Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

fromscratchhomemadelife
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Cassi
Western Middle TN
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2012 :  08:05:02 AM  Show Profile
Oh my!!! Everyone needing prayers and shoulders to weep upon have definitely got them from me!

Shanda - I cannot imagine! I agree with Peggy. Desperate times call people to do desperate things. Hate the sin, not the person. You and your friend...and everyone touched by her actions are in my prayers.

Angela - I have nothing to add that has not been said about your situation. You're in my prayers.

Cherime - You have such a big heart!! I love that you are always so quick to offer support and prayers. Your daughter is most certainly in my prayers.

Judy - I'm praying for you and your mom!

Janet - I want a 30 degree night! I am so excited for cool weather. Fall and Winter are my top two favorite seasons. I melt in the summer...but still refuse to leave the South, LOL!

Whew - We've definitely got a dark cloud on us right now. GO away silly dark cloud. We're done with you.

I've been cleaning, working on an afghan, and entertaining my BIL's new girlfriend. I adore her! I hope this relationship sticks. His others were not so good. She's a doll though. Soooo sweet and my kids adore her already. BIL lives with us (not sure I've mentioned that before or not?) While we're happy to help - at 26 years old we're also wanting him to get on his feet and figure out what he wants to do with his life. He does help occasionally around here, but a lot of the time he still acts like he's in college...which ended 5 years ago. The last few weeks he's buckled down and is really giving it his all though. Again - here's hoping it sticks. He's so sweet and smart. Prayers appreciated on that front. He's lived with us almost our entire marriage (over 3 years).

I'm so very excited for some cooler weather this week! As it stands - the forecast for Tuesday is saying 64/42! I'm so pumped over this. It's odd...summertime weather makes me so lazy! The cooler weather (and darker days) move in and I just want to run around outside alllllll day and snuggle under blankets and in flannel pajamas, fuzzy socks, and some good hot tea while knitting or snuggling a sweet baby, toddler or both!

Cassi
Farmgirl #4371

http://fromscratchourhomemadelife.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2012 :  1:47:10 PM  Show Profile
Netty...I think it is mycleanpc.com. Or very close to that.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2012 :  7:18:57 PM  Show Profile
hello girls,
Hopping on the porch with a pot of Rose tea for yall.
Yesterday family and I spent the day together. It was so fun and relaxing.. I needed that after this past week.
I am hoping this week with my little butterflies is better. They will soon find out Madame Butterfly has scissors to clip wings with and while they may not like it...that is what tough love is all about. Been really praying about it and trying to still find balance between home and work. But I feel God is trying to show me something and so we travel together.
I did laundry today and baked cookies and banana bread. I was in a baking mood and my new oven does a beautiful job of baking. love cooking in my new kitchen.
Sending prayers up for all who need it. I have bought some new teas and a new tea gadget. I am playing to see how it works...it will pour your tea into your cup for you. I don't know how to explain it so will post pictures this week I now have my camera fixed I think. It was a productive weekene..hehehe
Jax got a hair cut and looks so darn cute. He weighs nine pounds now.
well time to have tea and read a bit before bed.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Wings of Joy http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2012 :  7:52:04 PM  Show Profile
I am singing PRAISES tonight Gals! The lady called me tonight to tell me that the girl that had dibs on the apartment doesn't want it.
Huuuraaaay! It's Mama's! She's soooo excited and I am too! Now the hard job begins, packing, moving, unpacking!
BUT Praise the Lord, He answered our Prayers! (giddygiddygiddy)
Let's pop the virtual cork and sing and dance! ***weeeeeeeeee*** Mama's coming HOME!!!!LOLOLOLOL

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2012 :  9:21:36 PM  Show Profile
Thank you ladies for your prayers and kind words. I can't even began to tell you how uplifting you have been.

Today, things took a horrible turn. The local newspaper put the story right on the front page of the Sunday paper. They left out all the names, but my friend T read it and tryed to take her life. She is on a ventilator tonight and her daughter is with family. It's been a dark day. I'm sorry to unload here, but I'm not supose to talk to anyone local till the DA says it's ok. Now that the story is out, people are calling to ask questions, and everything has become really overwelming.

I am reading the other post here, and trying to not get too self absorbed. My family came in from out of state for a surpise visit and the timing was perfect! I love my family.

Tammy I am glad you had a wonderful visit with family! Enjoy your butterflies!
Charime I will be praying for your DD.
Cassidy you'll have to post a pic when your done with your blanket!
Peggy, thank you for the hug, I love hugs!
And greatful for you mom, Judy! Good deal!

Well, tommorow will be a bumpy ride, I'm so glad I know God has it all worked out before I even wake up! I just need to hang on.
Blessings

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2012 :  10:12:00 PM  Show Profile
Shanda, glad that you have family to help cushion this one. I certainly was a rough ride. Too bad that T felt that was the only out. Oh what a tangled web we weave....praying for her. Blessings

CMF
Go to Top of Page

littlegirl54
True Blue Farmgirl

61 Posts

Connie
Rio Linda California
USA
61 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2012 :  10:30:01 PM  Show Profile
Whoo hoo, Judy, so glad for you and your mama. It's nice to have our parents close, and yet still independent. Whoo hoo again!!!!!

Life's too short to sit in a box all day. Get out and do something creative.

Connie H.
Farmgirl Sister 4152
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2012 :  12:59:32 AM  Show Profile
Evening...nope Good Very Early Morning Porchies.

I took a long nap today...so I am on here even later tonight. I Just finished making another Triana Scarf.
This one is dark purple and lavender with light grey & silver Sparkley threads in it.
Turned out very pretty. This one is for me...unless God tells me otherwise.

Madame Butterfly...I am so happy to hear that you had a nice and relaxing weekend. Yum...baked cookies and banana bread...sounds like you relax by baking.
I need to do more of that (I think)...I eat too much of those things as it is.
Your new tea gadget has me curious girl.
Can't wait to see a picture. Thanks for the Rose Tea...haven't had that for years.

Judy...Whoot Whoot Whoot...Mama's got a brand new home!!!
I am so happy to have that prayer answered so quickly.
That is AWESOME.
Well, the hard part comes now...but once she is all settled in, it will be fabulous to have her closer.
Keep us posted how it all goes.

Oh Shanda...this story just keeps getting worse doesn't it? I am so glad that your family came to give you the love and support that you needed.
I worry most for T's daughter. How tragic! How old is the daughter if I may ask?
Being on a Ventilator sounds like she came extremely close to succeeding with her suicide attempt. She may not make it still...and if she does...don't be surprised if she doesn't try it again and succeed next time. She obviously can't face the shame and consequences of what her sin will cost her.
I am still praying for everyone concerned...only God can turn what Satan meant for evil into something better than anyone could ever expect.
Hang in there girl!
When things look impossible...God does his best work.

Ok Ladies...I'm off to read. I did find another good book to read (I know you aren't shocked by that)..."So many books, so little time"
that's my Motto.

Prayers and Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 17 2012 01:03:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bushel n Peck
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Tracy
Truly MT
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2012 :  08:57:54 AM  Show Profile
Hi Porchies!
I am sorry to have neglected you for so long. I will pray for all of your trials that I have been reading about and I rejoice for your blessings too!

TO cheer you up I thought you would like to see the cheerleader sweater I crocheted for my Mom's little dog. They live near Missoula Montana, so of course it is a U of Montana sweater! Maroon and Silver

my blog: http://bushelnpeck.blogspot.com

I sing because I'm happy; I sing because I'm free!
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches over me.
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2012 :  10:29:33 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Shanda, hang in there girl, it will soon be over. not soon enough, I know..

My mom was so excited about getting that new place, she called me twice!! Now mind you, I mostly call her, so it was a very nice surprise! Wish the packing was all undone already, but ya, it is what it is...lol She's scrounging for boxes now. :)

got all my posies planted and now its sprinkled today. 100% for tomorrow. :)

Tracy: Love that cute lil sweater! the dog is cute too, name?

Lynette: before we got with Frontier, we used this free version site for all our computers. It's called Avast and my air force sons got me onto it.

http://www.avast.com/free-antivirus-download

Hugs n Prayers to ALL....group hug!! :)

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)

Edited by - craftbug on Sep 17 2012 10:33:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2012 :  10:58:17 AM  Show Profile
Hey Porchies!!

I spent the whole weekend with hubby without the girls. He surprised me with already havin made arrangements for them to stay with some family till he gets off work tonight. We visited some friends, went to a little bar where a local band I really like was playin, and he took me to 'Hooters' for dinner, somewhere I've never been but always wanted to try. The food was great! We spent the whole weekend on the motorcycle! It was a blast!

He works with a guy that does tattoos on the side for cash. He needed some lights and some insulation for his new room addition. We traded him the lights and the insulation for some tattoo work for hubby. He has a spider web on his elbow now and a silly tat on his hand. I think it's cute. He had an arrow with the word 'twist' above it put between the thumb and first finger. It symbolizes twistin the hand grip on a motorcycle. His friend liked it and is doin one on himself. The guys at work that hubby rides with said they want it too. It's turned into their own little 'club' thing now!

He also surprised me with his next tattoo design! He is gettin a family tat! It will have my name and the girls names and of course the grandson's name! He always said gettin a spouses name was the dumbest thing you could do. He said it left you with a bad tat when they left. Now he wants to get my name tattooed on his chest! I was really touched and I seen what he was doin. It was his way of showin me he wasn't gonna let anyone come between us. I love that Man!!!!!

The fact that it will drive his family nuts is just a bonus!!! (evil grin...evil giggle) LOL!!!

Then, as the icin on the cake, I have the day and the house to myself today. I slept till noon! Now I have about 5 more hours to work on my crafts. I'm gonna finish a quillin project since tiny strips of paper are irrestible to a 3y/o. If there is time I'm gonna work on a new necklace and bracelet set to match some earrings I made last year. I thought they would match a necklace and bracelet I had, but they didn't, so they now need their own. I might even think about finishin the laundry, but I'd have to be really desperate for that today! LOL!!!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

fromscratchhomemadelife
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Cassi
Western Middle TN
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2012 :  12:02:12 PM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies!

Tammy - MMmmmm rose tea sounds delicious! I'll be praying for you to find balance as well!

Judy - YAY!!!!!!! Praise the Lord, for he is good! How wonderful!

It's a fairly normal day here and I couldn't be more happy about its normalcy. The antibiotic was wrecking my poor belly. I'm so glad that nightmare is over. I'm flitting around today alternating housework with dancing and acting foolish with Monster and Raspberry. I feel like I did so much sitting last week that I don't want to sit today. Well - except for now. I've got a sweet snuggle bug on my chest and Monster's down for his nap too. It's the only time silence is golden around here. All other times silence means I need to look for the babies and make sure they aren't breaking, maiming, or destroying something, haha ;) Raspberry has been taking Monster's toys for walks down the hall and across the living room. She's not 8 months yet. Determined should've been her middle name instead of Rose. It's a good quality to have nevertheless.

Whew - I have some blogs to catch up on and emails to get sent before this little beauty wakes. I hope y'all are enjoying your days :)

Cassi
Farmgirl #4371

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2012 :  7:56:25 PM  Show Profile
hi porchies,
I have to share a butterfly story. I got a bit sunburned this week...forgot sunscreen in my bag and well needless to say I was a bit burnt this weekend. Well I wore a shirt today that was a bit looser and it showed some of my red skin....My butterflies were like ooooh ouch and one little butterfly says Mrs Schroeder red is just not your color. I giggled as she gently hugged me she said I don't want to hurt you...too funny....they were good today. I believe they are beginning to realize Madame Butterfly will clip wings when needed out of love. I wondered what she would have said if my skin was purple...ahahhahahahahaha

hope yall had a great day. I will post pictures on Wednesday of my new tea gadget....I have bible study tomorrow
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Wings of Joy http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2012 :  10:08:05 PM  Show Profile
Hello Porchies,

Peeking in to say hi. I've been AWOL for a long time I know. So much to work out, so much to figure out, so much to do. God is GOOD, ALL THE TIME. So I decided today to start a blog. Never done anything like that before. I know a bunch of you do and I was hoping you might look at mine and then give me some ideas on how to make my page my own and how to make it look and sound good. I've never done anything like this before so this first entry is just a kind of introduction. I would so LOVE your input. www.inthemiddleofnowhereandcontent.blogspot.com

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2012 :  12:29:18 AM  Show Profile
HI Kimberly...went on your blog and enjoyed the honesty of your heart....and I am sure that other
women will too. All I can see that you need is some visual interest. Like the picture of you in your
wedding dress and gun is great. It tells a visual story all by itself. Add more pictures down the side
for your visual readers. Good Job! Hope you do better keeping yours current than I do. LOL

Madame Butterfly...well, I think that kind of "Red" looks pretty painful myself. Have to agree with
your little Butterfly. Cute Story! Keep sharing them as they come. Kids are so precious!

My four year old grand-daughter was sitting at the dinner table last week with the rest of the family
and just out of the blue she says, "I am just sitting here doing my own thing...so just everybody calm down." What triggered all that, I am not sure but I love hearing every funny and naughty things my two little darlens do or say.

Cassidy...the dancing sounds much more fun than the housework. I love a mother who knows that dancing and twirling are just as important (if not more so) than a clean house. YOU GO GIRL!!

I shocked my kids one day (when they were younger...3 boys) by starting a pancake fight in the kitchen.
We were clearing the table and all of a sudden I picked up a pancake and hit my oldest son in the head
with it. Boy, the fight was on then (after the stunned moment of silence). We had a blast!!!! I remember another time splashing through mud puddles with them. And I mean really splashing (getting everyone WET splashing.) Life is too short not to do those crazy fun things with your kids. They will talk about it
for years.

Angela...sounds like you had just an AWESOME TIME! What a good man you have.

Patsy...well, you know Mama must be really excited to call you twice. I think that is so cool that she
got the duplex. Now all the fun begins. Maybe Judy can help her downsize some more. Moving is sooooooo
good for that.

Tracy...will ya look at that adorable Montana Cheerleader Outfit. How fabulous is that. I bet your could
start a business making those for football fanatics. ~ Glad to have you back on the Porch.

My youngest son is still pretty sick...I am kind of wondering if the diagnosed him correctly.

Well, Ladies Im off for a bit of reading,
Sweet Dreams girls...
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2012 :  12:52:08 PM  Show Profile
Can you tell me how to add pictures to the sides? I think I can figure out how to put them in the actual entry but I don't see anything that allows me to put them on the sides.

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2012 :  12:58:14 PM  Show Profile
Shanda - I've been off the Porch for a spell so I'm not sure we've "met" but I just read a little bit about your situation and I wanted to send you a hug. I hurt for all involved. I'll be praying that somehow out of such a mess the Lord is glorified.

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

fromscratchhomemadelife
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Cassi
Western Middle TN
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2012 :  3:59:23 PM  Show Profile
Hey ladies!

I'm killing the few minutes before supper on here. The babies are playing with a book on the floor. My windows are all open and my house smells like pot roast...IT'S KILLING ME. I am so hungry right now. The downside to using the crockpot! haha!

Shanda - I have no clue how I missed your post yesterday. I missed several. I do not remember any of them being there when I posted. I'm so sorry for everything you've got going. My prayers are with you and everyone touched by this.

Peggy - I love the pancake fight! I'll have to use that one of these days. I definitely try to be more of a Mary than a Martha with the babies. These years pass too quickly. I will have plenty of time for a spotless house on down the road.

Tammy - How funny and sweet!! They are always so funny and sweet.

Angela - It sounds like you had a blast! I love kid stories.

Apparently my son thinks he's British y'all. Raspberry was climbing on something and he turned to her and said, "MISS EVIE! Oh, do be careful..." Whaaaaaat?! I have no clue where he got that from, but it was so stinkin' cute. He's been a wild thing today. I've done a lot of offering up and praying for those without children today on account of his behavior. I know they'd love a toddler of their very own. Makes me remember what's important. About an hour ago - he crawled up in my lap with his blanket and asked me to pat his back. Awwwwwww. He's not much of a cuddler anymore so I will take what I can get. Well - hubby should be pulling in any minute. I need to break up the kids. They are arguing over a cup, lol.

Hugs to all who need them!

Cassi
Farmgirl #4371

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2012 :  4:15:06 PM  Show Profile
I just have a few minutes. One more day of work, then I can , hopefully get some stuff done around here and do some crafting and sewing. I have a craft show Thanksgiving weekend.
I usually only work on Fridays, but son needed me these three days so he can unpack some of the stuff he got at all the auctions he has been going to. It is slowing down for the auctions now, so he stocked up for the winter. I try not to bring home too many things, but it is fun to be able to look at the stuff while working.
It was only in the 40s today and very windy. Feels like winter. It is raining a bit now, hopin g it does not turn to snow tonight. It is supposed to get down to 27, so it very well could snow. At least it will not stick yet. Would you believe it was 80 degrees 6 days ago? How things can change in a week.
Well, I will try to post more later,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2012 :  12:53:24 AM  Show Profile
Netty...glad you got your computer fixed...it is just the pits when you can't communicate with your "gal-pals" huh?

Kimberely...go to your set-up page (not the New Post page)
and you will find little boxes that will allow you to put pictures into for the right side of your Blog.

Cassi...talking about the Pancake Fight...I remember one time when I was in Jr. High and my little sister was in grade school; we always had to do the dinner dishes everynight but once my parents left the room one night...she scoops up a big spoonful of mashed-potatoes and acts like she is going to lop it in my face. I said, "Oh, you wouldn't dare!" *wrong thing to say! giggle*...she let it fly & got it in my hair... so I picked up a fist full of it smeared it into her face. Then we really ended up in a brawl...until my mom came back into the kitchen and knocked our heads together. Trust me...pancakes are easier to clean up. So lesson learned...pick your food fights carefully. LOL

Janet...I would end up bringing half the sons store home with me...if I were you. When I worked retail...that is exactly what I did. Half my paycheck went back into the store I swear. But it was fun!!!
We are finally suppose to get cooler weather starting Saturday...back down into the 70's

Well...today I stayed home all day (which is rare for me). Just putzed around doing nothing too exciting.
Then hubby and I went out to dinner later and for a nice evening ride.

I'm off now to read.
More tomorrow girls,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2012 :  10:25:37 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, I went and added pictures but for some reason it put them under the posts not beside them! Oh I'm hopeless!!!

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2012 :  11:04:30 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Gals for sharing in My&Mama's excitement? We took her to see it yesterday. She shocked the landlady(Melanie),who's 48,by hugging her when she came in and when we left. Mel says, oh she's a hugger, good. I'll know where to go on a bad day to raise my spirits...and by the way, I like chocolate chip cookies!" hahahaha Mel is a goofy,giggly,christian gal who isn't afraid to show it....especially since I told her right up front that I was Praying that we could get that apartment for Mama!
I have a story to tell you. I had to use the bathroom while I was there. The room is right off the kitchen and the rest of the apartment is at the other end of the house,which is where everybody else was.The bathroom has a double-fold door on it, which I have never seen the likes of before.When I tried to come back out,I couldn't get the door to work. I pulled&pulled. Then I hollered but nobody could hear me from the other end.So I pulled out my cell and called my hubby and he comes to my rescue, wondering what could be wrong. After all, he had just left me at the bathroom.So I told him to try o get me out.So, he (pulled)it open and stares at me blankly,like,what's the problem?/!
I said, I did push once or twice, but not hard. I mean, after all, I didn't want to break anything before Mom pays her first installment.Then I had Mom come inside with me ad see if she could open it. She just pushed on it and stared at me like, Is there a problem?hahaha Now why couldn't I do that and not create a scene? What in the world?....(my BIL is gonna have a field day with this story) lol So, they all got a good belly laugh outta that...figured you would too.
Tracy, I loved the Pom-Pom-Pup Cheerleader outfit. I agree with Peg. You have a great little money maker there. I see so much stuff at craft shows for pets, but never anything as nice as that!
Angela, glad you and hubby had a great day all to yourselves! Those rare treats are the best!
TLTammy, thanks for the cuppa rose tea and for the cute butterfly story.Love your sweet,little,darlin' butterflies(once they slow down)LOL Can't wait to see your tea gadget.Did you hire a butler???hahaha
Hi Kimberly, Welcome back! Loved your blog! That pic of you in your gown with your gun was hilarious!
I liked that you mentioned Sanctification.That's rarely spoken of anymore.I loved when our old-time Preacher at our Revivals spoke of it as "Eradication of the old man!"...so that Jesus could fill us with His Spirit to share with the world. Boy, that brings back memories!
I'm glad that somebody else had a Mom who banged heads together or bounced our heads off a wall. I thought Patsy & I were the only ones! hahaha I declare, That's what's wrong with my Sister to this day!(notice, I didn't say ME)hahaha Sometimes, while doing dishes, we'd chase each other around the table, trying to slap each other with the towels. Mom would catch us and say, "Those are for dishes, not bodies!" Then she'd grab our pony-tails and ~klonk~. It's funny now, but it wasn't then. I think that's why we had pony-tails back then. Handles for Mom! hahaha
Peg, my DH says that his family still likes to get into food fights...but in restaurants. WHAT!! Leave me outta those please! I'd be mortified! There are 5 of them.I think they know how I feel about that, so they are good around me.
Cassidy,I love my crockpot too.And you are right,it takes so long and it smells sooooo good! hahaha
I love what your son said. So cute!. Yea, they grow up so fast on us, take all the cuddle moments you can get!
Well, time to go get busy. I'm getting "Flat-Fanny" from this stool. hahahaha
Later Gators!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"

Edited by - herblady55 on Sep 19 2012 8:23:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2012 :  1:26:19 PM  Show Profile
Judy glad you mom got the place. As for food fights in restaurants, my ex, myself and about 4 others got in a food fight in a restaurant at about 11pm one evening in Santa Barbara CA. It was a pie fight and we sure made a mess. Then we went into the bathroom got a bunch of wet paper towels and cleaned up the area and left before anyone called the cops. In the late 1960's SB was a pretty uptight town.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2012 :  11:40:36 PM  Show Profile
Judy...your Mama is going to have to make you use the bathroom with the door left open...just so
you can get out without her having to come rescue you. LOL That was sooooooooooo funny! Sounded like
something I would do. Ha Ha! My husband always says that I can get lost just coming off an elevator. ~ Oh, I am with you girlfriend...I would HATE food fights in public.
I would get soooo embarassed. My mama would have beat my rearend if I ever did anything like that
in a Restaurant. No, I was a good girl. That is why my little sister always called me the family "Angel".
I didn't want to do anything to tick my parents off. Especially my mom! She was a "Force" to reckon with.

Kimberly...you are NOT hopeless. It just takes practice. It looks like you are using my same Blog Format...click on mine and see that I can post pictures in the main body and on the side. Maybe that
will help you figure out what you need to do. I don't know.

Cherime...well in the late 60's you were probably a teenager and we all know we did foolish things
as teenagers with raging hormones....and boredom. Ha Ha! I had some friends that opened the salt
and pepper shakers and dumped them all over the table and floors in an A & W and I couldn't beat my
feet out that door fast enough. I didn't want anyone to think I made that mess. Or was with the boys who did. I know...I was a goodie
two shoes and proud of it! LOL

Got my Laundry done tonight, including my bedding. I get to go crawl into nice clean fresh sheets...don't you
just love that feeling??? I do! Nothing better. Just wish I could have hung my Quilt out side on a clothes
line while I washed the bedding...as there was a great breeze out there today. Oh what? I don't have a clothes line! I knew there was
a reason why I couldn't air out that quilt.

OK where is Bunny, Shanda, Julie, Miss Miranda, Nan (I think we lost her with her move) and our other
MIA Porchies. Goodness Me Girls The Posse could seriously get lost having to go all over the Country rounding Ya'll Up. Whew!

Guess what? I was half way through a book called "White Lies" and I was liking it even though it was pretty strange in some ways. But the whole thing was about this woman who tells a white lie because she fears this guy that she felt sorry for and picks up in a really bad rain storm. Well, it ends up that they both turn out to be Teachers in the same school...and her one little white lie has just caught up with her in the face of all the other faculty,and as all lies go...she has to cover that first lie, by another lie and another lie and another lie (you can see where this is going). But then this young guy teacher who had been hitchhiking turns out to be a
real creepy kind of guy in his personal life but a very good teacher. Well, the female in the story who is the main character tries to avoid this guy at all costs because everytime she is around him...she ends up burying herself in more lies. But then one day she meets and falls for this gorgeous guy that she bumped into at
the hardware store....well I could see right away, that this gorgeous guy was going to turn out to be 'the real creep' and the creepy guy would turn out to be more normal than they were making him out to be. Well, then Mr. Gorgeous ends up killing an old man (kind of accidently/but kind of not...let's just say in a fight gone terribly wrong) and wants to hide his body making it look like he died in a car accident because Mr. Gorgeous was already on the run from the cops and he begins to make this gal an accomplice to murder to protect her lies and now his lies....I just got so mad at the story line that I felt like throwing the book across the room because you could see that it was going to get brutally ugly from there on out....but then I remembered it was on my Kindle Fire (can't throw that!) I hate when I can see the handing writing on the wall but I have invested so much time into the book already (1/2 way into it)...but I just couldn't keep reading it. I want to be entertained when I read...not grossed out. So,I removed the book from my Kindle and started a nice Amish Story...can't go wrong with one of those books. They are always predictably the same...but always gentle and sweet reads. And I figured It will help wash the "gutter-clutter" from my brain. Man oh Man...can any of you readers relate????

Ok, I'm off to the gentler, kinder READ. Sweet Dreams!

Hugs and Loves,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 20 2012 12:06:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2012 :  08:04:50 AM  Show Profile
Actually I do relate to your feelings about that book. Who needs more trash. I have one book that I am going to finish as it quite likely will turn out ok. But I am getting pretty quick at page turning on the old Kindle I inherited.
And I was a real goody two shoes until I met my ex.
Judy, that is the reason I do not own a gas chain saw. No matter what I do the dratted things will not start for me. But an electric, all I have to do is plug it in and press the button.
Kim, there has to be an online tutorial for that somewhere. I certainly would make a search for it.
Alright ladies smell the aroma of big fat cinnamon buns covered in thick icing and report! ;>))
Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page