Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2013 :  06:59:39 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, I did get the book cover taken care of.
As to GDD, It ok when she is here and fine when she is not. I need a certain amount of quiet to write and that girl loves to talk.
Here is what I did with the book cover. Have a great day.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2013 :  09:19:10 AM  Show Profile
Hi Gang,I'm lurking Peg, so you aren't crazy!hahaha Can't stay long, but I've been trying to read all the posts every other day.Ya miss 1 day and there are 54 posts to read.WOW! I'm moving small boxes,clothes and curtains into Mama's new digs....using my Beetle...slow going to say the least!hahaha Been doing that for 2 days and my body is really complaining. Because I have to look up to see the top shelves of the cabinets,it hurts my neck and shoulders. No I haven't gone to the chiro.yet.
Took Mama to the Dr. this week and they didnt have the tests read yet from her breathing tests. Can we say S--l--o--w We need to get her straightened out before I can even think about my chiro,dentist&eye appt.
Love the goatie pics...so cute.
Peg, thanks for the giggle."One stroke recovery" sounds like a fix-it button to me too. Glad you warned me. You poor thing!
Cherime....love that beautiful sky/Mt pic. Gorgeous!
I have the TeaSwap teas almost ready. Probably mail them out this week.
Later Gators!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2013 :  09:46:44 AM  Show Profile
Judy, I am finding that so long as the books I write are set in Alaska I have a lot of pictures to use for book covers. I don't even recall when I took that one.
Boy that is slow for the tests.
It's snowing again and they said '1' inch, right I am looking at 4inches right now and it's not quite 9am here. Ah, Well. At least it's not June and snowing. That really would depress me.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2013 :  09:49:36 AM  Show Profile
Cherime...I agree with Judy...beautiful Cover!!

Judy...I absolutely know what you mean about not being able to tend to your own Medical needs because
of the appointments for another...needing to take first priority. I should be getting several medical
things done...and just can't seem to deal with anything but my husbands medical stuff. And yet I need
to stay as healthy as possible to help him. It is a crazy crazy thing...this getting old. I don't recommend
it...and yet the alternative isn't too great either. Hey, I am so glad we are back to the Tea Swap...I
missed getting it last month. But I know who was suppose to send it...so, I'm not shocked that we didn't
get it.

I didn't sleep very well last night. Mainly due to too short of hours. I didn't go to sleep until 3:30 am
(that book had me intrigued after all) and then I woke up at 8:30 am. I feel very tired. I did try to
retrieve my Picasa Pictures...but have had no luck so far. Praise God, that I didn't lose my contact list,
that wouldn't have been the bigger mess...and I think the only reason I didn't is because they are all on my
Smart Phone too....and that is all linked.

Don't know what today will hold but I have a feeling it is going to be catch some zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's when I
can. I need to see if it is pouring rain (suppose to be our worst day yet)so I can walk Snickers.
I will try to jump on later and see who is on the Porch for a chat.

Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2013 :  10:00:52 AM  Show Profile
I'm still here too. I think I over did it this quarter at school. Work is going ok. School is kicking my behind. I'm actually suppose to be doing homework right now but just need a bit of a break. Fibro is lurking in the background. I try to stay under the worst of it. I can work all day at the office job but 3 hours in the library and my algebra class tires me out big time.

Judy, I really hope this is the last move for your mom. I can imagine the mutterings coming out of your mouth. Hang in there....carefully!

Peggy, glad you got your computer up and running again. Amazing how much we rely on them. Lesson to learn....back up everything on two different storage devices. Ask your son about an external hard drive. They are not too expensive. You should also invest in some small USB storage devices. Put all your pictures on one, documents on another and so on. I learned all this the hard way too. Not good news about hubby. He needs to realize the burden of work and stress he is putting you through. But maybe should hear it from one of your sons?

Cherime, I bet you have some wonderful Alaska pictures! I wish I had time for fun reading. Hopefully this summer I'll get a chance to read one of your books.

Later all. Time to get to work!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Fabric website: www.bunnyroseco.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2013 :  11:19:51 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
I would like to join in on your porch. When I was 12 and the foster home I lived in on the farm had a porch swing and that was one of my favorite places next to the tree that I would climb up and watch the world go by, which was not very often out in the country. I live in the city now and in only three years I will be moving back out to the country with my husband. Been in the city for way too long. I love mint tea so I'll bring that and my zucchini bread to go along with everything else. Hope that works for you all.

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears. Becky #4932
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2013 :  11:44:36 AM  Show Profile
Welcome to the porch, Rebecca. Thank you for the mint tea and zucchini bread. That is a treat. I brought peanut butter cookies to go with the bread and tea. I do not have a porch, so this one is the best!!!
Peggy, glad your daughter liked the hat and booties. It is crocheted. Crocheting goes alot faster than knitting. Hope hubby gets better real soon. Maybe when he can start going outdoors and getting some fresh air, hhe will feel better.I know I will!!!!!
We had about 2 inches of snow and snowing hard when I got up. I just wanted yto cry!!!! Now it is sleetinng and did melt most of the snow that we did get, hope it will rain and wash the rest of it away for good. It is supposed to be sunny tomorrow. I sure do hope so!!!! Maybe we can take a ride somewhere then.
I usually have my summer clothes out by now and wearing kakis, but right now we are still wearing winter coats and boots!!!LOL!!! We have had years when we had to wear jackets until the end of June, so I cannot be too surprised. Its just that last year we were in the 70s this time of the year!!!!!
Bunny, hope your classes become easier for you as time goes. Hang in there, you are almost there. Glad work is going good for you.
I agree, Cherime, the picture is just beautiful!!!!! Some day I too will read your books. I just have too much on my plate right now. I have been working alot for my son, and in between that, I am trying to get some of my unfinished things done here, sewing, knitting, etc. Hubby is now going to retire in Nvember, he keeps moving the date closer, so I am trying to get everything done so I can either take it with us, or sell in on my Etsy shop or craft sale. I have so much stuff to finish, and not enough time.
Kimberly, Hope things are going better for you. How is your nnew business doing?
More later,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2013 :  12:03:06 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Welcome Rebecca,
I hope you put frosting on that Z-bread.
Cherime, is your book on Smashwords?
Terri
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2013 :  1:02:42 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Terri,
Actually butter and warmed just a few seconds in the micro makes the flavor come out nicely. I see that most you are still dealing with the snow. If you are tired of it then you could just send it my way and I'll send you the sunshine until you get your own. How's that for a trade off. I really miss the snow.

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears. Becky #4932
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2013 :  2:01:49 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Rebecca. That sounds wonderful!!

To the snowbound:
I never lived in the snow but I will be happy to send you some California sunshine!
Terri
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2013 :  2:16:39 PM  Show Profile
Terri, yes that one is on Smashwords now.
Hi Rebecca. Welcome.
Thanks Jan, I'll post another picture but anyone wanting to look at beautiful stuff needs to go to Ted Raynor's site. The guy is good.
This pix is the second book cover, the sequel to Behind the Raven Mask. My GDD and I went up to the the edge of Denali Park about 3 weeks ago and I got this one on the way up.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2013 :  2:36:54 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Cherime,
I am going to go check it out.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2013 :  7:49:08 PM  Show Profile
Cherime,Another beautiful cover! WOW! Your weatherman sounds like a commercial I heard on the radio back when we had snow. The announcer said, "shoveling 4 inches of partly-cloudy!" You could hear a shovel scraping snow.Then you hear a truck *beepbeepbeep*as it backs up and again the announcer says, "shoveling 12 inches of partly-cloudy!" hahahaha I giggled every time I heard that commercial! It's so sad but so true! They can never predict the weather...and get it right. hahaahaha We've been having a few sunny days,low 50's but with a really cold wind that's about 10 degrees colder. Makes it hard to know how to dress when moving Mama. Wearing lots of light layers. Started out with a scratchy throat this morning,but it cleared off as I started my busy day. Put up the curtains that I took down yesterday and washed.Bought a couple of new panels for her door. I have to say, the place is looking quite homey. I may just move in myself. LOL
Peg, I didn't sleep all that well last night myself. I didn't take any of my sleep herbs or any Ibuprofen.I ached like a toothache! Silly me! I bet I remember tonight. Either that or a rubber mallet! hahaha
Hang in there Bunny girl! Summer break is coming. Ya, I keep telling Ma, "This is it lady.Next stop,Shady Pines!" hahaha Remember Golden Girls where Dorothy always told her Ma she was taking her to Shady Pines,every time she started acting up? LOL It's my payback for all those times my Ma threatened my Sister and I, saying she'd send us to the Detention Home if we didn't stop whatever was annoying her at the time. Yup...Payback time! hahaha
Rebecca...Welcome to the most fun you can have on a porch! Glad you found us! Hop right on up on that swing and join in the chatter. *hands you a minty refill* I cut me a nice thick slice of that zucci bread. Thanks! I brought some cinny-butter....hope that's ok. Tell us all about you. What do you enjoy doing? Do you have any children? fur-babies?
Janet, I'll get to those PB cookies in a minute. The smell is wafting over here. mmmmm....got a mouthful of bread right now! *giggle* Man, that snow just won't leave you will it? Glad it goes over us and northeast. The great lakes protect us from a lot of what you get...I'm thankful for that!
Well, time for this Chicky to head for the roost!
*yawn* Nite Gals!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2013 :  7:57:41 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Judy,
You are a scream. Sleep tight.
Speaking of herbs and stuff. What can I take to have nicer dreams? I keep having the same two or three dreams. The most annoying one is what I call "Lost in City Hall". I used to work for a city govt and in this dream I am at work going from one task to another in another office which I can never find. Then the elevators don't work right, if at all, and I can't find my car and I am late to the meeting because I can't find the right floor or office. UGH.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2013 :  7:58:34 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Cherime,
I got Mile 43.3 and I love it. I am 70% through it.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2013 :  8:02:01 PM  Show Profile
Well, we got about 2 inches of snow, then sleet, then rain, so all that snow is now gone. It is rainging hard out right now. I do hope it washes the rest of the snow we have out there away, and for good!!!!! Time to see a lawn again, get the ground thawed out, and get gardening!!!!! It is supposed to get to 42 degrees and sunny tomorrow. We shall see. Looks like alot of rain and snow mixed the rest of next week though. I am hoping to be able to unpack my summer clothes and put away my winter clothes. I really am tired of wearing all those heavy sweaters, and boots yet!!!
Judy, Sounds like mom has a nice place now. I am sure she will like it there. Hope you get some much needed rest tonight. I am heading to bed myself right now.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2013 :  8:42:24 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Terri.
It is still snowing drat all I guess we are going to have bout 8 inches with it is over. :(
Thanks Judy. As long as I do Alaska stuff I have plenty of photos for covers. :)
Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2013 :  12:35:00 AM  Show Profile
Well Girlies...this is The Porch I know and love.
About time ya all came home... I was starten to feel like I was talking to myself.
Knew I was in real trouble when I started answering like you would. LOL

Judy...really doesn't "Recovery" sound like you are going to get back what you lost? They should have called it "One-Key Stroke to Computer Hell."

Well, I think I must really be your mama's offspring...because we both seem to move more than is humanely required. LOL Tell her she has to stay put now...and I keep whispering that to myself also. I am happy where I am at....finally!

Janet...I knew you croucheted...but I knit so that is just the word that so easily comes to brain and out my fingertips. LOL

I think I would cry right along with you if I had to face snow.

Terri...I never heard of frosted zuchinni bread. What do you frost it with? Up North...we just slather it with butter!

Rebecca - WELCOME TO THE PORCH. And thanks for bringing the goodies. Hope you will come back and sit a spell and tell us a little bit about yourself.

Bunny...hang in there...soon you will get to enjoy summer and put the books to rest for awhile. Will the job at the Library stop during summer break?

Sorry Cherime that you and Janet are getting snow still. We are getting rain but it was after several really gorgeous spring days...so, I at least had some real great days before it turned liquid sunshine again.

I finished the Jack Reacher book I was reading. It wasn't really horrible or anything...but not really edge of your seat drama like I normally go for...in those kind of books.

I think I will go on Smashwords again and try to get one of your books Cherime. I am not usually a romance reader unless it is mixed in with a good mystery...but hey, I'll give it a try...because I do love stuff about Alaska. I think I told you that my husband and I are
"Alaska State Trooper" nerds. We love that show.

Ok...Ladies...loved, loved, loved all the chattiness today.
It was so heartwarming.

Sleep Tight Ladies...Judy hope you took all your herbs...that is what I am about to do too, as well as Aleve for my Fibro.

Hugga-Bugga,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2013 :  04:37:48 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, if you watch AK State Troopers then you have seen my son's place. The older subdivision where he lives saw a bit of action and lo and behold it would up on that show. They said it was someplace else in the show but the kids recognized the house right away.
Still snowing out there I may not make it to church in this garbage. 8 inches is a bit much.
Ah well.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2013 :  08:21:01 AM  Show Profile
Just getting ready for Church but thought I'd drop by and say hi. Hope all you ladies are doing well.

Just had to chuckle over my children the other night. We decided to have a marshmellow roast and my son didn't know how we were going to start the fire! I had to reassure him that I have started more wood fires than his daddy has ever seen and that I was very capable of starting our marshmellow roast fire. :) They were astounded that I knew how to light fires. So I explained to them how I used to have wood heat as the heat for my home so I kept a fire going pretty much all the time. They were so impressed!!!

Also proud of myself on another occassion. I am TOOL CHALLENGED. All you ladies who can fix or build things amaze me. Well I got into my one ton to take the garbage to the garbage dump. The sweet gal wouldn't start. To me it sounded like dead battery, but what do I know. So I was trying to figure out what I should do. I called my Daddy (who is working in Manitoba Canada) and let him hear it. He agreed with my prognossis and then proceeded to reteach me (I know he's done it in the past) how to jump my truck. So I parked the car close to it and I JUMPED my truck. I know this sounds ridiculous to all of you but it was liberating to me. I can and I will do things on my own. I can and I will be strong. I'm going to grow through this experience and I'm going to be better for it. Then I drove to the garbage dump and made sure the batteries had plenty of time to recharge.

Baby goats are still coming. And my one doe that had such a tramadic delivery seems to be healing up well. So thankful. I LOVE new birth and working with livestock. Praying the Lord allows me to continue to work with them.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2013 :  1:36:18 PM  Show Profile
Cherime...I continue to be frustrated to no end with Smashword. I went in and set up a new account last night.
Ordered all three of your books, then once I put in all my credit card info (it all looked good) but when I hit
finish nothing happened.

Went back in and tried to do it again...as it said everything was still sitting in my check-out cart. Same thing...it
would not finish the transaction. I emailed them...now we will see if I ever hear back from them.

Kimberly...well girl, you are going to find out that you are much more capable than even you think you are...let alone the
kids. LOl And what you can't do for yourself...God will direct you to people who can. I was a single mom...(twice) and it
wasn't a piece of cake, brought me to tears on several occasions...but I learned that I was stronger than I ever thought I
was. And that keeping the truth "that God is your husband now" ever in the forefront of your mind helps immeasurably.

Ok...I didn't make it to Church either Cherime but not because of 8 inches of snow but rather because of a ton of rain...and I
can barely move from the pain of my fibro. I did spend time with The Lord in devotional time and in preparing one of my
two lessons for Thurs. Night Bible Study. So, that was all good. I have decided that I am going to have to start using a larger
print Bible. For some reason even with my Bi-focals the words are getting harder to read. I have a large print Bible...but I
have been using the same Bible since 1992 as my main study bible and It is all marked up and I know just where to find everything
important to me. I hate to start over again...but I will probably have to just bite the bullet and do it. I know I will end up
carrying both of them with me. LOL

Well...I check back on her later. Have a Wonderful Day Ladies!

Huggies,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2013 :  2:29:20 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
PeggyAnn,
I hadn't seen Z-bread frosted until I went to lunch a couple weeks ago at an Italian restaurant and they sell Z-bread to go. It had a lovely white glaze-type frosting on it and it was wonderful.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2013 :  5:24:32 PM  Show Profile
Howdy ladies,
Just thought I would stop in and say hello. Got home from my little trip. I took a day off from school to go to the FFA state convention which my sons and hubby were involved with. They go to various contests on leadership, livestock, and farm related things. It is part of the ag curriculum from their school that my husband teaches. My one son got an award for his work in swine entrepenship. I am sure that word is spelled wrong, but can not seem to figure it out...my brain is tired. While I was in the city I was to Barnes and Noble for an entire afternoon surrounded by books, more books, and a café filled with chocolate and some of my favorite teas...it was a delight.

Came home to laundry, went to classroom to get ready for week and grade papers, and cleaned house. Now I am reading and having tea. Currently reading Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks but bought two tea shop mysteries and another book that looked interesting. Spent this afternoon catching up on my bible lessons for Tuesday. I didn't go to church either. We were all just plain worn out. So spent some quiet time with God this am.

It was a beautiful day here. Looks like it could rain and oh could we use some of that.
I am so glad I haven't had to wear my winter coat the last few days...maybe spring will stay now.
love to you all,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2013 :  09:16:02 AM  Show Profile
OK Gals...the TeaBags-TeaSwap is rolling again! I mailed them out today! I wrote "hand stamp" on all of them.I recommend that we all do that just so they don't get shredded in the machines. Plus I put a trinket in each one that made the envelope even(poofier)...is a word,yes? *giggle* Watch for them Gals!
I'm somewhat sad today with the passing of Margaret Thatcher!Not perfect but I admire a lot of England's Ladies! Margaret was a powerful lady,so involved in her countries doings,even though the coal-miners didn't think so towards the end!Can't win them all, I don't suppose. If you've never seen her movie, it's a good one. I rented it on Netflix and really enjoyed it! Meryl Streep played her and did a great job(as usual).I really like her!
Well off to lug more boxes for Mama!
Later Gators!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Apr 08 2013 09:23:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2013 :  10:27:11 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Good Afternoon Ladies,
I thought I would stop by between baking bread for a barter and supervising my husband as he prepares my front area for flowers. Last year in the area that he is working on taking out stones, he planted a few butternut squash seeds, potatoes and carrots. I have been fighting him on starting a garden, just because we have such a small yard and we are renting and I can't dig up the grass to put one in. So without my knowledge he planted these seeds. Needless to say the squash took off and by the time it was all said and done, we had about 7 large squash from this time area. So now I am going to be planting my really first garden. This area gets too much shade and I have just learned about container gardening and that is what I am working on. Living in Florida for only 6 years and not sure of when, how long the growing season is I am sort of winging it. I can't wait until we leave Florida and move to our new home (wherever that may be) and have a real garden in the ground.
It has been nice sitting here chatting with you all, but I need to go and check on my bread. Have a lovely day and I'll be back later on to see how things are with you. I have tons of sunshine and would be willing to send it your way for a little snow. Any takers.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page