Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 663

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2012 :  11:53:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dianne- I emailed you my address

Kimberly- HI! Been wondering how life is going for you.

Judy- I'm glad I was sitting down when I read "I have a small mouth, too." ROFL! I don't think you can be on the porch unless you are yappy. Thanks for brightening my day.

I will catch up more later. DH is "fixing" my bike so I shouldn't leave him unsupervised for long.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BitsofEntropy?ref=si_shop
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6424 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6424 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2012 :  12:07:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

These are what car eyelashes look like girls! Aren't they cute?????
I am just girly enough to love them!!! If a tractor can be sexy...then so can
my VW Bug with eyelashes. LOL

Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2422 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2422 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2012 :  12:21:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peggy, I have seen those on a bug here and laughed so hard, but I do have to admit, they are cute!!!!! My hubby would never allow them though.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2012 :  5:05:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone!
Peggy, those car eyelashes are adorable!
Bunny, sounds like a successful day for you!
Teacher Tammy, did you start school too? We started school around the same time it seems!
Welcome to all of the new Porchies! Hugs to everyone!
The first week of school was successful. I think this year is going to challenge me in new ways, which is exciting and a little daunting at the same time!
Today was a very relaxing day. After church I went to see my grandparents, which is always good! Now to finish weekend homework and spend time with my Mom before the school week starts!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

.Linz.
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

Lindsey
Shippensburg Pennsylvania
USA
118 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2012 :  04:54:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, Peggy, I hope you can get those lovely lashes for your Bug! Also, I forgot to respond to your question about the soap - we don't have any to sell right now, but when we do I'll list some in our Etsy shop and let you know, if you wish. :)

What are everyone's plans for the day? I have a work meeting later today and officially start work tomorrow. I work at a before & after school program/daycare. I'm looking forward to going back to work and seeing the kids again. Then I think I'll run to the feed store and see what they have in the way of scratch grains for the chickens - they free-range anyway so we want to switch from laying mash to letting them scratch for most of what they need, supplementing with some whole or cracked/rolled grains and giving them back their eggshells and making sure they have oyster shells to take care of their calcium needs. After that I'll go to BB's, a discount bent-and-dent store and see if they have anything good - lately I've been able to find things like Burt's Bees and other natural body care products, organic foods, Larabars, etc. at very good prices. Hopefully today's visit will be successful. Then it's back home to do normal homey stuff. :) So - I'd better get going!

"Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds." - Prov. 27:23
Go to Top of Page

MtnGrlByTheBay
True Blue Farmgirl

171 Posts

Erin
Lexington Park MD
USA
171 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2012 :  06:06:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning Again, Ladies. UGH, it's Monday, and I'm having a hard time getting focused enough to even formulate a TODo List. My weekend was way to short.

My DH had a talk with one of the back-seat coaching parents from our son's football game. They are going to remind all the parents to "encourage, but not coach" from the sidelines. I really hope this helps. We've coached flag football for the past few years, but this is the first year, we've joined this Tackle football league. Football in this county is just plagued with bad karma. The leagues fight with each other, create lawsuits, bring out skeletons, and just never seem to find a way to be professional enough to set good examples "for the kids." It frustrates me so. My DH just LOVES football. He LOVES that our younger son enjoys the game too. It does him good to coach, and he's one of the few who truly enjoys the KIDS, more than winning. Other parents compliment him too, so I don't even have to be biased. I just wish the rest of the coaches and league officials could act that way. With all the bad mojo, it may be doubtful if we repeat a season, and that is just sad.

I did manage to put in the new doggy door. Boy, I swear, "Nothing is Ever Simple." Of course, the new door was slighly smaller than the old door's hole. Same opening size, but the frame was smaller. So, then I think about using some sort of trim around the frame, but that was going to be a problem, because there are panels in the bottom half of the door, so it's not completly flat. If I did moulding, I'd have to get really skilled at using my jigsaw to make the moulding sink in around the panels. SO - I looked at some of my leftover plywood, and decided to just cover the whole paneled part with that. I had enough for both the inside and out, and could cut out openings for the doggy door. No, it wouldn't be all that pretty, but it's just a basement door anyway. With some white paint and some trim moulding, it'll look fine. The two sides of the doggy door didn't butt up against each other exactly like they should, but I can seal the small gap with some white duct tape, and again, it'll not be super pretty, but it'll work, and make it a bit more weather tight. DH said he'd do the painting next weekend, so that's cool, as I really don't like to paint. The new door's a lot more efficient than the old one, so I'm glad I can check this task off my list.

I went to the PTA meeting, and was pleased that our acting president, actually ACTED like a president. FINALLY, he kept us on task, and didn't let us diverge off on to other topics. We have a plan for "Back to School Night" and I'm eager to get our plans put into action. I actually have my BS in Elem Ed, but no longer teach. I really want to help the teachers, but it's tough to find ways for WORKING parents to help them. I thought about organizing some way parents could help teachers with cutting things out or grading spelling tests, but that was negated, because we have a central location now, that does all the copying and cutting for teachers, and parents can't help with any sort of grading because of confidentiality. Understood. The teacher liaison tells me they just want help with things that cost money - like National Geographic for Kids magazines. That's cool, but it's early in the year and tough to raise money just yet. I wanted to find ways of HELPING that don't require hundreds of dollars. UGH.

I bought some oatmeal yesterday. I WILL find time to make some no-bake oatmeal cookies this week! Leftover oatmeal will be a nice treat for my hens. I feel so bad for them. They've spent a lot of time in their roost lately because we've had SO MUCH rain. I open the door so they can go out and free range, but they don't like to when it's so wet - apparently.

Peggy, do the lashes. Enjoy them. They can always come off later, right? Hey, I had those little stick figure people on the back of my van for a while. Everyone teased me about them, but I didn't care. In fact, if I had a big ol' truck of my own.... I think I'd put the eyelashes on it, just to be really crazy!

Pam, did you actually COVER the shade? It's a great idea! I'm wondering though... what if you actually REPLACED the shade with fabric that was stiffened somehow? Some sort of starch or iron on backing? Might have to sew two sides, but it might turn out pretty cool.

Judy, I have three dogs... and a few other critters. Thanks for asking! There's a link to our family website in my siggy, and I have a whole photo album of the critters.... but not of the hens... have to put that on my task list! Our critter family includes a boxer, a boston terrier and a "shar-pug." We also have a DSH cat, who is a wonderful rodent huntress. We have a male and a female beta (separate bowls), and 6 hens (1 Rhode Island Red, 1 Black Australorpe, 2 Blue Laced Red Wyandottes, a white Silkie, and an ugly Easter Egger/Americauna).

Bunny, my SIL quilts and teaches classes. She lives in Wyoming. She really enjoys it, but yes, it takes a lot of time. And thanks for the tea advice. I prefer my tea cold - true coffee drinker here - but will have a cup on occasion, especially if I have a sore throat. Rest is my best weapon, but my family knows that when I need it, I REALLY need it!

Ruthie, housing changes are always tough. Some people hate to move, and others love a fresh start - frequently. Few people are ever in the middle. I too, love old cookie cutters - but I seldom bake cookies! I just love the nostalgia they offer, and the memories they surface of some quality "Mom & Me" time as a kid. Did you find any?

Ok, I suppose I've monopolized the conversation here on the porch this morning. My coffee mug's empty, so that's my cue to get my brain earning my keep for a few hours!

Enjoy the day, beauties! Find something good about it, no matter how small. I want to hear about it tomorrow right here on the porch.

^^^I'm a RidgeRunner, and will always feel best when surrounded by the PA mountains.^^^

lastlapgang.com
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2012 :  06:25:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Erin - I just sewed up the material so no raw edges were showing, & then hot glued the material onto the blind. It isn't quite wide enough, but it works, and looks nice with the curtains closed up against it. The material was rather crooked apparently, but it works for me. And it's not bulky that it doesn't roll up. Granted, it's not pretty when it's rolled up lol, but it does roll up & my blind isn't up a whole lot anyways. What a hot glue gun can't do?! lol

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2012 :  09:39:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pam, that sounds pretty!

Peggy, your car is so cute now I want to hug it.

Dianne, can we help at all?

Yes, things are happier here with a happy Ric. I am not so happy though--I went in to finish my dental work today, and the paperwork was all screwed up! Argh!

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6424 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6424 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2012 :  10:49:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning My Lovelies....

Just so ya all know, that was not a picture of my Bug, that was a PT Cruiser with
the eyelashes. I did however order my eyelashes for the bug...they will be here on
Thursday. They also have Purple Crystal Eyeliner. How cute is that???? I told my
DH...I ordered them...and he didn't faint or anything. LOL So, I think I'm good!

Well, youngest son and I are headed to a coffee shop to hang together and do a little
work on our computers. I will be on later to share my day.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

.Linz.
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

Lindsey
Shippensburg Pennsylvania
USA
118 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2012 :  11:34:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well... all those plans I had? Yeah, didn't happen. The work meeting ended up being like 3 hours long and by that time I needed to get back home... ah well there's always another day!

"Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds." - Prov. 27:23
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2422 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2422 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2012 :  11:58:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Am running slow today, which I knew I would. I did manage to get a load of laundry done, then went thrifting, but did not find anything. I am trying to get a pair of mittens knit, but that is going pretty slow also. I guess I just need time to recoup. Yesterday I ended up making a baked chicken with mashed potaoes and gravy and cream corn. It was so good, especially to have home cooked food again!LOL!!! Plus I did a load of laundry. Tomorrow will be better, I am sure.
Hope all you gals have a great day,
Jan

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3375 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3375 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2012 :  12:18:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Netty, I read back and I'm still LOL at that goose"goosing' your cat.Bet he watches his....err...back?...after that. hahaha ummmm...did I miss what a soap scrimage is?
Pam, I loved the window shade idea. Thanks for sharing that.
BunnyBunnyBunny, you are just so BusyBusyBusy!hahahaha That's our Bunny! Always hopping to!*giggle*
Tammy,Would love to see your "Homey"pics when you get that camera going.
Thanks ya'll for all the well wishes for Mama&Me! We are both getting better little by little.
Julie, Small mouths just have to yammer faster, that's all...don't we Peg?LOL
Hey Peg, Don't they carry those lashes at car parts places? Do they have to be ordered?One thing for sure, you'll have no trouble finding your car in a parking lot. Around here we have a lot of silver beetles. I tried to get into the wrong one once at WallyWorld and Mama did it once too. Too funny. We cackled like old hens all the way home. Silly girls! *giggle*
Erin, you have quite a group of critters there. Have you ever raised Beta's? I've had 2 males before(seperated of course)but never had a female. They're such a pretty,colorful fish.
A shar-pug has to be cute. I'll have to go look at your pics. I love your ridge-runner siggy. Mama is from W.VA, so we understand that nic-name.hahaha
Well, we have been having soft rains today off&on/low 80's. Love that on a Summer-Monday.
I think I need a nap now.*giggle*
LaterGators!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
Go to Top of Page

Netty
True Blue Farmgirl

379 Posts

Lynette
Hardy Nebraska
USA
379 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2012 :  2:49:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello girls,

I went to church yesterday, really enjoyed that. Then after dinner I made and canned salsa all afternoon. I ended up with 29 pints and they look so pretty. So I think I am done canning for the year. I am so ready to rest now, but I really did enjoy canning this year. I guess because I wanted to not had to.

Ok girls, I was going to explain what a soap scrimmage was when I wrote about it, now I know I should have.
Our football team divides up equally and plays against each other, more or less it is to get them ready for the real season. That's the scrimmage and the soap part is we, the spectators have to pay to get in with soap or sport drinks and this goes to the the boys to use in the locker room. So that is what a soap scrimmage is.

Erin....the schools are always wanting money for something. This year my son needed $70.00 for class dues and other classes that have like a lab fee for supplies and stuff. It is so crazy!!

Do any of you ever have the problem that your fingers start acting like they want to do things their way. I don't know how many times I have had to go back and correct my mikstales, see what I mean. It gets very aggravating after awhile.

Peggy....my bible study is put out by Gospel Light. They have a whole series that covers a lot of issues. We really have enjoyed the differnt ones we have done. We have a small group of women, most of the time there is only 5 of us, but we all have gotten very close to each other.

Pam....I think you have a great idea there with the shade and your material is so pretty and goes well with your curtain. I learn so much from all of you talented women. I am one big bubble ready to pop because I can't do all of the things that I want to do and I think about it all of time. Now that I am done canning I am going, Ok should I sew, crochet, embroidry. I don't know just yet but I will let you all know when I do.

Bunny....it sounds like your quilting class had a lot of fun and you picked up a new job as well. How wonderful for you, wasn't you afraid everyone would not understand your work? Well it sounds like there were some women that loved your work. Good luck with it all.

Judy....so glad you are feeling better. I tell you being sick in the summer is the pits. It's bad enough in the winter. Speaking of winter, we have really cooled down here in the middle states. Some evenings you can go outside and work up a good shiver or two. We are riding in the 80's right now and it is wonderful after having 100's for so long. Just need some rain now, we are still so dry here.

Well girls I'm thinking that is just about all I got for now.

You all take care

Netty
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3375 Posts

Judy
USA
3375 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2012 :  3:35:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
......oh yea.....forgot to mention that I went to evening church at the new place and really enjoyed it. It was more like a Bible study. We went into a large room(not the chapel)with an attached kitchenette and casually sat at big round tables, sung a couple of songs, prayed and then the preacher started an interactive discussion on the book of Philemon. Started at 6PM, done by 6:45. Wow!
I ain't use to that(as my BIL likes to say)! It was mostly older people, but I like being around them and their wisdom, and booooy are they sharp when it comes to their Bible. We looked at that tiny chapter from ALLLL angles. I loved it! *giggle*
Well, I had a sweet tooth attack this afternoon,so I made my Moms Oat Candy(ya'll call it no bake cookies) Mama always tells people, " If ya didn't bake it, it's candy...oat candy!" That's my Mama! *giggle* Of course I have to monkey with it and Judy-ize it to make me happy. I use less sugar, added coffee crystals, extra P.B.,raisins and sunflower seeds. Now it's more like a power bar.(sorry Mama)
Help yourselves...it really is chewy and tasty! Oh, I made a pot of Choice organic Japanese Twig tea to go with!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2012 :  6:39:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just thought I'd hop on before I do homework!
Erin, a warm welcome to you! I hope things with your son's football league get better. It's not fun when parents get so serious and a little too involved. And it sounds like your husband is a good coach if other parents are complimenting him!
Alyce, I hope your dental work was pain free!
Peggy, I'm excited to see what the lashes look like when you put them on!
Netty, homemade canned salsa sounds good right now! Yum!
Judy, that sounds like a good church! And I will help myself to some cookies! Thanks for offering:-)
Another normal day of school. That's crazy to be saying that and having it only be the fourth day of school. :/ But I'm enjoying my classes and learning, so it's all good! Another blessing I forgot to tell y'all about! I got my job that I applied for at the local grocery store! I'm very excited! It's been a great day, and I hope everyone has wonderful Tuesdays!
Megan

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1459 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1459 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2012 :  7:05:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peggy
those eyelashes are too darn cute...gotta love them.

Just popping in for a moment. Have some papers to grade and then having a cup of tea and reading a book.
hope you all had a great day
love to you all
tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Wings of Joy http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6424 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6424 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2012 :  12:02:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
CONGRATULATIONS MISS MEGAN....on the new job!!! Have you started yet? What will you be doing exactly?
I am so excited for you *doing cartwheels*!!!

Judy...so happy that you enjoyed the Sunday Night Bible Study. Like I say...they know how to teach the
word of God...very indepth (which is good). ~ Glad that you and your mama are doing better. It is the pits to be down sick in the Summer. ~ You got back on here...now Patsy is gone meandering. I'm
goinna have to hog-tie you two girls to the Porch Railing...I'm thinken. LOL

Teacher Tammy...glad you found your camera! Hope your week started off well at school. I have such lazy
easy days compared to you working girls. I feel very blessed and spoiled. I can sit out on my Porch
every day with my dog and just enjoy watching all my neighbors. Do my housework when I want...not when I
have to. Go hang out with my son when he calls. Today we went to the newly remodeled Starbucks at our
Mall here in town...took our computers and each got some work done. Then I came back home and took a nap.
All my days just kind of go like that...and I enjoy it. I had many years of working outside the home...so
now I enjoy my life of leisure. Hee Hee! Maybe a little too much!

Netty...I am very familiar with the Gospel Light Studies. I use to sell them in the Christian Bookstore
that I managed. (both bookstores) They do a very well rounded overview of the Bible. Not as indepth as
some...but very good studies non the less. My mom's bible study group uses those too.

Janet...it is probably pretty hard to knit mittens when the weather is hot...isn't it? That is why my granny square afghan is tucked in the closet. I need cooler weather to even want to work on putting
it together. ~ Your dinner sounded good...baked chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy. Tonight I made
sloppy joes for my husband. His favorite! But I made nacho's out of it for myself. I haven't had
nacho's for about 3 years and they tasted soooooo good. It was hard not to over indulge, but I didn't.

Lindsey...it use to always frustrate me when I have a bunch of things planned that I want to accomplish and non of it
ends up happening. The older I get though, the better I handle it. I always, shrug my shoulders now and
say, "Oh, well...what ever I don't get checked off today's To Do List...will wait for me tomorrow." Nobody is else going to do it that's for sure. LOL

OK...sweet dreams my lovelies I'm off for a little read and then nighty-night.

blessings and hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 28 2012 12:08:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2422 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2422 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2012 :  06:52:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Magan!!!!!! I am sure you will do just great with your new job. Glad school is going good for you.
Judy, glad you and mom are feeling better. I never had shingle, but never know if and when I will get them. I know there is a vaccine for them, but my insurance does not cover any shots and they are expensive.
Tammy, can't wait to see pictures of your new place. Glad school is going well for you so far.
I will check back in later. Have a great day,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2012 :  08:04:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning!!!

Today is my day off, so I decided to sleep in a bit. Normaly this doesn't happen, I'm not a very good sleeper-in. Actually sleeping and me have not gotten along very well. The last week and a half I've been fighting a fibro flare, so I have gotten very little sleep and needed to crash, and thankfully my body finally did! It was very lovely waking up and seeing the sun already up, then smiling and rolling back over to snooze some more.

Then there was banging at my front door. I had to jump up and throw on a robe. It was the plumber, I forgot he was coming this morning to fix an issue with our tub. Poor man felt bad for getting me up, and I started to feel guilty for appearing lazy! Then I remembered, I've had a hard week and there is nothing shameful about catching up on my sleep. So I sat down and knitted while he worked. Knitting seemed a good thing to do, it kept me from running around the house straighting up like a mad, crazied, guilty woman....and I had to go potty pretty bad (remember I just got up) and the poor plumber was in my only bathroom. So I knitted.

When he was finished, I (in my robe, hair a mess and knitting in hand) smiled grandly, said thank you, watched him walk out to his truck, then made a bee line for the bathroom! Ha!

Now I am dressed, I'm having my coffee and catching up with the web world. Then I'll tie on my apron and clean house. My DD loves to sleep in too, infact she missed the whole plumber production. But, she has schooling to do, so I guess I'll go poke her!

Hope ya'll have a wonderful day!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2376 Posts

Bunny
The Dalles OR
USA
2376 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2012 :  08:44:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Megan, good for you and your new job! I know you will do great.

Tammy, want to see pictures of your new house! Sounds like you are getting settled into the house and school.

Shanda, love the plummer story. Good thing he wasn't there all day.

Had a hard time sewing yesterday. Nothing was going together right. I kept forgetting steps. So I gave it up early. Had an interesting thing happen yesterday. I think my angels had to do a bit of overtime.
With my truck broken down I had to leave my two big tables behind after my quilt class. I asked the sewing machine shop I teach at if they could take them to the shop afterwards and they essentially said no. But offered to help me find someone else who could. The local quilt shop owner said she would take them back to her shop for me. So monday my friend with a large suv took me to the quilt shop to get my tables. The owner wasn't there but the quilt class coordinator for the show was working for her. The president of the guild was there and they were discussing paying the quilt show bills and I asked when they were going out. The coordinator said "didn't I give you a check on Saturday" I said no. She then called the treasurer and had the old check voided and asked her to send me a new one. I really need this money as I have no other income. So the jist of it all is, if I had not had to leave my tables behind, and the sewing machine store had taken them instead of the quilt shop, and... If the owner had been there instead of the coordinator, I would have been waiting forever for this money I needed badly for bills and she would have not known I didn't get my check. So I think my angels had some fast maneuvering to do so it would all work out.
Amazing how things come together.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile
Fabric www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2422 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2422 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2012 :  09:57:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So glad you found out about the check, Bunnny. That would have been awful if you had to wait and find out it was not there. Angels were watching over you.
I just got done making 4 loaves of zucchini bread, so help yourselves,fresh out of the oven. I finally got caught up on my laundry, now the housecleaning. I am hoping to get to some craft projects next week.
Have a great day,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3375 Posts

Judy
USA
3375 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2012 :  12:34:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Megan, so happy that you got that job. I'm like Peg....curious to know what you'll be doing...cashier, stocking shelves, deli...?
Peg, it tickles me to hear a fellow-leisure-lover tell about how we worked so hard in our young years and now we don't have to,or in my case, with back problems, couldn't if I wanted too!I also love when DH is off, like today, and we can sit out on the patio(oh...with Rascal too) *giggle* and drink coffee and read the paper, magazines,books and just chat and watch the birdies at the feeders and birdbath.(Rascal made me add that lsat part)heehee. I feel so Blessed!!
Shanda, thanks for the giggle about your morning. Sounds like something that would happen to me, just when I thought I'd gotten away with something.heehee
Bunny, thanking your Angels too! Things like that never cease to amaze me!
Janet, thanks for the hot slice of bread. mmmmm....now I need a hot spot of tea! *giggle*
LaterGators!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2012 :  6:03:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone!
Peggy, thanks for the cartwheels! And thanks to Judy, Bunny, and Janet for the congratulations! My specific title is cashier/bagger, which could also include bringing in the carts from the parking lot. Not exactly white collar, but it's the experience that counts for me!
Shanda, sounds like you had at least a pretty good day off!
Bunny, praise the Lord that everything worked out for you! I'm happy that happened to you!
Another day at school, nothing new! I do hope everyone had a great day, and that tomorrow is fabulous for all!
Megan

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2422 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2422 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2012 :  6:26:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Megan, Your job will give you experience for a better job down the road. It is a good place to start. Good for you. How many days will you be working?
I am hoping to get some work done outside tomorrow, since it is still nice weather. I am ready to clean out my garden and collect seeds from my flowers that are done blooming. It will be good to get some of that fresh air, since it is feeling like fall now.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3375 Posts

Judy
USA
3375 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2012 :  8:15:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's turning into "Wild-Kingdom" around here. We had a skunk walk right out in the open one night last week just about 20 feet away from us and Rascal, sitting on our patio. I made a hissing noise at it and it turned right back around and made tracks.Then tonight a raccoon came out of the same area(between garage&shed)and Rascal saw it first...again.*giggle* I hissed at it and it turned around and left(I thought). Then in 5 minutes it peeked around the tree and I said to Dave, "There it is again",and it pulled it's head in around the tree. Then 15 seconds later it peeped coyly at us around the other side of the tree, and slowly recoiled again. I had to laugh that time. It acted like if it moved slowly then we wouldn't see it. lol Pretty soon it streaked(as much as a butterball raccoon can streak)accross the yard, out into the street and toward the woods. Then when we came inside(because it was just all poor Rascal could stand for tonight) hahaha He just wondered what it was! I shone my spotlight out the upstairs window looking to see if the coon came back, and low-and-behold, there was that skunk digging maddly in the garden. There's nothing out there unless he likes tomatoes,since we didn't put a garden in this year and all we have are last years volunteers.
I think I'll just sell tickets for our Zoo. hahaha Dave said we are going to Tractor Supply tomorrow and see if we can buy some coyote or fox urine or something like that to scare them away.
Just thought I'd share our relaxing? evening on the patio with yuns! Knew you'd get a kick out of it.
G'Nite!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 663 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page