Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 19 2014 :  6:28:25 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies,
I do hope yall are doing well this evening. It is official I am done at school except for Thursday. Another teacher and I are trading desks. She wants my larger one, I want her smaller one. But we need hubbies to help so we will do that on Thursday but I am on break and celebrating with caramel popcorn from tea guys. Can I just say they have some fine teas. I am still sampling.

I am enjoying planting my flowers and when hubby returns later this week we are going to find a small area for me to play in the dirt. I am excited. This past weekend we went to several graduations and they were very nice. I gathered a few ideas for next year for my own sons.

Judy keeping your sweet mama in my prayers.

Bunny are you done with school?

Peggy I love the magazine. I will have to look for that the next time I go to Barnes and Noble. That of course I hope is in the near future...lol...of course hubby might not agree hahaha

well ladies I am off to finish my bible lessons for class tomorrow night.

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Today Is The Day
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 19 2014 :  7:34:02 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, I'm still in school. I thought I was going to graduate after summer but my adviser scheduled me for a class that wasn't online this summer. I could have taken it this quarter. I'm not too thrilled with my college adviser. So, I have to take it in the Fall assuming it is offered online.
I do have some good news. I am taking a class that is sort of an internship. I will be working at the local college here with the administrative assistant in the student services department. Everyone knows me because I have taken almost 3 years worth of classes. Anyway, I went to see her for something else the other day and she got up and closed the door. She told me there was another administrative assistant retiring and my name was mentioned. It would be perfect if I could get hired. I would be able to save up a bunch of money so I could someday go back to California and I would have the experience I need to get a job there. So, fingers crossed. I of course won't know anything for quite a while and not holding my breath. I thought I was a shue in last time.

Mom is back from Calif. for good. I'm trying to stay sane. She has all these pains and has doctors doing all kinds of tests. Maybe Judy should bring momma here. My mother can get doctors to do mri's, cat scans and xrays up the wazoo. Drives me nuts.
Then she finds out she has a bone spur, arthritis and bursitis. She adds to the list every time she sees me. She loves to have all these pains so she can get attention from all the doctors.

Anyway, weather here is nice finally. I hope it just stays cool for a little while longer. I open my window at night and it is so nice to breath fresh air.

later all!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 19 2014 :  8:21:55 PM  Show Profile
Teacher Tammy...Celebrate, Celebrate, Celebrate Girl...School's Out For Summer!!!
I just got my Susan Branch Special Blend of Tea...called "A Fine Romance" and I'am
having a cup of it right now. It is a blend of Lavender and Roses with a hint of
Citrus. I don't like the smell as well as I like the taste.

Bunny...sorry that your Mama is back stirring things up. I am sure you don't like
or need the drama. She kinds of sounds like my Grandma (my mom's mom) she was a
complete hypochondriac. She was on over 60 medications when she died. That is so
totally insane. And she wore each one of her symptoms like a badge of courage.
So sad!

I am so sorry you have to have that one class hanging over your head. What a bummer.
But I am so excited for your job opportunity with the College. I will pray that they
get their act together this time and that you will be able to handle the work load
with your Fibro. There is a new picture on FB right now that shows what Fibro would
look like if you could seen through a persons skin. I think I will post it on here
because it makes people aware of the pain we suffer even though we look OK on the outside.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - May 22 2014 :  08:09:48 AM  Show Profile
Friends, I am on for just a minute. Thank you, all who are praying for my son and our family. DS now has bronchitis. So, we just learned surgery is to be rescheduled for after his meds have run the course. That will be about 14 days down the road. Just wanted to let you know. Hugs.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 23 2014 :  7:34:24 PM  Show Profile

Have you ever seen an Ice-Cream Tulip? Isn't it pretty? I would love to have some of
those. They look like they would be huge blooms when they opened up.

Well, it sure has been dead quiet on The Porch. What is up? Did everyone go out of town
for Memorial Day Weekend??? We are going no where. Quiet on our Home Front.

Right now I am waiting for my little Grandson. Mommy and daddy are going out for the evening.
I love having him over to play. He is so fun!!

I just wrote a new Blog about Elijah and the grand-daughters. You will have to go on my blog
and check it out. Elijah turns One in 3 days but we aren't having the Party until next weekend.

I will check back on here later...when I don't have to talk to myself. LOL

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - May 24 2014 :  03:51:08 AM  Show Profile
Hi Peggy -

I didn't want you to feel lonely - so I stopped by the porch for just a minute! Have to leave shortly to go help at our library's book sale. It will be a busy weekend. Next weekend we will go to my Mom's in Vermont to help her change her closets from winter to summer clothes, plant some cemetery flowers, put in her air conditioner, etc. - things that she just can't do herself anymore (she's 85).

Hope you have a great weekend and that the weather will be nice. It's supposed to be showery here today but then getting nicer the next couple of days.

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 24 2014 :  11:16:44 AM  Show Profile
Hi Luanne...thanks for coming to visit. It was rather lonely here all by my lonesome.

Weather here is good until tomorrow then 5 days of off and on showers.
Just got back from my walk. Very overcast but dry. Dry is all I need to feel better.

Sounds like you have a busy couple of weekends in store. Ours is quiet this weekend but
next weekend is the grandson's first birthday party. Family and friends will be here from
out of town. We are having a big BBQ with 40 people expected.

Well, off to go to Barnes and Noble for awhile.

Have fun and stay safe on all your travels.

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 27 2014 06:11:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 24 2014 :  11:54:55 AM  Show Profile
Happy Saturday ladies,
I just thought I would pop in and say hello. We can't allow Peggy to be lonely. I just took some time away from computer to refresh with family and friends. It is nice to not have to worry about grading papers, etc.

Beautiful day here. Just hubby and I as the boys are at a 4h show with their calves and pigs. They are old enough now they don't need us in their way. I go to most of their shows but it was nice to not go today. I am just not quite ready to be busy again.

well I am going outside to see where I can get some flowers planted and decided to do something different with front too. Not sure yet, but going to do something.
love to you all
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 26 2014 :  8:44:37 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls, for those of you who sent Mama cards, Thank You, from both of us. She loved them all. We are under lots of stress. Wednesday is when she gets measured for a mask of some kind, I guess it protects her face from stray rays and directs them to the correct spot for accurate zapping power. They said when they start the radiology that it will need to be a 10 minute session Monday thru Friday, every day for a month. UGH! Today she told me to find her a nursing home because she just doesn't have the energy to keep an apartment. Plus her eyesight and hearing are so bad that she's constantly dropping and spilling things. That bothers her. Please remember us in your Prayers! How do I put such a Precious Mama in a home like I'm just placing an old pet with somebody I don't even know. Such Precious cargo to hand over to strangers!
God Help Me! It will have to be a very SPECIAL place! This will be her last earthly abode before she goes "Home" to be with Jesus! I want her to enjoy it....she deserves the BEST! I'm sure it's for the best, to prepare both of our hearts for separation. We've been so close. She told a friend of ours that having Daddy in a nursing home helped her to separate from him a little when he had dementia so badly. They were always together. Our friend is having trouble with being alone after her husband died a little over a year ago. They were always together and when he got cancer her kids and her kept him at home until the end. They all pitched in and helped. Now she's having problems coping.
So all of this change is going to be tough on both of us.
I'm glad I have you girls to share this with. Most of you probably feel like you know her since I've shared so much of her with you.
Thanks girls! Thanks for listening and caring!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 27 2014 :  06:48:25 AM  Show Profile

HAPPY ONE YEAR BIRTHDAY TODAY GRANDSON!!! Mommy & Daddy worked hard that day you were born!!!!

I took this picture of Elijah last week when he was with me. It seems like a year has past by so quickly but then
when I think of that day in the hospital a year ago...it seems like a millennium ago.

It is hard to believe how much JOY this little man has brought into ALL of our lives. He keeps his Grandmama
grinning from ear to ear with all his antics. And IF I could bottle his laughter...and sell it...I would
be a very rich woman. LOL

We are all looking forward to the big Birthday Bash this Saturday. I pray it doesn't rain as it will be
near impossible to get 40-50 people in Shane & Sadie's house. The have a big backyard deck and party
slab if the weather cooperates.

Judy & Patsy...I still have your Mama's Card sitting here. I will try to get it mailed out this week.
I think you are right Judy...God is giving you the time to adjust to separation. It won't be easy
but it will serve it's purpose. My first MIL in Spokane...had the nicest Nursing Home...with wonderful
care givers...and it didn't seem like a Nursing Home at all. It was small and looked more like a
Retirement Center. I hope you can find something like that for your Mama. I have been in other Nursing
Homes that smelled like antiseptics and death...Not so Nice!

I know when my little sister died...I was in the middle of packing and moving and didn't have time to
breathe. But because Debby was on long term hospice for 4 years...we had not left anything unsaid between
us. I use to beg God to take her home so she wouldn't have to continue to live cooped up in her home and in
so much pain...but after she died, and we were all moved into this Apartment...God spoke to my heart and
told me that he kept her here so long...so, I would be prepared to let her go...and I was. I was so
thankful too that God revealed that truth to me. And like I said...Debby and I had left no stone un-turned
between us. We had talked nearly every single day for 4 years. We even had the hard talks about her imminent
death and what to expect. And we told each other a billion times how much we loved each other. I still miss
her but I had grieved for her for four years before God called her home. So, when she died I was relieved
and happy that she was in a better place. A place with no pain, no tears, and no bad memories.

Big Hugs My Farmgirl Sisters...be soooooooooooooooo thankful that you still have time and God is preparing
your hearts and her home-coming.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 27 2014 :  2:03:00 PM  Show Profile
Peg, thanks for that! I remember going thru that with you and 'yes', I could tell that you were ready to let go. That's where I hope to be too when that time comes. Mama has been so giving all her life and I hate seeing her suffer like this. It's so sad. Patsy and Jim are here visiting her right now. They came up from camping to spend the afternoon with us. I'm sure it will shock them to see her face like it is. Mama said last week that 'she hoped it wasn't long til...whatever...whichever way it goes.' Those were her words exactly. I really feel that she wants to go home. Just think, she will see her own Mama for the first time since she died when Mama was 2. Grandma was in her early 30's. A childbirth death. Sad... but it will be an 'oh so happy' reunion. Patsy was just saying today how she wishes she could turn the time back. I thought about it a moment and said, 'Not me, there are too many people on the other side that I want to see and be with!' That's where my heart longs for. I never had kids so I guess I just don't have a longing for earthly times ...and my memory keeps all the happy past-times, so I really don't care to stay any longer that I have too. BUT... it's in God's hands! I go when He calls me.
Ok...didn't mean to say all of that...sorry. Bear with me thru all of this, please!
Have a great day girls!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 27 2014 :  7:22:06 PM  Show Profile
Oh Judy, don't ever apologize for sharing your feelings and heart. That is what we are here for. I remember how you
were ALL there for me when I both lost Bella my dog and when I lost my Sister. You all let me vent and share my true feelings.
We are here for you girl. And as we get older we need to let go of this World and be looking forward to Heaven. That is
why I decided to teach this Fall on Randy Alcorn's book Heaven. If we are running this race to get there...then we need
to know more about it than we do. Yes, we know our loved ones who have gone before us...will be there and that will be
awesome...but there will be more to it than that...because we are going to be living there for Eternity...we aren't going to
just sit around on big fluffy clouds playing harps.

I am glad that Patsy is there visiting. And I pray that your mama will soon feel better once that lump starts going down.

Keep leaning on The Father Sister...He loves you so much! And Mama and Patsy too.

Teacher Tammy...hope you are relaxing, reading and soaking up some sunshine.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - May 31 2014 :  6:54:10 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies! I finally made it back in. Unfortunately I haven't had time to take pics of what I've been up to. I ordered more jute and made a small oval with a scalloped border. As soon as I get the ends woven in I'll take pictures as I need some to put up on my Etsy store. Yep, I opened an Etsy store - PrairieGypsyCrafts! So excited, hope I sell a little but not looking to get rich or anything. I'm still trying to decide pricing on these. It will obviously depend on size and what materials I use. I know the lady that I bought my how-to video from is selling them for about $55 and that includes s&h. Bunny and wisdom on pricing?

I also bought a weaving frame. I'm really glad I did because after getting mine I don't think M* could have gotten all the spacing that evenly done. The one's I'd been looking at used nails to wrap the warp threads around but this one actually has wooden pegs. Here's what I've gotten done so far. The picture doesn't do justice to the colors. I quickly realized I was going to need an easel or I'd be in constant back pain. M* wanted to make me one until I started explaining what I needed and he realized it would have to be height adjustable. I found a cheap field easel in the art department at Walmart for $20 and he added a board to it to support the frame and I have a workable easel. Not pretty, but functional.

In addition to my rug making I bought my fishing license and we've been going fishing every weekend since :O) Haven't caught anything though but still trying. I'd planned on working on the woven rug Monday but his buddy offered to take us out on his boat and M* wouldn't go unless I went. It was nice to get out and get some sun. Peggy sorry you were lonely but there fishing to be done LOL

M* hit me with a shocker two nights ago. He says he knows how much I want a camper next year (since I didn't get it this year) but he wants us to take a trip - to Italy next year! He's been there already but would like to take me. I'm getting a bit excited about it lol. Hope I don't get my hopes up and get disappointed.

I also made doggie bisquits! I'm getting so concerned with the amount of junk put in these and all the recalls so I'm going to make my own dog treats now since I don't have a doggie bakery around any more. I bought 2 doggie cookbooks by Three Dog Bakery. There site has a bunch of recipes on it too. I gave a couple to one of my neighbors for her dog and she came over and asked me today for the recipe. She hasn't been able to get the dog to eat anything lately and she ate the bisquits. In addition, I ready Amazing Gracie A Dog's Tale by Dan Dye and Mark Beckloff the founders of Three Dog Bakery about how the dog that started it all. It's a great read but make sure to have tissue at the end.

Judy - So sorry your mama is still going through this. Don't ever feel you need to apologize for talking with us. You need friends to discuss the situation with and to support you. It's just unbelievable how many people are having cancer issues of late. I have a co-worker, 26 years old, going through her second bout of breast cancer and had to have her second breast removed AND she was also diagnosed at the same time with uterine cancer and had to have a total hysterectomy. So young! All the chemo they were giving her started causing seizures so the company we work for forced her to take temporary disability. It was a mess.

Bunny - that slip dress is beautiful! I love all the lace. I hope you get the intern admin assistant position. That would be awesome for you.

Well I need to go, Oreo is whining for attention. Apparently I've been a bad mommy and neglected her today.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - May 31 2014 :  6:58:31 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Hi my porchies!

Judy and Patsy,
Poor Mama and you. The radiation should shrink her tumor and ease the discomfort. I will send Mama a card. Look for an assisted living facility. They are usually very nice and less restrictive. I don't know about the funding to pay them though. I will keep you all in prayer.

Peggy,
Elijah is adorable. Hard to believe he's 1 already. Hope your party goes well. No rain!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - May 31 2014 :  7:01:35 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
I just had over half my post disappear and I don't have the energy to rewrite it! How does that happen?

Later!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2014 :  09:44:02 AM  Show Profile
Prairie Tammy, good for you on your etsy store!!
Here are some really important tips that I think get left off of instructions sometimes. There is sooo much to learn!
When you put your main description of your item(the short one) think of what people will type in search to find your item. Then when you write your big description, make sure you use all those same words in sentences in the long description. They don't have to be all in one sentence. Just make sure they are all there. In your short description, put the most common description first, then a secondary and so on. Don't forget your tags. Try not to just use one word like "rug". Use as many combo actions of descriptions you can. Look at what other sellers of a similar product are using.
That's all for your Etsy SEO lesson for today. (SEO =search engine optimization).

Judy, I will try to get a card to momma soon. Hope she is hanging in there. I read a really good article about fighting cancer. I'm on my iPad, but when I'm on my regular computer I'll put the link up for you. There were three main items. One, oxygen. Lots of good deep breathing exercises. Two, eliminate sugar. Cancer feeds on sugar. And three, an alkali diet with lots of raw veggies. I use to clean for a private assisted living home. It was a regular house with the owner living there taking care of everyone. Everyone was able to pretty much do for themselves except they didn't have to cook or clean. That way they lived in a nice house situation with someone around to keep an eye on them. There were some of the sweetest (and most interesting) people there.

I had my first craft show yesterday. I didn't think I would sell anything but thanks to being able to take credit cards, I sold three dresses. I really needed the money for my school books this next quarter so it was a wonderful success. Plus I had lots of interest in my custom brochure where I just charge for labor and people give me the clothes they want upcycled.
I still have to unpack the car today. I was too exhausted yesterday when I got home. I'm going to do it again this fall.

Peggy, as always your grand kids are awesome! Such a blessing!!

Ok, I'm done with my book. Hopefully it won't get eaten by the internet ogres.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2014 :  10:44:45 AM  Show Profile
Judy, Patsy and Mama!!!!!! You are all in my prayers!

Peggy....love the pics and Happy b-day to Elijah!!!!!!

Tammy....hope the Italian vacation becomes a reality!

My best to all,
Mel
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2014 :  10:46:18 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone. I hope you are all having the same lovely weather I am today. It's 80, but there's a nice breeze. It feels wonderful.
We got our first cutting of hay made last week. It's a pathetic stand of hay so we're going to plant some sorgum/sudan grass in it this week to get more feed. We have 2 cows ready to have their babies any day now. One is now a week overdue and the other is due today, but she looks like she'll be a few days yet. I've been trying to work on crocheting when I get a few spare minutes - which isn't very often. The good news is that like my knitting adventures - my crocheting is finally starting to look like it's supposed to!! I made a couple dish cloths and they were finally square. Seems I like to skip a few stiches at the end of each row. I started out my first attempt at a dishcloth with 36 stitches and when I finally gave up and decided I should start again I only had 17!!! Woopsie boopsie! I'm attempting something really cute, but it's for another farmgirls birthday so I'll post pictures after she gets it.

Peggy - that fibro picture really makes me cringe! I knew it was painful, but I never imagined that. You poor girls! I pray all of you affected by it have more pain free days. No one should have to hurt like that. I love the pictures of your little grandbaby. His smile is contagious. I hope his birthday party is fun for all of you.

Bunny - I LOVE that slip dress. Not sure where I would wear it to, but I've looked at it a few times now. You do wonderful work. I need to see something first before I can make it. I wouldn't even know where to start if someone handed me a pile of clothes. That's probably why I have such a big pile of jeans to do something with. I'm going to make a few of those pocket hangy things Peggy made though. I have a couple of aprons in mind too, but we'll see what happens. Time is not on my side it seems. I hope you get that job too.

PGTammy - The rug looks wonderful. I seen a few huge weaving things (are the really big ones called looms?) and thought it would be neat to have a smaller version one day. The one's I seen took up an entire room and the lady said it takes 3 days to set it up!!! Not something I have the room or time for. Good for you for making treats for your dog! There's way to much junk in the food supply for everything - humans and animals. I can't wait to see a picture of your first catch. A couple years ago we took my grandpa fishing for a day. The fish kept eating my worm in pieces - leaving the part that the hook was on. I couldn't catch anything! I've never had any luck fishing, but it sure is fun to try.

TLTammy - hope you're enjoying your break so far and are starting to feel relaxed!

Judy and Patsy - Hugs and prayers for you both - and mama. What a difficult time for you. I wished we lived a little closer together Judy. I'd come give you a big hug in person. Don't be afraid to tell us how you're feeling. We're here for you through the laughter and the tears. Just as you're there for us when we need you.

Darlene - sorry you lost your post. I hate it when that happens. I hope everything is going well for you.

I brought some sweet tea for everyone. Who has some kind of yummy snack to go with it? I'm thinking maybe some chocolate - brownies? cookies? or even some fudge!!

Well, I pray you all have a week filled with many blessings.
Hugs,

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2014 :  11:30:53 AM  Show Profile
hello my sweet porchies,
I thought I would spend some time here on the porch. It is a lovely day here after a rainy day yesterday but can complain we needed the rain. Everything looks so much greener today. We are supposed to get more tomorrow although they are saying some could be severe. I am praying not. I planted some flowers that dear father in law gave me and then redid my flower area in the front of the house. We removed the old bench. Decided we could use it for something else in the back. So we are going to paint it and make it have a new use that is not in front. I was very happy about that.

I know I am the tea lady for this month. I was planning on sending them this week, but my sweet mama is having foot surgery this week and will need me to help her out these first few days. They say the first week will be painful and hard and she won't be able to be up and around for a while. so I will be taking care of her this week. I am hoping to work on them next week in between checking on mom and my sweet grandson being here. Yes I get to spoil him rotten and then hand him back to his sweet mama.

I think that about covers it for now. I left yall some chocolate cake and strawberry tea. Enjoy ladies. it is calorie free.
love to you all
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2014 :  11:57:59 AM  Show Profile

Grandmama...covered in her Grandbabies!!!

He didn't like the Party Hat and he was getting tired.

His first cake ever (or anything not naturally sweetened).
He ate his little single (all for him cupcake) and then went
into a "Cake Coma" and fell asleep. LOl

The Cake was a Costco Cake and really yummy!

And he was a bit overwhelmed with 40 people in his house...but we still got lots of
smiles in-between all those serious faces.

His mom and dad are funny but the gifts are all still un-opened...they choose to wait
until he is in a calmer state of mind before he opens them. I think their guests wanted
to see Elijah open the gifts they brought but mommy and daddy do it their way.
Which is OK...but definitely different.

Well, it is good to see so many people on The Porch while I've been gone a few days.
My entire last week was nothing but crazy busy. And I need a less hectic week this week.
I was so exhausted Sunday that I never even made it to Church.

Bunny...so happy that your Sale went so well. That is fabulous. It truly does make a difference
if you can accept credit cards huh?

Heather...that Fibro picture is so good because it helps make non-fibro people realize just what
we do go through. On the outside...we look normal...but on the inside the pain often rages like
that. Before that picture became available...I
would tell people who wanted to know more about fibro
to go home and put 10 clothespins on their fingers and thumbs and keep them there until they couldn't
stand the pain anymore...and that was what Fibro felt like on a normal day.

Hi Mel...glad you could hop up on the Porch for a minute. Good to see your smilen face.

Darlene...couldn't you just spit nails when the Porch Ghost takes off with your post??? Maddening!

Prairie Tammy...oh your loom looks cool and so does what ever you are weaving there. Beautiful colors.
Wowsie...I hope you do get to go to Italy. That would be such a trip of a Life Time wouldn't it?
Let me know if he keeps his promise on that and I will stow away in your suit case. LOL

Well girlies, I think I will push the submit button here before The computer decides to eat my post too.

More Later My Lovelies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 02 2014 12:08:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2014 :  4:29:24 PM  Show Profile
Hi gals.
TLTammy, I am the June tea swap gal. You are July.
Peggy, I loved all the pics. Thanks for sharing.
P Tammy, Italy... wow... how cool is that? I would like to see Italy to see if it's as gorgeous as I picture it in my mind.
I always wanted to try my hand at one of those looms. I think I would like it.
I'm frustrated! Mama's face is so swollen that she can't close that corner of her mouth and her throat is dry and sore. We are waiting on the radiologist to call for her final mask fitting and possible first treatment. Do they not care that she's not able to drink, that this is torture? Why don't they DO SOMETHING. Why can't they drain some of it out. Yes it will come back, but at least she will have relief until they can zap it. Has anybody seen this on a persons face? It's awful. She can hardly talk and be understood. Phone conversations are the worst.
She said she almost called the ambulance last night. What can an ER do? She's so sure that they will put her on the hospital and fix this. I don't think they will do anything. Nobody seems to be in any hurry on this.
Any ideas girls...I am at my wits end.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2014 :  5:00:15 PM  Show Profile
Judy, if she is in that much pain and discomfort, I would take her to the ER. She should not be having to deal with this! Not being able to drink is a big no no! She will get dehydrated and that is grounds for an ER visit as far as I'm concerned. You might see if there is some kind of senior advocate in your area through senior services. There just isn't a reason for her to suffer so.
Take her to the ER.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2014 :  7:03:20 PM  Show Profile
Don't make me come out there!!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2014 :  09:13:21 AM  Show Profile
she is drinking ok she said. I thought she couldn't drink, so I told her to use a straw. she said(meant) she couldn't drink thru a straw, but is drinking. so that is good. she is eating a soft diet and drinking her ensure too. called dr office this morning and of course he wasn't in yet. will call me when he gets in. the hospital is where his office is, so that's handy.
my nurse hubby said that the medical field is a farce anymore and he's ashamed to be a part of it.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2014 :  11:36:18 AM  Show Profile
Judy...I have to agree with your hubby...this whole medical system is going down the toilet FAST.
Your poor mama...just shouldn't have to suffer along through the snail pace of the system.
I see in the not so distant future...once you reach a certain age the will not be able to treat you
at all...just give you something to hasten your departure from this world...so you won't be a
medical burden.

Bunny...I'm with you girl...Hands on Hips...don't make us come out there. There is no longer any
care or compassion for what people are forced to suffer through. I met a woman at Elijah's Birthday
Party and who is in her early 50's...has had a double mastectomy and 28 lymph-nodes removed and is
still going through Chemo (one more round left) then she will go through radiation and reconstructive
surgery...and it is friends/family/and co-workers that are her rallying support NOT her Cancer Team.
I loved talking to her...and I just stepped out on a limb and started asking her questions...where
everyone else seemed to avoid the subject with her. She was very open and honest and encouraging...
she had a great attitude. And it was a hot day and so she didn't wear a hat or scarf...she just let
her bald head breathe and embraced What her Current Reality is. I really admired her.

Teacher Tammy...you and I must have posted at the same time the other day. Send a picture of your new
flower area out front. I hope you use that bench somewhere else. Did you remove all the rock under the
bench too? I am glad that Judy let you know that you don't have The Tea Swap for June. I was going
to email you. So, relax you do not need to stress this month. LOL

Well, off to BnN girls...more later.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page