Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2014 :  8:09:38 PM  Show Profile
Hi all, Well, now that we got TTammy, we are on our way to get PTammy. *giggle* We are stretched to the gills for sure. This is fun.
Wow, nice package from Peggy for winning that drawing PTammy. Lots of neat stuff. Good for you. Peg always sends great stuff. I can't believe the haul you made on those baskets. You are just being Blessed right and left lately aren't you?
Cherime, I liked your sun thru the trees even if it was faint. Isn't hauling your own fuel dangerous. 55 gallons is a lot.
Well, I think it's bedtime for me. Being a groundhog and predicting the weather tomorrow morning is hard on this old girl I have to get up with the sun and stare at a bunch of people who may or may not like what I have to say. It's a tough life...but someone has to do it. hahaha My Mama calls me at 9:04 AM(the hour I was born) and sings to me on my answering machine, then I pick it up and(save it)and she asks me if I saw my shadow and I say no, then she tells me to put sunglasses on and walk backwards so I won't see it. I tell her that I just won't look down at the ground. lol It's the same story for us each year. I'm Blessed to still have my Mama to tease me every year. I Praise God for sparing her from the(C)so that I can have her for awhile longer. Thank You Lord!
Go "good Night Ladies"(singing)

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2014 :  8:20:35 PM  Show Profile
Judy, diesel is no where as volatile as gasoline. It's just a question of getting it here without major spillage. I have a 55 gallon drum to use for the purpose. The pix was so much nicer in person. The pink was hot pink.
Gypsy T, it sure is easy to go overboard on some stuff. And it does seem to me as always the media wants to put females of every age in their only self designated pigeon holes. I for one aint going. Neither have any of my girls or my grand daughters. Thank God. On the brighter note. Wow! That basket sounds great.

Blog http://cherimemacfarlane.wordpress.com
Cherime
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2014 :  09:03:01 AM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Judy! I hope you have a wonderful day! What a great tradition you have with your mom. Brings a smile to my face thinking about it. One year my grandpa called to tell me happy birthday. He didn't pay attention to who answered the phone and ended up singing happy birthday to my husband!! He didn't repeat the performance for me.

I'm very behind on this trip. I was going to suggest we stop in and say hi to Connie and give her cousin Melissa a big hug while we're in TN and maybe stop at Nashville - someplace I hope to really go some day. But, I see we are way past that. I do love the Midwest though. I've never been through Nebraska so that'll be fun! My hubby will be very jealous when I tell him we're headed to ND! It's his favorite state. Maybe on our way through we could go to the corn palace! I've not seen it yet. In ND we need to stop at Medora. They have pitchfork fondue! (I'm not sure it's this time of the year though) I could use one of those peanut butter cups if there's any left and some caffeine - what kind of pop do we have?

It rained all day yesterday, but it didn't melt all the snow. Sometime in the night it turned back to snow. We now have a couple inches of snow on top of a layer of ice :( It's very slippery just walking around the barnyard. I can't even imagine what the roads are like. We're supposed to have another system come through Tuesday, but the weather radio said it's too far away to predict where the snowfall will hit. I've never heard it say that before!!!! It's been quite a winter that's for sure. I'm glad we're on vacation. Where are we going to stop for dinner? I haven't had Italian in a while - how does that sound to everyone?

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2014 :  09:37:26 AM  Show Profile
HAPPY GROUNDHOG DAY Porchies! Did the groundhog see his shadow? I haven't listened to the radio yet. I've had time to open gifts from hubby and eat DQ cake ...for breakfast no less, but no time for the radio. hahahahaha Gotta have priorities don'cha know!LOL It's snowing really light-ish and is really gray. I'm sure General Stark(Stark County's Groundhog) didn't see his shadow. He was probably still snoring when they pulled him out of his hole. hahaha I got 2 cards, 1 from Rascal and one from Dave. I got a pink cherry blossom gift set with shower gel and foot care all in one. I got a cherry Skittles candle, some cinnamon-bun fragrance oil and a 10" Orgreenic skillet. Always wanted to know if those were any good, now I'll know. LOL I got another bunny sleeper. Now I can wash one and sleep in one. They are soooo warm. When I washed the other one I whined the whole time because my other jammies weren't warm enough. LOL I even had to put sweatpants over my jammie bottoms just to be warm 'nuff! It gets COOOOLD here! *giggle*
Well, now that we have both Tammy's, we are on our way to Bunny's house. Heading west on 90. We are in Montana. Been loving the scenery and wildlife on this trip. The wildlife in this car is something to see too. hahahahahahahaha
Hey, I think when we get to Idaho we need to stop and see MaryJane. After all, SHE IS the reason we are even on this trip. What do ya think?

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2014 :  10:08:29 AM  Show Profile
Maybe MaryJane will join us! Wouldn't that be a vacation to remember!! If not I bet we could at least have tea with her. That would be great in my book. If it weren't for her I wouldn't have the privilege of knowing you fine ladies. I'd love to tell her thanks in person. Great idea Judy! I'd eat cake for breakfast too if it were my birthday. LOL!!!

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2014 :  2:21:43 PM  Show Profile
Judy, Happy Birthday. Sounds like you are getting spoiled!
Cherime, good luck hauling your fuel. Doesn't sound like fun. I always had my son around to get my propane bottle filled. It was a big tall one. I couldn't lift it if I tried. Full, it would have never happened.

I sold 5 dresses yesterday to the same lady! I was very happy about that. I have 5 outfits finished to replace them. I just can't seem to get up to 100 items on my shop. Not a bad thing considering it's because I keep selling stuff.

I got a pet sitting job for later this month. It's for two little corgis. I will stay over night with them for three nights. So far I have two pet sitting jobs and some decent sales for my shop. I just hope it keeps going up. I have a money goal I have to reach on a consistent basis each month before I can think about going back to California. Maybe I'll get lucky and wait until the drought is one.

Back to work! Later farmgirls!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2014 :  3:15:45 PM  Show Profile
Bunny..congrats on the sales....hope you continue to do well with that! :) Pray each that you will achieve your goal in good time!

Cherime and Tammy.....knowing what most everyone here reads....I was not going to mention Fifty Shades but I feel a compulsion here to make a comment.....Fifty Shades of Gray is not so much about abuse, it's about dominance but if you hold out for the entire set you realize it is so much more than that! More about evolution, change, love, understanding and the need for acceptance. I saw so much more depth in the book than just sex. That's my two cents....no offense to anyone!

Judy....Happy B-day to You!!!!!!!!!Hope it's a marvelous day! And I don't think anyone gets to see a shadow today.. LOL

Sorry y'all passed by Texas....it was 73 on Friday...although it's 32 and freezing rain at the moment! LOL

Have a fun vacation....off to watch THE game, they have 50 degrees today! :)

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2014 :  6:58:50 PM  Show Profile
Hello Gals, I've had a great birthday. Thanks for all the well-wishes. We had a real super gray day. By the looks of the weather map,most of the U.S. is cloudy. I'm getting sleepy...at 10 PM. I didn't sleep much last night. Went to bed around 1 this morning and woke up at 5...then cat-napped til 9. I hate those kinds of sleep interruptions, don't you? No particular reason for it either.
Nite Porchies!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2014 :  9:21:38 PM  Show Profile
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUDY GIRL!!!!! WHAT A FABULOUS DAY...YOUR BIRTHDAY AND MY SEAHAWKS WON THE SUPER BOWL!!!

I Have done nothing today but go to Church, come home and watch the game with DH and eat BBQ WINGS, and now
trying to decide whether to scream and stomp my feet at some of the gals on Mail Art...or just close it down
for good. These women who can't stay committed to Swaps are driving me out of my ever-loven mind! Because I
am sick of trying to soothe hurt feelings. I have been on MJF for 4 or 5 years (maybe more...I can't remember)
and this is always a major problem on every Swap. I feel like I'm constantly beating my head on a very hard rock.

Glad my Porchie Buds are much much much more dependable!!! THANK YOU!!!

Well, I have to go vote about four people off the MAIL ART ISLAND!

More Later...big hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

"Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly!" P.Smith Mail Art Hostess
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2014 :  12:00:27 PM  Show Profile
Mel, just wait, you'll get yours this summer when it is over 100 degrees.

Peggy, I'm afraid the swap issue is why I don't do them. I tend to go overboard and then feel bad when I don't get anything. Sorry you have to be the bad guy and vote ladies off.

It tried to snow this morning. I really don't want any snow. My truck is just not liking snow in the city for some reason. I actually think I need new tires. But just can't afford them right now.

Homework is calling.... later all.

Bunny

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2014 :  1:04:18 PM  Show Profile
Ha! Ha! Bunny....you are so right. We can have one to two months straight of over 100 days! But we have had way too much cold for Texas this winter. But I feel so bad for all my family and friends in Chicago....I don't even remember it being that cold for so long in Illinois. Maybe once about 30 years ago. :)
I have got to get to the store to see your mag entry! Too lazy to get in the car and drive! Isn't that too pathetic? LOL

Peggy...I know how sad it is to have people not follow through on swaps. I don't join too often for that reason. I did enjoy the Mail Art for a time...before you took over. My very first partner experience was a piss poor one! I think she joined and never came back to the forum....I put my heart and soul into that very first Mail Art and was soooo disappointed to have a flake for a partner. But I soldiered on for a bit and enjoyed all the Mail Art I received. Dotee Dolls were fun for awhile also.....guess I get tired of things easily and I would prefer giving and just not receiving....but I confess I truly love the acknowledgement. :)Can you say shallow?

My best to all,
Mel

Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2014 :  1:04:52 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Glad you had a good birthday, sis! ..and YES the groundhog saw his shadow down here, so 6 more weeks gals!You should get my card today.I'm getting slow in that dept. but at least it's on its way. :)

Peggy: thanks for the cute card and tea. Smelled like cinny when I opened the envy. Love those 2 teas too.

Next time we gas up we better get some more caffeine stuff. Ran out of pop and p.b.cups. :):)

Bunny: Congrats on the sales! Keep up the good work!

That was a mighty nice haul of food! 2 baskets, man oh man. That's a LOT of carrots. You should never need glasses. (my dad used to say that about eating carrots, (you ever see a rabbit with glasses?) He's been gone 4 years on the 13th of this month, sure do miss him.

That is a great idea, stopping in at Mary Janes and having tea with her. I'm ready to get out of this car for sure!

I have an old post card of the corn palace! Would love to see it for real!

We had 60+ today, so was outside picking up the sticks that blew out of the trees last night from all the rain we got, about an inch for sure. We noticed the line where the back stream had risen was quite high on the grass.
So nice to NOT hear the gas heater kick on so much today.

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2014 :  2:28:49 PM  Show Profile
Only have a minute - it's milking time! But, I wanted to say thank you Peggy! What a beautiful card and the teas smell delicious. I can't wait to try them!

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2014 :  4:51:03 PM  Show Profile
Well...I kicked everyone off the Mail Art Island including myself. I just don't need the continued Stress and Grief.
Now, I think I am on the MJF Office Poop List. They want my complete list of Mail Artists. Fine by me! I did my best
and I am good at what I do...so, I do not feel badly that I could no longer take the STRESS AND GRIEF. Life is too
short and I plan to spend it doing what makes me Happy and a Blessing to Others.

More Later girlies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2014 :  6:00:51 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies,
Peggy so sorry for your grief. It is why I only do our tea swap. I wanted to thank you for the lovely tea card and tea. I am anxious to sit down with a cuppa.
Judy happy belated birthday.
It is supposes to snow here off and on this week...I am hoping for a snow day.
well off I go to evening tea and new episode of Castle.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Today Is The Day
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2014 :  7:17:39 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, you poor thing. That's what I went thru the last couple of years with a a couple of tea-gals...remember? It stressed me out too. I just wanted to have fun and give and get teas, not grind my teeth to stubs. LOL Enough is enough, ya know? BIG(((HUGS)))Girlfriend!! TYTYTY...I got your lovely tea card and great smelling teas. Both my are my favs! You always have the prettiest cards. I saw some of that type in Amish country today. Hubby and I spent the day out enjoying the sunshine and I got my birthday dinner. We don't go out and do things on Sonday, so today was a beautiful day to go out. Yesterday was gray and cold anyhow.
Patsy, we will be stopping for gas soon so you can replenish your goodies then. Who's driving next...I'm tired and cross-eyed! We'll be at Mary Jane's in about an hour.
Woo-hoo! Bunny, we'll be at your house on Wednesday about noon. Ya ready to squeeze into the "Crazy-bug?"
Looks like we have another snow-storm coming in tomorrow evening. Could be a doozy. It's coming up from the S.W. and going N.E., so we'll see how much of it makes it this far. Hunker down with those cows Heather! Ya'll keep warm Girl!
Be safe Porchies! Love Yuns!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2014 :  7:23:59 PM  Show Profile
Peg..so sorry you had to exit the Mail Art Island....I know you enjoyed the art part! People are the problem .....I just do not understand joining something and then letting everyone down....Glad you won't have the Stress and Grief! You'll find better ways to spend your precious time!

TLTammy...sure hope you get your snow day!

My best to all,
Mel

You're going to live either the life chosen or the life assigned. I want you to live the life chosen. -Dr. Phil McGraw

Edited by - Kirksmom71 on Feb 03 2014 7:32:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2014 :  7:57:11 PM  Show Profile
Peg, sometimes you wonder about what makes people tick. But putting the brakes on when things are out of hand is about all you can do. Rest lady, you have earned it.

Blog http://cherimemacfarlane.wordpress.com
Cherime
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2014 :  8:31:14 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Hi Ladies,

Sorry I have been MIA. Some medical issues but better now.

Happy BD Judy. You are still a youngster to some of us! LOL! Sorry I missed the trip!

Peggy, didn't get the tea yet but can smell the cinnamon already! Yummy! I stopped doing swaps too. I will selectively do them maybe. The postage is prohibitive also. The tea swap is the best one. I will send what I want to who I want without a swap.Yeah SEAHAWKS!

Bunny, Congrats on the magazine and the sales. I am still amazed at how you do your outfits. Such talent.

Heather, I used your football material and tractor material to do Prayer Pillows and they came out so cute. Thank you.

We got about 6" of snow today and they are predicting 10 to 12 on Wed. My husband is complaining non stop. I on the other hand, love the snow!

My tea will go out soon. Will let you all know when it is sent.

I have received all the tea from everyone and love all the goodies. When I wasn't feeling well I tried to post a few times and it got eaten or flew into never never land and I didn't try to post again.

Blessings to you all and have a safe trip!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2014 :  9:20:04 PM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies..

Glad the Teas are finally showing up. I love pretty cards and glad that you girls do too.
I just had a cuppa the Choc/Rose tea and I must say I love it. I heard Judy talk about it
a couple months ago and I knew it ticked the box for me...Choc and Rose two of my favorite
things and boy do they go together well. The Hot Cinnamon Spice is my all time favorite tea.
That one ought to warm-up all you girls in the cold/snowy weather.

Thanks for all you words of encouragement. I hated to have to give up Mail Art myself...but as
Mel said (I believe) I can just make Mail Art and give them as Random Acts of Kindness...if I
want to make something.

Judy...I know that it only takes one or two people to mess up a Swap of any Kind. But every month I would
have 6-12 women who wouldn't get any mail art. Then I would have many more who would never know if the
person they made mail art for even received it, liked it or appreciated it. They would hear NOTHING...
which is so rude and inconsiderate. So, anyway girlfriend...I know that you know my frustrations.
JUDY HOPE YOUR BIRTHDAY WAS AS SPECIAL AS YOU ARE GIRL!!! I wish I lived in Amish Country...I would love to
go through some of their shops.

Teacher Tammy...hope you get your snow day my friend. How is your Bible Study going? My group is really enjoying
our Max Lucado study "Experiencing Jesus". ~ I also wanted to share with you that I just made a Prayer Shawl that
I created myself. I actually made it so you could put your arms in it...almost like a cape shawl. It turned out
rather amazing...the gals in my Bible Study Group were impressed with it and one of them wants me to make her one.
I took a couple pictures of it which I will try to post after the Farmgirl who I made it for receives it. LOL
Nobody on the Porch...so, I'm safe talking about it.

Mel...everybody likes to be recognized and appreciated when you do something nice for someone. I don't think it's selfish
to feel that way. When I was a Manager...I tried to always remind my employees how much I appreciated them and that we
were all like one big Happy Family. I did tell one of the College Students One time that they needed to clean-up after
themselves in the break room because I wasn't their mama and I wasn't cleaning up after them...and he looked at me and
said, "Yeah, Peggy you sort of are our Mama!" LOL

Heather...how are those cows doing? Glad that you liked the Tea Card too. I'm sorry that you were affected by my stopping
Mail Art. I think you enjoyed it as much as I did.

Cherime...I do feel like I have had a big weight lifted off my shoulders already.

Well girlies...have a nice night and stay warm.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2014 :  10:03:13 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, Your tea is wonderful! Thank you! I just want to lie down with the chocolate rose tea next to my face and take a nap. I'm sure that would make for a lovely rest! You know that the forget-me-nots will be in my little garden this Spring! Yes, you do always have the prettiest cards! and you take such care in decorating the envelopes...that little butterfly sticker is so pretty.

Would one of you "tea ladies" mind e-mailing me the 2014 list for tea exchange? Somehow, I don't have it. Not saying it wasn't sent..just that I don't have it, and I don't want to leave anyone out. Thank you!

Happy B'day late (Oh, goodness, celebrate all week, Judy!) Sounds like you had a sweet day!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2014 :  10:42:58 AM  Show Profile
I can't remember where we post a "thank you" for RAOKs. So I will do it here.

Thank you, Peggy! I don't know how you knew I r-e-a-l-l-y needed a pick-me-up at this point! You did it! This is just so thoughtful! Peggy sent me this beautiful book on flowers and had it bookmarked to guess what page? Hugs and even tears still when I think of it. Thank you, for caring.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2014 :  12:36:30 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Forgot to thank Peggy for the wildflower seed packet also. Can't wait to get out there and play in the dirt again. Oh, and guess what? Not one stamp was struck on that envy! When you send a card, the WHOLE thing is a gift. I slit mine open on the end and told hubby to look inside. flower print inside too, so preeeeeetty!
So glad you quit that insanity Mail Art business too!

Yay! Finally getting out of this Snug Bug for a while. Needed some RC and Reese PB cups. Mary Jane, here we come! Be ready Bunny!
Ok sis, appoint a driver since no one volunteered yet...onward...hooooooooooooooo!

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2014 :  6:27:27 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies! Sounds like I need to make a trip to the post office and see if I have an envelope! :O) Chocolate/Rose sounds divine. Might have to make do with Chocolate covered strawberry tonight though lol.

Bunny - Congrats! You are rolling.

I agree with everybody about swaps. When I first joined I didn't have a lot of money so I would feel horrible about not having spent the same amount on the person I exchanged with and felt I was cheating them even though I'd put a lot of effort into mine. Stupid probably but I decided to do more basic swaps like our tea swap here. To find a lot of the extras around here would be impossible unfortunately.

Just found out that Bountiful Baskets will start a drop here in town next week! So excited, we won't need to drive 45 minutes to get them now. I forgot to post a pic of the basket, this is just one basket's worth.

Snack stock up: Twizzlers and Mt. Dew! I'll take over driving if need be.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2014 :  7:11:04 PM  Show Profile
ok ladies, I suggest we go somewhere warm...it is -23 here and although we got about 2 inches of snow..the wind chill is really the problem. It is looking like school tomorrow.

Peggy we didn't have bible study tonight due to weather but I have learned a great deal about John. I am reading a book right now called Chasing God by Angie Smith. A rather interesting book. Still working on my afgan but have had little time to work on it. Oh I wish we would get a snow/cold day off.

well ladies I hope you are all warm and cozy and having some tea. I am off for tea now.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Today Is The Day
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page