRED OF IT!!!!!! I CANNOT HANDLE ANY MORE!!!!!! Okay - I feel a little better now... Failed my one hour glucose test, so now I have to do a 3 hour test. Just had to drive hubby home from his back injections and had a seriously bad panic attack. Was approved for the rental house we put an application in for, but the owner said no more than 8 people... we are due with baby number 7 in just a couple months! I am exhausted emotionally, mentally and physically... time to pray some more!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1407 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1407 Posts

Posted - May 28 2015 :  12:59:31 PM  Show Profile
On my knees beside you Shannon....I can do ALL things through Christ who STRENGTHENS me!

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 28 2015 :  1:18:30 PM  Show Profile
Prayers going out for ALLLLLLL my troubled & tired Farmgirl Sisters!!!
Big((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - May 29 2015 :  04:26:43 AM  Show Profile
Peggy-so sorry about your son, praying for something good there-not sure what but praying.

Shannon-oh my gosh you have been through so much!! Praying for you, sorry not much else to offer!

Sorry I have been MIA, yes life has just been INSANE and I feel like I'm barely keeping my head above water. Hubby has been gone 2 weeks and has a little less than 2 weeks left (which is nothing for us compared to other times but first time with FOUR kids!!). Some days I feel like I'm doing great and keeping it together well and others I feel like I am drowning, I'm just reminding myself it is a phase and won't last forever.

Here is a little about what I'm up to:

Still waiting to get approved to start a classical conversations (homeschool coop type program) community here next year.

Working with a friend to try to start some children's programming at our chapel but we are getting a new head chaplain next month so we are just waiting till he gets here to speak with him about it.

I have volunteered to be the assistant AWANA commander next year (hopefully by September I have a little more freedom lol)

I have also volunteered to run a Bible study for our homeschoolers in conjunction with a ladies Bible study that happens one morning a week-starting in the fall. So yeah it will be a busy fall.

I have been a consultant for a direct sales company for a while and this week decided to also join Usborne because I love their books and want a discount for our homeschool books!! I haven't really done much with my other business because you have to get approved to run a home based business over here. Well I decided with this that I would go ahead and start that process so I could actually work them and do parties. Now I'm finding out I have to register with the german government and probably pay german taxes....it is all really confusing though because some people get an exemption (since they will only be selling to other americans) but my town is saying no I can't get the exemption. So next week I need to do some research about the German taxes but I think at a minimum I would need to hire a german tax professional which is an additional expense when I already probably wouldn't make much. And this is just one part of the process, I also have to get approval by the base commander which is totally up to him. I am REALLY irritated that the army doesn't make it easier for spouses to earn an income, ESPECIALLY overseas where there are such limited jobs we can have. It really feels like they purposely make it difficult for spouses to work over here. Luckily I don't NEED the money but it sure would help us reach some goals faster.

SO that is a little of what I'm working on, in what little free time I find :) The baby still wants to go to bed WITH me at 7pm and quite frankly I'm kind of beat by then so I haven't had a lot of time to myself or time to get stuff done. I have some goals of writing and getting my blog off the ground, hopefully that will happen sometime this summer. Hubby will only be home for a month then off again for a while so we will see.

I have been running around all week and my throat is hurting, I think from allergy induced post nasal drip. So I've declared we are NOT going ANYWHERE this weekend!! Hopefully I can stick with that. I will try to check in more often but can't make any promises this summer!!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - May 29 2015 :  05:16:29 AM  Show Profile
Sooooooo here is the update..... We still have not heard whether we are still approved for the rental, with having another baby the end of August/beginning of September. The poor realtor (which is the property manager for the rental!) apparently missed I was pregnant!?!?!? I've heard that guys are really careful about asking women if they are pregnant, but really - there is no denying I am pregnant!!! Anyways, hopefully we will hear from hi today, since we have to have everything signed and back to him on Monday. We are looking at another house tonight, in case though. It costs more, but is bigger. We talked with the bank yesterday.. we had an application in for a loan, but because of why we wanted it (to fix up this house to sell it), they said we should do a home equity line of credit... so we are going to do that, but it takes two weeks to get it started! Grrrr. I have to do the three hour glucose test next week... I've never had gestational diabetes before, and I know stress can affect your blood sugar, so I am guessing that is the issue, though I could certainly deal with losing some weight, but just cannot seem to do it. Hubby's injections went pretty well yesterday, but he is terribly stiff and sore today. Oldest daughter gets to go horseback riding today - first time since she had broken her foot. While she is doing that, we have to take our youngest daughter to the orthopedic to get a regular cast put on. In all honesty, nothing MAJOR is happening - nothing new anyways - but I just feel like things are spiraling out of control. I know God is in control! I need to lean more on Him and quit trying to have control.

Peggy - how was Elijah's birthday celebration? I am sure it was a good time and a way to refocus on something else, though I know your heart must still be breaking! These trials we are going through right now are sigs of the time.... and scarily, Scripture says things are going to get worse! There are times I cannot see how they could get any worse, but Scripture never lies! Thankfully, His Word also says that His children are eternally safe... so no matter what we face or go through here, we are but visitors... and will one day be in our Eternal Home with our Savior! Cling to His Truths, my friend!

TLTammy - I cannot fathom the freedom you must have now that school is done for the year, and the graduation celebrations are over! That is one thing I miss with home schooling year round. We are on "school vacation" right now, but it is largely due to the amount of stress we are under and my inability to concentrate fully and give them the attention they need for them to learn. What kind of flowers did you plant? I think when we move I am going to have a few plants in pots... some basil, sweet pepper, hot pepper, and a couple tomato plants. Since it looks like we will be in charge of any flower areas in front yards, and mulching, wherever we move, I think I will try planting different flowers... I have never been one to plant a lot of flowers, so am looking forward to trying it :) I might see if I can find some ornamental food plants as well, lol.

Sabrina - my goodness you are so busy! When Brad was gone for a week the last time, I seriously thought I was going to lose my mind! And it was only a week! He had been deployed for such long periods before, so it was frustrating that I had such a hard time with just a week! I'm sorry the government (both American and German!) are making it so difficult for you to bring in extra funds! Sometimes I wonder if I should try to do something as well, but just can't handle it!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 29 2015 :  08:18:21 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies....

I'm with you Shannon and Sabrina...I could really use some down time with no STRESS for awhile. My youngest son
and his family, his MIL and me are all going to The Beach Next Weekend for 4 days and 3 nights. My hubby was invited
but he doesn't want to go...so, he will stay home with the dog. My husband is very introverted so he processes
stress differently than the rest of us do. He likes to be alone...the rest of us want togetherness and laughter and
fun. Boy, am I looking forward to this trip. I don't even care if it rains at the Coast all weekend...we will still
have fun!

Shannon...I think your "Prego Hormones" have kicked in and life feels way over the top for you right now. And indeed
it is!!! Moving while pregnant is not fun either...but hopefully it will get rid of other stressers for you once it
is all over and done with. So hang in there girl...it can only get better...for when you are at the bottom of a PIT
the only way out is "UP". ~ I also agree with you about the entire end-times thing...and we know that is going to be
difficult even for Christians even though God says He will not make us endure it for a long period of time.

Sabrina...well, you are busy girl!!! No wonder we don't hear from you very often. Whew!!! I'm glad I don't have that
busy of a schedule. When you get older...more than one major commitment on any given day can throw you off kilter. LOL
When I was your age I did too but not anymore. I never would have Home Schooled my boys though. I just really did
not have the patience for that. So, I applaud you girls that do it "All"...though I do think it adds a lot of stress
to your lives. How is your little guy doing? Is he a easy baby or a demanding one?

I want to THANK ALL OF YOU GALS for being such a huge blessing and support for me at this time. Your prayers are a
warm mantle around my shoulders (such comfort)! Also, we just found out last night that they will be sending Daniel
to another State Jail in a few days instead of letting him stay locally where his family could go visit him and they
will bring him back to Spokane in Sept. to Sentence him. Larry and I are still walking around like Zombies in disbelief
of all of this. I talked to my youngest step-daughter and she says she has waves of sadness that come and go and also
that she feels sick to her stomach most of the time. All three of my stepkids were adopted But Jenn and Daniel came
from the same biological family...so they are very close.

Joyce,Judy, Patsy, both Tammy's, Wanda and Linda...thank you so much for being such encouragers, prayer warriors, and
Porch Buds. Love You All for your constant Support!!!

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - May 29 2015 :  09:16:02 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I don't understand why they would send your son out of state?? That is crazy! So sorry you have to go through all this. You know we are here for support. HUGS!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX
Farmgirl #1919

Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1407 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1407 Posts

Posted - May 29 2015 :  10:05:16 AM  Show Profile
Sabrina - thank you so much for the update! Sounds like you are one busy lady - I get exhausted just reading your post...haha! I hope everything works out well with your Usborne....if it does, I'll be your first customer :) I love Usborne! Also praying for strength for you while husband is gone.

Aww Shannon - I'm praying for you - big hugs sent your way. I hope everything falls into place, and you're able to find some rest and peace soon.

Peggy - I'm THRILLED to hear that you get to go away to the beach!! Which beach? For me - that's the ultimate stress relief - just going down to the ocean and sitting on a log and hearing the waves :) It's hard to believe they are sending him out of state...very sad. It feels a bit like dejavu - I used to live in Lynden, WA and a friend there went through a very similar situation - her father was put in jail for something he didn't do - but convicted him of anyway. It was terrible - very very sad and hard for them all. He was in there for quite a while I believe - they wouldn't even let him attend his eldest daughter's wedding :(

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - May 30 2015 :  10:08:32 AM  Show Profile
Omgosh, ladies! I can't believe I have been on the road for a few days and come back to all you have been going through! Wow! Even more prayers are going out for each of you and your families! Hugs to all of you!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 30 2015 :  12:19:07 PM  Show Profile
OK My Porchies...I re-read how I stated Daniel was being relocate to a different jail. It is going to be in the
State of WA still...just clear across the state. All of his family and extended family are in Spokane except for
Larry and me. So, I just think they are being mean on purpose.

Joyce...we are going to The Oregon Coast. My favorite place to go is the Ocean!!! I feel God's presence there in
a Mighty way, any time I get to go. It is my favorite place to decompress and relax and let my soul be soothed.
Even though I live in WA I have never been a big fan of the WA Beaches. Maybe because they let people drive on them
and one time I was there about 25 years ago with the kids...I was stretched out on a towel watching my
kids and hubby play in the surf and I heard a SUV or Truck noise...and I looked over and it was headed right for me.
I just had enough time to roll away from it. I do believe that was my last time of going to the WA Beaches. Except in Seattle...I do go to the Beaches there. I love Alki Beach.
Oregon's Beaches are so beautiful and yes, you really have to be careful for sneaker-waves there. Yesterday a child
was carried away but thank God two men rescued him. The child had his back to the surf and you never ever do that!
And sitting on logs there is very dangerous too. Every year both adults and children are killed because of those
two things. Usually it is again a big sneaker-wave that comes up and washes over the people sitting on the logs
and the log rolls over and crushes them to death. I have a very healthy respect for the Ocean and I am very careful.

Hi Judith...hope you and hubby are out enjoying life!! We are having fabulous weather here.

Hey Linda...did you find something pretty to wear with your beautiful dress???? I want to see pictures!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 30 2015 9:27:49 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page