Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  08:37:52 AM  Show Profile
Hi Gals, got your names down for the Book&Tea!
Penny,LOVED the pic of yuns! Man, your hair really IS red! Fits your personality! *giggle*
Welcome Netty! Pull up a porch floorboard anytime and set a spell with us! *hands you a cuppa*
Peggy, I'll have to round up that onery critter-of-a-sister of mine and see where she's hidin'! lol
Anybody else wanna be in "The Cat Who"...book drawing? Tuesday will be the drawing!
Later Gators!
Make it a Great day!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  09:50:30 AM  Show Profile
Hey Porchies!!!

I think I am still holdin on to what was. I have caught myself comparin garden sizes and lamentin that I don't have the space for this or that 'anymore'. I'm not real sure how to let go. I went through the same thing over givin up our trailer that we owned outright to move in with MIL three years ago. It was an upgrade, but it still was hard on me. I don't like lettin go. I like stability and a solid plan. I'm more of a permanance kind of person than one of changability. I guess I'm just not very flexable, kinda stiff.

Judy.....I want in on the drawin!!!!

Peggy...I understand about allergies like that. I'm allergic to latex. I had a dr put a latex based cast on me while not wearin any gloves cause he was out of the nonlatex ones! I was back in a few hours with an incredibly swollen, itchy, blistered, achin arm. Then the whole mess turned out to not be broken, just hyper-extended, and only required a brace for a few weeks! Here's hopin the dr is payin attention!!!!

Bunny...I was really good at makin my teachers roll their eyes! They all thought I was a smart a** and I didn't bother to correct them. I figured if I was buggin them they weren't buggin me! LOL!

I did spend some time with the grandboy this easter. We fed him up with chocolate and suckers and sent him on his way to see everyone else all sugar rushed and gooey and sticky! It was fun and he was so intent on the candy basket! He loves color and seems to already recognize chocolate in any form and shape. He's his mamma's boy on that. A total chocolate fiend!!!

I'm off to finish my new Mother Earth News and rearrange my garden plan agian. I was given some arugala seed, so I have to make some room!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  10:21:57 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies! Wow, I had to read multiple pages to catch up. Sorry for being MIA. Glad everybody appears to have had a good Easter. I'll be in much more regularly and keep up better then I have been.

Okay now to update you on a couple areas I've mentioned: I'm sure many of you will be happy to know I quit my second job yesterday. Sunday I had 2 irate guests at the desk at the same time that when they got going and started feeding off each other's belief of how wronged they'd been it escaladed to the point I had to call the police. I will never allow myself to be put into another situation where I felt the shift of energy and knew I'm was in serious danger and had to wonder if the police would get there before it erupted into violence. There were a bunch of people there that were checking out or heard the commosion and wondered in to see what was going on. One of the housekeepers came in and I seriously want to believe that she was trying to help but she enflamed the situation. I'm still pretty shaken over the incident. The man fortunately didn't go as neanderthal on me as I was worried he would but informed me I wasn't going back. I'd initially thought of not telling him what happened but apparently one look at me and he knew something serious had happened. Of course the manager when I called to tell him I was quiting couldn't bother to pick up his phone and he refuses to set up his voicemail so I couldn't leave a message so I was left with the unbelievable option of texting him my resignation. His unbelievable text back to my statement that I couldn't possibly go back to work where I didn't feel safe was "but you are safe". Oh, did I mention the first officer called in 2 more cars for backup? But I'm safe. He's left me 2 voice messages today but I'm not in the mood to hear what he has to say so I'm ignoring them. The worse part is there's a suspicion that one of my co-workers intentionally caused it so I would have to deal with it. I didn't mention the suspicion to the man when I told him what happened but he immediately brought it up pointing out the mistakes were HUGE. It seriously has shaken me to think that somebody would set this up without thinking about the fact that it could have turned deadly. Enough, I'm getting myself worked up over it again and I need to let it go. Please keep me in your prayers if you would that I can heal quickly from this. I'm looking forward to being home more. I definately need some time to knit and let the furkids help me get myself grounded and re-centered again.

On to more positive news: The man's interview went well Friday. They had 2 people doing the phone interview with him and he was interviewed for an hour so we figure he had to be doing well for them to interview him that long. We're waiting to see if he gets a second interview. They asked a couple questions regarding our moving out of state and towards the end again asked how comfortable we were with moving. He decided to was going to try to make it as firm as he could and replied that one way or another we would be out of Michigan before the end of the year. I just hope they didn't take it as he would take any job just to get out of Michigan though. I would think the fact that we went out there last year and investigated the area should indicate as well how serious we are about moving there. I didn't get home until right after the interview had ended so hopefully he did as well as he hopes. We shall see. Hopefully we'll hear soon one way or another.

Angela - I can feel for you with the garden. I'm so conflicted with a move possibly being in our future that I don't know if I want to put in a garden this year or not. I'd hate to spend all the time and money to plant my beds to only have to leave them. I've been thinking maybe just herbs and then I'll buy the rest from the farmer's market to can wherever we end up. I agree with the other gals, you need to let go of what was and focus on what is. You'll make yourself miserble if you continue focusing on what you don't have. You might also need to forgive your MIL for being the cause of it. Letting that fester isn't going to do you or anybody any good. There are many of us misplaced farmgirls out there and we can survive off the farm - I'm surviving in a city with over a million people. I know you're use to having a huge garden but your plots are not going to produce what you're use to or the amount you want. You also need to realize that it's not uncommon for people to take other people's produce in those plots so don't be surprised at theft occuring. Decide what's important to you to grow yourself. For me it's tomatoes and my herbs. The rest I'm okay buying at the farmer's market. It's obviously more expensive but we have to work with what we have. Take a couple berry bushes if they're important to you and plant them at your new home or put them into planters. Everything is replaceable down the road. If you have something that's irreplacable because your grandmother gave it to you or whatever then put it in a container and take it. You just can't take everything and I know that hurts. Give yourself time and you'll adjust and be able to breath again even living in the city. We are resilient. Personally I find when I get in the "poor, poor me" state that reading books on pioneer women really helps readjust my thinking.

Welcome all the newbies! Glad you joined our merry bunch of porchies. I don't think there's an unfriendly group in the forums but this group is especially friendly. Besides nobody else shares all the tasty teas and goodies we do over here :O)

What's the status on our 500 page exchange that was mentioned a while back? Meagan are you coordinating that or was somebody else? Do we have a date set? I need to know how long I have to get it together.

Well I've got about an hour left of work and then I can go home. Hope everybody enjoys their day today.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  10:33:50 AM  Show Profile
Hi Angela, got ya down for the drawin' *giggle*

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  11:25:54 AM  Show Profile
Wow Tammy. I'm glad you quit that job. What an amazingly weird place. Good that you are safe and out of there. Makes my job look perfectly normal.

My screen is formating oddly, so I have to move the scroll bar on the bottom to read the right hand side of the scree. I proably pushed some button or other while typing.

So I missed what GiGi's rare disease is. I did go to your website to see the dedicatoin pics. How adorable. What fun.

The cold is in my nose and I feel icky. I'm hoping it isn't that awful chest thing. It doesn't seem all that bad, but I kept saying that last year, and i was wrong. phooey.

I put seed out for the birds, and it turns out they don't like hulled barley. Not even the crows. I get organic seeds and grains from the co-op and mix them up. I sure hope hulled barly won't grow.
nan
Go to Top of Page

country_lovin
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Debbie
Oregon
USA
50 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  12:42:50 PM  Show Profile
Good Afternoon Porchies..

My daughter started her new school today. She was being bullied at her other school and nothing was being done about it. This school move took awhile to do mainly because I wasn't taken seriously and the student laision dude told the Superintendent I was a drama queen.So now I'm anxiously awaiting for 3pm to come and I go pick her up.

We spent easter with my mother in law and sister in law. We had a fun time. Egg hunt and I spent a couple hours watching the chickens and ducks. She has over 30 chickens and about 15 ducks. Now I cant wait to get some property and get some chickens and ducks and bunnies and turkeys and goats. And a garden spot. I'm glad my sister in law told me I could use one of their many garden spots for our garden.

I enjoy a tiny bit of sugar in my tea. Mostly I drink it plain. I really like Good earth's sweet and spicy tea. Soo yummy. I better get back to crocheting. My little one wanted a bunny for easter, so i'm croceting one..And now she wants me to make her some baby clothes and diapers for her Baby Alive..(Kalinta) She loves that name, she's 5. Looking forward to chatting with everyone.
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  2:57:27 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
..shuffles out of the corner and plops down in a rocker...wasn't hiding, read posts but just couldn't sit down and write, but I'm here now..

Happy Easter and Happy Spring to all. For Easter dinner, we had 8 people total and ate outside on the deck, getting rained on with maple seeds. The air was brisk, but the sun was bright and about 70. We played croquet afterwards, a couple of times... fun.. we enjoyed time with family we don't get to see often either..and they don't live that far away.

Nan: hate when that happens. we didn't get sick all winter, knock on wood. sure hope ya feel better.
I was having trouble with screen not "fitting" so I have a mouse with a wheel and I held down the Control button and turned the wheel til I got the right size page and still be able to read without squinting. :) hope that helps.

Miranda: your cats are just beautiful! hope they're getting along better now.

Dianne: the tea came in yesterday and that blackberry sage is wonderful. thank you. drank the first cup with sugar and the 2nd cup plain.. yes, i use my teabags twice. :)

Debbie: we have 2 things in common, we both like to crochet and Original Good Earth tea. :)

yesterday was so warm, breezy and sunny, that I got all my laundry done in my wringer washer and hung til dry.nothing like the smell of lined dried clothes and sheets, ya know?

Put a light out in the greenhouse for warmth, since it's been 35 at night and going to be 29 one night this week. Sure don't want to lose any plants after putting all that work in them.

Welcome to the new gals... from western North Carolina! smiles, hugs and prayers for all. :)

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  4:38:50 PM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...just real quick...

WELCOME DEBBIE! Always room on the Porch!!

RFM Tammy...yahoo, you quit that awful job. Sorry you got scared half to death but glad
you quit!

Patsy...glad to see you girl!!! I am sure that Judy warned you that we send out the Porch Posie
if you go MIA for more than 3 days! lol

The last page of posts was really messed up. I am not sure why we all had to scroll across to read
everything, but it seems to have self-corrected on this page. So Glad!!!

OK...got my denture, looks good, feels weird, and I sound funny talking. Several times it has gotten
my gag-reflex going, may need an adjustment back there. Over-all, I am just happy to have teeth again
and be able to smile! The teeth look real natural. They no longer make the teeth all the same length...
which gives it the more natural look of your own teeth. Tried to eat a chocolate cookie (what else)lol
feels weird not to have all your taste sensation going on in your mouth. Makes food NOT taste as appealing.
Did not expect that. Only ate half the cookie and gave rest to DH. Only drank half my coffee (vanilla latte),
maybe there is hope I will now lose weight cuz food doesn't taste as good (I can at least hope!).

OK...need a nap! More Later!

:+) Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 10 2012 4:42:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  6:37:21 PM  Show Profile
Hopefully no more snow until the end of October now. But no planting until the first of June.
For some reason that last entire page was formatting oddly. I had the same problem with scrolling back and forth.
Thanks all for prayer for the kids. I am off to class shortly.
Bunny, yarn guru, do you know who makes a really stretchy sort of knitted yarn with some sparkle to it????
Later all

CMF
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  6:41:05 PM  Show Profile
Good evening ladies,
I do hope you had a great day. I decided I wish it was summer! My little butterflies have decided the same I believe. We have only about 6 weeks left of school but the school year has been long. I was disappointed at Weight Watchers as I seem to have the scale moving the wrong direction. I have been close to my goal weight and then I got in a funk. So I am drinking chocolate tea and having some strawberries for a snack.

Peggy so glad to hear that you got your dentures. I will pray they fit well and you get used to them.

Welcome to all the newbies. So glad to see you here. Trust that the porch posie hits the road to hunt you down if you go AWOL...but it is so nice to know we are truly loved here on the porch.

well I am going to drown my sorrows of today in a pot of tea and good book and then bed. Tomorrow is a new day.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Teacup Lane http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  7:10:19 PM  Show Profile
I had a big long post here and I lost the whole thing!!!! I hate it when that happens!!!! So with that, I will just say I hope all are doing well. It is only 30 degrees here right now, still very windy. Maybe by next week we will have better weather so I can get out and work in the gardens and yard.
Peggy, I am sure after awhile you will taste food again, just takes time to get used to.
Welcome all the newbies.
Will catch up with the rest of you later. Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  7:46:54 PM  Show Profile
Tammy...I'm glad you quit that job! WOW! I am tryin very hard to let go and turn around. My Hubby said it is like I'm hangin from a limb facin the wrong way, I need to let go one hand at a time and turn myself around.

Debbie... I had to move my middle DD due to bullyin, then remove her from school altogether to homeschool due to a teacher bullyin her! It was a very traumatic thing for her, but she is great now. Good for you! Good mom's stand up for their kids no matter what others think!!

Netty...I'm hypoglycemic, used to be diabetic but dr said I control it so well with diet and exercise he thinks it might have been jumpin the gun puttin me on meds and labelin me like that. I get the sugar lows sometimes if I let life get in the way. It feels so horrible and then eatin just starts a roller coaster sugar ride that knocks you out for hours. I hate it and will set my alarm on my phone to remind me to eat if I'm super busy, like christmas or thanksgiving or birthday cookin days. I know how bad that feelin sucks.

I understand bein super protective and worrisome of illness with your child. I have a 3y/o DD who was a preemie with an enlarged heart and enlarged liver. She was in the NICU at methodist hospital for 6 weeks when she was born. I didn't even get to hold her till she was 3 days old. It was heartbreaking and terryifying. I am always hyper aware of her health and what she eats and does. It's just a mommy thing when we see those little ones, they are always in that fragile state in our eyes.

Peggy...I'm glad you got teeth now! If they are hittin your gag reflex you really need to watch them. My mom's did that and she has nearly killed her gag reflex because she wouldn't get hers fixed. Just be careful, we all care about you and we are all a bunch of 'mommy types'.

I decided to grab the bull by the horns today and get started on some forward momentum. I went and got 1680 lbs of gravel and filled the bottom of my 4x4 box and all my big planters on the porch. Then I went and got a whole truck bed of mostly composted manure and filled the box and big planters to 8 inches from the top. Then I filled the planters with my mix of compost, pottin soil, and garden dirt to top them off. I will plant them tommorrow. I also have to get a load of topsoil for the box so I can plant it.

All of my boxes and planters are basically hotboxes this year. I will be plantin everything tomorrow and coverin with plastic. I am tryin this to see if it will start my plants like a hotbox would. If it does I will be diggin the beds out each fall and refillin them each spring for startin my seedlings! I can get fresh, uncomposted manure from the same location I get the composted stuff. It's all free, just 2 different piles. The uncomposted stuff gets really hot, so it can be started pretty early in the spring.

I'm also tryin something else new. I've got a few tomato plants started and I'm gonna start some from seed under a milk jug hotcap beside them. Supposedly they will match each other by the time they start producin tomatoes and the seed started ones will produce into the fall longer. I was wantin to play around with a bunch of weird ideas and stuff, but the garden was so far away from the house. Now I have the boxes right by the house and planters right by the front door. I can play around as much as I want and can check everything mornin, noon, and night without a long walk.

I'm startin some new garden journals and puttin weather and experiment info in them each day. I want to really track what's happenin and see what works and what doesn't. I'm even gonna try plantin some of my berry bushes up by the neighbors fence and tie them up straight so the kids won't get into them on accident.

Hubby is pickin up a bunch of porch rail boxes from menards tomorrow on his way home. I will get my strawberry plants in them by this weekend and will have them on my porch! I think they will be nice to go with the huckleberry and sunberry plants I'm startin. I am also gonna get me some blueberry bushes to grow in large planters in the front yard. I will have lots of berries and there is a woman I get peaches and pears from just outside of town, so fruit will be plentiful around here.

I'm so tired and sore now. The gravel was machine loaded, but shovel unloaded. Then the manure was shoveled in and out of the truck. Then I had to clean the truck! It was dad's truck, I just borrowed it since he doesn't have a campershell and mine does. I'm hopin tomorrow won't be too bad since it's just a very small load of dirt, not a whole truck bed.

I did come home and take a long soak in the tub. I love havin a tub agian!! I was without one for 3 years. I hate showers! I love to soak and read. I spent nearly an hour soakin my sore back and legs tonight. I feel waterlogged and sleepy. I sat down with some good tea and pumpkin bread and have nibbled and typed here for about 45 minutes now. I guess it's time to end this novel and get my sore buns to bed.

Night all!!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2012 :  06:03:40 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Nan, it isn't GiGi that has a rare disease, it is her Mom, please got to this link and read Danielle's story, passing this info along to others could save a Mother's life.http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com/2012/02/for-expectant-mothers-or-new-mothers.html

Lynette, thank you on the sweet compliment on GiGi (Gwendolyn Grace), she is such a cutie and such a sweet baby, Sunday during service she never complained at all...and I got to hold her till the end when the dedication was...hehe

Peggy, I am so glad you have teeth again..giggle...I know you feel better...when I was little my Momma use to take her's out and chase me around the house....I use to scream and laugh at the same time....memories...ahhhh...so wonderful...

Sorry I didn't get to everyone but know you are in my prayers...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

My blog: http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pgmcgee/#
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2012 :  08:56:52 AM  Show Profile
....Rofl....what funny stories....
So glad you Gals remember your Mama's in a good way!
I got up to a skiff of snow on the roof/26.
Hubby had a meeting at work up in the next county and
said they had 3-4 inches of the white stuff.
This weekend we are 'spose to be up to 70!~~doh~~
Weird weather. *giggle*
Seems it's all over the East again.
Stay warm Porchies!
Anybody else want in the Book&Tea drawing? I only have 5
Gals in it so far!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Apr 12 2012 11:16:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2012 :  09:56:25 AM  Show Profile
Morning ladies! Sorry I have been out of the loop... I haven't had a chance to catch up... been up to my ears in paperwork with the house. Having to dispute something on my credit report because apparently CitiMortgage thinks that if there are two ML Paces residing at the same address, they are one in the same. That's right, apparently I took out a mortgage with my Daddy when I was nine. Forget the fact that my DOB and Social are not the same.

SO I sent a letter with a copy of the report showing the mortgage, and they are supposed to send a letter stating that they are rectifying it.

I also found, while nosing around my reports, that AT&T lied to me and told me that my credit would be unaffected by their cancellation and collections ordeal that THEY caused. I hate to be a whiney wilma, but good lord... no wonder no one can get loans!! Even the people with GOOD credit have bad credit because of all the errors!!

Anyway, enough of that. I'm taking care of it and moving on to the next step. Going to have the house inspected, and wait for the letter to get to the mortgage company.

I'm trying to be cautious and not get my hopes up, but we already picked out paint for the trim of the house, as well as a couple of colors to keep in mind for the kitchen/dining and the sewing room. Thinking about colors for the bedroom and living room, now.

As for the trees, those will be planted eventually. Josh wants some fruit trees with the garden.

Well, girls, work is picking up suddenly and I just had to deal with someone who had a bad attitude and worse breath, so I'm off to go sip some more coffee (as if I need it!) Hope you all have a great day!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2012 :  1:36:24 PM  Show Profile
Poor Miranda...BIG((((hugs)))) for ya! So sorry for all the undeserved trauma in your life girl!
Hang in there!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Apr 12 2012 11:17:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2012 :  2:22:39 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Judy! I had a melt down the other night, but have decided to just keep moving ever onward (as I remind myself daily, to do!) and do what needs to be done.

So far so good, I have all of my apps and such filed and they are going to look it all over in the morning.

It's more or less a waiting game, now!!!

Well, I'm headed home here in a bit. Thankfully, Josh is off today so I have someone at the house to talk to other than the cats and dog, today ;)

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2012 :  3:58:19 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, so sorry the job didn't work out. I'm glad you knew when to walk though. Sounds like a very scary day. If another coworker started this, wonder who their next victim is. Maybe if the man gets the job, a change of scenery will be nice.

Angela, glad you started work on your gardening. I bet it helps with the blues about moving. If I didn't have my sewing to distract me I don't know what I would do. You'll feel so much better working outside and I bet your garden will be awesome!

Peggy, never thought about the gag reflex. Is it common? Too bad food doesn't taste the same. So many things you don't think about with dentures.

Miranda, oh the trials of buying a house. I think many of us have gone through it. Just don't give up. It will work out if it is meant to. I always believed if you are meant to buy a certain house, everything will fall into place. If it becomes too much of an uphill climb... move on. It will all come together as it should.

Nothing going on here. Homework as usual, a little sewing. The weather is overcast but warm. It tried to rain this morning. I love it when it is warm and rains.
Later All!!

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2012 :  4:57:27 PM  Show Profile
Hi, ladies!
It's just me jumping on your porch railing again..

Your "tea card" arrived today, Diane! After reading all the comments from the Farmgirls I can't wait to try the Blackberry Sage tea tonight.
The Chai sounds yummy too! Thanks so much!

I keep reading all your posts, girls. Every time I try to jump on the porch, it seems I just fall off again. (I've been doctoring for a couple of weeks now after not feeling well for a few months) I have to laugh at myself..I have good intentions of jumping into the conversation, and by the time I read all the posts, I am sooooooooooooo tired. lol. Guess my body just needs a little more time.

Did pick a quart of violets this aft to make jelly; and, will try to pick more tomorrow. DH bought me one of those thingees that you can kneel on, and turn over to use as a stool. Sure helped these silly knees. He even helped for about 15 mins. That was enough for him!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2012 :  5:00:28 PM  Show Profile
Angela, for someone who didn't have much to garden you are making me very sore! Isn't it nice to have those little things, like a tub, to make a house feel like home?

I feel your pain Miranda. Those credit reports are nightmare! I still have a similar AT&T strike on my report and I once lived in a duplex and the lady in the B apartment had the same last name. So now her name is on one of my reports as other names I go by. You can just call me "Ola" if you want lol. If you really need your credit report fixed up I recommend using Lexington Law. I had to use them for about a year but almost everything got cleaned up and the errors removed.

Peggy, I'm glad you got your teeth. That is weird about food tasting different. You will just have to force that chocolate down like a good girl.

Well, today I am having a little sore throat and feeling like the allergies are hitting a little. I'm taking it easy and resting lots. Things are coming along in the garden and hopefully I'll have a tomato to eat in a month or so. I got the bunnies tarps set up to protect them from rain and wind. I'm working on a washcloth to send with some soap to a penpal. I just keep thinking, "how in the world does Peggy just whip these out?" I must be the slowest knitter on the planet. I'm doing the basket weave washcloth free pattern on Lion Brand Yarn. Not much else going on. Going to go watch a movie and read some. Night girls.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

country_lovin
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Debbie
Oregon
USA
50 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2012 :  6:51:03 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for the warm welcome.

When I picked my dd up from school yesterday and today it was nice to see her smiling. And her day went really well.

I exercised a bit and I am so sore. I think I'll take a swim in the tub. Got most of my cleaning done. I finished a book I was reading, so it can go back tomorrow.

Not a whole lot going on ith me. My life is wonderfully dull.. I do watch a little girl a couple days a week. Her parents asked me what I charged. I told them to not worry about it. So they surprised me with the biggest cinnamon roll I've ever seen. And it was really good.

I'd like to learn how to knit someday. Have a great evening ladies.
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2012 :  7:57:40 PM  Show Profile
Wow, Debbie, that is a huge cinnamon roll! Bet it took you awhile to eat it. I too get tired out by the time I get done reading all the posts, my mind gets boggled, and I forget what I was going to post.
Just know that I do think of all of you throughout the day and enjoy reading about everyones day, I just can't respond to all of you at once.
Still can't work outdoors yet, way too windy and cold. I grilled hamburgers out and had to finish them inside because I was freezing out there, only 39 and colder with the wind chill. We will probably be complaining here in the summer of being too hot. No happy medium, heh?
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2012 :  8:01:13 PM  Show Profile
Hey Porchies!

Miranda...I hated goin through all paperwork and red tape to buy the trailer we owned years back. I can only imagine it's gotten worse over the years. So sorry you're findin it a fight.

Judith...I spent hours upon hours pickin violet last year. It turned out to be good that I made waaaaay too much violet jelly that season. I was completely unable to pick and can this spring with the move. I won't be goin without though. I made 4 cases of it last year and we haven't polished of the second case yet, so I'm covered this year.

Julie...It is gettin to be allergy season around here. My girls are startin to suffer the symptoms a little. I'm startin them on bee pollen. I know they absolutely hate allergy season.

Debbie...That cinny roll looks awesome!! Hubby seen the photo and wants me to try makin some really huge ones like that. His favorite part of cinny rolls are the inside soft layers.

Well, ladies, I was payin for yesterdays adventures today. I was so sore and tired I couldn't hardly move this mornin. It was noon before I could go and drive the truck to get my topsoil and compost to finish off my garden bed. The guy who took my order charged me for a half a yard of compost mixed soil and then took me over to load my truck. When I got home and looked he had filled the truck bed! I got almost a yard and a half. I checked the reciept and called them to tell the guy he overfilled me. He said it was fine, they always make sure to give extra to keep their customers happy. I had more than enough to fill the box, all the planters, every extra container I could find to grow in, and still had about a third of it left over.

I didn't get anything planted like I wanted, but I will get to it in a day or so when I don't hurt so bad.

I'm gonna get the epsom salts out and have a long soak. I have a lot of ideas and plannin to get done over the next 2 days. I have to work out my patio/kitchen window/grow box/comgar plantin plan. I also have to get a food box to my gpa and gma and get my laundry done. I still haven't started it with the sudden plantin prep work the last few days.

It's supposed to be cold till friday, then warm with scattered showers. Perfect plantin weather!! I'm gonna try to do the plants in the house here out in the box friday and everything else on saturday and sunday. That will leave me with peppers, eggplants, and tomato plants in here. That should give me most of my little tables back! The plants have them all right now.

I'm off to soak in the bath with the epsom salts. I have a lot to do in the next few days!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2012 :  01:25:21 AM  Show Profile
Evening My Porchies...

Well, day two of having teeth and things are going a little better. Have to learn to take small bites because since you don't having feeling on the roof of your mouth it is easy to nearly choke on food that you didn't chew fine enough. Goodness, I never thought of some of the things you have to get use to. Like things stick to a denture where it didn't with my own teeth. But you don't realize you have a half a piece of bread stuck to the inside of your cheek until you move your tongue around. It is just so darn funny. Nobody warns you about these little problems. I guess it is an inside secret. LOL

Miss Miranda...don't you just love Credit Reports. We spent last year trying to get other peoples credit problems off our credit report. My husband was just checking the report and discovered some stuff that wasn't our stuff! It is crazy! But in our area believe it or not there are about 10 different Larry and Peggy Smiths. I know Smith is a common name but who would have every though our first names would be that common???
Don't give up girl...you will get it fixed!

Cherime...what are you going to be making with sparklies in your yarn?
Speaking of yarn...I got my pretty Medusa Bernat yarn today. Now, I just have to learn how to make granny squares. Never made them before...but I have a good Turtorial to watch...just need some time to sit down and do that. Maybe this weekend when DH is at work.

Julie...the more dishclothes you make...the faster you get (like anything). I just make them almost every night...because I unwind from the day doing it. I love the basket weave.
You and Angela...just are driving me nuts with your gardens...I so want to start planting. I think I will be able to at the end of this Month. With no more worries about snow or frost. Or buckets of rain. It has been raining for two days here and will tomorrow but then I hope to get out and clean out the garden....and at least prep it.

Bunny...you have had a little bit warmer weather than we have. We did have a warm rain today too. My lawn guy came and now my yard looks so pretty. And I took a picture of my first Rhoddie getting ready to open...and my cherry tree is just starting to blossom out. This is going to be a beautiful yard soon. There must be 15 Rhoddies, 10 azzalias, and about 10 flowering trees. and then lots of ornimental grasses, including bamboo (which I don't like). I like bamboo contained in little in-door pots but not outside. It is right in front of my front door. (dumb!)
But it was nice to move into a house that had a nicely landscaped yard already.

Teacher Tammy...how's our little Jax doing?
Yesterday the neighbors dog (a big beautiful Retreiver) came over to visit our dog Snickers who was outside during a sun-break on his tie-down. And Cinnamon discovered that I had the back door open so he just came right in and checked the place out and had a drink of water and a bite of Snickers food. It was so cute!
I am sure that you and the butterflies are having a bad case of Spring Fever. Aren't we all!!!! Hang in there....not to long before summer break!

Hi Judith...how you doing girl? I hope you get to feeling better yourself. I remember getting some of your Violet Jelly and some of Angela's last year too. They were both very good...and the first time I had ever had Violet Jelly before. Yummy! Must be a lot of work though!

Angela...what are Sonberries??? Never heard of those before. Your Gardens are going to be fantastic girl!!! All that hard work is going to pay off! Glad you got yourself a nice tub to soak those over-worked muscles.

Debbie...good grief girl, that Cinnamon Roll is big enough for everybody on The Porch. I'll bring the tea and milk if you promise to share. LOL When I first looked at your picture I thought it was a Chair...that looked like a Cinnamon Roll. lol

Netty...was it you that told the funny story about your mom chasing you around with her teeth out? That was funny! I loved the bubble gum story too. I could just picture that!

Well, off to bed to read for awhile.
Julie...I started the
the first book in the Games of The Thrones Series. It reminds me of Lord of The Rings...in a way.

More tomorrow Ladies...I know I missed, Penny, Jan, Nan and a couple of others of you...don't feel slighted, you are always in My Heart!

Was it Julie that asked about the 500 Post Gift Swap the other day? Megan is in charge of sign-ups for that. We will swap names when we hit page 500. So, there is still time for Porchies to sign up for that if you want to be a part of it.

OK...I really am leaving now...Goodnight Ya All,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 12 2012 01:30:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2012 :  08:18:19 AM  Show Profile
I found a bag of yarn at a thrift store and the really stretchy, pink sparkly yarn was in there. Just a small amount, not even a full ball and it had no label. I made up a set of mitts but it is almost as if it were kitted into a thread somehow. But it stretches so well that the mitts fit beautifully snug without binding. I would love to find out where it came from and what it is if it is still made.

Well it is official, we are all going to retire. Not sure what that looks like just yet but we will all discuss that when the other boss gets back. I need to work on the Etsy store and doing more bazaars this summer. Need to make that truck payment somehow.
Later all back to work.

CMF
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page