Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - May 09 2010 :  5:58:52 PM  Show Profile
happy mothers day to all my farmgirl sisters
blessings deborah

http://jerseyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - May 09 2010 :  8:15:50 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Happy Mothers day farmgirls!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - May 10 2010 :  5:03:46 PM  Show Profile
hi all
well this weather is making me crazy
put my whole veggie garden in thurs 75 and beautiful
sat the winds and cold came in and are sticking around
predicting frost ...so far and the little plants are ok
but i'm afraid to water so i'll wait another day never fails
mother nature is just throwing me a curve
at least we didn't get snow like up state NY 5"
its a good night for some nice hot tea raspberry zinger sounds real good about now..
blessing deborah

jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - May 10 2010 :  7:18:00 PM  Show Profile
Ooh, Deb, that doesn't sound good! It was supposed to frost here on Saturday night, but it didn't, thank goodness! But my friend and I still found people covering their plants with sheets!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - May 10 2010 :  7:39:32 PM  Show Profile
Hi all....I'm sorry to hear about that frost warning for your sweet little plants! I hope they are all ok...I'm so hot, I can't hardly stand it...

Living for today! aka: Paper Rose
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 10 2010 :  11:07:29 PM  Show Profile
Hey Farm Girls...what do the little RED Stop Sign emblems on the left side of our post mean???
Does that mean that we don't officially belong to this Forum and are just stopping by???
If so, how does one officially get into the inner-sanctum of each Forum Group?

I am relatively new and don't know all that what to's and what if's.
I would love to get more knowledgeable! HELP!

Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  05:06:48 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, I think it means that you belong to the Farmgirl Sisterhood officially. If you have a member number and a membership, that's why you have the red stop sign. Don't worry, I'm pretty sure there's no inner sanctum to the forum!
Ladies, it's raining here, and though I do sort of enjoy the rain, it's cold, too, and cold rain tends to bring me down:( Hope everyone's day goes well!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

simplefancies
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Tami Lynn
Longview WA
USA
117 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  07:28:19 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, sorry for the rain. When I get down about it (I live in the Pacific Northwest...we get it a lot) I just remember that the trees and flowers are in bloom because of it. I end up thankful that my rain barrels are filling up with free water. Of course, it's easy for me to write this since I was awoken at 5 by the sun shining. :-)

www.theporcelaindesk.blogspot.com
1 Tim. 6:8 But if we have food and shelter, we will be satisfied with that.
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  09:12:33 AM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies. I have been so busy. I need a day on the porch to rest. I have 39 baby chicks in my basement and a garden so full it's almost over flowing. My DH's aunt dropped off a five gallon bucket full of potatoes that need plantin, but I think they're gonna wait a few days. I need to relax and have some tea! How's everything going with everyone?

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  10:58:41 AM  Show Profile
Megan...thanks for clearing that little Mystery up for me!

Tami...you lived just up the road from me (so to speak)...so we get to share the same weather.
I really only whine because the rain affects my Fibromyalgia and ability to get out and walk;
and my Garden...but you are so right, we live in the most beautiful place in the Country because
of our rain that makes everything green, lush and beautiful. I will try to think more positively!! ;+)
Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  11:13:19 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
I am fighting a migraine today. I would love a nice cup of coffee. Yes, coffee. It seems to help with the headaches. Nasty time of the month.

It is sunny, hot, and dry here in south Texas. I'll take some of the rain if someone will share it!!

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  11:18:14 AM  Show Profile
I will be glad to send you a Jar Of Our Liquid Sunshine! LOL

If you will send me a box of Sunshine and Warm Weather!

Blessings,
~Peggy

Lady In Red
Go to Top of Page

simplefancies
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Tami Lynn
Longview WA
USA
117 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  11:34:55 AM  Show Profile
So much for the sun! Ha. I spoke too soon. It quickly turned to clouds. No rain though.
Peggy...while I agree that it is absolutely beautiful here and was born and raised here, my heart is in TN. My husband and I lived in the Cumberland Mountains and the beauty is beyond breath taking. We moved back to WA just over 2 years ago for his job and he had an interview in Knoxville just this last week. It's where we long to be. Where we hope to have our plot of land and raise our children.
I'll have to admit that it will be disappointing not to just go to the beach however.
I always joke that the Southern gene is recessive and it came out in me. My Grandaddy on my Dad's side is from Arkansas and my Grandmothers family on my Mother's side is from Kentucky. Everyone ended up in WA. My Grandaddy has a longing to be back in Arkansas but will never move since the family is here. When my husband and I moved to TN the first time My Grandaddy was so proud that someone was going back to the area and had a love for the south like he had.

Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  11:56:51 AM  Show Profile
Finally a chance to sit down from cooking and chores. My, it sure is blustery here today! Time to get the cotton quilts out to snuggle under.

Amy, I am sorry that you are dealing with a Migraine, I KNOW how painful that can be. I'm praying for you :)

Well ladies, I can make us some Cafe Au Laits using coffee my husband roasted for us. And how about trying a new recipe: Banana Whoopie Pies courtesy of Martha Stewart.

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  2:27:07 PM  Show Profile
It's so windy here today. The laundry is getting dry just as quick as I can get it up. I got the second load up just in time to take the first one down! I'm nearly done and all in one day! I will be glad to be done with it so I can finish the garden tomorrow. That will give me a whole day to work on my plans for the farmers market in two weeks. Why do I take on so much in the spring when I just want to sit and watch the world wake up? I need coffee and something reeeaaalllyyy sugary to get me going agian!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  7:41:30 PM  Show Profile
its still cold and cloudy here but the winds died down and the rain is coming soon?
i made some hot blueberry tea and its great with the blueberry muffins that i made
for breakfast. my time at night all is quiet and i nice sitting with friends on the porch
deborah

jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  8:29:12 PM  Show Profile
blueberry tea and muffins? sounds delish, you're always baking or brewing up something Deborah! Bless you girl for all that hard work and sharing with all of us!

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  9:05:57 PM  Show Profile
Hi farmgirls. I haven't been on the porch in a few weeks. Busy working on piano pieces, and writing music. Do I smell chocolate brownies baking??????? I hope Channah, Teresa, Kris, are all baking brownies. I'll have to walk for a week to walk off the brownies. LOL.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  10:40:22 PM  Show Profile
Oh Girls what would we do without our Virtual Porch? But ya'll are making me hungry and I just worked really hard to lose 50 lbs. :+) I don't deny myself Dessert or Treats however...I just do them in BITE size portions and along with all the Veggies and Fruit...I'm doing well! No RAIN today Yahoo! But still over cast and cold.
Warming up tomorrow though! PTL!

Tami...wow, girl those Southern Roots Run Deep! Do you think you will be moving back? I was born in Portland, Oregon, raised in Montana until I was ten years old, then moved to Spokane until I moved here 25 yrs ago (To the Vancouver/Portland/Battle Ground) area. I feel more home here than anywhere, so maybe all our roots run deep for HOME! I wouldn't know what to do if I couldn't just head to the Beach whenever I wanted to. That is one of the many blessings I enjoy in our area.

Monica...is there any tea and muffins left??? Sounds cozy and inviting!
Blessings,
~Peggy

Lady In Red
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - May 12 2010 :  08:15:02 AM  Show Profile
Good morning Porchies! Peggy, that's wonderful, 50 lbs, that's a child! Wow! Excellent! YOU look terrific! Keep up the great work!
My glue gun blew up this morning...it was a little scary, but I tossed it and dug out another one...so, I'm finally ready to mail my ornament swap for May!
Can't stay long this morning...just wanted to drop in and say "HI".

Go to Top of Page

simplefancies
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Tami Lynn
Longview WA
USA
117 Posts

Posted - May 12 2010 :  08:39:36 AM  Show Profile
Peggy! 50 pounds is amazing!!!! When we lived in TN I lost just over 50 and now have gained just over 30 of it back in the last 2 1/2 years. I can't seem to find the umph to continue working on loosing. Wanna help me? :-)
We hope to move back to TN. The mister had an interview in Knoxville last week so we shall see.

Guess what ladies! We have chickens on our city lot (.22 acre) but the city doesn't allow roosters for obvious reasons (although I'd rather listen to roosters than barking dogs...mine included). Well, one of my laying hens decided to start cock-a-doodle-doing this morning! Ha Ha. Wonder how long my neighbors won't mind me having hens.

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - May 12 2010 :  5:21:59 PM  Show Profile
That's great Peggy! I'm trying to become healthier as well. My friend and I are actually wanting to train for a 5K run. Hope everyone's day went well. I had a very good, calm day.
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - May 12 2010 :  6:43:31 PM  Show Profile
hi ladies
monica love the term porchies too cute
and peggyann good for you but the treats on this porch are zero
calories , so eat up lol
i do love to bake and share with everyone so i get bite size portions
as well.. it so cool and rainy here thati just want to snuggle by a fire
is may for goodness sakes it should be warm here by now...hopefully the weekend
deborah

jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - May 13 2010 :  04:52:26 AM  Show Profile
Mornin' ladies! Just finishing getting ready for school! Only 13 days left! It will be a sad day when I walk down those stairs as a student for the last time:( But it will also mark the new beginning of high school! It seems like just yesterday I was starting second grade! Have a good day ladies!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

wellswillow
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcie
Branchport New York
USA
159 Posts

Posted - May 13 2010 :  06:36:07 AM  Show Profile
Good morning! It has been a few days since I've been here. We are finally getting some sunshine after the rainy days.

Last weekend we went to a poultry auction hoping to find some ducklings. Yep, we found six adorable little gals/guys. We have them in a brooder in the house. We are hoping to make a house and yard for them down by the pond a little later. I am taking weekly pictures of them to record their growth. When we got them they were 5 days old.

I made some raspberry scones this morning and brought them along to share. I made a pot of chocolate raspberry coffee to go with them.

We are hoping to get in the gardens this afternoon and check out what is growing and do some weeding. I lost a few plants in the recent storms---snow and wind. So am going to have to do some replanting.

Have a great day!!
Marcie

I enjoy chatting with my friends.

Sisterhood Member 1114
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page