Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2012 :  9:32:52 PM  Show Profile
Good Evening Ladies, brought some chocolate chip cookies! (my daughter had a sweet tooth today)

I have been watching Christmas movies this weekend! Sure helps to beat the heat and cheer the soul!

I feel like our community has had it's heart rung out this last week. It's been really hard. I am a youth leader at our church, and I have hugged, prayed with and cried with so many broken teens. We had so many people at our church for the funeral, we filled the church, foyer, lined chairs down the sunday school hall and set up tents outside the doors. We had to wire extra speakers so everyone could hear and our fire dept. had to help with parking. The gospel message was shared and I hope healing can begin. The person I hope it helped the most is Martha, John Patrick's mom. She hadn't spoken since it happened (she was the only one home when it happen, and had to break down his door.) When she came in she was just bent over and folded in on herself, and wouldn't make eye contact with anyone. Our youth surrounded her and hugged on her, then of course the mommas followed. By the end she was looking at people and talking! Her husband was so relieved! I know she has a long road and many more hard days, but we will keep loving her thru it. Sorry to unload this here, but I can't talk about it at home (my daughter is the same age and a friend) and I have to be a suportive leader at the church. And it's still to raw to talk about with our friends. (deep breath)

Ok. I hope everyone enjoys their rain, or finds a way to beat the heat! Watch some Christmas shows...it's wonderfully cooling! I'm going to knit for awhile (my 1st swap!)

edit: it sounded wrong when I said I can't talk about it at home so let me add this: We of course talk about that day, from my daughter's prospective. I try to keep it about her feelings and not unload my feelings on her. Not yet, maybe in a few weeks or months. She'll need to learn how I deal with things but not when her own feelings are so big. I figure most of you sisters would imply that, but just wanted to clarify.

Blessings!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233

Edited by - shanda on Jul 18 2012 04:47:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2012 :  12:47:26 AM  Show Profile
Evening My Porchies...

Well, we are all moved into our Apartment. I am liking it much better with all my furnishings all
around us. I have the living room all most all set up (except pictures and nic nacs) have the kitchen
all put together, my bathroom and most of my bedroom...except my office and crafting stuff. The
computer is hooked up and that is the most important office thing.

DH is still pushing my buttons...(I'll borrow that cattle prod if anyone has one). I have come to the
conclusion that he just isn't physically up to hard work anymore. Well, me either...but somebody has to
do it!!! I had the best moving team ever...my son & future DIL and two of their good friends (and ours)
and Paula my cleaning gal (and spiritual daughter). Those five worked sooooooooooo hard and fast and furious that we had the entire move done in 4 hours. Della (the guy friend) said to me. "Peggy, I have helped move a lot of people but this is the most organized move I have ever helped with." I bet he said that four different times...made me feel pretty darn good. But we have moved so many times I feel like I have it down to a science. LOL

I went over last night to see how my cleaning gal did on the old house.
Oh, my gosh... Paula is amazing. She could seriously make good money if she did that as a profession. But she won't because she has small children still at home. She cleans for me and her mom...twice a month...for a couple of hours (just because she loves us and wants to help us). I insist on paying her a little bit even if she does clean for her mom for free. Because I just can't not pay her something...just doing my floors and bathrooms is like a major blessing to have done. She just will never know what a Godsend she is.

Larry still has to finish mowing the lawn at the house (tomorrow will be his third day of working on it)
I could have done it all in one time...but decided not to let him off the hook. He did pack up his office
but my moving team took pity on him and packed up his bathroom and bedroom (more as a favor to me).

I don't mean to be so down on my DH but I just really don't understand his sudden lack of motivation/laziness. Maybe he is seriously depressed...with losing his job and all. I don't know.

I am now feeling like I can slow down a bit and just do 2 or 3 projects a day...until I get the entire apartment put together the way I want it. I don't need to kill myself anymore. On the day of the big move...that night every muscle in my body was screaming at me. I even took pain meds but couldn't fall asleep until four in the morning due to pain and muscle spasms. Even my eye muscles were having spasms.That is a first! Crazy huh?

My son did a cool thing for me today. He called (with me there) and got my Sprint Cell phone transfered over to his Family Plan...so now, Shane, Sadie and I will only have to pay $60.00 per month for our phones instead of around a hundred a month. Plus I get more minutes on his plan than I did on mine. So, we are each saving any where from $40-50.00 per month. So, neat. Every little bit of savings helps.

My Sisters Obituary was sent to me today via a family member on-line. The picture they used of her was one I had taken of her a number of years ago...when she was looking very vital and in good health. I
sure miss her. But I praise God everyday that she is now with him and out of pain. I think even God is getting a little taste of what a Spitfire she can be. LOL

Well, not addressing everyone individually tonight...but you all have been in my thoughts and prayers.
Especially those who still are suffering with high heat and humidity...Our weather here is so perfect I hate to even tell you about it.
And those whose lives are affected by the suicide of one so young.
If only people who contemplated suicide...would for one moment think
about all the lives they are going to destroy...besides their own...
maybe they would think twice about actually committing such a selfish
act.

May all our tomorrows...hold a little more love, a little more joy,
and a few less trials.

Sweet Dreams and Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 18 2012 12:59:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2012 :  05:55:38 AM  Show Profile
Shanda, It is good to let out your feelings. You can share the good and the bad with us. We are all here for the good and the bad. That is always so sad when a young person decides life is not worth living. They do not realize how many lives that will affect. I pray for all that are hurting right now. Know that we are here for you too.
Peggy, Glad your move is behind you now. Take your time to get the rest done. I hope you enjoy your new place and not have to move anymore. I have a husband that does the same thing. He helps with moving things, but never ever did help with the packing. I think they just feel they would not do it riught, or the way we would want it done.
We only got about 10 drops of rain last night, all around us got some.We need it so badly. I did pick alot of my green beans, yellow beans and peas yesterday, now today I need to get them ready for the freezer. I picked the last of my rhubarb. It is late because I moved it in the spring and it took that long to grow.
Today so far the humidity is down, so hopefully it will be more bearable. My tummy gets so upset when it is so warm, not to say what it does to my breathing.
Have a wonderful day, stay cool and hydrated

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2012 :  08:06:54 AM  Show Profile
I can't believe it! We finally got rain!

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2012 :  09:27:18 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning All

DH and i had a great time Sat. It was a much needed break. From all the craziness of life as well as the heat. No Huckleberries but I did get some blackberries and DH caught a couple of bass. All in all a good day.

I got pie cherries picked and 14 quarts and 14 pints of pie filling canned. Need to get the blueberries picked but that will have to wait till next week. They should still be going strong.

I need a minute to rest on the porch before i get started today. I have stuff left over from the yard sale that needs to go to the Youth Ranch. It is a local place that raises money for kids. My two DD are headed over to help. Thsnk goodness.

Is it jst me or have those of you with grown children noticed they are more helpful after they moved out that they ever were when they lived at home? At least it is nit fight to get them to help. LOL

Bunny LOL I know what you mean I never really thought about being on camera till that day. LOL

Peggy Alpaca does not have lanalin like wool does. So a lot of people who can not use wool can use alpaca.
Yes iiwill card it and spin it when I am done cleaning it. Now that Summer School is over I will have it all cleaned in no time.
I am with you on stuff going to good homes. Thats why I have held on to so much tuff and am just noew giving the last to the Youth ranch. My family and friends have all had a chance to get what they want.

TLTammy thanks for the chocolate cake. I can always use chocolate. Will chocloate add to my wrinkles on the inside or just the out side?? LOL

Lynette I am with you on the heat thing. I use to go out no matter the temp and work in the garden or the yard. Now that is not going to happen.

It has been in the tripple digets the last two weeks. This week we are about 95 for a hi. We don't have the hummidity some of you have. I am glad for that.

We have had several thunderstorms but no rain. Well not enough to even count. We need rain like so many of you.

Shanda chocolate chip cookies. I knew I needed to get back on the porch. LOL

Shanda that is what we are here for. I am praying for you and your community.

Peggy Glad the move is over. I know what you mean about your DH. Sometimes I feel like "itf i don't do it it wont get done" I know that is not really true, but sometimes he takes for ever to do something. Is it men as a gender that get that way when their older?
There are times though that he surprises me and does something quicly or unexpectedly! Men who can understand them. LOL

I am happy for all of you that got rain!! Praying for the rest and myself who need it.

Well I had best get moving. We are headed to our family reunion this weekend. At least the mountains will be cooler.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2012 :  10:03:24 AM  Show Profile
Ok, tried to post twice. So, I'm done for the day.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile
Fabric www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2012 :  7:27:27 PM  Show Profile
Glad some of you got some rain. Please send some this way!!! Our grass is turning brown and brittle. I have been watering my gardens because I do not want to lose all that I worked so hard for. I will probably have to water the lawn tomorrow, unless it decides to rain. If it does, I will be out there running in the puddles, splashing away!!! LOL!!!! It was a bit cooler today, but still humid. Last year we only had 2 days ove 80 degrees. I feel for the ones in the triple digits. You must have a/c. We do not because we usually do not need it for more that a few days a year.(except this year).
Hope you all had a good day. Have a cool evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2012 :  12:22:58 AM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies....
I am so glad to have the move behind me. Really taking the setting up of the Apartment...slowly.
Mainly because DH is hanging around the place all day long and so, I get very little done. And because...
I am sooooooo tired from this move. I usually excell at putting a new place together...and doing it quickly. This time...I'm being good to myself and doing it as I feel like it.

Today I went and bought bathroom accessories for my little on-suite bathroom. It is finished now except
for hanging three wall hangings. That was my one and only home related project today. Simple and fun.

Tomorrow I want to hang some wall Art in my living room and bathroom. That will be tomorrows project and
then I have Craft Group tomorrow night. So, see...I am taking on a whole new "be kind to myself" attitude
like never before. I am still walking like a bent over old woman...because my lower back and legs are killing me from the move. I have gotten two good nights sleep which is really helping me feel better than
usual.

I have been walking Snickers every morning as now he doesn't get to spend all day chasing squirrels and birds. LOL He has lots of pent up energy. If I had more energy myself...he really should be walked
twice a day. Maybe I will work up to it...who knows.

Looks like my darling DIL is going to get a job offer tomorrow. I hope they let her start on Monday instead of this Friday. She could use the last few days as the finish to a two week break...in between
jobs.

My son is starting his own Property Management & Consulting Co. Hope he is successful at it. I had hoped
he would move on to a less stressful career opportunity. But hey, sometimes you just have to test the waters yourself. The year before I went on Medical Disability...I tried running my own Counseling Center
for Women. That year taught me...that I really was not physically able to sit for that long of time and listen to people's problems, when I was in too much pain to concentrate fully on helping them.
I gave it my 150 percent best try...but it just proved my husband, sons and Dr. right...I needed to stay
home and do only what my body and mind would allow me to do...in short spurts during any given day and
some days that meant staying in bed all day. I hated that my life had come to that. I still push myself
more than I should...but I am determined to live my life to the fullest (as it is now) and I refuse to
just give up and let my illness ruin my life.

Bunny...saw your purse on "what are you working on today" vert cute and very cheery looking. I really
liked it. Oh, by the way...here is my address for the flowers to be mailed to.
Peggy Smith/8500 NE Hazel Dell Ave. E-5/Vancouver, WA 98665

Alyce...happy to hear that you got rain. Did you go out and dance in it? Run through the puddles?? Anything to rejoice in it???

Dianne...I am going to have to try knitting with Alpaca. Thanks for the tips!

Janet...we are having the same kind of weather that you are. Not that hot...but high humidity. That
about does me in. I hate to sweat!! LOL

Well Ladies...hope all your gardens are growing well...and I love hearing about all the good stuff that you are canning and/or freezing. I will miss having a garden. And I don't think Patio Gardens are
that successful. Especially here because my patio doesn't get enough sunshine. Kind of hidden under trees,
which keeps it cool and comfortable to sit out and enjoy the weather but not for getting good produce.

Off to LaLa Land...hopefully another good nights sleep.
More tomorrow,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 19 2012 12:24:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2012 :  06:17:12 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, that is good that you are taking it slowly. No need to hurry and get things done, then suffer for doing too much. Enjot your new place, go swimming in the pool, sit out on your patio and enjoy the cool breezes.
We finally got a bit of rain, just enough to wet the pavement, but it is still gloomy, so am hoping for more to pour out. AND it is only 57 degrees!!! It feels soooo good.
I will post more later, have a wonderful day,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2012 :  08:05:22 AM  Show Profile
Hi All

Peggy I am glad to hear you are taking it easy this time. You were such a whirl wind last time you made me tired. LOL I am glad you got a couple of good nights sleep. Good sleep really helps me.

Janet I am glad you got some rain. Enjoy the cooler temps. I am headed to the mountains tomorrow to find mine.

Hope all of you have a great weekend. We are headed out tomprrow so I may not get a chance to sit on the porch till Monday. Hope I find some ripe huckleberries. If I do I will bring huckleberry mffins with me.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2012 :  09:07:27 AM  Show Profile
Morning girls! *knocking mud off boots and dusting hands on apron*

I'm sorry I have been MIA lately. We haven't found an internet provider that isn't an arm and a leg every month, so we don't have internet at our new house yet, and I can log in at work, but we're so short handed, I often don't get the chance to!

The house is coming along, slowly but surely. I am having a REALLY bad problem with earwigs, and don't know how to keep them from coming inside. I have read a few solutions, but I'm not sure if they will hurt the dogs or not. Train (my catahoula) is definitely a tracker, and I don't want him getting his big, freckled nose in something that will hurt him. Anyone have any ideas?

Other than that, I'm trying with all my might to keep the house up. I'd like to get back to making/designing/working on wedding decorations, and eventually, I need to start working on a dress!!! I have my sewing room set up but have work to do in there, too.

The farm, on the other hand, is awesome. We've got the pear tree that is just DROOPING with fruits, and I have already picked a ton! Train likes to get the ones that have fallen off and run around the yard with them and chew them. He doesn't play with the ball we gave him, but he'll play with pears... goofy hound!

The Mulberry tree produced an aweseom crop... enough for me to tweak the Raspberry Lemon crisp in the current magazine and make it a Mulberry Lemon crisp. It was SO RICH though! Josh and I quite enjoyed it, and Train and Penny (our rat terrier) wished they could.

We found that the "squash" plants were actually Unicorn plants. I am picking the small ones and freezing them for later, and letting the big ones go to Devil's Claws. I think I will dry them and glitter them and make them into ornaments.

We also found that the cucumber I thought was a pumpkin, is not a cucumber, either. HAHA I need to read up on this stuff! It's actually a watermelon and has several fruits on it!!

But, I am a bit bummed out, even with all the happy stuff going on I emailed a placed called Pioneer Farms yesterday, asking if we could hold our wedding there WITHOUT using their event coordinators. I have found that they all require you to do what they want you to do, and they all require you to have a wedding planner. They're all horribly expensive (the CHEAPEST package never less than apx $3500) and I don't want someone else being in control of my wedding.

Well, I explained all of that thoroughly in my email and get this email back, which starts off hopeful, but then says "we do require you to go through our events coordinator" and ends with some statement to the effect that the ONLY reason they require this is to ensure your wedding is perfect. But, if they're doing what I DON'T want, then how is it perfect?? I emailed her back, VERY miffed, and quite heartbroken , and said "Well, as I said, this is NOT what we want, we want to do it ourselves, and we can not afford your prices, so I'm sorry to have wasted your time."

I texted my mother and "cried" to her about it, and said that I was starting to feel like a gypsy... Every venue wants me to play by their rules in the name of perfection, and in reality, it's only so they can make more money.

Finally, I calmed myself and took a chance. I looked into a place in Lockhart, about half an hour outside of Austin, where my father and his friends in SASS (Single Action Shooters Society) had gone a couple of times. It was in its infancy, and at the time was referred to as the Plum Creek Carriage Society. The owner of the ranch wanted to start running trapp carriages and the like through sort of an old west town. He did a BEAUTIFUL job building a jail, saloon, and other buildings, and was in the process of building more. The saloon functions and has two hotel rooms upstairs. This was over 5 years ago because Daddy was still alive, so I didn't recall the owner's name. But, I remembered he talked about opening it up for events like weddings and such.

I looked up the Plum Creek Carriage Society, and it took me to the Plum Creek Shooters Society. It turns out, the owner DID start having a SASS club meet out at his place, which he wasn't sure of at first (though, he had the PERFECT set of stages for it!). The leader of that SASS club was very kind and forwarded my email to the owner, and said Chuck does indeed have weddings at his ranch.

I'm crossing my fingers, hoping he remembers my Daddy, and that maybe he'll go easy on us. Otherwise, it's back to the drawing board.

I'm sorry I dropped all that on all of you.. just needed to vent, I guess! When did it become a requirement to have someone else tell you how to have your wedding? It's OUR wedding and we know what we want... outdoors, simple, family and close friends, and a good, Texas style bar be que, not fine china and linen covered tables.

I'll let y'all know when and if I hear from this gentleman, and what I decide to do from there.

Cross your fingers, ladies!!

Till later!
Miranda

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2012 :  10:39:54 AM  Show Profile
My fingers are crossed, Miranda. I agree with you. Your wedding should be what you want, not what someone else thinks it should be. Hope things work out well for you. You will get settled in your new home in time. Sounds like a wonderful place there.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2012 :  10:55:48 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, Janet! It sure is a wonderful place... I love going to sit on the porch in the early evening before sunset. Dragonflies swarm, Swallows and Sandpipers go to catch them. There is some bird with a grey body and yellow belly... I don't know if it's a bunting or some sort of robin, but it has the most beautiful song! I know when the cows are being led in because I can her them and the dogs, and the guinea fowl, too. Occasionally, a neighbor's donkey brays.

I'm feeling more and more vindicated the more I talk with other women about this wedding mess. I just get so sick of everyone on the outside telling me how to do MY wedding. My best girlfriend (maid of honor) let me vent yesterday, as well, and got me laughing. I said something "at the risk of sounding like (her father in law)" about how I was tired of people telling us they're doing something for our own good, and she promptly texted back "Damn the man!". Knowing her father in law, it's exactly what he would say.

I'm still wary, but have a better feeling about Plum Creek. I remember, when with my folks, thinking that it would be a lovely place to have a wedding. And my father was respected in the SASS community... maybe that will count for something. I told Josh last night that it would be nice to be at a place that has a connection to my Dad, too. It would feel more like he's there with us.

And, if that falls through, I still have other places to look at... It's just a matter of putting in the research.

Well, almost time for lunch! hope everyone has a good afternoon!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2012 :  5:11:10 PM  Show Profile
Hey ladies! Just poppin in real quick before I forget it. Miranda, there's also Old Town Kyle, in Kyle. I was out there a few weeks back and it's a bunch of different old western type buildings, and I saw one modern type building. Lots of open space and a gazebo. It is a venue for different events, like weddings. Look it up, I think you'd like it.

Well, today I made a night shirt out of a sheet. I just love sleeping in that cotton fabric but buying something already made is usually more than I want to spend. This cost me under $5.

Have a great evening!

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BitsofEntropy?ref=si_shop
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2012 :  6:59:39 PM  Show Profile
Julie, great idea making a night shirt out of a sheet. So much less expensive, and custom made.
It was only in the 60s today, 30 degrees colder than it was. Feels good to be cool again. Only got a trace of rain though, but supposed to rain more this weekend.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2012 :  8:09:31 PM  Show Profile
Ok Janet, I'm gonna need to trade weather with you...

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  12:34:51 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies...

Miss Miranda...my future DIL is having the same problem finding a venue that will let her call the shots
and have the wedding of her dreams...rather than theirs. The Wedding is planned for Oct. 20th and so far very little is falling together as she wants it. And she has more plans and dreams than she has
time to get accomplished...so we will see.

She just got a new job today...being an On-Site Manager for two Apartment Complexes. She is excited
about that! She starts on Monday.

Dianne...I have to take it easier this time, I wore myself out with
this move. But today:

I finished my bathroom and got all the pictures up in the living room, hall, and bathroom.

Other than that...I slept late and enjoyed some cooler weather. Tonight we got a Beautiful Thunder and
Lightening Show as well as some much needed rain...to cool things off.

Julie...your night shirt sounds so comfortable for summer weather and
great price girl! Can't beat that.

Not much new to report tonight...other than I am still getting lovely sleep at night and sleeping in
late in the mornings. I need it!!! I feel so tired and worn out.

Today I walked Snickers further on our morning walk. He was one tuckered Scotty when I got
him home but I actually felt better.

Off to Dream Land and Fairy Dust,
Hugs...Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 20 2012 12:39:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  05:05:58 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Everyone! Fresh cinnamon rolls and coffee, anyone? Freshly baked and the icing is still melting!

Miranda dear, keep looking for the right spot. My new SIL (just married July the 4th) had a vision for her wedding and didn't want it ran by a wedding consultant. She finally found a small Tea House with gardens, and worked with the owners (they were just getting into the hosting weddings bussiness) and everything was just beautiful. My SIL did all the decor herself, of course she's a highschool ART teacher, and about the thriftiest, most creative person I know! Your perfect spot is out there, so don't stress about it....think outside of the box.

Miss Julie that was just an awesome idea! Now I'm thinking what clothes I can make out of some older sheets. I've used them to back a quilt before, but not to make clothes!

The weather here has been hot and sticky. We've had off and on ran in some areas, but usually not were it's needed. Some of the cattlemen at church are getting really worried. So, praying for more rain!

I've got good news! I work for a wonderful bussiness cleanning high-end vacation cabins. The work is really hard with my fibromyalsia, but the owners are friends and they make sure I have smaller cabins and understand my limits when I have flare-ups. Also I take my daughter (and use to take my son till he grew up) to work with me, because we homeschool. --Shout Out to all the Single Homeschooling Moms, it can be done!-- Well, the office girl is moving and they gave the position to me! Just when I thought all this summertime cleanning was going to be the end of me, I now get to sit in an airconditioned office and make more money! Thank You Lord! I start Monday!

Ok, time to refill the coffee cup and read some threads, maybe knit alittle, then off to clean a cabin. Happy Friday everyone!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

fromscratchhomemadelife
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Cassi
Western Middle TN
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  07:24:17 AM  Show Profile
Hello ladies! I'm new to the boards and the Sisterhood. I hope to keep up better with y'all and avoid the more drama laden social networking sites, haha! I've got some tomatoes, peppers, onions, and garlic roasting to can up some sauce later this morning. I need to crochet some today and finish knitting my swiffer cover. I need more coffee! HAHA. Happy Friday :)

Cassi
Farmgirl #4371

http://fromscratchourhomemadelife.com
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  07:59:34 AM  Show Profile
Thank you everyone for the words of hope, strength and kindness. I'm relieved to find I'm not alone in this! Weddings should not be a business, they should be a sacred cerimony!!!

Julie, I will DEFINITELY look into Old Town! I have not heard back from Chuck, yet, but I will try to get in touch with him soon, if I don't hear back in about a week. Josh wants outdoors and I want a touch of old west/victorian with a drop of steampunk (teehee) so it sounds like it may work! We're up by Thrall now, but all we'd have to do is hit 95 and we'd be in the general area in about an hour and a half.

I'm with everyone on the nightshirt idea, too. My clothes are all falling apart because I wear them so much I need to get back to the sewing table, but I haven't had time to PROPERLY set up my sewing room.

Well, got some paperwork I need to get cracking on. I will pop in again later!

Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  11:16:55 AM  Show Profile
WELCOME TO THE PORCH CASSI...we are so glad that you found us!!! This is a fabulous place to come and meet new friends...so pull up a Rocker or Porch Swing and enjoy the chit-chat, some virtual food & drink
(absolutely calorie free), perfect climate control weather and I gaurantee you will never want to leave.

Miss Miranda...see, you aren't the only one out there wanting to make and execute your own Wedding. So,
don't give in or give up...it will all happen your way yet.

Shanda dear...thanks for the warm Cinnie-buns and coffee...delicious! CONGRATS ON THE NEW JOB!!! God is
good. Sounds like your Fibro is going to get a much needed break with this new office job. Just don't
forget to get up and move around frequently so your muscles don't stiffen up from too much sitting.

My Fibro and Arthritis has been screeming at me over this move. Which is one reason I am taking it
much more slowly than I normally would. As you know...it is best to listn to your body and obey it
or you will pay for it big time, later and longer.

Ok girls it is still giving us a nice drizzle this morning but the Thunder and Lightning has moved on.
I am enjoying a cooler morning...even did a short walk in the rain. I couldn't find our Miss Judy...to
go run through water puddles with me though...I think she is MIA again...trying to beat the heat in
other ways. LOL

More Later sweet ones,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  11:32:42 AM  Show Profile
I need prayers. I'm not done moving yet, and I'm overwhelmed. I'm getting to the nonfunctioning stage, and I'm depressed and anxious.I'm also trying to do the paperwork long distance for the final settlement of my mother's trust, and there are little glitches. If I were ok, they'd just be nothings, but I'm not and they aren't. Oh, I am so lonely. And yes, pepole have helped me move a coupld times. I've made arrangement for the last bit for next weekend with a local mover, because I can't even pack anymore.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  7:12:27 PM  Show Profile
Nan, hang in there. Take one thing at a time. I find if I get too overwhelmed, I make a list and put it where I can see it. Just go down the list and cross off when things get done. Getting help for the weekend is a good idea. I'll pray for you.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile
Fabric www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  8:23:30 PM  Show Profile
Oh yes Nan, I agree, make a list. Sometimes I have too many things jumbled up in my head and they are all spinning around. I write a list and work on something for 15 minutes and then take a break, then 15 minutes more, etc. At the end of the day, even if everything isn't done, I can look at the list and know I've done something. Hang in there girl!

Well ladies, I feel like the only one not moving anywhere. That's ok, I would not know where to start if I was. I'm pleased as punch you all like my night shirt idea. I will get a pic up soon. I wanted to make a pair of bloomers to go with it. I bought another sheet today for that. Also on my list is to make a wonderful old fashioned cotton nightgown...or a dress...hmmm or both! I have to say I had a wonderful nights sleep in my night shirt. Oh and my sewing area is a disaster! I have everything shoved about a foot away from the sewing machine and I just squeeeeze in there. It'll get cleaned up soon.

Tomorrow we'll be spending the day at a church convention. It's 2 hours away but we always have a wonderful time. Won't be back till after dinner. You girls behave tomorrow (we don't want Cassi thinking bad things about us!).

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  8:48:38 PM  Show Profile
It is late, so won't address everyone tonight. Sounds like you are all doing well and getting the moves in order. Nan, Yes dear, take it easy and do one step at a time. Things can get overwhelming at times for all of us. Wish we were all closer to help you.
Welcome Cassi!!! We can get pretty chatty here on the porch. We also eat alot, but know that it is all calorie free.
It got down to 44 degrees last night. Not much rain, everything is so dry here, we don't need to mow the grass for awhile, it is all brown. But the little bit of rain that we did get got rid of the humidity. It feels so good now. Hope it stays now.
Well, I am off to bed. Have a wonderful evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page