Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2015 :  7:56:34 PM  Show Profile
hahahahahahaha....ooops...did I do that??? hahahahaha
Ok ...Patsy on the left... Judy on the right! Better? lol
Patsy, I see that you are only a couple of degrees warmer that us... or so the Intellicast weather tells me. We are 3 with a wind-chill of -10 and you are 5 with a wind-chill of -6. You need a 'nest' on the couch with temps like that in N.C. I have my bunny-sleeper on tonight so I'm cozy.
TLTammy, you are a proud mama aren't you girlie with those 2 handsome lads on each side?/! I can see the glow from here. lol

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2015 :  05:51:05 AM  Show Profile
Oh my gracious - it is cold today!!!!!! Let me start by saying I live in the South - where we do not get cold! But this morning we were in the teens with a wind chill of 5!!!!!!!!! Wowsers! My poor chickens! I think they may go in shock, as will my poor garden!!!!

Anyways, life here has been CRAZY! I am pretty constantly feeling ill with morning sickness... which is a blessing and a curse, lol. We finally told the kiddos, since I have been so sick, but we had to follow it up with the fact that there is a chance of miscarriage! I've had quite a few (5 now), so it is definitely a concern! We've also started back up in our schooling, and trying to get back to "normal."

I looked and I do not have any pictures of just me... so here is the family -

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2015 :  11:34:05 AM  Show Profile
What a beautiful family! How Blessed you are!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2015 :  12:56:55 PM  Show Profile
Shannon...Great Family Picture!!! Sorry, about all the morning sickness and the 5 miscarriages. That is a lot for the
body and the heart to have to deal with. I had one miscarriage (my last child) and that nearly broke my heart to pieces.
Took me a long time to get over. My Mom had 3 kids and 3 miscarriages but she seemed better able to cope with them
than I did...I'm not sure why.

Judy...cold weather winter for a lot of the Country. When I watch the news at night I am thankful I don't live in any
of those really Wintry States...where your nasal hairs freeze when you breathe. LOL And all other parts of your body
too. Brrrr!!!

Well, finally got Christmas packed away (purged some decorations and the old tree) and that felt good. I have to do that
at least twice a year (boxing items for charity) or else you wouldn't be able to find Larry and I in this Apartment? I
love pretty things but I hate clutter with a passion. So, when I start feeling that "somethings gotta go" feeling I know
that I need to let go of some of the older things and let someone else enjoy them for awhile.

Hubby and I went to my Antique Mall today. I found a beautiful pink heart shaped glass vase and a wooden Victorian Heart on a long stick (to put in as a floral decoration). I got out my Valentines Decorations yesterday and now I'm ready for the
next Holiday. I decorate for everything except Groundhog Day. LOL

OK...time for my long winters nap...as I got up at 5:30 this morning...and as most of you know "I Don't Do Mornings" well
anymore.

Loving the Pictures...

Hugs and Smiles Across The Miles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2015 :  08:00:08 AM  Show Profile
Catherine - I'm trying to keep a positive attitude about losing my work hours at my second job. I'm still looking at options. I could also look for a totally different job that pays more so I wouldn't need a second job. The state hospital here is hiring CNA's for $3 more an hour than I make at my full time job with benefits fully paid by the state. I need to think and pray about it. I understand dog hair everywhere. With 3 dogs and 2 cats it's all over the place.

Peggy - So sorry that the tree wasn't what you'd hoped. Did you have any problems returning it? I also purged some Christmas ornaments this year. I didn't put out much this year so I didn't go through all the totes that I have. Maybe next year. I have some pine garland that I wrapped in lights and wide ribbon years ago that I used over our fireplace that I think will be going into to the thrift store as the lights don't work and I really don't want to have to take it apart and put it back together again with new lights. I might replace it with a garland that has the lights already in it and then again maybe I'll stick with the more minimalistic decorating. I did get 2 new totes to put the ornaments in. The one I had was way over stuffed and the lid was broken.

Sabrina - you look like a Madonna! Your pregnancy obviously has agreed with you.

Heather - New calves! I can't wait for the adorable pictures to get my cuteness fix :O)

Major drama going on here with ds and the girlfriend. Thursday night at work I was talking with about five other ladies on our break about his girlfriend and how many lies I'd caught her in that week. As I was describing some of the stuff she lies about, one of the ladies asked me what her name was. It then clicked with everybody they knew the girl. Comments immediately started about never to believe anything this girl ever says to get her out of your home as fast as you can. The lady that asked what her name was then said "Your talking about Jonathan's girlfriend". I said "His ex". She's like "No, they were just in here the other night and she was all over him. They were telling me how they're trying to work things out to get back together because of the baby. He said she's 9 weeks and 3 days along." I've known for a while that she's pregnant and based on when she started throwing up estimated that it was her ex's. She blatantly lied to both M* and I about being pregnant and said it was an electrolyte imbalance causing her to throw up and that her doctor said was from drinking too much Mt. Dew. Did I mention she's a pathologic liar? I was absolutely sick when I heard this and more information on her. She's living in our home, sleeping with my son, and trying to reconcile with her ex. I finally told my son about it last night and he confronted her. Of course I'm lying and all five of the women who I talked to are lying. Of course this is her ex's fault, his mother's fault and my fault. We're all out to get her. Her ex's mother is the same woman she claimed "adored" her and was on her side about the breakup. Come to find out she's band the girl from her house and property and threatened to get a PPO on her. She still wants to stay with him she says. Considering she can't be bothered to work and her ex can't keep a job, I'm not surprised she wants to stay with somebody who can keep a job. I'm really worried that she's going to be a problem about leaving. M*'s concerned enough he got his handgun out of the case and put it in our bedroom. He's expecting trouble today. Please pray for us that she leaves without drama. My heart is broken for my son and the hurt she's caused and is causing him. He's confused because she lies so well he doesn't know what to believe. I so want him to find a nice girl who deserves him. Peggy, you and your husband were counselors as I recall. Any words of wisdom?

Tonight is M*'s Christmas party for work. Strange, I know. There are so few places in town for large events that most companies hold their parties in January instead of December. It will be nice to meet a couple of his coworkers that he's told me about. I'm hoping it gives a nice break after all the drama. I requested the day off so it will feel weird being home all day on a Saturday lol

Does anybody else watch any of the Tiny House shows? I think watching them is helping me to declutter and just overall wanting to get rid of things I don't use or really need. My biggest problem is my book collection and trying to downsize it. As my long range goal is to live in an RV and snowbird to warmer climates in the winter it's probably a good thing to start gradually now instead of going through a huge dumping of things when I get to that point.

Gardening Update: I can't believe how big the lettuce has gotten. I'm going to have to move the light up this week. Everything is growing now and all the domes are off except for the parsley, which was the last to sprout. The dill is probably close to 3" tall already. I can't wait for the basil to get big enough to use. Caprese Pizza! On FB somebody posted a picture of a homemade unit using fish tanks that would produce quite a bit of food. They had some type of fish in the tanks which provided the nutrients for the plants growing on top. So you can raise your own fish to eat and vegetables at the same time. Wish I had someplace I could put a unit like that.

Okay, I may do what Peggy did and go crawl back in bed. That or I need to get up and get moving LOL Hope everybody has a great weekend and please keep us in prayer that ours goes without too much drama.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Etsy: PrairieGypsyCrafts
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2015 :  09:49:27 AM  Show Profile
I'm only jumping on here for a minute... we would be 8 weeks tomorrow... but started bleeding last night. Prayers would be appreciated! I'm praying it is nothing, but am chilling on my bed working on crafts, just in case! We had already told the kids we were expecting again (why oh why did we do that!?!? we NEVER tell them until we are about to go see the OB which is usually around 18 weeks!) The prayers from the kids have been so sweet and humbling.... but I really don't want them to worry! We all know that God already knew the number of days of this child before he/she was knit in my womb.... we are just praying it is A LOT more!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2015 :  10:39:38 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Sweet Shannon...just sent a prayer up for you, baby and family. I have to agree with the wisdom of waiting
until the first OB appointment to tell the other kids but I'm sure with you throwing up, at least the older ones
were wondering what was wrong with mama. So, very tough spot to be in and I get why you told them earlier this
time. Are you trying for a certain number of children? It seems like you are putting your own body through a lot
of trauma. I know when I had my miscarriage and ended up 4 months later having to have a hysterectomy...the surgeon
said that my uterus was like a water soaked sponge and I would never have been able to carry another child full
term. In a way I was glad to know that because I might have tried to get pregnant again and it would have ended
in heart break again (before I knew I needed the hysterectomy). I am just sharing this because I am worried about
your physical and emotional well being.

Prairie Tammy...I have to say that it does sound like you have a lot of drama going on under your roof. And because
it is your roof...only you and Matt can make the drama go away. Your son is too vested in the relationship to make
it go away himself. He probably chooses to believe her lies because it is the only way to keep the girlfriend...but
when it comes down to her having that baby...he isn't going to want to be responsible for someone else's child.
At least I hope not. Especially when Support Enforcement will want him to pay child support. Unfortunately your son is
going to have to learn his own life lessons the hard way. But if I were you I would tell your son that he can stay
but the girlfriend has to go. If she doesn't go...then you will kick them both out. Then to save yourself from
future drama and trauma...under NO (and I do mean NO) circumstances would I let your son bring another girl in to your
home. If he wants girlfriends with benefits then he moves out and gets his own place... end of discussion.

OK My Lovelies...keeping you in my thoughts and prayers today and hoping everyone has a Great Weekend.

Hugs and More Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2015 :  4:30:26 PM  Show Profile
Shannon...I am praying for you. Know that we are all praying for you and your family. Try not to get out of bed and do anything. Delegate! I tell myself that word all the time and I can't listen to my own advice. But, try to rest.

Prairie Tammy...I watch the Tiny House and other type shows. I would live in one IF I could have 10 other ones for all my hobbies and crafts. I like watching the shows for the storage ideas. I am amazed at how much they put in those little things. I would also have a hard time with books. At last count, I have 2000+ books, mostly hardback and collectible first editions. I still need to clean out my mom's house and she has just as many.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2015 :  5:46:05 PM  Show Profile
I just sat and read the latest posts..... Sorry I didn't respond earlier!

Tammy - oh dear sweet Tammy! (((hugs))) to you and your hubby! I am most definitely praying that God opens the eyes to your son and SOON! My brother had a girlfriend like that... and it was my sister and I that FINALLY helped him see the truth! Praying that someone will get through to him, if he is not believing you, and soon! Your garden sounds fantastic - is it under a hoop house? The cold snap we just had just about killed everything in my garden! We went from in the 70s to three days later in the teens, feeling like 5 degrees! Crazy cold for the south!

Peggy - the older kids had pretty much guessed what was wrong with me once morning sickness hit. We are not trying for any specific number. We truly believe that God opened my womb and God will close it. While each miscarriage is a heartbreak, it also pulls Brad and I closer to one another and to our Heavenly Father. I know that He is in control! Thank you for your prayers!

Catherine - Thank you as well for the prayers! I sat on my bed and worked on a swap item ALL afternoon!!!

As for an update - I haven't had any more bleeding, so am praying that it is not a miscarriage. However, we have also prepped the kids so they know that if it is, it is all in God's hands! Thank sweet sisters for the prayers!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2015 :  7:44:41 PM  Show Profile
Uh-oh.... what do you mean you decorate for everything BUT groundhog day, Peg? That got my attention, girlie!
That's an important day too ya know. Remember... that's MY birthday! of course I've yet to find groundhog decorations at Hallmark stores or American Greetings, so I guess I'll let you s-l-i-d-e a little! lol
I had to laugh when you were talking about letting go of some of your older things, letting someone else enjoy them for awhile. I thought, "Oh dear...look out Larry, she's at it again!" hahaha
Praying for you all and your troubles! God is still in control and He still cares!
Time for bed. I'm tired.
G'nite Porchies!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2015 :  06:36:43 AM  Show Profile
Judy...well if you lived here I would decorate for your birthday but not in Groundhog Decor. LOL
I think I come by decorating naturally...because I love to celebrate Everything!!! I am always up
for a Party...even if it is just a Party for one (me). I even decorate the Foyer outside my Apartment.
The man that lives next to me...enjoyed it so much...he set a Wooden Cart outside his door and asked
me to decorate it for each Holiday too. LOL And like a dummy I said, "OK". So, now I do my house,
my foyer and my neighbors...geesh!!!

I laughed when you said you thought "Look out Larry she is at it again". He better look out or I might
consider him something OLD that someone else might enjoy and box him up for charity too. We have had
a couple of days this month that I've been tempted believe me!! LOL

Shannon...glad to hear that the bleeding stopped and that you have spent a few days resting. Praying that
this child is knit firmly in your womb and blessed for a long life with your lovely big family.

Well, this was another 5:00 am morning and I'm about ready to go crawl back in bed and try for a few more hours of shut-eye.

Forgot to mention that I posted a new Blog Article on How I Pick
Books to read. Check it out if you're interested girls.

Hope everyone has a Wonderful Sonday!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 11 2015 06:40:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2015 :  12:11:52 PM  Show Profile
Shannon - Prayers going out to you. I'm so sorry you're experiencing this. Hopefully it's nothing. As for my garden, M* bought me 2 AeroGarden kits for Christmas. They're aquaponic gardens. Mine are 3 pod units. They have a base that you fill with water and nutrient liquid and then the pods sit in holes into the nutrient water. There's a light that telescopes up and down over the pods which runs on a timer. The pods come with domes to use until the spouts get close to touching the dome and then you remove. I've been told herbs don't grow well here in ND and my experience this summer with just a couple I would probably say supports that. My lettuce grew well but I never got to try it since the box I had it in got skunked and I really didn't want to try skunk scented lettuce (shuttering). Produce here is horrible no matter where you buy it and frequently is wilting when you buy it.

Peggy - Apparently our choices were correct then because we did what you suggested before I saw your post. We told Jordon yesterday morning she had to be out by 5 pm last night. She came out about noon, conveniently after M* ran out to get gas, and apologized to me for lying about being pregnant blaming it on growing up in foster care. She kept stating she never lied about anything else. She then claimed my cat slept with them the "whole" night. Interesting because my cat was sleeping on my feet the whole night. M* was up until after 3 am and never saw the cat leave our room and she was in there when he came to bed. Oh and I'd like to know how my cat got through their closed bedroom door too. She just can't tell stop herself from lying apparently. She also apparently thought with the apology that she'd be allowed to stay because she went down to talk with her friend and didn't come back to get her stuff. I texted Jordon about 4 asking about it since we were leaving by 5:30 for M*'s work Christmas Party. He texted back saying he'd make sure she got her stuff out after he got off work. Then I got a text about 10pm while at the party saying he wouldn't be here last night and would be back today so apparently he's believing her lies and leaving with her. It's disappointing but I think you're right, he's going to have a really hard lesson to learn the hard way. They're free taxi service is done though.

Catherine - I agree it would take some doing. Books and crafts would be an issue in a tiny house LOL Some of them though I might be able to work with. Wouldn't have much room for clothes or anything else though after fitting my books and crafts into LOL Some of the larger permanent tiny houses I've seen would work. There was one that had the living room space in the loft instead of the bedroom and I could easily fit my chair, spinning wheel, and some other craft items up there. It would be a beast though to get stuff up there, would probably need a pulley system. For an RV I could see possibly a toy hauler and use the hauling area for my crafts and storage. Another option would be a motor home and pulling an enclosed trailer to keep my things in. I hopefully have plenty of time to figure it out.

The party last night was very fun. They had a comedian and hypnotist for entertainment. He hypnotized about 12 people at the same time. It was hilarious! I felt sorry for those that worked for the company because they'd have to hear about all the stuff they did but don't remember doing.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2015 :  1:57:57 PM  Show Profile
Judy - is it wrong that I didn't realize that Groundhog's Day is the same day every year in February!?!? I guess I'll remember that now! I thought it fell on the first Monday every February or something. I know I know... smh! It is not a holiday we celebrate, but I will certainly be thinking of you this year!!!

Peggy - what a lucky neighbor! I am HORRIBLE at decorating my house for the holidays and/or seasons! Normally it is just Christmas and Easter. I've done better this year with just being in the various swaps! I'm trying ;)

Tammy - I think I remember seeing pictures, now that you mention it! My cousin and his family were stationed in Fargo a few years ago... they had the same complaint about the produce! I have been wanting to do some research on aquaponic gardening... just haven't gotten the chance. Perhaps I can do that in the near future! As for your son and his gf, may I just say how PROUD I am of you!!!! That is true tough love and I think you have done incredibly well with the situation you were presented with! Continuing to pray for you!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2015 :  2:03:17 PM  Show Profile
Grrrrrr silly computer - I wasn't done posting!

Anyways, still no more bleeding and no other signs of a miscarriage, so we are hopeful, yet still being cautious. I did manage to get one of my swap items done today and start working on another. I also got 7 quarts of beef broth canned! I'm hoping to do more chicken broth later this week. I have a bunch of backs in my freezer! We try to buy a butchered cow each Spring with tax return, so I really need the room in my freezer! Unfortunately, I do not have any more bones for beef broth, though, which is what I really need. We still have a bunch of chicken and turkey broth in the pantry! I use a lot more beef broth!!!

Alright - must go start dinner. Have a great night porches :) Oh if it is okay with everyone, I'm going to leave a warm soft blanket with snowflakes on it, here on the porch. I seem to be on the colder side of things here lately, and need/want it when I'm sitting around being "lazy."

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2015 :  3:05:59 PM  Show Profile
Happy Sunday ladies,
It is above 10 degrees today. We are having a heatwave..hahahahah I just got home from doing a few errands and started some laundry. I try to keep Sundays low key as the week is so busy. I just finished reading a Lady Emily mystery. I have read all eight and they are very good. Not sure yet what will be next. The cold weather is good for tea, books, and crochet. :)

Peggy have you gone back to bible study yet? WE are getting ready to start Jesus the one and only. We skipped last week due to the cold and I was thankful considering my poor car was stuck in the snow in my own driveway. Sheesh. Our driveway is not that long on our little farm either. What are you reading these days? Inquiring minds would like to know?

Judy I am a mighty proud mama of my sweet boys. I can't believe in few months they will be graduating. I am a bit sad but know they carry God and will do well. They truly are gentlemen.

Bunny do we need to send the posse after you?

Well ladies I left you some Valentine tea and choc chip cookies. Enjoy your Sunday.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2015 :  4:05:15 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Wrapping Shannon's snowflake blanket around me and sipping TLT's Valentine tea and munching a choco chip cookie... how good it all is.. thanks for sharing ladies. Hope you are all enjoying Sunday.

Hmm..the porch looks a bit bare since Christmas decos came down. The string of heart shaped lights is quite cheerful! Anybody want to add more Valentine stuff?

Looking at bare walls does nothing for my spirit so I cut out pink, white and red valentine's out of foam and put them up all around the house...not bad.. leaving my white foam snoflakes and mama's homemade pop can icicles up and put Valentine's Day clings in the windows .. that helps a lot.. and like Judy, all my snowmen will stay out til March!

We took the tree down yesterday. Slowly getting stuff put away. Been gray last couple days and raining now. Better than snow I guess, but I'd rather see snow. :)

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2015 :  5:00:28 PM  Show Profile
Tomorrow is Monday! I hope all y'all's day is super awesome. Go and conquer!

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2015 :  10:11:50 PM  Show Profile
Hi Catherine...I hope to go and conquer a Shower tomorrow. LOL Then watching my Little Man in the afternoon
and staying at their house to watch The College Football play-off. We want The Oregon Ducks of course!!!

Patsy...yes, we need to add some more decoration to The Porch. I like the Heart Lights, I will add some Red
Candles on White flat Candle Holders all around on the Porch Railing. Anybody else? It's already looking better.

Teacher Tammy...yes, we started Bible Study back up last Thursday Night. Everyone showed up but my DIL...hubby got
home late from work. We are still Studying Heaven. Jesus The One and Only is probably my all time Favorite Beth
Moore book. You will love it!!!! What am I reading. Well, right now I am reading "Fight Back With JOY" by Margaret
Feinberg...another Bible Study Teacher from LifeWay. It is one of those books you wish you could buy a copy for every
one you know...because it is sensational! Love the Lady Emily books...like you I have read them all. The are Delightful.
Right now I am reading a Paranormal Detective Series called Mary O'Reilly Mysteries. Two of my best friends recommended
them...and at first I said, "No, I'm not in to Ghost Stories." And they said, "Peggy, just read the first one in the
series...it isn't what you think it is." So, I did and I love the Series...what can I say??? I am on book 7 of 13.

Prairie Tammy...Good Job Mom!!! Proud of YOU!!! Hope that reduces the craziness in your home. Also, it doesn't sound
like this girl knows how to do anything but lie. To Bad. Son, will get tired of it soon!!!

DH is rushing me to watch TV with him...so more later girlies.

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2015 :  08:23:34 AM  Show Profile
hey again, y'all! Tammy, I just read about your son's trouble and feel so much for you. My brother went through this and the girl ended up stealing from him TWICE. I guess this is why my husband thinks I am so wonderful, haha! You're in my prayers, for sure!

Shannon, you're also in my prayers. I just can't express how much my heart hurts for you, just know that I am praying.

I'm back at work after a week spent at home, cleaning, resting, and such. It was much needed, and wish I could have extended it! But, now I look forward to April!

I got accepted to show some of my art at the Lonestar Roundup Car Show in Austin, so I am quite excited by that. I should have gotten some artwork done, but unfortunately, I didn't. I will work on that during down time this week at home.

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Thrall, TX

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2015 :  10:58:31 AM  Show Profile
Shannon, nope...not wrong at all. We learn new things all the time. As a matter of fact...a lot of calendars don't even HAVE Groundhog day on them...now THAT'S wrong!!! WHAT is wrong with THEM! hahahaha
I think I decorate my 'Beetle" more than I do my home. hahaha Of course Mama always fussed and made it fun for me and told the car how pretty it looked. haha Silly I know. One year she even bought a string of white lights on a battery pack. I put it on the dash with green garland. Looked nice, but ate batteries like crazy. We always looked for decorations at Goodwill that were tiny enough for that car. We were nuts but we loved 'Us!"
Mama's birthday is Wednesday. That's gonna be hard this year. Prayers would be appreciated. Hubby is taking a few vacation days around my birthday so that I won't be alone then. Mama always called me at 9:04 in the morning and sang to me, because that's when I was born and also my birth-weight. I'm so glad that I saved her voice on my answering machine singing to me. You know I'll be listening to that!
Hey Sissy, Can I snuggle under that blankie with you today and munch cookies too? *giggle* I'm adding large, red and silver, foil hearts on the porch to catch the suns rays and reflect...ooops...sorry Patsy...that glare got you right in the eye didn't it? hahaha
We are having a heat-wave here too. Last night was in the teens(woo-hoo)and today is 30. Tonight is suppose to be 1 degree though. *sigh*
Shannon, your broth made me so hungry for a bowl. I just love to sip hot broth like I would tea. mmmmm...
Catherine, your Texas accent came thru loud 'n clear! hahaha Love it!
Thanks for all the book reviews. I get good ideas from yuns! I'm reading,"How to Pray When You Think You Can't" by Marci Alborghetti which is a Guidepost book I picked up at our library book sale. I've been having trouble concentrating while Praying since Mama passed. It's really hard. This book is amazing. It's really helping!
Hubby is going to have to get another car. His Honda CRV has a head gasket going out. The vehicle has such high mileage on it and is wore out and his mechanic told him to start looking. Prayers please! I hate car shopping. He's such a BIG man that he needs a really 'Special' Prayer when buying! Thanks girlies!
Well, I'd better get at it or I'll get fired. hahaha

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2015 :  11:40:25 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

Quiet on The Home Front I see. I have only had one good day out of the last five...and rain coming
for the next 5 days which isn't going to help me feel better.

I was suppose to watch my Grandson today but Sadies Physical Therapy was canceled and I have to
admit I was glad. I would have gone over there no matter how bad I felt but glad I could just
stay home and get some things done...around the house.

Judy and Patsy...my prayers were with you today. I'm sure it was a tough one for you both. Glad
your hubbies were there for you.
The Book "How to Pray when you Think you Can't" sounds like a good one Judy.

Well, I don't feel like talking to myself...so, I guess I will go read for awhile.

Hope you all stay warm and safe. Our weather here is back up into the 50's during the day
so it feels like a Spring Day when the sun is out.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2015 :  03:27:58 AM  Show Profile
Just time for a quick hello - crazy busy here. Getting ready for Mom to come and stay for a while. Bitter cold is starting to make me want to hibernate! Thinking of everyone and can't wait for some warm weather to sit on the porch for a nice long chat and drink lemonade!

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2015 :  07:26:46 AM  Show Profile
Sorry I've been MIA. That said its been a pretty productive week! I finished a nursing scarf (which I have yet to take a picture wearing) and matching necklace. I also finished my mei tie carrier. I'm having a bit of trouble with my sling. I have an idea I hope will work but it involved ripping out several seams and then redoing them. I'm getting to the point where it hurts to sit at the sewing machine very long so trying to get the most important of the sewing projects done while I still can! Then I'll spend the last weeks crocheting and reading since those are a bit more flexible in where/how I sit.

This weekend should be pretty low key so hopefully I can get some projects and some cleaning done. The next few weekends are a bit more busy hosting a party for Sydney's American Heritage Girls Troop and some friends, then the following weekend finally getting a date with hubby and possibly going to a freezer meal making event then the following weekend our mjf group is having a camera/photography workshop here. After that I'll be nearly 38 weeks and probably won't feel like leaving the couch!!!

Shannon-I'm praying for you!! I can relate so much to everything about your situation. I really struggled with our decision to let God control our family size with this pregnancy after 4 miscarriages and one in the second trimester the anxiety that went with this pregnancy was high and I just didn't know if I could do it again after this. But through lots of prayer and some inspiration from a friend who went through a very difficult situation I have come to a place at peace with what the future holds. Not that more miscarriages wouldn't be painful and heartbreaking but I am willing and honored to carry any children God chooses me for even if their days are very short.

PTammy-I'm so so sorry about all the drama with your son but like everyone else I agree with everything you are doing. She doesn't need to be in your house treating you like that and he will have to learn his lesson. I hope he learns it sooner with the least amount of damage and I hope you can get life back to some normal.

Here are pics of my latest projects:

The first is the nursing necklace and the corner of my folded scarf, I need to take one with the scarf on!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2015 :  09:35:41 AM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...

Just hopping on to let you know that I got the Tea List completed last night.
Will send out a copy to everyone to check over for corrections...if need be. Will try to send out the list tonight or tomorrow.
So, please get back to me right away with any changes to be made.

Hopefully my Tea will go out this month. I was notified what I ordered for my Tucks
was running late and coming from Canada... don't want to mail twice... so patience.
And I will let everyone know when I mail out my Tea and Tucks.

Busy day ahead.

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 15 2015 09:38:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2015 :  1:39:07 PM  Show Profile
Shannon - Don't feel bad, I don't think I knew Groundhog Day was a specific day either. Looks like we'll all have to pay more attention and come up with decorating ideas for Judy :O) How have you been feeling? Hopefully you're taking it easy.

Judy - You decorate your car? I'd love to see pics? Never thought to decorate the Jeep. I know on Junk Gypsies they've decorated old vehicles with battery operated chandeliers and vintage trimming. I'll be praying for you and hope your birthday isn't to hard for you.

Sabrina - I love the necklace. Hoping you don't overdo it but understand the drive.

Peggy - It has been quite on the porch.

Woke up feeling like my head was in a thick fog and a bad sore throat so I decided to take the day off. Felt a little better a couple hours later but decided I'd take it easy and hopefully kick whatever nasty I've caught. I guess it's not surprising with all the viruses going around and working at the store now. At least it's not the flu Jordon had.

Thank you for all the prayers. Jordon stayed the first 2 nights with her, then the next 2 nights he went down after he got off work but came back about midnight and slept here and then last night he totally stayed here. We picked up Burger King on our way home (I got off at 10pm) and then watched TV together. I'm hoping that this is a good sign that he's starting to distance himself. Please continue to keep him in your prayers.

Well I think I'm going to go take a nap. Hope everybody has a good afternoon.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page