Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

country treasure
True Blue Farmgirl

452 Posts

judy
SK
Canada
452 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2014 :  7:17:18 PM  Show Profile
Peggy,
That's such a sweet gift from Debbie! I collect cookie cutters so your Scotty is great!
Hugs Judy

country wishes!
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6438 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6438 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2014 :  07:37:37 AM  Show Profile
Peggy I am so happy you like your surprise package, I love spoiling you as you are so very special to me.
I have emailed you about hubby.
Thank you for all your prayers, love and support.
Hugs,
Debbie

"BE KIND TO PEOPLE BECAUSE EVERYBODY YOU KNOW IS ENGAGED IN REALLY TOUGH BATTLES."

www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1502 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1502 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2014 :  02:41:00 AM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
Hey ladies!!! I posted my first giveaway! Happy St. Patrick's Day!!! http://themostlycrunchyfarmgirl.wordpress.com/2014/03/17/my-first-giveaway-happy-st-patricks-day/

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232
http://themostlycrunchyfarmgirl.wordpress.com

www.simplyaroma.com/aliciawinkler 100% certified therapeutic grade essential oils
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DandeeRose Farmgirl Accessories and more!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2014 :  12:11:12 PM  Show Profile
Happy St. Patrick's Day Porchies!! What a weekend! It was nice and warm on Saturday. We got out and played. Got the old truck running for my husband since he sold his. We were doing all kinds of things....then Sunday. I like winter and snow but I'm over it. Seems like we're getting teased with warm weather and then the next day...snow. I'm ready for warmth and planting season. I've still got veggies from last harvest but I'd like to get new out soon. Here in Ky though I was always taught that you didn't plant your garden until after Derby. No more frost after that day.

Peg~ Mom said that she would sell her dolls at $40-$45. She would just need to know what colors to use. We're also looking at reusing clothes from the Goodwill to make other clothing. I just bought this deep purple formal dress. It's beautiful but I don't like the top and it's so long my short self would be tripping all over the place. LOL.. Found a sweater that I'm going to make another stocking and use the arms for mittens. I've got all kinds of ideas popping up in my head.

Alicia~ Go play around on my website. There's a virtual makeover app on there too. I've played around on it. :) I ship all over the U.S. and it's free shipping too.

I love the idea of building a home from natural materials. I've fallen in love with Cob building. I want to learn to do it and then design a home. I've been reading up on them. Seems to me that they would be warmer and cooler than stick built homes. My house is always freezing during the winter. I have to turn up the thermostat just to stay warm. Of course, I grew up on wood heat so anything else seems to make me cold.

This weekend I will be spending the night in Louisville for a MK conference. I'll be with over a 1000 of my closest friends. LOL! It's always a fun time and you learn a lot from the National Directors that teach. I'm excited to go.

Well ladies, think I'll stop for now and put some sweatpants on. I did some exercising in shorts and now I'm cold. hee hee.. have a great day!!

RoDonna

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me

"For she is clothed with dignity and strength and without fear of the future"-Proverbs 31:25
www.marykay.com/rcarson4
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1502 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1502 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2014 :  12:54:52 PM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
I was actually a Mary Kay consultant a few years ago!I loved it but find customers was kind of hard because I didn't want to take away from anyone else and I wasn't getting a lottery orders. But I still love the Mary Kay products. Funny to say that I'm just now starting to run out of something! I went to the conference in St Louis in 2008. That was so much fun!! And very needed for me. My son passed away late 2007 so my Mary Kay family helps me get through a lot of my grief.

www.simplyaroma.com/aliciawinkler 100% certified therapeutic grade essential oils
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2014 :  12:16:23 PM  Show Profile
Hello Porch Sisters! I've been gone for so long but thought I'd see if there's still a spot on the porch swing available for me!!

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2014 :  4:13:15 PM  Show Profile
OMGoodness! Kim....certainly has been a while since we've seen you......grab a seat and dish!! How is everything going? How are the kiddos? New home?

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2014 :  7:36:27 PM  Show Profile
Hi gals, I was in Books A Million today and I picked up a spring issue of Belle Armoire and there, on the contents page was an advertisement for a familiar piece of creativity that, I told myself looked like something our creative Miss Bunny would make.
I looked down at the name under the pic and, low-n-behold, it WAS our Miss Bunny. So I looked around for that magazine that she told us to look for and there was one copy left. I grabbed it and leafed thru it and there she was, twice, her little black dress re-do and a very stylish jacket too. Maybe I found it late, but I was so tickled to know that, "HEY, I KNOW HER!!!" LOL I didn't expect see her name in 2 magazines(one telling me to look in the next issue of the other)But, there she was.
Nice work...of course...from our Miss Bunny!
We had 50's/sun today but that breeze was nippy. Hubby and I went out and enjoyed it, doing a little shopping and had lunch at a Mexican restaurant that was very tasty. The temps are suppose to stay in the 50's but rain starting tomorrow. If you look closely at the ground you can still see little ice mounds where once huge piles of snow were, where the snow plows piled it up. So you know the ground is really cold.
Well, gonna read a little and hit the sack.
Night Porchies!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

BarnChickCecily
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

Cecily
Corydon IN
USA
673 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2014 :  8:38:05 PM  Show Profile
Wow! I am always terribly behind commenting on here! RuthieAnn and Alicia, so sorry I left ya'll guessing on the "Corydon girl.' Sure didn't mean to. Also, I am slow at answering emails. So really sorry if I left you hanging. My small boys keep me so busy and sometimes I don't get to get on here. This sure is a nice break for me...visiting you gals. I really look forward to reading what everyone has been up to. Thanks for being patient with me!

Farmgirl Sister # 241
www.thebarnchick.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2014 :  9:48:30 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Hi my sisters.

The weather is still cold and a lot of snow still around but a lot gone also. I love snow but now I'm ready for it to be gone. They are still predicting snow here and there though! I'm ready to start digging in the dirt already!

My dog hasn't been feeling well and she's 13 1/2 so it's a worry at this age. I can't even think about it! Had to get her eye drops today...$140.00. She has glaucoma and is blind. Poor baby. She gets around very well considering.

Our Bunny sure is talented. What a gift she has. I have been snuggling with the quilt she made me when I had cancer. It's beautiful and warm too! I love it! Thanks again Bunny. I think of you everyday!

Anybody have any good recipes? Post some if you do. I'm sure we all get bored making the same old things. I'll look for some to post too.

Time for bed so until next time, pleasant dreams.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2014 :  11:13:57 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly...so good to
see you on The Porch today. Come back and share how you and the kids are doing in your new place.

Alicia...I did Mary Kay...years ago and so did my sister. They have good products.

Judy...you sound like me when I found Bunny in the advertizing too. I was so excited. We will all be able to say, "Hey, we knew her when!!!"

Cherime...are you lurking girl?? Seems like forever since we have heard from you. I know you are probably writing another book and helping friends etc.
But check in and let us know that you are OK.

Cecily...come on when ever you get a chance. We know you must be really busy with with your little ones.

Hey Darlene...sorry your dog isn't doing to well. It is sad when their health starts to become and issue.
Have you started your Hospice work yet?

Today was another nice day. Have been enjoying my walks.

I got another sweet gift yesterday from Country Treasure Judy from Canada. She made me the C.U.T.E.S.T Scotty Book Bag.
She has been really sick...so I was soooooo shocked that she made this bag for me. I have to share a picture so you
can see how adorable the fabric is. Thanks dear friend...I LOVE IT!!!

Have Sweet Dreams Girls,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2014 :  2:46:29 PM  Show Profile
Peg... that is ADORABLE!!!!! Lucky duck...er...dog??? LOL
Raining today... as predicted... but only 47...not 50's like they said.
It may snow tonight...AACCCCKKKKK...WHAT! Watch yer mouth!!! LOL
Later-Gators!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"

Edited by - herblady55 on Mar 19 2014 2:48:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

BarnChickCecily
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

Cecily
Corydon IN
USA
673 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2014 :  8:45:46 PM  Show Profile
PeggyAnn, your bag is adorable! Judy did a great job!

Could someone tell me which magazines Bunny is featured in?

Farmgirl Sister # 241
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2014 :  11:01:19 PM  Show Profile
Cecily....Bunny is in 'Altered Couture'.

Peg.....the bag is just cute as pie!! :)

My best to all,
Mel
https://etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage

Edited by - Kirksmom71 on Mar 19 2014 11:02:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1502 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1502 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2014 :  05:47:44 AM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
Cecily- No worries!! :D How old are your boys? Might have to try to MIRL sometime!!

Judy- How cool! I probably would have been all excited, too!! Bunny is pretty darn talented!

Peggy- Agreed! ;)

Darlene- Sorry about your puppy not feeling well. :( What kind of food do you like?

Go to Top of Page

BarnChickCecily
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

Cecily
Corydon IN
USA
673 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2014 :  05:57:35 AM  Show Profile
Alicia, my boys are 3 and 5. That would be wonderful to MIRL! Do you live close to Corydon?

Farmgirl Sister # 241
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1502 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1502 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2014 :  07:03:20 AM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
Up by Huntingburg. I have a 3 yo boy! Ever go to O'Bannon??

Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1502 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1502 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2014 :  07:21:25 AM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
HAPPY SPRING!!!

May the breezes blow warmly you way!

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2014 :  08:17:24 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! I need to take a break and what better thing to do than sit on the porch and have a cup of tea on the first day of spring? It's been crazy busy here trying to keep up with the cows having their babies and the weather unable to decide if it wants to be nice or cold. We're out the door by 6am and are just finishing up when the milkman shows up to take our milk. I don't know what we're going to do when the rest of the cows are milking. We have 7 dry cows and 12 heifers to add to the 25 we're already milking. We only milk 3 at a time so that'll add 6 more loads (at least another hour) onto our milking time. Last night it was 8:45 when we got into the house. We go out at 4:30. By the time I made supper and we ate then settled down enough to go to sleep it was 11:30. I pray we are able to find a new farm soon. We're not going to be able to keep going on so little sleep. Needless to say the running thing isn't happening.

Anyway, has anyone seen any signs of green yet? The snow is finally gone here - only to be replaced by A LOT of mud!!! The wheat isn't even greening up yet. The cows are shedding though so warmer weather should be on the way. I'm not sure what has happened to my crocuses. I thought they would be popping out of the ground by now, but there's no sign of them. Like everyone else - I'm so ready for spring and digging in the dirt! Mostly though I'm ready to feel the sun on my skin and put on some flip-flops.

Well, I need to do some laundry and some record work for the cows so I better get to it. Happy first day of spring to all :)

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2014 :  08:41:29 AM  Show Profile
Greetings all! What a lovely day to celebrate the Spring Equinox. 70's today in the great state of Texas! Spring has definitely sprung! Hope the rest of you are so blessed. If not.....it should be SOON! :)

Alicia and Cecily....it is so neat that you are near enough to eachother so you can meet. And how marvelous that you both have lil' boys. I love little boys.....I had two and was sooooo thrilled to raise sons!

Judy...I too was exited to pickup the mag with Bunny's items showcased. I couldn't wait to brag to the cashier that someone I was aquainted with had items in the magazine! :)

Finally have my Etsy shop up....it is definitely a work in progress but I made the plunge....it has a variety of items....crocheted, beaded, sewn. I hit the button yesterday at 4:20pm. My eldest sons' birth day and time.

My best to all,
Mel
https://etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage

Edited by - Kirksmom71 on Mar 20 2014 08:42:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2014 :  10:03:35 AM  Show Profile
It's good to be back! Thank you for the warm welcome.

Well I've been gone so long not sure where to start on catching you up. Moved closer to town. Live on one acre in a cute little house. My son who turned 8 now calls it the happy little house. I have two, count them two wood burning fireplaces to help keep the house cozy in the winter. One of them is in our schoolroom and the kids love doing their school work with the fire crackling. I'm in the process of filling up my raised beds with dirt/manure so we can garden this year. I'm also planting flowers and such. We got a puppy for Christmas. He's a Rough Collie. White with three black spots that basically form a triangle on his rump/back, thus the name Trinity. Our chickens are happy in their new little coop and the kids are selling eggs as a mini 4H project. My daughter turned 6 going on 16. Sheesh. Female hormones start early!!! :P I think I'm healing from the divorce. Like I'm coming out of the grief a bit. Becoming me again. Folks have been commenting that my laugh and smile are back and that there's a sparkle in my eye again. So that's nice. :)

I'm really enjoying helping out a friend with her daughters and their horses. The one horse is a breeze, just have to build the daughter's confidence. The other horse is an Arab in desperate need of an attitude adjustment and that daughter also needs more confidence. So we're working on it once a week. My kids love joining me there and playing with the younger kids.

I'm trying to figure out my finances. How I'm going to make a living and still be a stay at home, homeschooling mom. I have a couple of ideas just need to implement them and get things rolling. God will supply what I need as I need.

So I think that's a quick update on me. :) Now I need to get reacquainted with all of you!!!

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1502 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1502 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2014 :  10:08:39 AM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
Heather- just MUD! Blech....

Mel- Thanks! Your etsy shop looks good!

Kimberly- Hi! :)

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2014 :  11:51:13 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies...

OK...so, it's almost afternoon. LOL

Somebody asked what magazine that Bunny was featured in...it is Altered Coutre . The front cover has
a pair of Cowgirl Boots on it. Her Jacket and Article are the last one in the back of the magazine...
which is neat because it is the last cool thing featured in the Magazine so it leaves you with a wonderful
visual and nice article as the last thing to remember the magazine for. At least that was my perception of it.

Alicia and Cecily...that would be so nice if you two could meet and have a nice farmgirl visit while the
children played. Boys are wonderful and difficult at the same time. I raised 3 of them....love them dearly.
I wanted a girl but miscarried that little angel...but I know God knows me better than I know myself because
I think I was much better with boys than I would have been with girls. I was always a Tomboy growing up...at
least until high school then I came into my Girlishness. Now I have 2 wonderful DIL's and two beautiful
grand-daughter...so, I finally got my girls.

Kimberly...so glad that God is finally pulling you and the kids through the trauma of the divorce. That is so
difficult to go through but glad to hear you have a smile on your face and sparkle back in your eyes. Sounds
like the children feel the happiness too. That is truly a God thing. Trust him always and he will be your husband
and a Father to your children.

Herblady Judy and Darlene...I hope you get Spring soon. It looks like Spring here but still on the colder side this
week. Have lots of Spring flowers blooming all around us and pink cherry trees, magnolias, camilia and forsythia all
in bloom right now. And emerald green grass. That is one advantage of living in the Pacific Northwest. We may get a lot
of rain but it makes for a riot of Breathtakingly Beautiful Landscape.

Heather...WOW, you guys work long and hard hours. If you move to a bigger farm are you going to hire some Ranch hands to
help you with the work load? Probably helps you keep a girlish figure...but then you are to exhausted to do anything else.
You are indeed a true blue farmgirl. I'm just a wanna-be. LOL

It is one of those days today...where it doesn't know if it wants to be sunny and nice or rainy and overcast. I think we
are in for a little bit of everything today. I woke up hurting and fatigued...so, in order to make it to teach Bible
Study tonight...I need to stay home and cat-nap today. My DIL asked if I wanted to run errands with her and Elijah today...and
I would have loved to if I wasn't already fatigued before the day started.

Well girlies...ENJOY your day and make somebody Happy in some small way,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1502 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1502 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2014 :  11:55:08 AM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
Peggy- I understand that loss well. I lost a son, 16 mo old in a car accident. Another driver ran a red light and tboned us. Then a year an a half later had a miscarry at 17 weeks. <3

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2014 :  12:37:49 PM  Show Profile
Alicia...it is hard enough to miscarry a child but I cannot even begin to wrap my head around losing your
16 month old in a car accident. I am sooooooooooooooo very sorry for both your losses but especially
the 16 month old.
I know that I grieved for our little girl for several years...but God moved me through the pain and in to the knowledge that she
was safe with Him and someday I would see her face to face. She would have been my fourth and last child
and the girl I always wanted but...life goes on and God had a plan.

Thanks for sharing your loss and pain with me.

Hugs and prayers,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page