Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2015 :  5:57:50 PM  Show Profile
Here Judy,
I have been a bit under the weather. We have flu here with cough, fever, aches...my school has been hit hard. But checking in as I heard you calling my wings for roll call. Having tea has helped a great deal.

Peggy hope you are feeling better.
Emily welcome to the porch...

and tea swap ladies I am not crafty for the record. Just saying :)

well ladies I am catching up on things so off I go and to bed early
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2015 :  8:50:36 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, nice to see you. I heard your wings come fluttering in. heehee
So sorry to see that so many of you are under the weather. Ya'll need some good old white lightening from N.C.
It'll cure ya or kill ya. Uh-oh...I feel another murder mystery coming up. Gotta watch my words here.haha
So, whatever happened to our Bunny, Cherime, Mel and others? I miss them and the color and variety they added.
Judith, ya, I really did mend delicates with my hair. It sure threads easily.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2015 :  04:26:35 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies -

Been having the flu here too - finally getting up and around and feeling halfway human. It has been really bad this year in our area too. Hope all our other missing porchies are doing OK. I'm sure everyone will be back on the porch when the "yuckies" clear up and the weather starts getting better!

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2015 :  06:11:49 AM  Show Profile
""""HI""""" (Do you see myself and all the kiddos waving?) I'm here. Been fighting some virus here as well! Plus, my middle daughter turned 6 on Friday! I always make my kids whatever food they want for the day... it is my "gift" to them. She chose an omelet, coffee cake, fruit cup (mixed fruits including strawberries, mango, pineapples, peaches, mandarin oranges, grapes, blueberries, and bananas mixed with a little bit of 7-up), and scrapple, with orange juice and hot chocolate for breakfast! And yes, they all had that and they ate it all!!! Then for dinner she requested chili over rice with sour cream, cheddar cheese, and tortilla chips. Dessert was a chocolate cupcake, with chocolate icing, topped with a chocolate covered strawberry!!! Her only request for a gift was a new plastic canvas needle and to go squirrel hunting! So yesterday her daddy took her and three of the other kiddos squirrel hunting!

Other than that, things have been pretty quiet with all the kiddos still being sick. My youngest is still fighting something :( Good news is we haven't had any other complications with the baby :) I have a confession though... I kinda got tired of taking it easy and CLEANED the majority of my house on Saturday! I scrubbed everything from the fans, to the walls, to the baseboards and the floors.... and everything in between, in the kitchen, dining room, living room, and both of my kids' bedrooms. All that is left are the bathrooms and my room. Errrrr yeah - my room is going to have to wait ;) I do need to clean the bathrooms though.. or oversee the kids doing it.

I was reading y'all's posts regarding being crafty and not-crafty... I think I am in trouble!!! Especially since people are going to start trying to create murder scenes for others to solve ;) In all seriousness, though, it was hysterical to read and each of you sound creative and crafty! Sewing with hair is something I have NEVER heard of... I must admit, I am a little amazed... though my head hurts a little thinking about pulling my hair out and trying it!

Today we are starting to look at England with the kiddos. We are going to "visit" a country for a week, once a month, as a reminder of their geography. We were suppose to have "Traditional English Shepherd's Pie" today, but at a pound of ground lamb being $11.90, we decided to switch that to Cottage pie instead and use ground beef! I love love love cooking foods from other countries! Now I just need to come up with a craft or two! Any suggestions from you "non-crafty" people? I think this weekend we are going to watch Mary Poppins as well :)

Well I hope all you dear sweet Porchies start to feel better. Catherine thank you for the prayers <3 Much love to you all and hoping your day is spectacular!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2015 :  08:40:16 AM  Show Profile
I want to say a HUGE thank you to my wonderful porchies! I've been having a very s@*$%# (excuse the language) last couple days and you guys have me feeling much better :) Since it took me so long to get caught up here's the pictures I promised first.

Feeding my little ones:

They're growing up fast!

We had one of those frozen fog's last week:

The girls say Hi!

And while some of or porchies (I'm not naming names) get to go do their barn chores in tank tops - here's my barn outfit the last couple weeks (it's warmer now)

and here's a better one for those who don't know what I look like

and for Judy - here's me and my sisters having fun:

Me, my sister Grace, my soon to be sister (brother's fiancee)Katie, and my sister Betty (She's known and betmingo on the forum) We all liked this sweater, but it cost too much. My MIL got it for me for my birthday and Grace found it at a second hand shop in Michigan the next weekend so we both wore the sweater for our family Christmas :)

Unfortunately my tea time is over so I have to get back to work. Thanks again for all the giggles :) You girls are the best!!!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2015 :  09:10:15 AM  Show Profile
Heather - so sorry you are having such a bad day :( Prayers and hugs coming your way!!! As for the tank tops... not here... just a skirt and sleeveless shirt ;) My poor garden is SOOOOO confused, as are my chickens!!! We keep getting cold (below freezing) and then warm (mid 60s to low 70s). It is no wonder everyone is sick!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2015 :  10:07:15 AM  Show Profile
Well, Well, Well My Porchies...

Looks like Judy's, Catherine's and My Weirdness caught some Peoples Attention anyway...and more of you
came back to the Porch to chat!!! Yahoo!!! I was just about ready to saddle up the Pose and go after
you MIA's. LOL

I guess we do have a lot of "Sickies" right now. I don't feel so all alone on that front. Though I will
add you all to my daily prayers. This stuff takes awhile to go away. This morning I woke up completely
dehydrated and so I have been downing water like crazy as I checked my email, MJF, and FB. I hate water...
so it is easy for me to not get enough in a days time. I much prefer coffee and tea and diet soda (all
adding to my dehydration problem with this cold/flu thing). I first made a cuppa tea but every time I
took a sip of it...my mouth felt like Death Valley...scorched and parched.

Heather...your girls could be called "LadiesInRed" LOL. Cute picture!!! I always LOVE your Farm pictures.
Thanks so much for sharing!! Sorry that you have been having some rough couple of days. Praying that gets
better for you! Do you still have all the kittens? They are so cute and I'm not even a cat person. LOl
It sure looks cold there in Ohio...brrrr!!! Your pictures made me shiver. We are having 60 degree weather
almost to the low 70's and the rain has stopped for a few days. Which is Wonderful for me!! Less pain!

Shannon...so glad that you have had no more bleeding and problems...but don't over do girl. Put your feet up
and relax as often as you can. ~ Sounds like your daughter had a great birthday. She didn't seem to want
much for her birthday...that shows a contented child...which is rare these days. Did she get any squirrels
on their little hunting expedition?

Luanne...Get well girl! It does seem like every body is fighting some kind of Virus lately.

Teacher Tammy...same with you girl, you gotta be well to keep those Butterflies in line. It seems
like your kiddo's are doing better this year (at least so far)...not having to clip as many wings.
Or else they have just warn you out so much you can't even talk about them. LOL No, seriously I
think they sound like a better group than last year.

Judy...I'm with you girl...I miss our Long Standing Porchies like Bunny, Cherime, and Mel (though she
pops on more often than the other two). I always feels like we are suffering a loss...when somebody
goes away. Sad!!!

Well, off to go get more water, nasal spray (cuz I'm all stuffed up) and kleenex...More Later my Lovelies.

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2015 :  03:59:34 AM  Show Profile
Wow I've missed so much!!! Sorry ladies, didn't realize I'd been gone that long.

You all have me thinking about what crafty item(s) I can make for the tea swap now! HMMMM Surely I can come up with something and since my month is later I have time :). Although one of my main crafts is crochet so y'all may end up with lots or crocheted items. Maybe Catherine and I need to chat and make sure we aren't making the same things.

We got email notification today that my first three merit badges and Sydney's first three merit badges have been awarded yay!! SO cool :). I'm waiting for a couple more and have a couple more I'm close to finished with (thanks to baby projects).

I appreciate all y'alls concern about me overdoing it :) so sweet, I feel like I have all of you looking out for me! I promise I'm not overdoing it. I have actually gone through my list and prioritized some things and noted what really NEEDS to be done before baby and what can wait. I am working on the baby blanket now and hope to get some diaper covers done and the rest if I don't get to it no biggie :). I found some things I'd like to make in the weeks after baby is born while I'm healing and nursing all the time! Of course I may still be working on baby projects at that point but probably not sewing projects.

This has been a rough week for me and my middle child. She has some behavior issues that we can't quite figure out. I have noticed things go better when we have a pretty firm morning routine. Afternoons and evenings are more flexible but mornings seem to be non-negotiable. Monday I had a morning doc appt (everything looks good) and monday afternoon and tuesday were a nightmare. Then yesterday was a good day. I have been attending a Thurs morning Bible study and I'm really struggling with if this needs to go so that we can keep the morning routine stable but after wed being a good day I thought we would be ok going. Well now I'm suffering the fall out of that :(. Parenting is hard!!!! We don't have a church here so this ladies study and the Friday night study my husband and I go to are pretty much all we get. Hard to know when to bow out due to family issues and when to tough it out.

Off to go search Craftsy and Ravelry for tea swap ideas :). I will have some project pictures to share soon! I finished my sling (had to scrap the first attempt because the farbic was too thick) and another pair of wool longies.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2015 :  07:18:15 AM  Show Profile
Sabrina...You are absolutely right...raising kids is hard work. Not for the faint of heart that is for sure!!!
It is the hardest job you will ever have but the most rewarding also. I raised 3 boys and had a considerable
hand with 3 step kids also. They have all grown up to be kind and wonderful adults...that bless my life and
heart more now than when I was raising them. My middle son was always the one who saw life differently than
the other 2 boys and he was extremely introverted...which was hard because we were all extraverts. When he
drove me the craziest I use to try to see things through his eyes and I thought how alone he must feel in
a family where he found it difficult to express his feelings and the rest of us just laid ours out bare all
the time. We all loved going to The Beach (and he hated the beach)... If I said to the kids in general, "Oh,
isn't that a beautiful blue sky?" He would say, "No, mom the sky is grey!" He always saw everything differently
than anyone else. But as a grown man of 34 years...him and I can still clash over things...because our
personal opinions on everything are polar opposites...but I love him to pieces. He is also the brother that
drives the other two brothers the most crazy as adults. And yet he has a very loving heart.

So, all that to say...hang in there girl!!! It is so much easier when they are all grown up and you don't have to
parent them any longer and you can just enjoy them as friends. You put the hard work in now while they are young
and you enjoy the benefits when they are grown.

When is your baby due?

Still fighting this virus. Had to have somebody else Lead Bible Study tonight. I hate to miss two weeks in a row.
But I still am coughing, hacking and blowing my nose constantly...so, to go teach for 3 hours ...where I am speaking
non-stop...is just impossible. It sets off fits of uncontrolable coughing etc

Yesterday, I went with hubby to do his Process Serving. He had 5 postings to do...which are very easy...but were
scattered between three different towns...so, it took us about 4 hours to do. Then we stopped at Panera Bread and
got Hot Soup for dinner...so I didn't have to cook. It was nice to get out just for a few hours in the sunshine...
even though I just stayed in the car most of the time and did part of his paper work. He didn't feel great either
and so I know it makes his day go faster if I go with him. But you know how mornings and nights you always feel
your worst when you are sick...I just vegged in the chair the rest of the night. So, nothing exciting from my
neck of the woods girls.

Hope everyone else is getting better.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 22 2015 07:23:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2015 :  08:47:50 AM  Show Profile
Greetings All!! Sad to hear so many of you are ill. Hope everyone gets well soon!

Well last week was an important event for me! My granddaughter Sarah was here from Sunday the 11th through Monday the 19th. Don't know if any of you recall my relationship with Sarah. She last visited August 2013....it was the first time I had seen her since her Dad died when she was 8/9, in Miami. I had not known where she was all those years. Found her on Facebook a couple of years ago. Her mother moved them (she has two older brothers) to New York when she was 10. She grew up in a small rural town in upstate New York and is now going to Utica college and will be 21 on March 2.

Anyway....that was my official introduction to 2015!! Needless to say I was ecstatic! My son Kirk gifted me with her visit!

We visited The Dallas Arboretum.

And Reunion Tower....to see the cityscape.

And ATT Stadium....the day after the first National College Championship Game.

My best to all,
Mel
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!

Edited by - Kirksmom71 on Jan 22 2015 09:22:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2015 :  08:50:05 AM  Show Profile
Oh yea....here's a selfie....Peggy requested the other day! Just an FYI.....I hate photos of myself!

My best to all,
Mel

Edited by - Kirksmom71 on Jan 22 2015 09:05:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2015 :  09:16:44 AM  Show Profile
Heather.....I love, love, love your pics! The kittens are so cute....the cows are sweet and YOU are adorable! :)

Shannon....hope you and lil' one are doing well.

Miranda it is so good to see you on the porch after such a long absence.

Sabrina....love seeing all your projects....don't know how you find enough hours in the day, for all you do!

Peggy, Judy and Catherine.......we all love your weirdness.....the porch just wouldn't be the same without it!! :) Keep up the good weirdness!!

PGTammy.....hope the situation with your son has improved....and did you find another job?

TLTammy.....I know it's hard to see your babies grow up and enter the world but you have given them a great base to start off on!!

My best to all,
Mel
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2015 :  09:31:54 AM  Show Profile
Okay.....I seem to have hogged up this whole page but just one more pic! Kirk, Sarah and I went to a restaurant called Taste of Chicago (here in Dallas) and had the Deep Dish pizza....although good....it is not exactly Chicago Deep Dish! ( I should know I grew up in Chicago) :)

My best to all,
Mel
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2015 :  10:17:56 AM  Show Profile
Peggy- thanks for the encouragement, this one just doesn't fit any mold so its hard to figure out what methods to use with her. But I know we will eventually survive and hopefully I don't mess her up too much!! My "due date" is Feb 25th. We won't do anything to induce unless there is a concern or I get to 42 weeks, that said my last two babies were born on their due date without any help or encouragement so I expect it will be pretty close to that.

Mel-looks like a great family visit!! I don't find that many hours in a day. Its usually a few minutes here or there and then a lot of work when hubby gets a day off!!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2015 :  11:26:02 AM  Show Profile
Mel, soooo good to see you!!! I loved alllll your pics. We don't care if you hog the screen. It's just fun to see you all. It's almost like being with you, ya know?
I really liked the family pic of you three. Very nice. I could almost feel your excitement of seeing your G-daughter for the first time in so many years. That was so nice of your son to do that!
Peg&Hubby, Hope'n Praying that the 'gunge' yuns have goes away really fast. You've had it long 'nuff. Just let it go!!! *giggle*
Sabrina, February is a 'great' month to have a baby! My Mama thought so! *giggle*

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Jan 22 2015 11:28:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2015 :  12:54:48 PM  Show Profile
Heather...The kitty cats are precious. Your land is beautiful. I've never seen so much snow. Well, actually, I've NEVER seen snow. I've lived on the Gulf my whole life. (Y'all need to feel sorry for me and invite me to one of y'all's houses with snow!) Heather, you are a beautiful farmgirl. I don't know who you were referring to about doing chores in a tank top....but, she's not the only one. I am in shorts and a tank 350 days out of the 365.

Shannon, glad y'all are feeling better.

Peggy mentioned "long standing porchies" and it made me curious about when I started here. I went searching. While I have been hit and miss through the years, my first visit was in 2010!

About the murder mysteries....I bet we have some good writers on the farm. There could be a whole new novel or short story series surrounding the Farmgirls. I even bet most of our lives would be great drama to write about.

Instead of listing out all y'all's names (I mean, the porch is getting so crowded that I just can't type anymore!)...I love all of ya and hope you have a great rest of the week.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2015 :  2:14:12 PM  Show Profile
Oh, my gosh Mel...your grand-daughter looks just like you!!! What a wonderful surprise for you!!!
I agree with Judy...I loved seeing ALL your pictures. It does make us all feel so much a part of
each others lives when we have that visual face to put with a name. So, thank YOU!!
I have never had deep dish Chicago Style Pizza ever...but it looks kinda soupy to me. I have seen
people eat it (on TV) not the deep dish but the regular crust and they fold it over (kind of to eat).
I'm thinking it must be kind of a soggy crust to be able to do that. Our Pizza's up North are very
firm/to hard crusts and we use very little pizza sauce or marinara sauce (and sometimes we don't use
either)...but have a white/garlic sauce instead...or just oil/herb sauce.

I was going to ask if Kirk was Sarah's dad...but just remembered you said that her dad had died. But
anyway...what a lovely reunion for you all.

Good Job on the "Selfie"...I just can't do those well myself. Some people have the knack but NOT me. I
love the different shades of Silver in your hair. Mine is like that too (though I have non of the darker
Gray/Silver like you have on the top. I had some lady stop me in the Book Store one day and ask me IF
I colored mine that way (LOL) and I said, "No, it's Natural" and she said, "Oh, it's so much more interesting
than mine...I wish mine looked like that!" And when I looked at hers...she had the most beautiful white hair.
And I told her I would trade her if I could. LOL

Sabrina...Oh a February Babe...how nice! Are any of your other kids born in that month? Sounds like you are
pretty prepared. Didn't you say you did Home Birthing? Do you have a mid-wife who comes in?

Judy...I told this "Stuff" to get out, leave me alone, Go Already!...and it just keeps hanging around like that
big Snotty Musinex Thing on their Commercial (which I hate by the way). We did finally try a new cough/cold/flu
Syrup that is all Natural (tastes like honey)...it is called "Chestall" and it is helping to break everything
up...so you actually feel worse for a day...then you start to feel like you might just be on the mend. You buy
it over the Counter at your local Drug Store...but it is all Naturalistic. Today...I feel the best I have in 9
days...but still not Well. But I see the Light at the end of my tunnel...and it's not a Train (I hope)

Catherine...being Farmgirl #76, I'd say that you have been around awhile. LOL It does seem like you have been
off and on the Porch for as long as I have been here...which is about 6 years I think. I like having you on
more!!

Well My Porchies...I need to find something healthy to eat for lunch.

Hope Everyone has a Great Day!!

Hugs and Smiles,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2015 :  8:21:48 PM  Show Profile
Catherine - don't feel bad about being such a party animal, I'm right there with you lol Regarding the tea exchange, practical works as good as cute does. With all your skills maybe I need to come apprentice with you!

Judy - You're worrying me. I'm hoping I finally get rid of my monthly soon as I'm turning the big 50 this year and I'm soooo tired of it.

Peggy - I LOVE Rosemary and Thyme. I've been watching Miss Marple. Apparently Netflix is losing all the BBC movies and I'm heartbroken. I'll wait and see if they get anything good to replace all the stuff their losing Feb. 1st but otherwise I may cancel my subscription and just watch Amazon Prime.

Heather - you post the cutest pictures!

Mel - so neat about finding your granddaughter. Hopefully you won't lose contact again.

Sorry I've been MIA. My son is apparently an idiot of major proportion :O( He's staying with her. He sleeps here though, which hopefully is a good thing. I'm sure she's playing both him and her ex but until he wakes up he's not going to see it. He spent last weekend with her. Please keep him in prayer.

The pups went and got groomed today. They seemed a bit traumatized afterwards, which bothers me. I may need to find another groomer. I know they had some mats but some places on them look absolutely like a hack job. I'm wondering if the groomer may have left. She use to bring the dogs out when I picked them up and let me know if she found anything. I haven't seen her the last couple times they've gone in. They use to look show worthy and how they're coming home hacked up. As I said, I think it's time to find another groomer.

My lettuce is ready to harvest! I'll post pics before I cut it. Everything is growing wonderfully.

Books: Just finished "Quaker Café" (kindle book). I'm reading one called "If You Lived Here I'd Know Your Name". Awesome book about Heather Lende, a NPR author, who lives in Alaska. She also writes the obituaries for her local paper. She apparently has several books about her life in Alaska. Cherime - have you read anything by her? I'd be interested to know you're opinion of her descriptions of Alaska and the people there.

Movies: Not sure if I watched this on Netflix or Amazon Prime but it's called Mary and Martha. Hillary Swank is in it. It's about two women who bond after heartbreak in Africa. Awesome movie.

Well it's time to go crawl into my warm bed. Have a warm night everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Etsy: PrairieGypsyCrafts
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1402 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1402 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2015 :  7:25:30 PM  Show Profile
Goodness! I LOVE reading through all these posts...and then I realized...I can of feel like a "lurker" cause I'm always reading them, and never commenting!! lol! So, I thought I better comment something :) I guess I never really know what to say! I can say, that Heather - I LOVED your pics. Especially the snow ones - they are so beautiful!

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2015 :  8:14:47 PM  Show Profile
Hi Joyce! Welcome to the porch! Tell us a little about yourself! Always a good place to start! *giggle*

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1402 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1402 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2015 :  8:18:31 PM  Show Profile
OK, Judy! I'm a homeschooling mom of three - Lily-anne who is 8, Levi who is 6 and Tevan who is 4. I also teach a little tiny bit of piano lessons on the side. We moved about 1 year ago from one coast of Canada to another - from island to island! We have a little 2-acre hobby farm that we are currently building up. I enjoy scrapbooking, reading, crafting, sewing, gardening and being a mom to my three lovely children, and a wife to my wonderful husband of 10 years. I think that pretty much sums me up :)

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2015 :  12:13:17 PM  Show Profile
WELCOME JOYCE TO THE PORCH!!! So, glad to have you join us. You've come from The Dark Side (Just Lurking)
to The Light Side (actually letting us know you are here) and giving us an opportunity to get to know you.
Now you can be part of The Crazy Fun on The Porch!!! Judy is right...just popping on telling us a little
bit about yourself helps us to know you a wee bit. Nice to know that you have a lovely little Farm...goodie,
maybe we will get some Farm Life Pictures from you on occasion too. Us Farmgirl wanna-be's eat those
pictures up. We are all jealous and live vicariously through you True Blue Farmgirls. LOL Sounds like you
have a nice little Family too. We pretty much just share our day today nonsense on here and just enjoy the
friendship and companionship of a Group of Really Fun Farmgirls. We do our fair share of laughing and crying
together. And just trying to encouraging each other in the Daily Grind of Life. Life is always more FUN
when shared with other women with mutual interests. So, Again Welcome To The Porch. Kick off those muddy
boots, grab a cuppa tea or coffee, grab a Rocker, Porch Swing or just sit on the Rail and join in the gab!!

Well girls...I finally got the Tucks I ordered for the Tea Swap...so, I will start putting together your little
packets this weekend.

OK...DH just poked his head in to the dining room and said, "Get dressed and lets go do something! So I better
get in gear. More Later My Lovelies.

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2015 :  1:28:46 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Joyce....we love newbies on the porch!

Thanx all for your wonderful comments on my granddaughter and the pics!

Peggy....deep dish is NOT soggy! :) And the sauce is NOT soupy! If it comes out like that......they did something very wrong! Deep dish is sort of upside down, in that the cheese is placed first and then the toppings whatever you choose and the sauce on top. Chicago's regular pizza is thin crust and the sauce may be a little sweeter than some others and always cut in squares not in wedged slices! The cut really makes a difference.

My best to all,
Mel
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2015 :  1:39:59 PM  Show Profile
OK ladies, it's been quite a while since I've been on the porch. It's snowing here in maine. We're supposed to be getting 3 to inches tonight into tomorrow. Well, I've got a situation that I need some advice on. It's kinda long to but I'll try to make it short. My mom moved from Michigan to Maine met my dad and the rest is history. She's the second oldest of 7. She lost her oldest brother to cancer. Lost her father about a year and a half later. 18 months after lost her mother to heart failure. And last spring lost her 2nd youngest sister to pancreatic cancer. Her remaining sisters (3 of them) have treated her like crap more so after her sister died then before her parents. Now the sister that died lived with us for a while before joining the army. She was eventually sent to Panama. She got pregnant there and had a lot of medical issues that were not being addressed. She was finally discharged on medical but it wouldn't have happened if mom hadn't called our senator's office to get her out since the Michigan senator was playing with things and not doing his job. Needless to say, that sister took care of my grandparents up until they died. They left their home to my aunt and when she was diagnosed she turned everything over to my cousin. Fine. But while my mom was in Michigan saying goodbye to her mom then a year and a half later to her sister, my aunts accused her of stealing things or attempting to. Mom had no transportation and had to rely on her sisters for it. They made her feel like she was a bother. She never got anything of her parents. We just found out that my aunts and cousin cleaned out mom's childhood home and sold it and never asked if she wanted anything out of it. Mom helped when my grandparents were both sick to give her late sister a break. Now, I know many of you are not Facebook. But after finding this out, I unfriended all my aunts and cousins out there. Now my dilemma. .. One of my aunts does send my son a small birthday check and Christmas check of about $10. He's 7 and doesn't know or would he understand the situation. Do I mail any gifts back? I feel that if I cash those checks it's like saying I'm OK with how you treated my mom which I'm not.

Advice please?

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1402 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1402 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2015 :  2:30:33 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the warm welcome Peggy & Mel! :) I am looking forward to the transition from the dark side to the light side! lol! :D

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page