Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2013 :  6:56:25 PM  Show Profile

Fourth of July in San Antonio I am just getting through some of my many pictures and wanted to share one of that beautiful night.
I have had the granddaughters here this week. Just took them back to their sweet mama today. The house is quiet and my sweet dog Jax is finally relaxing. He is like I have my mama to myself again. I just chuckle.

Peggy so glad about your mama.
Bunny love your outfits. YOu do such beautiful work.
well ladies I am off to read and have some tea
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2013 :  12:07:59 AM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...back on and have read and caught up. Did any of the rest of you who posted pictures have to go on to the coded page first????

Lorena...wow, I remember when I was in grade school in a small farming community....that when haying time came...all the boys helped out in the fields and all us girls helped in the kitchen feeding the entire crew. Back then they were probably using that antigue tractor you were driving today. LOL

Cherime...love the book cover...perfect for your story!

Hope all works out for granddaughter and you.

Bunny...love your clothes...awesome job. I especially love the third one down.
I wish I could still wear those kind of sizes but wishing isn't going to make it so. LOL
Nice job though. And I can tell that curious orange cat was very helpful!

Man that School of yours is in no big hurry to make a decision are they?
That has got to be driving you NUTS.

Missus Miranda...look what the Posse drug in. We have missed ya girl. Praying for you about the perspective jobs.
How's married life treaten ya?

Sue...glad to see you back on The Porch. Is hubbies illness long term? Hope not! It is hard to have to care for anyone long term. I saw my brother in law give so much to my sister and she was so cranky with him all the time. BUT when you hurt all the time like she did...it's hard NOT to be cranky and irretible.

Well Mel...gosh, girls I should round that Posse up more often...ya'll come scrambling back to the Porch to sit a spell.
Thanks for the thoughts and hugs for Snickers and me.
He is doing better everyday.
So what have you been up to lately?
Fill us in.

Tammy...wow, pretty picture!
Oh, poor little Jax has had to share mommy. It's a tough life for our furbabies sometimes.

There has been a little adorable kitty that has been hopping over the Porch rail and sitting on the cushions in my red rocking chair...and Snickers has not been happy about that. He gives her the-what-for every time he sees her even get close to the Porch let alone near my chair. He is so protective.

We had Crafting Group again tonight. Always fun to get together and laugh.I so enjoy it.
I guess, I better start deciding what I am going to teach them come September when we turn back into The Bible Study Group.

Tired tonight...so, I will say good-night-susi!

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

"Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly!" P.Smith Mail Art Hostess

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 19 2013 1:08:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

csmartyonline
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Carole
Clarksville TN
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2013 :  01:43:35 AM  Show Profile
Hi all -- I love porches! I had one complete with porch swing at my last house. Here it's a deck. ;) This is the general chat thread or are there others? Don't want to intrude.

I'm having coffee right now in a new mug that someone gifted me. I'm more of a mid-century woman when it comes to decor (and age!), but I'm eclectic and this mug is special to me.

Aunt Carole

Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2013 :  06:09:12 AM  Show Profile
Well jamming with raspberries and rhubarb didn't pan out as dh decided to leave early (I never heard him leave) to tend to blueberry ground then come back and spend the rest of the day with me and little man. Is supposed to rain tomorrow. Can anyone tell me if there is any truth to not making jam and jelly on a rainy day as it won't set up? Sort of new to this. Thanks!

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2013 :  07:44:05 AM  Show Profile
Hey Peggy! Married life is good! He's working like a dog, but he's about to transfer to a new store MUCH closer to the farm, so I'm praying that it will be a good move for us, but especially for him. Instead of 30 miles to work, it'll be maybe 10. MAYBE!

I appreciate all the prayers! I have to remind myself to keep praying and leave it in God's hands. He'll do what is best for me, but in his own time!

I wish I'd have had my phone ready this morning to snap a picture while I was pumping gas (is it just me, or does it make anyone else laugh to say "have my phone ready to take a picture"??). Anyway, this little green BABY dragonfly was hovering around me while I pumped my gas! It was ADORABLE!!! literally maybe a half inch long... green... BIG red eyes... and just hovering all around me!

Cherime, I LOVE the cover. Simple and to the point and tells a great story. This is why I want to get into Graphic Design!!!

Bunny... isn't it funny how cats always have to "help" with sewing??? When I had my late, great Pepper Jean, she "helped" me make Christmas presents, and Newcomb & Agnes "helped" me with the wedding dress.

Speaking of the wedding, I will close with my favorite pic after the ceremony.... our friend Kate snapped it. I edited it to make it look a bit more like an old, turn of the century photo. DH looks SO sweet!! The couple in the background is the preacher who married us and his wife. They are DEAR friends of mine, and current clients who I will miss terribly when I leave this job some day, but I am determined to stay in touch with them!

Hope everyone has a great friday!!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Thrall, TX

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2013 :  09:09:40 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, I have had no problems posting pictures the way I always did. I use the quick reply at the bottom of the page and use the little picture button on top of the comment box. Works just the way it always did.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2013 :  09:52:41 AM  Show Profile
Ms Miranda. I do understand. I tried to get into that early on but not much was going on up here unless one had a Degree. Phooey. So I do my own stuff. If you take a look of Cherime MacFarlane on Smashworks.com have a look at the one for Wired For Sound. My son and I have a good time getting that one. The one for North By Northeast took me exactly 20 minutes to do. I had to clear off the flat filing cabinet first, the table to have a flat space to work. I down loaded a small what NOA calls a pamphlet chart. Used two pages of it trimmed one side so I could put them together. The knife blade if one of my paring knives and the nylon twine conceals NOA numbers as the compass conceals the NOA logo. Took 8 shots with my old camera and Voila! Got it. Was a blast to do. All the photos on the other books are mine as well.
Great picture by the way.
Bunny: I had a problem loading a pix as well. I think they had a glitch that they got fixed at some point.
Off writing again troops. New one about two people bound by a promise. The female is busy trying to drink away the hurt. The guy is trying to keep her from killing herself and it's gonna be hard.
Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2013 :  1:23:16 PM  Show Profile
Porchies...I think by me going onto the code page and immediately coming back and posting that picture...It made it possible for everyone to post pictures again. Brian told me it probably got messed up when they
were tweaking somethings on The Porch. Have you all noticed that now when you get on it goes right
to the last conversation posted and you no longer have to tell it what page to go to. That is a
huge improvement...don't ya all agree? I love it. Especially when I am using my Kindle...makes a vast
difference.

Missus Miranda...cute wedding shot of you and DH. Love that the Preachers wife was all "Countrified" too.
Very cute. Your man is a "Tall Drink a Water" isn't he?

Carole...that mug is sooooo cute! No wonder you like it! The Virtual Porch is not the only place to "chatter"
but we love having you....so don't go away! Pull up a Rocker or the Porch Swing and stay awhile.

Lorena...I think that is true about jam and jelly not setting if it's raining out. Unless you are making
Freezer Jam (then that doesn't hold true) as Freezer jam rarely has a firm set.

Hi Cheri..you always do great covers for your books!

Later I will post pictures of my two grand-daughters at school today. Madeline has a small gator on her
head and Miss Naomi is sitting on a Turtle. Really cute pictures.

Off to do laundry and some other household chores. Man the Fruit Flies were all over my kitchen this
morning and it was the first time I even saw one of those little buggers. So, I made a bowl of water,
honey and soap to catch them. Usually I also use red wine vinegar but I'm out. Hope it still works.

More tonight,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2013 :  2:53:27 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, agreed! Makes viewing so much easier when I am at home and only have my Andriod.

And yes... DH is 6'5!! I don't notice it, most times... I keep thinking I'm just as tall as he is. Then he sets his chin on my head.

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Thrall, TX

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2013 :  11:33:48 PM  Show Profile
Bunny...I got my tea today. Thanks so much and I loved the enclosure!!!

Nothing much happened this afternoon and evening. Just hung out at home doing
housework and relaxing in between chores.

Miss Judy Joyful...where have you been hiding??? I miss your humor!! The Posse is
saddling up! I'm after you and your sis!!! And Darlene! To quote you, "Don't Make me
put my hands on my hips!"

Night All,
Peggy

Hu

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2013 :  4:17:54 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals, I'm not even going to try and comment to all your posts. Just gonna pick up from here. ALTHOUGH....I have to agree with Peggy that I love not having to scroll thru all our older posts to get to the page we are on at the moment. I love opening this thread and ~wham~ here we are. Love it, Love it, Love it!
I sure enjoyed all the pics that yuns shared. That wolly beast, whatever it was, was cool. The mug and lid was adorable and the wedding pic was so sweet. Miranda, what kind of boots did you have on? Just curious.
Still Praying for all of the stresses and anxieties.
Well, on Monday we took Mama in for her blood tests and although her count was still low, the Doc decided that he just couldn't wait any longer. It had been 6 weeks since her 1st chemo. So we went forward and hoped and Prayed for the best. He made sure the doses were as low as he could get them, and still have them work. We were there from 9AM until 3:30 Pm. We were tired and hungry to say the least.
It was in the 90's that day. ~ugh~ We went to an ice cream place that has a gargantuan sundae called "The Kitchen Sink." It had 6 big scoops of ice cream, 6 toppings, tons of whip cream, pecan halves galore and a long row of about 10 cherries on top.
WE ATE IT ALL!!!! hahahahaha It hit all those happy places in the mouth and in the tummy......before sliding to the hips! hahahaha
Well, today is a day of reprieve from the heat and humidity. We deserve this break. Lots of high 90's. Mama is really dragging and she's upset that she feels so punk. But I told her, this is only the beginning Mama. So don't push yourself. Rest. It's ok. I wonder if an iron supplement would be ok for her? Where's Darlene? Dar...yoo-hoo...where are youuuu??? Gonna ask Doc on Tuesday.
Bunny, can't wait to see what you are sending us.(doing the happy-dog wiggle)hahaha
Well Gals, that's it for me.
Take care! Remember us in your Prayers!
Love Yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2013 :  06:12:24 AM  Show Profile
Fantastic day up here yesterday. Took the GDD up the road a ways for an ice cream then tSlowook her back to Anchorage. That was a real pain. Right after we started up the hill encountered several miles of a convoy of motor homes from all over. Wisconsin, Ill, TX, AZ, NY, you name it. I think it was a bout 5 miles worth. Not a break in the pack. Slow going.
Well all time to get stuff over with. Back to it.
Blessings to all

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2013 :  11:45:40 AM  Show Profile
Judy...so sorry to hear that mama is doing so badly. My Mom is deciding if she even wants to do
radiation...but she doesn't have to do chemo. She got pretty sick from the radiation alone last
time...so, since her lymph-nodes and outer breast skin were clear...she is seriously thinking
about forgoing the radiation. I think if I were your mom's and my mom's ages...I would seriously
think long and hard before I put my body through all that poison. The Cancer is bad enough.

Cherime...glad that you had a lovely day yesterday despite all us Tourists you had to contend with. LOL

I had a lovely baby day yesterday..with my little Grandson Elijah...and his wonderful parents. Plus my
other son Patrick who lives here in Vancouver came over so I got to see him too. It was the first time
he hung out with family for a long time. He is kind of a loner. He just climbed Mt. St. Helens a week
ago...he said there were 80 people who did it together. Some older guy fell on the climb and a couple
of the young guys like my son had to help carry him down off the mountain.

Well, going to leave you with a few pictures here and then will hop back on later tonight.

Hugs,
Peg

Miss Madeline with a Gator on her head.

Miss Naomi sitting on a live turtle.

Mr. Elijah my littlest Angel.

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2013 :  12:18:14 PM  Show Profile
Hi All! Bunny, got my tea and cute card today. Since it's rainy today, all of your stickers came right off easily. So I put them on the back of your card. How's that? *giggle*
Peg, loved the pics. Was that a LIVE crock? WOW! Those kids are so cute. Sleeping babies are so precious!
Well, I'm one of those crazies who is on "Britain-Baby-Watch!" Can't wait to see what Kate has? Since I don't have TV, I have it on my puter. I work a little...come back...do something else...come back...hahaha....ya...I know...nuts! I just wish Diana could have been here to see her first little Grandchild!
Well, what is everybody else up to today? hmmmm?......

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2013 :  1:48:55 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies,
Judy the lovely Kate had a baby boy at 4:24 and he weighted 8 pounds 6 ounces and both are doing well.

Peggy such cute little ones..love seeing them. Elijah has sure grown.

Bunny I also got your tea today. I loved the card. Thank you.

Today I worked at school on my classroom. My room keeps growing. We are going to have a lot of butterfly wings flapping. I have been doing some reorganization and rethinking of routines etc. I have a month until the first day. Not much time for this teacher to get it all ready along with county fairs and family reunions. But I am going to do it my pace and take in the rest of my summer. Yesterday hubby and I bought seven trees for our farm. It will hopefully help with noise from highway but also bring some beauty to my little spot. I decided to not paint the bench in my front area. I took yall advice and left it. My herbs are growing madly so I am going to make some bread this week.

well I will be back later. Back to cutting things out for my classroom,
lOve to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2013 :  2:43:14 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, can't wait to see if they name him George(the predicted name)
This year you may have to do one wall of your classroom in Velcro or duct tape just so you have a place to stick(pun intended)those little rascals when they get to rowdy to handle. hahaha
So...what kind of herb bread are you thinking about baking?
Can't wait to see where you plant your little trees. Take pics please.
Glad you didn't paint that bench. It was so rustic the way it was.
Well it's still sprinkling. Nice slow summer rain....love it! Good sleeping weather. Mama must be napping. Called her with the Kate/baby news but no answer.
Well,ta-ta Gals!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2013 :  11:52:19 PM  Show Profile
I thought for sure that Kate would have a girl...but this does seem to be the year of the Boy Babies.
Everyone I know who has been pregnant (friends of my kids) have all had boys. I found out about the
baby when I was in Barnes and Noble...one of the girls in the cafe couldn't wait to tell me. It was so
cute....she was just so excited!!! I hope they name him something better than Your Royal Highness Prince
George. Yuck!

Today was payday and I went out shopping and paying bills and *blink*blink* the money is gone. I hate that!
But Praise God there is money to pay them huh? Some people are jobless, homeless and hungry...so I just
thank The Good Lord for providing.

Teacher Tammy...can't wait to see your trees all planted and growing. How fun to watch them grow and
mature. Did you get any fruit trees? ~ I liked Judy's idea of Velcro on the walls to settle those little
wings down this year. Hee Hee!

Making plans tonight for my ninth grade grand-daughter to come stay for 10 days in August. Praise God her
parents are willing to fly her here...we just can't afford to but want to have time with her. She is so
much fun.

Judy...I talked to my mom via email today and she is thinking about taking no radiation...Canadian or American. She said she got so sick last time from the radiation that she doesn't think she wants to put
herself through that again...especially as it was a small lump and clear all around and in the lymph-nodes
too. She is going to wait and see what the Oncologist says...so we shall see.

Well, I am shopped out...and ready for a good read.

Hugs and Squishies To All and To ALL a Good Night,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2013 :  09:47:40 AM  Show Profile
Hey again, y'all!! Had a rough weekend... was sick with a stomach bug, or something but feeling better now.

I have really gotten out of my funk, lately. I started putting in apps left and right, and have 3 jobs looking at me already. I'd gotten super depressed for a while, feeling stuck and like I had been with my current company so long, no one would want me. Boy, was I wrong!

But that's what is nice about hobbies! You can parlay that into work, some times. I've had a good work history, and I know that, and I have talents and abilities OUTSIDE of the financial industry.

Judy, the boots were a pair of Justin JFlex that Daddy bought me years ago. They had been in storage, and are the only pair I have right now that aren't beat to heck. I figured that I could have a little of Daddy with me that way

Oh, Peg! What beautiful little babies!!! And yes, it seems like almost everyone I know is having boys! A few years ago, it was girls! We had THREE tellers at that time, all pregnant at once, and all had girls! Now, my best friend is pregnant with the first boy in a cluster of girls on BOTH sides! Poor kid!!

Well ladies, better finish up some ppwk before I go to lunch. Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

Thrall, TX

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2013 :  12:40:24 PM  Show Profile
Ok, Porchies, I managed to lose my entire post this morning..fingers were dancing to a different drummer..So, here goes again...

Bunny, I received my tea yesterday. Love chamomile (my go to tea to relax( and earl grey. Its like you looked in my cupboard. Beautiful treat you included! Thank you so much! The card itself is a keeper!
Missus Miranda, Thanks for sharing a pic of your wedding. Your outfit turned out so very nice, and DH looks like a happy guy! Good luck with your interviews!
Yup, Peggy, those grand babies are still just adorable!
I'm still praying for you, and Judy and Patsy and your mothers. Prayers are a good thing.
Just putting the binding on my quilt. Then I'll try to post a pic. Picked the last of the wild raspberries this morning. They are starting to dry out. I'm getting some things ready for another rummage sale on Saturday. This one is with my DD. Then I will try not to bring more things in..Yarn, fabric and All other craft items do not count.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2013 :  3:07:07 PM  Show Profile
Hello Porchies! Well, Mama had another blood drawl today. The are talking about a transfusion now. Might be a good idea since her red cell count is just NOT moving. Her white cells are real high. Next week will tell.
We had a scary t-storm come thru this afternoon. Hubby and I gone to the next town to shop and we had been at a restaurant when the siren went off. It poured buckets of rain while we ate. But their TV's had already gone off the air and they didn't have a radio. Crazy people. So we went to Walmart and they weren't letting anybody in because of a tornado heading that way. We wondered. So we drove home. No rain here. But within a half hour it got really dark and creepy out. It just rained a little and moved on. Thank You Lord! Now it's sunny.
So we had an interesting day, to say the least.
Hope all of yours was better!
Mrs Miranda, what a sweet touch with the boots your Daddy gave you. I like that.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2013 :  12:13:40 AM  Show Profile
Good Evening My Porchies...

Miss Miranda...seems like that stomach bug is going around here too. Hope you are feeling better.

Thanks for your comments on my beautiful grand-kids.
And to think...this weekend I will be with all three of them for the whole weekend. FUN!!! And all three of my boys too. Which is always a treat to get them all together. They still like to push my buttons for a good laugh if they get a chance.
Praying about your job situation.

Judith...thanks for the prayers for our mothers...that is so appreciated.
Can't wait to see your quilt.
Oh yeah, yarn, fabric and craft items do not count as clutter or junk. LOL I'm with you on that one girl.

Judy...sounds like you had a real down pour while you had lunch. Couldn't have been more perfect timing. I don't like blood transfusions...it is a weird feeling to lay there wondering whose blood is going into your veins....and it makes your arm so cold...pretty creepy to me. Only had to be transfused once and that was enough! But I guess...they have to do what they have to do...right?
Seems like your poor mama is having to go through the wringer. NOT FUN!

Well, my cleaning gal came today and I was so happy. My floors and bathrooms just sparkle when she gets done. Makes me
appreciate the blessing of her....so much.
DH had Process Servings to do in a small town outside of Vancouver...I went along because they have a small
Antique Shop that I like there. I spent about an hour going through it and bought a couple of long ice-tea spoons (nobody makes those anymore) and so I always keep my eyes out for them. The going rate is $2.00 a piece and I have bought 8 of them over the last three years. I also, bought two really colorful and cool greeting cards that I plan to frame...for gifts. And a pearl and heart charm to go on a chain. So, that made for a pleasant day. Nice air-conditioned Shop. But when I went out and sat on the Bench to wait for DH it was HOT!
I made 3 P. Servings with him after he picked me up...and it was just sticky/icky out today. Our car AC went out about a month ago...but at least our Apartment was nice and cool when we got home.
Just Lovely!

Hopefully tomorrow I will get my monthly grocery shopping done.
Then Thursday Snickers goes in to get his staples out a day early. Yahoo!
And Friday I leave for Seattle.
I am praying that DH behaves himself while I am gone this time and doesn't fall again or something just as awful. BLess his heart...I swear he is worse than 2 kids.

Ok, did you all see the Royal Prince today??? Poor Kate...when I saw the size of that baby and how big his head was...I just hurt for her. That baby's head was really large.

Off to bed...more tomorrow my sweet-things,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2013 :  06:25:33 AM  Show Profile
Porch Sisters

Just popping on quickly to ask for prayer. Tomorrow is mediation. Sleepless night last night of praying and crying. Actually in physical pain right now.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2013 :  11:06:06 AM  Show Profile
Kimberly...praying God's comforting peace over you dear sister...cling to Him as He is your Rock!
When you are in His hands he turns all bad that was meant to harm you...into good. He has a plan
and a purpose for your life....Trust In It and Him.

Big Hugs and many prayers,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2013 :  5:01:58 PM  Show Profile
Kim praying.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2013 :  7:22:15 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Hi my Lovlies!

Bunny, received your teas and card. Love the teas and you are so talented at whatever you do. Your clothes are amazing and what a cute card! How's the job search?

Judy, Poor Mama. Again I need to ask if she is getting Neulasta to help build her counts up. It is given the day after chemo. If you didn't take her back the next day then she didn't get it. She must be so exhausted. The low red count is why she needs the transfusion. Her elevated white count could be an infection. I isolated myself from everyone so I wouldn't get sick. I was sick enough from the chemo! Still praying for you all. Any little thing can cause an infection. When I was on chemo I wasn't allowed to have any fresh vegetables or fruits unless they could be peeled because of bacteria on them. You need to ask her Doc about the shot.

Peggy, Beautiful Grands. I just love the pics. Naomi was a baby when I was on here before! Snickers will feel better once the staples are out. Jackie got hers out along with her tooth and is so much better. Oh, our furbabies! Your Mother has every right to refuse radiation. The radiation has changed a bit and is more targeted now. i didn't get sick from it but I got a very bad radiation burn and severe exhaustion. I've been exhausted in my life but never like that. The most important thing your mother needs to know is what her tumor markers are. They are either estrogen, progesterone or her2. Depending on her makers, she needs to be on a pill for 5 years to suppress those hormones. Prayers for you all too!

My garden has been supplying me with zucchini, yellow squash, string beans, scallions and herbs. Tomatoes are just starting to turn colors. Maybe by this weekend. I made scallion spaghetti sauce today. It's one of my most favorite! I bet you never heard of it! I also made banana and zucchini muffins. Letting some on the porch for your enjoyment.

You are all in my thoughts and prayers. The most important of all The Prayers. Just remember when you can't hold yourself up we are here to do it for you! We might be faceless but we are faithful and so is our God! The power of prayer is priceless.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page