Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2013 :  11:22:34 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, God is good. Yes it is easier to give but we all need to be able to receive as well. I know that one big time.
Judy Aw! So glad to hear that.
Bunny cars are a real pain especially when they have to go to the 'shop' these days.
Kim looks you you all has a great time.
A week ago last Friday my DD told me that she had to go to Seward, a bit over 100 miles away for her job. It was to be a day trip as she had a meeting down there that was going to take an hour and a half. I told her I would be glad to go along but her boss was supposed to do so. On Wed. she called me and the boss had begged off. Great! I was ready for a road trip. When we met at 9am in Anchorage, I found out that she had pinkeye and it was a good thing I was taking her the sun was out big time. It only goes down for about a three hours anymore. So down we went. The Seward Highway has the most amazing views but you have to chose between pictures or getting where you are going. The other thing is that the section of highway from Girdwood to Anchorage only has two passing lanes and it's 2 lane blacktop with tourists on every side. They highway is sandwiched between ocean and cliff. Who ever you are stuck behind on the way to Anchorage from Seward past Girdwood you are going to be behind until you get to the four lane past Potter Marsh about 20 to 30 miles. Since yesterday was business for my Darling Daughter, The choice was jockey for position. Interesting to be jockeying for position for almost 100 miles. Every time there is a passing lane, those of us going somewhere race to get ahead. This is comparable to a real road race with the threat of ambling moose and careless tourists thrown in. It is easy to tell who is planning on getting as far ahead of as many motor homes as possible we are the ones doing 80 and 90 in the passing lanes. So when I got past Girdwood, I settled down and patiently waited for the four lane. I made it to number 5 behind the big side dump truck. Driving in Alaska can be a real experience.
Here is one picture I took while waiting for DD to get finished.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2013 :  1:17:23 PM  Show Profile
Howdy ladies,
Judy so glad your mama is home and I printed off the tea list, especially since I am sending the tea out this coming week. I found the prettiest envelopes at Staples and then preceded to ask the cashier when the school things would be coming out. Staples is very good to teachers and they start early so we can spread out our budgets a bit. I like that.

Peggy I spoiled my grandson rotten and then last night I slept like a baby. Although we drove through terrible storms and I prayed as I listened to the radio say a tornado was bout over my house. My sons were in the basement but it did gopast us. Thank goodness. It was the longest ride home last night.

well sons and hubby are home so I best skedaddle.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1494 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1494 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2013 :  8:12:52 PM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
Hi girls! Finally feeling like summer here. Which is fine, except when I have to go somewhere in my car, which apparently has a leak in the AC. Ugh... I have little yellow squash growing though!! :D Our new baby goat seems to be doing well. No luck finding her a friend last night at the auction. I think my husband is now convinced to get registered good milk line goats. Also looking into the possibility of starting a "goat lawncare" business. A "green" way to handle corporations and large clearing jobs. Could be interesting! I am well under way to planning my youngest's first birthday party for Sept 7. It is going to be "Vintage Farm" themed, complete with petting zoo! teehee!! Adn trying to stay on my oldest (11) for her 4h! Only another month to go!

Judy- So glad your mama is home!! God really is a God of grace!

Bunny- I hope you get this job!

Tammy- Yippee!!! So excited about the tea! What grade do you teach? I homeschool. We are finishing up the year still, but we have a nice paced year and not the same schedule as local schools.

Peggy- So excited you picked a zucchini! And I know paying the vet must have really felt good! Hope you get lots of crafting done! I got to sew a bit tonight, myself!

Cherime- What a VIEW!!!!

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232
http://dandeelionrose.blogspot.com/

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2013 :  11:59:31 PM  Show Profile
Alicia...yes, I was so excited to pick that first piece of produce from my postage stamp garden. I am one happy lady if you just give me a little dirt to dig in. Makes me feel alive.

I miss planning parties for my kids when they were young. So much fun. And I always made them great birthday cakes. Nothing like a Party!! So have fun planning those parties Mama!

Teacher Tammy...I hope you got some much needed rest.
I would have been so worried to for my boys...hearing that there was a tornado even remotely close.
Whew...Praise God...I bet you were on the Prayer Hot Line straight to God...all the way home.
Will be looking forward to the Tea sometime next week.
I haven't even had Patsy's yet...as it turned HOT again.

Cherime...love that beautiful scene! But it still looks cold! Brrr!! ~ Glad that you got a little outing though. How fun!!

Judith...yes, my friend is indeed a real Angel. I am still so blown away by what she did.

Judy...glad you all are keeping that sense of humor flying high!! And it is awesome that your Mama has such a great attitude through it all. She is a trooper.

Well...I got my Mail Art all finished today and started on two fourth of July Swaps that I am doing. Those are going to take longer than just a couple of hours. But I had fun and got a good start on it all.

Off to bed to read and hope to make it to Church in the morning.

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

"Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly! Create what you dream of. Listen to your heart. Have Fun and Just Do It! P.Smith Mail Art Hostess

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 16 2013 12:02:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2013 :  07:29:47 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, oh no not cold at all. 70 with a tiny bit of breeze. Driving in shorts and the windows open. That is Resurrection Bay. I found a dirt road that went out of town and into the boonies a bit. Not maintained but that's what trucks are for. Drove out past buildings. Something was starting to blow in and the clouds were just starting to come in. Great trip.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2013 :  07:48:33 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies! Beautiful day out today. Nice change from all the rain and grey weather we've been having. Supposed to reach almost 80' today. It's beginning to feel a lot like summer (to the tune of It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas music)! lol I have to work again today, 11:30-8:30. I hate these late shifts. Not enough time to really get into a project in the morning and too tired after I get off work. They just tend to mess up a day. The man's been complaining about me working every weekend and the hours I'm working but there's nothing I can do about it. I have to take the money while I can get it. I woke up 3 times between 4am and 7:15am this morning when I finally got up with severe cramps. I hope I'm okay at work today.

M* got injured at work Friday. He was doing something with a combine and tried to remove something that ended up hitting him in the head and leaving a nasty egg with bruising and scraping and caused the pad of his thumb to pop. His thumb is nasty looking. Of course he didn't bother going to the ER to have it checked. He has a thick skull so I'm not worried about the head wound but the thumb has me a bit concerned and I'll have to keep an eye on it.

On possible good news front - one of the guys that M* works with was telling him about his brother buying an older motor home a couple years ago and left it at his farm and he's never used it since he bought it although he did do a bit of work on it. M* asked if he'd consider selling it so he checked and the guy is willing to sell to us knowing it will take us a bit to get the money together so we can pay cash. I have so missed being able to camp and have wanted a camper so bad so this could be a prayer answered if everything works out. I'd been looking at small tow-able campers but the fear we have is that the Jeep won't handle it with all the problems I have with it so a motor home answers that issue. M* has even suggested that he could sell the two 4-wheelers he bought this spring for us and fixed up for a portion of the payment. If he could sell those for what he thinks he can it would be about half the purchase price. We have a lot of things to consider though. We haven't seen it so we need to do that first of all to see if we even like it. We also need to figure out where we'd store it and if we can afford the cost of having to pay for storage. It would be great if we could get it so we could drive it back to visit family and have our own living space instead of having to bother relatives staying with them. If it's meant to be it will happen.

Bunny - Keeping you in my thoughts and hoping you get the college job. No luck here and nothing really being listed to apply for.

PeggyAnn - That's awesome about the gift for Snicker's surgery! How much more do you need to come up with to have it done?

Books - Just finished a couple Kindle books. I read on my breaks so I've been reading quite a bit lately.
"at least you're in tuscany" by Jennifer Criswell is a biography about a woman who was a lawyer and realized she didn't like being a lawyer but wanted to live in Tuscany and try writing. This book is her first year and all she went through trying to get through all the red tape to get her dual citizenship there. This was a good read and I hated having to stop reading when my breaks were over. I wouldn't be surprised if she does a sequel to this eventually.
"Make Money Online Volume 2" by Connie Brentford was a free Kindle book. It has some interesting ideas that are realistic for possible work at home jobs. I have the next 2 days off so I may look into some of the typing positions and see if they are really an option.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

HolidayJunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Michelle
Northglenn Colorado
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2013 :  11:05:39 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, it sounds like a good lead on that trailer for sure. I've got the itch myself and found my husband open to the idea. I have a feeling though, I'd end up doing any restoration by myself though. When I come up with the ideas around my house, he's all about letting me follow through COMPLETELY on my own. But it's a dream right now!

Blog: http://confessionsofaholidayjunkie.blogspot.com/

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/holidayjunkie/
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2013 :  11:20:23 AM  Show Profile
Hello ladies,
I thought I would share a few pictures I took this week.

This is my front yard..still need to paint bench.

This was the sky after the storms this past week. I was so glad that I had an open line to God that night. My sons say that God's ears were probably burning..lol

and my sweet grandson and son helping him show a pig....now is just a sweetheart in Grandma's eyes...of course I could be biased.

love to you all
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2013 :  2:12:58 PM  Show Profile
Tea Lady Tammy...Oh, I could just come sit on your little bench and enjoy your yard. It doesn't need painted...it looks
Vintage that way. Grandson is adorable!!! Love the picture of the SKY after the Storm. Beautiful!

Michelle and RFM Tammy...it would be fun to fix up a Motor Home or Camper and travel often as you could. I have a friend
who bought a big RV and her and her husband are traveling all over. They have come home in the good weather and are getting
ready to sell the Gorgeous Victorian Home and almost everything in it. They plan to downsize to a Condo...so they have some
place to come home to in the good weather and their college age daughter can stay there while she goes to Jr. College.

Cherime...I guess it was all the blue in that picture that made it look cold to me. 70 degree weather is perfect for traveling
and shorts that's for sure.

Well...my kids asked me to go to the Farmers Market with them and I said no, I should stay home with DH because it's Fathers Day.
I got him a card but didn't buy him anything (he's not my Father...LOL)...and now he just went back to bed. Oh...the man!!! So, I
miss out on the Farmers Market and get to watch him sleep.

I'm off for awhile...will check back in later.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

"Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly! Create what you dream of. Listen to your heart. Have Fun and Just Do It! P.Smith Mail Art Hostess
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2013 :  11:23:41 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Holy Smokes, it's like reading a book if your off for a few days!LOL! I only hope this doesn't get swept off into where ever these posts go. I think they fly away if it gets to wordy and long!

Judy, so glad for Mama! I told you that God is always faithful and right! I told my surgeon, oncologist and radiologist that the way we were going to handle things was in this order: God 1st, You 2nd and the rest will fall in place. I felt that God would heal me here or in heaven and how bad could that be! I'd be looking in his face if it was heaven. It was a win win situation for me!

Peggy, What a blessing! It's hard for me to receive also but we need to learn to allow others to be blessed by their giving don't we? I love your doggie stroller and doggie Too! DH and baby so precious. She how many times DH will change a diaper. Now that would be precious , wouldn't it? LOL!

TLT Love the pics. Have fun chaperoning! You'll be more worn out than from your GS! LOL!

Bunny If the school doesn't give you the job after that correct answer then shame on them! Hang in there sister.

I love all the pics. I wish I knew how to post them. I better learn. I could show you my outside tubs. One is red and one is orange!

This post is jumping all over the place and I'm having to correct it and I'm getting worried that it's going to fly away!

Hello to everyone else.

Lemonade and scones for your delight!

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2013 :  07:15:09 AM  Show Profile
I was just reading back to see what all I missed while I was busy with Mama. Some of these replies may be late but who cares, right? It's all good!
Peggy, such a cute stroller for your pup. I'm sure you both turn heads as you strut along.*giggle*
What a wonderful friend you have to share with you like she did.
What...you didn't make the usual 10 copies of the tea list. uh-oh, you know that you are going to misplace most of those. hahaha Did you at least put ONE copy in the bank vault? heehee
Peggy, I want to take this time to pat you on the back and say that "You Are A Model Swapper! "You never bite off more than you can chew. You give yourself plenty of time to do each one. You get things out on time and you never have to be scolded or removed from a swap. You, my friend are a treasure. Let's hear it for Peggy Ann...a swap partners dream.
Hip-hip-hooray!
I just think that every once in awhile people need to recognized and patted on the back for their good efforts, no matter how small THEY may think they are. Agree?
TLTammy, that's so funny what your son said about his twin. *giggle* May God watch over them the rest of the summer.
What? Your dear hubby doesn't appreciate you supervising his jobs around the house? Silly man!
I know that I drive my hubby nuts. I've never done any of the jobs that he's done around here....but by golly, just ask me ...or not...'cause I know how to do it! hahahahaha
22 butterflies next year....in a small room? Yikes!! You'd better just do wall to wall netting, the kind you can just pull a cord and it falls on them. hahaha
Don't you just love it when the tea companies send samples? Republic Tea and Gevalia are good at that too. I get coffee, tea, Splenda and even toothpaste. That last one made me laugh. But then, who doesn't want to remove all the coffee and tea stains, right? hahaha

Cherime, I really enjoyed the day trip right along with you, although I have to admit, the hair on my arms was standing up when we were going 80-90 MPH!! ~~whew~~ I really had to pee when we got there...er...when I finished your story! hahaha
Thanks for sharing another beautiful picture.
Alicia, I just love goats.We had them when I was a kid. Really enjoyed the milk. Now it's too rich for me. I gag. Isn't it strange haw we change? Great idea for a lawn-care business. I think it's a winner. Clever idea for the birthday party too.
TFMTammy, Sure hope that man of yours can get that thumb to heal. ~OUCH~ Men just don't realize that it's not them alone that suffers. We suffer right along with them. Silly creatures! *giggle*
Sure hope that RV is the answer to your Prayers. I agree that taking your own "Motel" along with you sounds great.
Well gals, it's time to get off my bumm and move a little before rigormortis sets in. hahaha
Make it A Great day!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2013 :  07:56:05 AM  Show Profile
Judy, I may be fast but I'm good. Glad you enjoyed the trip.
I have been back on Itunes looking at some of the old music. I knew I should not do that. I am going to need a big box of tissues. Guinnevere in particular by David Crosby has undone me this morning. All the stuff connected with that song rushing back into my heart. They say it was written from the prospective of Lancelot.
Years ago I was listening to that song and in a place where my heart was searching for Lancelot.
And eventually I found him. But before I recognized him, there were the nights when he would coax me down from the loft sitting in the living room with everyone else there, he would begin to play the guitar and I would slip down the stairs to listen.
Later when it was just the two of us and he played for me. The whisper of his fingers on the strings still is with me. I hear his melodies everywhere. I am in bad shape this morning. Good thing Jesus has his hand on my shoulder.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2013 :  1:25:46 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies,
it is time for a break..so I brought an apple tart for yall and some apple cinnamon tea which is extremely good. I just got done cleaning my house and I finished shampooing the rest of the carpets in my house. I have decided my butterfly wings have been productive enough and we need some down time. So thought I would pop in here quick and then I am working on the tea swap so I can get those in the mail. I will be telling the post office to hand stamp...would hate all that tea to be lost.

It is a beautiful day here and I am looking forward to sitting outside later with my tea and a book, Hope all is well with yall
love to you all
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1494 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1494 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2013 :  7:55:37 PM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
Hey girls!!

Been keeping busy. Matt has been at the fence again. I wrote about it in my blog last night. Isabelle is working on 4H projects. She worked on her poultry stuff today. She is going to her first camp next week, if all goes as hoped. I don't know how well it will go. I am so used to having her here to help. She doesn't really want to go, but I think it will be so good for her. Afterall, she is 11.
[URL=http://s191.photobucket.com/user/RoseThorne7/media/DSCN2023_zpsd396aaef.jpg.html][/URL]

Starting to plan out my first quilt...eeekkk!! What do you think?
[URL=http://s191.photobucket.com/user/RoseThorne7/media/Myquiltfabrics_zps3c2bb8f3.png.html][/URL]

Finally had time to sit and finish my apron tonight. Then realized I was 8 inches short of bias tape!!!! GRRR!!!!

The tea is wonderful Tammy! ;)

Thanks Judy! They really are such fun. I think the lawn care may be a better fit, b/c insurance would likely be less. IDK, though.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2013 :  09:36:46 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies,
I have just gotten back from post office. Your tea is in the mail and on their way. Enjoy.
we had rain this am and now it looks like the sun is coming out. I went to work out and found out I am a wimp. two pound weights nearly killed me...hahahah

Today I am taking it a bit easier after yesterday. Sheesh...I decided yesterday to clean house and finish shampooing carpets...I am not sure whatI was thinking. So today is relax with a good book or crochet.

have a blessed day ladies,
Love to you all
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2013 :  10:50:44 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Lovelies...I got on and read last night but was too tired to post and wanted to finish my latest book called
"Yard" by Alex Grecian. It is a book that takes place after the Infamous Jack The Ripper in London...and is all about The
Scotland Yard. It was a good read...but not for weak stomachs or the faint at heart. LOL

Teacher Tammy...I am glad that you are taking the day off to rest and relax. You work far too hard! How is little Jax doing?
Haven't heard anything about his antics for awhile. Well, your house is all clean, your carpets shampooed and your yard looks
great and you do not have to get out the Humungous Butterfly Net for a couple months...to reel in that Hyper class of Butterfly
Babes you teach. So enjoy your summer (I know it will feel all too short...soon enough).

Alicia...pretty colors in your quilt. What pattern are you going to do? To me personally it looks too busy with all the different
print patterns...but we each have to create to our own likes and dislikes. ~ Love the picture of your DD and her chicken. I think Matt's right...Daisy needs fenced in...seems she has a wandering eye. Meant to tell you that there is a guy her in my local area
who rents out his goats to the City of Portland, OR to keep their vegetation down. You will see him sitting out in a Lawn Chair/with a book close by...overseeing their work. LOL It is really cool though because those goats can go where mortal men fear to tread. That
could be a pretty lucrative business.

Cherime...you seem to have a great love of music yourself. I do too. Maybe that is why I dated several and married one Musician. Just
have a man write a song for me...and I was head over heals in LOVE. Did your husband play in a band?

Judy...Wow girl...thanks for tooting my horn!!! LOL Don't know what brought that on...but you are so sweet. I can tell that you are
feeling less stressed over Mama...cuz you were so stinken funny in your last Post. That's the Judy we know and love!!! She's Back!!!

OK...off to eat and do some daily cleaning before the rain comes and I'm in too much pain to do anything.

Hugs and Squishies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2013 :  10:59:58 AM  Show Profile
Yummy apple tart Tammy. I really enjoy a good cup of apple-cinnamon tea too.Thanks!
You certainly are not wimpy. I gauge that by how many carpets you've cleaned lately.
You are one working mama! *giggle* They can keep their 2# weights...just hand you a
cleaning appliance and watch you go! Why...you'll run circles around them. heehee
The Farmers Almanac said that our area was going to have a cooler&wetter spring&summer and
we surely are. I'm enjoying these cloudy, cooler days since I'm allergic to sun and
can't deal with high temps. We've had 70's for so long. It's just great. Plus we don't
have to run up the city water bill trying to keep the posies alive.
Well, hubby is off for a week starting today for our vacation plus Thursday is our 7th Anniversary.
Not too many 58 Y.O's can say THAT! hahaha We aren't going too far from home because of Mama.
We are planning some day-trips. We haven't had a vacation in about 3 years. I'm ready for some "us" time!
Make it a Great day gals!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

country treasure
True Blue Farmgirl

452 Posts

judy
SK
Canada
452 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2013 :  5:17:57 PM  Show Profile
Apple dessert????? Look you the cat dragged in??? Gosh, the time got away from me again but I keep you all in my thoughts & heart! I sure hope the porch tonight is in the shade because we've been working since 4am & I'm hot & my boots are coming off!!! LOL
Judy, Congrats! 7 big ones! Give each other a tight squeeze! LOL
I couldn't agree more about Peg being the sweetest swap partner! I keep telling her that I think she must give the best hugs!!!
Hubby & I had our 35th anniversary but we say 40 years because we were grew up a mile apart, he lived on top of the hill & me at the bottom & started farming together before I was 16. We couldn't go on a date until I turned 16 so that's where the extra 5 years comes from. OUr new farm is over a 100 years old & no one stopped to plant a tree, flower, or heck even a weed! Crazy people!!!!! So we planted 100s of trees to celebrate our big 40th! I figure that anybody that can see each bent over ALL day, OK..... that comment is mostly about me! LOL.... & still talk & hold hands coming home at night well then the next 40 should be OK. It's kind of like baking your first cake......uneven, lumpy & a wee bit crusty but that darn icing is just soooooo sweet!!! So my hubby is my icing.....well on most days! LOL PS>>>> wouldn't want to do it without him!
One of our daughters asked what the big secret to our marriage was????? I told her straight out that it's not the good times but it's the real stinky, rotten times that if he's willing to hold you tight & stand right there, not a head of you & not behind, just right there beside you & squeeze your hand well then in my thinking a lady has a keeper!
Plus.......both of us are way tooooo tired to worry about getting a divorce!!!!!!! *snort*
We had some much needed rain but we're still soooo dry but it did come & we're having a happy dance for a few days.
The cats, dog, cattle, sheep, pigs, chickens, ducks.....well you get the idea are all fine!
Well, if farm life was any more darn exciting I'd be losing my britches so I'm off to get my bread baked for tomorrow's drop offs. I made rhubarb/coconut tarts to put into the baskets for treats this week. Now there's one for the waistline! LOl
Smiles to ALL!
Judy

country wishes!
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2013 :  6:31:10 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Alicia,
The quilt colors are great....perfect.

Tammy,
I love your house. The bench is perfect as is.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1494 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1494 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2013 :  6:43:07 PM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
Thank you Peggy and Terri!! Perhaps what I should have done first was pick a pattern. Anyone have a tip for a beginner quilter?? I can sew, I have just never quilted.

Go to Top of Page

SRhea
Farmgirl in Training

42 Posts

Sue
San Angelo TX
USA
42 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2013 :  6:52:56 PM  Show Profile
I have been away from here for awhile due to job changes, husbands surgery & sons surgery, but would love to get back with all you lovely ladies. Sitting a spell on the porch sounds really relaxing & inviting. So...if I could join you all it would be really nice.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2013 :  9:38:49 PM  Show Profile
Alicia, there is a quilt pattern called "yellow Brick Road" that would be perfect for your fabric picks. Check it out. I use to teach it for beginners because there weren't many seams that had to match. Just the seams between the actual blocks. It was pretty fast to make too.

Nice to see some long lost names here!

I took my mom to Portland (Oregon) today. My truck is running well and she just got hers back. All my money is gone... Not happy about that. But at least we have wheels. Still waiting to hear about the job. I hope it doesn't take too long. Background checks to be done and all. But I would like to know something soon. I hate the waiting. This job is such a big deal for me.

Off to bed for me... Later all!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2013 :  12:43:52 AM  Show Profile
Hello Girlies...Yahoo some of you have come in out of the rain and hopped right back on The Porch...where you belong I might add!

Herblady Judy...Awesome you are on Vacation...how Sweet it tis to have hubby off and some day trips ahead of you. JUST ENJOY Girl!
Happy Anniversary a day early!!! Seven whole years huh? You're still in the Honey Moon Stage.

Well, My Country Treasure...I was just thinking about you today. I thought...I wonder if those two Sweet farmer friends of mine are on their little travel adventure or back home trying to fill that barn back up with critters. I should drop her a note and find out. But ya beat me to it!!! And I find out you've been planting trees instead of vacationing. What kind of trees did you plant? I hope you got some fruit trees too since you love to bake so much.
You and Walt are truly Childhood Sweethearts! I love your story. I bet you two feel like you'll never be able to stand up straight again...after planting hundreds of Trees.
You two always tickle me...how you celebrate major events in your lives.
Buying cows, planting trees...*giggle*...Nothing Ordinary for you two. LOL
I know what you mean about The True Test of a Marriage being The Stinken Rotten Times that you make it through still talken and holding hands and walking side by side. My husband and I just went through a few days of that...but today we sat down and talked, dreamed and prayed together...and all is well with our souls and hearts. And life goes on side by side. And Smilen more!
Hey, did all your beautiful red tulips come back up this year???
Wow...I wish I was one of your drop offs tomorrow...those ruhbarb/coconut tarts sound yummo.
Love you girl...so, happy you are on The Porch now...even though you are tempting my smaller waistline. LOL I have just lost 20 lbs and have about 30 more to go. But I have been sooooo good.

Alicia...if you want advice on quilting
Bunny is your gal.
And Darlene too...they are both great quilters.

Sue...Welcome back on the Porch. We are delighted to have you back. Sit a spell and chat with us for awhile. Hope DH & DS are both doing good after their surgeries.

Bunny...I am getting anxious for you to hear about that job too. Still Praying for you. They say, "Good things come to those who wait." But oh, it is so hard to do.

Did you and your mom do something fun in Portland?

We sure had weather all over the charts the last couple of days huh?
Crazy!

OK My Porchies...Off to bed to read for awhile.

Later Gators,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 19 2013 12:48:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2013 :  06:09:40 AM  Show Profile
our heat wave made the news. 80 here yesterday. 50 thank goodness last night slept with every door and window open. The flying hypodermic needles are BAD

CMF
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2013 :  11:05:29 AM  Show Profile
Afternoon ladies,
it is a beautiful day here and I am fluttering around my house doing this and that...maybe more fluttering than anything else...hahahah
Cherime I saw about your heatwave on the news

Judy happy anniversary have a lovely day mine will be 22 years on July 5 and it will be the first time my hubby and I will be apart. I will be on our church youth group trip in Texas so we have decided we would celebrate when I return. I love my Mr. Darcy.

Peggy Inquiring minds would like to know what your latest read is. I just finished The Peachkeeper and now I am reading Murder is Binding. A type of book that is like the tea shop mysteries. It is pretty good.

Welcome back to the porch Sue

Alicia I am a beginning quilter but have not done anything in over a year since we moved and I took up crochet. I find that much more relaxing But Bunny is the gal. She does beautiful work.

Bunny praying you will hear something about the job soon.

Well I think it is about time for me to do some more fluttering. I have been working on some ideas for school and my classroom. My teacher mind just doesn't ever shut off. But I promise Peggy I am relaxing...so don't worry

love to you all
Tammy

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page