Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  4:39:06 PM  Show Profile
I brought some oatmeal perrsimmon cookies with me. They are a family favorite with my crew. They are even better with hot chocolate to dip them in. Even my little 15 month old daughter loves them dipped in chocolate milk.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  4:44:23 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
They sound wonderful Angela! I will have to try one!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  4:44:38 PM  Show Profile
angela everyone is welcome and we always have room and plenty of goodies
and perfect porch sitting weather...lol
deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  4:58:23 PM  Show Profile
I spent the last two days reading all the old posts on here in between bathroom repairs. We have a busted potty and been working with it. We finally gave up this morning and hunted down a replacement for it. I could join in till my acceptance email came in. I feel like I know you all already. The stories of your lives all sound so familiar. It's a cozy place you have all built here.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  5:23:25 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I think we are all glad that you like it Angela! We are all like family and are so gladed you joined in! Sorry about the potty. It is not fun at all. And those cookies are just wonderful Angela!! Can you share the recipe? You can e-mail me if you want. But don't feel bad if you don't want too. It might be a secret recipe. :)
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  5:38:07 PM  Show Profile
Any basic oatmeal cookie recipe can be used. Even a cookie mix works in a pinch. Cut out all the liquids except the eggs. Add in 2 cups of perrsimmon pulp. You can add chocolate chips or butterscotch chips, any nuts you'd like. Then bake as normal for the recipe you used. These will seem a little undone in the middle. They need to rest on the pan for 5 mins. Then cool completely before putting away. They are a goey, chewy type cookie. My aunt came up with idea when all the kids were makin a mess of her house with the perrsimmon pudding one thanksgiving. These taste similar but are not messy. We love them.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  6:05:21 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you soo much Angela!! I can't wait to try them! They sound so good!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  6:12:19 PM  Show Profile
Hey everyone! I've been quiet lately but miss my buddies on the porch so I brought my own rocker and I'll just slide in over here and get reacquainted. Mind if I do some quilting while we chat? I'm making my new grandbaby an Amish quilt and it needs to be hand quilted so I need to keep that needle working whenever I get a chance to sit down. I don't like to use a hoop so when it gets chilly, I'll have a quilt to keep me warm. Welcome to Angela. You'll love these leadies and like me, you'll miss them when your away. It's like a family of loving aunts and sisters.

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  6:19:01 PM  Show Profile
Nancy, it does really feel like a family here! A bunch of aunts and cousins in a loud Italian or Greek family who cook, clean, and do crafty things!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  7:11:25 PM  Show Profile
I was wonderin how far along you all are on your gardening?I feel like I'm miles behind everyone else. This is the third year for us puttin it out. The 1st nothin grew and I had to drive 20 min to work on it, so it didn't happen much. The 2nd a few things grew and we had moved into the place where it's located. I still didn't work it like I should have. I had a baby with health problems so I couldn't get out there much at all. This year we have tilled 5 times, added manure, and are going to be puttin up fence for trellisin peas and such probably tomorrow. The plot looks so good and weed free right now. I am hopin to try a few new things to keep down on weeds this year. Am I way behind or is it just spring fever chewin me up? I will have peas and spinach and lettuce out this week. By the way, I have foot and a half plants of all kinds growin in the living room greenhouse! My DH calls it my jungle! HaHa!
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  7:43:16 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
You are not alone Angela. We are behind too in gardening. I have started working in my moms herb garden but feel so behind.
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  7:49:41 PM  Show Profile
me too but its too cold and still raing here so i think i'll wait abit longer
but lots of my herbs from last year are showing signs of life so exciting
deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  8:23:08 PM  Show Profile
Hello porch farmgirls! It was an absolutely beautiful day in SW Louisiana today. My flowers are slowly coming up, and the garden is looking good! I'll fix a pot of coffee for those of us who want a cup. Maybe Channah will come by and bake us some brownies. I sure admire any one who quilts. I'll just sit here a while and watch the quilting going on.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  8:52:13 PM  Show Profile
I don't know how to quilt. Or crochet. Or knit. I do enjoy the knot blanket thing. My little martha loves them. I am trying to learn to sew, by hand and on a machine. I guess I'm a late bloomer on the farmgirl arts thing.

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  9:22:34 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Marly, My mom just made some a few days ago. lol They are so good! They are all gone now but I shall bake some. Coffee would go very well with them!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  04:29:29 AM  Show Profile
Angela, it's okay that you don't know how to do those things. Channah's brownies sound yummy!
Have a good Tuesday!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

MarionCountryGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Marla
Hemet Ca
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  08:52:18 AM  Show Profile
I live in So Ca so have a little jump on the garden thing here. Hate the heat but love the year-round gardening. Have tomatos, peppers, squash, carrots, onions, salad garden, cucumbers and cabbage in. Hubby put together my new compost bin the other day. Today putting in my corn, beans and potatos before tomorrows rain. Oh and need to get melons in. My back hurts but it will all be worth it soon. First sunflower bloomed. I should post a pic of that. Move over girls and let me sit a spell. Hope you don't mind a little dirt under the nails. Anyone got some ice tea? Can't wait to share my garden goodies with you all.

Every Day is a gift from God, Rejoice and be glad in it.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  10:16:24 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
iced tea??!? I think I'll take some hot tea because it is freezing here! I just came in from doing my goats and am sitting here with you all and enjoy some good hot herbal Orange spice tea. Would anyone else like some? Their are still plenty of brownies if anyone would like some. And theirs fresh goats milk to go with it!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

MarionCountryGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Marla
Hemet Ca
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  10:22:03 AM  Show Profile
LoL Channah. We have been in the 80's here for the last 4-5 days. But your orange spice does sound good.

Every Day is a gift from God, Rejoice and be glad in it.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  10:24:56 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Really?!?! It has been in the 40's here but their is a bitter cold wind that makes it feel like its in the 20's. lol The orange spice is soo good! If you put just a little bit of honey it is heavenly. :)
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  11:06:16 AM  Show Profile
..heyyyyyyy girls! I just took a brief walk around my back yard and spied my lilac bush. They're peeking! I saw some itty bitties blossoms waiting for the sunshine! That makes me soooo happy. I dunno if you gals know this, the lilac from the north does not bloom here in Georgia due to lack of long cold winter period... but in the past two years it has gotten cold enough for them to bloom! I am soooo excited! I have childhood memories of Grandma's and Mom's bushes! OH!!! those of you who live near Rochester, NY.. The Highland Park have Lilac Festive every year! Beeeeeautiful old lilac bushes!

Ahhh, think I'll sit down and join you gals and cross stitch for awhile!
beeeeeeeeeeeautiful dayyyy, yes ma'm!

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus
...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  11:52:06 AM  Show Profile
I think I will take a walk to see if I can smell those lilac bushes...love that aroma....

blessings and hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  11:58:55 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I'll go with you Tammy! I love lilacs too.
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  11:58:56 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
OOooo I love lilacs. They are one of my favorite flowers. And that smell.

How about iced tea and lemon cookies?

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  2:08:23 PM  Show Profile
Lilacs are my most favorite! Living in MS I can't get them here. I will enjoy the smell from the virtual porch though! I have so much blooming here I can't keep track! Time to switch to sweet tea instead of hot!

It's all good!

http://mscountrygirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page