Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2010 :  5:52:13 PM  Show Profile
A rainy spring day here. Having strawberry black tea along with some of Deb's scones...just nice to hang out with you sweet sisters after a busy week.

hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2010 :  8:17:33 PM  Show Profile
Hi porch girls! I'd love to try some of that strawberry black tea. Sounds so good. Has Channah told y'all one of her goats, Esther, had babies. She is just so excited. The babies are too cute. Well, I'm going for a walk. Anyone want to join me?
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2010 :  10:05:11 PM  Show Profile
Hello all! I am just about pooped. I have been so busy this week and the weekend holds so much more. I have a chicken tractor to plan and build, a birthday party to attend, a garden to finish and sawdust to pick up. I so need some down time on the porch and some tea to relax with. I'll probably doze off if I sit too long. Someone wake me if I do.

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

amomfly
True Blue Farmgirl

658 Posts

Angie
LaGrange IN
USA
658 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2010 :  04:14:16 AM  Show Profile
I just read the posts from 70 to current. I wanted to be sure I got caught up. You ladies are so busy. Sorry to hear about the cat Deborah. What wonderful families you all have.I find it so relaxing to catch up with you all. I am currently sitting in LaGrange KY, in a hotel. We are visiting some friends. I brought my computer so I could catch up on work. With that done I decided to sit down on the porch with all of my favorite ladies.
I will be getting my dairy goats on may 8th. So I have a lot of fencing to walk and goat proof. Not to mention barn cleaning, planting, work, 4h stuff and...I do not know what else!
Can someone pass the sun tea?
Sitting here listening to the birds and thinking of how our talk would go on the porch.
Well my catch up moment is over.

God Bless
Angie-amomfly
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2010 :  07:09:34 AM  Show Profile
Hi to all porch sitters! Last night I was on mine until 8:00, rocking and reading a book. We ate dinner there, and have been for the last week or two. These nights are rare (the ones that are not humid, and are breezy and mild) and I am trying to soak it all in before the heat and bugs start to chase me inside. I never get tired of looking at my yard. How weird is that?

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2010 :  07:39:14 AM  Show Profile
Jeannie, that's not weird at all. I sit and stare at my garden all the time, and it's pretty much just dirt right now. My DH says that is why I don't care for brown, I stare at it for months waiting for all my green and growing things to cover it up! LOL! I brought pacific blend coffee if anyone wants some.

Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2010 :  08:00:57 AM  Show Profile
We are having huge storm today. I am so grateful for the rain. I am planning on working on some beds once the storm is over. The virtual porch isn't as windy as the real thing today.

It's all good!

http://mscountrygirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

EleanorRose
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Eleanor
Manchester NH
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2010 :  2:54:48 PM  Show Profile
Hello! I'm just joining in, made my official farmgirl sisterhood order today. I'm currently living in the city, does balcony sitting count? Been out there planting seedlings. I just came back from an organic Earth Day festival and they gave us trees to plant, so I potted a lovely Douglas Fir. I'm watching the tiny lettuce leaves come up and I'm just waiting on the tomatoes, jalepeno peppers and basil. It's loud out here, across the way neighbors are out on the stoop listening to classic rock and cars whiz by, sirens blare, but I am dreaming of the next stop...suburban living with my inlaws for a year and in my head...my farm.

Earth-loving, Rock-star Mama.
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2010 :  2:58:24 PM  Show Profile
Michelle - I hope you and your porch are safe from the terrible tornados that went through Mississippi today!

Eleanor - welcome!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2010 :  3:00:14 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Welcome Eleanor! They is still plenty of room and hot oatmeal cookies out of the oven!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

amomfly
True Blue Farmgirl

658 Posts

Angie
LaGrange IN
USA
658 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2010 :  3:21:25 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Eleanor! Here it does not matter just join in and enjoy!

God Bless
Angie-amomfly
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2010 :  3:24:16 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Well put Angie!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2010 :  3:52:44 PM  Show Profile
I got my number today! I'm #1438! Now I just gotta figure out how to change my signature to add it in. Oh and my two oldest girls got rabbits today, so if you see one hoppin around let me know. We're still gettin the hutch ready for them.

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2010 :  6:48:22 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Eleanor...Hope you enjoy Sitting with us on The Virtual Porch. It gets kind of crowded some days but there is always room for one more.
~peggy

Lady In Red
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2010 :  05:40:05 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! Welcome EleanorRose, just gave my patio plants a drink and thought I'd pop in to see if there was anymore of that lavendar lemon curd and blueberry scones? Or some of those oatmeal cookies left? this is definitely the place to be if you're wanting a yummy homemade treat! I'll take some coffee or tea, whatever's still hot and steamy! It's going to be a lovely day here, 88' I believe the weather man stated...although this afternoon we'll be having some thunderstorms, so we may need to go in for awhile!
we had a turtle lay her eggs in our front yard this week! That was some excitement around here...my husband watched the whole thing and I got a play by play recall of it, since I had to go to work. I saw the mamma turtle though as I was pulling out of the driveway, and called him to come get her so she didn't get run over....if you're not familiar with Florida, they're everywhere....they crawl up out of the ditches and canals...it's fun to have her family in our front yard...

Living for today! aka: Paper Rose
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2010 :  08:32:11 AM  Show Profile
Hoe exciting for you Monica! I am from Florida and we had turtles in our yard all the time! Welcome Eleanor Rose. The more the merrier. I found a wonderful coffee at Target. It's cinnimon vanilla nut! I found some great scone recipes in the latest issue of Southern Lady. Maybe I will be ahnding them out in the morning!!!

It's all good!

http://mscountrygirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

cgonyer
True Blue Farmgirl

220 Posts

Cindy
Petersburg MI
USA
220 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2010 :  1:48:43 PM  Show Profile
I love this virtual porch sitting...it's a lot dryer than actually sitting on the porch ;-) Things have really "greened" up since all of this rain started!
Happy Sunday, everyone.

~Cindy
Farmgirl #1273
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2010 :  6:22:15 PM  Show Profile
yeah, and no mosquitoes, Cindy! HOw about that? Well, we just missed that big old thunderstorm that traveled across Florida this evening.....it was a lovely evening on the porch! I have to go study for my Horticulture test tomorrow evening!

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2010 :  6:25:03 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Eleanor! Glad to have you! I've been having computer troubles, and we had to take it in, so I'm using my Mom's laptop. Hope everyone is well!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2010 :  6:53:26 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
We missed you Megan! Glad you are back! Sorry to hear about the computer though. Hope you get it fixed soon.
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

EleanorRose
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Eleanor
Manchester NH
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2010 :  6:54:06 PM  Show Profile
Nice to meet you all! I'd love a scone and some tea, what's being served?

Anyone want to hold the baby?...well, she's not really a baby anymore, she's my baby, but she's 2 years old. Loves to sit in your lap and do back bends and bounce. I'm simply wore out for the day!

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2010 :  10:02:44 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I would love to take her off your hands Eleanor! I just love babies!
Hugs!
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  5:54:38 PM  Show Profile
Oh, I want to hold the baby when you are done Channah! I haven't held a baby for a while...my baby's 26 years old! I had my horticulture class tonight and on my way to school, I saw an aligator on the sidewalk near a busy street! I think everything is coming out of hiding after that torrential downpour we had this morning along with severe thunderstorms, tornado watches, etc. today! Only in Florida!

Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  7:06:40 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Eleanor , congrats angie on the new member
and channah congrats on the baby post pics think we would all love to see
been a way for the weekend up to cape cod
had a nice time, glad i went it poured here and the winds
were wicked so i've been told though is still raining
so not much i can do outside i got some new tea while i was away
its a chocolate tea so its a perfect night for it hot and sweet
with some walnut brownies...any takers lol
blessing deborah

http://jerseyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

EleanorRose
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Eleanor
Manchester NH
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  7:11:58 PM  Show Profile
I must be hungry, LOL, I read Angie's "Tornado Watches" as "Tomato Sandwiches", sorry! When I lived in Talahassee in the 90s all I remember was the sudden rain storms at about 2pm every afternoon, I wasn't aware there were tornados in Florida though!

Deb, I grew up on the Cape in Chatham, and I'm originally from Hightstown, NJ.

Nice to meet you both...and yes, everyone can hold the Sophia monster.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page