Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

wellswillow
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcie
Branchport New York
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  12:45:05 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon! That corned beef that is cooking smells so good. When I get off here I have to add the veggies.

Well we have had a return of snow, about an inch out there. They say rain should be coming in yet today. I was just getting used to seeing some ground out there.

I made a pot of triple berry tea, any takers?

Have a great rest of the day!
Marcie

I enjoy chatting with my friends.

Sisterhood Member 1114
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  7:55:14 PM  Show Profile
good evening ladies
it raining cold and windy here
so i made us so hot apple cinnamom tea
to warm us up thank goodness for virtual porches..lol

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

wellswillow
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcie
Branchport New York
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2010 :  06:05:40 AM  Show Profile
Wow, people must be too busy to come sit on the porch. We have a sunny day today, hopefully melt that snow away again. I will take a cup of that apple cinnamon tea if you have some left. To go along with it I brought some apple crisp.
Enjoy your day whatever you are doing!
Marcie

Sisterhood Member 1114
Go to Top of Page

jclambert
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Judy
Stringtown Oklahoma
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2010 :  07:27:44 AM  Show Profile
We finally have decent weather, so I'll be heading to the golf course. When I get back I would love to do some porch sitting and finish my knitting project. It's that or housework. Yuck!

Judy

*Love one another*
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2010 :  08:37:33 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
I love anything apple.

It is cloudy and chilly this morning. The rain will be good for the plants. I have a baby blanket to get finished for my daughter's teacher. Her baby boy is due in June. It is heather gray and I am going to edge it with light heather blue.

Pass around the deviled eggs.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jelliott
True Blue Farmgirl

70 Posts

Jennifer
Athol Idaho
USA
70 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2010 :  4:00:03 PM  Show Profile
OOOO Deb the tea sounds sooo good. The sun is shining and it is 60 today, warm and nice for a change. I went out and cleaned flower beds out yesterday so the tulips and daffodils could finish coming up. I love Spring so much. And I also like very much coming here and chatting so peaceful to sit and listen to the birds and our chatter. Oh by the way, just found out that grandchild number 13 is due in September. I hope it is a girl. Only one other is a girl and she is way across the country and I only get to see her once per year. (sniff sniff)

If music be the food of Love, play on. Wm. Shakespeare
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2010 :  4:35:09 PM  Show Profile
This is wonderful! what a beautiful day here on the Palouse! It seems like we have a lot of expecting mamas and granmamas right now. I love little babies. Congratulations Jennifer, keepin' my fingers crosses for a girl!

OOO! please pass the tea...I made some flourless pb cookies...YUM
I'm workin' on a red gingham pin keep with antique lace trim today...hand sewing is so relaxing. Still have to finish the matching apron, but I'm gettin' there!

Love and light to all of my farm sister friends.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2010 :  7:16:59 PM  Show Profile
I haven't visited lately but am ready to sit a spell. I am feeling kind of in limbo. We may move back to Florida or we may not. I take my teacher test tommorrow. I am on the porch sipping tea, but studying!

It's all good!
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2010 :  8:01:50 PM  Show Profile
oh jennifer
wishing you a girl grandbaby too
you girls sound like your getting nice weather
i was in moscow last summer cute little town
nice friendly people..drove up to north to coer de alene and sandpoint
had a wonderful time almost wanting to move there..

jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

wellswillow
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcie
Branchport New York
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  06:06:06 AM  Show Profile
Happy St. Patrick's day!!! Anyone able to plant their peas today?
Have a good one!
Marcie

Sisterhood Member 1114
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  06:42:35 AM  Show Profile
Mind if I take a seat here on this lovely porch! Been running like crazy the last few days. Time for a breather! I'd love a glass of tea if there's plenty there. And Annika your cookies are delicious. Could you bring that receipe next time? I have never had cookies with out flour. Ok Ok girls so I'm alittle behind on all the natural good cooking and just need some guidance. Yum Yum Yum! They sure are good!!

Blessings, Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

AliciaNak
True Blue Farmgirl

405 Posts

Alicia
Elko Nevada
USA
405 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  08:07:50 AM  Show Profile
Morning ladies! It's been an interesting one here so far. The boys have "Wacky Wednesday" at school, so they left the house with all their clothes on backwards. Cody put buttermilk on his cereal, not knowing what it was, and about made himself sick! I'll be putting corned beef and cabbage into the crock pot in a bit, and making some Irish soda bread this afternoon.
Yesterday was soo nice that I sat on the deck and read a book in the sunshine while the boys played in the yard, for two whole hours!
No peas in the ground yet, for me, as we'll still be getting some big frosts and possibly snow. And we still need to till all the litter from the chicken house into the ground.
Have a great St. Patty's Day everyone!

Alicia
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.~Ralph Waldo Emmerson
www.blondenak.blogspot.com
www.artfire.com/users/BlondeNakCreations
Go to Top of Page

MarionCountryGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Marla
Hemet Ca
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  10:07:57 AM  Show Profile
Yup Peas went in over the weekend. Cleaned out the garden area. Hubby building me some new raised beds this week and a new garden fence. Gopher took out my last celery this morning. Oh I was so mad at him. Stuck one of those vibration ghopher things in my garden bed. I love animals but hate gophers. Chew things off right to the ground. And right when they are about ready to harvest lol. I did my St. Paddy dinner yesterday so its corned beef hash today. I will share girls. And some green mint ice tea. Pull up a chair. Lets watch spring flowers start to bloom. Maybe a nature walk is in order.

Every Day is a gift from God, Rejoice and be glad in it.
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  10:17:15 AM  Show Profile
Well, this morning I finished my little pin keep and am about to start on some small friendship pillow-sachets! I should be outside, but I'm nursing a cold and don't want it to worsen...best to just sit and stitch!

Brenda, here are the Peanut Butter cookies, they are heavy and very yummy...I'm thinking of adding a second egg to maybe lighten them up a smidge. I found the recipe online and want to play with it a bit =)

Flourless PB Cookies!

Ingredients:
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
2. Combine ingredients and drop by teaspoonfuls on cookie sheet. Bake for 8 minutes. Let cool. Recipe doesn't make very many, so you could double recipe if you desire.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  3:01:27 PM  Show Profile
hi got my peas in today as well must be the weather its a good day to out and planting
something raked up some more my back is thanks me LOL
i my some peach iced tea today its perfect for sitting and sipping on this porch and catching up with you all..made crockpot corned beef and cabbage it was the best i ever made
melted in your mouth and i made some little irish soda breads we can those woth the tea
hugs deborah

jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  3:54:46 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Annika for the receipe! I'm going to try them out this weekend.

Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

barefootmama
True Blue Farmgirl

133 Posts

Jennifer
BLOOMSBURG Pennsylvania
USA
133 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  12:39:45 AM  Show Profile  Send barefootmama a Yahoo! Message
Hi Ladies!
Mind if I sit for a spell with you all? I just pulled some monkey bread out of the oven and I would love to share it with you all:)..It's so nice to just sit and relax with some genuine women for some story swaping and lots of laughs. I'd love to invite you all for a visit around our fire pit this summer for some fresh grilled garden veggies and homemade lemonade...maybe a smore or two!

Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves,for they shall never cease to be amused:)
Go to Top of Page

wellswillow
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcie
Branchport New York
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  05:51:09 AM  Show Profile
Good morning! One of our dogs has a raccoon treed. Some people on the next road over lost several of their chickens to a raccoon. And several of our chickens are out in their pen. So husband is going out to see what he can do.

I'll have some of that peach tea and monkey bread please. I did some reading yesterday too, was good to have some time to do it.
Enjoy your day today! Glad some were able to get their peas in the ground.
Marcie

Sisterhood Member 1114
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  08:10:58 AM  Show Profile
Annika I love that cookie recipe! I am emjoying a peaceful moment before I have to continue on with the rest on my day!!! Ah! Peace on the porch, even if it's only virtual!!

It's all good!

http://mscountrygirl.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  4:05:33 PM  Show Profile
Hello girls! That home made bread sure sounds good. Is that green grass I see? Spring is here, I do believe. Channah, would you like to take a bike ride? Anyone else care to go for a bike ride? This weather is just beautiful.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

alterationsbyemily
True Blue Farmgirl

686 Posts

Emily
Thomasville PA
USA
686 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  4:17:33 PM  Show Profile
mmm, just baked a yellow cake and chocolate fudge frosting for my DH birthday tomorrow... there is still plenty of time to bake another, here we come cake and all to the porch

--
See my custom costumes, download free patterns, and hear some spook EVPs from Gettysburg, PA on my site, www.alterationsbyemily.com
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  4:40:51 PM  Show Profile
Marly you all go on your bike ride and I think I'll just sit here and listen to the birds sing. Hey, if Channah goes with you why not try to find us some nature surprises to bring back with you! If Emily shows up before you all get back I'm sure she'll hold off on the cake so you can have some to. Enjoy your ride.

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  4:51:13 PM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
A slice of yellow cake sure would be nice right now. Some tea or even water I'm not picky. It will make it go down better. Lilly

learning the life I always wanted.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  5:37:38 PM  Show Profile
Brenda:
We'll bring back lots of surprises for y'all! If it's chocolate cake, save me a slice, if not you can have it all. LOL. A pot of strong, dark coffee would be nice! Hint, hint. Enjoy the porch!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  5:58:27 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies! I have been absent from the forum the past few days. I am getting over a cold, but I'm sure that whatever you ladies are cooking and baking will make me feel better:)Annika, those peanut butter cookies sound delightful!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page