Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  3:53:23 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone

Pam that must be the poblem at my house. My DD and her boyfriend eat with us. He is 20 but still eats like two people. There are hardly ever left overs unless I plan for them for lunch the next day. Sometimes I can make a large pot of soup and save some, but not very often.
Good luck with the changes. Change can be hard but very exciting.

Miranda it is ok to be just a envious. We all understand. I cry at weddings too. I have no idea why. My Dh just shakes his head and puts his arm around me.

Ruth I will be prying Friday. Let us know how it goes.

Kimberly cute pics. I loved taking the kids to places like that when they were little.

Megan sign me up for the swap. I might get to 500. LOL

Peggy keeping you and your gums in prayer

Tammy I am soooo green with envy!!! I would love to take a class and get a wheel. Fund are just not there. Glad you enjoyed it. Post a pic of the yarn I want to see.

Oh I need to go I have Bell Choir practice. I will catch up later

Dianne(ID)
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  4:38:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Just want to jump on really quick and say hi and to post a pic of the great package I got from Peggy for me being Feb. FGOTM.....she is so sweet with the note pads, nail files, aromatherapy eye mask, which I just love and the beautiful purple knitted bath cloth...I'm one lucky girl....thank you so much Peggy

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  6:55:02 PM  Show Profile
Hi all!
Kimberly, everybody who tries to cross should be weary. A high school girls rugby team is not a force to be reckoned with!
Peggy and Judy, I love Gilmore Girls, too! It's on every weekend on SoapNet.
Joan, homemade waffles sound yummy yummy!
RFM Tammy, spinning sounds fun! At first I thought you were talking about bike spinning, but then I realized you were talking about yarn! Either way, it sounds like a good time!
Alcye, I will have some cake, please!
Kimberly, what cute pictures!
I got back from retreat today, and it was a fabulous experience. I feel much closer to my sophomore class than before, and I was able to have a major emotional breakthrough. I had a great time and I can't wait for junior retreat next year! I was also lucky enough to have some of my friends on the same retreat, so it was a good bonding experience for us as well.
Okay, so for a celebration of the Porch's 500th post, we're going to have a Friendship Appreciation Swap. I'll write down the list of people who sign up, partner them up (myself included!), and then we'll each send our partner a small package of little trinkets and fun things. Please tell me by Sunday and then I'll set up partners! And I think if we mail out by the end of March that would be okay? Please sign up and celebrate Porchies!
Have a blessed Thursday!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  7:48:20 PM  Show Profile
Megan, sign me up for the friendship appreciation swap. Sound like fun.

I finally got my homework done for today. 7 hours of fun. I should get a Pulitzer for all the writing I have been doing lately.

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2012 :  09:12:06 AM  Show Profile
Megan, sign me up as well.
Also ladies, I found this link this am to a real time display of the Aurora. was shot in Norway. It is amazing. They say it is pressure on the magnetic fields that causes this. Pressure? Maybe from God's fingers. This video has it all. It's a keeper.
http://www.alaskadispatch.com/video/video-aurora-real-time

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1399 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1399 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2012 :  10:21:31 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls, being new here (2 months) can someone tell me what these abbreviations are DH...I see that alot. Are there any others that you all write. I really hope this isn't a stupid question lol.

Happy Trails
Farmgirl 3842
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2012 :  10:36:07 AM  Show Profile
Megan - if we have until the end of the month count me in. I'll have to start working on this. Are you going to be put a $ limit on it? I've had a lot of people ask me if it was an exercise spinning class so you're not the only one LOL I've had to try to remember to mention yarn spinning instead of just saying spinning. Although it is a leg workout suprisingly. I noticed yesterday when I was walking around the office the backs of my legs into my buttocks was a wee bit tight. A benefit I didn't even realize :O)

Dianne - The funds for the wheel aren't in the budget right now for me either. Not until I get this stupid Jeep issue taken care of. The man gave me a gift certificate so it paid for the lessons or they'd be on hold too.

Someone asked about abreviations. Here's some I typically use
dh = dear (or d*mned)husband depending on our mood lol
dd = dear daughter ds= dear son
df = dear fiance (or dear friend)
bff = best friend forever
gs = grandson
gd = granddaughter
gb = grandbaby
LOL or lol = laughing out loud

I'm sure we use some others but just ask :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1399 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1399 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2012 :  10:44:19 AM  Show Profile
A big thanks, Tammy.

Happy Trails
Farmgirl 3842
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2012 :  11:03:18 AM  Show Profile
Hi all,
I've been gone because I somehow unsubbed from the Porch. I figured it out and found my way back.Lots to catch up on.

Kimberly, I adore your pics of the goats and bunnies and dogs. How pretty Black Pearl looks with her baby.

Bunny, what are tea wallets and how do I get to your Etsy site?

RUthAnn, I'm praying for you about the pain and the diagnoses, for peace and healing. Have you had the first shot yet? My time sense is out of whack because I just caught up a few pages. Oh, and the house in INdiana, how exciting. Ha, you're going to be so surprised at all the stuff you find when you start sorting. We went through our huge family house and were just amazed and what we found. WE knew about it sort of, but forgot. My parents lived there since 1946, I think. The linen cupboard was really fun. I still have stuff here since I moved to Oregn that we didn't know what to do with. I still don't know.

PeggyAnn, how brave to have all your upper teeth pulled. Praying for you too. What dear boys you have, so kind.(and funny.)How about refried beans with melted cheese?

Cherime, you're probably over it now, but I have sinus problems and I rinse my nose out morning and night. If I dno't, I get an infection.I just use a rubber bulb they use for babies, and salt water. BUt many people use a neti pot. I can't figure out how those work, butpeople like them. Also, I had a great picture of a lurking moose, trying to hide its big self behind a skinny tree, and pretending he really wasn't there at all.

Pam, your "quiet" day sounded so productive. I'll just sit here and watch. I'm interested to hear about the changes that are coming.

Diane, I live alone too, and no longer have a big freezer, which I miss. I might get a small chest freezer for the garage, tho, and then I could cook regular meals and freeze them. It's hard to cook for one, and I too either eat whatever it is for days and get sick of it, or store it in the fridge until it becomes a science project and then it stinks.

Megan, count me in for the swap. Never done this before, but I'm interested.How many small things, and are they things we make? I make books and wire and bead people pins and other things. (I can make a small notebook, or a bookpin, say, dosen't have to be a book book.)

Alyce, I know abuot Davey Jones. It was a stab to my heart. And so young. Darn it, all these people dying so young.

Things aer getting better at work, people not quite so weird and mean, and I'm getting better about it too. I'm learning nto to live down in my circumstances, but to stay close to Jesus and let things roll over me.

Friends and I are still wanting to get together to build our beehive kits, because We get our bees in mid-April. WE have to order them soon, too, and decide which kind to get. I'm excited about it.

I have to get up now and get dressed, becase I have my singing class and a makeup test in music theory after. we had our midterm recital Tuesday, and it went better than I thot. We have a number of new singers, and that changes how fast we learn songs. But it's amazing how nervousness will focus ones attention and we remember all the notes. Well, most of them. Now we're learing The Lion Sleeps TOnight (you know, Wim-O-Weh). It's easy and fun.

More later, glad to be back on the porch.
Prayers for all for healing. Phooey on this sickness junk.
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2012 :  11:27:40 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Peggy, hope you are feeling better....wish I could send you something to cheer you up...maybe soon, we will sell something, and I can start sending out my gifts and cards again...but wanted to thank you again for my package and let you know I have you in my prayers...I'm so far behind on here don't think I will ever catch up so just going to start on the page we are on...no need for me to get frustrated with myself..like I use too....so everyone, I'm busy today but wanted to jump in and say hi and check on Peggy....forgive me for being MIA but hopefully soon I will return...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Edited by - Acelady02 on Mar 04 2012 9:30:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2012 :  7:58:01 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies,
Just thought i would drop off some scones and a pot of english breakfast tea. no pictures of jax this week as they moved his grooming to next week. So I will post when he is done next week. But I got my own hair with a new style. I highlighted it quite blond and cut it like Ellen DeGeneres..I am sure that is not spelled correctly

Megan sign me up for the swap. That sounds like fun.

Peggy hope you are doing well. You are a brave woman.

Ruthie Ann I am so praying for you tomorrow. PRayer been going up all week dearie.

Bunny sounds like you need a break from homework.

I have been feelig a bit down this week. I have been so busy the past few weeks and I just can t seem to find balance lately with work, home, and spending some quiet time with God. I am usually so organized and things and lately it has been out the window with the amount of work I have had at school along with some stressful issues our school is going through. I am just a bit out of sorts.

Anyway thank you for letting me sit in my rocker and sharing my heart.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Teacup Lane http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2012 :  11:45:08 PM  Show Profile
Well My Porchies...tonight I packed up my books and my own little insecurities and
headed to teach Bible Study.
The teacher could hardly not go...just because of having her teeth pulled out, especially when I am teaching Beth Moore's Study..."So. Long Insecurities." LOL
Sometimes I think God has a wicked sense of humor!

Glad to see people signing up for our 500 Post Swap on The Porch. This will be fun. You can do as little or as much as you want...it is totally up to you.

RFM Tammy...I thought you meant an Excercise Spinning Class at first too. I think that is so cool that you are doing that. It is something that I always thought would be cool to do.

Joan...the abreviation question was not stupid. I didn't know many of them at first either but once you know...you sort of pick them up fast. The one that took me the longest to get was ROFLOL
(Roll On Floor Laugh Out Loud)or (rolling on floor laughing out loud)

Nan...glad you found your way back to the Porch girl. Everyonce in awhile it happens that all of a sudden you notice that you aren't getting your normal notifications of posts...then like you did, you have to go find your way back and re-sign up for the Threads you like to be on. Don't know what happens but I have had it occur several times over the past year and a half.
My pain is pretty much gone in my gums and so is the swelling. I found out that I am not so vain that I want to stay in my house and hide-out. So, I still go to Barnes and Noble about 5 times a week, do Bible Study and what ever else I need to do. Life is too short to spend 2 months of it locked in my house.

Penny...I am so glad you got my little pkg of goodies for FGOTM. Did you pick a new farmgirl for March? I didn't see a post today.
Financial Crunches are not fun...but we know you will be back in the swing of things when you can. I am suffering with some of that myself at the moment. Will be glad when this dental thing is over so that $ can go to other things.

Teacher Tammy...oh, I am sorry to hear that you are a bit down. I hope your new hair-do helped perk you back up again. I know it is one of those things that really give me a boost. You just share your heart any time darlen...besides you always bring treats when you do! LOL
Just joshen ya!

Ruthie Ann...let us know tomorrow how the injections do for you.

Bunny...I don't know how you put in those long hours of home work. I would be brain dead! Does Fibro Fog ever make studying hard for you?

Well, I am tired tonight. This has been such a crazy week for me...trying to adjust to going off my anti-depressants. It has totally messed up my sleeping pattern.
I have been a crafting fool this week...if I can't sleep I am out here at my crafting table making something.

Well, I am off to grab my book and a cuppa tea and go crawl into bed. Hope everyone has a Fabulous Friday!

Live Loved,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 01 2012 11:47:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2012 :  07:50:43 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies. I've decided to rename myself and decided on something a bit more appropriate - DetroitFarmGirl instead of Rosefairiemom - hope I don't confuse anybody to terribly. Not sure when the change will occur.

Wind advicery warning in effect for later today - winds could be between 40 and 50 mph. I'll feel like I'm living in Virginia again during a hurricane lol. Possible rain today, possible snow tomorrow, and 50' temps by midweek LOL Crazy weather this year for sure. I have no plans that I'm aware of for the weekend so it will probably be wise to just stay in while this craziness plays out.

Last night I worked on the computer/office room for a bit. I bought some photo boxes at Michaels and used them to start organizing one of the bookcases better. I have a bunch of yarn that I'd thrown into tubs that I started winding into balls and sorting it so I have all my cotton dishcloth yarn and my sock yarn separated from the rest. I hope to work on it more this weekend. Weekend plans are also to bottle our raspberry mead so we can start another batch or two. The man bought the corker this week along with some corks. We just need to kill off the yeast and wash bottles to prep for bottling.

PeggyAnn - glad to hear your not in pain now.

Tammy - have a cup of tea and a scone, take a couple deep cleansing breaths, and you'll get your center back soon I'm sure.

Well I need to get back to work. I had a huge surge of work this morning and have a smidge of a break before more soldiers arrive for a meeting. It was a nice little break and I treated myself to a cup of tea. I seriously need to do some baking this weekend so I have a cookie or scone to munch on with my tea :O) Hopefully I'll have time this weekend to tell you all about the books I've been reading - some really good titles.

Keep safe everybody and have an awesome day :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1399 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1399 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2012 :  08:04:06 AM  Show Profile
Morning or close to afternoon...well I made my appt with the doctor again for my PET Scan/CT...now I'm down to once a year instead of 2x a year. I hope all goes well. Anyway, the swap sounds like fun, so if you gals don't mind I would like to join in also.

Happy Trails
Farmgirl 3842
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2012 :  08:12:11 AM  Show Profile
Hi All -

Not much time to write - life is insane right now. I've been sick again - stomach flu type thing this time - yuck. Got more bad news - boyfriend's daughter and her husband are divorcing, and boyfriend's farm is tied up in the middle of the mess because he put her name on the deed a number of years ago. We're praying he won't lose it or have to sell it to buy out the son-in-law. Plus, their house is on property next to his that he gave them when they married, so he will be losing access to that property also - so sad. Your prayers would be appreciated.

Megan - please sign me up for the 500 post swap - sounds like fun!

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2012 :  11:21:49 AM  Show Profile
Nan, I will be putting my tea pouches on my website sometime today. It has lots of fabrics but I'm adding things I have made too. You should be able to find them on the right hand column. I'll have some kind of description like purses and pouches or something. Not sure yet.. but it will be something similar.

Luanne, so sorry you are sick. No Fun! Sad about boyfriends daughter. I hope they can come to some kind of agreement. Did he put her name on the deed before she was married. It may help. I would tell him to visit a real estate attorney. He may have some advise.

Tammy, you can name yourself any thing you want. We will still love you!

Peggy, good for you on getting out of the house. I'm sure you will have brand new choppers in no time. My fibro has been fine. I lay pretty low and it stays in line. I have more problems with low blood sugar than anything. I have to make sure to eat the right things before doing homework. However, I'm not sure what fibro fog is. I may be dealing with it and don't even know.

Tammy, hope you feel better soon. It isn't fun to be in a funk. But the hairdo sounds cute! A nice cup of tea can do wonders though.

Joan, don't feel bad about the abbreviations. It took me a while to figure them out too. Sometimes a new one comes up and I have no clue. Be thankful we don't converse like teens texting on their smart phones.

Well, I have been getting some great orders from farm girls on my online shop. I now have enough money for my next quarter at school so I don't have to worry about a job. It gives me the time I need for homework. Next quarter I'm taking my third accounting class, Dreamweaver (a web design program), accounting using a computer and tax preparation. Fun huh! I'm looking forward to the Dreamweaver class. I would love to learn how to set up my own website.
I have lots of fabric to scan and get on my website in addition to the little things I have made myself. So I need to get to work!

Hope everyone gets to feeling better and have a nice cup of tea. I left some nice Earl Grey, croissants and raspberry jam on the porch.

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2012 :  11:44:17 AM  Show Profile
So much sickness going 'round. Our "TeaBags" Tea Hostess for this month,Dianne W. will have to send out Healing teas for ya'll! LOL Just kidding! I can't wait to see what she is going to saturate us with though.
Welcome Joan and"fiberbug" and welcome back Nan!It's funny how life takes us away for awhile sometimes, but we always manage to find our way back.
Boy you should hear the birds singing today. hmmmm.....must be close to Spring. We are awaiting a thunder storm that's suppose to be bad with high winds, so I'll have to Batton-Down the Hatches!
Take care Gals!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"

Edited by - herblady55 on Mar 02 2012 11:45:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1399 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1399 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2012 :  12:28:07 PM  Show Profile
My DD dropped off her laundry today....so doing laundry all day long, hers, mine and ours lol

Happy Trails
Farmgirl 3842
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2012 :  5:24:25 PM  Show Profile
Tea_Lady_Tammy - hope you're feeling better soon! I know how it is to be "unbalanced" in life & in work. It makes everything so difficult!

DetroitFarmGirl/Rosefairiemom - Stay safe in that winter advisory! I think we have one too, but I'm "working" tomorrow, so I'm not going too far.

Peggy - glad to hear you're feeling better & the swelling has gone down.

Luanne - hope everything turns out for the best. Prayers said for you & your family.

Bunny - that's great that you're not going to have to work during school!

Well...we had a PD day today. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Of course, we didn't really solve a whole lot of problems, but we got some things figured out (I think). Tomorrow we go in & clean. How fun. So much for having a full weekend. I'm not terribly impressed...but on a good note, I don't have to go to the city to visit my brother & sister-in-law....They are supposed to be stopping in/by on Sunday afternoon for lunch. Right now they are ticked off at my parents & not talking to them, so I hope it's not going to be like that all the time they are here. AND it's the first time in almost 3 years that they have been to my town. We'll see if they actually come. Usually their excuse is that I'm "too far out of the way" (30 miles one way about). I say whatever. If you're not going to make an effort to come see me, see if I make an effort to go see you. Sorry, I have some "things" that I don't like about the whole thing. So if you think of it, keep me in your prayers on Sunday.

I decided I needed to clean the bathroom tonight (even the tub!), and I've done 2 loads of laundry. I think my supper is almost done, so I'm going to eat (if I'm hungry), & then watch more Gilmore Girls. I'm halfway through season 3 (can't remember who was asking now). I'm tired tonight....hopefully I won't be up crazy early tomorrow - my normal time would be fine!

Hope everyone is feeling better that needs to!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2012 :  9:30:11 PM  Show Profile
Hi all!
I'll get everyone down for the swap!
Pam, Gilmore Girls is a great way to unwind!
Bunny, good for you taking so many classes! I'm sure you'll do great!
Luanne, I hope you feel better soon!
Teacher Tammy, I hope you find balance again soon. Some people just go through funks, and I hope you get out of yours soon.
Peggy, I hope you have a relaxing weekend!
I'm excited for this weekend just because my Mom and I are going to be able to have a lot of time together. I hope everyone has relaxing and fun weekends!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2012 :  12:23:02 AM  Show Profile
I finished season two of the Gilmore Girls last night. Now I have to go find out if I can borrow them
from someone else or if I can get them on hulu or netflix. I would prefer to not have to pay for them...
if possible.

Long day...and My sister who is at deaths door just got in a fight with me over me changing cell phone
providers. Oh, I so don't want to fight with my sis. I love her to pieces...and I just want her to relax and quit laying in bed worrying herself to death over such stupid and trivial things. It's days like this
that I just want to stick my head under the covers and pray for the Lord to come take me home. Ugh!

Have a good weekend you all,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2012 :  08:28:44 AM  Show Profile
Just checking in to make sure all my Sistas are ok. I just heard that TN,KY,IN&OH had torndoes yesterday. I'm ok here in NE OH but the gusts are awful. God help us! It always scares me!
Peggy, praying for your brittle situation with your sister. I understand how you feel. I would feel the same way!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2012 :  08:31:40 AM  Show Profile
Yes, how are all of you in the tornado country? Praying for everybody there. I thot tornadoes came in seasons, and this isn't it, is it? Anyway, horrifying to watch on the news.

Please let us know.
love from Nan if Oregon
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2012 :  08:45:47 AM  Show Profile
Peg praying for peace over that situation.
Praying for those storms to not effect any populated areas. For them to go past and over.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2012 :  09:41:19 AM  Show Profile
Morning Sisters,
I had my injections yesterday. My heart was racing at 160 beats a minute way to high so they gave alot of meds to get it down. So now they want to send me another dr. to look at my heart rate. Ug. So tried of this already but am keeping my self busy crocheting. Ok back to the injection. I did wake up with some stiffness in my leg so I took a muscle relaxer and pain reliever. It does feel ok but is very cold and damp here today. They said it would take 3 to 5 days to see if the injections worked.
Peggy- praying for you and your sister.
Luanne-hope your feeling better
Teacher Tammy- hope your life is finding some balance. I sure wish I had balance as well.
Megan-I'd love to be in the swap. Are you going to ask about likes and dislikes? What is the limit?
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page