Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2012 :  10:47:37 PM  Show Profile
Hello Porchies,

Please forgive me for not commenting on everyone's writing but I will when things settle down. You might remember me talking about God being in control and my moment asking God to open the window???? Well the story is unfolding and it will give you the chills. God is working in mighty ways. I can't share right now, it's so raw and I'm kind of waiting to see where God is taking it before I share. But I'm hoping you might all pray for me and not forget me if I'm not in much for a while. God is GOOD. Amen?

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2012 :  12:09:46 AM  Show Profile
Kimberly...we're prayen girl!! I'm glad God knows what's going on, cuz we are all holden our collective
breath.

I feel a little better tonight on the head-cold front. Have just kinda layed low and rested for two days. So, I am sure that helps in the long run.

Alyce...thanks for the Pfefferneusse and coffee. Just what I needed. Like you, I sort of just hung out in my rocking chair today and read. It was so rainy and misserable and nasty out. I did try out my new coffee grinder and got a nice fresh hot pot of coffee going after I drank yours. lol
So, girl what were you trying so hard not to think about today? Anything we can be prayen for you about? If you don't want to share that's OK too...we can still pray for you.

Ruthie...I am so sorry that your injections aren't helping. How soon were you suppose to start feeling some relief...did your dr. say? I am with Bunny...maybe accupressure might help. I know when I am having a lot of the Lateral leg pain...I massage my own legs. It would be nice for someone else to do it...but I am not going to wake DH in the middle of the night and ask him. So, I just do it myself and it does help....atleast enough to get me back to sleep.

Bunny...A round robin is when you have an odd number of names...and so you will send to a different person than the one who will send to you...that way everyone gets to be in on the swap. Make sense?

RFM Tammy...sounds like you had an eventful day...even if it was all work and no play. But ya got a good book to read so that was nice. I gotta ask...when you get a book out of order in a series...do you have to wait and read them in order like I do? I am kind of lame that way...unless someone has told me that the book will stand alone on it's own, then I am not so picky.

I did make some cafe curtains today. Well, that isn't totally accurate. When I was Farmgirl of the Month...Meg and Mary Jane sent me a set of curtains for a very small window. But I had no small windows. So, I used those two panels and took an adorable large Tea Towel that my friend Pam (KittyKill) made for me and I turned that into the third panel to fit my window above my computer table. I didn't want a curtain that covered the whole length of the window...because I like to look out into my pretty backyard...while I am working at my desk. So these are more like a long Valance. Oh, so cute!
The first Panel is our MJF Rooster the middle panel is Pam's Stack of Tea Cups with a Bunny in the top cup, and then the Third Panel is flowers and the saying "Certified Farmgirl". I also put some Heart YoYo's on the bottom of the panels. Just what I needed on that window.

OK, well my book is calling me and everyone else has gone to bed. So, guess I will head there too. Doubt I will make it to Church Tomorrow but I can watch it on my computer. Not the same...but better than nothing.

I'm already missing that hour of sleep we lose tonight.

Sleep Tight My Angel Girls,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2012 :  09:41:06 AM  Show Profile
Peg, the curtains sound adorable! I posted in "Hogs and Quiches and Prayers" and will have an update soon. Thanks! (How's the new grinder working?)

Bunny, congratulations!

Ruth, I'm so sorry to hear the shot didn't work.

Hugs to everyone, and I will try to answer some e-mails this afternoon. (I'm so far behind it's embarrassing.)

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2012 :  12:13:50 PM  Show Profile
Things have been a bit weird here. Please pray for me as on top of family problems, that dizzy inner crud was has left is attempting to come back.

Alyce, understand about not thinking.
Bunny congrats on the scholarship.
Peg blessings.
Kim praying for you.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2012 :  7:46:19 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!
Jan, I'm jealous of your weather! It's starting to get warmer here, but not quite as warm as I'd like!
Cherime, I'll be praying for you!
Bunny, Peggy's right on! I didn't know it was called a round robin swap, so I just called it a circle swap because it's kind of like going in a big circle of porchies.
Kimberly, I'll pray for you during this time. Stop here whenever you have time!
I had a really good weekend. I went to a concert with my friends on Friday. It was more so a showcase of local high school bands, but it was still a lot of fun. Then last night there was a dance, which was also a lot of fun! Overall a fun weekend! I hope everyone has marvelous Mondays!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2012 :  07:40:51 AM  Show Profile
Morning, girls! All this talk of the weather, and I am looking outside to pea soup! I almost rear ended a bobtail rig this morning because the truck was white (it was a newer chevy or ford rig of some sort) and the fog was SO heavy. They do say it is supposed to be in the 80s today which is WONDERFUL considering it has rained for the past several days and it's been cold!

My cousin's wedding was beautiful and she looked SO happy! Gorgeous dress and just a good time, all around. Like me, she didn't have her father to give her away... he passed away 7 years before my Daddy did, and he had no family, really. Our Uncle Guy gave her away, and I think all of us were crying. I know I was grateful I finally found a tough eyeliner!!

And, I won't get into details now, but I think Josh is coming closer to proposing, finally. I haven't waited as long as some girls, but I'm also not as young as they are! I'll just have to keep praying, and crossing my fingers and toes!!

Now, if we can hopefully find a house! I'm still trying not to get my hopes up on that one in NW Austin, but I sure do like it! And, it will take getting used to being in the city again, but at least there's a nice big greenbelt right behind that house. Even if we can't get that one, I think my best friend's brother-in-law can help us find a good one.

Well, I hope that everyone who is under the weather gets to feeling better soon, and that everyone has a nice, quiet, peaceful day. I figure with the whole spring forward thing, we could all use a rest!!!

Take care, and I will check in later!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2012 :  09:23:40 AM  Show Profile
Oh yes.... forgot to share a story with you all.

Last night, my adorable little kitty *koffkoff* created havoc, as per usual, but, in the wildest way.

Newcomb has a bit of a chewing problem. I've had another cat that chewed stuff, but not quite like this. Same (my Russian Blue that lives with Momma) chewed the bottom half of a document box into the perfect shape of the Alamo. It was great!

Well, Newcomb one-upped Sam last night.

He was in the living room, chewing on the reusable JoAnn bag where I keep the paper for the flowers I am making. I was tired of it, so I got up to go find some rawhide chews I'd gotten for the neighbor's dogs (they wouldn't eat them, so I tried giving them to Penny, but she won't eat them because they are so big). As I enter the kitchen, I see pink liquid on the floor. I thought Josh had spilled some as he made himself a drink, until I realized, there was a LOT of it, like something had leaked. I couldn't figure it out, till I traced it to the box of Cherry Crush sitting on the floor by the island.

I called Josh into the kitchen and he started helping me clean it up, taking each and every can out and wiping them down, and checking them. Sure enough, the can that sat under the opening for a handle for the box had two small punctures.

"No way! He couldn't.... I mean... LOOK at all this... and he's... his face is all clean!! His paws! I mean... you'd think... NO WAY!"

Sure enough, they are the exact size, shape, and placement of dear little Newcomb's teeth. Somehow, he managed to pierce the can and it leaked out everywhere, and SOME how, he walked away with none of the evidence on his little white face, or his little white paws. I think I was too shocked to even scold him, honestly.

I grabbed one of the rawhide chews and gave it to him, thinking he'd give me the "Uh... what's THIS?" face. Instead, he spent about an hour chewing the ground chicken jerky coating off the rawhide, so I may be going to see Adam at his pet store for more of them!! I swear, I adopted a kitten, not a goat!!!!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2012 :  10:52:11 AM  Show Profile
Good afternoon ladies. I have a brief break here at work so thought I'd jump on and hang out with my porchies. It's a miserable day out - damp and rainy. Nothing worse then a damp and rainy Monday especially after we lost an hour yesterday. Neither of us could get to sleep last night until after midnight and we were both feeling it when the alarm went off this morning. It was 43' out when I left for work but they were predicting temps about 60' today.

Yesterday was a very busy day with the beautiful weather we had. I went out and cleaned ALL the flower and garden beds. I don't know which flower it was out in one of my front flower beds but I had a nasty skin reaction to it when I pulled the dead thing out. I actually developed welts from it. Burt's Bees gardening soap, witch hazel, and cortisone cream didn't do anything. Then I used Burts ResQ Remedy and it cleared it up. The man pulled the patio table and chairs out of the garage so I plopped down there after I finished the flower & garden beds and knitted in that wonderful sunshine. He was tinkering with a 3-wheelers he's been working on. I even managed to take the furkids for a 2 mile walk. I hope everybody was able to enjoy that sweet sunshine. My back has been pretty knotted up so I'm happy that I have a massage scheduled today. Hopefully she'll work her magac and get the knots out.

Miranda - I have to laugh because I've had animals that are like that too. We can only shake our heads. Glad you didn't end up in an accident. I've heard that white and black vehicles are the worse for being hit because people can't see them. White disappears in fog or snow and black at night. I imagine silver probably is similiar to white.

PeggyAnn - I can sometimes read books out of order, it depends on how much the books build on each other or if they stand alone. So far this book stands alone but I will wait and read the other 2 in the proper order when they come in. A series like Harry Potter though has to be read in order since it builds on itself. You should post pics of your curtains. They sound devine!

Kimberly - Keeping you in my thoughts.

Okay, break is over. Figures doesn't it that the minute I start typing the phones start ringing LOL. Have a great evening everybody.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2012 :  12:17:52 PM  Show Profile
So to does one have to be invited to porch sit or can one just plop down?

Lora

If it ain't red, leave it in the shed.
www.CountryFriedAcres.etsy.com
www.farmallchick.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2012 :  12:22:47 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Lora! Plenty of seats for everyone!

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2012 :  12:23:03 PM  Show Profile
Lora...Welcome to The Porch! We are pretty casual around here...so just come and plop
down in one of our many porch rockers, or our more comfy porch swings, kick off your
boots and stay awhile. You will come to love the women here...such a great group. Some
come and stay for just awhile and some come and stay for long periods of time. Hope
you will be one of those who feels right at home here and stays for a very long time.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2012 :  12:38:38 PM  Show Profile
Such a perfect day here in NY that I wish we actually had a porch!

Opportunity Never Arrives...It's Here!
Farmgirl 3842
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2012 :  1:34:17 PM  Show Profile
Thanks! I have a funny story to share, if you don't mind. I work for a really great guy. He's a savvy business man that has all kinds of endeavors going...anyway.
We had recently been talking about getting a company car for me to drive back and forth on my hour commute instead of me running my poor, broken-glove box, floppy-window control panel, cracked-windshield, gas-sucking-too-many-miles-to-count truck completely into the ground. He mentioned that his wife's aunt had a car that she was paying him back for, but she hadn't made a payment for about 5 months. I said I would go get it if he wanted me too. And so the fun begins. He took me up on the offer.
Now - he didn't tell me exactly when he wanted this done. Last night, dh and I were at a friends house until about 10 pm. When we left, I checked my cell phone, which I had left in dh's truck. (we have 2) There was a message from the boss asking if we were going to go get the car. It came in around 630. Now mind you, if I had known that he wanted it done on Sunday evening, I would have left my friends house WAY earlier. See the car in question was just under an hour and half away. I texted back - will get it tomorrow after work. His reply was - no, need you to get it tonight - the keys are in it and its parked on the street. Ohhhhhh. So off we go in the dark to find the car.
An hour and a half later we find ourselves in the little town driving down the main drag looking for the car. I had the address, but it was dark and I couldn't see house number very well. Luckily he had given me another set of keys just in case it was locked. I was pushing the little remote in hopes that it would make the lights flash on the right car. Blink Blink - there it is! Now I am really nervous because he told me the husband of the aunt was a mean drunk and liked to pick fights with anyone. I look around but don't see him. I grabbed my purse and cell phone in one hand and the keys in the other and jumped out of the truck. I run to the car which I had unlocked with my remote. As I swing the door open and jump in, I cracked my knees on the dash and the steering wheel. I am trying to move the seat back and start the car at the same time while my husband is whisper yelling to hurry up before someone comes outside. I am freaking out - I feel like we are stealing the car and the cops are going to show up at any moment.
I finally get moving and realize to my horror - I have NO dash lights! I fumbled around the dash looking for the knob that controls the brightness. No use - the lights are not coming on. I called dh and said wait up - I have to follow to know how fast I am going. I drive into the darkness - looking at darkness - just waiting until the red and blues come on in my rear view mirror. It was a long drive! Thankfully, I didn't see one single cop all the way home!
We decided to go ahead and drop the car at the mechanics for him to check it over. As I was putting the keys in the night drop, my hand got caught by my rings. I look at my dh with that Oh Crap look on my face. He can't stop laughing. After about 10 minutes of struggling -worrying that I am going to set off an alarm or something, I grabbed the flap of the night drop and push it back as far as I can - bending it in the process. At this point I don't care - I got my hand free. We finally get in the house about 130 am. I have to be back up by 7 to get ds up for school...I have been sitting at work all day trying to stay awake, dreading that hour drive home. I am still wondering if it was a set up and will soon see the fiasco on You Tube or something!

Lora

Edited by - FARMALLChick on Mar 12 2012 1:36:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2012 :  4:20:46 PM  Show Profile
Hi Hope everyone had a great weekend.
I am a little sore from the tournament but not too bad. A hot shower dose wonders.
I did not do as well as I would have liked, but that's ok. It was my first State tournsament, and I had fun. I ment some really nice women and ate some really good food.

Weather here is icky. Cold and windy, it feels more like November than March. I hope the weatherman is wrong and it is not like this all week, with rain added in.

Janet yes they are in a tote in the house right now. The weather is just too unstabe to put them out in the shed. even with a heat lamp it is too cold some nights.

Miranda thanks for the info. I will say a prayer for the house.

Bunny I am sorry your teacher is not the best. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow. If he did not want comments or questions in class he should have outlined that in his opening class. Sounds more like his fault than yours.

Kimberly you and your family are in my prayers.

Cherime praying for you girl

Lora come on over and sit a spell we have lots of room and there is always a rocking chair for you.

I best get moving.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1413 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1413 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2012 :  6:31:49 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Lora. Ladies here a update with me. My pain is out of this world,over top so I called the dr. today he ordered me med to calm nerves in my leg. Took one a 30 minutes aga and I'm feeling better. Hope this lasts. On Monday I go in to see dr. to discuss epidyral shot instead of another nerve block. At this point I just want this to be gone or controled.
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2012 :  6:43:30 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Lora, we have plenty of swings so come on and join us.

Ruthie...I am pryaing for you...so sorry to hear not better.

Beautiful day here. Took a walk with Jax after I got home from work and he loved that. Now off to book and evening tea
love to all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Teacup Lane http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2012 :  6:58:02 PM  Show Profile
Ruth, praying for you. geez.
Lora welcome. What story. What a night! It's like a comedy movie.

It really blew hard here today, at least gusts over 80 mph.The worry then is that trees will block the roads when they blow over, but nothing did this time.

I'm home eating pot roast I made last night. I am proud of myself that I cooked. And tonight I need to make some kind of dessert something. Preferably hot. It poured rain after the wind blew over, too, but all is calm now. Hoping that was it, but probably not.

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2012 :  7:38:04 PM  Show Profile
Hi all!
Miranda, what a cute story, and funny too! I wonder how he got away with no evidence! And I'm glad that your cousin's wedding went well.
Ruth, I hope that your pain subsides soon.
RFM Tammy, I hope that your massage was nice and relaxing!
Lora, welcome welcome to the porch! And what a funny story! I hope you find yourself welcome on the porch anytime!
One day down, only three to go! One of the perks of it being the end of the quarter. We also didn't have rugby practice today, so that was nice, but then we have it everyday this week, including Saturday. But it's a long weekend, so I'm perfectly okay with that! I hope everyone has great Tuesdays!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2012 :  01:16:51 AM  Show Profile
Lora...what a funny story! I would have felt like a thief in the middle of the night too. Was his sister ticked off about the car? What if they reported it stolen? Oh my gosh girl you like to live on the edge! LOL
What does your tag line mean "If it isn't red leave it in the shed"?

Dianne...Glad you had a good weekend and fun at your state tournement.
Sounds like your weather is as gross as ours. We got 3 days last week of sun and 60's, kind of felt like spring was right around the corner. This week 7 days of straight rain, high winds and some snow on the valley floor. I hate having to take my dogs out to go to the bathroom because I get more drowned than they do.

Ruthie...have you gone to a neurologist? I am glad they gave you something to calm the nerves in your legs. You may have to resolve yourself to the fact that you are going to need to be on medication to get any form of relief.
I feel your pain girl! NOT FUN!

Madame Butterfly...how are our little butterflies doing lately? Haven't heard any cute stories about them for awhile.
Happy to hear that Jax liked his walk. Bella likes very short walks. They aren't dogs that need a lot of out of door stimulation because they run around the house and play all day. Bella can literally play fetch for hours non-stop. Snickers our Scotty needs lots of out door time. He loves to walk and follow every scent out there. His sniffer is always going a million miles a minute. ha ha

Nan...did you get snow tonight at the Coast? I saw pictures of Seaside with quite a bit of snow today. Weird to see it at the coast as that doesn't happen that often.
Hasn't the wind been fierce the last couple of days. WOW!

Miss Megan...good to see you on The Porch tonight sweetie! Are you still getting grief from the ex boyfriend or is that totally a done deal? For your sake...I hope he just went away!

Miss Miranda...forgot to mention that I got a real chuckle out of your story about your cat (who thinks he's a dog). I didn't know that cats could be chewers...I always just thought they were scratchers. Pets can be very distructive if they are chewers. My husbands old dog Sterling ate two twenty dollar bills off my husbands desk one night. He had five laying there...so, he got off lucky that he only ate forty bucks instead of the total hundred. lol Also a few years later he ate my husbands dentures. And I can't tell you how much of my yarn he ate over his 9 years of life. Enough to make several sweaters I am sure.
Oh, the things we put up with...because we love them so much!

Well, I had an exciting day. One I hope not to have to repeat again. I had ordered my youngest son a really nice Coffee System off of QVC for his birthday Which is today...but I never got conformation on line that they shipped it. So, when I was checking into my online bank account...I noticed that I had charges for two on-line dating services. Well, as I checked things out further...the only online purchase I had made was for my sons birthday gift. So, I got to spend this afternoon at my bank, filing fraud charges and getting a new bank card. You would think that QVC would be a reputable on-line ordering sight but obviously they have an employee who isn't. I will spend tomorrow trying to make sure that person is fired. So, my bank account is frozen for a couple of days until I get the money re-imbursed from my bank and now my son isn't getting a birthday gift. So, I was pretty ticked off. Anyway, while I am at the Bank I had to write a couple of paragraphs to prove it was fraudulent withdrawals and not something I did.
If it wasn't so darn sad...I could have just stood there and laughed my head off. I said to the sweet young thing helping me..."Seriously? Here I am standing there with no upper teeth in my mouth, I had thrown on the quickest ol' thing I could find just to get there and get this matter taken care of. And I am 60 yrs old and over-weight. I said, Can't you just take a picture...I think it would clear this up pretty quickly. Besides I have been happily married for 27 yrs and he is older than I am." She started laughing even though she was trying to remain professional. Yeah, sure I joined to on-line dating services last night cuz I am looken sooo good with out my teeth.
*giggle, wink and
run for the hills*
geesh! Then I though this guy must have been some dumb kid to only charge on-line dating services. He could have really had himself or herself a good time.
Not that I have a bunch of money because we are on fixed incomes but...I guess I just never would have thought in a million years to steal somebodies credit card to use for getting a date.

OK...there is my funny and stupid story for the night.
Is there a full moon out.....

Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2012 :  07:20:18 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, if he has to rob people to get a date...what does that say about his realistic chances in the dating pool? Seriously? I am sorry this happened to you and your son though!

Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2012 :  07:49:50 AM  Show Profile
Peggy - My tag line refers to Farmall Tractors - If it ain't red, leave it in the shed. If the aunt had called the police, it would have taken some serious explaining, but the car is in my bosses name.

That's too bad about your CC. Hope you get it worked out. I'm sure your son will understand.

Hope everyone is doing well. Hang in there - the weather get better eventually! We are having a string of beautiful days here this week. It's supposed to get up to 77 here in central Indiana - in March, that's unheard of! Usually during the Big 10, we are having an ice storm.

Lora

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2012 :  08:58:59 AM  Show Profile
Lora - welcome to the porch! I'm an Indiana native myself. Grew up mostly in Plymouth. That's a hilarious story. Sort of like being a repo agent.

Ruth Ann - sweetie I'm so sorry you're having no luck with treatments for the pain. Keeping you in my thoughts and sending healing energy your way.

Megan - I had an awesome massage. I think I have the best massage therapist in the world to be honest. By the time I got there it was like a poker burning in my shoulder and it was starting to spasm so it was a really good thing that I had an appointment scheduled. When I walked out the pain was pretty much gone and I've had no burning or spasming since.

I'm supposed to get my new camera cord today so hopefully I can post pics of the yarn I spun last week. Need to fly. My sandwich should be delivered soon and there are several appointments scheduled for this afternoon.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2012 :  12:45:02 PM  Show Profile
Well, we're having an exciting time on the Oregon coast. Yesterday blew really hard, and rained buckets. Well, the water blew sideways until the wind died down about 5 last night. So about 2 a.m. my cat and I heard something thump and we got up to check it out. I opened the curtains to lovely snow falling straight down in the quiet. There were already about 3 inches on the ground. i took some pics through the window. The pine trees had clumps of snow on them -- it was all just beautiful. I went back to bed, and there it was this a.m., about 6 inches. My cable internet service is out for some reason so I"m now at the library.
I was about to go to a dr. apt at 9 a.m, when I got a call saying don't bother. Then at 1130 I drove up here to go to class to find the college closed. They noticy by email usually, but I don't see an email about that.
Snow on the side roads, everythign mushy and melting. Not too cold, either.

We don't cope well with driving in snow or ice here, not much practice. And there are lots of people living just a few miles inland that probably got a lot more snow.

So, I'm off to the store, and then home again. No class tonight either, so I can do Something at home.
nan
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2012 :  5:28:13 PM  Show Profile
Well my teacher lost it today with me in class. I asked a question about the homework. There were a few other students that had the same question.. however I was the only one as usual to speak up. Funny thing was my problem wasn't answered with his explanation. Long story but when I tried to clarify my problem, he turned around red faced hands clenched and told me to just stop talking and let him finish with his explanation. It turns out my problem had nothing to do with the basic question and if he had been calm we could have figured that out. He finally listened to me and gave me the answer sheet to shut me up. .... As I walked out other students were laughing saying they were glad it was me and not them. Somehow I don't think he would have don't that to them. My main problem is I'm ADHD. My mind works a hundred miles an hour and it was apparent within seconds he didn't understand my question. I need to learn to just shut up and let him go on. When he is done I need to just move on and figure it out on my own. I am going to have this teacher for the next two years. Hopefully I won't cause him to have a coronary every time this happens. It is making me realize I just need to sit quietly in class and if no one asks the question.. so be it. I'm smart enough to eventually figure it out. But after days like this, I feel broken. I'm just not like other people and have never fit in. Owning my own business was the only way I was able to cope with who I am. .... feeling a bit down about it.

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2012 :  07:52:13 AM  Show Profile
Hey - don't ever let someone intimidate you. If you have a question because you don't understand something, you have a right to ask. He chose the teaching profession to teach - if he can't do that with losing it, he needs to quit. If he continues to lose it over being asked a question, you should go to your adviser or the deans office and ask for help. Explain your self rationally, but with intent. I had the same issue in Algebra II ( I just don't understand it). The instructor blew up at me. He made me cry. I went to my adviser to see about changing classes. They did one better - they had an undercover student go in and observe. I asked another question and he exploded again. He was put on administrative leave and had to take anger management classes and had to issue a public apology not only to me, but all the students for his immature behavior.

You are there to learn - no be scolded.

Lora

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page