Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2012 :  06:25:26 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, any day is a good day for a picnic on the porch. I am still waiting for my tomatoes to ripen, then look out!!! My all time favorite tomato sandwiches.
Looks like we may get some more much needed rain, we shall see.
Gotta get going. I will catch up with all of you later. Have a great day,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2012 :  11:11:37 AM  Show Profile
Boy it sure was quiet on the porch this weekend. Hopefully because everyone was out having fun! I sewed all weekend. Had fun of course.

I have my interview tonight at 6pm, Wednesday I'm meeting with my college advisor to go over classes for the next year, Thursday mom has surgery on her foot to remove a screw...yeah say it.. she has a screw loose big time. Friday is my appointment with my bankruptcy attorney to finalize everything before she files. I so want to get that over with.
My youngest son got a second job at Panda Express. So happy for him. But he also got his first ticket for not stopping all the way at a stop sign I think. He is pretty bummed. I told him, it happens to all new drivers and be thankful it was just a ticket and not an accident. When his brother started driving he took out another car when he pulled out from a stop sign. The sun was in his eyes and he didn't see the other car. Thankfully my truck just got a dent. The other car was almost totaled. He felt better with that info.

The weather has been beautiful. Not too hot and cool at night. I prop the kitty door open at night to get some air (it's right by my bed).

Peggy, sounds like you had a wonderful but tiring visit in Seattle. Have fun spoiling those granddaughters. They grow up fast. Hope you mend up soon. I am mailing your flowers today.

Love the tomato sandwiches! I like to add jack cheese and some basil leaves myself.

Off to do some sewing to calm the pre-interview nerves.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile
Fabric www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2012 :  11:54:52 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies! I haven't ever been postin' on the front porch and I've been a farmgirl for 4 years...ummmm...that's shameful. Just thought I'd jump on in and let ya'll know that today has been a beautiful day to sit on my porch in the shade. Lovely cool breeze and giggles of delight heard from my kids swimming in the pond.

This morning I unearthed my very neglected tomato plants and even found 4 basil plants that I thought were a lost cause.

My puppy got into a box of paper towels and enjoyed them so much that he decided to decorate our side yard with them...lol! Awwww...the joys of puppies!

Hope ya'll are enjoying your Monday!

~Hugs,
April

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2012 :  12:37:27 PM  Show Profile
April...WELCOME!!! ROFL at the puppy decorations!!! LOL...snicker...too cute! Gotta love the little stinker anyhow! hahaha
Peg, I will tell Patsy that you are ready to send out yer Porch-Possey! She'll beat it here then, I gaurantee ya! LOL
Good to hear that we are all having better weather than that awful heat/humidity that we were all having. We've been mid 80's for a few days now. Much, MUCH better. hahaha
Just thought I'd tell on myself and say that I usually take bandanana-scarves as napkin/bibs with me when we go out to eat. BUT for
some silly reason I can't remember to grab them on the way out the door lately. And my DH slops food on his shirt EVERY time he eats. Dunno why, but it's gauranteed! Bandananas are great because they come in fun colors and prints and are folded flat to fit in my purse.
And I use them instead of paper napkins/paper towels at my kitchen table too! Just throw them in the wash and use again.
BUT...they don't help me out if I forget to grab them. Today the slip-slop was duck egg yolk. ~~ugh~~ The little diner we went to had duck eggs on the menu, so naturally I had to have them. I love the richness of duck eggs and DH had never had them before.
BUT...PLEASE....not on the shirt. It just makes more work for me on laundry day! hahahaha
I told you all that just to let you know that we ALL forget the important stuff at one time or another. hahaha It's just gonna happen!
Well, gonna go wash some curtains....and the slip-slop shirt! hahahaha
Later Porch-Buds!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2012 :  6:54:25 PM  Show Profile
Bunny, hope your interview went well. There is a CPA office here looking for workers to train. That would be right up your alley.
Peggy, Oh my, to be able to see the girls again so soon. I am sure the birthday party was a big hit. Glad you were able to go.
April, welcome to the porch!!!!! We always have room for one more farmgirl. We eat alot here, but it is all calorie free. Sounds like you have a lively puppy there. They are so fun aren't they?
Judy, you are always so funny. You keep us laughing. Makes the day feel good with such happy go lucky stories.
It was supposed to rain, but we only got a sprinkle, then it bypassed us.Just enough to make it more humid again. It got really windy though, and knocked down our canopy and bent the poles, so we had to take thay down and put it away.Now the yard looks so much bigger. Back to using the umbrella again.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1414 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1414 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2012 :  8:01:18 PM  Show Profile
So glad to come to the porch and see that everyone is doing well. As for me Im just upset with life right now nothing will go together. It's depressing me. Just don't want to bring everyone down. So please just pray for me.
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2012 :  8:44:14 PM  Show Profile
Ruthie, sorry you are down. I'll send good thoughts your way. Know we are here for you. Sometimes writing out helps. I don't always have someone to talk to and I come here and let it all out.

My interview went well I think. Not sure if I will actually have a job just yet. I need to finish school to have the knowledge I think I need to do what they need. But he said they might not need anyone for a year . He wants to replace someone but isn't sure just how soon. I told him no matter what I have to finish my next year for my AA. I suggested an internship to get a feel for the office. Regardless he said he would keep in touch and he gets people asking for referrals for accounting jobs all the time. I'm glad I'm not desperate for a job. I'm kind of hoping he can wait until I graduate or bring me on as an intern for now. We will see.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2012 :  9:00:38 PM  Show Profile
Good evening ladies,
I just wanted to pop in before bed and say we got the house today...I have keys! Taped rooms for painting tomorrow. We have one week to get out of our house so the people who bought it can move in...we close with them on August 8. I am so excited...even in chaos...

Bunny glad your interview went well.

Ruth sorry you are down
Welcome April...always lovely to have another join us

Peggy did I read you sent out the porch possey...YIKES!!!! I will try to check in before we shut down internet and things. When I find the camera that is packed will take a picture.

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Wings of Joy http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2012 :  01:06:32 AM  Show Profile
Good Evening Ladies...
I sure have been enjoying the Olympics so far. Even if the U.S.
doesn't always win Gold or Silver...I love watching all the competing of all Countries. If we can all come together in a Spirit of Peace and Competition for several weeks every few years...then why not World Peace Always???? I think if Mother's had their way their would be no more wars period. Don't you agree?

Shanda...wow, how you going to do with empty nest for an entire week? LOL I would enjoy it while you can girl.

Bunny...sounds like the interview went well even though you both found out that you probably need to finish your AA first. It is always good to have future options and to know that there is a place you can go back to for a possible position.

I did have a Wonderful time with my grand-daughters. It was so fun to see the youngest Naomi toddling all over the place. Mom and Dad are going to be extra busy now that she is walking. She has such a curious mind.

I will let you know when the flowers arrive.

April...Welcome to The Porch girl. I can't believe you haven't found us before. It is one of the best places to be to enjoy fun fellowship, calorie free food and some fun down to earth sharing. So come back often and get to know us and let us get to know you.
Sounds like you had a lovely Summer Day on your own Porch today...from children giggling and having fun...to puppy play...awe the JOYS of SUMMER! And Memories...Priceless!

Judy...I think you had a few too many ana's in your bandanas. LOL It reminded me of my little sister when she was young...she use to try to say "Aluminum" but she could never figure out how to close it off she would in up saying "Aluminumnumnumnum" and then we would all start laughing. I loved your idea of using them for napkins. They are kind of hard to find around here. Where do you buy them at? I have never had duck eggs...that intrigued me too.
I need to wash a few slip-slop shirts too.
I think the older I have gotten...I must have a hole in my lower lip because I am always messing on my shirt. LOL

Janet...it was delightful to be with my two little Angel Girls again so soon.
And in three weeks I will be going back up there to watch the girls while their mommy and daddy make the move into their new house.
Boy it sure has been the summer for people to move hasn't it?

I have been wondering how our Nan is doing on her move as she hasn't checked in for awhile.

Ruthie dear...sorry to hear that you feel down and a tad frustrated with life right now. We are here for you...just like Bunny said. Don't worry about getting us down (you won't) and sometimes you just need to voice whats bugging you and get it off your chest. It does help!!! Trust Us!

Teacher Tammy...3 Cheers...you actually closed and have your keys in hand! How exciting!!!! Good luck on the painting girl. That is one job that nobody in my family is good at doing....at least my husband, my self and our youngest son are all the Worlds worst indoor house painters. We are living proof that some people should call on professionals instead of doing the job themselves. We can make the worst messes with paint that you ever saw or thought possible. LOL Funny but true!

Well, we have an early morning tomorrow for dog grooming and then back to spray these carpets for fleas. This carpet had fleas when we moved in and we found out the hard way...with both the dog and myself getting bit by the little buggers. I wish I could go for grooming and a flea treatment tomorrow too. LOL

More later girls.

hugs and smiles,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2012 :  08:35:34 AM  Show Profile
Looks like my empty nest is going to be filled with a teenager. My GDD cannot go back to Oregon as the "friend" she was rooming with told her to lose her number. Her adopted mom is telling her to stay her but not making it easy.
The lawyer buying the business is a courting. He talked with me for two and 1/2 hours yesterday. He is a Christian and is rolling out all sorts of incentives including moving the business 45 miles into Wasilla from Anchorage. Whoa was that a shocker. He did let it drop that when my present bosses told him that I essentially ran the business with support from them he thought they were blowing smoke. So he asked around the local law community and other lawyers who dealt with us on a regular basis told him this was the case. So it has become a bit more imperative to talk me into working a bit more on a part time basis.
On top of all this I am beginning to think that maybe God sent him along to help with our non-profit as the homeless situation in the area was the first thing he approached me about. I am waiting on God to flesh this one out.
Ruthie as they say in the submarine service "don't let the (I'll change the word here)creeps get you down". Any kind of creepy misery be gone.
Bunny, funny how that employment thing can work sometimes. I tried to find another job and get out of here for years but it never worked so now I am the enviable position of being courted to not retire just yet. Strange, strange.
The light on the mountain tops was glorious this am. There is something about the way the sum comes up on the peaks and slowly pours downward that is breath taking. It makes me think of when the world was young. These are young sharp peaks and they stand tall and proud. The lower slopes are green while the peaks above the plant line have snow patches here and there. In places they are grey where they are so steep that gravel and boulders slide down. I think I will go on a photo shoot if the weather is good early in the am tomorrow.
Blessings all and take care.
Blessings ladies.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2012 :  09:49:25 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, sorry about your extra pets bothering you. With 6 kitties in the house I have to deflea them at least once a year.

Tammy, so happy about your new house. I had to laugh with Peggy's comment about painting. I'm a terrible painter. I had to paint my shop once. I painted the wall, then ended up leaning on it and then stopped in the paint pan to get away and tracked painted foot steps on the carpet. Thankfully I was able to get the paint out of the carpet, but I really don't belong with a paint brush or roller in my hand.

Cherime, interesting about your new "friend". You should be proud your reputation precedes you. Sounds like you would be a big help to him. Just get it all in writing...and read the fine print..lol

April, welcome. This is a wonderful place to sit on the porch. You'll wish we all lived down the street. I do.

Thinking about working on an art quilt today. Something totally useless buy pretty. I stress about making things I hope will sell and need to just have fun. I enjoyed making my jacket and purse so much.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Ruthie hope you feel better soon. Nan, hope to hear from you soon. Get that computer hooked up!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

fromscratchhomemadelife
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Cassi
Western Middle TN
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2012 :  10:17:17 AM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies!

I haven't been on lately due to having some cousins visit. They left this morning. I love their family dearly and we all had a blast! Monster loved having their 3 year old around to pal around with. They were instant friends, for sure. They live on a farm too, so (all 4) of their boys loved going outside to help feed the animals and such. It's really been a good time.

I'm glad most of y'all are doing well. I'm sorry you're still down Ruthie. Praying all works out and looks up for you. *hugs*

Cassi
Farmgirl #4371

http://fromscratchourhomemadelife.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2012 :  3:53:38 PM  Show Profile
Emergency!

Peggy, I need your new address for the tea swap...

Otherwise your tea will sit here all alone...because the rest are going out tomorrow. And I don't want your tea getting lonely.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BitsofEntropy?ref=si_shop
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2012 :  4:38:15 PM  Show Profile
Go Julie go, Go Julie go! I was getting ready to say, Julie is our August "Tea Swap Hostess".Let's see what she has for us. hahaha
And here you are already sending it out. You Go Girl!
Ruthie, we're here for ya Girl. We listen if you need that, we advise if you need that, and if one of us don't know what to say...another will! lol Bend our ear anytime!
Hooray TLTammy, you got keys!
Peg, glad you got to see the little ones again.
Did I really add too many (...annas)to bandanas? hahaha Fingers get happy sometimes. *giggle* My Mama started the aluminuminuminum thing years ago and we all say it around here. hahaha It just rolls off the tongue like the (...annas) thing.
You made me LOL at the pic in my mind of you going in for a "flea-dip" along with your dog! hahahahaha How funny!
I just remembered,Patsy spent 2 days at a relatives baby-sitting their little boy. She should be back tonight or tomorrow.
Moving and baby-sitting seems to be the themes this month!
Cherime, I want to see pics of those mountains too, they sound gorgeous!....and refreshing during all this heat around here.
Today was hot&humid again! We're back to that for the rest of the week.~~UGH~~

This is Robby, our 13 y.o.neighbor boy and his pet python,Jess.He's the "Opie" that helps out around here with yard work.Isn't he a cutie?

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Jul 31 2012 4:40:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1414 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1414 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2012 :  4:39:35 PM  Show Profile
Girls,
I don't were to start so dont know what to even write.
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2012 :  4:43:55 PM  Show Profile
And this is me and Jess. She's a sweetie. Just curled up on my lap and snoozed during his visit.

She had just yawned a huge yawn. Ya, I have that effect on people too! *giggle*

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

littlegirl54
True Blue Farmgirl

61 Posts

Connie
Rio Linda California
USA
61 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2012 :  4:59:12 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies, we had a bit of an upset here on our ranch today. Our stud alpaca passed away. Now I am new to this ranching stuff, so I was a bit flustered, but I am ok now. We still have two more boys. Neither of which are studs, so I have now to decide what to do from here. Any help would be appreciated.

Life's too short to sit in a box all day. Get out and do something creative.

Farmgirl Sister 4152
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2012 :  7:35:41 PM  Show Profile
Connie, sorry to hear about your alpaca. I know it would upset me big time.
Judy, There are no scary creatures in your mind, right? Do you hold turantulas too? I am sure the rats are not anywhere near that snake!!!! You are the one with the pet rats, if I remember right?
Ruthie, we are here for you whenever you are ready for us. I hope things get better for you soon.
Well gals, I am so tired and it is past my bed time, so off I go.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2012 :  8:39:49 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! I'm glad to see that everyone's doing well and that we have new faces here too! I'm back from my trip, and also less than a month out from school starting! I hope everyone has great Wednesdays!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2012 :  8:49:21 PM  Show Profile
Well ladies,
It was discovered I can get more paint on me than the wall. Therefore dear hubby took matters into his own hands and sent some of his senior girls that he taught to rescue me and let me be the boss....hehehehe In other words I got to tell them where they missed a spot, keep them in food, and will owe them pedicures now...but oh was it worth it. Those girls painted four rooms out of five and let me tell you I thought a professional did it....so only have the kitchen and then we can put carpet in....I must say lavendar hair is quite a sight on blond hair...ahahhaha

Judy...I can't believe that snake...good gracious me...I would be no way out of here snake...But you are braver than me

Ruthie we are here for you dear one...just talke when you wnat or sit with us we love you

april I sure hope you come stay longer and get to know us and let us know you

Bunny did you get your classes set up.

well ladies it is time for this purple lady to clean her butterfly wings and hit the sack. I will keep checking in as long as we have service probably by end of the week we won't...but until then I am still here...I would hate for the porch posey to come after me...hahahahahah

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Wings of Joy http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2012 :  9:11:15 PM  Show Profile
Connie, I'm so sorry to hear about your alpaca passing away. How attached are you to your other 2 boys? If not to attached, could you sell them and buy another stud alpaca?
Jan, *giggle* YUP,I am the nut who loves domestic ratties, although I don't have any right now. My last 'lil girl passed away last month. They get tumors. It's just a thing with rats. I just learned that comfry tincture greatly reduces tumor risk though. (ok, where was that info 40 years ago when I started raising and keeping ratties as pets?) *sigh* And I have a big comfry patch too!
No, I've never handled a turantula. I don't fear spiders in general, but something THAT big, hairy, with toenails that prick.....ummm....NO thank you!! *giggle* Robby did say that he considered getting one once, but I don't think I could handle one.
There's a bit of....*eewwww/shiver*....factor going on there. haha I'm not afraid of much though. I like all creatures. If I read about them and learn about them first, I can pretty much touch anything.
Megan, so glad you're back. Hope to see you on here more in the next month.How was your trip?

Nite Porch-Buds!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Jul 31 2012 9:12:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  05:37:33 AM  Show Profile
Ummm...that snake thing....I almost threw-up when I saw that photo this morning. Not a fan of snakes! Yikes! You are brave and crazy and ... oh dear. I think it's too early in the morning for me to be looking at photos of people cuddling snakes.

We had a marathon yard work day yesterday afternoon. The kids were troopers. The grass got long all of a sudden after the rain we had recently. We haven't had to mow for a month cause it's been so dry. I couldn't believe how fast the grass grew...we had to rake the trimmings, which is good for our garden. Just a lot of work! 4 acres of work. Many hands make light work though. We celebrated with ordering out pizza. Everyone slept hard last night...in fact, they all are still sleeping! LOL!

Sorry to hear about the alpaca. I have no advice, except that one of our MN farmgirls on here raises alpacas, but for the life of me, I can't remember her screen name. I'll have to get back to you about that one.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes to the front porch. You guys are a hoot!

~Hugs,
April :)

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  06:25:37 AM  Show Profile
Connie- the alpaca farmgirl is DaniMarie.

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  07:07:58 AM  Show Profile
Welcome back Megan!!!! Now we would really like to read all about your great adventures. Summer is creeping away very fast, even though it was so hot, I do not like to see summer end.Right now we are having low humidity, so 80 feels comfortable, 48 at night, so lots of dew to keep the grass hydrated. Love this kind of weather.
Tammy, how nice to have help with the painting. You will be so happy to have this all behind you. Moving in a hurry is so stressful. I am sure you will enjoy your new place though.
April, Nice to have help with yardwork also. I bet it looks so nice now.
Have a great day,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  07:09:08 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning All
It is a bit cool this morning. It wont last but it is nice.
Please keep Michael in prayer. He is the 4 year old son of a friend I work woth. He got e-coli (spelling?) from a watermelon from Wal-Mart. He is in the hospital and is going through dialasis to try to rid him of the toxin. We all hear how unsafe food is in the stores, but you don't realize how true that is until something like this happens.

Judy glad youu got some rain. it is wonderful when it rains and lowers the temp.

All this talk of tomatos makes me wish I had a garden. :( It was not to be this year, but there will be one next year!!

Peggy sounds like Seattle was fun. I have not been there in a while.

April welcome to the porch. Pull up a rocker and sit a spell. Yes puppie are a joy and a laugh and ..........

Judy too cool! I never thought of bandannas as napkins. I think I will have to try them out.

Ruthie we are here for you. You wont bring us down. Maybe we can lift you up. We all have thoses days. Praying for you sister.

Bunny glad the interview went well. I am praying for you. An internship would be great. Hope it works out.

Tammy Woo Hooo!! Keys Ya Hoo!!

Cherime dosn't it make you wonder what God is up when you think it is time for one thing and Bam! He thows something else at you. You were ready for a change and now maybe not?! Praying for you.

Bunny My Dh will not let me paint. I tried to paint the walls in a house we moved into. He took the roller away and said he would do it! LOL You could see every roller mark and there were light and dark streaks. I am bad realy bad. LOL

Judy i could have gone all day with out that pic. I hate snakes ICK!!! Robby is cute and I bet you are greatful for the help.

Ok now you are just tormenting me. OO and ICK

Connie sorry about you alpaca stud passing away. It is ahard when that happens. Glad you have two more. Do you raise them for show or are you just into the fiber. We have two girls. One has ribbions from 2 shows. I and skirting her fleece so I can card and spin it.

Peggy would you like me to send you some alpaca yarn fter I have it spun? That way it wont cost you anything to see if you are alergic to it.

I need to get moving. i have laundry and skirting (cleaning) another fleece to get done. I don't know why I complain about laundry? It's not like I have to take it to the creek and beat it on a rock! The machine does all the work all I do is load it and walk away. LOL

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page