Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2010 :  10:44:39 AM  Show Profile
i could sure use a cup of that chamomille tea
had a very sad day i had to put my sweet pete down
he was the best cat almost like a dog he weighed in at 25lbs
and followed me everywhere i miss him so much
deborah

http://jerseyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2010 :  11:21:40 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
I am so sorry about your cat. I left my cats with my friend in Ohio. She has three barns and lots of room. They love it there, but I miss them so much.

I have mint tea. My mint is going crazy.

Found a puppy someone threw out. She is as cute as a button. My SIL is looking for someone to take her. Full of birddog. Won't be happy on this little lot. She is tan and white with hazel eyes. Very cute.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2010 :  11:40:55 AM  Show Profile
[b][/b]

It's been a while since I've been on the porch. I remember when we had only a couple of pages of messages...now there are 74! It's wonderful that so many of us have found a soft place to land.

I've been working on a sampler wall hanging and with each block, I feel more confident. I went to a quilt show on Saturday and really got inspired to improve my skills and make more and more. There are so many fantastic quilters out there and I'd love to be one but even I end up the Queen of the Seam Rippers", I'm getting a great sense of satisfaction and look forward to sharing the fruits of my labors with family and friends. It's wonderful to try new things and meet new friends. I figure if I'm trying, I'm not dying.

Please pour me a cup of camomile or mint tea and I'll rest these weary fingers and visit a spell.

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2010 :  11:46:59 AM  Show Profile
Deborah,

I forgot to tell you that I am so very sorry for the loss of your cat. I am owned by a lovely British blue who is my joyous companion and I dread the day that she leaves this life. I'm sure your little friend, and I use that term loosly after reading that he weighed 25#, brought you so much love. He's bounding all over Heaven now chasing butterflies, playing with the angels and having a wonderful time.

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2010 :  2:08:02 PM  Show Profile
Deborah, my mom says that when a cat passes on it goes to stand at the feet of your guardian angel to chase away the mice for you still. Only now you won't find them in your shoe until you join your cat agian. That could be a lot of mice. You might never find those shoes in heaven!

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2010 :  3:32:51 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Angela, please don't feel bad because I had to take lots of things out too when I started to sew. lol I still have to do it sometimes. Keep at it though! It gets better!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2010 :  6:18:59 PM  Show Profile
I tried the all-in-one diaper on my little one and it fit! My only problem is she refuses to take it off and I only have one made. She wore it till it was leaking everywhere. I had to hold her down while her older sister tookmit off and put a disposable one on her. She was yelling "No! No Diaper! Peas!" It was funny and sad cause she loved it so much. I guess I'm gonna be really busy for a while. I'll sit and relax with a cup of coffee before starting my marathon sewing session. Who's got goodies?

Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2010 :  8:21:46 PM  Show Profile
thank you all for the kind words
much appreciated
hugs deborah

jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

alterationsbyemily
True Blue Farmgirl

686 Posts

Emily
Thomasville PA
USA
686 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2010 :  06:13:38 AM  Show Profile
sitting here, enjoying the porch and reading the forums before my crazy whirlwind of a day starts, far to much on the to do list and then to boot I have a tour tonight and have to leave the house at 6:45 to be back at 10 to be on a train for NYC at 5 in the morning

Plus the DH is taking the child for the weekend and going to his mom's so I have to pack them too!

I just want to sit in the rocker and rock and rock and rock....

--
See my custom costumes, download free patterns, and hear some spook EVPs from Gettysburg, PA on my site, www.alterationsbyemily.com
Go to Top of Page

Catherine
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

Catherine Ann
Temple TX
USA
166 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2010 :  11:31:24 AM  Show Profile
Taking a moment to sit on the porch with a cup of tea this afternoon. I have spent the last hour supervising my girls as they cleaned their room (not done, but we're making progress). They are packrats by nature and have so much junk stashed in every nook and cranny ... I need a quiet few minutes here on the front porch before I go back in for round 2!

http://lovelivingsimply.blogspot.com/

Judge each day not by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant. ~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2010 :  1:09:48 PM  Show Profile
I have clothes lines now! I'm sitting here with my first batch of sun tea from my new tea jug. I love watching the clothes flap in the breeze.

Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2010 :  3:34:25 PM  Show Profile
hi ladies
had a nice day planted hostas down both sides of the driveway after work
and put in my basil and another lavender plant , i think i lost one over the winter
i made some fudge brownies and french vanilla coffee
and just sittin here enjoying a quiet moment
deborah

jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2010 :  06:55:55 AM  Show Profile
Wow! This is a fun experience! Nothing like sitting on the porch with all my sisters! I read page one and 73 & 74, and can't wait to read the rest when I have more time. I slept in late this morning because I stayed up all night putting on the finishing touches to my little note cards I'm sending in the card swap! I thought I'd grab a cup of tea and join you all! I had company from England this week and he brought me some real English Tea and Walker's shortbread! Isn't that fun? I'll be happy to share with all of you! Sorry I ate all the heart shaped shortbreads but there's plenty of other shapes to enjoy! Give me a minute, I'm getting the tea pot prepared and then I'll be out to share it!
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2010 :  09:32:58 AM  Show Profile
Walker shortbread! That's my favorite! Welcome to the porch. Pull up a rocker and relax. I have fresh sun tea for anyone who wants. I'm sitting here waiting for the rain to hit. It's supposed to be a short storm and I should be back in the garden by tomorrow afternoon. Oh well, I guess that means sewing time. :)

Edited by - natesgirl on Apr 16 2010 09:34:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2010 :  5:34:16 PM  Show Profile
today is a good day for hot tea its cooler today and rain forecast
so i made us some blackcurrent tea with blueberry scones
the whole weekend is supposed to be a wash out so i think
i'll reorganize my craft room and clean and switch my closets
sounds like a fun weekend LOL but if i don't do it now
it won't get done when its to nice to be inside..
blessing to all deborah

jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  07:57:10 AM  Show Profile
Did I hear shortbread and tea? Yum !! This has been a busy week for me. My daughters fiance' has been here this week and he loves to work in the yard. After DD went to work, I would take SIL-to-be outside and we went to work. He built a new bed for my raspberries, dug holes for blueberries, a current and several shrubs. What a help! Today he is going to weed wack for me, a task I hate! He is a peach!
Today I must hit the books, but would like a cup of tea for fortification.

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

http://www.iglitteredthecat.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  11:15:40 AM  Show Profile
I think tea and a rest would be great. I have had a very busy week so bit of rest is just my cup of tea right now. IT is a beautiful day here.

blessings and hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  4:55:47 PM  Show Profile
Oh, the day is a wash here in Battle Ground WA too. I was just getting ready to walk my mile and a half walk with my dog Bella...when it decided to rain. So, I thought I would come join you all on the Porch and see what you are all up to today. Walker Shortbread is also one of my all time favorites with tea. The just melt in your mouth don't they? Yesterday I bought a Pink Jasmine and planted it. It smells so sweet and good..I just pray that we won't get any more frost! I sat in my Red Rocking Chair reading my Kindle and savoring the smells of the Jasmine. Ooohhhh, for more days like yesterday. Sunshine, chocolate and flowers are good for the soul!
Blessing to my Sisters! ~peggy

Lady In Red
Go to Top of Page

Flower
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Shirley
Kentucky
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  5:33:55 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Flower's MSN Messenger address
Oh my what a lovely day in Kentucky ! Sunny and fresh... A lovely day to groom my horse Dakota.. I love walker shortbread also.. but I must confess.. I am a coffee drinker.. I love green mountain coffee from vermont!! But yes I agree Sunshine, chocolate and flowers are good for the soul .. as are butterflies and BBQ's with loved ones...

Be a blessing and have a Happy Spring
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  7:06:02 PM  Show Profile
I'd have to add chili dogs and cookies. I love hot dogs cooked in chili beans! I made ukrainian sugar cookies. They are yummy! Especially with a hot cup of coffee. Have some girls, it's our test batch for my daughters bake stand at our yard sale this week. I think they'll sell well.

Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  9:25:22 PM  Show Profile
It poured here today! No weed wacking done. Had my sis and BIL for dinner, pulled pork sandwiches and coleslaw, sliced tomatoes with basil and balsamic vinegar. Yum! Watched the last episode of Food Revolution, and now it is time for some chamomile tea.

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

http://www.iglitteredthecat.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2010 :  08:01:27 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, everyone! It's a beautiful day, here, even if it is cloudy and intermittant rain. Our garden is now completely planted and I can use some of that rain to water it in. Today, being Sunday and rainy, means I'll actually get to take a nap!! Yippee!!! Of course, that's AFTER I clean the laundry room and do a load of clothes. But, hey! Even a thirty minute nap is better than nothing. So, wake me up in about half an hour, and if any of you are feeling particularly generous, you could wake me up with a glass of iced tea and a plate of some of that shortbread. Any takers.......................................???????????? :)

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2010 :  10:06:39 AM  Show Profile
angela
would love the recipe for those ukrainian sugar cookies my MIL is from there
and might like a treat. and they sound yummy
i made my lavender shorbread cookies with all this shorbread talk i was
in the mood for them.. and some violet tea really good iced.
blessing deborah

jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

highlandviewpantry
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

WV
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2010 :  1:28:55 PM  Show Profile
Cool here today in WV. Need to wrap up in a blanket and make some hot tea to sit on the porch. Later I'm going to make homemade gingerbread cake to help warm up.

www.thehighlandviewpantry.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2010 :  4:02:22 PM  Show Profile
Deborah...do you make your own violet tea or is it store purchased? I just got back from a sticky walk in 75 degrees with humidity. But I walked a road less traveled today and found an entire circuit of Pedestrian Paths that wound around several ponds and a play ground area for children. It wasn't one of those Neighborhood Fenced Play Grounds like you see in the City...it was rural. So, pretty! You just never know the adventures you will have when you purposefully get yourself LOST! Now, I am ready for some of those Lavender Shortbread Cookies and some Green Tea (though the Violet sounds ever so yummy!) ~peggy

Lady In Red
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page