Netty
True Blue Farmgirl

379 Posts

Lynette
Hardy Nebraska
USA
379 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2012 :  4:30:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kimberly....I also am so proud of your daughter. She planted a seed in those girls that God wanted in them. It is amazing what we do learn through our kids. It sounds like you are teaching your kids the right way to introduce our Lord to others. So pat yourself on your back for me you deserve it.

I had a really slow day today. I had so many things I wanted to tackle, but do you think I got it done. I am saying no in shame. We are having such a beautiful day also so you would have thought that would have inspired me.

I guess I am not in the mood to talk to much tonight so will let you all go for now. I was so impressed about Kim's daughter I had to jump up on the porch for a few minutes.

Take Care
Netty
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2422 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2422 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2012 :  4:53:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all, had a dr. appointment today for yearly pap and physical. Glad that is over. It is so windy here, 35MPH with gusts at 45-50MPH. I am glad I am indoors and not out in that, it would blow me out of town!!!!! LOL!!! Rain is heading this way.
Peggy, how nice that your son brought dinner. So sorry your future DIL is havingch morning sickness. Hopefully it will not last too long for her. I know it is no fun.
Kim, yes, your daughter is an amazing child. You have every right to be proud of her.
Netty, Sounds like you are down in the dumps. Hope you cheer up soon.
I have been busy making key chains yesterday for craft sale next month, today finishing some crocheted hats, but my hands are sore and don't like crochet too much. Will probably have to stop that for awhile and go back to knitting. It is easier on my fingers.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3375 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3375 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2012 :  7:38:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
awwwww Kimberly, that is just the sweetest thing. You should be proud of your little girl for sure. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. You HAVE taught her well.I asked God to make me more like her too.She surely is an Inspiration to us all! Bless her little heart!
Well, Jim is able to put on his shirt by himself and was able to step up one step the other day. That's some progress. I guess the doctors want to do some further testing on him at yet another learning hospital. They are undecided what to do(Patsy&Jim that is).
The docs are just so baffled by all this. They keep saying that he is such a healthy man and don't know what or why any of it happened.
Well, hubby & I got the kitchen done today. We went from a beige to a bright white downstairs. It's amazing how different it looks.Next....the upstairs! ~woohoo~
Well, that's all for this "Pooped-Painter-Porchie!"
Nite all!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6428 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6428 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2012 :  12:41:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kimberely...you should be proud of your daughter. Praise God that we can all learn from her Missionary
Work. Out of the Mouths of Babes...

Netty...don't be so hard on yourself. We all need somedays that we do "Nothing"...I don't care how long
our "To-Do List" is. Just ask yourself...who is going to do it besides me?...if you come up with the
answer "Nobody"...then don't fret, it will wait for you.

Janet...we have had those same type of wind gusts for a week. When I walked the dog today...I could see some of the damage in the local neighborhood...branches, pine limbs, leaves, everywhere.
I have arthritis in my hands and crocheting always hurts me more than knitting too.
So switching back to knitting for awhile will probably help. Have you ever heard of the Product "Joint Juice" ? It is sold through Costco if you have them in Michigan. It is a liquid conjointen product that
I take once a day and it helps. It does NOT make it go away...but it really takes the edge off the pain. You might give it a try. It has a real nice pomegranet flavor.

Judy...oh, poor Jim and Patsy. I am glad that he is making slow improvements but it sure doesn't make sense that a perfectly normal healthy guy would come down with some freak "Mystery Disease" out of the blue. I don't think I would want to be a guenia pig for the research hospital. My little grand-daughter was...and they had her so freaked out. I am glad that is all behind us now...but hey, doesn't it make you wonder if stuff is being purposely put into our environment? I mean she gets this rare childs disease, then Meningitis is going around the country, Jim has some mystery blood infection, and on and on it goes. Ya gotta wonder.

Well chickies...I'm off to bed! Quiet on the Boards today.

Love, Hugs, and Smiles,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 09 2012 12:44:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2012 :  06:21:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Judy, I am glad Jim is making progress!

Netty, I envy you...I could use a day like tht!

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2012 :  08:17:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*peeking around corner* Morning ladies!

I'm starting to miss my internet. Hopefully, soon. Josh will have his car paid off very soon, and our finances will be a bit more stable (I'm hoping). Just seems like we're treading water. We take two steps forwards, and a step back... maybe two...

BUT yesterday was a relatively good day, though I overdid it. I'm sore all over... who knew Laundry could do that to you! Well, that and bathing an 85 - 90 pound Catahoula.

We've been fighting fleas really badly to the point they are making the Rat terrier whine at night. Pesticides are so unhealthy and expensive, but I hadn't found anything that worked. The Apple Cider Vinegar just seemed to make everyone more miserable. Not to mention poor Train just looked at me with his big blue eyes like "Momma, I smell like a pickle". (Imagine Trace Adkins saying that... I nearly giggled out loud in my office HAHA)

Well, I got almost NO sleep the night before, so I wandered into the living room, and (being that it was Columbus day and the credit union where I work was closed) plopped down on the couch. Josh brought me coffee and wrapped me in the quilt my Grandma made me, and I was starting to fall asleep when I came across (of all things) an infomercial for a book about natural pest remedies. It was awesome! One of the remedies for fleas was to take the dogs outside and rub them down with an orange half. It sounds crazy, but the orange oil and Vitamin C made the fleas gag (I heard it!) and start jumping ship... er.. uh... dog. I took them inside and bathed them and I swear, some were big enough, I saw their eyeballs. Almost all were dead. The next suggestion was lavender oil, and I just happened to have lavender/vitamin e oil and after I toweled the dogs off, I rubbed them down with some of that oil. Penny started calming down very quickly and Train got frisky. I even rubbed some into the cats' fur, and they jumped around for a bit, but calmed down eventually and started bathing. A few hours later, all the animals were calm and napping.

I took some lavender/chamomile spray from Bath & Body Works and spraed down my sewing room (there was, for some reason, an influx of fleas in there, even though the room has been closed off for a month) and vacuumed. I went back in later, and no fleas! At least, none jumping on me.

Then, I started realizing something. Newcomb (my big, fat tabby boy, for those who don't know) has been getting up on the kitchen table. Well, unfortunately, that has been a stack-all for about a month, and I had four bars of Sprouts lavender soap sitting on one corner. I think he's been laying up there because the fleas won't move around as much when he's near the lavender soap. SO, next time the dogs get a bath, I'm bathing them with some of that soap! I think Train would rather smell like flowers than pickles, anyway.

All of this I figured out by watching a danged infomercial, hahaha!

I made molasses bread last night, and beef stew. The bread was very similar to what we got when I was just a kid at our local bakery, but I think they used black strap in their bread. We shall be experimenting

Didn't get any work done on the wedding dress, but after getting the flea situation under control in my sewing room, several loads of laundry (sheets, blankets, clothes, etc) done, vacuumed, got a little better organized so I CAN start the dress some time this week or weekend... and I'll be working more and more through the week to get better organized and such.

That is, if allergies do not get the best of me! It was so bad this morning that I almost had a bloody nose. I've discovered plants around the farm that I have never seen before, and I GREW UP in this aread LOL

Well anyway, ladies, it's been a bit busy today so I'm going to close this out for now. Hope that everyone is doing well!!!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2012 :  08:21:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just popping in for a moment. Judy thanks for the good news on Jim. Some progress is a very good thing.
Rain Rain Rain! We are all beginning to think we were translated to Ketchikan AK. They used to have wooden board walks there to keep people out of the mud.
Netty I sure could use a slow day.
Sort or tired this am. Woke up way too early and just laid there and talked to God. It is going to make for a very long day.
Peg, I had morning sickness with every one of the three little dears. I lived on saltines and 7up in the mornings.
Janet we have what amounted to a hurricane up here last month and it took out loads of trees. At one point there was not a chain saw chain to be had in either Anchorage or the valley. People were parked on the side of what amounts to our only freeway up here cutting up downed trees and loading them up. I think a few people got tickets for harvesting the State's trees but a whole lot more people got a bunch of wood for the winter.
Good luck on the algebra Bunny. I think they make you take that stuff only to keep the profs in tenure.
Kim, it is so nice when we see the fruit of our labors.
Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2012 :  4:01:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All
I need a minute or two on the porch. It has been a rough couple of weeks. I think I am better today. I can atleast breath and I am not caughing.

Peggy thanks for the virtual chicken soup. I don't understand the snit thing your DH had. When I come back from a retreat my DH always gives me a hug and says he missed me. It's the same when he goes on a hunting trip with friends. When he gets back I give him a hug and let him know I missed him. Then we listen to what each other did while the other was gone.

Ruthie Ann have fun sewing and let us see what you come up with. I love to help people who are going on mission trips. I lnow how expensive they can be.

Shanda now I have to decorate! LOL

Judith Love the tea! The little tea envelope is so cute. Just what I needed to perk me up.

Tammy thanks for reminding of one of the reasons I started crocheting and knitting. STRESS RELIEF!!!

Alyce good luck with the apartment hunt. We think we may have found a place. 15 acres and a 4 / 5 bedroom house. We have called to make an appointment to look at it. Then the whole finance thing begains. Ick!! :(

Kimberly Amen!

We are looking at property, but the financing scares me. We have had a lot of financial ups and downs. I have prayed over this property and I am leaving it in God's hands. If you think of it please say a prayer for DH and me. We would really love to have a place out of town.

Dianne
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2422 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2422 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2012 :  5:42:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It rained here all day and last night, windy and just plain miserable. I just cannot get out and get my yard and gardens winterized, of my halloween decorations out. More rain in the forcast for all week, except snow on Wednesday. My porch is only big enough to open the door, that is it. Cannot put anything on it, but I do have a patio area and a nice big yard.
Dianne, prayers that you find just the right place at the right price.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1191 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1191 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2012 :  7:18:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi! Porchies,
I just wanted to stop and tell you that my sewing day was canceled. Due to the fact I got sick with a flu bug,sinus infection and ear infection. When I get sick I get sick. I am feeling better. As far what were sewing well fleece breast cancer scarves. Then we'll sewing and tying other fleece prints. Hoping we will be sewing tomorrow and then I'll post pictues. Were also going to sell sugar scrub,candles. Hoping to get some other things made in time to sell for Christmas. Please let me know if anyone would like to buy something.
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6428 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6428 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2012 :  01:36:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Miss Maranda...so glad to see you on the Porch this morning (yes, I was lurking earlier). *wink*

Don't you just hate the whole flea thing with pets? I will remember that orange trick and the Lavendar. I keep lavendar on hand.
I unlike you, never want to be able to look a flea in the eye-ball. lol You must have them BiG in Texas!!!

Oh, I have not had Molasses Bread for about 4 years. Sounds good. Can I come over? (But only if your texas size fleas are all gone.)

Take care...and I hope you get your Wedding Dress started this wknd.

Cherime...I too had morning sickness with all of mine. In fact it was more like 9 month sickness. But it did get better the farther along I got. I lived on peppermints and crackers.

That is funny about people cutting-up downed trees and taking it home for firewood. They would have fined people big time here for doing that. Why, I don't know? I see nothing wrong with that myself.

Dianne...hope you are feeling better girl. My DH is getting "cranky" the older he gets. He will always apologize later but still...it was nicer when I felt like he really missed me the times I was gone. I try not to take it personally...but it does bother me sometimes.
I think because I decided that I wasn't staying home IF I got opportunities to go places with my kids, friends, or to see my grand-daughters...he gets a bit jealous and he hates being a lone when I am gone. BUT since he retired and I medically retired we stay home a lot...and I being 8 yrs younger than him...don't want to just sit around watching each other grow old. I am going to live my life to the fullest (even with my own medical limitations). I refuse to be like my little sister was at the end of her life; never leaft her house for four years and was bed-ridden for the last 2 years. Her and I talked about that a lot. And I promised her that I was not going to stop "MOVING" because once you do... your body just starts shutting down. And she got extremely cranky and hard to live with. Her husband was a saint...caring for her day and night for those four years.
I'm glad you and your hubby continue the sweetness between you. That is how it should be. And it is sad when that deminishes in a relationship.
Praying that you two will find that little "slice of heaven" that you are looking for out of town.

Janet...We are getting ready to share in your rainy weather. We are suppose to have rain starting this Friday through the following Tuesday. Ugh!
I have been spoiled with 3 months of no rain! My body has felt half way decent in all the sunshine and dryness.

Ruthie Ann...I am so sorry to hear that you got sick. Sending some Chicken Soup you way too. Hope you get better soon.
Try to post some pictures of what you are making and I bet you will get some sales off The Porch!

Ok my lovelies...it is almost my bed time.
And some of us need more beauty sleep than others. The older I get...the more I think I need to just hybernate. (+:

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 10 2012 01:45:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2012 :  06:39:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning from Idaho
I posted yesterday then realized I missed a whole page. Tells you how my day was going. LOL

Judy wonderful news about Jim. I am keeping both of them in my prayers. Also the Dr.s for wisdom.

Janet thanks for the prayers.

Ruthie Ann I hope you get well soon. I know what it is like. ICK!!!

Peggy thanks for the prayers.
I really do not want rain here, but I know the fires will not get put out till we get lots of rain. Send it our way.

Well now that I have read all the posts. LOL

All of you have a great day.

Dianne
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2012 :  08:14:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peg, I had 9 month of morning sickness with one but did not want to mention that as I was trying to positively bless your DIL and I really do not like to think about that part. :)
Janet, your porch sounds like mine, just enough to keep the show off of the door so you can get into the house.
I know about the flea thing. Out in the bush when we lived there the way we killed things off was to make sure there were no filled water buckets in the house, farm out the house plants for a couple of days, go to Anchorage and let the house freeze. At -20 nothing survives past that no matter how far it has burrowed in.
On the man in a snit thing, you do not have to be older to have that trouble. My SIL, bless his heart, can get into a snit at the drop of a hat; my DD sewing instead of cleaning when the house is already white glove clean, she spends too much time out while he is home, lets see; he doesn't get to his morning coffee in time even though he is the one who makes it; any old port in a storm for him. But you know he does not really understand that he is not helping marital relations. My DD has resolved that if anything happens to him NO MORE MEN!
Ruthie, take care of your self.
Diane, praying.
Blessing all and back to work.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2012 :  10:26:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning Porchies!

My day is starting out wonderfully. Spent time in the Word and prayer. It's SO true that if you submit to God you'll have joy even if not happiness. Can't say I'm happy with the situation I find myself in but I can say that the Lord is giving me such peace and joy as I obey. Doing another Bible study at church. It's a Beth Moore one. Breaking Free. I'm enjoying it although it hasn't been as earth shattering for me as the Esther one. Of course we've just started. Also reading a slew of books. It seems that the "older" ladies of the churches aren't doing their job of teaching we younger ones so I went to my friend who is my age but who is decades wiser than I will ever be. I asked her for a list of her favorite books on how to be a woman of God and a godly wife and mother. I just bought most of the books she suggested (BIG ORDER) and I'm devouring them. She said that she couldn't find any "older women" in the church to advise, teach her as Scripture says so she turned to books. I'm going to do the same. Maybe someday I'll be able to do the older woman job and help the younger ones as Scripture teaches, although right now it seems doubtful!!! :P

Glad to hear that Jim is improving. Hope the doctors get some answers and ease his suffering. Sorry to hear about those feeling ill. Colds and flues are so tough. Something I use that can kill it before it gets started is called ColdCalm. It's a homeopathic medicine, you can get it in the healthfood store. I have it on hand and then as soon as someone complains about a throat being sore or a stuffy feeling head we attack with ColdCalm. If you start at the first sign of illness it can actually stop you from getting the cold. If you wait a little to long it will help you deal with the cold. Another thing I use is called Cold FX. It's a natural medicine that hammers the cold too. It is also best if used at the first sign of illness but it can help even if you wait a little to long. I've actually killed colds with it. LOVE killing them little buggers. EmergenC is also good. It's a drink with tons of minerals etc in it. Gives your immunities a little kick in the butt. But sometimes no matter what you do the cold is going to get you. Get well quickly.

DEW - excited about the possible house. In Weiser or somewhere else? Sounds dreamy. I'd love to have 15 acres which just sounds hilarious to my own ears because where I come from we talk about our land in 1/4 sections, sections and townships! But 15 acres down here you can do something with!!! I'll be praying that God works out the details and opens and closes the doors for you.

Better run recess is almost over and it's time to get back to school!!!

Kimberly

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

Netty
True Blue Farmgirl

379 Posts

Lynette
Hardy Nebraska
USA
379 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2012 :  10:01:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Howdy girls,

Good day and loved the nice weather also. I went down to see my folks today and it was a nice visit. Dad needed his hair cut so I did that. Then I went out to cemetary to see my brother and you know this is the first time I cried out at the cemetary since his death back in 2004. He was only 46 when he passed. We were pretty close, just we both were pretty hard headed and we could get into some really good arguements. I sure do miss him and I am thinking it is because my folks are getting up there in age and my mother is getting signs of early dementia and my brother was always the strong one. My other brother is older than myself also, but he is so soft hearted he can't handle things quite as well, so it is left up to me to be the stronger one and I don't like it one bit. I have even noticed my Dad seems to leaning more on me. *crying* I am having trouble dealing with this right now, because this is when I would call my older brother that passed, it seemed he always had the answer........my husband is not easy to talk to and it just seems like he don't get what I am saying. Usally he just tells me - it will be ok. His family is not the hugging type and I think they are afraid to show to much emotion. I am just the oppostite. I love hugs and I show my emotions very easily. Please pray for me, I know God will take care of things it just seems like I am kinda alone right now.

Thank you sisters for listening to me. I didn't get on here to drop all of this in your laps, it just started coming out.

Netty
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6428 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6428 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2012 :  12:47:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Evening My Porchies...

Netty...oh girl, I get how you are feeling...I really do. With both my older brother gone and my younger sister gone now too...I only have me to look after mom. She lives about 350 miles away from me and I don't see her as often as I should but I talk to her once or twice a week. I know that she is lonely but she won't move my way...and yet all her family and friends that lived there in Spokane have already died. At least here she would have me and her Sister who lives in Portland just across the River from Vancouver. But she will be 80 in April and determined to keep living in her home and not budging. So, what can one do??? Pray for her is all.
I am sorry that your younger brother isn't the comfort and support that you need in dealing with your aging parents.
That makes it very hard. My little sister always swore that I left the Spokane area so she would have to deal with Mother by herself...which wasn't true. But now Debby died in July and so she left me with Mother. I think that was Debby's idea of Revenge. Ha Ha! Just joking. I will be happy to pray for you about this because it is hard when our parents age and become our responsibility. Especially if you have to deal with it all alone. Hopefully your younger brother will man up and help eventually. But I pray God's strength for you if he doesn't. God will get you through it all some how. He promises that He will never leave us nor forsake us...and we can hold him to that.

Kimberly...good for you for finding a source of support for being a good godly wife and mother. Even if it is through books...you will learn a lot of valuable info.
When I was a young Christian wife and mother...back then it was even hard to find Titus Women in the Church who would mentor you and take you under their wings. And I did just what you did...I read and learned and applied it to my own life.
I have had the wonderful benefit of mentoring both young women in the Church and young men....and Have been blessed to been considered a Spiritual mom to many. I guess that came out of my own need that wasn't met all those years ago. So, perhaps God will bless you the same way by using you in the lives of needy young women and men in The Church. We all need good role models to follow. Also, just observing older women in the Church and how they handle things will add to your knowledge too.

Dianne...I will gladly share our rain with you. Sounds like we have a weeks worth to look forward to starting Friday. We do need it for the fires too and for the very dryness of our area.

Cherime...I think you had a great way to deal with with the flea problem! Freeze the little buggers to death.
I had to laugh at what your dd said about NO MORE MEN! It really resonated with me. I told my husband years ago when he started having heart problems that if anything ever happened to him that I was never getting married again. He didn't think I was serious but I was!!! I would miss him like crazy(even his snits and crankiness) but I would never remarry...it's darn hard work!!!! LOL

Well girls, I'm off to read for awhile.

Let's all just thank our lucky stars that even though Life is Hard, God is Faithful! Amen? Amen!

Sweetest Dreams,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 11 2012 12:55:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2012 :  04:42:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Praying for you Netty!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2422 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2422 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2012 :  09:40:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Netty, praying for you. I know how you feel. Before my dad passed, he relied on me for everything. He could not even write out his own bills. I did that for 13 years. With 9 sisters and brothers, I was the only one he trusted to do anything, and he wanted me to do it all. He took everything out on me too though, which was so hard to deal with. He has beed gone for 21 yars come the 13th. Sure does not seem that long. He is still here with me, just in an easier way now. God will help you and give you strength.
It is very cold and windy today, we had rain and snow this morning, but it did not stick. I am not ready for winter yet. my bones do not like the cold. We only have until 2014, then hubby will be retired and we will become snowbirds and fly away for the winter. We both cannot wait.
I will try to post more later, have a great day,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2012 :  09:51:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Netty,

My heart aches for you. You are right, we're not strong enough but we know where the strength is. I've never been so strong as when I was broken and on my knees. I'm an only child so I've never lost a sibling. I can only imagine the pain you would be in as I watch my children together and they are best friends, loving and protecting each other and yet bickering with each other. It's a strange and precious relationship that I envy. I'll be praying for you. God knows and He has a plan, He will take care of you exactly how and when you need it. *HUGS*

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2012 :  7:44:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*hugs Netty*

Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2012 :  8:03:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Loooong day. When I finally made it home, I tried to unlock my front door...with my car remote! And then was confused as to why it wasn't working! It took me a second to figure it out and my dd uncontrolable laughter didn't help. oy! I think I'll go to bed!

Sweet dreams!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3375 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3375 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2012 :  9:00:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poor Ruthie!Hope you feel better soon. In the meantime I hope that you can do some things for yourself to feel better AS you heal.
BIG (((HUGS))) to all of my "Sickie" Porchies.
Netty, It's ok to drop things in our laps. We're here for you Dear,as many of us have been in your shoes already.
Peg,I agree with you.As I always say, Men are cute house-pets, but they sure are messy. No More Men! Amen!lol
Oh Shanda, you gave me quite a giggle.I've done things like that before too.Hopefully it'll all be better tomorrow!
Sleep well Porchies!
Nite!zzzzzzzzzzzz

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2012 :  08:49:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Netty, praying for you.
Judy, my DD, myself and several friends are on the "men are high maintenance" bandwagon and no one is interested is signing up for another one. I loved my DH to pieces but never a higher maintenance man existed. And it wasn't because of his temperament so much as his metabolic structure and emotional needs. He gave a lot but it sure took a lot to keep him balanced. I was thinking about how it easy it is now that I can go through the junk mail at leisure once a month or so. There is a bunch of yarn on the kitchen table and another on the coffee table. I'll clean it all up after the bazaar season is over.
Shanda. Good one! Been there and done that.
Peg, in some ways I miss being able to not worry if the place freezes up. Now when the temp drops below -15 I tend to get nervous.
Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2012 :  10:16:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cherime, he sounds like my Ric. The dietary needs, the constant need for attention. The flashbacks and anxiety, the total inability to find anything OR do the most basic stuff...he gets exhausting! Not to mention he wants a spotless house but leaves stuff EVERYWHERE. I just spent twenty minutes looking for the top of my kitchen counter!

Men, eh?

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2012 :  10:45:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alyce. Truly men can be interesting. However with all the upkeep my DH was I sure miss him. But I am not willing to try marriage again. Being a widow has its down sides and it good sides. Cleaning when and if I feel like it is one upside along with spending money on what I want when I want. Truth be told, mostly on kids. But God knows I miss that man.

CMF
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 664 A Farm of My Own:  VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page