Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2014 :  5:12:48 PM  Show Profile
Prairie Tammy...thanks for the Control Z tip...I will try that next time My Computer decides to snarf down
my post. ~ Sounds like your son does like to be the Rescuer. Unfortunately they are usually the ones to get
hurt (emotionally) and let down. It also is not good that they all three work together. Praying for them all
and you too. You should not have to be their Taxi Service...but like you said...the new job at WalMart ought
to curb your ability to have to jump their hoops. ~ I am so happy that your other son is coming home from
Afghanistan earlier than you all thought. I hope he won't have to go back...now that Obama just decided to
send more troops back to deal with Isis.

Hi Darlene...what have you been up to girl? I still cannot believe that we are into November and Thanksgiving
and Christmas are just around the corner. I think I am mentally still in summer/fall mode. I cannot even think
about the Holidays...I guess I am in some sort of "denial" that this can be happening already. LOL!!!
We have had dangerous winds today from the Artic Air Mass and many trees down and many people with out electricity.
Ours was out for a couple of hours but PTL it is all back on. There are still 12,000 people here without their
electricity on yet. I have been in my PJ's all day as I am having all over nerve pain from my Fibro. I have slept
alot and just tried to relax when awake. ~ Yes, my little Elijah is such a sweetheart. Very busy and active that is
for sure. I was suppose to watch him today...but just couldn't with the pain I'm in. My loss...I love that kid so
much! Grandkids are the BEST!!

Sabrina...sounds like you have all kinds of FUN opportunities being in Germany. I have never been out of the U.S,
except for Canada and Mexico...but when I was younger I would loved to travel internationally. But being in my
60's now that is probably not ever going to happen. ~ I keep losing the News Station I am trying to watch while
I'm on the computer.

Well girlies...I guess Iam going to go brew me a cuppa tea. We are suppose to be getting more wind and freezing
rain and maybe snow in the next couple of days...but that is nothing compared to most of the Country dealing with
lots of snow and cold weather...so, I can't complain. You Girls who are in those States...stay warm and safe.

Happy Veterans Day!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2014 :  6:45:39 PM  Show Profile
hi gals. We had a 65 degree day with sun. Then it got really dark-ish around 6 pm so I took a2 hour nap and woke to rain. It's suppose to get cold now and possibly snow towards the weekend. Winter is coming. We got winterized just in time. Replaced some worn weather stripping today...just in time.
Not much else happening here.
Stay safe...stay warm.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2014 :  11:54:04 AM  Show Profile
Hi Porchies :) Hope this finds you all doing well! I have been too sick to visit on the porch recently, but am FINALLY feeling better! Our family ended up with a virus - probably the flu - for the last two weeks. With six kids, ages 11 and under, all sick and running fevers between 103 and 105, while I was sick myself, was draining at best! But God is good; He saw us through the storm and we are all feeling much better. Now to just finish getting hubby through it! With being so ill, I really haven't been doing too much. I did get some dried beans canned (kidney and black), and of course we have been doing the normal school stuff. My garden is slowly dying out. We are still picking peppers, and we are fortunate enough to continue to be able to harvest lettuces and spinach. My peas are straggling along... It will be interesting to see if we get much! We bought a bushel of apples the other day and I think I'm just going to let the kids eat them, as they are fuji. A friend gave us 14 pie pumpkins. I'm still not sure what all I am going to do with those, as I have a bunch of puree left in my freezer from last year. I must admit, though, I am looking forward to seasoned pumpkin seeds! I'm thinking I should be able to dehydrate some pumpkin, but I'll have to look that one up! I've done a little bit of crafting, but honestly, I do not have the stamina to do much! Oh - and my hubby shot his first deer the other week. Unfortunately it was a button buck, so there was a fine (he was shooting on a hunting club property), but it was still cheaper than meat in the store :)

Now to see if I can catch up....

Luanne - I am so happy to hear that they FINALLY caught the guy who shot the troopers! What a relief that must be for your area!!!

Lorie - Happy late anniversary! My almost six year lost her first tooth not that long ago. She was so excited!!! I love how they remind me to enjoy the little things and to see them as huge!

Peggy - Little Woodsie Owl is seriously cute! You has asked about Thanksgiving... I honestly didn't realize there were restaurants open on Thanksgiving! But to answer your question, it is normally just our family here (hubby, the six kids and myself), unless we decide to invite another family to join. Holidays are always hard on us and yet enjoyable at the same time. I love the special time with just our family, yet at the same time, it makes me kinda homesick. Does that make sense at all? Anyways, we have friends that are about to move to Germany, so if they are still here for Thanksgiving, we may be having them over. Their girls are my older two girls' ages, and are really close friends. One of the pros yet cons of military is the moving!

Heather - so glad the kittens are doing so well! I love how your niece is trying to convince her daddy! That is just too sweet! My almost 6 yo wants a cat something fierce. We told her not until we move! Now she asks if we can move yet :D

Sabrina - what exciting serving opportunities!!!! But yes, I can see where the language barrier would be an issue, as well as the food sensitivity issue! I just found out that it looks like I have fibromyalgia. As I have researched it, though, it looks like it is an autoimmune thing that has a lot to do with inflammation... and food allergies can really flare it up. Soooooo, this is probably going to be the extra push we need to get back off of sugar and grains. I'm really hoping I won't have to give up dairy or nightshades.

PGTammy - I'm so sorry to hear about everything going on with your son! I will be adding him to our prayer journal!!! And you too for strength and possibility of the job!

Judy - Glad you got winterized in time! I wonder how many didn't, with the snow and cold seemingly coming earlier than normal! Stay warm!!!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2014 :  7:02:18 PM  Show Profile
Howdy girls,
I am flying in with frozen wings as it is about 12 degrees here in my neck of the woods. Way too cold for this time of year. Can I just say my teapot is busy at home and school..My little butterflies love the smell of my tea.

I got new glasses today so I can finally see and do more of what I like. My dear tablet bit the dust so I am hoping my dear hubby will replace it for my birthday later this month.

I have been busy with school lately and my dear sons are very active right now. We are trying to finish up senior pictures and get college applications going. They seem to think they have all the time in the world to do that but they really don't.

Not sure exactly what we are doing yet for Thanksgiving but it will be with family and that is what I love. Lots of laughter and catching up and just being together. Well it is about time for me to get ready for tomorrow. I just needed to fly in and sit a spell.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Whispers of Morning
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2014 :  5:38:29 PM  Show Profile
Praire Tammy, I got your tea today. Love the little tuck in!!! The tea looks right up my alley too. Can't wait to try it.
Sorry about your son. I too hope he doesn't get caught up in the drama. Hope M can deal with your extra work schedule.

It is very cold here today. 12 degrees at night and in the 30's during the day. I'm not ready!
I have my job interview on Tuesday. I was suppose to have it last Thursday but a storm came in and it snowed quite a bit. The interviewer is coming from Portland so didn't want to drive in it. I sure hope I get this job.

Stay warm everyone.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2014 :  6:46:26 PM  Show Profile
Prairie Tammy...I LOVE YOUR TEA SELECTIONS and the TUCK WAS ADORABLE!!! Don't want to spoil it for others.
And bless your heart for the B-day gift...that was awfully sweet of YOU!!! I haven't read that one...so, will
be excited to read it. I bought on my Kindle one of The Amish Cookbooks for just $1.99 I think and I have so
been enjoying it and like Judy said, jotting down some recipes to try. So thanks for recommending those to
us Porchies.

Teacher Tammy...nice when you get new glasses and feel like you can see again!!! Oh, what happened to your reader?
Is it a Kindle or Nook or what? Depending on what went wrong with it...they may just replace it for you. Or maybe
you would rather have the upgraded newer model. I can hardly believe your sons are in their Sr. Year...man time
goes by fast doesn't it??? This year will fly by for all of you. It is funny how guys always think they have all
the time in the World for applying for Colleges...my sons were the same way.

Bunny...you guys have gotten worse weather than we have being in The Gorge. I was out in the East County of Vancouver
and In Camas today and they still had snow being closer to the Gorge. Ours was gone the first day...but it is COLD.
Suppose to warm back up and rain the middle of next week. I would rather have the cold myself. Hope that your JOB
interview happens and goes well for you. Is this for a Portland Job?

Well girls I have been gone all day and just got home about 45 minutes ago. I think I will go get in my PJ's and
enjoy some reading time. More later!!!

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2014 :  7:56:53 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals! Man it's cold and breezy today. brrrr.... I went to our area H.S. band craft show today. Just walking from the car to the building bout froze my bloomers to a crisp. *giggle* There's a lady there that always has her sweet little 90 y.o Mama with her who has Alzheimer's. The lady deserves extra jewels in her crown when she gets to Heaven for keeping her at home with her. She said her mama still helps her with crafts. Isn't that sweet? Glad she's still able. Mama and I always loved chatting with them even though her mama didn't speak, just smiled this beautiful smile. Such a sweet face. I was dreading having to see them and tell them about Mama. Wouldn't you know it, her craft table was the first one inside the door....but no mama. I asked her, "where's your mama?" She answered, "I lost my mama this year." *shock* I said, "Me Too!" We shared our stories and only had one interruption, a question. We laughed, cried and hugged. I told her that our Mama's were together with Jesus for Christmas. How Wonderful! Her mama passed away in October.
The one thing I was dreading, God turned into the highlight of my day!
Tammy, I got your teas and boy do they smell good. Gonna try them real soon. Thank you! Cute tuck-in too.
Well girlies, I'm heading to bed. I'm tired.
Nite porch-buds!
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Nov 15 2014 8:02:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2014 :  04:32:48 AM  Show Profile
SHE'S BACK! With a few giggles and a heart-warming story too!!!

That was A Divine Moment Judy!!! You two gals were suppose to "Share"
and I'm sure the Mama's are up in Heaven together...smilen down on you
two Daughters. And they are both completely healed of their infirmities.
And enjoying good conversations!

Love and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2014 :  08:07:33 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies! It's 12 here with light snow and a wind chill of -13. Hmm, not sure the pups and I are going to get a walk in today. I'm so excited so many of you have already gotten your teas! I hadn't thought they'd arrive until after Monday.

Last night we went to the dinner theater at the Art Center here in town. They hold a dinner theater about twice a year. Last night's was called "The Thing About Cats". It was a comedy and I think the best they've done. My biggest complaint was they oversold tickets and had the room was smashed together. It was claustrophobic for me. They also served tiny portions of food, I'd estimate it was about a scant 1/2 cup each of the scalloped potatoes and green beans, along with a thin slice of ham. We both left hungry.

Well it's been a busy week. I was called in for an interview Monday at Walmarts and then went in for another one Wednesday and they offered me the cashier position I wanted. They wanted me fast so she'd already set up my drug test for Wednesday afternoon after the interview. They have to wait for the drug test and the background check to come back for somebody to start and unbelievably both were back the next day. Normally they take about 5 to 10 days. Did orientation (again) yesterday. They're scheduling me for 20 hours a week right now. I'll see how it works but will probably have them drop me to 16 hours after the holidays.

Oh, the best news is my son is home from Afghanistan!!!! He got in Friday. Got to love the Army. Told his unit a couple weeks ago they were keeping them longer and then early this week informed them they'd be home Friday. It's so great he'll be home for his anniversary.

Please keep me in prayer as I'm having problems sleeping. Well not sleeping actually. M* gets home at about 3am. For some reason Lacey has taken to barking and growling at him like he's an intruder until I wake up and then she'll walk out and want a petting. Unfortunately I'm then totally awake and can't get back to sleep. Then the weird thing is about 30 minutes after he comes to bed (typically about 4 or 5), Oreo will get up and start whining for no reason. I thought she needed to go outside so I took them all out and they walk around and sniff but no urgency. She keeps walking into the kitchen like she thinks it's time to eat and 4:30 am is WAY to early for them to think it's breakfast time. Thankfully they all let me sleep until 7:30 this morning which is nearly unheard of in recent memory. M* didn't work last night but he still stays up so his sleep cycle doesn't get thrown off. M* came to bed at 5 and I woke up then laid there for over an hour waiting for Oreo to get up before I finally fell back to sleep.

Shannon - so sorry all you have been sick. Nothing worse then when that happens. I have 4 kids, now adults, but still remember. By the time I got them healthy then I got sick.

Bunny - keeping you in prayers that this interview goes well for you.

Peggy - So glad you like your package. I was hoping you hadn't read that one.

Judy - What a neat story. It's good to have somebody that understands your heartache isn't it?

Well I need to get some cleaning done so I best get started and see how much I can do without waking the man up. I'll run the vacuum after he gets up. He's making lasagna for supper tonight - yummm - and I need to run to the store after they open at noon to get a couple things for that. Hope everybody has a wonderful Sunday!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Etsy: PrairieGpysyCrafts
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2014 :  09:59:47 AM  Show Profile
PGTammy, thank you for the lovely teas. They smell wonderful! The tuck-in is very sweet too!
We had around 3" snow..so pretty here in the woods..like a winter post card..Just a little too cold to go out and play in it. 12 degrees.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2014 :  1:20:01 PM  Show Profile
Tammy - got my tea yesterday - smells yummy! Tuck was adorable too - thank you so much!

Very cold here - snow, sleet, freezing rain for tonight. At least it will be over with before we need to leave on Wednesday for the wedding on Thursday. Can't wait - I've never been to am Amish wedding.

Then, on Saturday, I'm off to Vermont to bring my mama to PA for Thanksgiving. She will stay a week and I will take her home the following weekend. We will spend Thanksgiving day with BF's family (always about 80-100 of us for dinner) - what a joyous event!

Hugs to everyone!
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2014 :  6:00:04 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, as usual, you always say the sweetest things. You are a soothing balm to my soul! Thank you girlfriend!
Tammy, it is indeed nice to have a 'like' spirit who knows just how I feel.
Wow! 12 degrees. I hope we don't see that for awhile yet. We had a high of 28 today. We went to MIL house today to visit. That wind was cold. Brrrr. So now I'm home and in my jammers.
Getting ready to have one of my new teas and snuggle in for some quality reading time.
G'nite Porchies!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2014 :  10:49:09 AM  Show Profile
Hello ladies, didn't realize I'd been away so long. Seems like things are getting busy around here!!! From your post it looks like winter got to the USA before it got to Germany! Its still in the 40s here but I think over the next week its going to drop rapidly. They are calling for snow next tuesday. We will see what happens. I'm hoping it holds off until after Thanksgiving weekend since I'm supposed to be going with my farmgirl group to poland to shop for pottery and nativities and then Saturday with my Bible study to a Christmas market. I'm really looking forward to those excursions (and got some unexpected money in to spend on them!!) and would hate to get snowed out!

We have a crazy busy couple weeks so I may not be around the porch much, I have a long to-do list for this week, getting pictures made and Christmas cards ordered (have to send things out early from here), need to get gifts in the mail to my sponsored children (3 in Uganda and 1 in the Philippines) and putting a box of goodies in the mail for my mother-in-law (crocheted snowflake ornaments and mason jar drinking glass and soap dispenser). Friday one of our chapter ladies is hosting an Advent calendar making workshop. Then next Monday we have our November chapter meeting and Thursday is of course Thanksgiving then the activities I mentioned above on Friday and Saturday (oh and Friday happens to be my birthday!). Whew I'm tired just thinking of it!! Sometime in there I have to finish stuff for the December ornament swap and put together our annual photo books that I do for Christmas presents!

I thought about taking all of December off school for the kids but then I realized the next couple weeks are crazy busy and considered just taking those off but finally decided we will just do as much as we can through it all and take a day here and there as needed or do a reduced load. At least that way some stuff still gets done :).

Shannon-yes fibro can definitely be effected by diet. I have seen major improvements since changing my diet and also since getting my thyroid levels optimal and supplementing my adrenals. So far I haven't cut dairy or nightshades. Friends have suggested it but I feel like there just wouldn't be enough to eat. Where in Germany are your friends moving?

Judy-that story is amazing, so glad you went and had that sweet opportunity to share with her! Thanks for sharing!

Prairie Tammy-congrats on the job! I hope it goes well and doesn't wear you out too much!

I've still been praying about me "working" at something. I have some opportunities to attempt to boost my online businesses in the next couple weeks that I'll be working on and I enrolled in an online writing training program. Hubby admitted that he still isn't crazy about the idea of me doing the nursery especially right now with being pregnant and having limited energy so we will see. Maybe I won't pursue much. Maybe it's not the season, and I think I'm ok with that.

Stay warm!!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2014 :  10:57:20 AM  Show Profile
I got my tea too :) Thanks Tammy - how did you know purple is my favorite color?

Judy - LOL! Hate it when those bloomers get crispy :) What a wonderful story about the craft show. It's amazing how God works isn't it. Did you get snow last night? We sure did!!!

It was so beautiful outside this morning. The snow was falling and it was just wonderful. As soon as we were finished milking the snow stopped and the wind really picked up. By the time we got everything done my fingers were frozen!! I switched mittens and went to feed the kittens. Here they are in the pile - if you can find them :)

Now I'm sitting here with a cup of tea and a bowl of veggie soup enjoying the warmth of the woodstove. As soon as I hop off the porch it's dishes, picking up the house, and crocheting. My family is all coming this weekend for my sisters bridal shower. It's going to be a busy week.

Here are some pictures from this morning.

Have a great week everyone - stay warm.
Hugs,

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2014 :  11:43:25 AM  Show Profile
Heather...Wonderful Pictures as always! I love seeing your Farm-Life!!
The kittens look like they are being kept nice and warm by the Cats!! LOL
It looks like one big Happy Family!! I am happy you have snow and ours is
all gone. It is pretty for the first day and I love that Snow Globe feeling
as I get when the flakes are big and fluffy.

Sabrina...my goodness girl you are one busy woman. I am tired after just
reading your up-coming few weeks. I get worn out if I just have two things
I "have to do" in one day. It maybe my age mixed with the Fibro/Chronic Fatigue,
but If I go spend a day of fun...like I did all day Saturday with my youngest
son and family then I need 3 days to re-coop from that fun. LOL Yesterday
I did process Serving with my DH...where I just was the co-pilot navigating
the GPS and filling out the paper-work (just sitting in the car) where he
made the Serves. We had a good day but I kept having to get out and work the
kinks out of my body from sitting too long. Last year I went all out on a
Plant Based Diet...got rid of all sugar other than an occasional choc. something..
and I noticed NO difference what so ever in my Fibro...though I did have a tad
more energy. So, I'm not convinced that diet plays a huge factor in the Fibro
Pain...and I only lost six lbs total. Nobody in my Daniel Plan Group that I taught
lost any significant weight either. It was a lot of work for very little benefit.
I decided that at age 63 maybe I am suppose to be "Fluffy"!!! LOL

The Advent Wreath making sounds like fun.

Bunny...praying that you got your Job Interview today. Hoping it was a good one! Keep
us posted girl.

Prairie Tammy...I had the Carelton's Aurora Borealis Tea yesterday...and Oh, my that was good.
It reminds me a little bit of the Susan Branch Tea that I bought last Spring. Haven't tried
the other one yet. But I am drinking lots of HOT tea with this cold weather. ~ It warmed up
enough today that I actually was able to take Snickers for our full walk. That felt good.

Also...Mel is working on the December Tea Swap. I have communicated with her already about it.

Also in December I will start the sign-up for our 2015 Tea Swap. I will take January...as I always
do...since that is the first month and everyone is pretty busy or pretty tired at the New Year.
I ordered my Teas over the Weekend. New Ones even to me...so that should be fun.

Luanne...your Thanksgiving Gathering always sounds like so much fun...with 80+ People. That is almost
the size of a small Church. LOL Have fun and be safe in all your travels.

OK girlies...DH just got out of a Dr. Appt. and is headed to pick me up. Have a Great Day!!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2014 :  2:28:25 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Just stopped in to say thanks to Tammy for the wonderful teas n tuck in. :)

We got LOTS of rain last night and looks like snow went everywhere else! My daughter in Ohio called to say they had those big, fat snowflakes falling fast and hard... 3 inches of it and kids had NO school! to early for that kind of thing! but they made snowmen.

Thanks for sharing those pics.. I just wanted to stick my hand right down in the middle of all those kitties and feel all that soft warmth.

Luanne: I'm jealous! I thought feeding 24 was a big number. Now I miss it all. Enjoy while you can. :)

ok, time to grab a hot cuppa and make a nest on the couch! lol

Hugs n Squeezles

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)

Edited by - craftbug on Nov 17 2014 2:29:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2014 :  4:39:23 PM  Show Profile
Patsy, Judy .....so good to see y'all on the Porch! Judy, glad you were able to stop by and deliver us a taste of your humor.. Patsy, Texas got rain and snow flurries!

Heather... your pics are terrific as always. Love the kitties cuddling to keep warm. The snow is so beautiful when it first falls but just looking at those pics gives me that COLD chill down my back. BRRRR!! :)

Sabrina....I'm with Peggy.......just reading about all your activities makes me tired. But I hope you get to all your shopping destinations. Sounds like so much fun. I'll bet the kids will enjoy any breaks you can give them from school.

My best to all,
Mel
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2014 :  05:36:28 AM  Show Profile
I will definitely need a few days to recover after both busy weekends!!

Peggy-I don't claim that diet is the answer for everyone just that it helped me :). Even if it does help there are so many things that could be contributing it's hard to find the right thing. Even for me, being gluten free by itself wouldn't be enough I have to take certain supplements and my medication has to be right to feel my best and even then I have to remember my limits and not over-do it. :) Plus it seems like things are always changing so I have to adjust and try new things from time to time.

Heather-those pics made me feel COLD :) but loved the pic of the kittens, glad the older cats are snuggling them!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2014 :  10:09:14 AM  Show Profile
Wow Heather, you have some serious snow on yer 'pumpkins' girl! You really are a candidate for a(fur-lined)bra!
hahahahahahahahha There....another Judy-ism! Happy ya'll? lol And Yes, we have all that snow here too. I loved watching it fall and I said, 'Look, Mama our first BIG snow...a Winter wonderland!'
I'm with Patsy(of course)we are sissies after all...*giggle* ...I could just feel the warmth from that pile of kitties..... so sweeeet n warm! Patsy, I could just see you making your (nest)on the couch...mmmm...cozy! *giggle* Ya, I liked that Aurora tea too. Gonna try the other one today!
Well, gonna go for now Girlies! Toodles!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2014 :  7:13:56 PM  Show Profile
Heather - A little bird told me LOL Actually I wanted to do more of a sunflower design since it's fall but had to go with what I could get locally so the purple pansy idea struck me when I saw the dark purple thread. Glad everybody liked them. Awesome pictures! Kitties are adorable. Glad we haven't gotten that much snow yet. We are prepared this year though, M* bought a snow blower!

Peggy - Didn't realize Susan Branch had teas. I've got a couple of her books and really like the drawings. M* liked her art so much he got me one of her calenders for Christmas one year. Hmm might have to investigate the teas. It was sort of funny because were were in the tea shop at The Grand Hotel and M* and I looked at each other and had the same thought about the teas being perfect for the exchange. I wondered how that diet had worked. I've been reading the Sonoma Diet and starting to use the plate idea from it. It makes a lot of sense. I've actually lost about 5 pounds without much thought or effort. Hopefully it keeps coming off.

Has anybody tried the Earl Gray with lavender yet? I love that tea with a splash of milk in it and I could just sit and sniff the canister it smells so wonderful.

I'm glad I've had a couple 4 hour days to ease into working again although the 8 hour shift on Saturday I know I'm going to feel. After 4 hours my back is tight but I'll get use to it. Since I have to work Thanksgiving they're giving out 25% off certificates that we can use on anything so I'm trying to decide what I want to get. So many things I'd like: Kitchenaid mixer, carpet cleaner, color printer, etc. New tires are needed but unfortunately our store doesn't have a auto center and I'm not driving 100 miles to find one - sort of reduces the savings.

Make a couple homemade cleaners today from Clean Mama's website and tried them. Definitely liked the Lemon & Clove soft scrub and the Lemon & Lavender disinfectant. I want some of the nice glass spray bottles she has. Used the cleaners on the bathrooms and they smell really nice.

My son contacted me last night that the guy him and the girl have been staying with got notified by his landlord that there are too many people in the house and him and her had to be out by today. So, they're staying with us. I'm amazed M*'s allowing it, I did ask before I said they could. We'll see how long it lasts thought. Found out last night that both her and her ex were fired for getting into a fight in the store. Supposedly the manager might let her come back in 3 weeks after things cool down since he started the fight. I'm worried about my son getting fired since the ex is still coming into the store. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

On a good note - I finished my second rug! It's pretty identical to my first one since I had enough fabric left to do a matching one but this one I used pillow cases that I made strips of for my warp threads instead of the yarn and it worked so much better! Well, need to get a bit of cleaning done and then a book and cup of tea before bed!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2014 :  7:36:41 PM  Show Profile
Hey you sweet ladies,
I do hope yall are doing well. It is still very cold here but tomorrow they say near 30 that is likely to feel like a heatwave.

Peggy My sweet hubby replaced my nook to a new upgrade as an early birthday present. Since it is next week and he was going to be gone on the day, he treated me early and I am so happy I can read again. I am reading a murder mystery that takes place in England with tea and gardens and is a second in the series.

Prairie Tammy I received your teas and they are devine. Thank you so much.

School is busy and I am very ready for Thanksgiving break. My butterflies are nearly making me pull my hair out and lead me to drink wine instead of tea. Sheesh...do we need a break and being cooped up from cold is not helping.

Judy so nice to see you I have missed you been thinking about you and your sweet sister.
Bunny hope your job interview went well.

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Whispers of Morning
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2014 :  8:03:47 PM  Show Profile
oooo Tammy, what series is that and who is the author? I enjoy that type of mystery. I have the "Apple Dumpling, Plum Pudding & Red Velvet Cake" mysteries by Joanne Fluke sitting on my bookshelf to start after the holidays. I am reading Christmas stories right now. I just finished one tonight...'A Wish for Christmas' by Thomas Kinkade and Katherine Spencer. It's a Cape Light Novel. I didn't know Mr Kinkade dabbled in writing. I just thought he painted. It's a beautiful story that's kind of like 3 different stories in one because it's about 3 different families in the same town who go to church together, go to the same diner, shop at the same market, that sort of thing. Now I'm going to start Debbie Macomber's 'Glad Tidings.' I found it at Goodwill.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2014 :  1:03:51 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

Oh Patsy and Judy it is so gooooooood to see you two back. Just adds that perfect sizzle of humor
that we all love about you girls!!!

Judy...I am with you...right now I am reading Christmas Stories too. Even listening to one as I
walk. I just finished the Book THE CHARM BRACELET by Mellisa Hill...it was a really good read and
I highly recommend it. It isn't advertised as a Christmas read...but it was. I had never read her
before but I now will read her other books too...A Gift To Remember and A Gift from Tiffanys are
the only two I can remember off the top of my head. I am now reading a Christmas Bargain by Shanna
Hatfield it is a Victorian Holiday Romance. The book I am listening to is a Debby MaComber book that
is A CEDAR COVE CHRISTMAS with Sandra Burr narating. It is really cute!!! I am thoroughly enjoying both these
Christmas reads. ~ I am not a person who can read Christmas Stories at any time during the year...so
I have to get my annual fix in Nov and Dec each year. LOL

Teacher Tammy...I am with Judy, I want to know what that Tea Series is that you are reading?? So, sweet
of Hubby to get you a new Kindle. Did you get the newest Kindle Fire HDX? I love mine!!!
Also, did you see that Kindle just turned 7 yrs. old. LOL I have bought 4 Kindles in that time. LOL
I still have two of them and sold 2 of them. I just like to upgrade about every couple of years.
I love the new Technology...as they get better and better.

Gypsy Tammy...Oh yes, Susan Branch has some specialty Teas that she orders from England. They are so good.
She also has a very cute Tea Can to store them in. I bought one can...and when I get her Tea...I just
leave them in their paper bag...so the can doesn't pick up the scent of one particular tea. Then next
time I order a different one. She doesn't have a lot...but what she carries are really nice.

I love her books...if you have never read her book A FINE ROMANCE...you need to get it and read it. It is
delightful. It is one of those books that you want to keep a Hard Copy of...as it is a real keeper.
I also want to buy her new Fall Book that she just updated this year. It has fabulous stories and recipes.
The Amish Cookbook I got on my Kindle for $1.99 (I think) is Simply Delicious by Sherry Gore. I am really
enjoying it...but it is something I just read a little bit at a time.

I have not yet tried the Earl Grey Tea...but will probably have mine tonight. I will let you know what I
think of it once I have had it. I loved the Pansy Book Marks you made. Where did you find those extra
large paper clips??? I would love to find some and use my Heart YoYo's to make some bookmarks.

I will have to check out the Sonoma Diet..but right now, I'm rebelling against Diets and eating Programs.
I just don't need another one at the moment. I'm more in need of a brain adjustment.

Sabrina...I know what you are saying about the food thing/with Fibro...and each persons Fibro is different.
What works for one person doesn't necessarily work for another person. I get that...I really do. I take
no prescription meds for my Fibro. I have tried them all and find that the side affects are not something
that I am willing to deal with. So, I go it alone...using God and Aleve to get me through the pain. I also
use Arnicare Gel for my Arthritis flares. I have discovered that even though Americans have an aversion to
pain at any cost...that we can live with pain...as long as we do not let it define us...as a victim of
unfair physical disability. God took two years working me through this self-discovery that pain does not
have to be my enemy. It maybe my NEW REALITY but it doesn't have to shatter my life. Both my husband
and my doctor are amazed at what I do despite my high levels of pain. I could not make it with out God as
my Physician.

Patsy...I too loved your comment about making yourself "a nest on the couch." I do the same thing...in my
recliner...and it is ever so cozy!!!

OK, Ladies...I'm off to get something done besides chatting all day.

Love and Hugs girlies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 21 2014 1:06:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2014 :  6:58:17 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies. Waiting for Jordon to get off work so we can go out for supper. M* and I went to see Mockingjay. We didn't think it was going to be at our theater until next week but M* looked and it was there today after all. Was really excited about that. We're going out for my favorite pizza and bowling. It's a pretty low key birthday.

Before I forget to mention it again. I found a new mystery series on Netflix. It's Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries. It's based in Australia during the 1920's. I joking refer to it as my flapper mystery series. I'm really enjoying them.

For my fellow Amish lovers I just finished Plain Jayne by Hillary Manton Lodge and it's wonderful! I couldn't put it down. I discovered the author from the podcast Amish Wisdom that I mentioned before. She was interviewing the author about the sequel to this one, which now I have to get. I checked on Paperbackbookexchange and they only had this one so I ordered it and loved it.

Peggy - I found the bookmarks on Amazon. I agree, once I saw them ideas started popping up for what I could use them for. Sara Gore just came out with a pie cookbook. I've seen it at Walmart and will probably pick it up after my next paycheck. Mr. Food just did a video interview with her that is online. She has a really ill daughter right now who probably won't survive from the sounds of it. She could use prayer. I follow her on Facebook and watch for posts from her. I can't imagine anything worse that watching your child suffer so long and to lose them. I give her credit for trying to continue working during this time. I haven't read A Fine Romance. I'll have to check it out.

Okay, time to go enjoy some yummy pizza! Have a great weekend everybody. I have to work tomorrow so doubt I'll get back on this weekend.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2014 :  9:28:59 PM  Show Profile
PGTammy, I'm watching the Miss Fisher Murder Mysteries too. I started it last year. She's a 'classy flapper.'lol

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page