Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  08:20:46 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
We could see 80's today. It was a muggy 78 yesterday. Sorry, I am not rubbing it in. LOL

I love anything made with apples.

I am still working on my daughter's teacher's baby blanket. I don't want to rush it. Her baby isn't due until June. Her shower is Saturday. But I want it to be done perfect.

Come to my blog to see a picture of my little porch.

Have a blessed day.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  08:32:02 AM  Show Profile
We could be in the 80s as well. Isn't it nice! After so much cold and wet I'm ready for warm and sunny. I am wishing warm and sunny to all the porch visitors!

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  10:34:55 AM  Show Profile
Angela, I am ready for the warmth too! It is in the 70's today, so I might sit outside for a while and read...
Hope everyone's day is going well! I had a half day of school today, so I have a lot of time to kill before Holy Thursday mass.
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  10:45:46 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Enjoy the nice weather ladies!!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  3:26:51 PM  Show Profile
mrs rooster i'm jealous
love your patio and that sunny sunny weather
though its nice here today and hopefully continue
deb

http://jerseyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  5:19:46 PM  Show Profile
Ah, the Porch! I've been gone for some time, and I know you all have had great friendship. Barely got underneath the covering as we are having mini hail storms which dampens my Spring spirit a bit! There are new people here and I see new goodies to share. You all are so generous sharing your time.... & goodies. I have spent much time with my 91 year old Mom who has a few minor health problems that need addressing. She is very sad however, as her little companion pet, Duchess, went to sleep after developing liver failure. Mom had her 12 years and it definitely is like loosing a dear friend. So are all of you doing well?

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

"Half of success is the assurance of support along the way." cr
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  7:07:41 PM  Show Profile
I am in for the night. I only got one row of peas planted. My 1 y/o daughter was goin behind me unburyin as fast as I was plantin. Then she walked up and showed momma her handful of unburied pea seed. I couldn't yell at her for laughing so hard! Then I had to replant the row. It was worth it to see her laughin and plantin her seeds all over the garden like momma was. I'll have peas poppin up everywhere!

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  9:07:16 PM  Show Profile
Aww, how cute Angela! I was out in the garden for a little bit today, only I was weeding:( But I got a big pile of weeds out. I still have a lot to do, but no school tomorrow, so I have the whole day to do whatever I want!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  9:16:54 PM  Show Profile
I homeschool my daughter, so everyday is school day. It's fun having my two girls home full time and my oldest girl home partime. She's home full time the rest of this year. The swine flu thing was a major issue in our area and the baby was a premie with health problems. She chose to stay home and be internet shcooled rather than live with her aunt for three months. She couldn't leave her baby sister and miss out on her first year.

Go to Top of Page

Tammyb
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Tammy
Bluffton Ohio
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  06:27:37 AM  Show Profile
I have been gone for a while now and miss you all so much. Hope you don't mind if I grab a cuppa coffee and my underground railroad quilt and just sit and stitch that binding down. It is a beautiful morning here in Ohio. Suppose to be in the 70's I think ... Spring is here!! And I am ready to get back into the "swing" of doing the things I love. Thanks for letting me come back over without any fear of judgment for been gone for so long. How I have missed you all !!
Tammyb

Live to leave a legacy

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  07:00:19 AM  Show Profile
Tammy welcome back, it's good to see you. How about we all meet up at the porch, have some tea and I just fixed up a pineapple cake. It sure smells good! We can catch up on everything thats been keeping us so busy! Time for a "time out" and get some good old farmgirl info.

Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  07:52:13 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
Tammy- I lived in Ohio until last July. Warren. I am so glad you aren't having another white Easter. LOL

Got a tickle in my throat this morning. I am drinking lots of tea.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  09:11:36 AM  Show Profile
Welcome back Tammy! Brenda, that cake and tea sounds wonderful! My Mom and I will probably do some baking tomorrow for Easter. Cupcakes and deviled eggs! Have a good Good Friday everyone!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  09:55:11 AM  Show Profile
I spent the night with a sick little one. She was up too late and then ate herself sick on creamed corn and biscuits. Three hours of fussin and cryin later she finally fell asleep. We bith slept in till 11:00, so no easter baking for us. I'm gonna run to a local bakery and pick up what we need. Then it's off to Cox's Plant Farm for the rest of my seed and a few flowers. I'll bring you all back some of thier cinnamon bread and the cookie of the day. It's always a kinda out there flavor of cookie , but I haven't tried one I didn't like yet. And everything there is baked in one of those stone ovens. It's so wonderful.

Go to Top of Page

gypsy goat
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

mary jo
michigan
673 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  10:04:15 AM  Show Profile
is there room for a new gal on the porch? someone is going to have to share their porch with me since we don't have one yet. angela i hope your little one is doing better it is so hard when they get sick. think i'll sit here a spell drink some cold tea then go finish turning my compost pile thanks for the nice break
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  10:16:32 AM  Show Profile
Mary Jo we can always find an extra spot for a sister to join us. Hurry on over and we'll chat a spell.

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  10:23:38 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Mary Jo! We love new people here. In no time at all you'll feel like you've been here forever. My baby is doin great now. Thanks. I Love your name, Mary Jo. I named my middle daughter Makayla Jo Ann, she goes by Mikey Jo. I love a name that sounds country!

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  3:32:46 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Mary Jo! You can definitely fit on our porch! Join in whenever you want, there's sure to be goodies and stories to tell around the porch.
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  4:12:02 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
YAY!! A new member!! Welcome Mary Jo to the porch!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  4:50:17 PM  Show Profile
Hey Girls! Hiy'all... beautiful day.. maybe a bit too warm... but I have a loaf of Challah that is currently being baked! ...ooops I heard the timer ding! I'll catch up with you gals again!

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus
...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  4:55:53 PM  Show Profile
welcome to the porch mary jo
its a beautiful day here and i made some lemon curd
and fresh mint iced tea it will go nice with that challah loaf karrieanns making

http://jerseyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  6:56:35 PM  Show Profile
Good evening to all. I was unable to locate my easter breads today. Everywhere I went was sold out. I guess we'll go without this year. I did get jelly bean cookies though! Have some!

Go to Top of Page

wellswillow
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcie
Branchport New York
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2010 :  05:52:17 AM  Show Profile
Good morning! It will be another lovely day. We will be in the lower 80's again---usually late May weather here. Things are growing. Then this coming week we should settle into the lower 70's. Actually 50's would be appropriate for April.

We had an electrical problem, so haven't been here for a few days. I'm glad that is fixed.

Welcome MaryJo!

I have some hot cross buns ready to share on the porch. Since it is morning, I'll have some blueberry coffee with mine. Care for some?

Have a great Saturday!!
We have 5 baby chicks that hatched in the past couple of days.

Marcie

I enjoy chatting with my friends.

Sisterhood Member 1114
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2010 :  06:04:43 AM  Show Profile
Oh Marcie the hot cross buns sound wonderful. Going to have a rough day today so thought I'd sit a spell and chitchat. It is great to see the sun shining this morning. We had rain all day yesterday. Can't wait to get out and work in my flowers. I know about not having a computer unavailable for a time. I really missed everyone too. So glad you are back and lets enjoy those buns!

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2010 :  06:06:52 AM  Show Profile
well Marcie.. I never heard of blueberry coffee! I love blue berries... that Challah bread that I made last night turned out great.. I was experimenting and I placed it in my two quart stoneware pot, after I braid it. I was looking for a tight (not a braid wreath shape), high rise bread. Mission accomplished! I had some slices with my violet jelly.. oooh so yummy! The violet jelly was sweet... not overly sweet like it was loaded with sugar.. but sweet like watermelons!

Well, It is time for me to get myself together and go with Hubby today, he is doing his contribution of bucketing for the Shriners. Catch y'all later.. (throws smoochies to all)

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus
...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page