Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

fromscratchhomemadelife
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Cassi
Western Middle TN
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2012 :  12:27:38 PM  Show Profile
I've been quiet lately. I hope all is well with you ladies. Here's why I've been quiet: in 60 days we will be closing on our new 29 acre farm with two story cape cod style home!!!!!

Everything is signed and set. The for sale sign now says SOLD. It's a small farming community we're moving too as well. We're so excited!! No more creepy neighbors. No more worry about the kiddos (too much anyway, lol!!) when they are outside. No more hating on our normal farm smells!

I couldn't be happier right now! I am passing around the champagne (or sparkling grape juice for the non-drinkers).

Cassi
Farmgirl #4371

http://fromscratchourhomemadelife.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Dawn
Farmgirl in Training

46 Posts

Martin Ga
46 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2012 :  1:22:35 PM  Show Profile
Cheers! Congratulations Cassidy. I am so proud and happy for ya'll! Woohoo!
29 wonderful acres. God is gracious.

http://lifeatelevenfifteen.blogspot.com
Ecc. 4:12 ...a strand of three cords is not quickly broken.
Go to Top of Page

jenne.f
True Blue Farmgirl

643 Posts

Jenne
Wagontown PA
USA
643 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2012 :  3:51:28 PM  Show Profile
Cassi,
Way to go Farmgirl! I am so happy for you. It sounds wonderful.
No wonder you are so happy. ENJOY....Enjoy....Enjoy. You deserve it.
Jenne

"follow your bliss"
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2012 :  5:56:07 PM  Show Profile
Peg, so glad that you had a relaxing trip and got to spend lots of time on the beach enjoying one of God's beautiful natural wonders!
Mama thinks she'll be ready to move towards the end of this month. She's taking her time and thinning out stuff as she goes.
Judith, Wow, you are on the ball with the tea swap. Can't wait to see what you send.
I'm not sure what happened to Angela. Did she send her tea for Sept. and I just didn't get mine? Just wondering!
Cassidy, horraaaay for a brand new homestead! I'm excited for you! *lifts a glass* CHEERS!!!
Netty Dear, No problem, We all have an attitude right now(Jim,Pasty&Me)andwant to choke someone! LOL Jim walked around his room with the help of a walker. Now they want to send him home. WHAT!!!Although he's trying to move around as much as he can, he's still in no shape to go home. Good Grief!!!Let's have some answers first! They are still calling him the "Mystery Man!" Nobody can figure out what really happened to him!
Well, I'm exhausted. We took Mama some more boxes&lunch and we painted some more in our house, so I've had it for today.
G'Nite Gals!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2012 :  7:22:02 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, welcome back!!! Glad you had a great time. How wonderful to be able to baptize your future DIL.
Judy, hope you will be able to slow down some soon. You have been under alot of stress, and working super hard lately. Please take some time for yourself. Great that Jim was able to walk with help. Why would they want him to go ome if he is contagious? Prayers that he continues to improve and will be back to normal soon.
Cassidy, congratulations on your new farm!!!!! How wonderful for you and your family.
Cherime, they are talking snow in the Dakotas and Minnesota by the end of the week. I am not ready for that yet. We will only be in the 40s for the highs by the end of the week.
I sewed all day today, making tote bags and dish drainer quilts for craft sale in November. Now I am tired and ready for bed. Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2012 :  01:03:11 AM  Show Profile
Good Evening My Lovelies...

Judith...dear one so sorry to hear about your patch of skin cancer. Glad the topical cream seems to be working. You are such a "Love" we want you around for years and years to come.
Keep us posted!
Can't wait to get the tea in the mail!!! Love Farmgirl Mail! And thanks so much for the pkg I got from you today on the Photo Swap...but I will post more about it over there.

Nancy...hope the animals didn't keep fussing all day and driving you bonkers.
And hope your Lab took a nap later in the day and YOU too! 4:00 in the morning is crazy! Is there really a 4 in the morning????? I've never seen it and never hope to. LOL

Cassi....CONGRATULATIONS FARMGIRL!
That is the most exciting news!!!! I never imagined a Cape Cod Style Home on a Ranch before but hey, Why Not! I kind of picture them more at the Coast.
And good riddens to creepy neighbors...who needs 'em. LOL
So Happy With and For YOU girlfriend.

Jenne...WELCOME TO The PORCH. Pull up a Rocker and sit a spell and tell us a little bit about yourself. This is a GREAT and Fabulous Place to hang out.

Netty...yes, my Retreat Wknd was soooooo awesome...and God was so Present with us...and baptizing Sadie was just the best thing that happened! So amazing!

Judy...what are they thinking wanting to send Jim home? It's almost like, "Well, we don't know what cha got, don't know how to treat you, don't know if it will go away, sorry you can't walk unasissted but hey buddy we wish ya the best *slap on the back* and we're sending you home."
That is just too insane for words.

Glad Mama is going through her things and taken it nice and slowly. I know she must be worried sick about Jim and Patsy and you (worken yourself to death).
Get some REST!!! Wish I could afford to send you all to the Beach to experience the Relaxation and Refreshing that I just enjoyed. God is so transparent in His Creation...how can people NOT believe in Him, when the Heavens and Earth Scream His Glory!?

Janet...thanks for the "Welcome Home" girl. It is good to be back. I went to help my youngest son for awhile today. He is busy trying to put his house totally together so it looks more like a "HOME" instead of a hotel room. They have been in it a year this month...but never had time to really decorate it with those homey touches. So, since Sadie is still working a 60 hour week...he is trying to pick up the slack...since his business is starting off slowly. He has decided with baby on the way...to take on a FULL TIME job and work his new business too....until it really gets off the ground enough to keep them financially stable. So, please pray for him as he looks for something else.

Sounds like you are making some cool things for your November sale. How fun! Hope you sell it all!

Cherime...did your snow stick???? And have you gotten anymore? I thought of you today when I was sitting on my back Porch and it was 80 degrees on Oct. 1st. The rest of the week will be mid to high 70's and we have had no rain in three months. Yahoo! That is an all time record for here.

Alright you Peachy Porchies....I'm Off to LaLa Land. More Later.

Sweet Sweet Surrender,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Dawn
Farmgirl in Training

46 Posts

Martin Ga
46 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2012 :  06:19:34 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies, all that talk about snow and 40 degree temps makes me want to drag out the quilt and snuggle under covers! But then I would roast! Temps are way different for me in Ga. We did get 3.5 inches of rain yesterday and last night which is wonderful.
The Fall garden sure needs it. Today I am going to walk the woods and pick up some Fall leaves and press them. I love Fall!!
Happy Day ladies!!

http://lifeatelevenfifteen.blogspot.com
Ecc. 4:12 ...a strand of three cords is not quickly broken.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2012 :  09:08:54 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, glad to have you back. Sounds like your retreat was a real "treat". Haha.
Anyway,

Cassi, big news for you. How wonderful to get what you want. I bet you have lots of great plans in store.

Judy, can't believe, (actually can) they are trying to send Jim home. Maybe a visit to a different hospital is in order.
Ever read "Heaven is for Real" ? The little boy in the book almost died at one hospital. They pretty much gave up on him because they didn't know what was wrong. So his parents took him out and to a hospital closer to home. The doctors there figured it out and he ended up ok. I think Jim needs a second opinion. Either that or go find "House".
Sounds like Mama is almost ready to move. It is nice she is open to change. So many older people can't handle it.

Judy, I loved the chamomile story too. Wish it worked on me that good.

North much going on in my world. Homework and working at the library. Designing my Xmas cards for sale. No time for sewing anymore. I can't wait for Thanksgiving. I get to see my kids and my son's new girlfriend.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2012 :  01:13:46 AM  Show Profile
Wow My Porchies...

Very quiet on the Porch today. I am leaving you all some Pumpkin Choc. Chip Bread that I brought
back from my Beach Retreat. We stopped at Bauman Farms on the way to the Coast and I bought all
kinds of goodies there. If Mary Jane's Farm in Idaho is even half as cool as this Farm is...I would
love to see it someday. But I feel very blessed that we have all kinds of those sort of Venues in
our neck of the woods too.

I slept for three hours this afternoon...trying to catch up on all that sleep I missed at Retreat.

I found out that my next door neighbor is moving out and going into an Assisted living complex. She is
just 3 years older than I am and looks relatively healthy on the outside but like me, has fibro and chronic
fatigue, arthritis and some kind of problem with her feet where she can't walk on them at times. She has
gone to using a Wheelchair alot. Anyway...I haven't had time to really get to know her...because I keep
as busy as I can. I don't sit around the Apartment all day...I get out and do stuff...even if it is just
going to Barnes and Noble, running errands with youngest son, or DH or walking my dog...whatever. I just
refuse to not enjoy life to the fullest even if I have some bumps in the road at times. I know I HAVE to
keep moving or I will regret it in the long run.

I started getting some of the Photo's from the Photo Swap I am Hostessing and that is really fun...to put
Faces with Names. My little MJF Farm Sisters Photo Album is growing once again.

Heading to Bed and Praying for YOU ALL. Ya better be back on tomorrow or else I will be coming to 'Round
Ya All Up like a bunch of cattle. Ha Ha!

Night Girlies,
peg

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2012 :  07:26:43 AM  Show Profile
Morning Porchies,
I had a minute so I wanted to stop by and say Hello!!! I miss you all so dearly. Things here are starting to slow down so I will be able to spend so time on here. Well here's the scoop with me. Im still working 3 part time jobs and haven't done much to get ready to move and Im feeling ok with that right now. I have been crocheting alot and am meeting 2 other friends today . Were driving into the city to go to a upscale yarn shop. Im so excited except Im driving and that doesn't excite so much. Better get off here and make a breakfast cassoro;e for dinner,clean my car . I also need to go and get a new pair of windshield wipers looks like rain and mine are fworking so so.
I'll let you know how the yarn shop was . HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2012 :  08:43:06 AM  Show Profile
Cassi, great news!
The snow melted but it is cooler and there has been a couple of hard frosts. If anyone gets the Discovery channel and wants to see a bunch of extreme homesteaders, they have a show on Alaska Frontier. The family they show on it give a glimpse of what it was like before we got a bit more civilized.
Peg, just keep moving, that is the best antidote.
It is holiday bazaar time and am working on stuff to sell. My DD is finally out of the slave pit. Now that she is out I intend to start attending their board of directors meeting which are open to the public. Their new policy of not using donations for the women and children at the shelter and selling the stuff donated through their thrift store is not a popular policy. Members of the community feel as though their attempts to do something nice for an actual person is being sidetracked by their new get bucks policy. That's what happens when the CEO and director both have Master's in finance and not social services, they cannot see the people and relationships for the $$.
Ah well. Blessings all and take care.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

fromscratchhomemadelife
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Cassi
Western Middle TN
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2012 :  08:45:48 AM  Show Profile
Thank you ladies! I'm so very excited and feel so very blessed! It's very humbling to have one's prayers answered time and time again.

There's a lot of packing and things to do before the move. Once it's ours, we need to fence everything before moving our livestock. We also need to raise a barn. Which we have 3 people in the town offering their help with. I love this area! Everyone is so very nice!!

I will probably not be on very much due to this. Know that y'all are all in my prayers!!

Cassi
Farmgirl #4371

http://fromscratchourhomemadelife.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2012 :  10:30:33 AM  Show Profile
Morning Porchies!
Peg, Yum! TY for the pumpkin bread.Pumpkin (anything) is tasty in my book.
Is your DH done with his "snit" now? He'd better be. He'd better watch himself. He doesn't want me coming out there and "Putting My Hands On My HIPS!!!!" It won't get pretty after that! Soon as I do that...it's all over 'cept for the clean-up!!!
On the bright side though, while I'm there I can help out on that "cattle-ish round-up"hahaha
Netty, It is nice to have Peg back isn't it?(even if she is cracking that whip already) ~geesh~
Ruthie, I always think of you crafters when i see new yarn at Goodwill. There's always a couple of skeins of it on their small table in the corner.
Cherime, I'd love to be there in the cold with ya.I'm so looking forward to the cooler temps, holiday bizarres and cookies,craft shows and cookies,our Chris-Kindle-Markt and cookies and all he like. Oh ya, and did I mention that I'm looking forward to COOKIES??!!!!I just really like that holiday feeling with it's neat smells, sights and sounds....and cookies! YUM!
I should be big as a barn!hahahaha
Cassidy, What a Blessing to have folk around willing to help.I always thought that I'd love to be a part of a barn-raising. Who says that you have to be Amish to do that?Not me! I just want to help someone build something that they really need.I may not be a crafter, but if someone around here would ask me to help out with a big project, I'd be there with my hammer, a plate of cookies,some ice tea, and ask them,"Where do ya want me?" I'm really enjoying painting our house right now(rooms).The nore tedious the job the more of a challenge it is to me. I really like that!
Well, patsy&Jim are at his sisters for a week! Yup!...they tossed them out...just like they said they would. At least his sister and her daughter can help them out. He's still walking with someone's help wherever he goes. Plus with his new diabetic diet, his sister's church is bringing in meals for them. That will help a WHOLE lot!!! Patsy said that she was breathing in the nice mountain air the whole way home. She said now she understands why dogs hang out the window! hahaha Jim told her that she has a little color in her chees this morning. I told her that "Pasty-Patsy was not a color!" LOL
When she gets rested up maybe she will come on and give yuns an update. She'll hopefully get more breaks since she has help now.
Well gotta take Mama over some boxes and a few things.
Later Gators!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2012 :  12:31:56 PM  Show Profile
Excuse me while I pout. I'm just having one of those days. You know, when you really don't have a right to be a grumpy butt but you are anyways???? I make homemade chicken soup and my daughter turns up her nose and refuses to it eat. I tell you what, for some reason that one hits me in the heart every time. I do everything in my power to give my family nutritious, tasty, homemade food and then get told it's yucky. She's in for a shocker because I made it so that I could put it in thermos' for tonight. So guess what she is having for supper????

AWANAS starts tonight. I'm helping in Cubbies and both my brats are in Sparkies. We're also going to be bringing the neighbor boy so I'll also be feeding him every Wednesday night picnic style. I can't afford to eat out that much so the kids will be getting tacos in a thermos, soup in a thermos, and whatever else I can come up with!!!

Also have to get our Christmas Shoe Box ready today because our 4H will be completing them on Saturday. This means I get to go shopping too!

So first I have to get school done (daughter is in a stage where everything is terrible so school takes her longer than it should), then I've got to get to town, do some shopping, drop the kids off at tumbling and then pick up the other kid and feed everyone and get to AWANAS, then tonight when I am beyond exhausted from being up since three am and running around, I get to drive 45 minutes home and drop of the neighbor kid and get mine into bed and...... whew, tired of hearing me whine yet!!!!! It's not so bad really, I think I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed today. Maybe I need to get a hug. Sure my son will give me one. :) I'm so blessed and I know it, I'm just also so tired right now. Pray for me Porchies???

Judy, glad to hear your family is doing a little better. Hope that healing continues at a quick pace.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2012 :  12:57:24 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly, all I can say is you will miss all this when they are gone. Don't be too hard on dd for not liking your soup. I'm sure it isn't personal.

Off to work in the library.

Later all.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2012 :  2:05:16 PM  Show Profile
Netty, I too love to get handmade gifts, but my family does not think that way and do not like the homemade stuff. Where is their appreciation? Hubby has not talent at all either. Oh well, I do and that is what counts for me.
Ruthie Ann, a trip to a yarn shop with friens sounds so wonderful!!! I hope you all had a great time and found lots of goodies.
Cherime, Glad the snow melted there. We are supposed to get some on Friday. Hard to believe when it is in the 60s today!!! I am not looking forward to that yet. Enjoying still having the windows open some.
Cassi, Good luck with your move. It sounds so exciting. Hope you get all settled in before the holidays.
Judy, I though Patsy and Jim were contagious. That is too bad that hospitals are more for the money now. It all boils down to who can afford to stay longer. Where is the medical part? I hope Jim is able to walk better very soon. I am still praying for them.
I have to get dinner on the table, so will be back later.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2012 :  5:52:09 PM  Show Profile
Dear Sweet Kimberly....(((hug)))(((hug))(((hug)))...and an extra dose of Squeezle! There....feel better?
Janet, Guess what? I thought they were contagious too! *sigh* Doctors....***hmpf*** They say whatever suits them!
I'm hoping they both feel better soon! Sis is wore out!
Thanks for all the Prayers and concerns Gals! You are the bestest!(yes,even when you're whining) LOL
Love Yuns!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2012 :  12:49:55 AM  Show Profile
Evening My Lovely Porchies...

Well, I see ya all took me serious about rounding you up like Cattle...cuz everyone is back today. It's like ya all had to rest your thoughts for a day and then you're right back to your normal chatty cathiness. Which I love!
Because who wants to hear themself talk??? Not me! LOL

I'm glad ya all missed me while I was at the Beach Retreating and having fun. I spent way way way too much money though. It is a good thing I only do that once a year. Whew!
I could get myself into some big time financial trouble with that kind of Retail Therapy if done more frequently.

Hi Netty...if your kitchen calls you too loudly just turn up the TV and ignore it.
I'm with you and Janet...I love to craft but do not have a family that likes to receive home crafted items. Though over the years they have received plenty. I am just the opposite...I love to get them...and I appreciate all the love and hardwork that goes into a homemade gift.

Ruthie Ann...darlen where have you been? We have missed your smilen face. Glad to hear that you will be on here a little more now.
I don't know how you handle 3 pt. jobs but good for you!
Your trip today sounded like a lot of fun. Those Specialty High End Yarn Shops are fun. I always go browse through them...then buy my yarn either on line or through a cheaper venue.

Hi Cherime...oh, if only the World could put people above the almighty buck...life would be so much better and sweeter and godly.

Cassi...wow, raising a barn seems a lot more daunting than packing and cleaning and unpacking. Glad that you already have a few volunteers....but I think you could still use about 4 times that many. Many hands make for a much lighter load and quicker results.
Happy Happy Happy For you that is for sure.

Judy...husband is over his "snit" and "pout" now that I am back home from all my fun. I think he just gets lonely and jealous when I am off having fun without him.
I think he would faint dead away if he saw you coming with your hands on your hips...cuz the man knows what that means!!! LOL
He think's I am bossy enough without recruiting my girlfriends to help me keep him in line. LOL
Wow...the hospital just pushed them out the door huh? Maybe you need to go put your hands on your hips over there too. That is just so NOT RIGHT.
Hope they gave them a "plan" on how to treat this mystery illness before they released them. Wait until we get Obama Care...will be seeing alot more of that kind of treatment.

Kimberly...oh, sweet girl..."here is a big hug"...I just hate days like that, when you feel overwhelmed and underappreciated. But I know you are a good mommy who dearly loves those little rug-rats. I think you just need a little RnR and things will look better when you are refreshed. One of my mothers of young children at Bible Study tonight...was having a day just like you.
She swore if her kids added one more thing and place that she had to chauver them to she was going to go on a Sit Down Strike!
And I whole heartedly agree with Bunny...someday you are going to miss all those crazy days with your kids.
They grow up all too fast and before you know it...they will be adults and out on their own...and you will hate the silence and the routiness of your days.

Bunny...how are you liking your Library job? Are people still relatively polite and quiet in Libraries these days? I rarely ever go in them any more. I know yours is in The College so, I would think that would be even quieter as everyone wants to get some serious studying done.

Janet and Judy...I know that Patsy and Jim are probably glad to be out of the Hospital if for no other reason than to get some rest. I have never found them places to go to feel better or to get any sleep.
I think the best place to get sicker is in a Hospital with all kinds off illnesses being treated there.

Madame Butterfly...where o' where have you flown off to????? If you are lurking you better make a pleasant landing on the Butterfly Bush by The Porch so we know that your little Butterflies haven't clipped your wings by mistake. LOL

Oh, My Bible Study Group was so great tonight. I just love getting into the Word with other Women and discussing how much Papa God loves us and takes care of us.
He gives such "Peace" in the midst of chaos and turmoil...if we just run to His open arms.

Off to read...and sleep...I am still trying to catch up on my sleep after all that fun last weekend. We had way too many great times of laughing... until we cried...and held our sides.
"Laughter is Good Medicine" that is for sure.

When you close your eyes tonight...remember that God loves to sing over you.
Sweet Dreams,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2012 :  09:19:50 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, I like working in the library. It is quiet. There is so much to learn though. Mostly the library computer system. Being on my feet too long gets to me though.

School is going good so far. Algebra is a bit confusing. It isn't very logical as far as how my brain works. I think It will be a case of just shut up and do it this way because I said so. My teacher has been very patient and understanding. Most of it I'm doing fine ..just a few areas doing make sense.
Well, it looks like my sister is moving back with her x for sure. This will be the 5th time they have married. He had a daughter that made life hell for both of them. I really hope it works out this time. Thankfully she is married and living in a different state. I still don't look forward to her being so close. She has this terrible high pitched voice like she is talking falsetto and gets upset soooo easy at the smallest things. It is like being around Dr. Jeckle and Mr. Hyde in female form. You never know what is coming. It is pretty scary.

Ruth Ann I love yarn shops. I can picture the project all done with so many wonderful yarns. Problem is my projects done alway match the picture in my head. I'm amazed at the priced too. I have such a hard time buying $100.00 worth of yarn for a sweater. But I still like to touch.

Janet, glad things will calm down a little for you. I miss having time to sew and create right now. My family doesn't mind home made things. We are all pretty creative. But we have all decided with where everyone is at financially we don't do presents anymore. It is a little sad because spending Christmas made up for it. But being so far away, I only get to see them for Thanksgiving. Neither of my sons has a place of their own so there isn't anywhere else to go and I don't have money to fly anyway. Hopefully some day it will be different.

Tammy... I agree with Peggy.. Fly home will ya. We miss you!

I just bought some interesting tea. It is Graviola tea. It is more a medicinal herbal tea than tasty. It is suppose to help with high blood pressure and weight loss and a slew of other things. It doesn't taste too bad with honey. It will be interesting if it lowers my blood pressure. I do take pills anyway and watch my diet. But I would really rather find something that doesn't require a prescription.

Peggy, funny how husbands get their shorts in a twist when we go out with the girls and leave them alone. Women seem to be so much more social than men. My second husband hated it when I wasn't around to entertain him. I know that's why he married me. To have someone around to keep him company and do what he wanted to do. As he said, I was his hobby. .

Well, enough of my gab. I have homework to attend to. Doing pretty good with keeping up. But I have a investments class tonight. The teacher is terrible! He knows the subject, just not how to teach it.

Later all!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2012 :  6:29:56 PM  Show Profile
Hello my dear porchies,
I heard yall calling my name. I brought yall some sugar cookies and some wedding tea from Harney and Sons. That tea is growing on me. My little butterflies have come close to clipping my wings but I clipped first..hahahahahahahah They get a three day weekend as I have an inservice. I have been busy this week with bible study with girlfriends, had a workshop yesterday afternoon...most boring thing ever....yikes! tonight just got home had eye appointment and some errands. Besides when yall call I came flying in as I don't want Peggy sending out the porch posse. HE!HE!

Bunny so glad you are enjoying the library. Have you tried online to get help with your algebra. My sons used a homework site that helped explain it to them when they weren't getting it and now they use it for geometry...will see if I can find out what the url is. I have never heard of Graviola tea. There are many teas that help with things like blood pressure. I would be interested in knowing how it works for you.

Peggy oh so glad you are back and had such a great time. I missed you. Sounds like you had a great time though. I had to laugh at the thought of Judy showing up to straigten your hubby out of his snit..that would have been a sight.

Judy still praying for your bil and sis any news today

Kimberly here is a sweet hug for you hang in there

Ruthie...so glad to see you here I have missed you smiles and words to share. I don't know how you do what you do and stay sane.

It definitely feels like autumn today. Breezy and very cool..but oh the colors have just been lovely. I bought some scarecrows and pumpkins and decorated. I was so excited I have never lived where it mattered if I decorated or not. Now living on the highway our little house gets seen so I have decorated and it brought me such joy to have so much fun. I will try to remember to take a picture.

well girlies time for some tea and crochet before bed. I hope yall sleep well. I do have some new butterfly stories but will share later.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Wings of Joy http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2012 :  9:33:05 PM  Show Profile
Hi Tammy, Welcome back. I just ordered some teas today myself from Culinary Tea Co. Can't wait for some new fall flavors. There's a Blueberry Creme that sounds wonderful and a smokey black tea that I know hubby will like. Fall just livens up the tastebuds somehow doesn't it? Everything tastes better and more vibrant.
Judith, I got my tea package today. What a wonderful variety you sent. Flavors I've never heard of. Cute poem too. Can't wait to try the recipe. TYTYTY The envelope smelled so yummy! *giggle* I really liked the little Tea Caddy. That'll go right in my purse. I laid all of the contents and the envelope on my steps going upstairs because I was painting downstairs, and I heard Rascal playing with something. It was that Tea Caddy. I think the smell interested him,plus it is such a soft yarn that he thought it was a new cat toy. hahaha I changed his mind on that one. hahaha
I haven't heard from Patsy today. Skype has been acting up since she got home. Those pesky mountains slow everything down. She said Jim had a Dr appointment yesterday though, and his arms and legs swelled up while he was in the waiting room. So the Dr got to see what they were talking about. They had to wait for 2 hours to see the Doc. WHAT!!! It's a new Dr and he/she was taking new patients. Guess they need to work on scheduling. *sigh*
Well, It's bedtime.
Nite Porchies! ZZzzzzz
Sweet Dreams!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2012 :  01:17:43 AM  Show Profile
Ahhh My Sweet Friends...
I just needed to come sit on The Porch and hang with you all for awhile tonight (ok...so, it's morning for most of you LOL).

Hubby is still in a "Snit" Judy...seems to come and go. We got in a arguement on finances today at Barnes and Noble no less. Let's just fight in front of the whole store huh???? He seems to think because I can stretch money better than he can...that I can also make it grow on trees or something.
I was so proud of myself today...because I got two bills paid off...that I had been chipping away at monthly for about 4 or 5 months. So, I no sooner delight in that fact out loud and he says to me, "I really need you to pick up paying a couple more bills a month out of your SSD Check." Here I was feeling a moment of a little breathing room right before a Wedding in mid Nov. (our son) and the Holidays. I must say...I lost it. Flat out had a hissy fit and melt down and at that point I didn't really care who overheard the conversation (since he picked the Venue). Men...Can't live with 'em and can't live without 'em. Though somedays girls....

Bunny...loved your comment about husbands getting their shorts in a twist. Oh, I hear ya girlfriend. But must admit (confession is good for the soul) it took me all day and most of the evening before I felt like putting my big girl panties on and dealing with him.

Glad school is going good. Sorry that the math is a bit of a struggle...but I know you will work your little brains out until you get it.

I always worry about you and the Fibro when I know you have to stand on your feet. Like last year with the Grocery Store...though I do realize that was longer hours then.

Let me know how that Graviola Tea works for you. Though I will admit that I do not like when the word Medicinal is linked to any tea I drink. LOL Usually means "gross"!

Madame Butterfly...thanks for flitting home today for awhile. We miss you when you aren't on here sharing your love and also those cute butterfly stories. Are they starting to calm down any???
I am so glad that you got to decorate your Home for Autumn. I do that outside my Apartment door and on My Porch and in my house. I use to be a gift Merchandiser...and so I have to, have to, have to decorate for every Season and Holiday. So, I could feel your excitement right along with you. Pure Fun and Joy!

Judith...Oh, what a fun fun fun tea pkg you sent us!!!!!! I love the little purse teabag carrier! And you were so very creative in your choices of Teas and flavors. Wow...I almost sat right down and had a cup after I opened the pkg...but it was too HOT. We are still getting warm weather here. No complaints...but I have to save those teas for a few more weeks I think. I am not one who likes hot beverages when, I am hot already. So, I am still drinking my tea iced. LOL But thank you so much!!!! Loved the Poem and Recipes also!!!!!

Judy...I heard today on the News... that there is an out break of Menengitis (SP) all across the Country. Could that possibly be what Jim has????

How is Mama's Duplex coming along? Do you have every room painted yet??? No wonder...you feel like
ZZZZZZZZZ's at 9:30 at Night. Here it is 1:15 and I am still wide awake. Hee Hee! I am a Night Owl...that is for sure!

OK...off to read a bit...before I go to sleep. I spent this evening knitting a cowle for myself...for when and if we ever have cold and rainy weather...I'm ready.

Nightie Nite!
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2012 :  07:34:37 AM  Show Profile
Good morning porchies! Just stopping by to put my feet up and sip a cup of coffee. I brought homemade chocolate crinkle cookies, and some egg-free chocolate chip cookie dough. Bon appetit!

Kim--*hug*

Bunny--I envy you. I miss being a librarian so, so much!

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2012 :  08:49:06 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the hugs Porchies! I sure needed them. That day actually turned out pretty well. My children threw my words back at me, "Go to God" and it worked. I guess seeing as how He created time He's not governed by it and He made everything happen in it's own time. I just needed to get an attitude adjustment and then I was able to handle it well enough. :) I hate feeling overwhelmed and if I'd just learn to go to the source of all power a little sooner.......

Thanks for putting up with my grumpy butt. :P

So today we're actually taking a day off of school. Fun, Fun. We're going on a field trip to a Pigeon farm. Cool huh? Then we have to go to the city and get the car fixed. And then I need to buy some grub because things are getting a little scarce in that department. So we all get a day off, kind of. Then tomorrow I'm going to take the kids to Bill's Berry Farm. Seriously one of the best places on earth. And then we'll go to our 4H meeting. Sunday is of course a grand day because we have Church (I still have to find something fun to do all afternoon) and then Bible Study!!!! Oh how I love Bible Study. And the kids love the chance to play with their friends. So the next three days should be soul refreshing and hopefully I won't have any more grumpy butt days to pester you with. :) :) :)

Have a blessed day. And even if I didn't mention everything I read everything and I'm praying for those things mentioned. Hugs to all.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2012 :  09:01:39 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning
Don't mind me. I am just going to sit here in a rocker, wraped up in a quilt and sip some tea. Don't get to close the "crud" has won and I feel icky.

Whittney thanks for the link. I will make some if I feel better.
Those are really neat bed side tables. My youngest DD's oyfriend used some crates like that to make an entertainment center. It really is neat.

Cherime snow already? We have had freeze warnings but no snow pridicted yet. I have to agree with the strange weather. ait was 80 degrees on Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday we woke up the mid 30's and it only got up to 66. Over night Fall has arrived.

Judy praying for Jim. It is bizzar. I will pray for wisdom for the doctors. It is kind of scary when they don't know what is wrong.

Peggy it sounds like you had a great time. I love retreats. You get to really bond with those you go with.

Judith I pray all goes well. Skin cancer is a serious thing. Praying for you.

Cassidy congrats on the new farm. We want pics.

Judy how can Jim go home if he is in quarentine?

Ruth Ann I love yarn shops. Like really good fabric shops they are full of ideas and insperation.

Kimberly I know it is hard now, but you will miss them when they are all grown up.

Bunny have you got the question about door a,b,c,d in the movie theater. If there is 200 people in the movie theater and ther is a fire how long will it take all the people to get out of doors a and d because b and c are locked. My question was if there is a fire why are b and c locked? My algebra teacher just looked at me like I was stupid. I thought the question was stupid. If there's a fire open al the doors. It would take less time for everyone to get out. DUH!!!

I am feeling better after sitting here with all of you. I had better get at least one thing done today.

Dianne
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page