Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2013 :  11:36:54 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly...Praise The Lord! Rejoicing with you!!!

blessings and hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

"Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly!" P.Smith Mail Art Hostess
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2013 :  04:28:55 AM  Show Profile
Praise God Kim!

Blog http://cherimemacfarlane.wordpress.com
Cherime
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2013 :  1:59:08 PM  Show Profile
Praise The Lord Kimberly!!!!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2013 :  10:42:15 PM  Show Profile
I agree. All Praise and Glory belongs to Him. I tell you what when this is all done I'm going to have SOME story to share!!!

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2013 :  08:44:44 AM  Show Profile
You will never guess who just bought a skirt from my store!!! MaryJane! Yes, the MaryJane!!!
It was one of my first creations. I'm a bit scared. It is a tattered, scrappy skirt. I didn't know what I was doing when I made it. Just winged it. I sure hope she likes it!!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2013 :  09:00:49 AM  Show Profile
Bunny! GREAT!!!!!! She will love it. Snoopy dance all over the place.
I am almost all done with getting everything from Smashwords onto Amazon. I have reedited everyone, my eyes are crossing and I am starting to croak from reading everything aloud to make sure it flows correctly. Great news.

Cherime
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2013 :  09:21:20 AM  Show Profile
Cherime, thank you! I'm over the moon and scared silly. It is probably my most funky creation. Thankfully I finally have a brand label to sew onto it.
Sounds like you are doing great at getting everything done. Just remember to step away for a while. I have to do that with everything I write. Good luck!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2013 :  09:24:45 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Bunny, will do. Labels even YIPEE!!!

Cherime
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2013 :  10:08:05 AM  Show Profile
WOW Bunny...How Awesome Is That Girlfriend!!!! Just because it is MaryJane herself don't
panic. Your outfit is great!! She must have really liked your Scrappy Look of it. Deep
Breaths and HAPPY DANCE until you can't dance no more!!! So, Proud of you and so Thankful
that your Etsy Store is paying off for you in many ways. We all knew you had the Talent
and now others are recognizing it too. You reinvented yourself and it worked!!!

Praise The Good Lord,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2013 :  10:19:56 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies,
Bunny I am thinking that is so exciting bout Mary Jane buying one of your shirts. Way cool!

Kim Praising the Lord on your house and car.

I am glad it is Saturday it was a long and difficult week at school. Talk about feeling like I was failing I did. But Monday is a new day and I will be ready to get at it again. I have bigger scissors to clip some major butterfly wings. They need to kick it in gear and realize they have to be respectful and responsible. Sheesh.
Today I am relaxing and hanging out watching Nebraska play football and catching up on laundry. it is a nice way to spend the day.
Just wanted to check in and say hello.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Today Is The Day
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2013 :  3:10:24 PM  Show Profile
Oh Kimberly, I'm so glad you have your house and car! I hope you will send pictures! I'm afraid I'm pretty over the moon with my day's events too. Our Angels are working over time!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2013 :  10:51:31 AM  Show Profile
Bunny, how EXCITING!!! I think we are all doing cartwheels for you(as if MY old butt could get up in the air, but you get the picture)LOL
***WOOOOOHOOOOO***
See, we all know what talent you have and how you SHOULD be designing clothes as a full-time job!! You have the "Gift!"
ME??? Talent??? Sure....I can draw....(flies) with the best of 'em. heeheehee
It's a quiet, cool(65) SonDay here in N.E. Ohio. Nuttin' much going on here. Just sittin' here typing to yuns while hubby is drawing up plans to build his own bedframe. He' made a HUGE rocking chair for our front porch that Patsy and I can sit side by side in and be comfy. hahaha So now he's going to make his own bedframe so that he can make a sturdy one. He's a BIG man so he needs something that will last. Most store-bought stuff is junk and not even wood, if ya know what I mean. If he's gonna put the money out there to buy Amish built stuff, he can just make it himself. He really enjoys building stuff. He just told me, "I can't do purty, but I can do sturdy." hahaha
I told him, "That's what bed-skirts are for." I can make it(purty)." hahaha A bed-skirt hides a multitude of sins. We have almost all the wood laying around here for the bedframe. We only need to buy 1 sheet of plywood. It's comin' together folks...as we speak! hahaha
So that' about it for us chickens here on this end. What's new with ya'll?

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2013 :  11:22:19 AM  Show Profile
Judy...I bet your hubby will make a fabulous bed frame. I am telling you most furniture
these days is junk. My son bought us that really (nice to look at Dining Room Set two years
ago) and it has turned out to be the biggest $400.00 joke of the Century. I have broken
two chair backs...just scooting back to get out from the Table. And the corners of the table
keep peeling and splintering. I think the whole thing is made out of some soft pine wood
and veneer. It is just terrible. I have to keep patching things up on it. Grrr!

My son bought them a similar style...at a different store but theirs is much more sturdy.

Teacher Tammy...hope you have had a good weekend to re-coop from those "Try Your Patients" little
Butterflies of yours. I have a friend who has been a teacher in the Spokane area for 24 years and
she said that she is tired of rude kids and even rude administration. She is looking forward
to retirement.

OK...Fibro is kicking me in the backside this morning...so, I'm going back to bed. It cool, rainy, and dreary looking out today. And I'm feeling it in both my joints and my muscles.

Had a good day with grandson and kids yesterday. We went to Michael's Craft Store...and I spent way too much money and had way too much fun. Then we went out to Mexican Food and then went and
Had some Wonderful White Choc. and Pistachio Vegan Ice Cream. Too Yummy!!!

More Later My Lovelies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2013 :  11:50:33 AM  Show Profile
Here's a pic of how big Dave's rocker is...with 2, half-wits sitting in it. hahahaha

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2013 :  11:52:45 AM  Show Profile
Here's the chair with out the 2 half-wits in it. *giggle* Next to my fragile rocker you can tell it's size.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2013 :  3:08:45 PM  Show Profile
Awesome bunny! I'm happy for you. Hope the bed comes out nice Judy.

Just popped in to say hi. Not much new. My ds has his first cold of the school year. Wasn't even in a week and came home with it. Been lurking here. Hope you all have a good day.

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2013 :  3:30:25 PM  Show Profile
Judy, that is quite the rocker! Remember Judith Ann from "Laugh In"? My son has a saying similar for girls he dates...I can't write you a poem but I can build you a house of your dreams.

Peggy, I don't know what's going on, but my fibro has been pretty bad lately too. I even dreamed in pain the other night. Have never done that before.

Tammy, sorry your charges are given you grey hairs. Hope it gets better soon.

Well, didn't get any sewing done today. Out with a friend doing a
Errands and one of her friends gave me two garbage bags of great clothes for my sewing projects. She is a 3x so everything is nice and big and will be wonderful to use.

Later for now.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2013 :  4:53:31 PM  Show Profile
HI porchies,
Judy that is quite the chair and two cuties to go with it. love it.

Peggy it is cool here too and beginning to feel a bit like fall is on the way. I actually had to wear a sweater to church this morning.

I spent the day with my sons. One of my dear sons is mending a broken heart. His girlfriend broke up with him and he doesn't understand why. It is also the week of homecoming so now he doesn't have a date. He is really bummed. So we had a heart to heart talk and prayer about the matter. In time his heart will heal and there are going to be many girls on the journey. But it being a first love, you know how those touch the heart. His twin brother has been so good to him. Offered to have his girlfriend bring a friend so they could all go together. Not sure if he will do that or go on his own. I am so proud of my sons. I see God working on them daily and this broke my heart to see him hurting but God has got his hand on him.

well I am going to crochet. I have been trying to finish up this scarf for months. I am a few rows from being done.
Let us hope my butterflies understand madame butterfly is ready for them with big scissors.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Today Is The Day
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2013 :  6:23:58 PM  Show Profile
Judy, Wow...that is one BIG SIZE ROCKING CHAIR!!! Is that for hubby or for both goofy women who
are sitting in it??? LOL Don't you know it isn't nice to pick you noses in front of people?
I know your mommy taught you better than that. Ha Ha!! You must take pictures of the Bed when DH gets it done.

Teacher Tammy...Oh, it is so hard when sons get broken hearts. I think it is even harder than
with girls. I still remember my boys had huge heart aches with several special young women in their lives. The middle son...got engage a year out of high school...but the girl broke it off due to pressure from her parents. They had higher dreams for their daughter than marriage at a young age. My middle son is very introverted and could not share his pain with anyone. He was in deep depression for an entire year...and wouldn't talk about it at all.
So hard as a mother to NOT be able to share his pain and burden with him. Then my youngest son did the same thing. First year out of high school got in a serious relationship and they broke up after a year, got back together, and broke up again for good. He could share a bit better than his brother...but he suffered the intense depression for 6 months. He had his own apartment...but came and slept on our sofa every night for those 6 months...he just needed the comfort of family around him. Both boys about broke my heart in-two. So, Tammy I can so relate to what you are feeling for your son. My heart goes out to the both of you.

Bunny...that was neat that your friend gave you all those clothes to up-cycle. Makes for fun
winter projects. ~ I'm sure it felt good NOT to sew for a day. We all need a break...even from things we love to do. ~ I have dreamed in pain too. Weird huh? We will probably both have a hard week ahead of us with this weather change too.

Well good to see more of my Porchie buds on the last couple of days. I'm off now to read.
More tomorrow chickies!!

Hugs,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2013 :  9:09:18 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Hi Ladies,

Kim, God is good ALL the time. AMEN!

Bunny, WTG! How awesome. You are definitely an artist and fabric is your medium. Your ship is arriving!

Judy, I guess Dave is a big man! Rocker looks purty nice to me so I'm sure the bed is good also. Boy, Mama must be proud of you two! LOL!

TLT, Kids are really getting more brazen than ever. When I go to my GS's games, I can't believe the actions and mouths on some of the kids. More power to you. I could never be a teacher. Poor son. Remember back to our first loves? This too will pass but it seems like the end of the world.

Peggy, You sure have a good son. It's nice that they still enjoy your company, right? My son emailed me 3 days ago and since I haven't been online I didn't see it until now but in his usual style he said, "You have plans for Nov. 29th." He always tries to surprise me with something! It's usually some event like a Broadway show, a concert, some fancy restaurant or a sporting event. He knows I never do anything for myself. I feel Blessed! Happy anniversary! It will be 45 for me! Where did the time go?

I like to have my meal ready when I get home from church so todays menu was crockpot beef stroganof, cole slaw and home made onion bread. It was good! I forget who said the new crockpots are to hot butyes you are right. If I cook in my newer one I can only leave it on low. I have a rectangular Rival ceramic crock with a high dome glass lid that I got way back when that I love. I use it all the time and it never gets to hot. I have never seen another like it and would buy another one in a heartbeat. I threatened my husband if he ever breaks it, in the rare moment that he is allowed to touch it, I would smash one of his precious dog trophies! Aren't I nice? LOL!

Hope all the aches and pains take a hike. I have been having back muscle spasms since I had my mammogram last monday. I think it's from how they turn your head. Since I had the neck fusion it's been a bit touchy here and there. However, my mammogram was clean so I am a 2 year survivor! PTL!

Tea is going out in the morning. Let me know when it arrives.

Blessings,
Darlene

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2013 :  9:29:16 PM  Show Profile
Darlene, good for you on a clean mammogram! You kicked it's behind!

Oh the broken hearts of sons. Both of mine had their's broken this year. But they both call mom and we talk it out until they feel better. It's so hard being so far away from them. Thankful for cell phones.

We god a major downpour with thunder and lightning! Kitties came running into the house all worked up.

I have decided I need to make one of my creations for myself. They aren't my style but it would be good advertising and exposure.

Well, almost time for bed. Later everyone!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2013 :  8:07:19 PM  Show Profile
I knew you Gals would get a kick out of my Sizzer&Me cuttin' up. We were having our Lily Tomlin moment in the Big Chair! *giggle*
Yupper...my Mama is VERY proud of her 2 youngins'. hahaha You'd never guess we were 58&60 would ya??? We get pretty silly when we get together. My Niece had the camera and we didn't know what all she was snappin' but she caught us in the act, I can tell you that.
Ya Peg, it's actually for hubby, but we had four of us in it at one point. Patsy's family was visiting and we piled as many as would fit into it and the Niece took pics.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2013 :  09:29:42 AM  Show Profile
Judy, what a fun picture...just hope that Rocking chair holds up!

Weather is overcast and cool today. I'm feeling pretty good this morning. I got one dress done yesterday and two more pinned up for sewing today. It was a good day in the work room.

I have some ladies from the senior center coming tomorrow. I'm donating a bunch of my fabric to them. I need more room! I'm kinda hoping they buy some too. One of the ladies came to my fabric sale and spent quite a bit. My goal is to have it all gone by next year.

Kimberly, I'm still waiting for those pictures!!

Time for work. Later all.

Bnny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2013 :  11:12:27 AM  Show Profile
Bunny, your clothes are amazing. I'm so excited for you. This is definately what you should be doing. All the accounting you've been training in will only be a huge asset to you running your own business. I am so excited for you. Go get 'em!

Darlene, Praise God! Such awesome news. Kick that cancer in the hiney and send it whimpering away. :)

Tammy, I have a small taste of how things are for you in the classroom. Being a homeschooler I have 2 students. Their victories take me to the clouds with pure joy. When they struggle I struggle with them. And I know how frustrating it can be when they don't TRY. Today we had a major victory. My daughter is five and doing grade 2. She's a major brainiac. The one area she has struggled in is her writing. Lets face it she just doesn't have the motor skills yet. But over the summer the motor skills seemed to have kicked in!! :) Today we had a writing test (cursive is just not her thing, in her words) and her writing on that test was beautiful. Absolutely gorgeous. So we celebrated. I praised her like crazy. She was so happy. Now she's telling me that she's going to continue practicing and by the time she is 7 her writing is going to be better than mine. GO FOR IT.

Thank you to all of those who are rejoicing with me. Slowly and it feels painfully slow, things are coming together. I have had problem after problem with buying the house. It's so frustrating. But it is a done deal and by Monday night they will be moved out and I can start moving in. I'll be sure to take pictures and post them. It's 1600 sq ft. It's a triple wide but looks like a stick house to me. There is ivy on the front of the house. It sits on 1 acre. Inside the majority of the flooring is slate tile. There's a little bit of real hardwood in the kitchen. The masterbed and bath still have rug but I hope to change that soon. I hate rug. It's a cute house and I'm looking forward to making it into a home. It has two fire places in it so I can heat it mostly by wood which is my preference being a northern girl by birth and raising. :) The kids are excited because the "school room" is one of the rooms with a fire place and they are looking forward to having the fireplace burning while they are doing their school work. So cozy. I'm downsizing about a third of my floor space so I'm scrambling to make things work. The kitchen is going to be annoying for a while because right now I have a mammoth kitchen and there it's more of a cozy kitchen...... :) On one side there is a neighbor, I know them as the boxer dog neighbor at this point because they have three boxers. Then just past them are two couples from church. And if I drive up the hill I have friends there. I'll have friends basically surrounding me. So I won't feel so isolated and alone.

My new car is a 2012 Dodge Avenger. It was a one year lease so it's used with 28,000 miles on it. But as soon as I'm moved trips to town will be super short. I'll go from 45 min to an hour to buy groceries to 5 minutes and that's with a long red light!!!!!!! It doesn't do as well on fuel as the Hyundai but it won't need to because I won't be doing so much driving!!! It's also pretty sporty so my kids love it. They call it our race car. It's black but in the right light it has a metallic blue/purple look to it. I think the cops will be tailing me for a while thinking I'm a young punk breaking the law. In fact an officer did follow me for a while already but I must have been to boring so he turned around. :P Don't get me wrong I LOVE power and that little darling has got it. And every once in a while I test her...... but I would never drive in an unsafe manner. Driving is a huge responsibility, one I take seriously especially with my children in the back seat.

The divorce isn't finalized yet. It feels like it's dragging out but my lawyer assures me that it's pretty easy as divorces go. So I'll be thankful for that. We just have one thing that's holding us up right now. My lawyer is working on it, I guess and so things just keep moving forward until then. Lord willing it will soon be done and I'll be free to start over. Still praying for a miracle. Don't know what that miracle will look like, or what it will accomplish exactly; just want to see the Lord glorified and for the kids and I to experience some peace and contentment.

Hugs to all

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  03:32:23 AM  Show Profile
Mom's surgery for the tumor on her arm went well, and I came home last night. Have to go back in 2 weeks when she has her follow up and stitches removed.

Thank you all for your prayers and good wishes.

I'm looking forward to having more time on-line soon!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page