Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2014 :  04:11:13 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies -

It's a little creepy around here this AM. Last Friday night two state troopers were shot at our local barracks during shift change. One died, and the other is critical. Last night and this AM my township is being searched thoroughly for the killer(s) - roads shut down, road blocks, etc. Little scary. I almost don't want to go out and go to work, but can't let these people make us afraid. Please pray for the families of the troopers who were killed and injured. I sure hope they find the shooter soon.

Other than that - not much else new. I don't remember who asked (maybe Darlene?) what BF's new diet was for. He has been on a low sodium diet since he had congestive heart failure 3 years ago. He also had some kidney damage. Now his blood sugar is pre-diabetic, and the doctor says this is also making his kidneys worse. So, the diet is low sodium, low sugar, low carb and low cholesterol. He is hungry all the time,and I think is experiencing low blood sugar episodes since he gets weak/dizzy spells. Trying to figure out meal plans for him is a real challenge.

Judy - so good to hear from you. Take all the time you need to grieve, but know we're here with open arms whenever you want to stop by and sit a spell with us.

Anyway - have a good day all !

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2014 :  08:56:44 AM  Show Profile
Sorry to say I have just been lurking for a while. So much to read about!

My son's quilt is done. Just sent off a test letter to make sure he had his address correct. Here is a picture of the top before it was quilted.

I also made him 5 pillowcases with the leftovers.

My mom is in Utah for two weeks. Nice to have the house to myself. She keeps harping on me to find a place to live. I still have no job, and my fibro keeps me from being able to most of the ones I see posted. I applied to HUD the other day but it will take about 15 months before I get any help there. I want to start applying for supplemental disability. I don't have enough work credits for SSI. I know it will be a long road. Meanwhile my mom wants to move to Utah and I'm keeping her from that. It is a bit stressful at the moment. I was hoping my son and X would get a place together in California and I could move there, but my X didn't want to pay the high rent. I feel kinda stuck at the moment.

Anyway, the tea is all packaged and ready to mail. I just have to go to the post office.

Tammy, great picture of your boys and Shadow. So painful to say goodbye to our furry family members.

Heather, love the new baby!

Judy, you take a long as you want to grieve. It is a process that shouldn't be rushed. We all love you and know you are doing your best.

Peggy, have you thought about doing a posting on change.com? You can tell your son's story and get signatures (vertical)on a petition from people that support him and take them to the prosecutor. It has made a difference for a lot of people and efforts to change minds. It can't hurt.

Today is a sewing day. My allergies have been getting me down so not sure how long I will last. But I have new dresses to post on my Etsy store. Need to get to work.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2014 :  11:04:23 AM  Show Profile
Wow Luanne...that does sound pretty scary to have a couple of armed killers running free in
your Township. I hope they catch them soon. And I will pray for the Families of those officers.

Bunny...Oh, your son is going to love that Quilt! Who do you have that quilts it together for
you? My Mother In Law had a lady in Spokane that did it for her and I couldn't believe how much
she charged to quilt the top. But my MIL insisted it was the going rate. $100.00 at the time and
that was like 8 years ago.

Excited to get the Tea...thanks for being on TOP of it!!!

All You Girls Have just done great this year with your follow through. THANK YOU!

Judy...Love and Hugs to you girlfriend!

Patsy...you too girl!! Some times I forget to include you...only because you are
so quietly in the background. But I am sure you miss your mama as much as Judy does.

Well, girls...the day has cooled down a bit...which is so nice. We have a good cloud
cover and it is only suppose to be in the 80's today. Which is Lovely and a nice change.
Rain tomorrow and Thursday...but not looking forward to that at all. I'm not ready for
Fall and Winter Rains to come.

More Later My Porchies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2014 :  11:14:55 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the prayers, Peggy. Seems like things have quieted down here in town, and all the roads are back open. Don't know if that means they have stopped looking, or what, but I'll be glad when they find who did such a terrible thing.

Bunny - can't wait to get the tea - it's been really cold here already - too early for my liking. Plus, we are supposed to be going tent camping this weekend. Better find my insulated jammies !!!

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2014 :  12:26:33 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I have a friend back in California that quilts for me. It was expensive, but it would be anywhere. I know he will keep it forever. I found a quilting pattern that says USMC and little stars all over. The backing is flannel so he will love to wrap up in it.

Patsy, I agree with Peggy. You are so quiet! Prayers for you and your family. We all fell in love with your Momma too.

Well, I got 5 dresses photographed to put in my store. I did sell a dress yesterday. I'm waiting for some clothing from a customer that wants me to custom make something. It should have been here last week so I'm worried it is lost. Not good. I really need the money!

Time for lunch. I will get the tea in the mail on Thursday when I go into town.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2014 :  12:39:03 PM  Show Profile
Here are two items I have ready to post on my store later this week.

I'm tempted to keep the grey sweater. It is very comfy and oversized. I'll post it anyway and if it is meant to be, it will still be around for winter.

Later!!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2014 :  4:25:50 PM  Show Profile
Bunny...I Love, Love, Love both of those. I don't know which I like better...they are both so cute.
Also your son is going to love that quilt...and it will mean so much more because Mom made it for him.
Oh, I forgot to mention on my last post...that our son has thousands of signatures but the Judge is not
allowing them in for evidence.

Luanne...well at least things are calming down. Maybe they apprehended them or they believe they have moved
on to another town or area. Who knows. Just stay alert and safe. I guess we should always do that huh?

Well, I was hoping for a couple Farmgirl boxes to arrive today...but no such luck. I need a little boost
in the mail besides bills. LOL At least I got a few good magazines in the mail to browse through.

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2014 :  5:11:49 PM  Show Profile
The police have idenitifed the shooter, but haven't found him yet. He lives about a mile thru the woods from me. The town is crawling with police, TV crews, etc. We have been advised to stay inside and keep our doors and windows locked. Hope they catch him soon.

beekeepersgirl #691

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2014 :  5:23:10 PM  Show Profile
Luanne, stay safe! Hope they catch him soon.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2014 :  09:38:45 AM  Show Profile
@Peggy, to answer your question from Sept. 11 about what kind of farming I do…..I wish I was a big operation that grew wheat! I’m just a small homestead. We started off with one acre and I named our farm One Acre Farm.

We started just to provide for ourselves. Through the years it grew to 5 acres and also grew a business of selling products and value added products from the farm. Then we became an educational foundation. The education program would travel to local schools/daycares with an assortment of animals and give interactive lessons to groups of kids. We also had classes and workshops for adults that included how to have a small backyard homestead and how to butcher animals. We helped scout troops get their merit badges and had an intern program.

I speak in the past tense of "had" because a year ago my mom had a debilitating stroke and I needed to care for her 24/7. I sold off most my animals and kept just what we needed for the family. I closed the farm business. My sweet mom has since passed. Although I miss all of the busy-ness of the educational programs, I'm still uncertain if I'm going to start it all back up again.

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2014 :  09:58:06 AM  Show Profile
Hey gals, just taking a quick visit to the porch.

@Heather, LOVE your sweet new calf. So precious.

@Tammy, So sorry about the loss of your dog, Shadow. What a sweet pic of him with your boys.

@Judy, I am praying for your comfort and strength. I’m not quite to a year of my mom’s passing and I ache every day. We lived next door to each other and I saw her every day. I still find myself picking up the phone to call her and see if she wants to come over for morning coffee.

@Shannon, that is fantastic that the mass was not cancerous. Praise God!

@Peggy, I will stay in prayer for your son’s case. This is all so messed up.

@Luann, have they caught the criminal yet? So creepy. Plus, absolutely awful that an officer died. I pray the other recuperates.

@Bunny, the quilt is beautiful. So are the tops. You’re very creative. I’m praying that your situation gets better soon.

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2014 :  10:59:32 AM  Show Profile
Catherine...I'm so sorry for the loss of your mom too. You and Judy have a lot in common because her
mom lived close to her too and they saw each other almost if not everyday.

Your small Farm sounded amazing. The Educational Factor was great for the youngsters I'm sure.
I don't blame you for being hesitant to start it all up again. If I've learned one thing in
life I'm sure of...is that we have various Seasons in our lives...and when we move out of one
and into another...it is usually best NOT TO GO BACK...but to move forward instead.

Thanks to you and all the gals that said they would pray for my step-son. Prayer is so Powerful.

I love your bi-line from your daughter..."moma, you smell good like dirt" I love that earthy smell too. (+:

Luanne...I hope they catch the guy and you don't have to live in fear for days, weeks and months.
I saw it on the news last night...so, I knew that had not caught him yet.

Think I might go help hubby with his Process Serving Today. He likes the company a couple times a week and
I get to be out on rural roads with him...in lovely Farming and Lake Areas. So, I take my camera and shoot
pictures if I see something I really like.

More Later My Lovely Ladies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2014 :  12:19:16 PM  Show Profile
Tea is in the mail! Hope you all like it!
My son's quilt is on its way too. He should have it sometime next week after Wednesday. It's a military address so not holding my breath for a quick delivery. At least he knows it's coming.

The smoke from a nearby fire is terrible today. Everyone is having a hard time breathing. Hope they get it under control soon. We are always downwind it seems.

Peggy, enjoy your day out! Hopefully you won't have to deal with smoke from the fire.

Catherine, your 5 acre farm business sounded interesting. So sorry about your momma. Hard when you lived so close.

I'm tired after my jaunt I to town. I need to do some more sewing though. Time for lunch...later all.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2014 :  6:31:19 PM  Show Profile
Bunny that is the cutest jacket and sweater...I love them both...you do such beautiful work. Can't wait to get the tea.

Peggy what are you reading these days inquiring minds would like to know

Judy and Patsy I am keeping yall in prayer

Darlene I resorted to wine today instead of tea...little butterflies were stinkers...but still love them...hahahahahha

well just dropping by to say hello
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Whispers of Morning
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2014 :  11:58:48 PM  Show Profile
Bunny...got my Tea!!! Looks Wonderful. Thanks for the Tucks too!! And I am for sure going to try that
Recipe. Don't want to spoil it for others so I'm being a little evasive here. Blessings Friend!

Teacher Tammy...Oh, those little rascally Butterflies....they need to be sweet To Madame Butterfly and
not drive her crazy. It's too early in the school year. Let's see...I just finished two really good books
about Women who converted from Muslim to Christianity. One was called Face to Face with Jesus and the
other was called I Dared To Call Him Father. Both extremely good. The first one was about a 15 year old
girl and they second was about a 55 year old woman. Getting ready to start a new one tomorrow.

Luanne...I hope you aren't going camping in those Mountains with that guy still on the loose and hiding-out
somewhere in those hills.

I had Bible Study tonight and it was really good and we had a lively discussion on Heaven and Hell and what our
expectations of Heaven is verses what the bible has to say about it. Quite Interesting!

OK...my eyes are burning from over use tonight and they keep watering...so I'm going to say good night and
go flush my eyeballs with eye drops.

Sweet Dreams,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2014 :  02:54:47 AM  Show Profile
We have to decide this AM whether we are going on our trip - it is quite a ways from here, so we might be safer there than here at home. Wish this would all end - local roads closed again last night, tons of police, media, heliclopters. Some people down the road weren't allowed to go home - had to stay overnight in a shelter. Pray that they will find this guy soon.

beekeepersgirl #691

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2014 :  03:35:36 AM  Show Profile
Luanne - just wanted to pop in on here and say we are praying for your safety!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2014 :  03:39:04 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Shannon - this whole area is on edge. Our schools have been closed for the past 3 days and everyone is afraid to go outside, especially at night. Some local businesses are closed also. Please pray that this ends soon.

beekeepersgirl #691

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2014 :  7:37:45 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies! The weather has turned and we're getting a blast of summer like weather with temps in the 80's again (sigh). Where's my fall!!!!

Work has been a beast this week. I know I'm in the grass is greener on the other side mindset when I think maybe going back to Walmart will be better. They're in such desperate need of people that they've raised their pay again. Cashiers are pulling $12.40/hr, associates are $12.20/hr and night stockers are over $14/hr. Too bad their benefits are lousy or I might consider it. I'm still playing with part time but I'm going to see if I can add a couple hours more into my schedule. Better to work 16 hours and get paid overtime then straight pay for 20 hours. Also, M*'s been interviewing and got a voice message today saying they're going to offer him the position. We just don't know which shift. He's thinking second shift which is 2pm to 2am Monday - Thursday. He'd considered their third shift, which is Friday - Sunday 7am - 7pm but I was honest and told him I didn't think it would work for him to be home all week with me working from home. He had to agree with me on it. If he's gone in the evenings then I can possibly work more. We'll see.

I'm hoping to pick up a white table with white tiles on it and 4 chairs tomorrow from an online garage sale. Price $10!!! It will be nice to get rid of the 70'ish table and chairs that I was given after my divorce.

Bunny - Awesome quilt! I've been hankering to do one, just need to figure out what pattern and order some material. Actually military mail isn't too bad any more. Matthew is in Afghanistan and can typically get a package in a week. I agree with you on the grey sweater - it's gorgeous! What size is it?

Catherine - your homestead sounds wonderful. I would love to have one but as I'm quickly approaching the big 50 I'm not sure if it's doable. I'd hate to get into something that I can't physically keep up for years. I agree with Peggy the educational programs you offered are great. Wish there was something like that around.

Okay, time to go read and relax. I have a big day tomorrow. Yoga in the morning and then 20 pounds of peaches to can. I can't wait! There might be some peach cobbler on the porch tomorrow night.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Etsy: PrairieGpysyCrafts
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2014 :  10:24:28 PM  Show Profile
Hi Bunny...having a cup of your tea right now. Actually it is still steeping but
it smells good. Nice evening here but as you know the days are still hot. I will
look forward to the cooler weather this next week...but not three days of rain.

We really didn't get any of the smoke from the Fires here in Vancouver which is
good. So hard for people with asma (?) and COPD to breathe in that stuff.

Prairie Tammy...glad that Matt has a job offer. Hope that you can get some extra OT
hours from home if that is what you want.
Love the Picture you posted. October is my favorite month because it is my B-day
Month. (+: I just got all my stuff together to take to the DMV because I have to
renew my license this year and I want to get the enhanced drivers license...so, I
can go into Canada.
Wow...you got a good buy on that Table and Chairs! ~ What good books have you read lately?

Shannon...how are you feeling since you got home? I bet you will feel tired for awhile.
It seems like surgeries always take a lot out of me. Praying for that you will have your
energy back soon.

Luanne...I haven't heard any news tonight...but I pray that guy is found quickly...so your
Town and the whole area can breathe a little easier.

Today has been a weird day...it seemed like a Saturday all day! Crazy! I got a Swap gift
ready to mail. I did another craft I have been wanting to try...which is using Fall leaves
and decoupaging them on a glass mason or ball jar. Then you put some salt inside and set
a votive candle in the salt, then when you light it ...it has a nice warm fall glow through
the leaves. Put a little Raffia around the neck of the jar...and it looks very pretty and
Fallish.

I also finished one book and started a new one. Didn't feeling like cooking tonight so had
hubby get me a Burrito from Taco Bell. I haven't eaten any fast foods in 6 months...and it
really didn't taste that great to me.

Hey girls I have a question for you. Probably in the last year...whenever I drink TEA (hot or cold)
while I am drinking it my mouth gets very dry. I have never had that happen before...so just
wondering if any of you have had a similar reaction. It also doesn't matter if it is black teas,
green teas, or herbal teas.

Don't know what I will be doing tomorrow. DH is going to go work all day and I don't want to go in an
non A/C car in 90 degree weather. I love him...but I'm staying in my air-conditioned Apt. or going to
spend time with my kids.

Hope you all have some good plans for your Weekend. Life is Short...so go have some FUN!

Hugs and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 20 2014 11:00:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2014 :  09:47:42 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning everyone.
I forgot who asked about which sewing machine is a good one. I recommend Pfaff. They are reasonably priced compared to the others out there will all the same bells and whistles. If you can find a shop in your area that sells them, that is the best. You can sit down and try them out first. They can however be very expensive as you go up in what they can do. Bernina and Viking are good machines, but too expensive for their own good. Stay away from Singer. They are plastic and made in China now. Not your momma's Singer company anymore.

I sold the grey sweater hours after I listed it on my store. It was my favorite! I was kinda wanting to keep it. Oh well, I needed the money.

Peggy, glad you like the tea. I enjoyed it too.

Pr Tammy, Yay for Matt getting a job. As for him being home while you work, maybe you need to designate your work area off limits during the day. He just needs to pretend you aren't home.

Sewing day! Later everyone. Have a nice weekend. Luanne, hope they catch that guy soon!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2014 :  4:31:32 PM  Show Profile
Happy Fall Ya'll! Oh it is just gorgeous here today. I was running errands today and I tell you the colors just stunned me. I love this time of year. I told hubby it is time to get pumpkins and fall décor. I can't wait.

Peggy those sound like interesting reads. May have to see about those.

Bunny I am sad that grey sweater took off I liked it myself.

well ladies I just wanted to pop in real quick. I am off to enjoy some time outside.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Whispers of Morning
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2014 :  4:49:12 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies :) I wanted to take a moment and pop in. Life here is pretty rough. With having to scrub my house with bleach, I have split two of my incisions open. I am trying to do less, but my house still is not done. I still need to finish the girls' room, the two bathrooms upstairs, and my disaster... errr room ;) But God is intensely blessing us! Since my surgery I have not passed out, no migraines, and best of all, there is a new calmness within that I have never experienced. Well ladies, though it is early, I think I am going to head to bed so I can get up early to enjoy church tomorrow. Much love to you all and sweet dreams!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2014 :  3:29:00 PM  Show Profile
Hi Bunny, I got your tea package Saturday. Thank you.
Happy Blessed Sunday.
It's very, very windy here today. The cat doesn't even want to go out in it. It's one of those kind of days that my mom would have told Patsy and I to go out and play and 'get the stink blown off ya.' hahaha
We were suppose to get rain but we didn't. It's dry here.
Peggy, Dave can ride around in his old jalopy without a/c too and not care. Not me. If it's gonna be hot, I'm staying inside. Men! hmfp!
Well, time for a cup of 'Bunny-Brew'(hahaha)and my book....Beverly Lewis, 'The Confession'.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2014 :  4:50:46 PM  Show Profile
Hi all -

Just got home from our 3 day camping trip. We had a great time, did some fishing, built a campfire and just relaxed - it was wonderful. Now that I'm home, it's back to reality. Media trucks down the street, helicopters overhead, police & FBI combing the woods around us. I so wish this would be over soon.

Haven't been to the post office in a few days, so I'm sure my tea is there waiting for me - looking forward to it!

Have a good night everybody - thanks for all your kind thoughts and prayers for our little town.

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page