Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2013 :  3:51:08 PM  Show Profile
Hi Bunny, I'm glad you found it. Her daughter must be really tiny, huh?
Well I went to our Urgent Care here in town this morning. Then I slept for about 3 1/2 hours this afternoon.
I not only have shingles, but thrush too. THRUSH!!! I thought that was a baby disease. hahaha Hubby said it's a
fungal disease. Ok...I can't remember the last time I slobbered all over my crib, and I'm pretty sure that my
binky is loooong gone...why thrush now? So weird! Hubby said, any number of reasons. Fungus is in the air we
breath even. ummmm...ok....sure. So I have a Nystatin mouth swish and some more anti-fungal tablets.
So...I'm going to knock this thing out or it's gonna knock me out, we shall see.
I heard from Patsy&Jim. They had a rough night camping. She forgot her Alka-Seltzer Cold Plus and her nose jammed up.
hahahahaha I said, "Since when did packing for camping mean bringing the medicine chest???" hahaha We are getting old!
They have a site right beside the water and are watching ducks&geese swim by and are enjoying their fire and some biking.
They took their(folding)boat and are going fishing tomorrow. I don't know about yuns but(I)personally don't think that
the words...FOLDING and BOAT...belong in the same sentence. It just gives me the creeps. I conjure up allll kinds of
horrid scenes. Boats are not suppose to F-O-L-D...they are just suppose to F-L-O-A-T!!!
Ok Gals...what's knew with YOU!!!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2013 :  6:02:50 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies, I wanted to share God's beautiful artwork for me this morning out my front door. He does some breathtaking work.

Love to you all,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Today Is The Day
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2013 :  10:29:37 PM  Show Profile
As My youngest Son said when he was 3 and looking at a Sunset..."Mommy, God has prettier
color crayons than I do."

Your Picture...Teacher Tammy...Is Gorgeous! God does good Art Huh?

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

"Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly!" P.Smith Mail Art Hostess
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2013 :  07:04:51 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, that IS Gorgeous!
I call that a "Baby-Blanket" sky!
Hubby calls it "Cotton-Candy" sky!
Shows ya how the male and female minds work! LOL

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2013 :  07:26:27 AM  Show Profile
Tammy - beautiful photo, thanks so much for sharing.

Peggy - love that cute jacket and the little one's oomment about the crayons - priceless!

Bunny - love your clothes, wish I was younger and skinnier!!

Judy - so sorry you're not feeling well. I didn't realize you could get shingles over and over - ugh.................and I agree, I thought thrush was something only babies get.

Everybody have a great day - it is getting quite cold here in Northeastern PA (35 this AM) so time to get out the warm clothes. Left some hot cider and cider donuts on the porch if anybody is hungry.

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2013 :  3:38:25 PM  Show Profile

MY FIRST FALL MEAL...ANYONE WANT TO COME FOR DINNER?? I almost forgot the Onions (that's why 2
separate pictures).

I invited the youngest son and DIL and baby. A young man working in Produce at Chucks Grocery
yesterday said "You Must Be Making A Pot Roast!" I said, "Well, yes I am." He told me that sounded so good. He said that the only time he gets Home cooking like that is when he visits
his mama....but he said, "That makes the visit all the more Special!" Isn't that true Girls???

So, heck I just had to invite my kiddo's over to enjoy it too. And they accepted in no time flat.
My son will only eat beef that is Range Free/Grain Fed...No Injections of growth hormones etc...and I am getting that way too.

I went for a drive with DH today on one of his serves and I took these two pictures:

Fall is In The Air Everywhere!!

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 24 2013 3:40:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2013 :  4:25:59 PM  Show Profile
Peg, All I can say is "YUMMY" and "OOOOOOO....PREEEEETY!!!" LOL
Thanks for sharing!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2013 :  8:39:48 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies! I tried to leave a message last night and just as I got done typing it - POOF - it was gone! I didn't have the heart or energy to retype it last night. I'm so glad to see so much chatter. Is the board more active or have I been MIA for too long?

Bunny - I told you it was your turn!!!! I'm so excited for you. I can't wait to see a picture of the skirt.

Peggy - That roast looks delicious! I know I was in the fall mood and cooked up a pot of chili and a skillet of cornbread for supper tonight. Figures it was the warmest it's been in 2 weeks today. Over the weekend while I was working at W*lmart I saw these cute red stoneware looking bowls that look like huge mugs with handles. I immediately thought they'd be awesome with chili in them so I picked up the last 2. M* liked them so much I picked up another 2 a couple days later when I saw they'd been restocked LOL

Darlene - thank you so much for the teas! I'm drinking the rooibos chocolate strawberry one as I type this. It's absolutely delicious.

I finished my training last week and go permanent next week! It's such a feeling of accomplishment although with the new contract I'm wondering if I know anything. Codes don't match, different codes, different everything. It's supposed to change over but who knows how long it will take. I'm not feeling very confident at the moment.

I've been decorating my cube at work in fall décor. I've got fall leaf vines with colored berries strung around all 3 sides. There's a cute owl bowl with candies in it for those times we need a blast of sugar. I have small wooden crate that I'm keeping my scrap paper in (recycling of used paper). My latest touch was a plaque that says "Fall blessings on all who enter". I've got a big section of wall I still need to figure out. It's starting to feel homey. By the time I get it to where I want it they'll tell me I can go home to work LOL Okay I'm off to bed. Hope everybody enjoys this wonderful fall weather.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2013 :  12:51:32 PM  Show Profile
WOW! Is it quiet here or am I in some kind of "time-warp?" LOL
I'm feeling somewhat better. My side of my face doesn't feel tender or "jap-slapped" anymore. THAT'S a BIG deal!hahaha
Took Mama to her blood testing today. She is so weak she can hardly get in 'n out of my car. And she wears layers of clothes,
a sweater and jacket just to go out. Poor, poor Mama!
I wish she didn't have to endure that next chemo. Ya know!
Doing laundry and hanging it out today. Sunny and breezy.
That's about it for us here.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2013 :  5:41:31 PM  Show Profile
Yeah, kinda boring around here too. I have just been doing homework. A little sewing. Got two more things in my etsy store. Mother driving me nuts. Judy, can we trade?

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2013 :  5:41:46 PM  Show Profile
P. Gypsy Tammy...Oh, your chili and cornbread sound like good comfort food for Fall too.
The Roast was a big Hit with the family. ~ I always loved decorating my work Office too.
It just makes you feel good when you can surround yourself with things you love. Happy
and Cheerful things. ~ Did you give up your Wall-Mart Job?

Hi Ya Judy...Oh, I feel so sorry for your poor little Mama. It has got to be so hard for
you seeing her struggle. Keep your Spirits high girl...she needs your strength.
It has been quiet on the Porch...that is for sure.

More Later...My Rib Cage feels like somebody beat me with a 2x4...it's just the Fibro Flaring.
Very rainy,windy,& stormy around here this weekend. They said to have candles and Flashlights
handy tonight. Oh JOY!

Hugs and Squishies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2013 :  09:17:34 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, we have had rain here for way too long too. My mom is trying to get the windows painted around the house before the appraisal for her reverse mortgage. The poor guys have been working in the rain to get it done.
I get the fibro pain. you are dealing with too. I get this feeling of a heavy weight on my chest and the same rib cage pain. Especially when I visit the ocean or sometimes even Portland. It starts to ease up by Hood River. I actually have been doing pretty well all things considered. I do nap every day.

Hopefully I'll be going to Saturday Market next weekend. I was suppose to go this weekend but my friend wasn't feeling well and well, it's raining. By 3pm I would be a basket case with pain.

Off to $5.00 bag day at Salvation Army. Need more stuff!!

Later all. Judy, praying for Momma! It will be over soon. Then she can spend the winter healing up.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2013 :  11:59:21 AM  Show Profile

Just a few of my Favorite Fall Things!

Hi Bunny...glad to hear from you girlie. Isn't this weather a pain in the backside? (OK...in our
entire BODY!) Were you talking about the Saturday Market in Portland or do you have one there
in The Dalles? I didn't make it to Portland's yet this year. I like to go at least once each
year. I hate crowds! I think being short (5ft 1")...large crowds make me feel claustrophobic.

Wow...your mom is doing a Reverse Mortgage huh? I talked my Mom out of doing one of those.
But my brother thought she should do one at the time...but...it is up to each individual whether
they feel they need to do that to get through in life. My mom doesn't need to. She isn't rolling in money but she has enough to get by comfortably and she is very frugal with money and her house
has been paid off for years.

Well, I am off to start working on my grandsons, Christmas Stocking...it is going to take me for
ever and I should be working on it more than I have been.

More Later girlies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 28 2013 12:09:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2013 :  5:10:58 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, my mom will lose the house without the reverse mortgage. It is better than nothing. I made sure she did plenty of research. She isn't interested in leaving my sister or me the house or anything for that matter. My sisters want everything they can get their hands on. I don't want anything. I'm just thankful the stress of coming up with the mortgage will be gone. Plus, when I move away (if ever), I know she will be able to afford everything.

Well, it's nap time.. later.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2013 :  8:40:12 PM  Show Profile
Hi Bunny...yeah sweetie, I totally get that! Your Mom's situation is way different than
my mom's. I want my mom to keep her house in case someday she needs to go into an assisted
living place...she can sell it and be able to pay for that. Larry and I can't take her in
because we just live in a small apartment....and she doesn't want to move here in the first place.
So, I am like you in a way Bunny because I don't want anything of hers either. I don't want her
house or anything. I want her to use all her assets to provide for her own needs and living.

Well, not much happening here...but the Monsoons.
Lots of flooding, trees down and electricity out in some areas.
I just took the dog out and almost got blown away.

Stay safe girl!

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2013 :  09:17:29 AM  Show Profile
I'm seeing a bit of sunshine trying to peek through. Would be nice! I got two dresses finished yesterday but couldn't get pictures because of the rain. I'm working on an inside photo area. Just need a decent backdrop and some good photo lights.

Peggy, I forgot to tell you how much I loved your pictures. You make them all soft and warm looking.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2013 :  7:22:05 PM  Show Profile
Ooooooo-eeeeeeee! What a day we all have had here. Took Mama to the family doctor for her follow up to see how her thyroid was doing. I had an appointment just after hers to establish myself with a family doctor since I don't have one. With Mama having cancer I figure that I should at least get established in case I need one.
SOOOOOO....the doctor looks at Mama and says, You look pregnant and ready to pop." Mom was soooo swelled in stomach and legs. She sent us to the E.R. and that was 1:30 and we just got home at 9:30. Mama was finally admitted because they are going to drain the fluid out of her stomach tomorrow around 9 or 10 AM. We hadn't eaten this morning because of assuming we had to have blood work done at both of our appts. Hubby took me down to eat after we got some word on what they were going to do with her for sure. That was around 7.
So, gals....I'm whooped, I'm going to bed. Will keep you posted.
So sorry that some of yuns are getting drown and feel like crap to boot. I can feel your weariness too.
Nite all.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2013 :  9:22:09 PM  Show Profile
Judy, so sad momma is feeling bad and back in the hospital. Good thing the doctor sent you to the ER.
Have a good night sleep!

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2013 :  10:58:57 PM  Show Profile
Oh Judy...I am also so sorry about you Mama. She must have been so uncomfortable with all
that fluid on her belly. I hope she won't have to stay there too long. Is she done with all
her Chemo Treatments now?

I bet you are just down right weary from all the worry, stress and caring for your Mama...but
I know you...you would always put her first and do whatever you have to. You are a good daughter,
Miss Judy!

Not much going on here today. Felt a little bit better...as the rain is letting up.

I will be leaving on Thursday Morning for My 4 day Women's Retreat at The Beach. Praying that
it won't be raining...should be lots of Fun...with sisters to laugh and carry-on with. We
always do lots of shopping, eating and laughing.

Night Girlies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2013 :  4:30:07 PM  Show Profile
Got some good news today. I found out the magazine I submitted 3 outfits to hasn't rejected any of them so far. They could hold onto them for up to a year for other issues. So relieved my stuff might still get in...and it's not lost in the mail.

Peggy, have a wonderful time at your retreat!!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2013 :  5:24:44 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies. Fall weather has finally arrived (again). I'm loving the cooler nights for sleeping and the crisp morning air when I take the dogs out. Nicer for evening walks too.

PeggyAnn - sorry you're having so many problems with your fibro! The chili and cornbread really did hit the spot. I love hearty food now that it's cooling down. No, I haven't quit W*lmart yet. I keep going back and forth about it. Now that we've been hired in permanent our pay is going down (almost $4/hr) so I'm cautious of giving up the extra $300-$400 a month from working weekends until I'm sure I won't need it. The amount we're losing actually now goes toward our benefits and I'll only have to pay about $25 a paycheck for my medical, dental, and vision plus any extra I want to put towards the health saving plan. I REALLY don't want to work during Black Friday and all that nonsense. I did buy my ticket for my son's wedding in December and also paid for my rental car. Now I just need to pay for the hotel and my trip will be paid for in full except for meals and incidentals before I leave. It's a wonderful feeling to be able to be able to pay for it before and not have to worry if I'll run out of money.

Bunny - what magazines have your pictures that they're going to use? I'm so excited for you!

Judy - sorry to hear your mother is having such a rough time. Thankfully the treatments are almost over. I understand the constantly cold thing - I have a bad thyroid and I'm always cold.

Book reading: I'm still working on Roverandom by Tolkein. If you have kids it would be a great story to read to them. I read How to Become a Food Budget Ninja (Kindle). Wasn't much impressed with it. I read 2 romances that I borrowed from the library at work. We had a couple days when I forgot my bag with my book and knitting in it and was desperate for some reading material. I think the one was called "A Heathen Christmas" and the other one was Debbie Macomber's The Manning Sisters. Both books were pretty good.

Okay, I'm off to check on supper and hopefully to get some sock knitting done tonight.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2013 :  6:10:33 PM  Show Profile
Hi all.
Bunny Great news. Hoping all will be sooner rather than later.
Judy, sorry about moma. But at least someone is going to do something.
Peggy have a good time.
Looks like the roof is going to hold for a while.
Got one book done just waiting on artwork from #1 son. 3/4 done with another. Blessings all.

Blog http://cherimemacfarlane.wordpress.com
Cherime
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2013 :  6:48:27 PM  Show Profile
Slept like a rock last night Gals! Drank so much to rehydrate before bed and still only got up once...and didn't cheat and use a cath either. hahaha Went in around 9 to be with Mama during her paresenthesis(sp)...draining the fluids out of the stomach cavity area...which is why she couldn't hardly breath. She was all done when we got there. She rubbed her stomach and cheerfully proclaimed, "Look, it's almost flat again!" I said, "Well, look at you, so it is!" She had a gallon and a half drained out. But don't ya know, within the 5 hours that we were there, some of it was coming back. They are going to keep her a few days and find out why it is filling up, what kind of fluid it is and why her liver is acting up now too. Poor Mama! So chipper thru it all though. Such a sport! Many of the staff there remember her. They like taking care of her. They said she's one of the few nice patients and they wish more people were like her.
Well, that's it for this chicken. Time to roost.
Nite all!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2013 :  9:36:50 PM  Show Profile
Judy my heart aches for you and your Momma. She sounds like a living breathing Saint. :) Make sure you take care of yourself too. We don't want you getting sick from all the stress and work.

Bunny, your talent is incredible. The magazines would be stupid to miss a chance at your fabric art. Someday I'm going to own and wear a Bunny creation, just wait and see.

So I'm moved into my new house. Covered with bruises and so sore I can't stand to be touched. Working out all the kinks with the phone, internet, power, natural gas..... and the list goes on. But I'm loving it. HATE moving. What a pain in the ..... Still unpacking, sorting, putting away and getting things ready to move the animals here but I feel like I have a home now. AND I'm already sleeping better. God be praised. Just to get out of that house and away from it's memories is doing wonders for me. Today I was all smiles and visiting with people and laughing and having fun with the kids. Again, God is Good. He's good ALL the time. I'll post pictures once I've got it looking like a house instead of a messy storage facility. :P Oh and we've been doing school through all the move too. And I didn't have as much help as I was supposed to have so I moved all the hay and stacked it by myself. Yesterday I had a load that I knew I couldn't do on my own. It was physically impossible. So I called a friend and he sent three guys from his crew to come help me and had them follow me home and unload for me too!!! I felt so spoiled. I was so thankful.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2013 :  09:08:44 AM  Show Profile
Hi Kimberly, thanks for the cheer-up. Thanks to all of you for the encouragements!
Yes, I'm still taking my anti-viral tablets after my shingles flare-up. Feeling so much better now in that department.
Yes, my little Mama is a Saint, in my humble(biased)opinion. hahaha
So glad to hear that you got moved in and had help to boot!(ya should have called the troops in sooner, silly girl) hahaha
You WERE spoiled! *giggle*
Well, more later as I know what tests they did on Mama and the results of those tests.
Bunny....I think one day you will have a store of your own called, "Bunny's Beauty Boutique!" You will have clothes, accessories and a small spa corner to boot. "Everything a gal needs to feel Sassy&Special!"
What do ya think?
If you're gonna dream girl...dream "Big and In Living Color!" Right?
Later Gators~

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Oct 02 2013 09:11:43 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page