Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2014 :  12:25:41 AM  Show Profile
Hi Girls...

Judy...so happy to hear that your mama got her card. Sorry I was so slow...but maybe it was nice to have
them spread out a bit anyway. So, happy to hear that food is tasting better to her. That is awesome.
There are so few pleasures when a person is dealing with cancer...but happy to hear that she is having
this small bit of rejoicing. I remember my dad's last 6 months of life...nothing ever tasted good to him..
except Arbies Roast Beef Sandwiches. I felt badly for my mom because she would fix him anything that sounded
good to him and he would take a couple bites and push the food away. He felt badly, she felt badly and it
just was so hard not to get cranky about it all. ~ Glad to hear that Dave and Mama have had some good bonding
time lately too. That is really special.

PG Tammy...so happy to hear that your son is coming to live with you for awhile. I hope it all works out
between the two guys...I do remember they had some conflict before. Hopefully it will have smoothed over
and they will be fine. It is great that you have a spare room to put him. 5 years ago my youngest son had
a bad split with a girlfriend and even though he had his own apartment he felt like he really needed the
comfort and support of his parents at that time and he would come eat dinner with us every night then sleep
on our sofa. We didn't have a spare room in our apartment...but we wanted him there for as long as he felt
the need to be there. It lasted about 6 months and then his heart healed and he was back into his own place.
You just never out live parenting and loving them despite their difficult circumstances.

Darlene...I love good clam linguine. I swear I started smacking my lips just hearing about you making it. LOL
You still haven't told us how the Hospice thing is going for you.

Well, I got up this morning too late for Church...but youngest Son and Family called to see if I wanted to go
out to Father's Day Brunch with them over in Portland...and we would be meeting her dad and mom over there too.
My hubby had told the kids that he didn't want to have any Father's Day fuss...because his birthday is in a
week and he would rather have a get together on his birthday. So, I guess they though I could fill in for
dad today. LOL And I did. I also paid for my son's meal as my Thank You for being such a good daddy to my
grandson. We were gone for about three hours and just had a really good family time. I love Sadie's dad and mom
so much too. They are Wonderful. They are divorced and each have other people in their lives...but they get
a long really well...so, they are always fun to be around. And little Elijah is their first grandchild and they
are head over heals in love with this child too.

Then our son did come over later tonight to see his dad and give him a Father's day card and hug. My husband is
such an introvert...and just doesn't always like the big family shindigs...like the rest of us do. But I told
him...once the grand-kids started being born...that I was going to be very active in their lives...and he is good
with that.

Well, hope everyone else had a good Father's Day Weekend.

More Later My Lovelies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2014 :  03:20:16 AM  Show Profile
Judy - got your tea yesterday and can't wait to try them. Thanks for the recipes and seeds also. I love basil !!

Busy around here with summer finally arriving. We are also very shorthanded at work right now - so not much time for porch sitting.

Take care all -

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2014 :  2:16:50 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Farmgirls! Just another quick note. It will be great when I can concentrate enough to comment on everyone's news.

Judy- I did receive your tea on Saturday when we finally returned home. I opened the mail in my DS's hosp. room. I have to share your tea with him. Afraid he confiscated the Chai Black. He is a BIG tea drinker. He knew right away what Devonshire Cream was. I will try that oolong choc/mint tonight. I love basil. That will be fun to try to grow from seed! Usually I buy plants. Haven't done that this year. And, he has ordered that pie! Thank you, Miss giggle box! I don't know how you put this all together with everything else going on.
I was so happy to hear of your Momma's improvement! Sent her a little note today.

Well, girls, we brought DS home from hosp Friday evening. By 1:30 AM he was back in our local hosp. He was very sick with nausea and incredible headache. Drs. were literally stomping around the room. They were so mad that the other hosp. released him before he should have been. So they have done as much damage control as they can and sent him home again this noon. They did a great job abating the nausea and are trying to control the pain...but that will be the norm for awhile. DH will have back surgery on July 1 so, we have time to get ready for that. sigh. I know. It could be worse.
And, yes, Peggy..fibro has finally caught up with me today. But, there is also a "front" coming through, so it might lesson once that is past. Oh! I finished the book you sent me: Forget Me Knot by Mary Marks. (Get it, girls?) That Peggy is always on the ball. I enjoyed it so much that I pre-ordered the next in the series for my Nook! Thank you so much!
A fun thing!!!! I met someone who is teaching me to tat! DGD's mother in law. Yay! I've wanted to learn that for such a long time. She lives in another town. So, I will also rely on You-Tube for back-up. At least the directions make sense to me now.
Will talk at you later.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon

Edited by - forgetmenot on Jun 16 2014 2:20:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2014 :  6:46:37 PM  Show Profile

Judy...got my package today!!! I figured I was probably one of the last ones to receive it...just
because of where I live...so would take a picture. The Teas will be great!!! And the recipes are
stupendous. I want to make the Devon-shire Cream... like right now. LOL Thanks also for the seeds.
My kitchen window parsley, basil and cilantro are looking puny...so I may plant these seeds out in my
little garden. I love having fresh herbs. ~ I hope this was fun for you to do despite all the stress
of what your mama is going through. Sometimes it is hard to know if a person needs something else
to focus on for awhile or if that one more thing to deal with will push them over the brink. I didn't
hear you screaming as you went over the edge...so, it must not have been too bad. *giggle* Anyway,
girl...you did a nice little package for us all...so Thanks So Much!!!

Hi Luanne...bye Luanne!!! We know you are busy but soooooooooooooo appreciate you hopping on and letting
Judy know you got her Tea Pkg. Praying for your work load to become bearable again.

Judith...Oh, my goodness girl what an ordeal with your Son and now hubby has to go in for back surgery.
Maybe they can just let you have the other bed in the Hospital room....so you can collapse and get some
rest from all your hospital trips. Whew! I am tired for you and Judy and all you two are going through
with your loved ones.

Glad you liked the book! It just jumped out at me at the book store...and had to get it for you.
I will have to check it out on my Kindle. ~ Wow, you are going to learn Tatting. Awesome! One of the
Farm sisters tatted me a gorgeous Cross Bookmark for my Bible about 3 or 4 years ago. I just love
it! But it looks like such a challenge to do. So, tiny! But so gorgeous. Good luck with that...I am
happy for you.

OK...well, I think hubby might want some dinner, since it is almost 7:00. We had a Big Boomer of a
Thunderstorm awhile ago. We don't get those often. I loved it...the dog however thought the Fireworks
were starting early this year. Poor baby!!!

OK...more later girlies,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2014 :  08:54:41 AM  Show Profile
Hi gals, So glad ya'll are enjoying your "Tea Stuff." Of course I sent 'herbs'...I AM the 'herblady'...hahaha! I grew basil a few years ago from seed and I STILL have a ton of it in the freezer. It went nuts! So I figured you gals in warmer climates can grow it for sure too. I planted it right after the last frost. Hardy stuff. Just scratch the dirt a little, you know, just a tickle 'til it giggles, sprinkle the seeds, pull the dirt blanket to to their chins, give 'em a drink and walk away...slowly, as not to wake them...they will want another drink of water before they will go to sleep ...if you wake them. *giggle* As for the recipes, I figured, this is summertime, send simple stuff, something they might actually have time to make and enjoy. haha I have an 'Mayberry, Aunt Bee' cookbook that's packed full of stories, tidbits from the show and write-ups of the characters that (I) had even forgotten. Fun stuff.
All that to say, I'm glad you like it! *giggle*
Well, Mama had her 7th treatment yesterday and EVERYONE is so amazed at how her face is back to normal already...Dr's, nurses, everyone. She can actually sleep on that side now. As for the pain in her hip, her Oncologist will see her on the 24th and we'll see if he wants to start treatments or wait til she's done with radiology. He said he was going to wait. The radiologist(fill-in)we had yesterday(a 4 ft adorable, oriental lady), said that she wouldn't wait. Mama was actually taller than this Dr...and Mama is 4ft 11 in. hahaha Made Mama feel good to look down on a Dr. hahaha This Dr also said that the other Dr only ordered 20 treatments, not 30. She said, "Oh no, she won't need 30, she's doing good!" Yea!
Man, we had a nasty, slow moving storm system hit us yesterday like I haven't seen in years. It poured sheets of water against the north side of the house for an hour, the sky was black at 4pm so that the street lights were coming on, it lightening and thundered like we were doomed, the storm sewers couldn't hold it all and we had lakes all over town that weren't 'spose to be there....and I was alone. When Dave came home from work at 10, he said they had bridges closed and he had to go around. There are only 3 ways into our town and when this happens we only have 1 way in. The main part of our town sets up on a hill(good thing)and that's the only road we can use.
So...that's what's been going on here.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2014 :  5:39:51 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Judy,
I'm so happy for your Mama. Ptl she's better. Any step forward is a Thank You Jesus moment! How are you doing?

Peggy,
So nice your son includes you in everything they do. Really nice her parents get along. Makes for an easier life. My recent hospice patient passed. The last time I saw her she and I had a wonderful talk and she was very much at ease with where she was going. We aren't allowed to talk about religion unless they bring it up and then it's game on. If I can help bring peace to someone that's such a blessing. I'm waiting to get another patient. It's all volunteering and it fills the void from not being able to do nursing. I'm so glad I'm doing it.

PGT
Hope it is going well with your son. My friend just came back from Italy. They planned on moving there when they retired but she got ovarian cancer so that changes that plan.

My garden is growing so well. I am doing square foot gardening in raised beds. My husband had to do most of it since my back is soooo bad. The spasms can put me right on the floor. We've eaten kale and salads so far.

Well I'm posting this because I keep losing what I'm typing. I don't get it?

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2014 :  7:25:51 PM  Show Profile
Judy, that is wonderful news about you sweet momma. I also got my tea. So many fun recipes! Thank you for the basil seeds. My favorite herbs! I put basil in my BLT's.

I have been busy sewing. I'm making a baby quilt for my niece. I made three dresses for Altered Couture magazine. They emailed me and asked for submissions.

PGTammy, wonderful news about your son. I hope everyone gets along this time. I know how nice it is to have our children close.

My last quarter at school starts in a week. I'll be done in September. I applied for a job at the local college here again. I sure hope I get this job. I pet sit for the lady doing the hiring. Plus, I'm doing an internship in the student administration department.
I'll know in about a month.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2014 :  4:03:37 PM  Show Profile
Busy week getting Jordon settled in. He's applied for a couple jobs already online. Crossing fingers he gets something he'll like and that pays well. He's settling in though. He's been running every day and bought some weights to work out with. He's gained 15 pounds and he's wanting to drop them. I personally think he looks a lot better with the extra poundage, he was looking anorexic for a while. He's eating better than he use to though so that's a good thing. He's worked midnights for the last 4 years so he's slowly getting his body use to not being up all night. He's getting better with his sleep schedule. I'm not sure what he's going to do if he gets a job before we go to MN camping since he won't have transportation. We'll figure something out.

We went yard saleing and then to the shooting range yesterday. Jordon was already burnt from his being out running but him and I both got a bad burn even with sunscreen on yesterday and I ended up with symptoms of sun poisoning. Thankfully I felt better today although I'm still tired. Today was catching up on the chores for us here at home. M* got the 4 wheeler going and him and Jordon were riding around the yard and neighborhood on it.

Bunny - Military personnel getting Dear John or Jane letters is extremely common. It's sad because they usually do it at the worse time for the soldiers mentally. It's better to get it over with then marry and end up in divorce because they couldn't handle the military life though.

RoDonna - Allergies have kicked in here for both my son and I. Mine are causing sinus issues as well. I've started using an oil burner in the morning and using eucalyptus , pine, and tea tree oil EOs. It seems to be helping with some of the sinus issues.

Judy - So glad to hear that the treatments hare helping your mother.

Well I think I'm going to try and work on my rug so I can get it done. I finished up a jute one that's been sitting there for weeks waiting for me to put the scalloped edge on it. Before weaving the ends in I'm going to wait and see if I like the size, I'm thinking it might be a bit to large. Strawberries over lemon pound cake with fresh whipped cream are on the porch - serve yourselves :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2014 :  4:51:22 PM  Show Profile
Hi Girls...as you can see I've started waiting for others to post (even if it takes days) so I'm not
on here talking to myself. I like myself just fine but jeesh I'm not really wanting to hear myself think
or talk. I get enough of that on a day to day basis. LOL

Bunny...so happy to hear that Altered Couture wanted more submissions from you. That is always a good
sign that they love your work and think you are spot on in your designs. ~ I bet you are feeling good
about almost being finished with your schooling. Good for you! Hope you get the job there at the College.
Seems like they could find something there for you and being one of their students seems like a no-brainer
on their part.

Judy...hope you are getting a bit of rest and relaxation this weekend. You sounded more up-beat and more your
funny self in your last post. And we all love your humor girl!

PGT...Sounds like your son is getting settled right in. It is always a good thing when they seriously
jump right in looking for a job. Nothing bugged my hubby more than the kids not working when they could
and just lazing around living off mom and dad (this was while they were H.S. and College age even).
All three of my boys turned out to be really hard workers and good providers because they learned that we
worked hard and expected the same from them. So, many of my friends have lazy adult children who still
expect mom and dad to support them... that is a bunch of bunk and more the parents faults than anything.
So, all that to say you should be happy that he is really trying from the get-go to find work.

Yesterday, DH had a Property Serve to do up by the Washington Coast...beautiful drive...so, I went along
too. We had the best day together enjoying God's Creation and visiting about hopes and dreams we still
have (even at our age) and we stopped for some ice-cream...as it was just that kind of day. First Day of
Summer and it really felt like it too. Then we came home in the early evening and the kids wanted to go
out to a Movie and dinner so we got to have our lil' man over. He is so much fun. We laugh and laugh
together. Grandmama just likes to be silly with him and he eats that up. His Mom and Dad got back way too
early...and we joked that they were turning into an old married couple. They said it first and I had
to agree. My son had worked yesterday and was tired. He usually has Weekends off but sense he is the Manager
if some one needs the weekend off he is the fill in person.

I have been working on some crafting and reading a lot. Also, finding all kinds of good TV... programs to
watch on Antenna TV streaming through Kindle Fire Prime, Netflix and Hulu Plus. It is usually the British
Drama's that I really like. And Larry and I are still working our way through all the Seasons of 24.
I found one I am really enjoying called Titanic...Blood and Steele. It is all about the building of the
Titanic in Belfast Scotland...during the Industrial Revolution. It is like a good Historical Romance.

Well, need to get ready to go do a late evening serve with DH over in Oregon. I just go along for the drive
and time together. Have a good evening ladies and I am leaving a Pitcher of Strawberry Lemonade on the
Porch for you all.

Hugs and smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2014 :  5:07:15 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls -
Tragic weekend here - the 20 year old granddaughter of one of our very good friends was murdered on Friday night. Everyone in the area is just devastated. Apparently she had gotten in with a bad crowd and drugs were involved. It was her own uncle who shot her. Just so terribly sad. The grandparents are wonderful, loving, hard-working people. Would appreciate prayers for the family.

Other than that - took a day off from work on Friday and went fishing at a small lake about an hour from here. We had a wonderful, relaxing day. I needed a "sanity break".

Will be going on vacation soon - can't wait.

Will pop on again as soon as I get a minute.

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2014 :  10:58:36 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Luanne...is that horrible or what? Just so difficult to endure for all family and friends.

I will pray for them.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2014 :  12:15:59 PM  Show Profile
SO sorry to hear about that poor girl Luann! Will pray for everyone.

Thanks for the lemonade Peggy! It's wonderful on a hot humid day like today (and everyday for the past week!)

Tammy - glad to hear your son is settling in. Aren't sunburns the worst. I burn easily too. Even with the sunscreen.

Judy - sorry I didn't let you know sooner, but thank you for the wonderful tea package. I am so excited to try the mint chocolate - as soon as the heat and humidity break. I've seen it in town but was afraid to buy it until I tried it. Now I can!!!! SO happy to hear mama is doing so well.

Bunny - that's great news that the magazine is asking for your stuff!

Judith - praying for your family. What a tough time for all of you.

Darlene - I do have pictures of the calves, but I can't seem to post them. I might have to e-mail Brian and see what's going on. We've had a lot of bulls and only 7 heifers so far. Both the cows I mentioned were 10 days over due before they had their babies.

Well, I've been super busy farming and making gifts for father's day and my hubby's birthday. I tried to make a rug - crocheted. You'll all get a chuckle out of it when I can post pictures!! First off I ran out of yarn. Second - I start out with nice tight stitches and the further along I get the looser (bigger) they get. I actually lost 4 stitches, but the end is a couple inches wider than the beginning. I guess I better stick to dishcloths. At least they've been pretty square so far. Well, I'm going to post this and see if I can upload on another post so I don't loose this one.

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2014 :  11:42:33 AM  Show Profile

It seems my problem with uploading was patience! I didn't wait long enough for the photos to upload. Usually a little circle comes up that says my computer is working. It stopped coming up so I thought it wasn't working. Anyway, Here's the gift I mentioned a bit ago I was making. It's a clothespin bag I made for Connie (Killarney). I love it so much I'm going to have to make myself one as soon as I get some free time. Might be a while!

Let's try some calf pictures:

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2014 :  12:55:23 PM  Show Profile
Heather...Connie will love that!!! She is a FUN FARMSISTER!!!

Love the Calf! I would call it Sweet Heart!

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2014 :  2:10:47 PM  Show Profile
PGTammy, so glad your son arrived and is settling in. Hope you aren't working too hard.

Judy, how is momma doing? Much better I hope.

Peggy, you are so lucky to be able to spend so much time with your grandson! They grow up so fast.

Luanne, how terrible for her family. What a tragedy!

Heather, how cute is that calf!! Very nice clothespin bag! I too have issues with patience. At least now you know.

I have one more quarter of school left. I can't wait to be done. Not much else going on. I finished all my homework for today. The first week is always the easiest. So I'm working on a dress that needs a little rearranging.

Here is a picture of my youngest the last day of Marine basic training. The last leg of the Crucible.

He got in the year book for their company.

Off to the sewing room...

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2014 :  3:12:42 PM  Show Profile
Bunny...great Marine Picture. He looks like he is on Active Duty somewhere.
Let's pray they don't send him over to Baghdad or Afghanistan. Still such a HOT-Bed.
And I don't ever see it getting better over there.

I took my hubby and youngest son's family to dinner last night for hubby's birthday.
So, I got more time with the little guy. He was busy throwing his food on the floor
and flirting with all the waitresses. He is one busy busy busy little boy. But such
a charmer...that is going to keep him alive. LOL We call my husband The Baby Whisperer
because he always whispers little stories in Elijah's ear and Elijah just goes all quiet
and mellow and leans his head into granpapa's shoulder. It is so cute.

Well, the Fibro is flaring but the Fatigue is worse. I feel like I could sleep for
a week. So, that is why I am doing little posts in spurts.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2014 :  8:21:40 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Luanne
How terrible. I must have missed the news about that poor girl. People are getting crazier all the time a d they just kill someone for looking at them wrong. Prayers for them. What lake did you go to?

Judith
How's your son doing? Your hubby have his back done yet? Prayers continue.

Judy
How's Mama?

Bunny
Great picture of your son. How's the GF situation. Is he doing ok?

Heather
Sweet baby with a heart on her forehead! Cute clothespin bag. Lucky Connie!

Peggy
How's your Daniel Plan going?

Have a new hospice patient. Sweet lady. First day I went she grabbed my hand and started rubbing my arm and hand and told me how nice it was to have someone so nice visiting her. She doesn't talk much and I was shocked. What a blessing for both of us.
Garden growing like crazy! Getting a haircut tomorrow. I always hate to get it cut but it's so long I can't stand it. Since the chemo it grew in curly and thinner on top so we'll see what happens!

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2014 :  03:58:54 AM  Show Profile
Darlene - we went to Lake Alden up above Bethany (near Honesdale). It is a small lake, but beautiful and fairly quiet for fishing - not too many jet skis and speed boats.

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2014 :  07:03:31 AM  Show Profile
Darlene, my son has been pretty depressed about his girlfriend. But his buddies and instructors have been really good at helping him deal with it. It doesn't help that he is really bored where he is right now. He is in school in NC to be a helicopter mechanic. He took a picture of his room. Such a depressing gray space. But he will find out his permanent post soon. Then it will be more like a home.

Peggy, the picture is of the last day of basic training. They had this terrible hill they had to March up. At the top, they got their marine emblem. He said they all cried they were so glad to have made it.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2014 :  09:23:27 AM  Show Profile
Bunny......congrats to the boy for his accomplishment!! He'll get through that girlfriend thing....sending him good vibes!!

Luanne....so sad for the family of the girl murdered. Sending prayers.

Peggy...loved the story of Grandpa and the boy! :)

Darlene....it's nice to know how much your hospice patient appreciates you! :)

Heather....love the pics. The calf is so cute...such a pretty face with that beautiful heart on his forehead. :) I like Peggy's choice of names! Or maybe Sweet Tart! :)

PGTammy..so nice that Jordan is settling in.....sending prayers for a new job post haste! :)

Judy....glad to hear Momma is on the good path and is able to sleep on her bad side! :)

My best to all,
Mel
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2014 :  12:32:48 PM  Show Profile
Hi Girls...

Darlene...you and I must have been thinking like sisters...I got my hair cut this morning too. I have to say
that this is the first time anyone has ever made my hair look like an Old Ladies...when she styled it. She just
used a curling iron but Oh my gosh I looked like one of those bobbie-pin curled women with blue hair. You've
all seen them in the beauty shops I'm sure. Good Grief!!!
As soon as I got out of the shop I messed it up as best I could. I never curl my hair because I have so
much natural wave....that I just blow dry my hair and let the waves do their thing. All I can say is
I am glad the hair cut itself was a good one. She asked me if I wanted her to style it and I said, "Yes,
just blow dry style it." Well, when she blew it dry...she straightened with a brush...so then she had
to put curl back into it. I wanted to grab the blow-dryer and brush and smack her with them. LOL Geesh!
See, why I normally cut my own hair???? But every 3 or 4 months I feel like I need to get it evened up
in the back. Good thing it's just hair and I'm an ex-stylist. I usually don't freak when someone cuts
my hair because I can always fix it or it grows really quickly so I don't worry if they get it too short.
But even though I am an older woman...I don't want to look like my Mother. LOL ~ Glad you have a sweet lady
to visit for Hospice...someone who appreciates your visits and help. ~ Daniel Plan is going fine...but I sure
am NOT loosing the weight I wanted to on it. I can see that my face is thinning and my thighs but it is more
inches that weight loss. A bit frustrating in that regards but I am still loving eating this way. Much more
Healthy.

Bunny...hope your son soon gets over the girlfriend. Maybe he will find a new one...where ever he gets
stationed. There are usually more women to men ratio in this Country.

Judy...are you lurking girl??? We need to hear how Mama and you are doing.

Hi Mel...glad to see you on The Porch. What is keeping you busy these days? I thought your name of Sweet
Tart for the Calf was cute too. Not that Heather cares...as I am sure she has already named it. It is
so cute though...isn't it???

Well, my head is throbbing so I am going to go lay down for awhile. More later girls.

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2014 :  12:53:13 PM  Show Profile
Glad everyone liked my bag and my calf picture. Unfortunately it was one of the bulls so he didn't get a name from us. It would probably have been Lucky. He was a big boy and was stuck in him mama. He had some issues with his legs and hip for a few days, but within a week he and his mama were doing just fine :) We did name a pretty red and white bull Sweet Pea a couple years ago - he's now in our freezer :)

We had some amazing thunderstorms roll through during evening milking last night. It would lightning and then crack and the thunder would boom so loud! We got 3/4 of an inch of rain in about 20 minutes before it let up. It looks like there might be another one brewing again. I do wish we could get a little break from the rain. The poor cows haven't been able to get to the pasture for over a week. We're running out of straw and we can't get in the fields to fertilize our sorgum/sudan grass. Other farmers can't get their hay made either. The weather just seems to be doing crazy things. At least we haven't had the vertical wind storm we've had the past 2 years.

Well, I need to go do some laundry before milking. We're taking my niece and nephew to the lake tomorrow. It should be a fun time. Cross your fingers it doesn't storm!
Hugs,

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2014 :  8:14:37 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Peggy
I hate my haircut! My husband kept saying to get rid of the old lady haircut I had. It had grown in slightly curly and was below my shoulders. So I went to a friend that I used to go to 30 years ago. I showed her my picture that I liked my hair on. She said It was great. She showed me a few pics in a book and the pic I said I didn't want is what she did! I am so annoyed. I think this is the old lady cut. I feel like shaving my head. Thankfully my hair grows fast but until then, yikes! The worst part is I paid for something I didn't want! The only thing I can say is it's cooler and at least I have hair! Once you get over the hill they don't care what they do to you! I didn't have a wig when I had chemo but now I want one! LOL!

Luanne
I never heard of that lake. Did you see all the Pa sisters on here? We should try and hook up.

Heather
Hope the weather straightens out for you. We have had a lot of rain too and tonight we had a rip roaring thunderstorm!

Bunny
The right girl will come along but young hearts break easily. We can relate!

My garden is so abundant I can't believe it. I have broccoli and swiss chard ready now. All my tomatoes(55) are all flowered up as well as all my squashes, peppers and eggplants. YUMMY!

Catch you all later!

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2014 :  8:11:32 PM  Show Profile
Hi gals, love all the pics. Yes, I've been lurking, but it's been so late by the time I read all your posts that I was too tired to type. Lol
Well, I took Mama to her 15th treatment today(only 5 left) and she showed me her ankle and said it hurt.It was red'n purple and swollen. So I asked the Dr. To look at it and she freaked out and said that she had to call the cancer Dr. He was booked solid and said for her to go to the E.R....around the corner. Good thing Mama's treatments are in a building adjoining the hospital. Mama has celulitis(sp)bacterial skin infection.
That was at 1:30.They ended up admitting her for IV antibiotics, it works faster than pills I guess. Time is of the essence since she has no immune system to speak of, like you and I do. I ended up leaving the hospital at 9pm. I'm tired girls! I awoke at 8:30 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. At least she didn't have any blood clots like they feared.
So, that's what's been up with us lately!
Good-night Buds!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2014 :  10:29:03 AM  Show Profile
Here's something to brighten your day. I wondered what was happening to my flowers - now I know!
The four playful little kittens are having a lot of fun in them :) Hopefully we'll have another calf by tonight. The one that was due 11 days ago was starting to drip milk this morning. We'll see what happens. It could be a couple days yet.

Judy - I sure hope you and mama get a break soon. I pray that these antibiotics along with the last radiation treatments will allow her a nice extended period of time with out any pain and then you can both enjoy some R&R.

Darlene - that's such a bummer about your hair. Especially since you said you didn't want it like that. I haven't had my haircut in at least 6 years. I should at least go get it trimmed, but it's so nice to be able to pull it up in a bun when it's hot out. My tomatoes aren't doing much yet, but I noticed this morning the green beans are flowering :) I picked a couple cucumbers too. We seem to have a strawberry shortage this year. Usually there's a farm that sets up stands in town and their sign says sweet corn in July so I guess they don't have any berries this year. Which is a bummer because I love to get a couple buckets - one for eating and one for jam.

Well, I better get some lunch. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page