Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

BarnChickCecily
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

Cecily
Corydon IN
USA
673 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2014 :  8:41:44 PM  Show Profile
Alicia, I could meet through the week as well as weekends. I work weekdays 4-10pm, so if we meet through the week, we could make it for the first half of the day. Weekends are starting to fill up...such a busy time of year for us with some baby showers, several graduations, TONs of birthdays. Some weekends should still be good, though. It will be so much fun to meet you!

Angela, I am so sorry to hear about your situation! I will pray for you. God's got this!

Tammy, awesome rug!

PeggyAnn, beautiful pic! And yes, auto-corrected is possessed.

Farmgirl Sister # 241
www.thebarnchick.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

BarnChickCecily
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

Cecily
Corydon IN
USA
673 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2014 :  8:44:31 PM  Show Profile
See! It just auto-corrected it's own name and now I look uneducated. Auto-correct and I will never be friends.

Farmgirl Sister # 241
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2014 :  3:55:18 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, what pretty flower pic. So cheerful. I don't know anything about pt scans. Now you're scaring me. All I know about it is that they inject a dye into her. I think Patsy needs you to send her the 'Tea-swap' list again. I sent it and she didn't get it. Maybe because of the attachment style of e-mail...I don't know for sure.
Angela, so sad that some men have to act like that. They sure change from what they were when you met them don't they?
PGTammy, nice job on the rug. I like it. You tore it put and did it all over? Amazing!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2014 :  4:11:33 PM  Show Profile
Peg......she's only had 1...remember...we cancelled all winter because of the storms we've had.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Apr 01 2014 4:13:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2014 :  4:33:10 PM  Show Profile
PgTammy, I have a rug I have been trying to do. I have torn it out so many times. Someday I'll actually read some directions and get it right. Glad yours turned out so well.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2014 :  5:45:35 PM  Show Profile
Judy...OK, good she only had one. Glad to hear that. She will be fine. Just really monitor her on any scans because they are like
a 100 times greater than an ex-ray. And you know too many ex-rays are also very bad for you.
OK...I will send Patsy the Tea List Again...she must not have learned the Ten Copy Rule from her Sissy. LOL

PG Tammy...I like your Rug. It turned out good!! You should be proud of yourself girl. I would spray it with Scotch Guard before
using it...as it will help when you go to wash it. I use Scotch Guard on everything from Felt Purses to Quilts...you name it.

Cecily...I sent out some pretty funny Text today because of Auto-Correct. Drives me crazy!

Well, girls another wet and rainy day. I went shopping today for awhile...just to get out of the house for awhile.
Even that was boring! LOL But I did buy a Gratitude Journal. Those are always good for helping to keep positive thoughts.

Well, more later gaters. Stay dry!

Hugs and blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2014 :  7:46:32 PM  Show Profile
Hi there matties. We had a gorgeous day today to go to Dr and run around a little. We were wore out by evening. Mama had a ct scan not a pt scan. We can't win. First they tried to tell us that we were a day early. After she looked it up and found out it was suppose to be a ct scan then we were ok. Apparently they do pt scans on Thursdays, ct scans on Wednesdays. Whatever, let's just do it already. *sigh*
So we got it done, ate at Bob Evans, went to the produce market and to the grocery store annnnd home... by 6pm. *whew* We were tired.
Suppose to rain the rest of the week. Good time to read and watch some movies.
It's almost 11pm and I'm bushes so going to bed. G'nite buds.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

BarnChickCecily
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

Cecily
Corydon IN
USA
673 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2014 :  8:06:47 PM  Show Profile
Night Judy! Sleep well!

I had a busy night at work, so gonna take a hot bath and turn in soon, as well.

Farmgirl Sister # 241
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2014 :  10:31:47 AM  Show Profile
Shame, shame Patsy! :) I archived my list in a MJF folder on my email site, just so I did not lose or at least I could recapture it. Peggy warned us all in the original email to make sure we took precautions so we DID NOT lose it!!! Okay enough of the reprimand! Hope all's well otherwise! :)

Weather here is 81 degrees! Humid! Clouds are finally clearing and sunny is breaking through.....looks like the storms are on their way, around 2PM. We soooo need the rain after 3 years in drought conditions but it won't be a cure but helps. Sorry for those of you still freezing! So sad we lost a Farmgirl in the Washington Mudslide. Prayers to all those suffering from that terrible event. Nature is not always merciful.

Nice rug Tammy....I too want to make a rug someday! Just to many irons (projects) in the fire at the moment! :)

Cecily....auto-check is the most annoying 'helper' in the electronic assist arsenal! :)

My best to all,
Mel
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2014 :  11:25:45 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies...

Mel...I have to admit that I kind of twisted Patsy's arm on this Swap...so, I'm cutting her some slack!! LOL
Isn't that terrible about losing our Farm sister and all those lost in that Mud Slide? We are having slides all over
Washington and Oregon. Nothing new to us...but this Oso one was the biggest ever...except for when Mt. St. Helens
erupted. ~ The rescue workers and rescue dogs are literally taking their life in their own hands as the conditions are so bad and such gross and time consuming work and more of that Mt. could slide. Even the dogs are just dog-tired and have to be hosed down at the end of each shift. They are so caked in that awful mud and it is soooooooo deep.

Judy...sounds like you at least had a little fun besides the CT Scan. The eating out part...but I hate grocery shopping myself. It's never FUN for me. It's time consuming, you get less and less for your money and then you have to haul it all in and un-pack it and put it
all away. I guess I wouldn't hate it so much IF I could do it more often than just once a month. I go shopping on one day
and have to re-coop for two days afterwards. LOL

Well, just a few more days before our friend Daphne has been missing for one whole month. NOT GOOD! I also think they are
searching the wrong area. I think someone drove her car to where they found it...just to throw the investigation off in the
wrong area.

I already got my walk in today. It is suppose to rain this afternoon...so thought I better walk while I could. I am not a
lover of Rain Walks even though I do own a rain-coat. It's hard to walk when all your muscles hurt and your legs feel like they weigh a 100 lbs each.

Off for now girlies...take care...and have a great day! Hope you all
get LOTs OF SUNSHINE AND PRETTY FLOWERS TO ENJOY!!

Love You's,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 03 2014 11:36:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2014 :  11:46:02 AM  Show Profile
......get her Mel, get her. hahahahahaha
We lost a farmgirl in that Washington mudslide? I didn't hear that. How awful... who was she? How did you find that out?
I slept like a rock last night(thanks C ecily) and woke to a light patter of rain hitting the windowsill this morning. It's still raining softly. I really enjoy rainy spring days. 3 years in drought conditions! Really? Sorry to hear that Mel!
Well, Mama seemed perky despite her loooong day yesterday. I'm glad. I worry about her, but at 86 she still never fails to amaze me.
That's MY MAMA!!!
Have a great day Gal-pals!!!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2014 :  12:28:40 PM  Show Profile
Judy...Mary Jane sent out a post about two weeks ago. The gals name is Brandy. Her husband lived and
she died in the slide. There is also a way you can contribute to the rebuilding of those people's lives
and Brandy's family personally through the MJF Website.

More Later,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2014 :  9:11:51 PM  Show Profile
Having been gone so long I didn't know we lost a farmgirl!!! So sad!! Was daphne the same one who used to come to the porch here? What happened?

I'm so lost on everyones lives. I haven't really had much goin on in except hidin inside.

I am gettin back out in the world. I was given a 20 ft by 20 ft patch at the community garden! I have a whole bunch of stuff goin in some makeshift & tabletop greenhouses for it.

I also have an idea for a job. I'm gonna look into college classes for becomin an interpretter! I'm gonna learn sign language & spanish. That's the 2 most requested in my area. I know a woman doin it & shhe makes $40/hr including drive time!!! She also gets to take her granddaughter with her! I ca keep my babies by my side! Yea!

I spent the night with my girls, my grandson, & a friends son. We had dinner, made strawberry lime cupcakes with lime icing & coconut on top, the went to mcdonalds so the kids could play on the slides till they were ready to drop! Now they're all asleep. But how am I supposed to top this! With spaghetti monsters!!! It's raw spaghetti noodles pushed through 2 inch sections of hot dogs then simmered till the noodles are done! You can also do smoked sausages withh alfredo sauce! Yum!
Well...I need some sleep so I can do this all agian tomorrow! Night!!

Edited by - natesgirl on Apr 03 2014 9:23:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2014 :  08:54:48 AM  Show Profile
M0rnin' Gals!
hmmmm.....wonder why I didn't get that post on Brandy. I usually get all her announcements!
Could you...would you share that address with us so we can help? Thanks!
We are 60/dark and waiting for the big dark mass hanging over us to let loose. May even get our first
spring storm today. Pretty muggy out there too.
Angela, just jump in and act like you've never been gone. That's the only way to join-up and not feel totally lost. We all can give you up-dates on our lives if you want. I'll start!
My life has been centered around my Mama BIG time since Mother's Day last year when she was diagnosed with lymphoma. Happy Mothers Day, huh?
She has had 5 chemo sessions and is doing pretty good for an 86 year old. Before all this happened, she didn't even have a family doctor...didn't need one for any reason. She took vitamins, herbs and relied on God. She felt fine except for this lump that appeared a few months earlier that she didn't mention until it started hurting. That's my Mama. So, that's my story in a nutshell(readers digest version)*giggle*
Well, gotta go do some work. TTFN

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Apr 04 2014 08:57:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2014 :  1:38:17 PM  Show Profile
Judy...I went back and read my Patsy remarks and guess I did sound like a pit bull. She'll probably delete mm from the Tea Swap! Chuckle, Chuckle!!!! :) WOW! Mama is quite a trouper!! If I make it to 86....I surely won't have her spirit! She is delightful.

Angela....I like the Sign Language idea...wish I had followed through years ago.

My best to all,
Mel
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2014 :  6:38:43 PM  Show Profile
Judy...Here is the info from Brian in the Office:

We've had some inquiries from farmgirls about an address to send cards and letters of support. Brandy's daughter replied to me and she supplied us with an address to send mail to, and we would like to mention that she has established a fund to help them start over.

The link to the fund is: www.gofundme.com/7rsfgg

If you would like to send any letters here is the address:

Tiffany Burdette
1301 Main St
Lynden, WA 98264

Thank you,

~Brian

Hope this is what you wanted.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2014 :  12:13:02 PM  Show Profile
Gosh...where is everyone???? I hope out playing in the Sunshine. I know that is what I was doing yesterday.
Today I have to go teach my first Daniel Plan Weight loss class. I don't know if I'm ready for this or not.
But here goes. My mind and heart want to do this but my body is revolting. I think it is waring with my desire
to get this weight off.

Another gorgeous day here. We had 74 yesterday and today is suppose to be 70. I know a rain shower is coming
some time early evening or night because my knee is throbbing. LOL

Hope everyone finds some time to drop in and sit a spell on The Porch. I am leaving my stash of chocolate for
you all to indulge in...since I can't have it for awhile. )+: Enjoy!!

I am listening to a good book on my walks everyday called the Profiler's Daughter. A Murder Mystery.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2014 :  8:40:32 PM  Show Profile
Hi there. Thought I'd see what everyone was up to........
.......and I see Peg is on her own here. hahahahahaha...holding the fort.... that's our 'Porch-Mama'..... hahaha
We had 60\sun\breezy today so Dave and I went out to eat and went to the library, produce farm and store and just enjoyed the day.
So nice to think that spring has finally sprung.... and yet... that niggling thought in the back of my mind keeps telling me
'not to get too comfortable.' In Ohio... in April......you just never know.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1494 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1494 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2014 :  06:35:44 AM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
Morning Ladies!! Just stopping in to wish you a happy day! <3

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232
http://themostlycrunchyfarmgirl.wordpress.com

www.simplyaroma.com/aliciawinkler 100% certified therapeutic grade essential oils
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DandeeRose Farmgirl Accessories and more!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2014 :  07:34:26 AM  Show Profile
Just a fyi...This month's tea is all packed up and ready to ship when I go to town tomorrow.

I'm certainly glad to see all those flower pics; and, happy Spring is on the way!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2014 :  08:10:52 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for letting us know Judy! Oh, and did anybody receive their tea in March or did mine get lost in the mail?

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2014 :  09:33:21 AM  Show Profile
Luanne...our March Tea person is running late...so you will get two tea bags this month
instead of one. *smile* I kind of twisted Patsy's arm to take March and then forgot to
remind her until the end...so, I have cut her some slack. She has been a sport about it.

Judy...so ya'All think it's funny that I have been sitting here in the Porch Swing talking
to myself for days huh? I'm even sneaking some of my Chocolate back because nobody has
been here to save me from myself! LOL Geesh girls come in from the Sunshine for just five
minutes and talk to me will ya???? I'm feeling like maybe my deodorant has failed me or
something...and ya'all don't want to say anything.

Judith...thanks for letting us know about the tea...we will be looking forward to it with eager
runs to our mail boxes. Hope you are having some good weather....and not in a lot of pain.

I guess our Bunny is in CA for her sons graduation from Boot Camp. Hope her trip is extra Special
with her boys.

Alicia...Thanks for popping on long enough to say HI...I was getting lonely.

Here is a picture of a book I think most of you girls will like. MILD/SWEET STORIES and isn't the book "SO PRETTY"?

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 09 2014 09:44:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

BarnChickCecily
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

Cecily
Corydon IN
USA
673 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2014 :  09:52:07 AM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies! Hope everyone is great! I am getting ready to go pick Cooper up from preschool, but thought I would stop in for a visit. Peggy, sorry we left ya all alone! I will be sneaking some of your chocolate...and a tea bag, what's up with the tea bags? Are we swapping? That book looks good!
Will be back later if I get a chance.

Farmgirl Sister # 241
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2014 :  2:48:39 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Hi everybody:

My TEA is IN the mailbox right now! It will be on it's way tomorrow. :)
Got rid of my desktop recently and looked for the tea list to print off and no luck!
Getting used to my new laptop and don't have it connected to my printer yet. Will be wireless when I do. Learning Windows 8.1 is NO fun!

Been busy tearing down my old computer desk and we got rid of our old box tv and have a new flat screen now sitting on a stand. Got rid of the entertainment center this week so house sure looks empty, lol. When I get my 1500 piece puzzle done, then will take center out of table and will have even more space, wooohooo!

hubby wants supper so yak more later.

enjoying pics you all are posting. :)

toodles..

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2014 :  2:07:52 PM  Show Profile
FOR MY PORCHIES WHO DIDN'T SEE THIS UPDATE FROM MARYJANE TODAY ON BRANDY'S FAMILY:

Here's a letter I received yesterday from Brandy's daughter, Tiffany.

I think Brandy's life (and death) is why it is we do what we do as farmgirls--gather as one, dream, laugh, cry together.

How wonderful is it that gathering here together on this endlessly wonderful chatroom can help a family in need so much? This should be your WHY moment. It was for me. Today, I'm just so very proud to call myself a FARMGIRL and to be surrounded by so many wonderful, caring women. Stay the course!!!! If you missed it here is an address for cards and a website for offering support:

Tiffany Burdette
1301 Main St
Lynden, WA 98264

www.gofundme.com/7rsfgg

Dear MJ,

My Mom was one of your biggest fans. She was absolutely in love with your magazine, glamping, gardening, vintage everything, crafting, sewing, etc. She often said that she was "born in the wrong century."

She even gifted me a subscription to your magazine each Christmas.

I don't think I realized just how much she admired you and your "farmgirls" until this past week when I started receiving "farmgirl mail" from all around the country.

I get mail every day from people I have never met, expressing their heartfelt condolences at the loss of my Mother. These letters mean more to me than I can even express.

To know that my Mom meant so much to so many people brings us all peace.

I have forwarded all of these cards and letters on to my Dad. When I told him that you had personally made a contribution to his fund and that you had posted information about her on your website, he wept.

We are truly in awe of this new reality we are living in. Everything that has happened is so unbelievable, we can't really even comprehend it.

My Mom was an amazing woman. She was hard core. She worked hard and never let anyone tell her "no." She worked out in the garden on her hands and knees until she couldn't even stand up! She just had to have her hands in the dirt, getting in touch with nature. And when she wasn't in the garden she was tending to her chickens (her girls).

Please know that it is people like you and your collection of "farmgirls" that are helping us to heal, helping us to keep going.

We will overcome this tragedy and we will be made stronger for it; if only to continue the "true grit" spirit my Mom instilled in each of us.

Blessings~Tiffany Burdette

Hugs, Prayers and Farmgirl Love,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page