Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1412 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1412 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2012 :  7:18:28 PM  Show Profile
Hi! Porchies,
I just wanted to stop and tell you that my sewing day was canceled. Due to the fact I got sick with a flu bug,sinus infection and ear infection. When I get sick I get sick. I am feeling better. As far what were sewing well fleece breast cancer scarves. Then we'll sewing and tying other fleece prints. Hoping we will be sewing tomorrow and then I'll post pictues. Were also going to sell sugar scrub,candles. Hoping to get some other things made in time to sell for Christmas. Please let me know if anyone would like to buy something.
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2012 :  01:36:14 AM  Show Profile
Well Miss Maranda...so glad to see you on the Porch this morning (yes, I was lurking earlier). *wink*

Don't you just hate the whole flea thing with pets? I will remember that orange trick and the Lavendar. I keep lavendar on hand.
I unlike you, never want to be able to look a flea in the eye-ball. lol You must have them BiG in Texas!!!

Oh, I have not had Molasses Bread for about 4 years. Sounds good. Can I come over? (But only if your texas size fleas are all gone.)

Take care...and I hope you get your Wedding Dress started this wknd.

Cherime...I too had morning sickness with all of mine. In fact it was more like 9 month sickness. But it did get better the farther along I got. I lived on peppermints and crackers.

That is funny about people cutting-up downed trees and taking it home for firewood. They would have fined people big time here for doing that. Why, I don't know? I see nothing wrong with that myself.

Dianne...hope you are feeling better girl. My DH is getting "cranky" the older he gets. He will always apologize later but still...it was nicer when I felt like he really missed me the times I was gone. I try not to take it personally...but it does bother me sometimes.
I think because I decided that I wasn't staying home IF I got opportunities to go places with my kids, friends, or to see my grand-daughters...he gets a bit jealous and he hates being a lone when I am gone. BUT since he retired and I medically retired we stay home a lot...and I being 8 yrs younger than him...don't want to just sit around watching each other grow old. I am going to live my life to the fullest (even with my own medical limitations). I refuse to be like my little sister was at the end of her life; never leaft her house for four years and was bed-ridden for the last 2 years. Her and I talked about that a lot. And I promised her that I was not going to stop "MOVING" because once you do... your body just starts shutting down. And she got extremely cranky and hard to live with. Her husband was a saint...caring for her day and night for those four years.
I'm glad you and your hubby continue the sweetness between you. That is how it should be. And it is sad when that deminishes in a relationship.
Praying that you two will find that little "slice of heaven" that you are looking for out of town.

Janet...We are getting ready to share in your rainy weather. We are suppose to have rain starting this Friday through the following Tuesday. Ugh!
I have been spoiled with 3 months of no rain! My body has felt half way decent in all the sunshine and dryness.

Ruthie Ann...I am so sorry to hear that you got sick. Sending some Chicken Soup you way too. Hope you get better soon.
Try to post some pictures of what you are making and I bet you will get some sales off The Porch!

Ok my lovelies...it is almost my bed time.
And some of us need more beauty sleep than others. The older I get...the more I think I need to just hybernate. (+:

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 10 2012 01:45:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2012 :  06:39:36 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning from Idaho
I posted yesterday then realized I missed a whole page. Tells you how my day was going. LOL

Judy wonderful news about Jim. I am keeping both of them in my prayers. Also the Dr.s for wisdom.

Janet thanks for the prayers.

Ruthie Ann I hope you get well soon. I know what it is like. ICK!!!

Peggy thanks for the prayers.
I really do not want rain here, but I know the fires will not get put out till we get lots of rain. Send it our way.

Well now that I have read all the posts. LOL

All of you have a great day.

Dianne
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2012 :  08:14:09 AM  Show Profile
Peg, I had 9 month of morning sickness with one but did not want to mention that as I was trying to positively bless your DIL and I really do not like to think about that part. :)
Janet, your porch sounds like mine, just enough to keep the show off of the door so you can get into the house.
I know about the flea thing. Out in the bush when we lived there the way we killed things off was to make sure there were no filled water buckets in the house, farm out the house plants for a couple of days, go to Anchorage and let the house freeze. At -20 nothing survives past that no matter how far it has burrowed in.
On the man in a snit thing, you do not have to be older to have that trouble. My SIL, bless his heart, can get into a snit at the drop of a hat; my DD sewing instead of cleaning when the house is already white glove clean, she spends too much time out while he is home, lets see; he doesn't get to his morning coffee in time even though he is the one who makes it; any old port in a storm for him. But you know he does not really understand that he is not helping marital relations. My DD has resolved that if anything happens to him NO MORE MEN!
Ruthie, take care of your self.
Diane, praying.
Blessing all and back to work.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2012 :  10:26:50 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Porchies!

My day is starting out wonderfully. Spent time in the Word and prayer. It's SO true that if you submit to God you'll have joy even if not happiness. Can't say I'm happy with the situation I find myself in but I can say that the Lord is giving me such peace and joy as I obey. Doing another Bible study at church. It's a Beth Moore one. Breaking Free. I'm enjoying it although it hasn't been as earth shattering for me as the Esther one. Of course we've just started. Also reading a slew of books. It seems that the "older" ladies of the churches aren't doing their job of teaching we younger ones so I went to my friend who is my age but who is decades wiser than I will ever be. I asked her for a list of her favorite books on how to be a woman of God and a godly wife and mother. I just bought most of the books she suggested (BIG ORDER) and I'm devouring them. She said that she couldn't find any "older women" in the church to advise, teach her as Scripture says so she turned to books. I'm going to do the same. Maybe someday I'll be able to do the older woman job and help the younger ones as Scripture teaches, although right now it seems doubtful!!! :P

Glad to hear that Jim is improving. Hope the doctors get some answers and ease his suffering. Sorry to hear about those feeling ill. Colds and flues are so tough. Something I use that can kill it before it gets started is called ColdCalm. It's a homeopathic medicine, you can get it in the healthfood store. I have it on hand and then as soon as someone complains about a throat being sore or a stuffy feeling head we attack with ColdCalm. If you start at the first sign of illness it can actually stop you from getting the cold. If you wait a little to long it will help you deal with the cold. Another thing I use is called Cold FX. It's a natural medicine that hammers the cold too. It is also best if used at the first sign of illness but it can help even if you wait a little to long. I've actually killed colds with it. LOVE killing them little buggers. EmergenC is also good. It's a drink with tons of minerals etc in it. Gives your immunities a little kick in the butt. But sometimes no matter what you do the cold is going to get you. Get well quickly.

DEW - excited about the possible house. In Weiser or somewhere else? Sounds dreamy. I'd love to have 15 acres which just sounds hilarious to my own ears because where I come from we talk about our land in 1/4 sections, sections and townships! But 15 acres down here you can do something with!!! I'll be praying that God works out the details and opens and closes the doors for you.

Better run recess is almost over and it's time to get back to school!!!

Kimberly

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2012 :  12:47:35 AM  Show Profile
Evening My Porchies...

Netty...oh girl, I get how you are feeling...I really do. With both my older brother gone and my younger sister gone now too...I only have me to look after mom. She lives about 350 miles away from me and I don't see her as often as I should but I talk to her once or twice a week. I know that she is lonely but she won't move my way...and yet all her family and friends that lived there in Spokane have already died. At least here she would have me and her Sister who lives in Portland just across the River from Vancouver. But she will be 80 in April and determined to keep living in her home and not budging. So, what can one do??? Pray for her is all.
I am sorry that your younger brother isn't the comfort and support that you need in dealing with your aging parents.
That makes it very hard. My little sister always swore that I left the Spokane area so she would have to deal with Mother by herself...which wasn't true. But now Debby died in July and so she left me with Mother. I think that was Debby's idea of Revenge. Ha Ha! Just joking. I will be happy to pray for you about this because it is hard when our parents age and become our responsibility. Especially if you have to deal with it all alone. Hopefully your younger brother will man up and help eventually. But I pray God's strength for you if he doesn't. God will get you through it all some how. He promises that He will never leave us nor forsake us...and we can hold him to that.

Kimberly...good for you for finding a source of support for being a good godly wife and mother. Even if it is through books...you will learn a lot of valuable info.
When I was a young Christian wife and mother...back then it was even hard to find Titus Women in the Church who would mentor you and take you under their wings. And I did just what you did...I read and learned and applied it to my own life.
I have had the wonderful benefit of mentoring both young women in the Church and young men....and Have been blessed to been considered a Spiritual mom to many. I guess that came out of my own need that wasn't met all those years ago. So, perhaps God will bless you the same way by using you in the lives of needy young women and men in The Church. We all need good role models to follow. Also, just observing older women in the Church and how they handle things will add to your knowledge too.

Dianne...I will gladly share our rain with you. Sounds like we have a weeks worth to look forward to starting Friday. We do need it for the fires too and for the very dryness of our area.

Cherime...I think you had a great way to deal with with the flea problem! Freeze the little buggers to death.
I had to laugh at what your dd said about NO MORE MEN! It really resonated with me. I told my husband years ago when he started having heart problems that if anything ever happened to him that I was never getting married again. He didn't think I was serious but I was!!! I would miss him like crazy(even his snits and crankiness) but I would never remarry...it's darn hard work!!!! LOL

Well girls, I'm off to read for awhile.

Let's all just thank our lucky stars that even though Life is Hard, God is Faithful! Amen? Amen!

Sweetest Dreams,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 11 2012 12:55:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2012 :  04:42:57 AM  Show Profile
Praying for you Netty!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2012 :  09:40:51 AM  Show Profile
Netty, praying for you. I know how you feel. Before my dad passed, he relied on me for everything. He could not even write out his own bills. I did that for 13 years. With 9 sisters and brothers, I was the only one he trusted to do anything, and he wanted me to do it all. He took everything out on me too though, which was so hard to deal with. He has beed gone for 21 yars come the 13th. Sure does not seem that long. He is still here with me, just in an easier way now. God will help you and give you strength.
It is very cold and windy today, we had rain and snow this morning, but it did not stick. I am not ready for winter yet. my bones do not like the cold. We only have until 2014, then hubby will be retired and we will become snowbirds and fly away for the winter. We both cannot wait.
I will try to post more later, have a great day,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2012 :  09:51:55 AM  Show Profile
Netty,

My heart aches for you. You are right, we're not strong enough but we know where the strength is. I've never been so strong as when I was broken and on my knees. I'm an only child so I've never lost a sibling. I can only imagine the pain you would be in as I watch my children together and they are best friends, loving and protecting each other and yet bickering with each other. It's a strange and precious relationship that I envy. I'll be praying for you. God knows and He has a plan, He will take care of you exactly how and when you need it. *HUGS*

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2012 :  7:44:19 PM  Show Profile
*hugs Netty*

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2012 :  8:03:37 PM  Show Profile
Loooong day. When I finally made it home, I tried to unlock my front door...with my car remote! And then was confused as to why it wasn't working! It took me a second to figure it out and my dd uncontrolable laughter didn't help. oy! I think I'll go to bed!

Sweet dreams!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2012 :  9:00:30 PM  Show Profile
Poor Ruthie!Hope you feel better soon. In the meantime I hope that you can do some things for yourself to feel better AS you heal.
BIG (((HUGS))) to all of my "Sickie" Porchies.
Netty, It's ok to drop things in our laps. We're here for you Dear,as many of us have been in your shoes already.
Peg,I agree with you.As I always say, Men are cute house-pets, but they sure are messy. No More Men! Amen!lol
Oh Shanda, you gave me quite a giggle.I've done things like that before too.Hopefully it'll all be better tomorrow!
Sleep well Porchies!
Nite!zzzzzzzzzzzz

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2012 :  08:49:37 AM  Show Profile
Netty, praying for you.
Judy, my DD, myself and several friends are on the "men are high maintenance" bandwagon and no one is interested is signing up for another one. I loved my DH to pieces but never a higher maintenance man existed. And it wasn't because of his temperament so much as his metabolic structure and emotional needs. He gave a lot but it sure took a lot to keep him balanced. I was thinking about how it easy it is now that I can go through the junk mail at leisure once a month or so. There is a bunch of yarn on the kitchen table and another on the coffee table. I'll clean it all up after the bazaar season is over.
Shanda. Good one! Been there and done that.
Peg, in some ways I miss being able to not worry if the place freezes up. Now when the temp drops below -15 I tend to get nervous.
Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2012 :  10:16:58 AM  Show Profile
Cherime, he sounds like my Ric. The dietary needs, the constant need for attention. The flashbacks and anxiety, the total inability to find anything OR do the most basic stuff...he gets exhausting! Not to mention he wants a spotless house but leaves stuff EVERYWHERE. I just spent twenty minutes looking for the top of my kitchen counter!

Men, eh?

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2012 :  10:45:35 AM  Show Profile
Alyce. Truly men can be interesting. However with all the upkeep my DH was I sure miss him. But I am not willing to try marriage again. Being a widow has its down sides and it good sides. Cleaning when and if I feel like it is one upside along with spending money on what I want when I want. Truth be told, mostly on kids. But God knows I miss that man.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2012 :  1:06:21 PM  Show Profile
Hello, Farmgirls! I will make this quick since my computer seems to time-out and I lose longer posts. So, I read what you all are posting every day. I have such a achey breaky body..I don't post much anymore unless its quick. I am glad you all are enjoying the teas. It was fun to put together.
Thank you, especially Peggy, Cherime and Dianne, for the well wishes. That patch of skin cancer is kind of at its peak now in healing. (I think) Its right on a spot where shirt seams rub, so it is a little uncomfortable. I probably have all the usual side effects but on a much lighter basis than those brave people who have intravenous chemo. Still, will be glad when its over. Just a couple more weeks.
We had a sad thing happen a week ago. My BFF/maid of honor from 39 yrs ago came to visit for the weekend. We had a great time and when she went back home her world turned upside down. Her oldest son is just 25. He has Asperbergers syndrome. (sp?) Usually, he does well, and was living with his aunt. (Trying to be independent). He may have decided to go off his medication. My friend stopped at his house to take him to an appt. He had a psychotic episode. Grabbed a large knife and was holding his aunt hostage. Mom was in the driveway. He would not let her into house. She called 911 to see if they could get knife away. They ended up tazing him twice with no effect. And, then they shot him and he died. So, yesterday we went to his funeral. I feel so sad for her and family. Just have to count our blessings.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2012 :  4:26:53 PM  Show Profile
OH JUDITH.....HOW AWFUL!!! All I could do when I read that was ***GASP*** I am so sorry for her and all of you who knew her and him!! So sad!!!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2012 :  5:07:46 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, Judy. We have all been in a state of shock since this happened. I know this was a strange thing to lay on you all, but I really don't have family or close friends to share it with. Just my farmgirl friends. Maybe I shouldn't have put it on here, but it helped a little.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2012 :  5:10:23 PM  Show Profile
Horrible Judith! Praying for them.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2012 :  5:11:49 PM  Show Profile
As an after thought Judith, I think that some of us count everyone on here as family. Feel free to share any time.
God Bless.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1412 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1412 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2012 :  5:36:16 PM  Show Profile
Evening Porchies,
Just wanted to stop by and say I miss you guys.Iv'e been thinking about all of you and each of you are in my prayers. Im feeling pretty good just alittle tried. I've been up later every nite working on items for the craft fairs. I have booked 3 craft so far. Ok girls I can't wait for you to see all that I've been making. But your going to have a wait alittle long. As I can't figure out how to get the pictures load but Miss Katy will be home late next week and will get pictures online. So please keep in mind for Christmas gift. Were going to sell many items along with the scraves. Some of those items are pamper me jars,sugar scrub,homemade noodles,candles. I still have a few more ideas but were have to wait till the picures are posted to see them.
Well Im off to craft,
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2012 :  5:41:17 PM  Show Profile
Judith, WOW! What a tragedy. Prayers for everyone!

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2012 :  10:28:49 AM  Show Profile
Yes, Judith....you have a Family here with us! We unhold our own in Prayer and any other way we can!
Love Ya Girl!
Xtra ((((((((HUGS)))))))))
P.S. Could you see if she'd be comfortable with us sending her some cards,and then give us her address?

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Oct 13 2012 10:30:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2012 :  4:12:59 PM  Show Profile
How sweet, Judy..I can check with her. She is such a private person. I should talk with her real soon. Thank you.

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2012 :  5:43:39 PM  Show Profile
Judith, that is such a tragedy. Prayers sent for all that is involved.
Ruthie Ann, sounds like you have been busy and still are getting ready for craft sales. I am also. My fingers are so sore from crocheting and knitting. I do need a break, but I have to be doing something while I watch tv. Although there has not been much on lately, all those scary movies for Halloween. Won't be long and it will be Christmas ones.
Got a turkey thawing out for tomorrow. The last one in the freezer so we can stock up on them again when they go on sale next month. We generally have a turkey every other month. We love turkey.
Well, I think I am going to go to bed early tonight and probably watch tv in bed. Nothing like snuggling under the blankets on a cold rainy night.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page