Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2013 :  4:33:46 PM  Show Profile
Madame Butterfly flew into the porch...I heard the porch posse was on the hunt...my wings took flight. Has just been a very busy week.

Peggy glad to hear your hubby is doing better. I will keep praying.

Bunny I am glad you have some time off and do hope you get to feeling better.

Kim...praying for you dear one.

Hello to all the new porchies. So glad to have you with us.

It is cold here and they are saying snow again...I am so tired of that word. I made my classroom look like spring even if it doesn't look like it outside. Mom and I went to see the movie Safe Haven. Very good movie. So now I am going to have to reread the book. Still wanting to finish the tea mystery series.

WEll I have a meeting tonight and bible study lessons to catch up on. Hope yall had a lovely day.

Love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2013 :  9:12:24 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Peggy,
Thanks for the cookies and tea.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2013 :  12:10:07 AM  Show Profile
Good Evening My Porchies...

Teacher Tammy...so glad that you flew to the Porch today!LOL We have been missing you!!!
Putting your Class Room in Spring decore will help everyone feel better. I am so sad for
those of you who still have so much "SNOW" and still getting more. It looks very Spring
like here. All the Ornamental Cherry Trees are blossoming out in all their Pink Glory,
The Cameleas are blooming in their pretty shades of red, white and pink. We also have
some beautiful white blooms on some of the trees (not sure what they are) but they look
almost like a very small tulip tree. I saw my first Azalea bush in bloom today when I
walked Snickers too. Our part of the Country looks Breathtakingly Gorgeous in the Spring
and Summer months. It's from all that rain that I am always complaining about (that kills
my Fibro) but I truly wouldn't want to live anywhere else in the Country. Today there was
a small Tornado that touched down at a local Farm and tore the roof off of his Barn. We
get about three small tornados a year in Washington and Oregon. Usually does just property
damage.

Bunny...that really does sound like you are developing Lupus. That would just suck along side your Fibro. I am going to pray that the symptoms go away. Does anyone else in your family have Lupus?
Well, you don't get near enough time off for Spring Break or is this just a semester break for you?

Today was not a good day for me Fibro wise.
I only got out inbetween the rain, hail, tornado, and wind storm...to walk my dog. And then I pretty much slept off and on and just had a pajama day. I didn't even make it to teach Bible Study tonight. I had to call on my substitute...to fill in for me.

The weather is suppose to get better for the next several days...so, I hope to get out and about for awhile each day.

OK my Porchies...I'm off for tonight.
More tomorrow!
Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

HolidayJunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Michelle
Northglenn Colorado
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2013 :  11:01:59 AM  Show Profile
well cookies will always bring this new girl out of hiding. good afternoon to everyone.

Blog: http://confessionsofaholidayjunkie.blogspot.com/

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/holidayjunkie/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2013 :  11:49:36 AM  Show Profile
WELCOME TO THE PORCH MICHELLE...The nice thing about our food and drinks on here is that they
are Virtual...so, there for no calories to complain about. Why don't you pull up a rocker and
sit a spell. We would love to get to know you better...so, tell us, what brought you to MJF?

hugs and smiles,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2013 :  12:10:21 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals! How is everyone? We are better here! Thanks for all of your Prayers! I'm sitting here looking at my homemade bracelet,which consists of green cotton thread braided,with an "A" cube on it for Adam. His cousin was going around putting them on people as they walked in the door. She was making them all evening. What a nice thing to do. I'd never heard of anybody doing that.
Welcome Tara and Danielle.What can you share with us about yourselves,your interests and enjoyments?
Bunny, I'm so happy that your tests are over and you can rest for a bit before trudging on. But I'm so sorry to hear about your possible Lupus miseries. I too Pray that they will go away with no lasting effects.You have enough on your plate without that.
Peg, glad to hear that hubby's ribs are feeling better.I sure hope he can heal completly!
Ruthie is our TeaBags Tea Swap Hostess for this month. I e-mailed her but I haven't heard if she got it. I know she's had a lot going on.
Awwwww...don't you just love to see little kids faces when they get a new puppy.They just glow!
I got our laundry all done yesterday.It was a very cold/breezy 30 degrees with flurries and gray,gray,gray!We vent the dryer into the basement with one of those kits you buy at the hardware,just so we can keep that heat in here instead of wasting it outside.
mmmmmmm....cookies and chocolate tea sounds like just what the doctor ordered. I mean,is there anything more comforting for a cold winters(Spring?ya right)day?/!Thanks Peg!
Ruthie, so glad to see you back on here. I wondered if you had left us.
TLTammy, you flew into the porch...*ouch*...that'll leave a mark! Are you ok? LOL
I just heard a Christian, blonde lady tell a joke about that last night on Netflix's,"Thou Shalt Laugh!" She said,"Two blondes walked into a Mall....You would have thought one of them would have seen it!" *rolls her eyes* LOL There were 2 "Thou Shalt Laugh" episodes that were Christian based. One hosted by Patricia Heaton and the other by Tim Conway. If you want some good,clean,family humor,go look them up! About 6 great Christian comedians on each one! I needed some humor in my life to refresh my own(giggly)personality.Now my cup runneth over again! LOL
Tammy, can you ask your local library to get the rest of those tea mysteries in for you from another library in another town? That's what ours does. You get put on a waiting list and they call you when it comes in.It's worth a try.
I want to go see,"The Croods!"It looks funny! I watched all the trailers for it.It's animated! Hubby is off for 5 days because he switched with somebody who wanted his Saturday. It works out great for us. Mom has a Dr appointment Tuesday, but the rest of the days are ours. Then she has another appointment Thursday. Hubby's back to work by then.
Well, that's all the news from me. Thanks again for keeping us in your Prayers thru all this confusion&craziness. As always,God was Faithful!
Love Yuns!
(sneaking off to get another of Peggy's cookies & a hot cuppa)

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"

Edited by - herblady55 on Mar 22 2013 12:19:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2013 :  6:26:37 PM  Show Profile
Judy you know I always make an entrance on the porch...how do you like my wing imprints...hahahahah
love ya
tammy

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2013 :  7:44:56 PM  Show Profile
Well, I'm feeling much better today. I think my resting the last few days helped.
I had a good day at work. I finished all the work they had for me and had to head home early.
I got a letter from the bank regulators dealing with the banks and the foreclosure violations. It said I will be getting some money because of my losing my house. I even got approved for a credit card. I feel like things might be piecing back together a bit. Now if I can just keep working, doing well in school and stay healthy, I'll have it made. Today is a good day.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Fabric website: www.bunnyroseco.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2013 :  8:43:40 PM  Show Profile
Bopping in to say hi to all.
Got my second book finished and now have to do the book cover and see about getting it up on Smashwords.
So I have this idea for another one percolating through the old gray matter
Bunny so glad to hear that you are doing better. and that is great about the bank.
Peggy, nope. do not pay any attention to the idea that as we get older we fall apart. I want to be like Moses. 120 and eye not dimmed and natural force not abated. Yea God. Praying for you and yours.
Judy, that bracelet idea is quite touching really.
Hi Michelle and welcome.
Hi there Terri.
Blessings all

CMF
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2013 :  07:06:51 AM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Cherime,
I will be watching for your book!
Terri
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2013 :  5:20:42 PM  Show Profile
I got the new book, Daughter of The Raven on Smashwords. Man is this fun!!!
Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

HolidayJunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Michelle
Northglenn Colorado
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2013 :  7:47:55 PM  Show Profile
Well Peggy, my mother in law always forward her magazines to me when she's done. I've always enjoyed the MaryJane Farm magazine, but this go around I really paid attention to details. I've been sick with a bad cold the last 2 weeks, so I've been in bed alot. Once I read the magazine, I just started searching things on line, to see more details. That's when I came across the merit badge program. Then from there, I ended up at the forum. I knew immediately I wanted to work on those badges. Many are things I already had mind set i was going to learn and the others...well, they're just a bonus. I'm so excited and how fun!! I belong to 2 other forums, based around Christmas. Like this board, we talk about everything else and the kitchen sink and have formed some great relationships over the years. Now I'm looking forward to doing that with a new group and gaining some knowledge while doing so. I'm a pretty domesticated person and don't have many others around me that enjoy such thing. I'm also going to be lucky enough to have my daughter on board as well. She's waiting for her "approval" for the forum, but she's already started working on some badges. She's 18 and a go getter for sure!

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2013 :  8:57:36 PM  Show Profile
Cherime, You reminded me of a show I watched on Netflix of a British detective named Herrcule Poirot,who was always saying that he had to rest his, "Little Gray Cells!" LOL I always liked that!
TLTammy,hahahaha I think I saw your nose imprint on that wall as well as your wings! *giggle*
Michelle,Welcome Farmgirl in Training! Isn't it a great feeling to find and make friends with like sisters of the heart? I've made great friends here and learned so much to boot! The swaps are fun too! I just know you're gonna love it here!
Well Gals, I've had a rough afternoon. First we took Mama to talk to her new landlady and see if the new place was cleaned up and fixed up to her liking. Dave and I seemed to do all the talking and question asking. She was just there! *sigh* They put in a new fridge,new living-room carpet and painted a wall in the living-room after fixing a few small nail holes. It really looked nice.
Then We took her to eat and get a few groceries and then home. That was the GOOD part of the day.Here's the rest, if I can get it to copy after writing to my Sister about it and saving it for yuns......

Ummmm,the day didn’t end up well at all. I boiled some older eggs that I had in the fridge and they were all rotten. ~~eeewwwwwww~~ Talk about a stink.I ran them outside and had to spray the kitchen with Spruce spray. Ok...now it just smells like something crawled off and died in the woods! *gag* Normally,I keep my eggs in the fridge just until they peep....THESE guys Peeped and died from neglect. hahahaha My bad! ~UGH~ I can still smell them(in my mind). Of course it didn’t help that a couple of them cracked in the water.
Then I had a crick in my neck all day. So I got on my Hang-Up to try and relieve it. I was talking to Dave,as he was on the couch,and I was adjusting my clogs on the foot pads and clipping my skirt between my knees. Then I took my time hanging upside down because my back has been stiff lately too. Weather related I’m sure. I wasn’t hanging upside down but a few seconds,when I started to slide out of the ankle grip. It was then that I realized that I’d forgotten to tighten the ankle grip. I started hollering, “help-help me-help,” and I could hear Dave getting off the couch.He hurried(lumbered)over to me and I kept trying to right myself,but I was sliding too fast,and trying to keep my feet flexed to stay myself. Dave put his arms around my ankles,I could feel him there,and I felt safe....when all of a sudden I hit the floor with my head and my neck bent and my shoulders hit the floor too. I said,”God,I’m dead aren’t I?” Dave looked helpless....like,”I just had her...I know I did.” My hand got caught in the cross-bar and I remembered thinking,”Oh no, I’m going to break my arm.” But God must have pulled it out for me, because all of a sudden it was free(Thank You God)
I still had my feet up on the Hang-Up and Dave was holding it because it wanted to swing back up to the start position.....and there we were for quite awhile while I assessed my body and tried to figure out how to get down...and was anything broken. I looked up at the place where my feet were suppose to be and there were my clogs,on the footpads.That’s when I became aware of my scraped heels,even through my socks. Finally I slid to the floor and bent my knees and very deliberately and tediously brought them to the side and lay there in a ball for awhile.Then I scooched myself slowly off from under the whole thing. Poor Dave looked so helpless.He really wasn’t sure if I was broken.Neither was I,to tell the truth.I remembered thinking,”I wonder if this will fix my neck.Or will it be worse.” I finally got up and I felt the back of my neck and shoulders and I really had a goose egg there.Dave asked if I was ok and I said I was,after all,I only hit my head.*giggle*I got a big bag of frozen peas and sat down in the living-room chair across from Dave and leaned back on them.He looked at me and wagged his head. He finally said,”I can’t believe you didn’t lock your ankles in.” Really? That’s the best you have for me in the sympathy department? Thanks!And thanks for dropping me on my head,BTW!
It WAS stupid of me,I have to admit. That’s one for the books,that’s for sure! I’ve been rubbing liniment on myself all night,plus I have salve and band-aids on my heels. I’m going to take my sleep herbs AND Ibuprofen tonight,that’s for sure.
And THIS is why you MUST have a spotter when you use any type of health-equipment(there’s an oxy moron)! Always have a spotter!
Kids, do NOT try this at home!hahahaha

So,as you can see,my afternoon was awful! And...yes....I still hurt....and....THAT'S gonna leave a mark!
Ok Peg....stop giggling over there. I can hear you from here!
As I was putting the band-aids on my heels I started giggling too.
The next time I complain about my neck or back hurting ya'll can remind me of my trapeze escapades! hahaha *ouch* Giggled to hard!
G'Nite Buds!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Mar 23 2013 9:10:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2013 :  9:31:18 PM  Show Profile
Judy, I'm in tears with your story. So funny! I can picture the whole thing. I hope you are OK...... still laughing.
Bummer about the eggs. You might do the water trick next time. If the egg sinks it's good, if it floats... off to the trash, Preferably outside.

Had an awesome day in my sewing room as usual. Here is what I worked on. I just have to sew the lace on the shoulders down.

Nite all!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Fabric website: www.bunnyroseco.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2013 :  10:08:14 PM  Show Profile
Judy, good one. My little grey cells don't want to rest. They always seem to be finding something else to do.
Bunny, lovely. Good job.
On another note, my DD had to work today and on the way home stopped at the store and passed out due to low blood sugar, the ambulance took her to the hospital as she was not responding. Ouch! She is supposed to work tomorrow so Mom is going in with her and driving her in and out of Anch the 40 miles one way. Problem is that her type 1 diabetes is for some reason acting up. She was eating and checking and dived bombed for no apparent reason. Please keep that one in prayer for me.
Mom is going to need to sleep tonight so I stopped at the liquor store and got a bottle of good single malt scotch. That should keep me in sleep medication for a couple of months. I got out the big guns.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

HolidayJunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Michelle
Northglenn Colorado
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2013 :  12:01:04 AM  Show Profile
Judy that just sounds HORRIBLE...ugggg!!
Cherime, sounds like you have a PLAN!!!

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2013 :  01:00:30 AM  Show Profile
Good Evening My Porchies....

First off...I got on for a minute this morning to read...and boy was I shocked when I didn't see my post from last night. The more I thought about it today...I was so tired last night...I probably forgot to copy it off my sticky notes and officially post it on The Porch. Silly Me!

But as I say that I must admit that I am NOT the only Silly Sister On The Porch...

Judy...you were spot on when you said you could hear me giggling from here. I haven't stopped yet.
My goodness girl...why would anyone want to hang upside down like a BAT. I always knew you were a bit batty but now you have proved it for sure. *giggle...holding my side cuz it hurts*' You are lucky that you didn't break your pretty little neck! And how did your man lose hold of your legs???? That one still has me baffled. I just hope that you aren't in too much pain tomorrow. You are giving your Angels a good Over Time Work Out...and they need to be preparing for Easter not trying to keep you in your shoes (up-side down no less). *giggle-smirk*

Speaking of Easter thanks for that cool Jesus and The Lamb
E-Card..that was so cool. I have had that aspect of Easter on My Mind all this week..."Worthy Was The Lamb that was Slain."

Michelle...thanks so much for sharing a little bit about yourself. That is kind of how I found MJF too. A girlfriend of mine in my Bible Study Group shared one of the Magazines with me. I had to go check out all the On-line stuff I kept reading about and low and behold I was thrilled to find like minded women as myself. Women who believed in sharing their craft with others and passing on the age old Life Styles of our Older Generations...Grandparents/Great Grandparents etc.

Cherime...Congrats on finishing the Book. Do you treat yourself to something special when you get one completed and submitted????
Praying for GD and Daughter (if I read all that right).

Bunny...another beautiful creation!!
I am glad that you are feeling better after some rest and time in your sewing room. It's the small things in life that are really the big things.

Ok girlies...I'm off here and getting ready for bed. I discovered the last few days that my Diabetis Medication is giving me symptoms of Vertigo. I think I would rather watch my food more closely than feel like I was going to fall at any minute.

Oh, tonight my DH and I watched "The Life of PI". Has anyone else seen it?
I think it would have been better at the Theater (we watched it on Exfinity TV) but we really loved it. Good Story.

Nightie Night My Lovelies...
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 24 2013 01:04:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2013 :  05:47:39 AM  Show Profile
Hey girls...I'm still alive. A little achy but alive! I've been rubbing down with liniment and Biofreeze and taking my muscle relaxer herbs and Ibuprofen,so,it's not too bad. Just a constant reminder...."NOT TO BE SO STUPID NEXT TIME!" hahaha
Hanging upside down normally feels so good Peg.My Chiro recommended that I buy an inversion table. But I think he also wanted me to "USE CAUTION!"...not throw it to the wind. hahaha Buckle up! Yesterday I put my deoderant on and was going to put some cologne on and I stood there wondering which one went with Biofreeze.But since I didn't have any minty colognes, I just shrugged and said...."Deoderant is 'nuff today I guess!" hahahaha I was just going to Moms. She'd understand! *giggle*
Bunny, what another lovely creation! You are AMAZING! If you had a store here in town, I'd be shopping there for sure! I love all the extra "BLING" you put on clothes!
Well I got up at 3 this morning to tinkle(hubs said that with all the herbs and stuff i'm taking,it's a good thing I woke up and don't pee the bed...lol) and it was really coming down outside!At 8 when I got up,this is what we saw:

It's 38 but it feels warmer!
Have a Great Day Gals!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Mar 26 2013 3:56:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2013 :  5:59:24 PM  Show Profile
Judy, I thought my wing prints were something...my dear sweet porchie, I was literally in tears from the giggles as my mind had a vivid picture movie going on...I am glad you weren't hurt terrible...that part would have been bad...no more trapezing for you.

Peggy I don't think I could handle the vertigo either..that has to be no fun

Bunny your outfit was beautiful as always you do such beautiful work

WEll I am on the countdown for my Easter break. We have school through Wednesday and then we are off until the following Tuesday. It is so cold here and the butterflies have spring fever like crazy....they are wanting to try their wings. Madame Butterfly here is thinking class outside would be fun if the snow would quit flying

well I just wanted to pop in. I would hate for the porch posse to get out. I dont think my wings are ready for another grand entrance.
love to you all
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2013 :  11:49:52 PM  Show Profile
Evening My Porchies...

Judy...after I quit laughing I was really concerned for you. Honest...I'm serious. That could not have felt very good.
I think with all the smelly stuff you had on already...it would have just been a waste of good perfume. You Made the right choice sister.
I have heard of other people who like to hang upside down too but they also sleep in coffins at night. Ha Ha! Hee Hee!! Ho Ho! ROFLOL

What is all that white stuff all over your ground and trees??? I am happy that I am not seeing any of that stuff out my windows. Brrr.

Teacher Tammy...I am glad that you get a nice little Easter Break. Hope you enjoy yourself.

I bet your little butterflies need to go stretch their wings a little too.

Thanks for making me feel a little better about laughing at Judy...but like you I had a very vivid picture in my minds eye.

Today...I went shopping...after I walked Snickers. It was a beautiful day out. Spring has Sprung! I bought three big pots to plant tomatoes in and zuchinni. If I get those producing in my little postage stamp piece of garden...I will be happy. I decided to use pots so I didn't have to bend so low to the ground. And the lady that had this spot before had planted some flowers...so, I will just let them grow around the pots. Then I will get a flower bed and a garden. I spent so much money today and I haven't even bought groceries yet. I bought all the non-eatable stuff that we need though.

Well girlies...I guess I will wish you Sweet dreams and we'll chat again later.

love and hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2013 :  1:44:51 PM  Show Profile
Judy don't feel bad...one of my coworkers tried her parents inversion table ...forgot to strap. In her feet, flipping the table over and got a slight concussion. It happens.

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2013 :  4:43:32 PM  Show Profile
Oh great...Peg thinks I'm "batty"...I think she'a just a dizzy dame...Tammy is flying into the porch and putting kinks in her wings and getting her nose out of joint...LOL...we are a flimsy lot aren't we? We may as well get a whole ward at the hospital in case any of the rest of you want to join us there! *ROFL*
On a more serious note, I may have to go see my Chiro this week.I really am hurting and the neck is nothing to mess around with. Mama had her breathing test done today and she's done until next week when we go to her regular doctor to see what they decide they are going to do for her.I really don't want to face my Chiro with this. He will never let me live this down. Well...I'm just going to tell him that it was HIS idea that I buy this contraption...and he knew full well that I was approaching the age of "Senile Citizen!" *sniff-nose in the air* (he will just smirk and shake his head)Besides,I'll ask him,didn't he do silly things on a dare when he was a kid,like jump off a perfectly good swing-set,when it was moving no less??? Well I never did those kinds of things,never lived dangerously as a kid,thought I'd start now!LOL
So I have learned...next time I'll use a bungie-cord...since they don't come with safety belts! *Snicker-snort*
....sleep in coffins....hahahaha GOOD zinger Peg!
OMGosh...thank you Lorena for making me feel a little better about my crazy ordeal. I asked my hubby if I could have a concussion.He asked if I was dizzy,queasy,shaky,ears ringing....I said, only when I'm near you Dear! heehee Then I crossed my eyes and asked,"Should my eyes keep doing this?"

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Mar 26 2013 4:45:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2013 :  6:03:31 PM  Show Profile
I was just half way thru a long post, and my computer blipped. uuugghh!

Basically I said: Judy is too funny, Peggy your home sounds lovely in blooms, and we like going to bookstores too, Bunny love love your designs, welcome new friends, and Tammy enjoy your upcoming Easter break.

I complained about hurting, complemented my kids on working hard to give me a break with all the remodel and moving stuff (who knew my son could replace light fixtures!) and said I was glad this week was do or die for moving!

But it all sounded better in the other post...stupid laptop....

I hope I get internet connection in my cabin soon, so I can post some pics, If I can find the cord to download from my camera!

I'm hanging it up tonight, and crawling off the porch. Blessings to y'all!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2013 :  6:41:55 PM  Show Profile
well now, let me join the chorus. I went to print out my tax return which I elected to print out so I could have a paper copy and the Printer, miserable little under worked creepy excuse for a functional machine, died. URGGGGG. And wouldn't you know it I am supposed to get money back which I now have to spend part of on a new printer. If the lake wasn't frozen I would be tempted to make it a boat anchor. I was on the phone for a good three hours and customer support declared it a dead duck. Lovely.
I am stuck with the GDD's dog for the next 3 days because she is helping a friend with a special needs child who could not find a babysitter. I can get behind her helping er friend, but the dog is a pain sometimes.
Got a spring storm, what's new, and everyone is whining about it. Horrors, the temperature dropped to -10 last night. This is Alaska for crying out loud. Live with it or move!!!!
But my sleeping medication, 10 YOA single malt scotch, works just fine.
Idea for a 3rd romance set in AK during pipeline days is going swimmingly. The only problems with writing romances is that doing love scenes when widowed is a real bummer.
;>)
The green firewood is a real pain to keep lit in my little wood stove.
Other than that I am going to take a wee dram tonight and I am having amaretto cherry ice cream for dinner. And spring is still on the way after it gets over its little temper tantrum.
Blessings all

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2013 :  12:40:09 AM  Show Profile

Hang in there Judy it has got to get better girl. The most your Chiropracter can do is laugh
with you...like all of us did. But we love you and want only the best for you...so go get your
self checked out and get an adjustment. Just don't let him put you on the Inversion Table. LOL
And ask him if your eyes are goinna stay that way...will you?...cuz they are kinda googlie like that.
And I have a couple extra bungy cords if you need any. One to go around you in the middle and one to go
from Head to toe...then we will be sure that you don't fall on your noodle again.

Shanda...oh girlie...can't wait to see your pictures!!! Do you move in this weekend or have you already
started? I bet you are ready for a good looooooooong rest. And aren't children a blessing when they can help you with your needs. Raising good children has it's pay offs!!!

Cherime...oh, I can hear the wheels spinning in your head...churning around ideas for your next book. YOU GO GIRL! ~ I don't envy you pet sitting...even if you love someone elses pet...they are more work
than you think they will be. When we have Snickers brother over for an evening or over the weekend...Brindle tries to make Snickers jealous by jumping up in our laps etc. Snickers is too short legged to jump up and he has a bad hip from where Bella use to get mad at him and pull his leg out of
socket. Bella was my Shi Tzu...she was an alpha female.
Wow...Cherry Ice Cream for dinner, what did you have for dessert???? LOL Sounds good. I love to eat
cake or pie for breakfast (when I have some around).

Well today was another weird weather day. Tomorrow it is suppose to storm. Thunder and Lightening Storm.
And thursday isn't suppose to be much better. But then we are suppose to have 5 strait days of sunshine
and high 60 and low 70's. My body is going to be loven that.

OK...off to read. Sweet Dreams and don't feed the Nightmares,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page